4.0/5 (11543 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty offers two protection plans and multiple add-on options to protect against unexpected home system or appliance repairs and replacements. Both plans cover household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except California and Washington, but it has partnered with a company to provide Choice Home Warranty-branded products in California.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service
    • No home inspection

Cons

• $500 roof repair cap
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: June 25, 2014

I am presently deployed and have been home only a month since March of 2013. So like most men especially military men, we hate not having control. My brother contacted me to let me know my A/C was inoperable. The peace of mind it gave me to say no problem, just call Choice Home Warranty and not have to worry about a ridiculous repair bill was invaluable. Within a day it was fixed and the $45 service charge didn't break the bank. This has to be one of the best forward thinking decisions I have ever made. I wish they did auto coverage!!

Original review: June 24, 2014

The tech showed up on time and was very knowledgeable. He was clean and did his job quickly. I was very happy with the service.

Original review: June 24, 2014

We called CHW when our A/C was leaking. They sent someone right out to check it. He was very professional and fixed it right away. We are very pleased with CHW. When you need them, they are there for you.

Original review: June 24, 2014

I have been w/ this company for a short period of time. However their service has been great!

Original review: June 24, 2014

I called on Thursday and a repairman was out the next day. He had to order a part for my Air Conditioner on Friday and completed the repair on Tuesday. I am very pleased with the service I received. It was prompt and the repairman was very professional. He made sure to ask if I had any question before he left.

Resolution response: July 2, 2014

AFTER 6 WEEKS WITHOUT A DRYER, $45 co-pay to have my dryer serviced, $45 co-pay to have the dryer electrical inspected, $180 at the laundromat, and intervention from the manager of vendor relations to intervene upon reviewing my unsatisfactory post on consumer affairs, my dryer was finally serviced with several new parts. The technician was extremely surprised to see that CHW did not replace the dryer as he had never seen a dryer with so many broken parts. It took him over two hours to repair the dryer because of all of the issues. The technician was very polite, prompt, professional, and helpful! I have absolutely no complaint with the technician or his company whatsoever. However, after 6 weeks of going to the laundromat at $30 a pop, plus the $90 total in co-pays, totaling $270, not to mention the mere inconvenience and waste of my time having to transport my laundry back and forth, I think I would have been much better off just purchasing a new dryer and not using CHW.

God only knows how much it must have cost for the many new parts and the initial one hour diagnosis and two hour repair for labor. I still do not feel that this was the smartest decision for Choice Home Warranty to have made. Any customer that has to be inconvenienced for this amount of time and has to spend almost $300 out of their own pocket for a dryer repair is not going to feel that they have any sort of home warranty. I pray that CHW doesn't ever have to handle an AC claim for me, especially in the summer... I can only imagine...

Original review: June 24, 2014

Report for broken dryer was made on a Wednesday. 1st availability for service call was for Monday. Several issues causing dryer not to function properly: door latch, thermostat, heater element, melted felt casing, wheel rubbing. The dryer is a cheap 2006 model. The service technician said it all could be fixed but the labor would exceed the cost of the dryer. He also brought to my attention that the wall outlet and electrical cord should be examined by an electrician, as he showed me where burning had occurred on the outlet prongs. He thoroughly checked all duct work, confirming that it was all clear and that this truly was a very broken dryer.

The claim was submitted and reviewed by CHW escalation department. This took another two weeks. I am now in WEEK FOUR without a dryer! I have called CHW over 10 times without any resolution to my dilemma! Customer service is short with me and promises to return my calls. I had been an extremely satisfied customer of CHW until this happened. In reading the reviews, I see two other dissatisfied customers pertaining to dryer issues. Perhaps CHW needs to revise their criteria for replacement dryers, as they have been very flexible and comprehensive with other issues. I am greatly concerned that this dryer is unsafe and is posing a fire hazard to my home based on the findings of the service repair technician.

I had been an extremely satisfied customer of CHW until this point. Unfortunately now, I am dissatisfied, angry, and frightened of the outcome for the safety of my home, IF the dryer issue is ever even fixed. I do have an electrician coming out tomorrow. Again, nothing else has been done to fix my broken dryer and it has been four weeks since the initial call! I think CHW thinks I'm just going to give up, but I am not! CHW, please replace my dryer or allocate funds to help off-set my cost, as I truly don't want my home to burn down as a result of a dryer that I have requested your assistance numerous times, on a recorded line, via email, and now on this public review, to please replace as there are too many issues with the dryer worth fixing and insuring the safety of my home.

Original review: June 23, 2014

My washer was not working properly and my oven was broken all at the same time, I was so stressed. Fortunately I had Choice care. They are replacing both my washer and oven. I am just waiting on the check. What a blessing. Thank you Choice care.

Original review: June 23, 2014

I have used CHW since it came with the purchase of our new house last July. We have had a number of issues (a microwave, garage door opener, and garbage disposal) for which we have used the service and each time it worked out well. The service people were nice and did what they needed to do to resolve the problem. The only flaw in the system which can be frustrating when you have a problem that needs to be addressed immediately is the fact that often the service provided matched doesn't return calls or won't accept the job. This has happened to me several times. That means that it can take 2-4 days to get in touch with a service provider to schedule an appointment to fix whatever the issue is. CHW is on top of it with their calls and always gave me the next provider on their list, but I think that they should rate the providers responsiveness so they don't refer clients to providers who aren't going to respond or accept the job.

