Char-Broil Gas Grills

Compare Barbecue Grills

Research top Barbecue Grills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

In 2004 I purchase a Char-Broil Commercial Series grill with a sticker on it stated it had a lifetime warranty on the brass burners, 99 year warranty on the stainless steel and diecast parts, 10 year warranty on the electronic ignition, and two years on any remaining parts. Now they are telling me none of the parts that I need will be covered because I have reached the manufacturer's maximum liability. What does" lifetime warranty" mean, 13 years. Now they offered me 15% off a new Char-Broil Grill. I will never purchase anything with a Char-Broil emblem on it again. They should not be allowed to put half-truths on display just to sell their product.

I purchased the Char Broil Performance TRU-Infrared 4 Burner Gas Grill thinking it was a quality grill but the stainless steel cooking grates rusted out and split within 3 years. This grill needs 4 grates at $28.99 each plus shipping of $20.00+, total bill being $136.91. Being a former business owner this seems to be a little on the high side. I would not recommend buying this grill if you are looking for quality. This grill now cost $584.91 for less than 3 years of use.

I bought the 4-burner stainless steel gas grill for Mother's Day just over a year ago. At first seemed OK. Then about a month in I noticed rust on the outside of the cover. I figured, "OK not a big problem." Now after a rainstorm my grates and inside of grill are rusted and nothing seems to bring it back to its original glory. I've tried baking soda and vinegar. I cover most of the time with a grill cover. "Did forget that one day" but never did I think I would be contemplating throwing a grill that's just a year old away. I am horrified with the quality. It is a pain in the butt to clean. No removeable tray... I guess that's what I get, my wife bought me a beautiful Kenmore and I returned it to get a PS4. Year later I purchase this piece. This will be the only time I ever buy charbroil products. Bought at Walmart for 169.00. Buyer beware. You can baby the ** out of this grill and it will still rust on you.

Purchased a replacement wheel for grill. Few weeks later my credit card account was hacked and an attempt to change credit card address and passwords was halted by me. Turns out Char-Broil data was breached and my financial info was shared by many. Received a letter from them 2 months after purchase about a long-standing history of high-quality products and support, and then told me to take care of the problem.

After several hours of contact with credit card company, credit agencies, FTC, attorneys general and police departments with very little compassion, it seems to be the general consensus of dealing with these numerous entities that I was responsible for all my problems. I have discovered an address of the supposed perpetrator who wanted to change my address and passwords and given this information to all parties involved but seems to have fallen on deaf ears. I thought it was a crime to steal other people's credit cards etc? The total lack of sincerity and compassion by Char-Broil will result as follows: my Char-Broil grill will be systematically destroyed and recycled. I will continue to spread this story to many.

I've always had Weber products in the past and was foolish enough to let a sale price persuade me into buying this horrible product. My grill is less than 1 year old and has already required to have the burner assembly, gas line hose and regulator, and grates replaced, not once but TWICE!!! I followed their seasoning instructions and day to day care to the letter and my grill is in no condition to cook upon. The 2nd set of grates are rusting, and the burner assembly once again only works on half of the burners. My Weber that I replaced with this piece of crap was 14 years old and the only reason I replaced it was I was looking for a cosmetic update, what a HUGE mistake.

Char Broil should be ashamed of their product and the poor customer service that their people put out. Of course... everything was my fault and they made it appear as if they were doing me a big favor by sending me off the replacement parts. To top it off... they expected me to pay the shipping. For God sake... this is an external product, it should made with exterior compatible parts. NEVER again will I buy Char Broil.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Char-Broil?

These products are DANGEROUS!! My grill blew up, nearly destroying my house were it not for the Fire Dept. Char-Broil will accept no responsibility. Thank God, no one was seriously injured, someone else may not be so lucky. Oh, they offered me a 15% discount on another grill, what a joke. I had $3000.00 worth of damage as a result of their faulty product.

I thought I would not be stingy and spend some good $$$ for a grill that I thought would last us awhile. NOPE. Do not buy the Char-Broil Performance 3-Burner TRU-IR Gas Grill MODEL 463270914. The grills/grates rusted within 1 year and that's pushing it. I was under warranty and complained about the rust. Keep in mind I treated this thing like my baby. It is great size and quite impressive looking. I kept it covered and under the backyard porch. Note I live in CA in the valley, no humidity or crazy rust weather conditions.

BACK to the complaint, they mailed me out replacement grills. I made sure to research the seasoning method just in case I missed something the first time. The replacements came in 2015, they've been rusted for the past 6 months now. It looks beautiful on the outside until you lift up that hood. Side burner is perfect, even the top little grill grate is perfect because it's what an actual grill/grate should be made of. I have everything documented about this. I wish I had the pics from the first set of grills. I just went outside to take pics of the grills right now. I bought this at Orchard Supply Hardware, and registered the product on Char Broil website. Purchased 05/2014. I have the purchased # and date/time on my OSH account. I have the emails of when they sent me my replacement grills. DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK!!! They should be ashamed and offer the poor suckers that bought this lifetime replacement grills since they're only good for 1 year!

