4.0/5 (11114 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty offers two protection plans and multiple add-on options to protect against unexpected home system or appliance repairs and replacements. Both plans cover household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except California and Washington, but it has partnered with a company to provide Choice Home Warranty-branded products in California.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service
    • No home inspection

Cons

• $500 roof repair cap
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: June 28, 2014

I initially filed a claim with CHW in March of this year (2014) and was assigned a service company from Baton Rouge (I think it was M&G or something similar) who sent a technician down to check out the system. The first visit was more fact finding and he needed a part. Came back a second time, same story. This went on a time or two and finally he said we needed an entire heating system. "Parts were on order." Repeated calls to them were fruitless so I called CHW and was assigned Spears A/C & Appliance, Baton Rouge, which was a total disaster!

I called CHW, told them that I was totally unimpressed with Spears and within 15 minutes I was called by Feniv's A/C & Heating of Kenner, LA, who arranged an appointment with their service tech who came within half an hour, worked on the system, laughed when I told them about all the "parts orders" and showed me the problem: a blown fuse with a defective thermostat! All in less than a half hour! Bottom line, CHW did their part well, it was just a matter of getting the right service techs! Kristen of CHW made things happen when she was informed of my problems so I would highly recommend her and CHW.

Original review: June 27, 2014

Great services and on time.

Original review: June 27, 2014

One of the best things about Choice is that I don't need to look for a plumber in an emergency. They do it for me. I love that. If there is a plumber you like he is always busy when you need him. Or retired. Or on vacation. Then you are left with the pennysaver ---iffy. Or a friend's recommendation. If they even know a good plumber. None of mine do. Choice sent Miracle Plumbers. They were very professional, neat, tidy, timely. Thank you, Choice. My toilet does NOT RUNNETH OVER.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: June 27, 2014

My experience trying to get Choice Home Warranty to honor its home warranty contract has been a nightmare. They have looked for every way possible to avoid paying for the repair of my washing machine, including alleging "physical damage" because the door seal was no longer fitting. They said their policy doesn't cover damage to the door seal, but it does cover a malfunctioning computer control board. They are refusing to honor their contractual commitment to repair the control board that operates the machine. The agent actually said since the door seal doesn't fit and they won't repair it, they also won't repair the computer control board, which the contract says they should cover. They also do not readily allow anyone to speak to a supervisor. They all claim to be supervisors when you call. Only after insisting, I was actually transferred to someone who claimed to be a manager. This is a disreputable company. Avoid them like the plague.

Original review: June 27, 2014

The gentleman from Climate Control, LLC did an excellent job. He returned all of our calls, called the morning of the service, was right on time for the service call, and was very thorough. We appreciated his politeness and knowledge.

Original review: June 27, 2014

Response was immediate. Able to schedule appointment to have AC fixed.

Original review: June 27, 2014

The Drum from my washing machine stopped spinning. I went online and submitted a claim. Very quickly a technician was assigned to repair the washer. Because the washer was old and the repair will be costly, he recommended me to replace it. I agree with him and a check was sent to me almost enough to replace the washing machine. Everything went very nice. I recommend Choice Home Warranty to everybody.

Original review: June 26, 2014

I contacted CHW & was contacted by a plumbing company the same day. Appointment was set up for the following day. Technician came on time. After explaining about not getting enough water pressure flowing, the technician knew exactly what the problem was. All is well now in my home. I have told a friend about CHW who lives in Memphis, TN. He wants me to email CHW promotions to him, which I will be gladly to do.

Original review: June 26, 2014

Oven Repair - Service was fast even with two visits.

Original review: June 26, 2014

Our claim was responded to very quickly.

Original review: June 26, 2014

The technician was very good. He fixed the disposal and clogged drain in a timely manner.

Original review: June 26, 2014

Choice Home Warranty assigned a contractor for my repair about two business hours after my claim was submitted, which is excellent. The contractor gave me an appointment for that afternoon and missed the appointment, but this is not CHW's fault. He came the next morning and did a good job in fixing my problem.

Original review: June 26, 2014

After receiving such poor service from our previous home warranty company, I was hesitant to call when our A/C went out. But Choice made the repair easier than I imagined. The A/C unit was actually fixed the same day it broke. Thank you!

Original review: June 26, 2014

The contractor Green Line Mechanical was very professional, knew exactly what to look for, diagnosed the problem, fixed it and it only took a little while for the whole process to be completed. Very professional in every way.

Original review: June 26, 2014

I have shopped around for a good solid home warranty coverage and found Choice home warranty. The visits are not as costly as other warranty companies offer. The customer service desk is helpful and quick to respond to our needs. Both my daughter and I have used the service for plumbing and air conditioning. I do not want to go without it at this point as it has saved us hundreds of dollars.

Original review: June 26, 2014

Our dryer wasn't drying well so I called Choice Home Warranty and received a call in less than 10 minutes to set up an appt. The person who came was on time, well-mannered and extremely helpful. He even gave me pointers for longevity of my dryer. Great experience; thank you!

Original review: June 26, 2014

Tech was professional, prompt and knowledgeable. Found the problem and fixed it.

Original review: June 26, 2014

I was very happy with the timing and the repair of my AC. The thermostat was not working correctly and it was a Saturday. I didn't expect anyone to turn up until Monday, but an engineer arrived a couple of hours after my call, made the assessment and returned on Monday to replace the faulty thermostat. Can't ask for better service than that!

