2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Champion Power Equipment Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Power Equipment?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Power Equipment?

Original review: June 15, 2020

Just bought a Champion pressure washer. Was shopping when I stumble on reviews about Champion. I had already a few ago a wood splitter from Champion and I am very satisfied with it. That gave me confidence about the pressure washer so I got one. Right from the first crank out of the box it nearly started. Same thing about the wood splitter. Very powerful and a charm to start. For the price, you can't beat it.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I bought the Champion 9000w generator. I run the entire house with plenty of power, it was easy to start with the electric starter, just put the oil in the motor and started right up, ran the generator for 2 hours with no problem. I recommend this brand.

Get buying tips about Generators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Ordered this little beauty last week and arrived today. The set up was as easy as could be, I had the wheels installed in under a minute, the support leg in another minute. Of note, there are rubber "boots" for the battery, make sure you slide them down the wire so you can cover the battery connection with them, if you take them off you can't get them on once you tighten the screws to the battery posts. A little trick there that the instructions don't cover. Beautiful unit, next hurricane we will have power.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

When I bought this product, it was not assembled from the retailer. I decided to assemble it at home. I was pleased to see that all the parts are well organized with directions that are easy to understand. This product started up on the first pull after I was finished putting it together. It splits wood like a champion!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I BOUGHT A 5500 WATT Champion GENERATOR AND IT EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS. It powered one 15000 BTU window a/c, one 10000 BTU a/c and one 8000 BTU a/c. An ice box, freezer and T/V and lights. It replaced an [OLD] champion 3500 generator. I needed a more powerful generator as I live near Houston Texas. I bought it 9-7-2019 and I am very happy with it. Thanks Champion for a great generator.

Original review: July 5, 2020

Better than expected. I Love my Champion 4700 watts generator. I am VERY HAPPY with it. Started the first time. Using propane. It's a well-built machine. It's VERY QUIET, the price was right. It got here in 3 days. The wheels and handle work Great. Bill S.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Really love the electric start. The fuel efficiency, the affordability. It's lighter but noisier than my last generator. Lastly the wheel kit makes it easy to maneuver. Enjoying working with this generator.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I love my generator. Built well! Works well! And quieter than any other generator I've owned. I recommend a Champion generator to anyone that needs one and stand by champion 100%. Don't hesitate. Get out and buy yours today.

Original review: March 16, 2020

Works perfectly, easy to mount and to start. The model I choose work with either gas or propane. Just plug a propane tank and ready to go. With electric starter no need to crank or anything else to do.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

I purchased a Champion generator 2018 and only after a few uses it exploded. This event has changed my life. I recieved 3rd degree burns on my legs and arms. I had to learn how to walk again. I'm a Volkswagen master technician certified 2018. I cant believe that this manufacture is still producing this unsafe generator and still selling it.

Champion Power Equipment author review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its beginning in 2003, Champion Power Equipment has expanded from its California base and opened locations in Tennessee, Wisconsin and Toronto. It has also expanded its product line to include portable, inverter and home standby generators for work, home and recreational use. Champion’s generators can operate using gas, propane or dual-fuel and include either a pull or electric start or wireless remote start.

• Home standby generators: Champion offers two models of home standby generators, giving your home a permanent backup power source. They connect to your Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) or natural gas system so you never need to refuel it. You can choose from an 8.5- or 12.5-kilowatt model. Transfer switches are sold separately.

• Inverter generators: Champion has 18 models of inverter generators, including gas, propane or dual fuel options, as well as pull-, electric- or wireless remote-start options. Their output range of 1,000-4,000 watts, coupled with their lightweight portability, makes Champion’s line of inverter generators optimal for RV and tent camping, hunting and fishing needs and events.

• Industrial generators: Champion’s industrial generators are designed to be portable and durable to make working on remote job sites like farms and construction easier. It has over 60 models of industrial generators ranging in output from 1,000-12,000 watts. They can be fueled by gas, propane or dual-fuel and have a pull-, electric- or wireless remote-start.

• Dealer locator: Champion does not sell all of its products directly to the public. They offer an online dealer locator to help you locate power equipment and home standby generators.

• Installation costs: Champion offers installation for their two models of home standby generators. A Champion dealer will give you an exact quote based on your needs, however, installation costs are additional and generally run around $2,000-$3,000 for a home standby unit.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team