4.1/5 (735 ratings)

About Cal Spas

With over 35 years of experience, Cal Spas is a provider of luxury spas and accessories. We pride ourselves in being a top Global Manufacturer of Home Resort Products.

Innovation and technological advancements are top priorities when crafting Cal Spas products. Built with more standard features and designer appeal, our products are a great addition to any outdoor space.

Pros

• Customizable jet configurations
  • Warranty on all models
  • Hydrotherapy massage features

Cons

• No instant trade-in quotes
  • Prices found through local dealers

Bottom Line

Cal Spas offers a range of highly customizable hot tub models with a variety of seating options and jet configurations. All of its hot tubs come with a standard warranty, but pricing estimates aren’t available online.

Cal Spas Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cal Spas?

Original review: June 4, 2009

I own a Cal Spas hot tub. Pretty much everything that could possibly go wrong with it has. Jets, valves, sensors, pressure switches, cover, motor, impellers, just to name a few off the top of my head. Living in the Las Vegas area, would you believe that there is only one company who Cal Spas will allow to do repairs or sell their products to and of course, their rates are extremely high. I spent $900.00 a year and a half ago on a new motor because of course, mine quit working and it was not covered under warranty due to my "specific model".

The day it was installed, it began pumping water out of a seal on the motor, the serviceman had to pull it back apart and replace the seal. That's pretty sad for being a brand new motor that cost me $900.00. Well now the other seal began leaking and the impeller burned out. I called Cal Spas once again and low and behold, I am not able to purchase just an impeller, but I am told I have to replace the entire pump mechanism. Not only do I have to replace the entire mechanism, but I also have to contact the one dealer in Las Vegas (Golden West) in order to get a part because Cal Spas won't sell it to me. It is sad to see such a large spa company such as Cal Spas have such poor quality products, and then not be willing to help the consumer out when those parts need to be replaced. My next step is to scrap my spa and start over with a different company and hope that my experience will be much better this go around. It's no wonder why Cal Spas is on the brink of going under.

Original review: June 4, 2009

In January 2007, we bought the top of the line ($9,000.00) hot tub from these folks. At the time of purchase, they assured us that all the features that we had agreed on would be on the tub. When it arrived at our house and they were installing it, we noticed it didn't have the waterfall as agreed to. My husband told the installer that the company could take it back. We finally agreed that in place of the waterfall, we would take a set of steps as replacement. Now, two years later, a plastic (metric) screw that somehow comes out from one of the pumps broke into and we can't find a replacement anywhere. The place where we bought the tub moved to another town (Springdale, AR) and has since closed. We feel that as soon as the tub was purchased and they got their money (in cash) they washed their hands of us and any guarantee that was ever promised. Not once did they ever call to see how we liked the tub and how everything was going. We have yet to find this little plastic part. The threads are metric so anything close to it won't even fit. My husband has a pretty good head on his shoulders, but he says that was the worst mistake of his life, buying this tub. If you’re thinking about purchasing a Cal spa, think again because if you’re not careful, you too will end up with a lot of empty promises.

Original review: May 7, 2009

I bought an expensive Cal Spas several years ago. It ended up leaking and Cal Spas actually replaced the spa with a brand new one. This spa is about $6,500 and we have had nothing but problems with this ever since. It is always broken. I got nowhere with Cal Spas repair and an independent spa repair guy told me that Cal Spas has terrible customer service. He has nothing but problems with Cal Spas. I would never, ever take another Cal Spas even if it were given to me for free! Not recommended!

Original review: May 6, 2009

I bought a spa with TV. When installed, the TV had to be replaced within 5 days. One week later, 2 pumps had to be replaced. Another week went by, another pump needed replacement. One month later, another pump replacement as well as replacing all the led lighting. The new led lighting failed within another month. Repeated contacts to company and to Cal Spas (over 100 calls and emails) were never returned. $15,000 spent on a hot tub, which to this day just sits on the patio. Oh, did I mention that it leaked from day one and 4 jet nozzles have broken out? The fancy stone exterior walls will not fit. I would never buy any product from Cal Spas ever. No warranty honored, no return correspondence of any kind.

