Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

16 Champion Power Equipment Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 12, 2019

When my friend and I laid out all the parts in the crate.. Whoa!! What is all this? Turn out to be an easy project. It came together very easy and had it going in no time. Beer time included, we each had one. Took three pulls to fire it up and started splitting wood. Split a round 30"x 23" long with big nuts all over and it split easy. I live in a small mountain community and will show off my new Champion wood splitter to all. Will recommend it as well. Might mention there was a coupon for a T-shirt in paperwork. Went online, couldn't find the site? Thanks anyway Manny **. Now I have to do some work with my new splitter.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I choose the 3400/3100 with the electric and remote start, This Generator will be carried in the bed of my Ford 150 Crew cab for camping this spring, summer and fall in our 24 foot RV travel trailer. The videos and reviews I read said it could handle power needs even when air conditioning is needed in the hot valley of California. It can run air and the microwave. Two high need power functions at the same time.

I have used this unit in my backyard for 10 days as a way to break it in and try the different ways to start and run it. I am impressed how easy it is to move around. One handle raises so it is as easy to move as my wheel barrel. It has started on the first try every time. I called customer service with questions about the first oil change and he was very helpful. My unit costs about a third of some of the most common brands and I still would not have remote start.

Get expert buying tips about Generators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Living in Southwestern Ontario, we have been getting more ice storms during our winter months. We have had our electricity blacked out and lost contents from our freezer and fridge 3 times in 2 years. I decided to buy a portable generator to carry us through these times. I bought a 11500/9200 W generator that was on sale. It was easy to set up and run. We haven't needed to use it yet as a back up but looking forward to the abilities it will have for us.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Wow! The product (Champion 76533 Dual Fuel Generator) got here when promised. The packing was top notch and kept the product safe. The instructions made it a cinch to put together. After reading the instructions I set it up for LP fuel and after about 10 minutes had it running. It is about half as loud as my old DeVilbiss Generator which is fantastic! I simply love the wheels and handle that make it easy to move around. Don't even hesitate to buy this machine!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Purchased 3 days ago after going through yet another power failure. Plan to provide power to my freezer, fridge and television during the next outage. This product works great! Added the crankcase oil and Hitest gas with stabilizer and it started on the third pull with the temperature in the minus 12 Celsius range. Ran my table saw, circular saw and wood splitter during the break in period with no problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Power Equipment?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I am very pleased with the generator after an ice storm that knocked out land power. It has a very good shipping/handling container. Easy instruction to follow. Filled with oil/gas and it started on second pull. The next day moved it to my land power box. Started on first pull and ran power to my house. Much quieter than my old generator. Well worth the price.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I made the mistake of buying the 7-ton gas log splitter for my husband for Christmas. Big mistake. When the splitter failed to start on January 15, the Customer Service line was unhelpful and the Customer Service Rep even hung-up on my husband. Naturally, we tried returning it to Tractor Supply, but could only receive an in-store credit. So much for the warranty. Champion does not stand behind their products.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

This is what I was looking for. I am putting it on my side by side. The winch looks to be a good value for the money - can't beat it. I have not used it yet but sure I will be happy with it. The winch looks like it is well built.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Bought the generator for deer camp. Ran good the first day then it died. Went to pull spark plug out. It was cross-threaded. I finally got the plug out. A new one in will start and die two days. I messed with it. Third day it started up. Work fine couple days then the same thing. I will never buy another piece of Champion equipment.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Do not buy this or any products from Champion Power Equipment. They will not support it. I feel bad for the people trying to sell this junk. The motor didn't work outta the box, I called in the support like it says to. Did exactly what they told me to confirm it was all together, which it was, and they just wanted to argue with me. STAY AWAY FROM CHAMPION POWER EQUIPMENT!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I bought an electric start Champion generator. Very reasonable price. It's a 4750 starting watts, 3800 running watts. Starts so good just flip the switch! Of course it has a pull cord if the battery goes out, which the generator comes stock with. Well spent money.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We got a good deal on it and are pretty happy with our experience so far. We have played around with it and checked to make sure it starts when it needs to. It starts right up within a try or two. It's 5500 watts so I know it will power the fridge if we need it to. And it'll be Good to have if the power ever goes out. But I wish it didn't mind the cold and would start up right away. I keep it outside away from the kids and mainly have it in case the power goes out in the winter.

Original review: May 30, 2018

It's very nice and pretty perfect for my use and my family. I use it almost every summer and spring for back up and power outages. The power contained in the generator allows for prolonged power and back up in an emergency. I really love it and how it contains many outlets for you to plug in to and charge. I hope they make more and not change it at all.

Original review: May 24, 2018

It starts easy and is not very loud, it's also very easy to add gas to the unit. It's pretty simple to use and it also stands out being very bright yellow. But it's a tad on the heavy side of a generator of this size. Other than that, I really like it.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Champion is so far the best generator in the history of all mankind in my honest utmost opinion. I highly recommend this brand. It holds 5 gallons of high octane fuel and contains 2 quarts of royal purple for most desired running. It's compatible with literally any of your basic electric needs and it comes either gas or Diesel powered. It is capable of running over 8500 watts and has 10 110 power outlets. But I would install an electric start button or switch for faster and easier ignition. The machine itself is well more than capable of in during such a feature.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Champion generator puts out a lot of power and has multiple ports for 120 volt and 220 volt applications. It is a great machine that I use for work and recreation and has never let me down. I really like how fuel efficient it is being a tank of gas will last up to 8 hours sometimes. The only thing that is a little bad is how heavy it is. Sometimes I have trouble loading and unloading the generator by myself into my truck but it came with wheels so moving it around on the ground is really no problem. Every household should have a generator like this one in case of emergencies. We had our power out during hurricane Irma for over 4 days and without this generator me and my family would have had a very hard time dealing with the aftermath of the storm. I will buy another Champion generator.

Champion Power Equipment expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its beginning in 2003, Champion Power Equipment has expanded from its California base and opened locations in Tennessee, Wisconsin and Toronto. It has also expanded its product line to include portable, inverter and home standby generators for work, home and recreational use. Champion’s generators can operate using gas, propane or dual-fuel and include either a pull or electric start or wireless remote start.

• Home standby generators: Champion offers two models of home standby generators, giving your home a permanent backup power source. They connect to your Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) or natural gas system so you never need to refuel it. You can choose from an 8.5- or 12.5-kilowatt model. Transfer switches are sold separately.

• Inverter generators: Champion has 18 models of inverter generators, including gas, propane or dual fuel options, as well as pull-, electric- or wireless remote-start options. Their output range of 1,000-4,000 watts, coupled with their lightweight portability, makes Champion’s line of inverter generators optimal for RV and tent camping, hunting and fishing needs and events.

• Industrial generators: Champion’s industrial generators are designed to be portable and durable to make working on remote job sites like farms and construction easier. It has over 60 models of industrial generators ranging in output from 1,000-12,000 watts. They can be fueled by gas, propane or dual-fuel and have a pull-, electric- or wireless remote-start.

• Dealer locator: Champion does not sell all of its products directly to the public. They offer an online dealer locator to help you locate power equipment and home standby generators.

• Installation costs: Champion offers installation for their two models of home standby generators. A Champion dealer will give you an exact quote based on your needs, however, installation costs are additional and generally run around $2,000-$3,000 for a home standby unit.

• Best for: consumers wanting an industrial or portable generator.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs