4.58/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 2, 2017

225 BUNN Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 12, 2017

The coffee maker is simple to use and meets my needs. The instructions that came with it are very easy to understand and it is not complicated at all. I like the size I have too. It also has a reservoir for hot water so the coffee brews quickly and is hot and when it has not been working correctly they send me the parts or have sent me a new one. I've only had to receive parts once It's easy to reach them. They have always been very helpful to me over the phone. The price is sort of expensive but it is worth it very much. There have been a few times when I have forgotten to turn it off so I wish it would have would have automatic shut off after a certain amount of hours. I have had it for many years and I still love the BUNN coffee maker. The carafes are nice and easy to use and keep clean. The actual water storage is easy to clean too and it makes great coffee.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I have owned three Bunn-O-Matic coffee makers because I like them so much. Easy to use, coffee is ready quickly, and they are fairly affordable. I like that the bunn-o-matic heats the water between uses so the coffee is ready to go in about three minutes and I don't have to wait long for a pot to be ready. It spills water when pouring from the carafe into the reservoir, but that is a minor annoyance. I will purchase another bunn-o-matic after my current one gives out.

Original review: March 20, 2017

My husband and I drink a lot of coffee. He takes a thermos full everyday to work and I do too. We have been using Bunn coffee makers for about 10 years. We have always loved them. Never even had one problem that is why we kept buying them. They lasted a long time too considering how much coffee we brewed in them.

About 3 weeks ago we had to purchase another one (Bunn GRB Velocity Brew 10 cup). It is nothing like the others. We ran several pots of coffee all over the counter before we got used to the fact that you have to stand there and center the pot directly under the dripping coffee. The pot is too small also. Another thing, is you can hear it all over the house when it is heating the water, even if you are not brewing it. We are not going to buy another Bunn because of how cheaply made it is. We were so happy to have found a coffee maker that makes coffee so fast. Sorry you felt you weren't making enough profit on the models you used to make. There are a lot of other good coffee makers on the market we will have to change to one of them. Sincerely, True coffee lovers.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

I have had Bunn coffee makers for over 25 years. Each time I replaced one it was due to a leak, however, they did last for over 5 years per machine! Not great, but... So my latest one leaks now and I went to replace it only to find they have changed the design. The new style carafe system is awful. It's smaller and you can't get your hand in the carafe to wash it properly. The cover is awful and if you do not have it perfectly correct under the filter funnel, it leaks everywhere. The older carafe was easy to clean, easy to use, and I never had a problem with it not having to be perfectly lined up underneath. Bunn has gotten worse, not better in my opinion. I will try a different company.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

My BUNN BT Velocity Brew 10-Cup Thermal Carafe died after 3 years, right after warranty expired. Bunn coffee makers used to last 10+ years. But not anything make in the 2010s or later. Everything in Bunn brewers are made cheaply now. It's a shame this company has gone downhill. But the worst part is, the prices of these machines are getting even higher! What was once a $100 brewer is now $180 or more. Complete waste of time, just stick with the cheap $20-40 systems from your local outlet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BUNN?

Original review: July 18, 2016

I bought a Bunn coffee maker. Figured because it was more expensive it would come with a better warranty. It leaks really bad around bottom and they tell me they can't replace it!! I have bought generic ones that have lasted a lot longer than this one has. I am very disappointed with this company. Wish I never would have gave them my business.

Original review: July 14, 2016

Bought 10 cup coffee maker in May 2016. Within 2 weeks it died. Contacted them and they sent another machine. It's July 2016 and this machine DIED. I will throw this coffee maker in the trash where it belongs!

Original review: May 4, 2016

I have a Bunn and I am so upset with this carafe because the lip on it is so "not there" that when we pour coffee it spills all over. My sister has one and when I told her about this she came over to my house because her pot is all right and her pot actually has a true lip to pour coffee and this one is a poor cousin to the one she has. She tried it and spilt it all over too. Any suggestions. Like sending me a decent carafe.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2016

Please purchase a Bunn coffee maker with care. I received one for Christmas. There was a horrendous burning plastic smell that gave me a headache and made me nauseous. I took it back for a refund and purchased another one at a different store. The results were the SAME!!! I called the company and they said that they had some complaints on the matter and that it should resolve itself within two weeks. The glue/epoxy mix was burning. WHAT??? No one should breathe burning glue and epoxy especially for two weeks.