Original review: April 22, 2009

In September 2008, I reported our spa being cracked. Still being under warranty, it is now April 2009 and I’m still getting a runaround. In January 3009, I was told they were manufacturing a new tub for us on February 15th. They would get back to me with the delivery date. Today, I was asked to take more pictures and send them in. They have done this twice but now I have to do it again. I called the factory to talk to them myself but they needed the claim number. I cannot even get that from the service department.

I call an average of once a week because 99.9% of the time my phone calls are not returned. This package cost me over $10,000; now I cannot even get honest answers. And no spa! This is very upsetting! The factory will not talk to you. I suppose they do not want this report filed against them. Money was not well spent here.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2009

I bought spa cover in Feb. 2008. By September, the cover started to crack and leak. I contacted Cal Spa about the defective cover. They would not do anything about the damaged cover. I filed a claim with BBB in October 2008. BBB has done nothing to help me. Cal Spa has been lying to me about ordering new. They tell me it's on order but it never shows up. This has been going on for 5 months now. I don't know where or who to turn to for resolution. Any information from someone in your office would greatly be appreciated.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2009

In May of 2008, they came and removed my pump/motor for warranty work. I was charged $75.00 and they lost the parts. I call weekly with no results. If you try calling the factory, they say it's not their problem. I have a Cal Spa that is not worth having.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2009

We purchased our Aq800 Plus spa in Sept. 2005 and it was delivered and set up in Nov. 2005. We have followed the required maintenance schedule as outlined in the operating manual and all chemical standards have been met using chemicals purchased from Cal Spa. We have operated the spa as directed in the operating manual. For the last year, our jet covers have been popping off frequently. Now they will not even stay on. After examination, we have discovered that the jet inserts are disintegrating. I contacted Cal Spas and was directed to the Warranty Dept. After speaking several times to both Elaine and Tiffany, I was informed that jet inserts are a replaceable service item and not covered under the warranty. I was directed to read my warranty that is located on the last page of my owner's manual. After review of said warranty, I noted that under the plumbing section, it states Sure-Flo jet inserts and all factory plumbing and Elimator Plus wet end from loss of water due to defects in material and workmanship for a period of five years from the original date of purchase. Cal Spa is not honoring our purchase agreement. If I had known that this replaceble service item would have to be replaced in less than 3 1/2 years, I would not have purchased my spa.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2009

We have had our Cal Spa for 10 years. Within the first year, we had to replace both the circuit board and the motor. Since then, we've replaced both 3 more times. I'm certain there's not much we can do about it now, except to give all consumers planning to purchase a spa in the near future, advice: NEVER BUY A CAL SPA.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2009

Purchased a Cal Spa on 04/30/2007. On 10/20/2008 I filed a claim because there is a crack in the spa inside area and cracks around the edge. I have been calling for 3 months. Every time, I get put on hold or transferred to Mr. **'s voicemail and he never returns any calls. I received a letter on 11/25/2008 addressing the outside area with what they called crazing and they will not cover. But no response to the crack inside the spa, which is now losing water every day. I have sent pictures of the crack 3 different times and filled out all forms that were sent to me. First person I talked to was D ** then Amy - both no longer with this company. I can get no one to answer my problem as this spa has a 10-year warranty on shell, 5-year on interior surface. I have all receipts and paperwork.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2008

We purchased our spa from Cal Spas. HUGE MISTAKE. One jet did not work from the first day they dropped it off, we started getting bubbles in the shell of the spa where the fiberglass of the spa was actually rising up. We have to turn off and on the circuit breaker as the motor never turned on and off by itself for the jets to come on. We have three cracks in our tub as well. We called, went to Cal Spas, e-mailed. When we asked for Steve, they would tell us that he was not in, away, no cell # oh yeah and he has no boss to speak to. They never came out to fix the tub, nobody called back to even acknowledge us.

