4.1/5 (10682 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty offers two protection plans and multiple add-on options to protect against unexpected home system or appliance repairs and replacements. Both plans cover household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except California and Washington, but it has partnered with a company to provide Choice Home Warranty-branded products in California.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service
    • No home inspection

Cons

• $500 roof repair cap
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

I was having problems with my dishwasher and used the site to have someone sent out. Choice responded quickly with info of a local repair company to come out. After more than two weeks of calls to the repair company and little response I called Choice and they gave me a second company to call. The second company's communication was much better and they are setting up to repair once the parts come in.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

I am a call center Supervisor myself and I have been very impressed with CHW service and customer focus. I was a bit surprised at the level of fairness and follow through, given the low price for the coverage.

Long story short, my dishwasher broke and caused my breaker to trip. The dishwasher repair company had to come out on more than one occasion and eventually it worked out that repair cost more than the unit. Originally the repair company told CHW that the issue was secondary to installation so CHW was not going to cover due to improper installation. While I understood that thought, the unit had functioned perfectly for nearly 20 years. I couldn't imagine how now suddenly installation was the issue. The CHW representative thoughtfully listened to what I said and had her manager review the claim. CHW ended up paying me money out for the unit. I didn't expect that at all, but was extremely relieved! I also should mention that in the process the repair company did not contact me in a timely manner to reschedule their visit. A CHW supervisor contacted me concerned and to discuss the claim further. I had a technician out that next day.

We bought this warranty as we are selling our home and wanted to offer it for the new homeowner. We will now use CHW for our new home purchase!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

I made a call on Thursday night, they emailed me back quickly and called me first thing in the morning, the technician came here around 10 am and was efficient.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

Thank you CHOICE WARRANTY and PERFECT BLUE POOL CARE. Called Choice Warranty as my pump went out on my pool. The man they sent out did a great job and could not be happier. So thank you to all involved, from the person who took the call to the person who fixed it. Great job Choice Warranty for your level of quality and service.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

Your company is outstanding. I have never received this service so quick and successful. Thank you for fixing my heating problem.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

The team did a great job. From taking the "work order", to finding a repair company, to dispatching the worker, to completing the work. It was an easy process with results!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

My ignitor had to be replaced. Excellent, on time and very courteous and fixed the problem.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

I recently begin having problems with my garbage disposal. I called Choice Warranty to place a claim and within minutes I received a call from the plumbing company asking when would be the best time for them to look at the disposal. That same week the company came to look at the disposal and found it to be non-repairable and replaced it right then and there after getting approval from Choice. Great experience, less worry. Thanks to Choice Warranty.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

From beginning to end the case was handled with professionalism and care.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

I was externally leery of getting a warranty, now I'm glad. I've only been in my home for less than 3 months and I've called twice for assistance. Greatly, the electrical technician saved us a ton of money.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

I signed up for choice home warranty because they were having a promotion and I was told that the promotion was only for a limited time, but I had 30 days to change my mind and cancel with no questions asked. In the meantime, I shopped around and found a policy that I think better suited my needs given the age of my home. I also reviewed their contract and noted that there were many exclusions that other policies did cover. I called to cancel and I was on hold for 10 minutes. Then when someone finally did get on the phone, they snapped, "What makes you want to cancel our policy?” I told them that I wasn't interested. They laughed and very patronizingly said "You don't know what you're doing. We’ll see you back in a month." I told them to cancel it, and they laughed again and told me "We canceled your policy. But you'll be back."

They did have the lowest rates out there when you factor in the service call fee, but if you look carefully at their contract, there are too many exclusions! I have also heard other people canceling their policies because they said that they had put in claims that weren't covered because of exclusions (e.g. failure of their water heater, but not covered because of sediment, i.e. lack of maintenance). But now with their extremely rude customer service, I will NEVER ever consider them again. I will not recommend them to our neighborhood association who regularly asks for feedback on home warranty companies.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

They were prompt in answering call, arrived on time, identified the problem quickly, had the necessary parts in the truck, whole problem resolved in one day. I am a happy camper.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

We are totally pleased with the work -- replacement of electrical switches in our TV room and guest bedroom and replacement of electrical outlet in our dining room. Sharp Electrical always responded promptly to our communication. The workers were courteous, knowledgeable, and efficient. Thanks for the referral to Sharp Electrical.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

Outstanding. Got my heat up and running.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

Prompt, friendly, great follow up.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

I called at 5 a.m. on a Saturday and the customer service was right there. After a few questions I had an email with the issue being sent to the next level before hanging up the phone. At the end the tech that was sent was one of the most professional I've experienced. Choose my only choice.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

Follow up by technician is prompt and great service.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

Very fast service. Called Choice, they referred me to Cook Plumbing & Heating, and they came out the next day and replaced my sump pump. Very happy customer here!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

Fast, great service! The technician came out the very next day.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

I am HAPPY to say that I received EXCELLENT service from the initial point of contact with the CSR at Choice to the repair service from the plumber and the service man who repaired my refrigerator...I was more than pleased from beginning to the end of the process. Thank you CHW!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

It had leak water. He fixed new garbage disposal. It did good work. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

Thank you guys so much, I had the best experience with you guys. You guys helped me on the same day and fixed all my problems. Thanks a lot.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

Took a few days for technician to arrive and diagnose the issue, but was super quick completing the work as soon as it was diagnosed.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

My washer was malfunctioning and I filed a claim with Choice. They immediately transferred my case to the technician company who came to my place in a couple of days and diagnosed the problem. Choice, thereafter, felt that the issue could not resolved by merely repairing the washer since it was a old unit. Therefore, they sent me a check to purchase a new unit which duly arrived in 30 business days.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

Washer wasn't working properly. I put in a service call. They were out the next day. My machine couldn't be repaired and someone from customer service called me back really quick. I was very pleased.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

Gasket and diverter mechanism replaced.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

Fan light stopped working and the technician that came out, discovered the problem and fixed it fairly quickly. He was neat, clean and efficient.

Great - fast service!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2015

Response was quick. Service was prompt but unsuccessful due to transmission shaft worn down too much to engage with a new drive motor coupling. The company negotiated a fair amount of cash for the units replacement considering the local area market & age of the machine.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2015

The installer did an excellent job replacing the damaged opener. The only problem was the opener does not work with my old Sears entry keypad, nor with my car opener.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information