Original review: June 26, 2014

Prompt response, accurate diagnosis and immediate repair by courteous and competent technician sent by CHW. No further problems after repair in April (now it is June). Thanks!

Original review: June 25, 2014

Came in, diagnosed my problem in 2 min., ordered the part and returned in two days. Repair was done in 3-4 min. Efficient service.

Original review: June 25, 2014

My A/C unit shut down during the weekend and I called CHW to have someone come and look at it. Someone was out asap and the unit was repaired with days. It was very easy and no hassle. Even the contractor commented on how easy CHW is to deal with.

Original review: June 25, 2014

I was very shocked to see they actually use actual OEM parts. That's always a plus in my book. The contact between Choice and the repair facility went smoothly with no snags. Positive things to say about this company.

Original review: June 25, 2014

Best experience yet with contractor as far as troubleshoot and remedy of dishwasher not consistently draining. I have had this warranty for over 4 years and feels it is well worth the dollar value for peace of mind.

Original review: June 25, 2014

I am presently deployed and have been home only a month since March of 2013. So like most men especially military men, we hate not having control. My brother contacted me to let me know my A/C was inoperable. The peace of mind it gave me to say no problem, just call Choice Home Warranty and not have to worry about a ridiculous repair bill was invaluable. Within a day it was fixed and the $45 service charge didn't break the bank. This has to be one of the best forward thinking decisions I have ever made. I wish they did auto coverage!!

Original review: June 24, 2014

The tech showed up on time and was very knowledgeable. He was clean and did his job quickly. I was very happy with the service.

Original review: June 24, 2014

We called CHW when our A/C was leaking. They sent someone right out to check it. He was very professional and fixed it right away. We are very pleased with CHW. When you need them, they are there for you.

Original review: June 24, 2014

I have been w/ this company for a short period of time. However their service has been great!

Original review: June 24, 2014

I called on Thursday and a repairman was out the next day. He had to order a part for my Air Conditioner on Friday and completed the repair on Tuesday. I am very pleased with the service I received. It was prompt and the repairman was very professional. He made sure to ask if I had any question before he left.

Resolution response: July 2, 2014

AFTER 6 WEEKS WITHOUT A DRYER, $45 co-pay to have my dryer serviced, $45 co-pay to have the dryer electrical inspected, $180 at the laundromat, and intervention from the manager of vendor relations to intervene upon reviewing my unsatisfactory post on consumer affairs, my dryer was finally serviced with several new parts. The technician was extremely surprised to see that CHW did not replace the dryer as he had never seen a dryer with so many broken parts. It took him over two hours to repair the dryer because of all of the issues. The technician was very polite, prompt, professional, and helpful! I have absolutely no complaint with the technician or his company whatsoever. However, after 6 weeks of going to the laundromat at $30 a pop, plus the $90 total in co-pays, totaling $270, not to mention the mere inconvenience and waste of my time having to transport my laundry back and forth, I think I would have been much better off just purchasing a new dryer and not using CHW.

God only knows how much it must have cost for the many new parts and the initial one hour diagnosis and two hour repair for labor. I still do not feel that this was the smartest decision for Choice Home Warranty to have made. Any customer that has to be inconvenienced for this amount of time and has to spend almost $300 out of their own pocket for a dryer repair is not going to feel that they have any sort of home warranty. I pray that CHW doesn't ever have to handle an AC claim for me, especially in the summer... I can only imagine...

Original review: June 24, 2014

Report for broken dryer was made on a Wednesday. 1st availability for service call was for Monday. Several issues causing dryer not to function properly: door latch, thermostat, heater element, melted felt casing, wheel rubbing. The dryer is a cheap 2006 model. The service technician said it all could be fixed but the labor would exceed the cost of the dryer. He also brought to my attention that the wall outlet and electrical cord should be examined by an electrician, as he showed me where burning had occurred on the outlet prongs. He thoroughly checked all duct work, confirming that it was all clear and that this truly was a very broken dryer.

The claim was submitted and reviewed by CHW escalation department. This took another two weeks. I am now in WEEK FOUR without a dryer! I have called CHW over 10 times without any resolution to my dilemma! Customer service is short with me and promises to return my calls. I had been an extremely satisfied customer of CHW until this happened. In reading the reviews, I see two other dissatisfied customers pertaining to dryer issues. Perhaps CHW needs to revise their criteria for replacement dryers, as they have been very flexible and comprehensive with other issues. I am greatly concerned that this dryer is unsafe and is posing a fire hazard to my home based on the findings of the service repair technician.

I had been an extremely satisfied customer of CHW until this point. Unfortunately now, I am dissatisfied, angry, and frightened of the outcome for the safety of my home, IF the dryer issue is ever even fixed. I do have an electrician coming out tomorrow. Again, nothing else has been done to fix my broken dryer and it has been four weeks since the initial call! I think CHW thinks I'm just going to give up, but I am not! CHW, please replace my dryer or allocate funds to help off-set my cost, as I truly don't want my home to burn down as a result of a dryer that I have requested your assistance numerous times, on a recorded line, via email, and now on this public review, to please replace as there are too many issues with the dryer worth fixing and insuring the safety of my home.

Original review: June 23, 2014

My washer was not working properly and my oven was broken all at the same time, I was so stressed. Fortunately I had Choice care. They are replacing both my washer and oven. I am just waiting on the check. What a blessing. Thank you Choice care.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information