2. Homeowners

Char-Broil Gas Grills

Char-Broil Gas Grills
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5

Char-Broil Gas Grills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Char-Broil Gas Grills?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Char-Broil?

Original review: June 23, 2020

I received a Charbroil grill as a gift for my new deck and I was so very pleased with the aesthetics. It looks very nice and fits the decor. The overall performance is far better than other brands I've had. Grilling is a breeze and the food cooks evenly. Clean up I wish was a little easier for the overall upkeep. I would recommend Charbroil as a top outdoor grill choice. The quality and name have been around for years and the longevity of the products speaks for itself.

Original review: June 21, 2020

I like my Char-Broil gas grill. It has three burners which allows me to hit about any temperature level I want. The grilling grates are a one handed simple lift out for cleaning both them and the bottom of the grill if need be. The inside bottom is designed in a manner that makes clean up a breeze. This unit has side trays on both sides of the unit of decent size to hold any equipment you need for your grilling pleasure. The hood lift handle is always cool and easy to raise without fear of getting burned. The upper warmer or cooking crate is easily removed for when doing turkeys and whole hams.

Get buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2020

The grill was made very well, made to last for years. very simple to use. Very simple to clean. Price was fair, but I feel could of been lower. ALL GRILLS ARE OVERPRICED. I highly recommend the grill. I had my neighbor over for a cook out one evening. He liked my grill so much, he went out and bought himself one. I'm not being paid to say that. They are very good grills.

Original review: June 16, 2020

The grill has performed outstandingly and produces grilled foods exactly how you expect them to be grilled. My husband always said that grilling on this grill was always a pleasure and he enjoyed cooking on it. The ease in which it can be assembled and used was so beneficial to someone like me with no experience was a very pleasant surprise. Replacing gas tanks is relatively easy for just about any adult to do with ease.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I was very impressed because it looks like a real bbq grill and it’s electric. It’s a very good size for a big family, really happy when I cook it smells good the food comes out good. I need to watch si I don’t make it to dry. The only concern is that the rail of the grill when I cook the food sticks and it’s so so hard to remove. Everything sticks. I wish it was non stick.

Original review: April 25, 2021

Bought my Charbroil at Lowe's assembled, in 2020. Used it only a few times. First time in 2021 I used it, within 5 min. two of the knobs melted. I should have blown out the gas tubes. Spider webs are the culprit. I've had this happen on a very expensive Ducane grill before and caught it before it overheated.

Original review: April 14, 2021

The firebox trough on my Char Broil Infrared 2 burner Grill rusted badly even though my grill was always kept clean and covered under a protected deck. When I visited the Char Broil Canadian website to buy a replacement trough, I was immediately directed to the American website. The photo depicting the firebox trough was extremely misleading. Once ordered, the part arrived promptly although freight cost more than the replacement part.

Upon opening the box I discovered the firebox trough was not included with the firebox assembly which was not at all clear in the single photo provide on the website. I contacted Char Broil to get a parts return authorization number and was informed that they were unable to provide me with one because they do not accept returns from Canada. They told me the actual part I needed was not displayed on their website because it was currently not in stock, but they would give me a $5 credit toward my next purchase. I have already invested $76 on a part/shipping that is totally useless to me. I do not intend to purchase anything else from a Company that has a non existent return policy because I live in Canada.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Ordered a replacement firebox. Wanted it fast so I paid $27.95 for two day shipping. As soon as I knew two days was a bust I started contacting them, by e-mail only way to get through to anyone anymore. Well four e-mails later no reply. No money returned for the extra paid to ship. If you can't give a service why would you offer it. Common thieves. I will tell all slam them every chance I can and never buy so much as a grill brush from Char-Broil again.