I filed a BBB claim and all of a sudden Steve (the owner) called. They came took the hot tub to allegedly send it back to California and Steve (the owner) said it can't be repaired we would have to get a new one. We should wait 40 days. Well guess what 40 days is up and Steve is on vacation, no word from Steve no word from Cal Spas and no hot tub. We have no hot tub after 8,000.00. I want my money back. I am sick of Cal spas. I don't even know if we will get it back and if we do will it be fixed? Of course the warranty is up in like 4 months.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2008

I contacted them regarding the jets in my 31 jet spa are breaking down and falling out. The white plastic gets brittle and falls apart. There are many complaints on the internet of the same problem. When I talk to them, she just states it isn't covered under warranty and I would have to present my case to the Warranty Review Board to try to get them recalled. I will be doing that also but wanted to file a complaint with you so that other people do not waste their money on a Cal Spa because the company does not stand behind their product.

Since we purchased the spa in Sept 2004, we have had to have the pump replaced, pressure switch replaced, heater replaced and now all 31 jets have fallen out. We don't have one jet left that hasn't broken down and fallen apart. I feel there should be a recall on an item that does not hold up.

The cost to replace the jets is very high and from what I was told from the service department, the new plastic isn't any better.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2008

On 1-21-1995 we bought a new spa,new gazebo, and a new pool table. Within one week the finish came off the pockets, in two weeks the finish came off the wooden sides. all I got was a run around promises from the local cal spa dealer and promises from the corporate office in pomona ca. then the local cal spa dealer went out of business.

I was told that the bakersfield store would take care of my problems they called and said they had everything in and that they were waiting for authorization to do the work. while waiting cal spas sold out to someone else (that owns it now) and they refused to take care of anything. I got a letter from them. it said. they were sorry for my problems but it was not there problem. It was the local stores problem (that was closed)They said they just manufacturer the product they don't stand behind ther product. So to anyone looking to buy anythig from cal spas DON'T they don't stand behind any of ther products.

as a result my wife just got tired of fighting with cal spas as I believe most consumers do so we gave the pool table to my son and gazebo fell apart so all total we were out $2000.00 for the pool table and 3500.00 for the gazebo. its been a long time but while cleaning out my files I found this and got angry again. Which makes you feel helpless and not want to make any major purchases.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2008

I bought a hot tub from William. I learned that the commission went to ms. M. William is an expert on fixing our troubles with the tub. And when we ask for him to come back. They say he no longer works there. A tech named Donnie came out, and he did not know what he was doing. I want to send the tub back. I am sick of this. May go to Hot Tub Heaven

Original review: Sept. 4, 2008

I bought a hot tub from William. William is an expert on fixing our troubles with the tub. And when we ask for him to come back. They say he no longer works there. A tech named Donnie came out, and he did not know what he was doing. I want to send the tub back. I am sick of this.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2008

I have had a PS4 spa purchased in 93 ($7000)I have had valve problems freezing up and braking! Now I'm told no handles are available or parts. This tub has been well taken care of and Cal Spa has basiclly told me to throw it away and purchase another.

I would like people to no what to expect if they purchase a cal spa. Always ask about replacement Parts from amy Manufacturer.

Original review: July 13, 2008

Original review: July 13, 2008

I purchased a Cal Spas 6 person Spa from Backyard Splash in Scottsdale, Arizona in 2006 and have had nothing but problems with it. Backyard Splash refuses to fix any problems or financially rectify the situation and they now do not return any phone calls. Cal Spas also did nothing the rectify the problem except telling me how much it will cost to fix a spa one and a half years old. Cal Spas without a doubt has an inferior product and terrible custormer service. They refuse to back their product and obviously do not care about the consumer. Fortuneately, I have been able to steer several customers away from buying a Cal Spas product and will continue to do so. The problems with my spa range from 3 different leaks, damaged wood around the spa, a bad heating unit, and constant run time for the pump.

