4.1/5 (10682 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty offers two protection plans and multiple add-on options to protect against unexpected home system or appliance repairs and replacements. Both plans cover household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except California and Washington, but it has partnered with a company to provide Choice Home Warranty-branded products in California.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service
    • No home inspection

Cons

• $500 roof repair cap
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: March 14, 2015

Repairman out next day checked on trouble, had to order a part which takes a couple days, which is rather long in a city like St. Louis, Mo., which is 10 miles away from Arnold, MO. Now we have to wait approx. 5 days to fix problem. This should be improved...

Original review: March 14, 2015

The repairman showed up when they said they would be here. It took him a short while to determine the problem and he had the repair part in his truck. He cleaned up the dryer and the debris that was left from opening the dryer and did it all in a very professional and business like manner. He was informative and did excellent work. The warranty paid for 1/10th of its value in the very first year. I will renew next year.

Original review: March 14, 2015

The person fixing the dryer was very professional. He did diagnosis the problem immediately. He did leave to get the part, but did not return the same day or my calls. He did say he would be back the same day. Otherwise, he did a great job, was very friendly, and very clean! The order was called in on the weekend and it was difficult to find someone to come and service. All of your people that could do anything were not working till Monday.

Original review: March 14, 2015

My service person was very professional and did a fabulous job!!

Original review: March 14, 2015

Called with problem. Received call from plumber promptly who showed up right on schedule and fixed problem promptly. Was both very efficient and very courteous.

Original review: March 13, 2015

I was having issues with my air conditioner. It is that time of year that we turn them back on and sure enough, they were acting up. I figured it would be a while to get someone out. Usually is when I call an air conditioning company. Sometimes it takes days. From the time I called Choice, to the time that Empire Mechanical came out, it was under an hour. Phenomenal service. Everything was up and fixed and running smooth in no time. Start to finish everything was painless.

Original review: March 13, 2015

The contractor was very nice at explaining problem.

Original review: March 13, 2015

My washer quit working properly and I called Choice right away. An appliance repair company contacted me within an hour to set up a time for them to arrive at my home. They were there the next day and found they had to order a couple parts to fix the machine. A few days later my washer was up and running. It went very smooth and I am extremely happy with the service I received. I highly recommend Choice Home Warranty!

Original review: March 13, 2015

Choice Home Warranty was very prompt with expediting my claim and sent out a really genuine team. Thank you!

Original review: March 13, 2015

Washing machine needed to have 2 boards replaced. Repair would have been too costly so was provided a reasonable amount to use toward a new machine.

Original review: March 13, 2015

I called CHW and they sent out a real professional! Although he had to order the part, my dryer was fixed in 3 days. I used another home warranty service, but was very dissatisfied with their customer service and repair technicians that they subcontracted with.

Original review: March 13, 2015

Fast and great they were at their job.

Original review: March 13, 2015

The repair was done on time by a very professional plumber, he determined what the problem was and very quickly replaced the defective part.

Original review: March 12, 2015

Company arrived and immediately went to work. They snaked out the bathtub and sink. Took a while as it was clogged. They kept the area clean and tested before leaving.

Original review: March 12, 2015

After some delays from HQ, ** came out to fix my dryer. He did the belt, and then after retesting realized the bearings were bad, too. He ordered the parts and two days later returned when he said he would and installed. He was terrific. The snafus with HQ were less than excellent.

Original review: March 12, 2015

I had used my own contractors and I'm waiting for reimbursement on two claims. CHW has been helpful thus far.

Original review: March 12, 2015

My washer shut down on an already crazy morning. I submitted a request for repair and a tech was out that day! I was unaware that I was actually dealing with a plumbing issue and when Choice was notified of that, they had a plumbing company out the very next day. The plumbing company's service was top notch!

Original review: March 12, 2015

We have had a great experience with Choice Home warranty. They are prompt and easy to deal with. Choose Choice when you decide on a Home Warranty company. They are great!

Original review: March 12, 2015

This was my first service call with Choice Home Warranty. I called to have a claim placed for the repair of a Whirlpool Dryer and was impressed with the timely and efficient protocol of their follow-up to the request as well as the courtesy and professionalism of the Technician sent by the Appliance Company. Thus far, I am very pleased with their response and would highly recommend Choice Home Warranty to my friends and neighbors.

Original review: March 12, 2015

We had no heat for 3 days during the coldest weather of the year. I called to report that we had no heat. I waited and asked for the names they had contacted, but was told they couldn't provide that info. Finally, we contacted a company they found. The guys from Complete Efficiency Air were wonderful, clean, polite and knowledgeable. They found a breaker inside the unit we never knew was there. Heat came back on, but quit again after about an hour. I called, and they immediately returned, only to discover the last repairman had by-passed the heat in the unit outside which ruined the computer board. When the new board arrived, they pleasantly returned and installed the board. This recommendation is lengthy, but it doesn't begin to describe our relief that we have Choice Home Warranty. I'll gladly recommend this company to anyone!

Original review: March 12, 2015

Choice Warranty quickly lined up a service technician to repair our heat pump that quit working in the middle of a snow storm. Had it up and running fast. Choice covered the required part and the labor and saved me $600!

Professional and accurate.

Original review: March 12, 2015

I was satisfied with the service, the only thing that was a major inconvenience was that the service man was late. I understand that it was out of his control; yet it made my day difficult.

Original review: March 12, 2015

The service was very friendly and fast.

Replaced the pool pump.

Original review: March 11, 2015

The process was handled easy and quickly, plus the customer service rep was very professional...I liked that! Service was in a few days...not bad! Keep up the good work guys!!

Original review: March 11, 2015

I have to admit when I signed up for Choice Home Warranty it was with a bit of trepidation.... You hear so many stories about how most of these companies are not reliable! Just this week I had an issue with my washer. Reported my washer problem to them and they immediately assigned a tech to service my washer. The tech came out, diagnosed the problem, and reported back to Choice Home Warranty.

On my way back to work from the tech checking out my washer (time frame of about 20 minutes) I received a call from Choice Home Warranty about the status of my claim. The repairs to my 10 year old washer were going to be more than the value of the machine so they told me they would be sending me a check for $300.00 toward a new washer. I made the customer service rep repeat what he said to make sure I heard him correctly!! Needless to say I am VERY HAPPY I purchased a warranty from Choice Home Warranty!

Original review: March 11, 2015

Service persons were very nice and worked until they got the problem solved.

Original review: March 11, 2015

My wife and I had an issue with our dishwasher and Choice Warranty responded within a couple of hours. We were able to schedule a service technician, and they were out to look at the machine within 2 days! Although it was declared a loss by Choice Warranty, they gave us fair replacement value.

Original review: March 11, 2015

Choice has been a blessing to me. Every time I have a problem they are prompt, professional, knowledgeable and very kind. I'm glad I found you!

Choice Home Warranty Company Information