Original review: March 18, 2021

The grill I own is average at best, hint: purchase a Weber. The firebox troughs break down really quickly and have to be replaced at a cost of about 20% of the initial purchase price. I ordered what was supposed to be the correct parts direct from the company. When I went to replace them, they were too big. After contacting the company they basically told me that you can't return the brand new product for the correct part and to kick rocks. They did tell me to have a wonderful day though. I will sell the troughs online to attempt to recoup some money, and scrap the grill. Unfortunately that is pretty much all it is worth, the $5 in scrap. Avoid purchasing CharBroil products at all cost, and look for a quality option. They do not know how to treat loyal customers.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I have purchased many Char-Broil Gas Grills over the last 30 years. Every 4 years or so I would need to replace the grill because of rust. The burners always rust out, then the heat shields, the grates, the fire box, etc. It is cheaper to replace them than to buy the parts to repair them. One time I had the knob assembly (manifold) catch fire, it was extremely terrifying, so that adds to my concern with my current grill.

I purchased a new 4 burner grill, model # 463365021, on 12/28/20. I did not get a chance to use it until mid January. The first time I turned the grill on to burn off all the oils etc, I noticed there was a very large flame toward the front of the burner and it went across all four burners. The metal was actually glowing red. I used the grill a few times and the food would burn toward the front and would not even cook toward the back. So your steaks were either raw or burned! I took a video and went back to Lowes where I purchased the grill. After bouncing around to several different people one guy says "yeah, I purchased a new Char-Broil grill and mine does the exact same thing so it must be normal." I have owned many Char-Broil grills and have never had this problem.

I finally contacted Char-Broil. At first the guy said the burners or connecting pipes could have debris, spider webs etc in them causing the large flame. He instructed me take the burners and connecting pipes out and clean them, which I did. He also said to check the o ring on the regulator which was fine. After putting it all back together I still had the large flame. I sent updated photos showing the issue still existed.

After a few days I got the following response: "This is what the Product Manager for your grill had to say about this issue. What looks like a large flame is actually the steel on the carry over tubes discoloring from the heat. This is not unusual on an initial burn or until the material is seasoned. The large blue flame is because the carry over ports are larger than the portholes and is also normal. We do heat mapping on the grate surface using thermocouples placed in rows to map the entire surface. While it is normal for there to be cooler areas the heat map for this model and "toast tests" where bread is used to cover the entire cooking surface and evaluate sear marks over the entire surface this grill has pretty even heat. The images of the flame were taken on the high setting, which will typically only be used for preheat, but as stated earlier the discoloration should dissipate once the metal is seasoned."

The first issue is, they said the photo was taken on high heat, they can not make that determination from the photo, and for the record, it was not on high, it was on the lowest setting. Yes the metal is glowing red hot, but that is under the large flame. They are trying to say that what is shown in the photo is just the red metal and not a flame. I don't care about their mapping, this grill is very hot in front and not hot in the back. I am also concerned because as previously stated, I had one of these Char-Broil Gas Grills catch on fire due to a defective manifold. I feel Char-Broil is just trying to brush me off instead of admitting they have a problem.

Char-Broil author review by ConsumerAffairs

Charbroil has been making and selling grills since 1948 and have been working ever since to make grilling even easier and more affordable. The company began by selling charcoal grills, but today they make a variety of types of grills, including the innovative Wi-Fi enabled smoker. Innovating isn’t new to Charbroill; over the last six decades they have introduced several new types of grilling to America, including portable, electric and gas with electric ignition grilling.

• Wi-Fi enabled smoker: The first of its kind, Charbroil’s Wi-Fi enabled smoker (the SmartChef) sends real-time updates and alerts through the cloud straight to your smart device so you can go about your day without constantly checking on your smoker.

• Community: The Charbroil community includes recipes, grilling tips, safety tips and more. The community pages are open to the public, so you don’t need to sign up for an email list to gain access to valuable grilling information.

• Order online: Charbroil has domestic and international shipping available, so you can order online, sit back and let your grill come to you. Shipping rates are based on the total amount of your order, and express rates are available if you need your grill in a hurry.

• Full refund: You can return your Charbroil grill for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Shipping costs will be refunded if the product arrived in error.

• Submit an idea: Charbroil welcomes ideas from customers around the world for new products and accessories. Fill out the “submit an idea” form on Charbroil’s website with your patented idea for a chance to contribute to Charbroil’s next big thing.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team