2. Homeowners

Char-Broil Gas Grills

Char-Broil Gas Grills
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.00/5

Char-Broil Gas Grills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Char-Broil Gas Grills?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Char-Broil?

Original review: July 3, 2020

1st use of my grill caused paint to blister and peal, then begin rusting. Contacted customer service numerous times with no response. Finally they responded, “Rust isn’t covered by warranty.” Keep in mind, this occurred on day 1! Terrible quality and even worse customer service.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Upon receipt of our Smokey Joe’s smoker/grill combo, the temp gauge was defective. Tried to calibrate it - did not work. We promptly filed a warranty claim. Received an after-market lightweight replacement that ALSO was defective. Tried to calibrate it -did not work. Made several attempts to get the Smokey Joe’s temp gauge, only to find out weeks later Char-Broil now tells me they cannot provide the same part as is on the grill we purchased. Epic failure on char-Broil’s shoulders. Shame, shame on Char-Broil.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I purchased a Char Broil Infrared 2 burner gas grill several years ago and experienced extensive rust issues where the wheels actually rusted at the base and fell off including other extensive rust issues with the firebox having to replace the gas regulator, emitters and grates after the warranty expired. I liked the way the grill cooked the food that I decided to purchase another grill along with a heavier cover than Char Broil offers. Keeping this grill covered and protected on my deck did not keep it from starting to rust at the base and side panels to include rust at the wheel supports causing the right front wheel to fall off. I contacted Customer service who advised me keep my grill stored inside in the future but would not help with the current issues that I am experiencing for the second time with this style grill. Beware of these issues unless you plan to store indoors!

Original review: June 26, 2020

I find Char-Broil grills for a reliable trauma their burners last. It stand up to weather, the temperature control is fairly accurate, I smoke meat, grill, and slow roast. I give this product a four out of five.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Wife bought me a Smart Chef WiFi smoker for Christmas. After many attempts and moving the smoker to different locations, finally got the WiFi to pair. Unit worked ok, but then it started popping the electrical breaker. Moved the smoker to several different locations with different breakers, same problem. Then it quit working altogether. I emailed customer service, and about two weeks later got a response. Lady said I needed a new motherboard, so I bought one. It took about a month to arrive, and meanwhile I moved to a new house.

I installed the new motherboard and “pop” the breaker blew as the smoker warmed up. I moved the unit to a dedicated circuit, and it still blew. I have emailed the company numerous times without a response, and have called them many times too. Like other dissatisfied customers, the recording said that the wait time was longer than 20 minutes. No matter what time I called, same result. I left the phone on one day for over an hour, nobody ever answered the phone. That has got to be the worst customer service ever. The smoker is useless. I’m either going to take it to the gun range as a target, or ship it back to Char Broil so that they can pay to put it in the garbage.

Original review: June 25, 2020

My Grill has been grilling for ten years without no rust at all. The Flavor bars are set very well, with different temp's, and the grills are easy to clean. Per instructions I can smoke really good with Char Boil GRILL. The frame is built very good and stands up to all kind weather. I would recommend this Char Boil Grill to anyone.

Original review: June 25, 2020

The Char-Broil brand is largely adequate. However, there are other brands at the same price point that are more attractive, efficient, and have more features than Char-Broil Grills. All in all, Char-Broil grills are okay.

Original review: June 24, 2020

My husband loves cooking on the flat griddle having that different taste of of his food not cooking over an open flame. He can cook foods he never thought about cooking a grill before because they fall through the grates.

Original review: June 23, 2020

The smoker drawer/tray is great feature but it slides a bit rough. The temperature gauge fills with water if leave it outside uncovered. The burner igniter works great for all four burners. It still works after 3 months unlike other grills.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I have a 4 burner Char-Broil Professional infrared Grill w/a side burner that is four years old and the entire “guts” and undercarriage is rusted away. The side burner works wonderfully. I bought mine from Sears only to find that my model DID NOT come w/ the cast iron grates only the stainless sear grates. Several weeks later l learned that the same grill was available at Lowes for the same price with the cast iron grates. Too late to return! Char-Broil can keep their professional Junk. Will never buy a Char Broil product again.

Char-Broil Gas Grills Company Information