This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Candu is an online home solutions provider that does the legwork of finding a repair professional for you. You tell them what’s wrong, and they choose a pro near you who specializes in those repairs to do the job. The company taps into an extensive network of local professionals that it handpicks based on experience, background checks and high customer ratings. Candu offers both diagnostic and fixed-rate (flat-fee) pricing that varies by trade. With fixed-rate pricing, you know what the total cost is before work starts. Candu Pros repair heating, air conditioning, electrical systems, plumbing, garage doors and most appliances, including your oven, washer, dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, garbage disposal and more. Candu is available in Atlanta, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Denver and Memphis, and the company has plans for nationwide expansion.
With Candu, booking online is fast and easy. You get professional home repairs at simple, fair prices. Candu requires background checks and handpicks each Candu Pro in its network, and all work is guaranteed for six months.
- Convenient online booking
- Background checks required
- Fixed rates on some repairs
- 6-month satisfaction guarantee
- Not yet in every market
- Must pay part of repair cost upfront
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
How Candu works
The Candu repair process works in three simple steps:
- Tell them what needs to be repaired: Log in to Candu’s website to request service. The company asks for your ZIP code and a few other details. This helps Candu determine your pricing options.
- The company sends a Candu Pro: Agree to the price, and the company sends a highly rated Candu Pro to get started. Each Candu Pro must pass a background check before working with the company.
- Your satisfaction is guaranteed for six months: After the repair is completed, Candu backs that work for six months as part of the Candu Will Do Guarantee. If issues persist, Candu will send a pro out to complete additional repairs at no cost until you’re satisfied.
Candu offers flat-rate pricing on many repairs — if your issue is one the company can troubleshoot online, Candu shows you a price that includes parts and labor before a Candu Pro arrives at your house. The company bases its pricing off similar repairs in your area for your appliance.
For flat-rate repairs, the company charges an upfront fee to book your Candu Pro visit, and the rest is due after the repair is completed. All work is guaranteed for six months.
Candu also offers a diagnosis-only service that lets you receive a quote for parts and labor to fix your issue.
If you choose to replace your appliance, the company’s Candu Upgrade Program provides discounts on GE appliances and includes free delivery, installation and removal of your old appliance.
Candu DIY content
Candu offers a growing library of free do-it-yourself tips and videos. This lets you try a quick fix yourself before you book service – potentially saving you the cost of repair. The company’s DIY pages provide clear instructions on how to troubleshoot a problem, and many include videos that provide visual instructions.
Topics in the DIY section cover many common problems, including leaking washing machines, malfunctioning ice makers and clogged drains.
- Can Candu replace my appliance?
- If a repair can’t be made, Candu members may be eligible to replace their old appliance and save on a wide selection of new appliance models through the Candu Upgrade Program. The program includes delivery, installation and haul-off of your old appliance.
- What is the Candu Will Do Guarantee?
- All repairs and replacements are guaranteed for a full six months by your Candu Pro. If there are any further issues with the same part or component, the Candu Pro will come out again to fix it at no additional cost to you.
- How does Candu select its Candu Pros?
- Candu hand-picks its Candu Pros based on their experience and customer ratings. Candu Pros (and their technicians) are required to have background checks so you feel comfortable letting them into your home.
Is Candu worth it?
We recommend Candu because of the many benefits that come with working with the company. Candu takes away much of the stress and time typically involved with getting someone to your house to make a repair. Booking online is quick and easy, and Candu’s pricing is fair. The benefit of having access to Candu’s select technicians removes risk and gives you peace of mind about the repair process. If these benefits are appealing to you, Candu is definitely worth a look.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,143,414 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Very easy to schedule appointments, repair was quick and prompt! Appliances are hard to come by these days... The ones I looked to purchase were on back order for a couple of months. Being able to salvage and get more use out of my appliance for very reasonable cost is a great help! Thank you!
Candu Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.