Original review: June 29, 2008

after 3 years of very light use, my jets began popping out. I was told that my water was not hard enough(?). I replaced 2 jets. Then 4 jets. Now my dealer tells me that everyone is having problems with the jets becoming soft and brittle and breaking down and that Cal Spa does not offer any relief.

I am out approximately $500 for replacing all the jets in my tub - as well as the time I've spent getting to the real reason for the problem. I think a class action suit would be appropriate.

Original review: June 25, 2008

We bought a Cal Spa V-600 hot tub from Turbo Tubs in September of 2004. In November of 2007 we contacted Turbo Tubs because our hot tub kept shutting off after it reached its temperature. It showed an OH on the screen. After bothering them almost daily for months -- they finally sent us a new sensor set in January and we replaced it. That did not work. We continued to call them -- they still would not come to our house but told us to try using muriatic acid to clean out the deposits in the lines. We tried that several times. It didn't work either.

We continued to call and they finally sent someone to our house on April 1st. They replaced the sensor set again and left before it had a chance to heat up. The problem still hasn't been solved. We continued to call Jay until he finally agreed to order a mother board. We have been told that it would be in within 5 to 10 days. We are now in the end of June and were told that the part was sent from Cal Spa to New Jersey instead of Illinois. No one will take responsibility or help us with a tub that is still under warranty. Basically we have a expensive lawn ornament with tepid water. Any ideas of where we can proceed?

We are stuck with a lawn ornament with tepid water in it. We haven't been able to use our hot tub for 8 months.

Original review: June 12, 2008

I purchased a Cal Spa almost five years ago, and with the exception of a heater or pump (I cant remember which) that needed to be replaced a couple years ago, I have had no problems with it until February of this year. The company I purchased it from is out of business but they handled the repair quickly.

One evening, in February, my daughter saw smoke billowing from the hot tub; first white and then turning black! My husband was able to put out the fire after removing the access panel. Fortunately, none of the surrounding deck was damaged. I immediately called the company as the tub is still under warranty. Here my nightmare begins

They first told me to contact a repair person who would take pictures and give them his opinion of the fire. When Roy, the repairman, was here, he told me that the tub would have to be totally replaced because of the very extensive damage. Looking at the tub, one wouldnt know there was a problem but underneath it is a disaster. We were able to get the cover off it before it was damaged except it reeks of smoke and melted foam. I am chemically sensitive, so the smell permeating the air while I would be tubbing is unacceptable. Of course the company will not even consider replacing it.

I was leaving the state for 3 months due to medical reasons and said that as long as the tub was taken care of by the time I got back I would be patient with repairs. After a month I still hadnt heard from the company so I called Roy. Again I was told the company needed to have a meeting to discuss their warranty obligations. When I called the company, Olivia in customer service told me they would only discuss the matter with Roy the repairman. I kept explaining that I was currently in Arizona and needed to know what was going on because I wasnt home in Michigan. Roy was in Michigan, of course, and didnt have a toll free number, but he also wasnt very forthcoming with information. After several weeks and many more calls to Roy he told me that the company did not want him handling the case anymore. They were going to contact a dealership to deal with us. Yeah! I thought we were on our way to getting things resolved

My husband received a letter from the Cal Spas dated April 16, 2008. The company said that before they did anything regarding the tub we needed to sign papers to have the tub shipped to California so they can inspect it! The cost would be enormous and, if it proved that it wasnt a warranty issue, we would have to pay for the shipping of the tub! Im sure a new tub would be less expensive, but at this point, I can guarantee one thing I will not buy from this company or anyone associated with it. I will also use the power of word of mouth and internet to inform anyone I can about the issues Ive had. Ive already read of other people having similar issues with Cal Spa so I wont hesitate!

