4.0/5 (11905 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty offers two protection plans and multiple add-on options to protect against unexpected home system or appliance repairs and replacements. Both plans cover household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except California and Washington, but it has partnered with a company to provide Choice Home Warranty-branded products in California.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service
    • No home inspection

Cons

• $500 roof repair cap
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2013

I returned to our apartment and when we tried to dry the laundry our dryer was tumbling but not drying. I called Choice Home Warranty and followed the instructions, leave name, phone number and problem and someone will contact you. I thought "here we go"... but within one hour I received a return call and a licensed dryer service company was identified. This company set up a service appointment that same week. It was determined that the motor needed to be replaced; Choice Home Warranty needed to approve the repair and did so within five days. The motor was ordered and installed one week later. I paid the co-payment amount that I was told when I signed my contract with Choice Home Warranty, not a penny more for this replacement of the motor... I am satisfied and have two contracts with Choice for both my homes and will renew when the first year is up.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2013

I had returned from out of town only to find my A/C out. I called Friday evening but was not able to get a technician out until the next day on Saturday. I was to pay upfront for all charges with being told I may file for reimbursement up to $100. I paid out of pocket $247 and to date have not received any reimbursement. The representative was helpful at the time of my call and the repair company was very good.

Choice Home Warranty response
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. A Quality Control Specialist will be in contact with you shortly to discuss this matter.

Best regards,

CHW

Original review: Oct. 10, 2013

Had another home warranty company prior to this one - they had sent a repairman (after 3 days) to do a repair that took him 2 visits to complete. Of course the AC broke again within 2 months. By then we had Choice and the repair was completed perfectly in 2 days. No trouble since!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2013

It was just something I needed. I went online and found Choice Home Warranty and so far, they’re doing good. Even though sometimes I had some little frustrations; that is part of the business. The claims reps were good. The sales representative was really good but the people that they had working, some of them are not great. So far, I am happy with Choice. Right now, I’m moving to a different house. I want to do it sometime this week or next week or maybe next month. I’m going to transfer my warranty. I had a good experience with them, but the people they get working for them, the contractors, they have to really look into them first.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2013

I received an email from Choice one day and I noticed it said home warranty and it just caught my eye. And I started reading it and it kind of interested me and I said, “Okay. We’ll go from there.” I went ahead and chose to take it up. I have submitted a claim. I analyzed the problem at home. I called in one morning, about 9:30 maybe, and told them I was having some electrical issues and I needed to get somebody to come out. And they told me, “Sure.” And they went ahead and did a claim on it, gave me the name of the company that was going to be coming and his name and phone number, and I had called him. And he told me that he might not make it that day but he would do his best. Anyway, he showed up about four or five hours later and he was very professional. He took care of the problem. And I haven’t had any issues there. That’s very outstanding. The claims representative was very courteous and very professional. I am happy with them. As a matter of fact, I have recommended them to other people. Outstanding!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2013

The reviews online, the price, and how fast they call you back on a quote were some of the reasons I chose Choice Home Warranty. With a claim, it was next day turnaround. They usually email you within an hour of who they’ve chosen to come out to the house. And fixed it at the right time the first time. They were very efficient and it is the way it should be.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2013

We had Choice Home Warranty when we bought the home. I think we just renewed after that initial one was up. The experience when submitting a claim has all been pretty good. I called the call center and got in touch with the technician pretty quickly. I’m happy. It’s been a helpful tool. It’s always been easy to use. The only thing I might say, I talked to them about possibly renewing my plan. I was getting close to the end of the term and they said, “Okay, we’ll have somebody in sales call you.” And this guy called me and started giving me prices and he was just extremely pushy, like would not let me get off the phone, would not let me tell him no, would not let me say, “I’ll call you back,” and ended up just having to hang up on him. So I’m not going to be renewing with them. We’re probably selling the house soon anyway, so not much of an issue. But he was a very annoying salesman. But everyone I’ve ever called into when the air conditioner dies or whatever, they’ve always been fine.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

Excellent service and response time. Nick was courteous and did an excellent job.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

I have been a realtor for 16 years in Tucson, AZ and have had experience with many home warranty companies over the years. I personally have Choice Home Warranty for my own home and have not been disappointed. I used them several times for air conditioning issues and the company that was assigned to me was professional and they came out the same day that I went on the home warranty website to enter a claim. They resolved the problem.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

We purchased Choice Home Warranty because my parents suggested it. They kept after me for about two years. Finally, I saw an advertisement on the internet and thought to check it out. The services and price sounded like an excellent value. Six weeks after we purchased the warranty, my washing machine decided not to spin. I called Choice Home Warranty and they had a repairman here within 48 hours. The guy fixed it and all we paid was the $45.00 service fee. The same evening when I came home and did a load of laundry, it did not spin.

