Get a Quote

4.0/5 (12924 ratings)
Get a Quote

About Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection plans that protect against the unexpected cost to repair or replace major systems and appliances. The company offers two plans and covers household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except California and Washington.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service

Cons

• Cancellation fee
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: April 24, 2014

All 3 of my toilets were gurgling and backing up and it also started backing into the bathtubs. I like the plumber that came to my house and the problems were fixed in no time.

Original review: April 24, 2014

My microwave quit heating and I called Choice for service. They were able to contact a repair company the same day and I was notified to call them for service. The company responded the next day and told me the repair was expensive and Choice could decide to replace the unit. I called Choice and they said they would give me $170.00 on the price of the new unit. I have not received the check yet, however, they stated it would be mailed in 30 days. I thought it was a fair resolution of my problem.

Original review: April 24, 2014

There was an issue with a claim; however, Tracy and Dennis were right on the issue to fix it. It has been an amazing experience, which, as we all know, could have taken a different turn. CHW is truly lucky to have employees that take the time to make sure your customers are treated professionally. I couldn't have asked for more professional customer service. Because of my interactions with Tracy and Dennis, I will, without a doubt, recommend CHW. Thanks for having an amazing in-house staff with great follow up. Kudos to great team work and effort. I truly appreciate it.

Original review: April 24, 2014

This was the first time I used my home warranty. The process to submit a claim online was easy. By the next morning I was contacted via phone by Choice Home Warranty and the assigned electrician to fix the light switch in my master bath. The electrician was professional and quickly handled my problem. I hope that any future claims with Choice Home Warranty will go as smoothly.

Original review: April 24, 2014

I had problems with my ceiling fan not operating properly. I called and a technician was able to come the next day and repair the ceiling fan. The gentleman that came to my house was courteous and did a great job. My fan was working when he left. Thanks!

Original review: April 24, 2014

A call to Choice to request service on my home ac unit resulted in a few questions and then a recommendation to call Glacier Heating and Air for service call. They came out the next day and replaced a relay available on service truck. Didn't have to order and wait for one.

Original review: April 24, 2014

I had an issue with my dishwasher. Immediately I called the customer service, my claim was processed. I received a claim #. Immediately I receive the information by email. Less than an hour later, I received a call from a technician but also from the Customer Service confirming that a technician was assigned. At the next day the technician went to my house at the time agreed and my dishwasher was repaired the next day because some parts were required. All the time, the Customer Service from Choice Home Warranty was in contact and keep me updated in the process of the claim. Then my deductible was $45.00. That was great!

Original review: April 24, 2014

I called to get four plumbing issues repaired. They completed the work within 2 hours and it only cost me 45.00!!!!

Original review: April 23, 2014

My bathtub was not draining. I called Choice and they put me in touch with a plumber and my problem was solved quickly but not costly!

Original review: April 23, 2014

I called Choice because my oven wouldn't go on. They had their service person call us in about 2 hours to make an appointment to come out to fix it. They were there when they said they would be and ordered the part right away. I am very satisfied with the service.

Original review: April 23, 2014

Choice made the arrangements for a company in the field of home heating systems to perform inspection and repair. Choice followed up with company to assure that appointment would be kept promptly and kept us in the loop. Work that was performed was timely and excellent.

Original review: April 23, 2014

I was very happy with how the order was processed. It was fast and timely. The technician was very knowledgeable and had a very good work ethic. The burners are fixed and work as good as new.

Original review: April 23, 2014

Air conditioning repair - Excellent service all around. What more can I say.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: April 23, 2014

I bought my home new in May 2012. My A/C unit has been functioning properly since I bought the house. My A/C sprung a leak and they claimed it was because of faulty installation. I even had the technician call back to explain that it was normal wear and tear. If they judge it like that, then a lot of things can be referred to as improper installation.