CharBroil, forget customer service. Waste of time. They have you go through steps, but the steps are to disqualify you from any warranty service. Only to guide you to replacing grill and/or parts. Grill was on covered porch, covered, cleaned and still rotted away in less than a three year span. Went to turn on and glad I looked. Burners rotted away and were free floating. NEVER buy a Char-Broil grill.

I bought this Char-Broil infrared commercial grade gas grill about 6 years ago. Was supposed to be stainless steel. Paid 600.00 for it. This grill was keep covered and on a covered patio. First the burns rusted. Now the doors have started rusting. We live on a fixed income but this is a shame since it is made in America. It's a piece of crap. You people should provide the bottom portion of the grill.

Product 463436515 Infrared Char-Broil 3 burner - This is a complete cheap product and the reliability is nil. After 30 days you have to pay 4.95 for a replacement part even though they have a year warranty and 5 years on burners. If a product is so good, why doesn't this company honor a real warranty whereas there is no cost to consumer. I had to replace an igniter switch after 5 months, costs 6.95 (covered warranty), but had to pay 4.95 to have it shipped. Doesn't make much sense. I pray no other issues occur before I buy a real grill that stands behind its warranty. I bought this May 27, 2016. Never a Char-Broil again!

I purchased my Char-Broil gas grill from Lowe's on 9/10/12. Model 463244012 5 burner grill. I keep excellent care of the grill. I keep it covered in the summer on my deck, in my garage in the winter. I average using my grill once a week. It has never been exposed to rain or snow without being covered. I clean my grill once a month per the instructions in the owners manual. Since the purchase I have replaced the firebox, carryover tubes, flame tamers, and burners.

One of my grates is broken, the other cracked. My front doors to the grill have rusted off. My igniter quit after the first 18 months I registered my grill the day I bought it. On reporting the problem to Char-Broil they stated that the life of this stainless grill is 5 years? If this is the case, shame on Char-Broil and Lowe's for carrying such an inferior product. And it was listed as a Commercial Series? Sounds like false advertising?

Char Broil Advantage 3 Burner Grill - I purchased this grill 2 months ago. I went to use it and pushed the ignition button, and flames started shooting out the front. I will never purchase this product again!!!

Biggest piece of crap. Tired of buying cheap grills that only last a couple years so I invested in 5 burner Char-Broil. Purchased in 2013 for over 500$ and started noticing rust on the doors and base after the first full season of use. Went to fire it up last night and entire grill collapsed. Lured into the looks and so called function of these fancy grills but bottom line is they are made of the cheapest material. Btw my grill was always covered when not in use and primarily out of the weather. I intend on keeping the top and making a base. But rest assure I'll be back looking for the cheapest grill on the market in lieu of replacing any more components of this Char-Broil junk.

We bought our 4 burner, plus side burner, in 2012. In 2013 we replaced the igniter. We had to do it again in 2015 and now again, for the 4th time. As a senior citizen who is partially disabled, it is almost impossible to do myself. Customer service's "answer" is that the igniter has to be replaced yearly, obviously no one tells you that when you buy it. Despite having to go through 4 in 4 years, the grill is out of warranty and nothing else we can do but send the $4.95 part to you, nothing about having to spend $50 or more to have it done. GO WITH A MORE RELIABLE GRILL WHICH WON'T GIVE YOU PROBLEMS AND HEADACHES YEARLY. Once bought, Char-Broil could care less about your issues.

Worst assembly experience EVER because Char-Broil does not provide written instructions, only diagram instructions, then very confusing diagrams. I am mechanically and craft inclined and have put back together MGB's but twice got this grill assembled wrong, and after the second time figured I could live with the wheels on the wrong side since from what I saw in assembly, this is a product without an anticipate long useful life. Char-Broil said I could call if I ran into difficulty assembling the grill. I did - once, and after being told the wait was from 10 to 20 minutes hung up.

Can you imagine assembling something then every time you encountered a frequent snag having to wait 10-20 minutes for an answer, then probably from someone reading from a script who never assembled one of their own grills. If you purchase one assembled, compare the work to the diagram to ensure everything was done right because the cheap Chinese screws stripped, as did the locking nuts that I had to remove four times to try and get it right...

I purchased the 6 Burner Classic Char-Broil Gas Grill in May last year, it been cleaned and covered with a waterproof cover. The spark igniter failed, I replace the battery but to no avail. I called customer support for Char-Broil and they were happy to make me purchase another spark igniter. I explained the burner covers were severely rusted. The customer support rep emailed me a link to attach pictures of the rusted burner covers, which I did.

I called back to Char-Broil customer support within the next 24 hours and I explained my issue. The rep reply that my grill was out of warranty, and it would be $44.00 to replace the 5 rusted burner covers. No real show of concern, no customer goodwill gesture. Very poor customer service along with a poor quality grill. Spark igniter failed, extremely rusted burner covers on a grill protected from the elements. Uneven heat from the burners and overall poor performance. Very unsatisfied with the Char-Broil product and very poor customer service experience.

