4.0/5 (11114 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty offers two protection plans and multiple add-on options to protect against unexpected home system or appliance repairs and replacements. Both plans cover household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except California and Washington, but it has partnered with a company to provide Choice Home Warranty-branded products in California.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service
    • No home inspection

Cons

• $500 roof repair cap
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: July 11, 2014

I have a rental property and the AC unit upstairs was not cooling and a Choice Home Warranty got it up and running through one of their contractors and everyone is happy (it is warm in TX)! Thanks Choice Home Warranty.

Original review: July 10, 2014

I like Choice Warranty for the reasons that when you file a claim, they attend to the problem IMMEDIATELY. You do not have to wait forever. And they are all very courteous and helpful. I recommend Choice to my friends and families. Here in an example on one of my claims. We noticed that there was a A LEAK; LOOSE GASKET ON THE MOTOR TO THE FILTER. I called Choice and immediately sent a pool technician from Pinnacle Pool Spa was assigned. He came and he checked the problem, fixed the problem and hurray, the work was done. I did not have to wait long. In less than two days, the leak was fixed.

Original review: July 10, 2014

I am very happy I called Choice Home Warranty. Very fast respond. Thank you.

Original review: July 10, 2014

I had three different issues. The repairmen were prompt. Very pleasant and extremely helpful!!

Original review: July 10, 2014

A/C repair - The service was fast, courteous and professional.

Original review: July 10, 2014

This was my first time using the warranty. My outside air conditioning unit quit working. The repairman was at my residence the next day for repairs. The response was quick and the repairman was excellent. I might add that Robinson's was the company that responded for the repairs. I was very satisfied with everything and I have no complaints.

Original review: July 10, 2014

After my tenant called me about the garage door opener problem, I called Choice and they sent me an email with the number of the company right away. I gave it to my tenant and they made an appointment to have it fixed in no time. Choice followed up with another email to see that everything had been taken care of. Choice is just amazing beyond your expectation.

Original review: July 9, 2014

When I see Angie's List and others advertised, I know I have a better deal! Not only do I get immediate expert service from a qualified technician, but the service call only costs $45. You can't beat it

Original review: July 9, 2014

Robert did a wonderful job. My refrigerator is working. He is extremely accommodating and very neat. He came on time.

Original review: July 9, 2014

Called CHW late on Sunday evening after finding lots of standing water under the kitchen sink. CHW took my info and assigned a local plumbing company. The plumber called on Monday and scheduled a repair for Tuesday, Tuesday was fine since this wasn't an emergency, just an undetermined leak somewhere. The repair was on time, found the issue to be the disposal unit, had one on the truck and within 45 minutes all was back to normal. CHW honored their agreement and the only charge was the basic service fee. I couldn't be happier in which the matter was handled by CHW. Will I renew when the time comes? YOU BET I WILL!

Original review: July 9, 2014

I have had two claims within the last month. Not only did Choice Home Warranty make it easy to file those claims, they matched me with outstanding service personel.

Original review: July 9, 2014

The initial call was made on July 4th so I did not expect to hear from the technician until after the holiday weekend was over. I left a voice mail message on Sunday and received a return phone call the first thing Monday morning. I was pleasantly surprised that he was able to schedule an appointment within 2 hours and arrived promptly, taking care of the issue in less than 30 minutes. I appreciate this because it didn't tie up my husband's day waiting.

Original review: July 9, 2014

Received a call from the contractor on Friday... scheduled an appointment for Sunday morning... Washing machine was fixed... Thank you for the services provided!

Original review: July 9, 2014

As a new customer of Choice, I was anxious to see how my claim for an appliance needing repair would be handled. They took the information and promptly assigned a vendor. The vendor was excellent and prompt with the appointment. A part had to be ordered and the vendor informed me when it could be expected and installed. Very pleased with this experience.

Original review: July 9, 2014

I called on the weekend and had a tech out that Tues to diagnose and fix my dryer in less than 20 mins. I'd recommend the crew to others and Choice Warranty. They also showed up on time which is really good these days with any company.

Original review: July 9, 2014

Service provider came, conducted survey of pool issues, explained what was wrong/corrected it. Came in a timely manner. Some of the work needed on pool was not covered, according to service provider.

Original review: July 9, 2014

My dishwasher died. Called for service. Was pleasantly surprised at the help, attitude, and speed of service by the personnel answering my problems. There was not a problem in dealing with this. It was solved quickly and without problems.

