Char-Broil Gas Grills

Char-Broil Gas Grills

3.8/5 (78 ratings)

About Char-Broil Gas Grills

Char-Broil Gas Grills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Char-Broil Gas Grills?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Char-Broil?

Original review: June 15, 2020

I bought their just under the top of the line gas grill, had it for one season, the following season it was terribly rust, and I asked Home Depot to exchange it, because it was less than a year old, they said no. One Sunday we were late getting back for church, and my family of 10 was coming over, so I pulled off my suit, and ran outside to start the grill, I was bare chested, and when I hit the igniter it exploded into a ball of flame. Luckily there were no kids close by, as there usually are, because it literally set my chest on fire, tho not badly burned, I wasn't able to wear a tie for 3 days, and missed that much work.

My brother is an engineer, and said the thing exploded because there wasn't a plate beneath it, so that could not happen. I called them and explained what happened, then told them the solution. I was appalled at their answer, "That plate is on our more expensive models, but not our lesser ones!" "Oh," I exclaimed. "So the people that could least afford it are the only ones at risk?" Won't touch their brand now with a 10 foot pole.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Ignition switch stopped working after about 3 months. After a lot of back-and-forth, they sent me a replacement switch, with no instructions about how to install. It was too much trouble. The whole thing, including the burners, rusted and broke down far too quickly. Absolute junk.

Original review: June 14, 2020

After purchasing this grill I found it to be of satisfactory quality. Have had no problems starting it up in the three years that I've owned it. Not real impressed with the Tru Infrared technology. It takes longer to reach the temperature requirements for proper searing of meat, overall it is a good grill for the money.

Original review: June 14, 2020

This is a great low price double grill that got from Walmart on sale; it lost power a few times but it just needs to be cleaned regularly. We use it at our vacation home regularly. Would definitely buy again.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I have to say I am not able to afford expensive companies grill like Weber or Green Egg. So I get the best that I can afford. In doing so I have friends and family that can afford the better grills and theirs have lasted years where I replace mine more often. The Char-broil brand has held up the best in my price range.

Original review: June 13, 2020

It's a great grill and works well. I only gave a 9 because it has rusted out the burners and tops several times. Other than that it's great but sometimes when the burners get older it's hard to control the flame.

Original review: June 12, 2020

These grills are great and definitely a tough piece of equipment that lasts for years. They are reasonably priced. I will always recommend this product. Plan colors that never fade or turn to rust. Company stands by any issues and take care of their customers. I bought mine at Home Depot 2 years ago and still looks and acts new.

Original review: June 12, 2020

This grill is easy to operate, cooks quickly, easy to clean up and love the side burner. Like that there are doors to protect the propane tank and to store cleaning tools. Bought a cover for it and it looks brand new.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I was very impressed because it looks like a real bbq grill and it’s electric. It’s a very good size for a big family, really happy when I cook it smells good the food comes out good. I need to watch si I don’t make it to dry. The only concern is that the rail of the grill when I cook the food sticks and it’s so so hard to remove. Everything sticks. I wish it was non stick.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Works well, heats up quickly at to a high temp if needed. I like the temperature gauge on the hood. The propane bottle is hidden. The color is black with stainless and fits my backyard real well. It comes with casters to move easily.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I placed an order for a grill and grill cover on May 28th. My credit card was charged on May 29th and on that day the grill cover was shipped while the grill itself has been in the warehouse ever since. I have called customer service multiple times with wait times of 30 minutes or more each time. They opened an investigation and listed the status of the investigation as pending. After my last call to find out if they are ever going to ship the product they charged me for, they sent me a survey and changed the status of the investigation to "awaiting customer response". On the BBB listing for this company it is apparent from reviews that charging for products and not delivering them is a pattern with this company. I cannot stress this enough. This is an unorganized, unprofessional, unethical and untrustworthy company. Do not do business with them.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I’ve been trying to contact Charbroil for replacement parts. They did not answer phone after 30 minutes on hold. I tried afternoon 4 p.m. and early a.m. 9.a.m. Also tried to order online. Yesterday order would not go through. This morning does not go through. Answer machine says blog on community. It does not exist. Still in business?

Original review: May 1, 2020

I have given this grill 5 years and it is terrible. The so called Tru Infrared cooking never cooks. I usually have to finish my meal in our oven. This is a terrible product. I only gave it this long because I don't use it all the time, but now I am going to get a Weber.