They sent me a different make but when we poured water into it, it flooded all over the place from holes. I called again and this person said that all the coffee pots will smell like that and send the new unit back. They did provide a return slip. It is going back and so is the original. This used to be a good brand. Please be careful if you decide to purchase this coffee maker.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2015

Had a relative with a very old Bunn 10 cup coffee maker. I was very impressed with it. Made great coffee and brewed it very quickly. Bought one at Walmart. Took it home and immediately put it to work. It leaked out 1/2 a pot of water on the counter. Immediately took it back. Should have recognized the red flag then - the employee at Walmart smiled and said several were being returned for the same reason. Took that one home and it work very well, for awhile. After a few months it started leaking on occasion. Now, we're lucky if it makes a 1/2 pot of coffee as it dumps water on the counter. Tried contacting Bunn for assistance. I won't bore you with details. Bottom line - No Help. If you're reading this, trying to decide if you should buy a Bunn - DO NOT BUY A BUNN. GARBAGE.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2015

I bought the Bunn on Oct. 20, 2014. Total with tax was $116.09. On Thanksgiving of this year, Nov. 26, 2015 the coffeemaker stopped working. No brewing, no light, and the worst no coffee. About a month ago the Bunn coffee was bitter even using filtered water. It also leaked coffee all over the counter. I made sure the drip hole was lined up with the pot but it still leaked. I know the warranty is for a year but one month over is ridiculous. I don't think I will buy another Bunn if only last 13 months. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2015

Bunnomatic GRXB - I loved it at first, good coffee is important to us. We all drink coffee daily (all day). I had all the same leaks, poor designed carafe that spills all over etc., but all in all it's great. But for that much money, it needs some improvements. Start with the carafe - it's like an old Mr Coffee from 1979. Why don't you fix it? You know its spills every water refill and first few cups of a fresh brew. As far as the overflow on the basket, it's the cheap filters or too small of a filter, not the coffee maker's fault. Also a good cleaning every once in a while is good. We have very hard water in Utah, it causes a ton of problems but some are bad engineering. From long days past please fix these stupid problems. Mine completely shut off yesterday on turkey day. We had no coffee, I was pissed. Good news is I can repair it cheap myself, and I miss it. Went and got a Mr Coffee at WM $16 coffee not as good.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

It drips half of my water out and the lid is not even closed. This is my 4th Bunn and never have had this problem before. I have only had it about 3 months old, cost me too much money. Now I've got to go out and buy another coffee maker, it surely won't be a Bunn.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2015

I received a Bunn coffee maker as a gift exactly a year ago, Oct 2014. It worked flawlessly for the first 6 months. Then it started leaking from the coffee grind container, spilling coffee and grinds all over my counter. I've cleaned it according to their instructions, numerous times and it actually made it worse. I can no longer use the coffee maker and after an online search, I see that I'm not the only one. What sucks is that. I replaced a $10 coffee maker I purchased at Target because it finally stopped working after 5 years. The $120 Bunn coffee maker worked for a solid 6 months. What a waste of money. I'm going back to the cheapo coffee makers.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2015

When first purchased the coffee would brew in 5 minutes, now it takes more than 20 minutes. Contacted service department and was advised that the cleaning rod (plastic zip tie) should be used on it. What they didn't say was that the zip tie should be used each week in order to get a pot of coffee in a decent time. My recommendation - go back to the old model with the big spring cleaning rod. Won't buy another one.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2015

We have owned Bunn Coffee Makers for many years. We have always been more than satisfied with our purchases but the last Bunn we purchased about 9 months ago leaks from where the coffee drains and keeps the base where the pot sits is always a mess. The pot itself I don't like the attached lid, it is harder to clean, it spills every time we pour a cup of coffee and to make coffee is slower. This purchase is the worse purchase we have made concerning a Bunn Coffee Maker. I wouldn't recommend this particular Bunn to my worse enemy. I am hoping to get a rebate to buy a different Bunn Coffee Maker. Just hoping!

Original review: July 28, 2015

Used Bunn coffeemakers for about 25 years. Loved the first one, bragged to everyone how fast I could make coffee. When it broke (after MUCH use) I bought another, then another, then another and another. They didn't last as long, had non-functioning part problems from the first, leaked, etc. Finally, I asked myself the crucial question, why was I buying a crappy product for so much money. Replaced my last with a very inexpensive Mr. Coffee. Takes longer, but does what the box said it would do. Amen. Would never recommend this product to anyone. Obviously using cheaper components, but not lowering the price to reflect poor quality. Shame on you.

Original review: July 20, 2015

My Bunn warmer switch has gone bye bye and now after reading all the bad reviews here don't know to get another one or not. This one lasted 18 years and still made great coffee.

Original review: June 17, 2015

The coffee maker leaks. Called Bunn and they said there was nothing they could do. They said they would sell me a new one for 80.00 plus tax. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! Just read the other reviews. The maker I have is GRX-B.

