4.1/5 (10369 ratings)
$46.83 to $54.75
Availability
48 states (not CA or WA)
Labor guarantee
30 days (90 days for parts)
Service fee
$85
View Plan
Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty offers two protection plans and multiple add-on options to protect against unexpected home system or appliance repairs and replacements. Both plans cover household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except California and Washington, but it has partnered with a company to provide Choice Home Warranty-branded products in California.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service
    • No home inspection

Cons

• $500 roof repair cap
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 50k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: July 10, 2015

We paid $45 to have a guy look at our AC. The warranty wouldn't cover it because they felt it was pre-existing -- a hole in the AC unit. Not sure how that can be pre-existing! Excuses to take your money and not cover you. Then we cancelled and they refuse to prorate our monthly payment we just paid even though their booklet said you get a prorated refund if cancelled after 30 days. They cover nothing!! Waste of money and time! You are on hold for a long time too. Awful, awful company!!!

Original review: July 10, 2015

The online system was easy to use and I received an email confirmation immediately. I received the name of the service provider within an hour of submitting my request. The service provider answered immediately upon the start of business hours and was able to come that morning. The provider was friendly and knowledgeable and completed the repair promptly. I had to make a call to Choice because the service provider had not received the service request the first time that I called. The representative at Choice immediately called the service provider and made sure that he had the information. I was completely satisfied with my experience.

Original review: July 10, 2015

Service was right on next day. Very satisfied.

Original review: July 10, 2015

Ceiling fans were installed wonderfully and work excellent.

Original review: July 9, 2015

Drum Co. representative was at my home within 3 hours of my call to CHW. Very professional service!

Original review: July 9, 2015

Mr. ** was excellent, he was very informative in explaining what was wrong with my air condition and took care of the problem.

Original review: July 9, 2015

I had a competing home warranty company for 6 years, and CHW offered to beat them on pricing by a considerable amount. Made the switch and now regret it as they denied an A/C claim due to "non-maintenance" of the unit. The old warranty company always serviced and never denied a single claim in 6 years. Stay away from this fraud of a company.

Original review: July 9, 2015

My husband and I purchased a home warranty two years ago with them. In the two years we have had them come out twice for repairs. The total repair cost for the two times equaled 1000, this was told to me by customer service themselves. We spend over 50 a month for our home warranty. This morning a technician came to our home to repair our Kenmore front loading dryer (the kind that sets on the pedestal drawer) and told us that they could not repair it, to call the warranty company to let them know. We were told by the warranty company they would only provide 300 because they found a dryer for 299. I had them send me the link showing the dryer. The dryer was a small, older standard dryer that would not fit our family. I also have to wait for 30 days in order to get the money. I am very dissatisfied that I pay a fee every month and now have to spend money on a dryer. That is not why I purchased a home warranty.

Original review: July 9, 2015

A/C not cooling. Excellent service provided (next day service)!

Original review: July 9, 2015

My washer machine stop working. I call CHW and they send a technician immediately, he fixed the problem. I am very happy. Thank you CHW.

Original review: July 9, 2015

Garage door opener - Technician was prompt and well prepared. Excellent work.

Original review: July 9, 2015

A/C repair - The process was fast and easy from call in to work completion with contractor.

Original review: July 9, 2015

I am extremely satisfied with the service provided by Choice Home Warranty. A lot of comments I read about home warranty companies made me very fearful of being scammed. I was hesitant to sign up for a service like this where there are so many claims of failure to deliver services. So I did my research. With the high ratings that Choice Home Warranty received it made my top 3 list.

When I spoke to them to discuss my interest their agent was very informative but not pushy. All my questions were clearly answered, not with vague references but with specific details. After reading through the terms and conditions and finding nothing alarming, and because of the great pricing, I signed up for 3 years.
    To date I have had one claim and it has been problematic but it is not their fault. Manufacturers practicing "just-in-time" production schedules actually wait until certain parts are ordered before they even build them. So my repair, which required an entire new motherboard controller, is taking some time. But it's only because of manufacturer delays. CHW has been great and so has the service company they assigned, Major Appliance Repair, on Bell Road in Phoenix, AZ.

I plan on renewing for as long as I own my home.

Original review: July 9, 2015

Technician was very knowledgeable, prompt, courteous and most important on time.

Original review: July 9, 2015

The gentleman checked my AC unit, cleaned it out. Also washed the filter and suggested in a month to replace the current one.

Original review: July 9, 2015

Choice was easy to work with and Big D Service came out and quickly diagnosed and remedied the issue.

Original review: July 9, 2015

Have AC down, and Choice provide the contractor contact early next day. And the contractor fixed it on the same day. Good service.