I called back and the guy returned, did not charge an additional $45.00 and replaced something else. My washer works perfectly. What happened is that the repairman ran the machine empty and a sensor failed when the clothes were in the machine. I am thrilled with Choice Home Warranty. They are very helpful and provide services within a timely manner. I suggested to my adult kids and neighbors to purchase this service.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

Easy to deal with, great price, quick to resolve problems.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

Couldn't be more pleased with the courteousness, the prompt response and the resolution of my problem.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

Thank you, my fans were fixed. Thanks for sending me a check fast. A great company.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

My experience with the customer service was quick, professional and very helpful. I called for assistance about two weeks before I had to call back again, because something else went out on the air conditioner unit that was working completely fine when they finished the first time. I called again and the lady in customer service was so kind and polite to me as though it was not a problem at all, for them to send someone back out. She made sure someone would be out as soon as possible. My air conditioner unit was fixed in much less than 24 hours. The servicer was polite, professional and very informative. I will always recommend Choice Home Warranty to my friends and relatives. They operate in the spirit of EXCELLENCE. Thanks, CHW. You are the BEST!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

I switched over to Choice Home Warranty and am so pleased and glad I did. All I had to pay is the copay which is way lower than the other company. And didn't have to pay no more money. It covered what need to be fixed without a problem. I am so happy with their service and prices. I didn't have to do the work for them and keep calling them asking them when and who will be coming by. Good job Choice Home Warranty.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

I had a leak in a water pipe and Choice Warranty found a plumber in my area and they came out the same day. Actually within hours of my call. I was so happy. I know same day is not the normal turn around, but they made it happen. Thanks so much.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

My compressor stopped. I called Choice Home Warranty, and almost immediately I received a call from the technician who told me he would be here in 15 minutes. I was amazed. He arrived on time, and proceeded to check out my unit. He replaced a condenser, and it’s working like a charm. The politeness and efficiency is excellent. I would recommend this company in a minute.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

I called the 800 number. An appointment was set up. The repair was made. All to my convenience. All within 72 hours.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

I joined your service and about a month later, my AC stopped working. They were out here by the end of the day. It was working again within 15 minutes - The next month my Garbage disposal stopped working. They were out about noon the day they got the call. Replaced it and it is working fine. Next the drain stopped up. Again they were here by three pm, went on the roof and cleaned the line and I was back in business. Next my commode kept running. They were out the same day, replaced a part and it is working fine. VERY SATISFIED WITH YOUR SERVICE.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

I could not be happier with Choice Home Warranty. I changed from another home warranty company to Choice, and have had excellent service. The contractors I have had to my home are very professional and prompt, not to mention having genuine concern for my problem. My a/c went out, in the heat of the summer, at 5:30 on a Friday and the technician stayed until 11 pm to make sure I had air! That is above and beyond excellent service. I highly recommend Choice Home Warranty.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

We recently had our refrigerator go out on us. We had only had our Choice Home Warranty a short time. This is the first claim I have had to file. I made the call, the agent that answered got right on it. I gave them all the details and they went right to work getting the repair man lined up to get it fixed. The repair man called me to set up a time and day and everything just fell into place. The repair was made in a very timely and professional manner. All it cost me was my deductible. I am extremely satisfied with Choice Home Warranty and have recommended them to my friends.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

I really feel like I now have an angel looking over me since joining Choice Home Warranty. When my gas pipes around my furnace started leaking, I called the gas company to have them locate the leak. Then I immediately called Choice Home Warranty and they responded within the hour. My refrigerator began leaking and again, within the hour, it was repaired. so I know I'm protected whenever something goes wrong.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

They come through every time I need them & it's the lowest deductible I've come across.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

They told me who to call. They had emails, or whatever, to text somebody that I needed service on an air conditioner. Nobody contacted me from that first provider. We will call it the technical support. I called them up and they told me, “One of our trucks is down. We won’t be able to service you.”