Original review: April 23, 2014

My clothes washer gave out. I sent Choice an e-mail informing them and asking for guidance. They responded with the phone and name of an appliance Technician. I called him. He came and evaluated. He called Choice and informed them. I got a message with all pertinent info and washer was replaced. A month later my clothes dryer gave out and through the same process it was taken care of. I am still waiting for the check for the dryer but all in all it was a pleasant experience to get my appliance problems resolved with promptness. Thank You for your Time and Assistance...!!!

Original review: April 23, 2014

I was totally satisfied with the service. The repair was completed as scheduled and Choice kept me in the loop throughout the process.

Original review: April 23, 2014

CHW treated me right. The company they found for me was very professional and courteous. I have no complaints with anything. The follow up to see if I was happy with repairs was unexpected and proved they want their customers to be satisfied.

Original review: April 22, 2014

CHW service is top of the line.

Original review: April 22, 2014

CHW was quick on their response. I called in on Easter Sunday about the hot water heater not working all of the time. First thing Monday morning I had a response and the plumber was at the house by 11:45. By 1 pm the hot water heater was fixed.

Original review: April 22, 2014

On Easter my water heater died. Called Choice, it was fixed the next day. One call and problem solved.

Original review: April 21, 2014

The garage door repairman was very knowledgeable and professional.

Original review: April 21, 2014

Any time I have had a problem and have called Choice Home Warranty they have responded quickly and efficiently. Contractors are dispatched and problem fixed. I am very happy with this company.

Original review: April 21, 2014

My ten year old Whirlpool Duet frontload clothes washer began to vibrate violently during the spin cycle. Choice Home Warranty sent an excellent technician within 24 hours. The repair cost was estimated to be more than the value of the machine and I was offered a fair payment towards a new washer. Thank you, Choice!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
    Original review: April 21, 2014

I first contacted Choice Home Warranty to find out if they insure RVs. They told me that without a doubt, they do cover RVs. I called several times to make sure they cover RVs and also if they cover the AC units on a RV. Every time, they replied that they did cover RVs. I took out a policy. In April of the following year, my AC unit started making a noise, sounding like the bearings were going out in the blower unit. I called and made a claim and they sent out a man to check out our unit. He did and said it was the bearings going out. The following week, I received an email from Choice Home Warranty asking me to call them, which I did. They told me that I was not covered because of the type of AC unit it was. They told me that they cover Mobil Home AC units but not RV Units. I got nowhere with them concerning fixing my unit or refunding my premiums. They told me they would only refund the last two payments. I believe they misrepresented themselves when they told me that they covered RVs. Obviously they do not know the difference between Mobile home AC units and RV units. RVs only have one kind of AC units that fit on top of the RV. I highly recommend that NO ONE use this company.

Original review: April 20, 2014

Home Warranty programs are pretty much all the same. At least that was what I thought until I had my first service call through Choice Home Warranty. And now, we are still in our first year with Choice Home Warranty and just completed our third service call from a CHW provider. And you know, I couldn't be more pleased with the decision I made to switch to CHW. Their vendors and service providers are all first rate. The Customer Service Representatives at Choice always go to the limit and beyond to make sure their subscribers are satisfied with the service and even provide helpful suggestions when they can. I guess the best way to wrap this up is to say that Choice Home Warranty should be the First Choice for all homeowners. Thanks to all at Choice.

Original review: April 20, 2014

We had to call twice about a problem with our refrigerator. Both times Choice sent out reputable repairmen and our problem was taken care of.

Original review: April 20, 2014

Choice Home Warranty handled the claim regarding my washing machine in a timely manner.

Original review: April 20, 2014

Our garbage disposal started leaking under the sink. I rang Choice Home Warranty and they gave me a claim number along with the phone number of a local plumber. I was contacted immediately and the problem was resolved within 24 hours. Thank you, Choice.

Original review: April 20, 2014

Calls were answered promptly and service was initialized quickly. Local repair service made things much easier than previous warranty service provider.

Original review: April 20, 2014

Your representative came out, promptly identified and fixed the problem. He was courteous and professional.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information