I had a dealer representing Cal Spa go to my house and take pictures to send to Cal Spa and they were told the same thing. They intimated that the company feels something isnt right? as they have never had a fire like this? and that the appearance of the motor area isnt as charred as they think it should be.? It seemed that they were accusing my husband, daughter, or me of starting the fire so we could get a new tub. This is absolutely ridiculous! The mere hint of such an accusation is disheartening and preposterous! We have only had this spa for about five years, and due to my handicap, I dont use it as much as one would like. When I am well and able to access the tub, I do for medical reasons. Needless to say, it was in fine condition and there would be no reason for us to seek a new tub until now, as this one is apparently faulty since this internal fire broke out. We dont know why it happened or what could have caused it, but I know that it isnt our fault and because we paid for a warranty, we should not be liable or accused!!

I am an amputee with post polio syndrome. When I am home and not in Arizona, I use the tub for medical purposes. Why in the world would I try to damage it?!!! I also live in an old log home which, had we not been home, would have gone up in fire in minutes. Thus, I resent the attitude that I have received all the way around. My health insurance eats up any monies I get so the idea that I might have to pay the freight charges on the tub is totally impossible.

Yesterday I went into Hearth and Home, the dealership for Cal Spa, to get their opinion of what I should do. The principle of it all is that it is under warranty and I want it fixed immediately. I asked if they couldnt remove the affected plumbing and just send it as it would be so much cheaper. They said no, the company wants the whole thing and is adamant that they will not change their position. One person suggested I get an attorney and told me in the 20 years in business he has never heard of shipping a tub from Michigan to California. Well, attorneys arent free and why should I be paying for anything when it is under warranty and obviously a faulty product!?

It is so insulting to have someone imply we did a dishonest thing. I have always prided myself on our honesty. Also, no one from the company has ever spoken to us regarding the issue. I just dont know what to do anymore! When the local dealership cant advise me and said the company has NEVER had a tub shipped back, it worries me greatly.

Original review: May 17, 2008

We bought a Cal Spa on May 2007. In January 2008 the spa stopped running. Everything shut off. We called Cal Spas, and we were told a work order would be filed. About a month and half later Kelly from Kelli's Spa Service came and inspected the spa. She said the heater stopped working, but it was still under warranty. Here we are in May and our spa hasn't been fixed yet!

We went into Cal Spas and were told by Erick that the part hadn't arrived. However, he said that he would authorized Kelly to remove the heater from one of the spas out on display. Yet, my one year warranty is about to expire and I'm concerned about what's going to happen if anything else stops working. Since the spa hasn't been running for about four months, we're unsure if there's any other faulty parts.

We have been without a spa for nearly four months. Both my husband and I work in stressful environments and purchased the spa as a relaxation tool. We paid in full, and feel that we have been taken advantage of. Now we're out of $7,995.00 and nothing to show for it, but broken down spa. This frustration is adding stress to our lives. After numerous call nothing has been resolved.

Original review: May 12, 2008

I bought over $10,000 worth of items from Cal Spa in San Marcos Ca which has since shut down. I purchased a pool table, spa and Bar B Q. The spa has worked since we got it two months ago, the pool table and Bar B Q have been a disaster. The pool table was delivered with the Spa and Bar B Q. I had told them I didn't want it delievered until the room for the pool table was ready. I stored it in the garage and then when the room was ready I called to have it set up. They tried to charge me an additional $260 set up charge because the guy who dilivered it should have set it up at that time of delievery even though it was not ready for set up.

After several calls and weeks they finally consented to have the guy set it up at their costs. While this was going on the Bar B Q was delievered broekn. The granite on the island Bar B Q was broken, the broken pieses were neatly placed in the Bar B Q upon delievery so the person who broke it prior to delievery didn't tell anyone and just sent the broken pieces neatly placed in the Bar B Q. They said they would have someone come out and replace JUSt the broken granite.