On June 22, 2012 I purchased from the manufacturer a 4-burner CharBroil infrared 5000 grill at nearly $600. The grill worked fine but rust is an issue. The emitters are rusted through but somewhat expected and the grates are considerably rusted as well. This would not be the case if stainless steel were used. The major issue is that the firebox is rusted through as well, not in the bottom from drippings but on the top edges that support grates and panels. these surfaces are not exposed to anything but heat and air. The grill is always covered after use with a heavyweight grill cover and the grill itself is under a covered porch. It was never exposed to rain or moisture. When I contacted CharBroil for help they said their grills are expected to last 4-6 years. So in average use mine should have lasted at least the 6 years thy consider average due to the care and protection it was given.

To make matters worse, the firebox is not available from them or any parts seller I or they could find. This renders the grill not repairable. Their replies were not helpful and their offer of 10% off and free shipping on a new grill are inadequate in my opinion. I highly recommend either getting a cheaper brand that you would expect to rust out or spend a little more and get something of better quality. I am not a future customer ever again.

Purchased 2 months ago at Ace Hardware, used 12 times. Last night while waiting for our Char-Broil Tru-Infrared Patio Bistro Model: 15601578 to heat up, (which takes forever to do) flames started shooting out. I lifted the top off and flames were 3 feet above grill. Emptied out brand new small extinguisher but fire was still high so I then got the water hose which finally took out the fire. Of course with guests over, barbecue dinner was canceled. Char-Broil needs to make sure their barbecues don't go up in flames, very dangerous.

We have used gas barbecues for over 40 years with no problems. Reason we went electric was we are seniors now and can't handle the large heavy gas tanks anymore. Reported fire to Char-Broil. We'll see what takes place from them. Not enough research was done on this product before company put it out to market for consumers. Nothing should be available that may cause fire and damage. Who knows what this fire could have done if it wasn't for our quick response. Lucky no harm was done to anyone or anything except the barbecue.

We spent almost $300 on what we thought would be a good long lasting grill. Well we were totally wrong!!! First the temperature gauge went out just 2 months after we got it. It gets entirely too hot no matter how low you have it. Cheap feeling material. And we always keep it covered but the lower part of it rusted so bad that the bottom part just fell apart completely! I will never buy another Char-broil grill again! This thing should have sold for $100 not $300!!!

I wanted a simple, no frills grill. Fine until recently. The burner is already shot. This grill did not contain lava rocks. Disappointed as no smoked meals.

Very basic. It does have two side trays. Needed a grill to fix in our car to replace a rusted out grill. Heats a little hot. Does not have a temperature indicator but added one. Started using a grill mat which should help keep it clean. It does have a warming rack and three burners are adequate to cook a good size meal. Easy to clean because the heat tents are held in by a bracket so you just pick them up.

5 burner with side warmer. Not good. Uneven heating from day one. Should have returned it. The back part of the burners on one side are too hot and burn food fast. Turning the heat all of the way to warm still heat the grill up past 600 so it real prohibits the ability to cook like we would like.

Fast warm up, little spatter. Heats up fast. Sears meat keeping juices inside. Best grill I've owned.

Stainless steel. Infrared style cooking surface. No flare-ups. Great all around grill.

Size is right, propane, stainless. Works great. We love this grill! We've cooked all types of meats and vegetables on it. The ability to adjust the heat makes cooking so easy!

Works great. Fires up every time. I grill out quite a bit. Nothing like sitting out on my deck with a thick juicy steak on the grill, glass of iced cold glass of tea. Smelling the awesome smell of. Can't wait to cut into that juicy ass steak. There is nothing like grilling out.

Stainless steel, 2 side shelves, interior burner cover. Husband loves it. I think it cooks ok.

199.99. 2 level, 4 main burners with side burners. This grill is the first gas grill I've ever owned. I used to be a coal kind of guy but this particular grill changed me for good! Easy to use and easy to store. It was assembled for me at the store and I've never had an issue with it. I've grilled anything from salmon steaks to chicken breasts, they all come out well and perfect. I really love the fact that it has 4 burners so I can manage heat zones as well. Great grill for the price!

Stainlesss steel with gray/black cover. 4 years. Excellent, high heat to low heat, perfect amount of cooking space for a couple and easy to keep clean. I really enjoy high heat searing and grilling. This grill does everything from thick steaks to delicate seafood and vegetables. Living in Florida we are able to grill year round. Very happy with the sturdy quality as well.

$240. Infra red grill temp gauges. New type of grill, said it would cook leaving the meat moisture and tender. 3 great years. Cooks without flare ups, does no burn with the flames from the grill. Heats the grill with no flames touching the meats or veg's. This grill made me a better griller. People think it's me. It's the infrared grill. It works so well I bought a second one for Holidays. A friend also purchased one a three burner just as great as the 2 burner. It's the heat at the grill top that cooks so well.

Compare Barbecue Grills