Original review: July 9, 2014

My 15 year old microwave stopped working. I placed the claim online and someone was here within a couple of days. I was told that parts were no longer available and a check would be sent. New microwave. Happy customer.

Original review: July 9, 2014

The call center was quick and courteous. Took 4 days to fix the pool pump. But that was over a holiday weekend.

Original review: July 8, 2014

My ice maker was not working properly. A very polite technician came out to fix it and determined that I needed a new ice maker. Company ordered the part and within three days I had a new ice maker. I had a very pleasurable experience with Choice Home Warranty Service.

Original review: July 8, 2014

Choice home warranty is classic bait and switch. Aggressive sales guys will tell you all sorts of fairy tales to lure you in but when it's actually time to use the warranty you will find that there is some sort of contract that excludes almost all of the common problems that could possibly occur, or they will somehow tie whatever problem you have to items not covered. The contract is not something you will be shown until after you have paid. Don't fall for all the nice colored check boxes. The devil is in the details!!!

Original review: July 8, 2014

This company's salespeople took turns calling me on my cell, on my home phone and kept sending me emails for almost 3 months, finally I transferred all of my home warranty policies for my 4 houses to them couple of months ago. Today was my first time to call them. It's a 3-year new wash machine in my own house. The service guy came and said it was not caused by normal use, not covered by warranty. But my previous home warranty company had fixed it once for me about a year ago, for the exactly same problem: buttons blinking, washer wouldn't start. I had to call their service line, and was told they don't cover it.

This is a very bad experience for me. I transferred to them because of their promises, and because they are a little cheaper than my previous insurance company. Apparently all of their efforts are directed towards sales rather than service. All they want to do is to collect your money and find excuses not to help you. Their cold calls should be an alert to me at the first place, because obviously "word of mouth" did not work in their case

Original review: July 8, 2014

I requested service because my air conditioner was working but not cooling. I did have yearly maintenance done a month ago but I was not impressed with their technicians. When I called Choice on Mon. June 30th they sent me a phone no. for a company and I called right away. That company said they would have someone arrive by 5:00 pm. No one came Mon, Tues. I called again on Wed. and was told someone would be there by 8pm. Thursday I still didn't have a technician (which was no Choice's fault). I called Choice back and they immediately referred me to another company. I spoke with them and the owner came out on Saturday, added 2 lbs. of freon and was done in 20 minutes. I was very pleased and would recommend J & L Service Co. to everyone.

Original review: July 8, 2014

Not a good Company! I have a Viking oven that cost 4,000 dollars. They couldn't find a Repairman to work on it so they offered me a 500.00 dollar buyout, which it should have been the maximum buyout they offer of 1,500 dollars. They then told me they already mailed out the 500.00 dollar buyout ... and it's been over 2 weeks and have received nothing. They then told me that they canceled my policy and I would not be getting a buyout from them ... Stay far away from this company as they are crooks!

Original review: July 7, 2014

I filed a claim and within a couple of days it was resolved. Even though the team who came to fix did not have parts, they ordered it and got it fixed the same day. Very satisfied with their service.

Original review: July 6, 2014

The water was leaking very bad. Your first contractor was unprofessional and claimed the problem is not covered. After calling your office again, the second contractor was extremely helpful and fixed the problem in a very professional manner. I was concerned about your service but sending the second contractor changed my mind for the best.

Original review: July 6, 2014

I Called in for Judy ** at app 10:30 on Wed Morning July 2. She cancer and I told the rep that. Van from Advantage Air arrived at 4:50 that afternoon and quickly diagnosed the problem and even found a problem that your last tech had created. They had the condenser fan motor running backward. One complaint that I have is that I had another policy sold for you to Mrs. H.J. ** of Longview and your rep was very rude and high pressure to an 84 year old woman and he probably negated a lot of work that I had done for your company, but Advantage Air and their service was great.

Original review: July 6, 2014

I requested service for a dryer problem. Service was assigned and my dryer was repaired.

Original review: July 6, 2014

Choice Home Warranty is no good I had it all this year but I put about three different claims in the last three months 1. for the water valves 2. for the water heater 3. for ac broke. They fix none of this. They charge service fee just to tell me I'm not cover plus the amount I paid yearly. So this warranty is just a piece of **. Don't ever buy this warranty, you just wasting the money.

Original review: July 5, 2014

Service man came on time. Was very friendly & courteous.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information