I go, “Wouldn’t you tell Choice Warranty when they call in for a service, ‘We’re down’?” I mean, if you can’t come to service me, a person who’s bought enough plan for the next three years... so that they would have immediately put me on to another. They had all my contact numbers. They would have been able to call me and tell me that, “We’re getting another provider for you because this guy’s out.” I had to find that out. So I had called Choice Warranty. I said, “Give me another tech support on this air conditioning.” Because they didn’t know the person they sent me, who was originally supposed to service me, was down for the count. So then there was the next person, that guy who showed up at the residence to work on the air conditioner. I stayed with the guy. He worked outside on an air conditioning unit which needed a motor repaired, a condenser replaced, and then something that was not covered by the insurance, which would be a breaker box. It was like a two-hour thing. And I was pretty pleased. We got things back. But they had an extra day of no air conditioning because of the miscommunication of the first tech person.

I’m 100% paid upfront. I paid up for three years plus. Choice Warranty didn’t mention it’s my first call. The tech company, either one or two didn’t mention that, “You won’t have to be paying us because it’s free.” And I, of course, wrote a check for the air conditioning repair that wasn’t covered plus the $45 service call which they want before they open up the air conditioner, before they walk on the property basically. I’d give them a 4. The cost of the plan was good. The service call is good because I’m familiar with it and what they’re offering here. There needs to be some fine tuning on that. As soon as they make contact with a person in that city where the service is going to be, that person has got to know, “We can do it.”

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

The experience when submitting a claim was very good. The claims rep was good. Everything went smoothly. Everything went just fine. I called them and they had somebody call me. The electrician called me and the job was done. I’m happy I chose them. They’re very dependable.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

The reason we chose Choice Home Warranty over another provider was because we had another one for years and they canceled it. I called Choice and they offered me better coverage for a better price. So we went with them. We have submitted one claim. We came home one day and the air conditioner wasn’t working. It was late afternoon when I came home. We called Choice and somebody came out that evening. He could not fix it because he had to order a part but he came back the next day, midday. He climbed up in the attic in Louisiana in the middle of summer. He was really nice to come back because I have me and two dogs and there was no way to get us out of the house. Everything with the claims rep went smoothly. Overall, the experience is great.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2013

Did not have an issue with CHW, but not thrilled with plumber that was sent. First one was 5 hrs late & advised new water heater was needed. 2nd plumber advised water heater merely needed new thermocouple. Very frustrated...especially with 3 days of no hot water!!

Choice Home Warranty response

Kristen,

The details of your situation are not representative of the normal CHW customer experience. Please accept our apology for any trouble or inconvenience this has caused. We appreciate the feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve our service and providers.

We will contact the Service Provider in regards to your feedback and look into this matter in more detail.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Sincerely,

CHW

Original review: Oct. 8, 2013

When I called Choice Home Warranty to request a service call for my leaking toilet, I thought it was the seal at the bottom of the toilet. I was immediately referred to a Plumbing Company and my scheduled appointment was for the very next day. I was told the time would be between 12 pm and 2 pm which was fine with me. At 1 PM, the technician arrived and examined the problem which turned out to be 2 rusted screws in the tank. He immediately got authorization to repair the problem which he did efficiently and cleanly. The previous company that I was with for 20 years never gave me the equivalent service at a much higher rate. Thank you Choice Home Warranty.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2013

Choice Home Warranty was great in dispatching a repairman. The repairman was very professional and very knowledgeable about the problem. He has us back up and going within forty five minutes.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2013

I had coverage from another company prior to CHW, but switched to CHW due to what appeared to be better value/low price for coverage. Filed first claim for failed HVAC t-stat during heating season, which was covered no problem. Filed second claim a few months later because A/C not working. CHW dispatched contractor inspected and told me unit needs to be replaced and he would advise CHW. CHW contacted me a few days later and said problem was pre-existing condition and not covered.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information