2. Homeowners

Char-Broil Gas Grills

4.0/5 (77 ratings)

About Char-Broil Gas Grills

Char-Broil Gas Grills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Char-Broil Gas Grills?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Char-Broil?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

The grill worked great for over a year until, suddenly, the flame at the front of the grill began to grow and got so hot that it melted the four control knobs! I've written Char-Broil several times and have NOT RECEIVED ONE RESPONSE. Sorry, I can't sit on hold for 45 minutes to speak to someone on the phone but what's the point of Char-Broil having a Customer Service email if they refuse to respond to their customers? This was not my first Char-Broil grill but it's certainly going to be my last.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I bought a Char-Broil oven not long ago. It feels very easy to use, easy to operate, and the price is relatively cheap. The key is that the barbecue tastes very good and it is a good shopping experience!

Original review: July 10, 2020

Be very careful with CharBroil Grills - no support or spare parts are easily available - Buyer beware. Have tried to order parts and ordering site very repetitive and does not work. Have now spent over ONE (1) hour to order one part. - Pathetic.

Original review: July 5, 2020

I set up my grill and turned it on to make sure it worked. It seemed to work fine. The second time I turned it on to use it and grill, one of the knobs and metal rods connecting it to the grill melted off within 5 minutes of turning it on. I had to turn off grill from gas tank. I contacted customer service who has gone from being abysmally slow to respond to full on ghosting me. Don’t ever bother calling, they don’t answer calls. Ever. Before they stopped responding to my case on their website, they responded to my concern for my safety using this product by suggesting I purchase a replacement piece. They also said the knob melting off isn’t covered by the warranty. Additionally, they said that I shouldn’t use the grill as it’s not safe to use at the moment.

So, I’m currently in the process of purchasing a grill from a different company with a product that has a 10 year warranty. Now I have to figure out what to do with this CharBroil grill that is not safe to use and whose customer service representatives stopped responding. I cannot stress how horrendous the customer service has been. Also looking into possible legal channels to handle this. The knob that melted off is the one that turns the gas on/off at the burner. This is a dangerous product.

Original review: July 3, 2020

1st use of my grill caused paint to blister and peal, then begin rusting. Contacted customer service numerous times with no response. Finally they responded, “Rust isn’t covered by warranty.” Keep in mind, this occurred on day 1! Terrible quality and even worse customer service.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Upon receipt of our Smokey Joe’s smoker/grill combo, the temp gauge was defective. Tried to calibrate it - did not work. We promptly filed a warranty claim. Received an after-market lightweight replacement that ALSO was defective. Tried to calibrate it -did not work. Made several attempts to get the Smokey Joe’s temp gauge, only to find out weeks later Char-Broil now tells me they cannot provide the same part as is on the grill we purchased. Epic failure on char-Broil’s shoulders. Shame, shame on Char-Broil.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I purchased a Char Broil Infrared 2 burner gas grill several years ago and experienced extensive rust issues where the wheels actually rusted at the base and fell off including other extensive rust issues with the firebox having to replace the gas regulator, emitters and grates after the warranty expired. I liked the way the grill cooked the food that I decided to purchase another grill along with a heavier cover than Char Broil offers. Keeping this grill covered and protected on my deck did not keep it from starting to rust at the base and side panels to include rust at the wheel supports causing the right front wheel to fall off. I contacted Customer service who advised me keep my grill stored inside in the future but would not help with the current issues that I am experiencing for the second time with this style grill. Beware of these issues unless you plan to store indoors!

Original review: June 26, 2020

I find Char-Broil grills for a reliable trauma their burners last. It stand up to weather, the temperature control is fairly accurate, I smoke meat, grill, and slow roast. I give this product a four out of five.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Wife bought me a Smart Chef WiFi smoker for Christmas. After many attempts and moving the smoker to different locations, finally got the WiFi to pair. Unit worked ok, but then it started popping the electrical breaker. Moved the smoker to several different locations with different breakers, same problem. Then it quit working altogether. I emailed customer service, and about two weeks later got a response. Lady said I needed a new motherboard, so I bought one. It took about a month to arrive, and meanwhile I moved to a new house.

I installed the new motherboard and “pop” the breaker blew as the smoker warmed up. I moved the unit to a dedicated circuit, and it still blew. I have emailed the company numerous times without a response, and have called them many times too. Like other dissatisfied customers, the recording said that the wait time was longer than 20 minutes. No matter what time I called, same result. I left the phone on one day for over an hour, nobody ever answered the phone. That has got to be the worst customer service ever. The smoker is useless. I’m either going to take it to the gun range as a target, or ship it back to Char Broil so that they can pay to put it in the garbage.

Original review: June 25, 2020

My Grill has been grilling for ten years without no rust at all. The Flavor bars are set very well, with different temp's, and the grills are easy to clean. Per instructions I can smoke really good with Char Boil GRILL. The frame is built very good and stands up to all kind weather. I would recommend this Char Boil Grill to anyone.

Original review: June 25, 2020

The Char-Broil brand is largely adequate. However, there are other brands at the same price point that are more attractive, efficient, and have more features than Char-Broil Grills. All in all, Char-Broil grills are okay.

Original review: June 24, 2020

My husband loves cooking on the flat griddle having that different taste of of his food not cooking over an open flame. He can cook foods he never thought about cooking a grill before because they fall through the grates.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I received a Charbroil grill as a gift for my new deck and I was so very pleased with the aesthetics. It looks very nice and fits the decor. The overall performance is far better than other brands I've had. Grilling is a breeze and the food cooks evenly. Clean up I wish was a little easier for the overall upkeep. I would recommend Charbroil as a top outdoor grill choice. The quality and name have been around for years and the longevity of the products speaks for itself.