After several weeks I called and tey said they wouldn;t send someone out to replace the granite but would give me a new one (which they should have done initially). They then couldn't schedule a delievery for weeks, finally the Bar B Q was delivered. I bought some propane and had friends over for a spa, pool table and Bar B Q party. Only problem the new Bar B Q didn't work. No flame was coming to the burners. I called and was scheduled for a service man a week later. He missed his morning appointment and was 2 hours late for the afternoon. Then he said he couldn't fix it!!!!!. Again no Bar B Q party.

I called to have the Bar B Q returned which James told me all sales are final even though my Bar B Q doesn't work they would have someone come out and fix it no matter what it takes. I do not want this piece of junk but now they are telling me I have to keep it (once they fix it). NEVER BUY a THING AT CAL SPA and if you do never TALK TO JAMES!!!!!!!!! Like my father told me dont buy steak at a pancake house - buy pancakes I bought a bar b q and pool table from a spa place nogt a good idea.

I am stuck with a Bar B Q I dont want any more, I found a better one at a less cost in the meantime and I want the newer better one but Cal spa is saying all sales are final even though I still do not have a Bar B Q that works.

Original review: May 6, 2008

We got the spa for medical use. Within the first 6 month the small rotating jets came apart and 16 month later, it is now blowing the 50 amp GFI possible bad heater as it only blows when the heater kicks in, and the selling dealer has no in house service personal to repair this condition They refuse to locate an outside repair man at their expense, the said they did but he never showed up. Cal spa will warranty only for parts and replacement labor but will not allow for the service calls and at least two calls are need, one to diagnose the problem and one to install the parts that they will ship out for repairs, not to mention the service cost of $60.00 to $100.00 each call.

I have tried to contact the President Casey Loyd and could not get past his secretary, e-mailed them twice and called 3 times with no responce, not to mention the 10 calls to the selling dealer. I can tell you all that the service after sale is horrendous and you are better off spending the money and getting a spa from a reputable company such as Sun Dance. Now I'm stuck with a $4000.00 + spa and have to pay for this and any future repairs out of pcket. UNBELIEVABLE. My advise is to just STAY AWAY FROM CALSPAS, especially if you live in So Florida.

Having a major back condition and not being able to use the soothing effects that a spa provides.

Original review: April 23, 2008

I bought a Cal spa hot tub new out of the box 18 months ago! This winter on one of the coldest Minnesota days one of the pumps went out. I called the repair center ant it took 5 days to get a repairmen at my house to look into my problem. The repairmen showed up a 9:30pm and took the pump out and told me that the broken pump would mot be covered under the warranty! He told us that our chemical balance in the water was not right and that is what caused the pump to malfunction. He went on to tell us that he could replace the pump at a cost to me of $900.00. He stated that then he would submit the bad pump to the Cal spa manufacter and if they decided to replace it our money would be refunded. We did not take this route!

The next morning I called the repair office and after a lot of discussion the main office decided to replace my pump under warranty! It took several more days to get the repairmen back out to my house to replace the pump. Its now the middle of April and the other pump has now gone out. I again called and had a repairmen come out to the house to look into problem. This time before the repair even looked at the pump he told me that it wqas probally a chemical inbalance issue and that the pump would not be covered. I asked him to take the pump out and examine it. He removed the pipes to the pump and using a flash light showed me the inside of the pump and stated the white discolorization of the pump was due the our water not being chemically right.

We then got his boss on the phone ( Brian ) the same one I had talked to on the previous pump. Brian told me that there was no way that they were going to replace the pump. He stated that the other pump he replaced was all our fault and that he replaced it out of the kindness of his heart but that would not be the case for this pump. I have many conversations directly with the manufacter to no avail! Thanks again Cal spas for standing behind a 18 month old tub! Sell and get it out the door!