Original review: July 9, 2015

My air conditioning unit stopped working about a month ago. It was extremely hot and humid and incidentally, I was terribly ill with an. I called the heat and air business with Choice. Within approximately three to four hours, the heat and air employee arrived and replaced the capacitor within ten minutes. My air conditioner is working as good as new and keeps me nice and cool. Thank you for your promptness and excellent work.

Original review: July 9, 2015

I have been with Choice for three years and I've received nothing but the best service from the people at Choice. My suggestion for improvement is for Choice to be more selective in the choice of contractors. For the most part they are OK, however, once in a while you run into one who leaves a lot to be desired. I also have a contract on another property and I will be renewing both very soon.

Original review: July 8, 2015

Called for plumbing issue. Plumbing company showed when they said they would and were knowledgeable and friendly and fixed issue in timely manner.

Original review: July 8, 2015

These people make up reasons to not pay for a claim. They send out companies that try to mark up repairs and report false problems. I called them for an AC unit that was not working. They sent LOCKE AC repair on APR 22 2015. The company said I had a loose wire on the condenser outside and he checked the 401a and added less than a pound. In and out 20 minutes. AC goes out again 22 June, they send out American AC. This time he tested and said he found a leak in the evaporator coil in the attic. I should call CHOICE to see when they will allow the evaporator coil to be ordered.

I called the next day and CHOICE said they have not heard from American. American came out 26 Jun 2015 to at least put in some 401a so we have AC for the weekend. This is Texas Summer heat. When this American Tech came out he said the evaporator coil was leaking and the condenser coil and he put nothing in the system. I called CHOICE and they no denied paying the claim calling it a pre-existing leak.

This said I called my company AC Doctors out and they showed a catastrophic failure to the condenser coil and after a 4-hour pressure test showed no leak on the evaporator whatsoever. I saw where the leak caused a large oil spill on the cement that could be notice in low light or with a flashlight. They replaced the evaporator coil (under warranty no cost for coil) and charged me for a refill of 401A and repair cost.

I called CHOICE again explained that their technician in April saw no leak, their technician in June tried to repair the wrong coil and both reported replacing 6 pounds 401A each without seeing any leak on the condenser (the leak was above the fill spout on the coil). This proves that no pre-existing leak existed and their techs ripped them off and tried again with replacing both coils. I was actually saving them money! They said send the repair receipts and they will look.

First email they denied getting so I resent. Second they denied so I resent. It was the third time they acknowledged receiving. I sent all documents and a picture of the leak. They still called it pre-existing and denied it. I spoke with the manager, twice, same thing. But he was quick to help me cancel my membership. Stay far away from this rip off company.

Original review: July 8, 2015

Pleased with service providers and response time getting to our home. Very competent. Waiting to approve a cooling boost.

Original review: July 8, 2015

We had prompt and courteous service. We had 2 of our burner switches replaced. It works wonderful now. I think we need the other 2 replaced as well but that will be another time. The service was efficient and quick. We would highly recommend Choice for home warranty.

Original review: July 8, 2015

My AC was completely down. Choice Home Warranty reply less than 2 min. after I call on the 5th of July, a holiday weekend. A technician from SP Mechanical Services reply the same day and my AC system was back in service in less than 12 hours. Thanks C.H.W. & Steve from SP Mechanical Services.

Original review: July 8, 2015

I put in a claim on Saturday the 4th of July and the garbage disposal was replaced by Tuesday. Good response time and Ajax plumbing people were very professional and very clean.

Original review: July 8, 2015

My A/C was making a loud noise. It was still blowing cold air, but I was concerned. I called Choice and they agreed to send someone out to look at it. The technician came the next morning and as soon as he heard it he knew the problem. Bad bearings in the motor. He replaced the motor for the $45 service charge, probably saving me several hundred dollars. I was happy it was fixed as I am going out of town and my dogs will be in the house alone, and now cool for sure. Thanks Choice for being prompt and having good techs.

Original review: July 8, 2015

When I called the customer service line the rep was very helpful in my response to my needs. My garbage disposal was leaking and there was a leaky valve in the area of the dishwasher. Two work orders were submitted. At that time I asked the rep "If the one company could do the required work on both items would there only be one service fee?" and she responded that if that could be done only one service fee would be required. The company that was dispatched for the disposal contacted me and set up a time when they could come out work orders. Found that the dishwasher problem was just a valve problem so they received approval to repair but a new order was done and wanted to charge me for 2 service tickets. After several minutes to Choice the second service fee was waived. I was very pleased.

Original review: July 8, 2015

The only inconvenience, the technician showed up the wrong day. I had to leave work but it was an honest mistake. The problem was fix the same day. The technician was professional, courteous and patient. (I was a little frustrated).

Original review: July 8, 2015

Great response from customer service. Got technician on time and quick resolution. Glad I bought this plan for our home!

Original review: July 8, 2015

We worked hard with Choice on a replacement cost. But it Takes too long to get a check back to get new Microwave.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information