Char-Broil Gas Grills

Char-Broil Gas Grills

2.9/5 (446 ratings)

About Char-Broil Gas Grills

Char-Broil Gas Grills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Char-Broil Gas Grills?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Char-Broil?

Original review: June 8, 2021

I have used this grill a few times a week since I bought it a couples month ago and I am very impressed with it. I got it because I have a small patio and wanted something compact, durable, easy to clean, and enough cooking space to grill for small gatherings. This grill exceeded all my needs. The sides fold down for easy storage and it is easy to move around. I love how evenly it cooks and maintains temperature. The only downsides I have found are no hooks for your grill tools, and would love to have this and I would like a slightly larger warming rack. Both are not a big deal. I bought s-hooks to place in the holes on the side shelf which solved my problem. Other than that, I think this is an great grill for the price and quality. I would absolutely recommend the grill.

Original review: June 8, 2021

The quality of this grill is ???. I love cooking on this grill. It cooks food to a perfectly. I wouldn't trade my grill for anything. I purchased it on sale at Lowes in Wilmington, NC. If you don't catch them on sale they can be a little pricey sometimes. Happy grilling!!

Original review: June 7, 2021

It’s a good grill but it seems that the automatic ignition system always breaks! It’s something that should last longer than one month. I treat this unit with a high level of care. I don’t abuse or abuse the unit. It’s just that the ignition system is cheaply made. This high level unit should have durable subsystems reflecting its high cost.

Original review: June 7, 2021

I have a cylinder gas type grill. I've used it a few times and love it. It roasts chickens, does a great job on pork chops and steaks. Its just for two people, though. Very small surface. I have it on a screened porch. It's very windy these days in our part of Florida and drought season. I get anxious about fire, so I'm careful using it.

Original review: June 6, 2021

Char-Broil grills are always quick and easy to function. I've noticed they have a durability that has allowed me to only purchase 2 in my entire life, one for my brother as a gift. I'm always grilling, even in the winter, as this is Kansas City - home of Barbeque and Kings of Cuisine (KC). So we continue to try different foods and the Char-Broil company provides so many variations for different types of cooking.

Original review: June 6, 2021

Grill is good for the 1st 2 yrs, and then replacement parts are needed. Burners difficult to light, ignition push button stops working. It makes grilling a chore instead of a joy. Overall the grill is nice in size and the stainless steel body helps to keep the appearance nice as well.

Original review: June 5, 2021

It’s smaller than our last grill but it works great! Fast and even cooking and so easy to clean. We used it the first time last weekend and fit 9 good-sized burgers. They were so juicy. Everyone asked about the grill.

Original review: June 4, 2021

I have used Charbroil gas grills for years. They are built well, easy to use, and do a super job of grilling. They come in any size you may need and are affordable. There are a huge variety of different styles. Whether you need two burner to four burner, or maybe you need a side burner. Charbroil grills offer it all. I would definitely recommend this grill.

Original review: June 4, 2021

It is usually good... the marinate so good. I love it. I will recommend it. The venue is also very nice. The service is so good. The quality is also quite good. The design is made keeping in mind the safety. Cleaning is also easy.

Original review: June 3, 2021

Very pleased with the size and ease of using this grill. We eat outside almost every night and love that we bought this grill. It looks nice as well for when we have company over. Last hurricane season it saved us being that it also has the side burner, as our electricity was out for almost a week. We made breakfast lunch and dinner on it.

Original review: June 3, 2021

These gas grills appear to be entry level and built to basic standards; however, they also tend to be 1/4-1/2 the price of many other brands. For a basic grill that should last a year or so outside and maybe 2+ years when stored out of the weather. Typically what I find with these kinds of grills is that the burners are typically the first to go.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Char-Broil grills are the best. They are easy to use and inexpensive. The newer grills are a waste of money. The Char-Broil grill does the same thing, if not better. Why spend a bunch of money for a high tech grill?

Original review: June 2, 2021

Char Broil Advantage grill good basic gas grill. Does not seem to have serious "hot spots". The one I have needs platform for gas tank to set on. Easy to start. Good shelf for warming items, but out of the way when open. Would recommend for the average "griller" that is not looking for the gourmet outside kitchen.

