4.00/5
Based on 10 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

10 Champion Power Equipment Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

This is what I was looking for. I am putting it on my side by side. The winch looks to be a good value for the money - can't beat it. I have not used it yet but sure I will be happy with it. The winch looks like it is well built.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Bought the generator for deer camp. Ran good the first day then it died. Went to pull spark plug out. It was cross-threaded. I finally got the plug out. A new one in will start and die two days. I messed with it. Third day it started up. Work fine couple days then the same thing. I will never buy another piece of Champion equipment.

Get expert buying tips about Generators delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Purchased 3 days ago after going through yet another power failure. Plan to provide power to my freezer, fridge and television during the next outage. This product works great! Added the crankcase oil and Hitest gas with stabilizer and it started on the third pull with the temperature in the minus 12 Celsius range. Ran my table saw, circular saw and wood splitter during the break in period with no problem.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Do not buy this or any products from Champion Power Equipment. They will not support it. I feel bad for the people trying to sell this junk. The motor didn't work outta the box, I called in the support like it says to. Did exactly what they told me to confirm it was all together, which it was, and they just wanted to argue with me. STAY AWAY FROM CHAMPION POWER EQUIPMENT!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I bought an electric start Champion generator. Very reasonable price. It's a 4750 starting watts, 3800 running watts. Starts so good just flip the switch! Of course it has a pull cord if the battery goes out, which the generator comes stock with. Well spent money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Power Equipment?

Original review: May 31, 2018

We got a good deal on it and are pretty happy with our experience so far. We have played around with it and checked to make sure it starts when it needs to. It starts right up within a try or two. It's 5500 watts so I know it will power the fridge if we need it to. And it'll be Good to have if the power ever goes out. But I wish it didn't mind the cold and would start up right away. I keep it outside away from the kids and mainly have it in case the power goes out in the winter.

Original review: May 30, 2018

It's very nice and pretty perfect for my use and my family. I use it almost every summer and spring for back up and power outages. The power contained in the generator allows for prolonged power and back up in an emergency. I really love it and how it contains many outlets for you to plug in to and charge. I hope they make more and not change it at all.

Original review: May 24, 2018

It starts easy and is not very loud, it's also very easy to add gas to the unit. It's pretty simple to use and it also stands out being very bright yellow. But it's a tad on the heavy side of a generator of this size. Other than that, I really like it.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Champion is so far the best generator in the history of all mankind in my honest utmost opinion. I highly recommend this brand. It holds 5 gallons of high octane fuel and contains 2 quarts of royal purple for most desired running. It's compatible with literally any of your basic electric needs and it comes either gas or Diesel powered. It is capable of running over 8500 watts and has 10 110 power outlets. But I would install an electric start button or switch for faster and easier ignition. The machine itself is well more than capable of in during such a feature.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Champion generator puts out a lot of power and has multiple ports for 120 volt and 220 volt applications. It is a great machine that I use for work and recreation and has never let me down. I really like how fuel efficient it is being a tank of gas will last up to 8 hours sometimes. The only thing that is a little bad is how heavy it is. Sometimes I have trouble loading and unloading the generator by myself into my truck but it came with wheels so moving it around on the ground is really no problem. Every household should have a generator like this one in case of emergencies. We had our power out during hurricane Irma for over 4 days and without this generator me and my family would have had a very hard time dealing with the aftermath of the storm. I will buy another Champion generator.

Champion Power Equipment expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its beginning in 2003, Champion Power Equipment has expanded from its California base and opened locations in Tennessee, Wisconsin and Toronto. It has also expanded its product line to include portable, inverter and home standby generators for work, home and recreational use. Champion’s generators can operate using gas, propane or dual-fuel and include either a pull or electric start or wireless remote start.

• Home standby generators: Champion offers two models of home standby generators, giving your home a permanent backup power source. They connect to your Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) or natural gas system so you never need to refuel it. You can choose from an 8.5- or 12.5-kilowatt model. Transfer switches are sold separately.

• Inverter generators: Champion has 18 models of inverter generators, including gas, propane or dual fuel options, as well as pull-, electric- or wireless remote-start options. Their output range of 1,000-4,000 watts, coupled with their lightweight portability, makes Champion’s line of inverter generators optimal for RV and tent camping, hunting and fishing needs and events.

• Industrial generators: Champion’s industrial generators are designed to be portable and durable to make working on remote job sites like farms and construction easier. It has over 60 models of industrial generators ranging in output from 1,000-12,000 watts. They can be fueled by gas, propane or dual-fuel and have a pull-, electric- or wireless remote-start.

• Dealer locator: Champion does not sell all of its products directly to the public. They offer an online dealer locator to help you locate power equipment and home standby generators.

• Installation costs: Champion offers installation for their two models of home standby generators. A Champion dealer will give you an exact quote based on your needs, however, installation costs are additional and generally run around $2,000-$3,000 for a home standby unit.

• Best for: consumers wanting an industrial or portable generator.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs