2. Homeowners

Char-Broil Gas Grills

Char-Broil Gas Grills
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.99/5

Char-Broil Gas Grills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Char-Broil Gas Grills?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Char-Broil?

Original review: June 23, 2020

I received a Charbroil grill as a gift for my new deck and I was so very pleased with the aesthetics. It looks very nice and fits the decor. The overall performance is far better than other brands I've had. Grilling is a breeze and the food cooks evenly. Clean up I wish was a little easier for the overall upkeep. I would recommend Charbroil as a top outdoor grill choice. The quality and name have been around for years and the longevity of the products speaks for itself.

Original review: June 21, 2020

I like my Char-Broil gas grill. It has three burners which allows me to hit about any temperature level I want. The grilling grates are a one handed simple lift out for cleaning both them and the bottom of the grill if need be. The inside bottom is designed in a manner that makes clean up a breeze. This unit has side trays on both sides of the unit of decent size to hold any equipment you need for your grilling pleasure. The hood lift handle is always cool and easy to raise without fear of getting burned. The upper warmer or cooking crate is easily removed for when doing turkeys and whole hams.

Get buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2020

The grill was made very well, made to last for years. very simple to use. Very simple to clean. Price was fair, but I feel could of been lower. ALL GRILLS ARE OVERPRICED. I highly recommend the grill. I had my neighbor over for a cook out one evening. He liked my grill so much, he went out and bought himself one. I'm not being paid to say that. They are very good grills.

Original review: June 16, 2020

The grill has performed outstandingly and produces grilled foods exactly how you expect them to be grilled. My husband always said that grilling on this grill was always a pleasure and he enjoyed cooking on it. The ease in which it can be assembled and used was so beneficial to someone like me with no experience was a very pleasant surprise. Replacing gas tanks is relatively easy for just about any adult to do with ease.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I was very impressed because it looks like a real bbq grill and it’s electric. It’s a very good size for a big family, really happy when I cook it smells good the food comes out good. I need to watch si I don’t make it to dry. The only concern is that the rail of the grill when I cook the food sticks and it’s so so hard to remove. Everything sticks. I wish it was non stick.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Be very careful with CharBroil Grills - no support or spare parts are easily available - Buyer beware. Have tried to order parts and ordering site very repetitive and does not work. Have now spent over ONE (1) hour to order one part. - Pathetic.

Original review: July 5, 2020

I set up my grill and turned it on to make sure it worked. It seemed to work fine. The second time I turned it on to use it and grill, one of the knobs and metal rods connecting it to the grill melted off within 5 minutes of turning it on. I had to turn off grill from gas tank. I contacted customer service who has gone from being abysmally slow to respond to full on ghosting me. Don’t ever bother calling, they don’t answer calls. Ever. Before they stopped responding to my case on their website, they responded to my concern for my safety using this product by suggesting I purchase a replacement piece. They also said the knob melting off isn’t covered by the warranty. Additionally, they said that I shouldn’t use the grill as it’s not safe to use at the moment.

So, I’m currently in the process of purchasing a grill from a different company with a product that has a 10 year warranty. Now I have to figure out what to do with this CharBroil grill that is not safe to use and whose customer service representatives stopped responding. I cannot stress how horrendous the customer service has been. Also looking into possible legal channels to handle this. The knob that melted off is the one that turns the gas on/off at the burner. This is a dangerous product.

Original review: July 3, 2020

1st use of my grill caused paint to blister and peal, then begin rusting. Contacted customer service numerous times with no response. Finally they responded, “Rust isn’t covered by warranty.” Keep in mind, this occurred on day 1! Terrible quality and even worse customer service.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Upon receipt of our Smokey Joe’s smoker/grill combo, the temp gauge was defective. Tried to calibrate it - did not work. We promptly filed a warranty claim. Received an after-market lightweight replacement that ALSO was defective. Tried to calibrate it -did not work. Made several attempts to get the Smokey Joe’s temp gauge, only to find out weeks later Char-Broil now tells me they cannot provide the same part as is on the grill we purchased. Epic failure on char-Broil’s shoulders. Shame, shame on Char-Broil.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I purchased a Char Broil Infrared 2 burner gas grill several years ago and experienced extensive rust issues where the wheels actually rusted at the base and fell off including other extensive rust issues with the firebox having to replace the gas regulator, emitters and grates after the warranty expired. I liked the way the grill cooked the food that I decided to purchase another grill along with a heavier cover than Char Broil offers. Keeping this grill covered and protected on my deck did not keep it from starting to rust at the base and side panels to include rust at the wheel supports causing the right front wheel to fall off. I contacted Customer service who advised me keep my grill stored inside in the future but would not help with the current issues that I am experiencing for the second time with this style grill. Beware of these issues unless you plan to store indoors!

Char-Broil author review by ConsumerAffairs

Charbroil has been making and selling grills since 1948 and have been working ever since to make grilling even easier and more affordable. The company began by selling charcoal grills, but today they make a variety of types of grills, including the innovative Wi-Fi enabled smoker. Innovating isn’t new to Charbroill; over the last six decades they have introduced several new types of grilling to America, including portable, electric and gas with electric ignition grilling.

• Wi-Fi enabled smoker: The first of its kind, Charbroil’s Wi-Fi enabled smoker (the SmartChef) sends real-time updates and alerts through the cloud straight to your smart device so you can go about your day without constantly checking on your smoker.

• Community: The Charbroil community includes recipes, grilling tips, safety tips and more. The community pages are open to the public, so you don’t need to sign up for an email list to gain access to valuable grilling information.

• Order online: Charbroil has domestic and international shipping available, so you can order online, sit back and let your grill come to you. Shipping rates are based on the total amount of your order, and express rates are available if you need your grill in a hurry.

• Full refund: You can return your Charbroil grill for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Shipping costs will be refunded if the product arrived in error.

• Submit an idea: Charbroil welcomes ideas from customers around the world for new products and accessories. Fill out the “submit an idea” form on Charbroil’s website with your patented idea for a chance to contribute to Charbroil’s next big thing.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team