Original review: June 1, 2021

They offer so many different types of grills to fit your needs and they are priced great. I love my grill and wouldn’t trade it for anything. I am able to entertain a party or just do something simple for a quick meal.

Original review: June 1, 2021

It came with a deep fryer/propane/charcoal. Really nice especially when frying fish or chicken outside. Also to cook a rack of ribs on the charcoal side and hamburgers and hotdogs on the propane side for the kids.

Original review: May 31, 2021

The grills that I have bought from this company may not be very fancy and have any cool gadgets but they do the job of grilling the food well and they last a good long time before having to be replaced.

Original review: May 31, 2021

Great grill with plenty of grilling space. Heats foods at a very good high temperature. The propane tank last for over 4 months and I usually grill 3 to times a week. The side burner is great for any thing that requires cooking in a pot. Only draw back is the flame hooded cover's seem to need replacement every 7 or months.

Original review: May 30, 2021

It was pre-assembled so I liked that and it has been easy to maintain. The temperature is spread evenly across the grill surface. It is sturdy and looks nice, easy to replace tanks and move around my yard.

Original review: May 30, 2021

The price was what I was willing to pay for the size and structure of the product. It also had the features and so called bells and whistles I needed. Everything was easy to light and put together. Used many times, no problems.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Starter knob melted off and now I have to use a pliers to adjust the flame. The grease catcher is held on by a shaped wire. When you go to remove it it snaps the little cup just enough to spill the grease.

Original review: April 25, 2021

Bought my Charbroil at Lowe's assembled, in 2020. Used it only a few times. First time in 2021 I used it, within 5 min. two of the knobs melted. I should have blown out the gas tubes. Spider webs are the culprit. I've had this happen on a very expensive Ducane grill before and caught it before it overheated.

Original review: April 14, 2021

The firebox trough on my Char Broil Infrared 2 burner Grill rusted badly even though my grill was always kept clean and covered under a protected deck. When I visited the Char Broil Canadian website to buy a replacement trough, I was immediately directed to the American website. The photo depicting the firebox trough was extremely misleading. Once ordered, the part arrived promptly although freight cost more than the replacement part.

Upon opening the box I discovered the firebox trough was not included with the firebox assembly which was not at all clear in the single photo provide on the website. I contacted Char Broil to get a parts return authorization number and was informed that they were unable to provide me with one because they do not accept returns from Canada. They told me the actual part I needed was not displayed on their website because it was currently not in stock, but they would give me a $5 credit toward my next purchase. I have already invested $76 on a part/shipping that is totally useless to me. I do not intend to purchase anything else from a Company that has a non existent return policy because I live in Canada.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Ordered a replacement firebox. Wanted it fast so I paid $27.95 for two day shipping. As soon as I knew two days was a bust I started contacting them, by e-mail only way to get through to anyone anymore. Well four e-mails later no reply. No money returned for the extra paid to ship. If you can't give a service why would you offer it. Common thieves. I will tell all slam them every chance I can and never buy so much as a grill brush from Char-Broil again.

Original review: March 18, 2021

The grill I own is average at best, hint: purchase a Weber. The firebox troughs break down really quickly and have to be replaced at a cost of about 20% of the initial purchase price. I ordered what was supposed to be the correct parts direct from the company. When I went to replace them, they were too big. After contacting the company they basically told me that you can't return the brand new product for the correct part and to kick rocks. They did tell me to have a wonderful day though. I will sell the troughs online to attempt to recoup some money, and scrap the grill. Unfortunately that is pretty much all it is worth, the $5 in scrap. Avoid purchasing CharBroil products at all cost, and look for a quality option. They do not know how to treat loyal customers.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I have purchased many Char-Broil Gas Grills over the last 30 years. Every 4 years or so I would need to replace the grill because of rust. The burners always rust out, then the heat shields, the grates, the fire box, etc. It is cheaper to replace them than to buy the parts to repair them. One time I had the knob assembly (manifold) catch fire, it was extremely terrifying, so that adds to my concern with my current grill.