Original review: March 10, 2008

Cost of spa $6679. 6/04 full warranty which worked fine with some repairs until 1/08 I called Melinda and requested service as the spa was not turning on. She sent expert technician. Mike, who said it's our electrical. It's not right and needs a different box & wiring. I said it was hooked up to your companies specs. and approved by your workman and has worked with this wire etc. for all this time? He said I wont come back until you change this. I have had several spa men look at this since and they say there is no problem. I have called cal spa Melinda asking for help BUT not to send the expert Mike back but have received no help.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2008

We purchased a Cal Spa at the Seattle Home Show in Feb. 2007, to be delivered in April. After several calls, the spa was delivered on June 9th. My husband heard a large crash as the delivery men dropped the tub off the truck. The casing was bent, and he did not accept the tub . The owner of the dealership, Jim, later called and said that after a full and careful inspection that the tub itself was not damaged and the case was replaced. He also assured my husband that there was a 10-year warranty on the tub. Unfortunately, despite my disapproval my husband agreed to take the tub back. Big Mistake. When they returned the tub, they did not bring the manual or the stairs or the lift for the cover or the key to unlock the I pod dock, and the chemicals supplied had someone else's name on them--wrong chemicals for our tub. The delivery men called Jim and told him that there was a scratch on the tub, and the lift was not there. Jim only replied that it should be. The delivery man responded to us that someone would be out in a couple days to buff out the tub.

After many more phone calls, Jim then said that we didn't pay for the lift or stairs, and we would need to do that. We told him that they were included in the home show special. After contacting their corporate office, one day they were suddenly delivered; but of course the lift was not installed. We had a used manual sent via mail. We still have no Key for the I pod dock. The aquatic av which controls the stereo has never worked, and there is an ever enlarging crack growing in the tub. And they have never been back to buff the tub. We also have noticed a small hole in the cover. We have made multiple calls to the dealer and corporate. We were told that the regional rep would call us back, but that never happened. We were given another dealership to call and have left messages and have never been called back. What can we do?

We paid over $10,000 for this tub and just want it gone and our money returned.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2008

We purchased a CalSpa about 1 1/2 years ago. After the first year our pump went out, many hassles to get it replaced under warranty and service calls. Finally got that fixed and now the spa will not turn on. Appears the power supply or something inside not working. Also we have had lots of problems with the jets falling apart, and our chemicals have been spot on accurate so no excuses for poor quality materials Calspa!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2008

Purchased a new spa on 2-25-06 at a cost of $6465. Had the spa for approx 1 year when one of the motors developed a loud whine, contacted Cal Spas who then gave me the Number of a Company called Pro Tech who they said takes care of their problems. The were contacted and I was told the motor was bad. It was replaced after about 4 weeks being down. I only had to pay a $70 service call. The motor was replaced on 3-03-07. On Nov 9, the other motor started doing the same thing. Again I contacted Pro Tech and they came out and again said the motor was gone. Another $75 for this call. It is now 01-07-08 and I still do not have the motor installed. Pro Tech said they paid for the motor and it keeps coming to them COD. I contacted Cal Spa and the lady said she could not do anything, it's between Pro Tech and Cal Spas. In the meantime, I have no spa to use. The store said it's up to their corporate to handle.

I have been without the use for a total of about 3 months so far, not a very good customer service.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2007

Ahhh Cal Spas!...I purchased their top of the line spa back in 1996 at a Home and Garden show here in Phoenix Az. it was a nightmare once I hooked it up..(when they delivered it I was told there was an additional charge to do the hook up!!) I had so many service calls to my home I started to document the dates,times,problems with the spa,and the fact that I had to lend tools and PVC piping to the repairmen that came out!!!

It got so bad with repairs that I tried to get someone from their company in California to remedy all this,and was surprised at how many vice-presidents there were in the company and all they did was promise to send out a repairman!!!

I finally sent a complaint to the Arizona Attorney Generals'Office and The Better Business Bureau with copies to Cal Spa and was contacted by the Az Atty. Gen.Office and told they had numerous complaints vs.Cal Spa and were in the process of stopping them from doing business in Az.!!

Cal Spas Company Information