Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners
  3. Coffee Makers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.56/5

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

BUNN Reviews

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

The Bunn BTX-B has a well-known manufacture defect. After 5 years (warranty is 3) the plastic water port erodes enough for the water reservoir to leak down into the wired level and outside ports. The water reservoir requires a tight seal to hold water. Plastic resting against a silicone gasket that only partially insulates the very hot water port causes the plastic ridge of the water reservoir port or eventually melt enough to leak (5 years). BUNN will NOT sell a new water reservoir and people on eBay sell everything but! They force you to toss the machine. Many people have attempted to self-fix this issue (see YouTube) but it rarely if ever works and is a further waste of time and money. Since this is an electrical hazard...these machines should be recalled!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Their marketing department did a very poor job in putting together their instruction manual. Called their 800 number got a condescending rep. I have read the instruction manual several times, nowhere does it say that the water reservoir is factory sealed and there is no need to clean before uses. Also BUNN wants you to use faucet water. When I told the first rep I used distilled water. She said no one used distilled water, "you won't get the mineral you need", were her exacted words. In my town we have very frequent boil water advisories, so we don't used it for drinking or making coffee. I was going to return it, also it looks cheaply made for the amount of money I paid.

I decided to called another representative that told me that they were in the process of changing the manual. She explain that there was no need to clean the reservoir, that it was factory sealed and the reason for using the faucet water was that the minerals in faucet water makes a better cup of coffee, but what about the pharmaceuticals, chemicals, heavy metals, pesticides, and other contaminants in faucet water. I wouldn't think they would give you a better cup of coffee. BUNN needs to rethink what they teach their reps. I think the first rep was just following a script and did not know how to respond to my questions.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

The coffee maker is very simple to use. I like that it brews a pot instantly. It is ready in just a few minutes. It is fast and convenient, especially for rushed mornings when you need to get out of the house quickly. But the hot plate of the coffee maker is too hot. It seems to leave the coffee with a burnt taste sometimes. I would also locate the power button to the rear of the coffee maker. But the coffee maker meets the expectations of a Bunn. I would recommend their products to anyone looking for an immediate use coffee maker.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

My overall experience with the Bunn coffee maker is that it's simple to use and meets my needs and expectations. It makes coffee quickly and doesn't require much maintenance and cleaning. I received it as a gift from my parents and have had no problems with it.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

It's very simple to use and it meets all my needs and what I expected of this model. It brews in just 3 minutes and makes 10 cups. The uncomplicated nature of it makes it very easy to operate, clean, and generally own. I like the stainless steel design as well. I'd like to have more digital type controls though. It's of the older style of coffee makers, and I would like to have one that is open to customization. For example, the ability to select how many cups to make would be great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BUNN?

Original review: July 31, 2017

This is the third one that I have owned and lasts longer than any brand that I previously owned. It is very simple to operate and brews in just minutes. When having a crowd if you have your filters filled you can supply all the coffee your guests require. Also, produces good flavored coffee and keeps your coffee at the right temperature all day long. Very reliable and easy to clean too.

Original review: July 30, 2017

The only thing about my Bunn coffee maker that I didn't like, or had to adjust to, was the flavor of the coffee itself. I'm not sure whether it was because it was a new machine or because of the heated element, but my coffee tasted differently with this coffee maker. Despite that, I love it and wouldn't go back to another brand! The simple fact that I can have coffee in 3 minutes flat versus 15 minutes or longer with other brands makes it worth every penny! Plus, my coffee comes out very hot and stays hot for a longer period of time than other makers that I've had in the past.

Original review: July 29, 2017

Love the coffee maker, super simple to use. Instant fast brewing, keeps the coffee hot for a reasonable amount of time and is ready to brew again within a few minutes. I also like the fact that there is no heater to burn the coffee. But I'd like to see increased capacity. Also, sometimes the lid falls down easily which is how the brewing process starts so it needs something to make the lid harder to close too. Other than that, easy to clean and maintain, doesn't get dirty too fast, and the filters are cheap.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Everyone can make coffee since it is so simple. I like that the coffee is ready in minutes. The water stays hot in the back so it is ready to go when I make a new pot of coffee. I would just like a larger pot. The glass one I have is fine at times but when a lot of people wanting coffee, it is too small. But I am glad it is glass so I can see how much coffee is in the pot. That way I know when it time to make another. It is also simple to clean and keep nice so the coffee tastes fresh, not stale and it is never overdone either.

Original review: July 27, 2017

The Bunn coffee maker is very simple to use. All you have to do is pour a pot of water in the top fill grate, put some ground coffee in a filter in the black filter basket, and put the top down on the fill grate to make it start brewing. I have been very happy with it because it brews coffee faster than any other pot I've had. It has an internal water tank that keep water hot at the perfect brewing temperature so when you make a pot of coffee it instantly starts brewing and is done in 1-3 minutes! It also has a drip free coffee carafe so the coffee doesn't spill down the side of the pot when you pour a cup.But if I don't brew a pot for a week, the water in the internal tank evaporates some so when you brew the next pot you don't get a full pot of coffee. The warmer plate is operated by a simple on and off switch so it won't turn off on its own if you accidentally forget to turn it off.

BUNN Company Information