Original review: June 22, 2014

Dryer stop drying. Way too long wait for Customer service.

Original review: June 22, 2014

Called Friday because my toilet was leaking water at the base, the plumber called within 30 minutes afterwards and was on site less than 30 minutes later. They worked on the toilet in response with you and had to leave to get another piece for the toilet and had the work ready approximately 3 hours later. Although I had to call again on Saturday because the problem was not solved. I tried calling you, but no Operator answers the phone on weekends. I did write you a mail and became an automatic response. As long as I don't have to pay another service fee for a existing claim and you make the correct decision to solve this problem, I can highly recommend you further!!!!

Original review: June 21, 2014

My garbage disposal broke and my sink was about to overflow with dirty water. I called Choice for the first time ever and I thought I was gonna have to wait forever to get a plumber. Someone was at my house within two hours of my call to fix the disposal. The plumber determined that I needed a new one and got a quick approval and installed it right away (he had new ones in his van).

Original review: June 21, 2014

We had a not so good experience with the contractor that was sent to our home by Choice Home Warranty. We had to call our own contractor in to fix the problem. Many issues back and forth. My compliment goes the supervisor who handled our case at the end. She was very professional and considerate of our dilemma. She did authorize a $100.00 for time and trouble with the air-conditioner. She certainly understood our situation from the home owner side which felt good to know..

Original review: June 21, 2014

Reggie the plumber was a great company. He gave me time and came on time. Fast and friendly service. Great experience.

Original review: June 20, 2014

Called with a backed up toilet system and shower. Claim was taken at night and sent to a company that came over the next day and solved the issue. No complaints here!

Original review: June 20, 2014

Our air went out over the weekend and someone was there first thing Monday morning to take care if it. Everyone that handled my claim was very friendly and helpful. I have already recommended Choice Home Warranty to multiple family members.

Original review: June 20, 2014

No homeowner enjoys having things breakdown on them. I just had both my dishwasher and my A/C breakdown at the same time. When I called Choice Home Warranty to report both of these problems, I not only was treated with great respect and compassion, but they immediately sent out two service repairmen to fix both of the problems. I have been with this company for several years and have two long-term contracts with them for two different homes.

Besides the excellent companies that they choose to work with, their excellent customer-service and their excellent professionalism with which they conduct their business and their follow-up, I would never dream of going anywhere else. If anyone is reading this, I HIGHLY recommend that Choice Home Warranty be your number one choice.

Original review: June 20, 2014

Service was amazing!! Within hours of calling the tech was here and had it fixed.

Original review: June 20, 2014

I received nothing but cooperation from Choice Home Warranty. The first claim broke down between the vendor and me. The second vendor was WONDERFUL, PRECISE, PROMPT and KNOWLEDGEABLE. I really appreciated how quickly Choice responded to the technicians results of the inoperable dryer and this all took place within a matter of hours! I am glad I made the decision to go with Choice Home Warranty.

Original review: June 20, 2014

They came out in a timely manner. Found the problem and order the part. Today they installed the heating element and the dryer is working now.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: June 19, 2014

According to the policy that I have with Choice Home Warranty, they have to replace my broken unit. They find all kind of excuses not to cover the damage regardless the A/C clearly covered. I have heard the same story about this company from other people. Bad company, very bad company.

Original review: June 18, 2014

I recently requested a service call to have my air conditioner repaired. Choice Home Warranty dispatched a company the same day that I called . The repairman came the same day and my air conditioner was fixed early the next morning. I am a widow living on a fixed income and it gives me peace of mind knowing I can count on Choice Home Warranty for any problems around my any repairs I might need that are covered. I will certainly recommend Choice Home Warranty to my friends.

Original review: June 18, 2014

Once the proper service firm was assigned, service was prompt and efficient.

Original review: June 18, 2014

Yesterday I had my broken oven looked by the serviceman you dispatched. The man was very thorough and immediately diagnosed the problem. After some time on the phone he advised me parts were not available to repair my oven. I was very disappointed at first then he told me Choice would be in touch with me before days end. You were and expressed my problem fit into your buy-out program in the amount of $300. I thought this is fair and I will be able to pick me up a stove for that!

Original review: June 18, 2014

Recent air conditioning service - Provider appeared responsible, was helpful, courteous. Satisfied with his services.

Original review: June 18, 2014

We were very happy with the service. The repairman was very courteous and nice. The problem was resolved.

Original review: June 18, 2014

Choice sent A/C to Z out to look at it and they replaced it. They were very helpful and speedy in the fix.

Original review: June 18, 2014

The appliance tech located the issue and said what needed to be done. The problem with dryer was actually a bad breaker. He filed his paperwork and I called Choice. While I was on the phone with Choice, a Choice vendor called and scheduled a time to repair the breaker. I hope all of my calls go this well.

Original review: June 18, 2014

Had a problem with electrical. Responded quickly and resolved problem to mine and tenant's satisfaction.

Original review: June 18, 2014

My dryer machine stopped working, so I called the people of Choice Home Warranty. The customer service people handled the claim very fast and the contractors did the work in an excellent way... Is working as well as the first day.

Original review: June 18, 2014

I had four repairs done with CHW. Their level of respond was quick. Some of their contractors which do the repairs are not as they should be but when CHW is informed, they quickly assign another contractor. CHW should check their contractors' level of services to make sure their customers being happy and they might have been doing it but I am not aware of.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information