Original review: March 16, 2020

All my food has to be finished in the oven. Tested the temperature and it is 50 degrees lower than the set temperature on the digital setting. I have followed the pre heating instructions for the unit. Do not buy.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I ordered an incorrect part (my error) and wanted to return or exchange the item for the correct part. Beware that Charbroil does not offer any return shipping options. You have to ship yourself at full price. For me, I ordered a grate for $34.99 +$11.00 shipping, the return shipping was $30.00, plus they do not refund the $11.00. So total out of pocket was $41.00 for shipping. Threw the part away and ate the $49.00 total bill. Who does business like this today? Spoke with customer service and they could care less. Girl said, "Yeah, lots of customers complain about this issue and they are looking into it." Not a hard one to figure out in my book, but apparently management at Charbroil doesn't get it and are not all that bright obviously.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I own a Char-grill now for about 2 months. Two days ago it caught fire. The one nob in front literally melted. I had fire running from the grill over the knob controller line underneath to the knob. I have noticed in the few times I have used the grill that the flame is always very high in the front of the grill instead of being evening distributed across the burner. After talking with the manufacture I was told that I need to clean the gas lines. I need to inspect the gas tank lines. I need to clean off the melted plastic. They will give me a new knob. Then I can continue to use this highly dangerous grill. Obviously it's not their house that might burn down. Or one of them that might get burned by this grill. I would not recommend this grill or company for anything. Their concern is money and not the consumer safety.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I bought the gas BBQ Char-Broil at the end of July in the Lowe's, they assembly it for me, in 2 months when we was using it notes the fire under the BBQ due to leaking gas. When I went to the store they told me they will not take it back, because we use it, even it was mark on receipt 90 days return. They suggested to call guarantee, that I did. I was told that I have to disassemble the part with the problem, clean it up and they will do nothing. I am in charge of delivery the BBQ to repair or return. e-m address: **. Home address: **

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Purchased model #463432215 in May of 2015 & in 4 years time & less than 20 actual uses, the bottom rotted out making the grille unsafe & unusable. The firebox warranty of only 2 years is insufficient & obviously done this way to avoid warranty claims for a cheap/unsafe product. Do yourself a favor & spend the extra $$$ for a Weber with a real heavy-duty firebox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Had Char-Broil Gas Grills about 10 years. Replaced with Performance stainless this year in July, as the old firebox eroded. I loved the classic and so knew I definitely wanted another Char-Broil, just smaller. Used it for burgers and dogs 5 times. Put new Char-Broil cover on and wanted to grill a steak. Removed cover to find bottom shelf covered in mice droppings as well as on the propane tank. Disgusted, but cleaned it and when opened top found the entire surfaced covered in grease residue. The quality of the interior absorbed the grease making it a nightmare to have to clean entire surface. I never had to with any grills I’ve had the last 30 some years. The residue would burn off and I only needed to clean the grates. I returned to Lowe’s since it was within the guarantee. Now wonder where I can find a better quality one as they are bulky and not easy to return. So disappointed in Char-Broil!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Bought the grill in May. 5th use in August. Blew up in my face. Flash burn. In front of my grandson and boyfriend, I was horribly burned. My head was smoking. Facial burns and life changing recovery regimen that is ONE YEAR LONG. DO NOT BUY CHAR-BROIL GAS GRILLS!!!

Original review: July 17, 2019

My grill is great. It's just old and ugly. We really do need a new grill but I just can't afford another one right now. On an overall scale I love my charcoal grill. We only use charcoals for our grill food. He don't like the gas one but I do because that's the only kind I know how to use.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Yes I have a grill, but it is just so small that I have a hard time with it. Especially when I have friends that come to eat and I miss having a good grill to cook with.

Original review: July 16, 2019

It was a gas grill, then it tipped over and broke the gas line. It is propped up by cinder blocks, the handle is broke but it still grills as a charcoal grill fairly well! It is also about 18 years or older!

Original review: July 15, 2019

I’ve had it for 8 or 9 years. Hard to clean. Had to replace grates and deflectors once. But igniter still works. Never had a grill last so long. When need a new grill, will replace with Char-Broil. Btw my grill is infrared.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I like my grill as it cooks fast but the parts on the panel don’t hold up (ignite switch), broken to pieces and it rust very easily in some areas. Overall it is a good grill and we have it for approximately six years. Wish there is one built better for the money spent.

Original review: July 13, 2019

The burners won’t turn up the flame all the way. It took forever to heat up and forever to cook. We bought it at Walmart and had to put it together. Not happy with the performance. I should take it back all put together.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Always a great grill while BBQing but the burners only last 2 qing seasons. Did not wish to purchase burners every two years, so pasted on replacing the grill. The method of radiation heat was a plus for authentic grilled flavor not using wood for the smoked effect.

Original review: July 11, 2019

So disappointed in the quality of your grills. My Char-Broil performance grill just 2 years old no longer works. Flames are irregular, grills are pitted and rusty. Grill was covered when not in use and stored in garage during winter months.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I've cooked everything from a turkey to ham to the staple rib-eye. This thing handles it like a champ. The shape is excellent for circulating the heat well so whatever I cook heats evenly, smokes like crazy, room to spread things out and didn't cost me a downpayment on a car!

Original review: July 11, 2019

The quality of the grill is very poor. I have had this grill for 2 years covered when not in use, and it looks 10 years old. Flame isn’t equal, cold spots, very thin stainless steel. Have to start it with a match after the ignition went after 1 year. Cheaply made trying to resemble a better quality grill. Do your a favor. Buy a better grill.

Char-Broil Gas Grills Company Information