Charmglow Gas Grills
2.01/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Charmglow Gas Grills

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Charmglow Gas Grills Reviews

Original review: Oct. 19, 2015

Well, my Charmglow is subjected to sun, extreme cold, snow and ice. It lives uncovered outside for 3 years now and only has a bit of surface rust on the side which was easily removed with some acid wash. Everything on the inside is perfect.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2015

In January 2007 I received a Charmglow 810-7400-S barbecue grill as a housewarming gift. Charmglow was a new name in my house. I grilled often over the years and always cleaned and covered my grill when not in use. Here we are almost 9 years later, and I am just now needing to replace the interior of my grill. I was easily able to locate all the parts I needed online. When I needed to double-check that I was ordering the right parts, the instruction/parts manual was easily found online, and downloadable. I am a 34-yr old single woman who rebuilt the interior of my BBQ. Bottom line, just like anything else in life, take care of it, and it will take care of you. Here I am 9 years later, with a brand-new BBQ for under $200.00.

Original review: June 16, 2015

Surprised to see all the bad reviews on this grill. My wife's dad gave her a Charmglow 720-0234 a few years ago that they didn't use anymore at their second house. She had it for about a year before we really started using it. We grilled out 2-3 times a week for 9+ months and never had an issue with this grill. That was 2 years ago. Last week I went to take a look at it as it had been sitting for 2 years with no use and saw 3 of the 5 burners rusted over and no gas was able to get out through the small holes, and the other 2 burners weren't far behind.

I got on Amazon and purchased 5 new burners and heat plates for $50, that included S&H. I got a metal buffing brush for my grill at Home Depot and spent a few hours getting all the junk off the grates, splash plate, and inside of the grill. Yesterday I finally got everything put back together and it works just as good as a brand new grill. This is a great grill and I'm NOT surprised I've had to replace the burners after multiple years of use.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2014

After about six months, I tried to utilize my grill yesterday. Unfortunately a fire developed and shot through the hole where the selector switch was located, burning it so badly that it fell off. I had no way to shut it off except to turn the propane tank off manually. This very easily could have resulted in an all out fire or explosion.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2014

After about six months of not using the grill I tried to start it but the gas not flowing. After inspecting the gas tank and changing the regulator I found a white worm inside two of the four burner. I cannot believe how a worm can get in there. It could happen to any grill.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Charmglow?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2014

I purchased a Charmglow Gas Grill, which was expensive because it is stainless steel; or so they say. It has rusted out throughout the outside and inside. What a major disappointment!!! I can't believe Home Depot carried the product. After reading other remarks, I see I'm not alone being ripped off. Today, from the rust, one of the wheel fell off. I keep this unit in an enclosed area with a cover on it. I also sprayed it with WD-40 thinking that would help. The only thing that will help is to throw it away.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2014

I read a lot of complaints about this grill. I have had my model 720-0234 for almost 10 years. It has not fallen apart and is in pretty good shape for the conditions that I have subjected it to. It has never had a cover and has been rained on since I bought it. The only thing that is wrong with it is the casters froze up as they are not stainless steel; however I don't move it anyway. The grease trap broke after several years but I have used it without it. I have changed the burners and heat plates twice but that is normal for the service. When burners are good, it cooks fine. The burner turn down could be a little better but it would limit high end heat when required. I usually get lower heat by turning on the two end burners and slow cook in the middle. When I need high heat, I turn on the burners and prop open the top with a wood block to avoid flame-ups. With a little creativity the grill cooks fine. I never had a grill that lasted this many years by replacing a few parts every few years. This is a tough service and requires some maintenance every few years.

Original review: June 9, 2014

Purchased Charmglow Grill from home depot. Completely fell apart in 2 yrs, as everyone else has stated. No warranty.

Original review: May 9, 2014

I received a Charmglow (NEXGRILL) 720-0234 5 burner stainless steel grill for a Father's Day gift from my family. After the first year of use, I had the same problem as other Charmglow victims, rust and corrosion. I had a warranty through Home Depot and thought that they would handle the problem. Not the case. I was given the customer service # for Charmglow, only to find out that I needed to contact NEXGRILL. I did receive replacement burners for 5 years (the length of the warranty) and each time there was a new set of hoops to jump through. Anyone who buys a stainless steel grill should know that there are different types and grades of stainless, I found out too late. I am no longer going to buy any parts for this thorn in my side. I will however do my homework on what "quality" really is.

Original review: April 26, 2014

My "stainless steel" Charmglow grill performed better than some of you. The back burner (thus the rotisserie) plus the ignitor failed in year one. The rest of the grill still worked, but everything was rusting out, including the outside. At least we could cook something. This year all 5 burners will light, but when you let go of the knob to adjust the flame lower, the gas gets cut off from all the burners. In searching for new parts, I came across this site. Thanks everyone for saving me the trouble of trying to find parts or contacting Charmglow. They don't call back. I found an old junker grill in storage. You have to light it with a match, but it works. Maybe go back to a Weber when I save my pennies.

Charmglow Gas Grills Company Information