Original review: June 23, 2020

The smoker drawer/tray is great feature but it slides a bit rough. The temperature gauge fills with water if leave it outside uncovered. The burner igniter works great for all four burners. It still works after 3 months unlike other grills.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I have a 4 burner Char-Broil Professional infrared Grill w/a side burner that is four years old and the entire “guts” and undercarriage is rusted away. The side burner works wonderfully. I bought mine from Sears only to find that my model DID NOT come w/ the cast iron grates only the stainless sear grates. Several weeks later l learned that the same grill was available at Lowes for the same price with the cast iron grates. Too late to return! Char-Broil can keep their professional Junk. Will never buy a Char Broil product again.

Original review: June 22, 2020

The grill is easy to transport. It is well made. It is easy to light. I enjoy barbecuing on it. All my friends love it. I love how all the food cooks even on it. Nothing never sticks to is. It is a pleasure to have and will buy another in the future.

Original review: June 21, 2020

I like my Char-Broil gas grill. It has three burners which allows me to hit about any temperature level I want. The grilling grates are a one handed simple lift out for cleaning both them and the bottom of the grill if need be. The inside bottom is designed in a manner that makes clean up a breeze. This unit has side trays on both sides of the unit of decent size to hold any equipment you need for your grilling pleasure. The hood lift handle is always cool and easy to raise without fear of getting burned. The upper warmer or cooking crate is easily removed for when doing turkeys and whole hams.

Original review: June 21, 2020

I've got one of those egg looking grills. I hate it. I've had it for 4 years and still can't figure it out. It's very difficult to remove the ashes and maintain heat. You are constantly trying to figure out how much draft you need. I don't recommend it.

Original review: June 20, 2020

The Grill is easy to setup and relatively easy to use. The burners are at a relatively proper height and space from the grill. The amount of heat controlled by the intensity of the flame when the hood closed

Original review: June 20, 2020

The flame deflectors are hard to clean and the bottom of the grill can accumulate grease and soot that is difficult to impossible to clean. It has a drip cup but there are 2 vented opening that you can not access the bottom of to empty so grease just stays there and will eventually rust the bottom!

Original review: June 19, 2020

Char-Broil Grills are the perfect grills for any outdoor occasion. They Look Nice as well as use charcoal for that great grill taste. They come in all sizes as well so if you're looking for something portable I would highly recommend. Char-Broil grills have never let me down plus you dont have to worry about running out of propane.

Original review: June 19, 2020

First it was price but we should have got the one with the hot plate on the side. We have had it three years and it is reliable and easy to keep clean. We see the same grill for more money and we know it is a good buy.

Original review: June 18, 2020

The Stainless steel model of Char-Broil grill I use sits in the elements year round. I dont cover it. It's been reliable for 10 years with the original burners. I highly recommend it. The only thing that has worn out is the battery sparking mechanism, and that is my fault for not replacing the battery. The battery leaked and ruined the contacts.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Built to last and make great food! We brought this for my husband at least 7 years ago. He is the cook of our family and it is so worth it because he makes the best food. So if my hubby is happily cooking then his wife is HAPPY!

Original review: June 17, 2020

The grill was made very well, made to last for years. very simple to use. Very simple to clean. Price was fair, but I feel could of been lower. ALL GRILLS ARE OVERPRICED. I highly recommend the grill. I had my neighbor over for a cook out one evening. He liked my grill so much, he went out and bought himself one. I'm not being paid to say that. They are very good grills.

Original review: June 17, 2020

Yes my family grew up with Charbroil grill name brand. They seem to be really good - reliable, affordable and easy to use! Great for outdoor summertime fun: picnics, barbecues and all season long! I love to BBQ myself. Okay, Thank you.

Original review: June 16, 2020

The grill has performed outstandingly and produces grilled foods exactly how you expect them to be grilled. My husband always said that grilling on this grill was always a pleasure and he enjoyed cooking on it. The ease in which it can be assembled and used was so beneficial to someone like me with no experience was a very pleasant surprise. Replacing gas tanks is relatively easy for just about any adult to do with ease.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Bought grill last May. Determined regulator was bad. Grill would not heat up above 250 degrees. Changed regulator. Now only goes to 350. Took all summer to get new regulator. This grill is terrible. Do not purchase.

Original review: June 15, 2020

I purchased a Performance model grill. I cannot get any response from customer service whatsoever! It's still in the box. I was to receive promo items if I made this purchase and they were not received.

Original review: June 15, 2020

I bought their just under the top of the line gas grill, had it for one season, the following season it was terribly rust, and I asked Home Depot to exchange it, because it was less than a year old, they said no. One Sunday we were late getting back for church, and my family of 10 was coming over, so I pulled off my suit, and ran outside to start the grill, I was bare chested, and when I hit the igniter it exploded into a ball of flame. Luckily there were no kids close by, as there usually are, because it literally set my chest on fire, tho not badly burned, I wasn't able to wear a tie for 3 days, and missed that much work.

My brother is an engineer, and said the thing exploded because there wasn't a plate beneath it, so that could not happen. I called them and explained what happened, then told them the solution. I was appalled at their answer, "That plate is on our more expensive models, but not our lesser ones!" "Oh," I exclaimed. "So the people that could least afford it are the only ones at risk?" Won't touch their brand now with a 10 foot pole.

Char-Broil Gas Grills Company Information