I purchased a new 4 burner grill, model # 463365021, on 12/28/20. I did not get a chance to use it until mid January. The first time I turned the grill on to burn off all the oils etc, I noticed there was a very large flame toward the front of the burner and it went across all four burners. The metal was actually glowing red. I used the grill a few times and the food would burn toward the front and would not even cook toward the back. So your steaks were either raw or burned! I took a video and went back to Lowes where I purchased the grill. After bouncing around to several different people one guy says "yeah, I purchased a new Char-Broil grill and mine does the exact same thing so it must be normal." I have owned many Char-Broil grills and have never had this problem.

I finally contacted Char-Broil. At first the guy said the burners or connecting pipes could have debris, spider webs etc in them causing the large flame. He instructed me take the burners and connecting pipes out and clean them, which I did. He also said to check the o ring on the regulator which was fine. After putting it all back together I still had the large flame. I sent updated photos showing the issue still existed.

After a few days I got the following response: "This is what the Product Manager for your grill had to say about this issue. What looks like a large flame is actually the steel on the carry over tubes discoloring from the heat. This is not unusual on an initial burn or until the material is seasoned. The large blue flame is because the carry over ports are larger than the portholes and is also normal. We do heat mapping on the grate surface using thermocouples placed in rows to map the entire surface. While it is normal for there to be cooler areas the heat map for this model and "toast tests" where bread is used to cover the entire cooking surface and evaluate sear marks over the entire surface this grill has pretty even heat. The images of the flame were taken on the high setting, which will typically only be used for preheat, but as stated earlier the discoloration should dissipate once the metal is seasoned."

The first issue is, they said the photo was taken on high heat, they can not make that determination from the photo, and for the record, it was not on high, it was on the lowest setting. Yes the metal is glowing red hot, but that is under the large flame. They are trying to say that what is shown in the photo is just the red metal and not a flame. I don't care about their mapping, this grill is very hot in front and not hot in the back. I am also concerned because as previously stated, I had one of these Char-Broil Gas Grills catch on fire due to a defective manifold. I feel Char-Broil is just trying to brush me off instead of admitting they have a problem.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Stay away from Char Broil. They do not honor their warranties. Trying to get a smoker box to replace my current box that is damaged. They keep sending me the same box which is the wrong box. Box old and new box have same Model and part number but the electrical wiring is different. They will not accept they changed the design and fix the problem. This has been going on for months.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

The grill worked great for over a year until, suddenly, the flame at the front of the grill began to grow and got so hot that it melted the four control knobs! I've written Char-Broil several times and have NOT RECEIVED ONE RESPONSE. Sorry, I can't sit on hold for 45 minutes to speak to someone on the phone but what's the point of Char-Broil having a Customer Service email if they refuse to respond to their customers? This was not my first Char-Broil grill but it's certainly going to be my last.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I bought a Char-Broil oven not long ago. It feels very easy to use, easy to operate, and the price is relatively cheap. The key is that the barbecue tastes very good and it is a good shopping experience!

Original review: July 10, 2020

Be very careful with CharBroil Grills - no support or spare parts are easily available - Buyer beware. Have tried to order parts and ordering site very repetitive and does not work. Have now spent over ONE (1) hour to order one part. - Pathetic.

Original review: July 5, 2020

I set up my grill and turned it on to make sure it worked. It seemed to work fine. The second time I turned it on to use it and grill, one of the knobs and metal rods connecting it to the grill melted off within 5 minutes of turning it on. I had to turn off grill from gas tank. I contacted customer service who has gone from being abysmally slow to respond to full on ghosting me. Don’t ever bother calling, they don’t answer calls. Ever. Before they stopped responding to my case on their website, they responded to my concern for my safety using this product by suggesting I purchase a replacement piece. They also said the knob melting off isn’t covered by the warranty. Additionally, they said that I shouldn’t use the grill as it’s not safe to use at the moment.

So, I’m currently in the process of purchasing a grill from a different company with a product that has a 10 year warranty. Now I have to figure out what to do with this CharBroil grill that is not safe to use and whose customer service representatives stopped responding. I cannot stress how horrendous the customer service has been. Also looking into possible legal channels to handle this. The knob that melted off is the one that turns the gas on/off at the burner. This is a dangerous product.

Char-Broil Gas Grills Company Information