CastleRock Pools and Spas

Katy, TX

Compare Pool Companies

Research top Pool Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

To update an earlier post, we are still dealing with a spa that leaks and a lien on our house from a sub that was not paid. At this point, we've had 4 leak detections and 4 repairs to the tune of $3600. The latest involved jack-hammering the deck and spa interior, and we are awaiting a re-plaster of the spa. Our main issue is that Jim ** sold us a pool in Oct. 2009, knowing that he had an incompetent builder as a partner and was in the process of dissolving Castlerock. Still, he sat at our kitchen table and sold us a pool/spa. There has been no help or support from Jim ** in resolving the problems in the pool he sold. We hope he never sells another pool again.

FOLLOW UP: Jim B. of CastleRock Pools and Spas has agreed to pay us back the $4,500 he owes us. I tried to remove this post, but the site moderator won't allow me to.

They finished our pool, shortly after we paid in full. Three weeks later, a subcontractor contacted us that we owed $4,500, or they would put a lien on our house. We paid it. The owner, Jim, said he wanted to "make it right", but has shown nothing but arrogance, and lack of remorse for ripping us off. He is opening a new business (Fort Bend Pools and Spas), and I will do my best to warn people against doing business with this man. I paid $4,500 over the amount that was contracted to finish the pool.

CastleRock did not complete our pool as contracted, closed their doors to reorganize, or something, leaving us with a pool that leaks and liens on our house as they stopped paying subs. We are contracting a leak detection service to determine why our yard is a swamp, and hope that the salesman / owner lives up to his promise to make good on the pool he sold us. I am not sure or confident that will happen, but I need to resolve the issues that this company left us to deal with.

CastleRock did not finish their work and did not pay their bills to the subcontractors. As a result, the subcontractors placed liens on the homeowner’s properties and CastleRock closed their doors expecting to reopen later as CastleRock or Fort Bend Custom Pools. I’ve got $5,000 in liens and unfinished work, including repair of a leak.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CastleRock Pools and Spas?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

CastleRock Pools and Spas Company Profile