Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Champion Power Equipment Reviews

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I bought the Champion 9000w generator. I run the entire house with plenty of power, it was easy to start with the electric starter, just put the oil in the motor and started right up, ran the generator for 2 hours with no problem. I recommend this brand.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Ordered this little beauty last week and arrived today. The set up was as easy as could be, I had the wheels installed in under a minute, the support leg in another minute. Of note, there are rubber "boots" for the battery, make sure you slide them down the wire so you can cover the battery connection with them, if you take them off you can't get them on once you tighten the screws to the battery posts. A little trick there that the instructions don't cover. Beautiful unit, next hurricane we will have power.

Get expert buying tips about Generators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

When I bought this product, it was not assembled from the retailer. I decided to assemble it at home. I was pleased to see that all the parts are well organized with directions that are easy to understand. This product started up on the first pull after I was finished putting it together. It splits wood like a champion!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I BOUGHT A 5500 WATT Champion GENERATOR AND IT EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS. It powered one 15000 BTU window a/c, one 10000 BTU a/c and one 8000 BTU a/c. An ice box, freezer and T/V and lights. It replaced an [OLD] champion 3500 generator. I needed a more powerful generator as I live near Houston Texas. I bought it 9-7-2019 and I am very happy with it. Thanks Champion for a great generator.

Original review: April 12, 2019

When my friend and I laid out all the parts in the crate.. Whoa!! What is all this? Turn out to be an easy project. It came together very easy and had it going in no time. Beer time included, we each had one. Took three pulls to fire it up and started splitting wood. Split a round 30"x 23" long with big nuts all over and it split easy. I live in a small mountain community and will show off my new Champion wood splitter to all. Will recommend it as well. Might mention there was a coupon for a T-shirt in paperwork. Went online, couldn't find the site? Thanks anyway Manny **. Now I have to do some work with my new splitter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Power Equipment?

Original review: March 16, 2020

Works perfectly, easy to mount and to start. The model I choose work with either gas or propane. Just plug a propane tank and ready to go. With electric starter no need to crank or anything else to do.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

I purchased a Champion generator 2018 and only after a few uses it exploded. This event has changed my life. I recieved 3rd degree burns on my legs and arms. I had to learn how to walk again. I'm a Volkswagen master technician certified 2018. I cant believe that this manufacture is still producing this unsafe generator and still selling it.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I choose the 3400/3100 with the electric and remote start, This Generator will be carried in the bed of my Ford 150 Crew cab for camping this spring, summer and fall in our 24 foot RV travel trailer. The videos and reviews I read said it could handle power needs even when air conditioning is needed in the hot valley of California. It can run air and the microwave. Two high need power functions at the same time.

I have used this unit in my backyard for 10 days as a way to break it in and try the different ways to start and run it. I am impressed how easy it is to move around. One handle raises so it is as easy to move as my wheel barrel. It has started on the first try every time. I called customer service with questions about the first oil change and he was very helpful. My unit costs about a third of some of the most common brands and I still would not have remote start.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Living in Southwestern Ontario, we have been getting more ice storms during our winter months. We have had our electricity blacked out and lost contents from our freezer and fridge 3 times in 2 years. I decided to buy a portable generator to carry us through these times. I bought a 11500/9200 W generator that was on sale. It was easy to set up and run. We haven't needed to use it yet as a back up but looking forward to the abilities it will have for us.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I am very pleased with the generator after an ice storm that knocked out land power. It has a very good shipping/handling container. Easy instruction to follow. Filled with oil/gas and it started on second pull. The next day moved it to my land power box. Started on first pull and ran power to my house. Much quieter than my old generator. Well worth the price.

Champion Power Equipment expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its beginning in 2003, Champion Power Equipment has expanded from its California base and opened locations in Tennessee, Wisconsin and Toronto. It has also expanded its product line to include portable, inverter and home standby generators for work, home and recreational use. Champion’s generators can operate using gas, propane or dual-fuel and include either a pull or electric start or wireless remote start.

• Home standby generators: Champion offers two models of home standby generators, giving your home a permanent backup power source. They connect to your Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) or natural gas system so you never need to refuel it. You can choose from an 8.5- or 12.5-kilowatt model. Transfer switches are sold separately.

• Inverter generators: Champion has 18 models of inverter generators, including gas, propane or dual fuel options, as well as pull-, electric- or wireless remote-start options. Their output range of 1,000-4,000 watts, coupled with their lightweight portability, makes Champion’s line of inverter generators optimal for RV and tent camping, hunting and fishing needs and events.

• Industrial generators: Champion’s industrial generators are designed to be portable and durable to make working on remote job sites like farms and construction easier. It has over 60 models of industrial generators ranging in output from 1,000-12,000 watts. They can be fueled by gas, propane or dual-fuel and have a pull-, electric- or wireless remote-start.

• Dealer locator: Champion does not sell all of its products directly to the public. They offer an online dealer locator to help you locate power equipment and home standby generators.

• Installation costs: Champion offers installation for their two models of home standby generators. A Champion dealer will give you an exact quote based on your needs, however, installation costs are additional and generally run around $2,000-$3,000 for a home standby unit.

• Best for: consumers wanting an industrial or portable generator.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team