Original review: June 4, 2015

My Tim Horton home brewer is leaking water and won't dispense as much coffee as water added.

Original review: April 15, 2015

I hate these coffee maker. My gf just bought one and you can't even make a strong pot of coffee because the damn grounds will blow out. Jesus Christ why do they feel the water needs to come out like a fire hose! I grew up in a house that made very strong coffee. Now I'm screwed because you can't use near enough grounds to make even a half weak pot. Tossed it into the garbage, lost 120 bucks.

Original review: April 6, 2015

This is the second Bunn Coffee Maker we have had. The first one we had had for 3 or 4 years and one day it just would not turn on. We bought a Mr. Coffee coffee maker and used it for several years and though we never had a problem with it the coffee just didn't taste as good as a Bunn. So we bought another one. We have had it for 3 or 4 years and yesterday, Easter Sunday I got up to make coffee and the machine would not turn on. I felt the side of the machine and it was cold. I checked the plug and the other appliances worked fine.

Today 6 April 2015 I called the company and talked to a lady and after giving the model number and the date code she said that my machine was over 3 years old and they could not do anything to repair it. She did offer me a $40.00 discount if I would purchase one over the phone or online. She said that it would be $89.00 plus shipping and handling and tax. I asked her "why would you think that I would purchase another one knowing that it would only last 3 or 4 years and then anything after that I would just be lucky."

We have had other family members say their coffee makers have worked for years and never a problem that I must be unlucky. Well I have been drinking coffee since 1970 and have generally had Mr. Coffee coffee makers. We have given them away all after generally using them in excess of 10 years so I guess I will go to a Keurig as my wife told me that we had one once before and she liked it and we only bought the Bunn because other people told me it was a good cup of coffee. I don't remember it but my wife said she liked it so that is what we will probably go back to or we will get another Mr. Coffee. Sometimes the principle is more important.

Original review: April 1, 2015

I read all of these negative comments but to be truthful the current Bunn coffee maker that I have was purchased 05-10-2001. I know this because we wrote the purchase date on the bottom of it. The fill tank gasket failed on it today 3-31-2015. Almost 14 years and has made at least 1 pot of coffee everyday that I have had it. I have been married for 31 years, we received the first Bunn for a wedding gift and this is the second one. The gasket/washer that failed is a .40 cent part and takes less than 5 minutes to replace. In my opinion this was not a bad investment for a coffee maker that went nearly 14 years with no problems. You cant say that about many items that you use on a daily basis.

Original review: March 28, 2015

Simple..... couple months after purchase heating element failed. I bought a Bunn because I thought they were better.

Original review: March 15, 2015

We had a Bunn coffee maker for years, absolutely loved it so bought. We'd make an update, big mistake. Very disappointed. Not only does it leak from bottom but every time I try to pour a cup, get it all over counter. Maybe time to go to another brand model NHS-B. Is anyone else having these problems?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

This was a Christmas gift from a good friend 3 years ago. Last week I noticed the light was out and asked my husband if he turned it off... and he said no. So I flicked the switch - nothing. Long story short, the breaker tripped. I reset it and it tripped several more times... so I just unplugged it. Pretty expensive coffee maker to have it go bad in 3 years... Black & Decker's last that long...

Original review: Feb. 20, 2015

I got this Bunn coffee-maker as a gift. I have always wanted one. I was very happy with it for 8 months, then it started leaking very little for a week. Now it just pours water all over kitchen counter. I can't use it now and I can't afford a new one. I don't have a receipt as it was a gift, and I don't want to go back to a slow coffee-maker again. I got very spoiled to my Bunn and it made delicious coffee, so I am very sad. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2015

It was a gift... never liked it! Wish I could have returned it for a Mr. Coffee! I bought the Bunn filters (had to go to special kitchen store to find them), some of them are cut wrong. Can't use them to make a full pot!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2015

I've been drinkin' coffee for more than 1/2 a century & as you can imagine have been through MANY coffee makers over the years. I finally broke down & spent the big money for a Bunn, worst money spent EVER! What a mess, I'm ready to throw it out the door! I'm goin' back to Mr. Coffee, at least my counters will stay dry! My day doesn't start til I've had my coffee, & Bunn starts my day cursin' & cleanin' up messes! They should be ashamed to steal folks' money for a half-assed product. I for one will NEVER buy another one & well, the product speaks for itself & my friends & family have witnessed first hand the sloppy results of the "BUNN"!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

I am a Bunn lover but it does leak, still I have recommended Bunn for years to all who would listen. My Mom has been through 4 in 6 years and I get crap from anyone who I have recommended. I believe that Bunn is not the product use to be. I will never recommend your company again.

BUNN Company Information