4.55/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

BUNN

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 2, 2017

225 BUNN Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

The coffee maker is very simple to use. I like that it brews a pot instantly. It is ready in just a few minutes. It is fast and convenient, especially for rushed mornings when you need to get out of the house quickly. But the hot plate of the coffee maker is too hot. It seems to leave the coffee with a burnt taste sometimes. I would also locate the power button to the rear of the coffee maker. But the coffee maker meets the expectations of a Bunn. I would recommend their products to anyone looking for an immediate use coffee maker.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

My overall experience with the Bunn coffee maker is that it's simple to use and meets my needs and expectations. It makes coffee quickly and doesn't require much maintenance and cleaning. I received it as a gift from my parents and have had no problems with it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

It's very simple to use and it meets all my needs and what I expected of this model. It brews in just 3 minutes and makes 10 cups. The uncomplicated nature of it makes it very easy to operate, clean, and generally own. I like the stainless steel design as well. I'd like to have more digital type controls though. It's of the older style of coffee makers, and I would like to have one that is open to customization. For example, the ability to select how many cups to make would be great.

Original review: July 31, 2017

This is the third one that I have owned and lasts longer than any brand that I previously owned. It is very simple to operate and brews in just minutes. When having a crowd if you have your filters filled you can supply all the coffee your guests require. Also, produces good flavored coffee and keeps your coffee at the right temperature all day long. Very reliable and easy to clean too.

Original review: July 30, 2017

The only thing about my Bunn coffee maker that I didn't like, or had to adjust to, was the flavor of the coffee itself. I'm not sure whether it was because it was a new machine or because of the heated element, but my coffee tasted differently with this coffee maker. Despite that, I love it and wouldn't go back to another brand! The simple fact that I can have coffee in 3 minutes flat versus 15 minutes or longer with other brands makes it worth every penny! Plus, my coffee comes out very hot and stays hot for a longer period of time than other makers that I've had in the past.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BUNN?

Original review: July 29, 2017

Love the coffee maker, super simple to use. Instant fast brewing, keeps the coffee hot for a reasonable amount of time and is ready to brew again within a few minutes. I also like the fact that there is no heater to burn the coffee. But I'd like to see increased capacity. Also, sometimes the lid falls down easily which is how the brewing process starts so it needs something to make the lid harder to close too. Other than that, easy to clean and maintain, doesn't get dirty too fast, and the filters are cheap.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Everyone can make coffee since it is so simple. I like that the coffee is ready in minutes. The water stays hot in the back so it is ready to go when I make a new pot of coffee. I would just like a larger pot. The glass one I have is fine at times but when a lot of people wanting coffee, it is too small. But I am glad it is glass so I can see how much coffee is in the pot. That way I know when it time to make another. It is also simple to clean and keep nice so the coffee tastes fresh, not stale and it is never overdone either.

Original review: July 27, 2017

The Bunn coffee maker is very simple to use. All you have to do is pour a pot of water in the top fill grate, put some ground coffee in a filter in the black filter basket, and put the top down on the fill grate to make it start brewing. I have been very happy with it because it brews coffee faster than any other pot I've had. It has an internal water tank that keep water hot at the perfect brewing temperature so when you make a pot of coffee it instantly starts brewing and is done in 1-3 minutes! It also has a drip free coffee carafe so the coffee doesn't spill down the side of the pot when you pour a cup.But if I don't brew a pot for a week, the water in the internal tank evaporates some so when you brew the next pot you don't get a full pot of coffee. The warmer plate is operated by a simple on and off switch so it won't turn off on its own if you accidentally forget to turn it off.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I love all of the features and would never buy any other coffee maker. Bunn is the best out there. Have used for over ten years and my mom over 30 years. I love the fact that if anything goes wrong I get a replacement for free. But I don't like that it's so big and not portable.

Original review: July 26, 2017

My BUNN coffee maker is an older model and takes forever to make coffee. It is also very large and hard to clean. I'm currently looking to replace it. It would be awesome for some single use features and easy cleaning of the machine overall. It's complicated and doesn't meet my needs as in it's slow and makes a mess. It's not easy for single use either. It pours out the back due to overstocking of the water tank.

Original review: July 25, 2017

The coffee maker I have now is very easy to use and puts out a very good cup of coffee. It's easy to read and made with quality lights but like design. It gives me a cup of coffee that taste like I get when I buy coffee at stores. Made from stainless steel, Bunn is a well known brand that can be trusted. However, isn't as well made so it doesn't put out as good of coffee as I'm used to. It don't make the taste that I like no matter what coffee I used. Also, hard to clean.

Original review: July 25, 2017

The Bunn My Cafe is a excellent coffee maker. It is very simple to use and clean up. It has meet my needs and expectations and I haven't any problems with the Bunn coffee maker for the past 4 years and will buy another one when this one quits working. I like that you can make one fresh cup at a time and it comes with attachments so you can use different types of coffee pods. I dislike the one attachment that you put coffee grounds into. It is difficult to clean the used grounds out of the mesh filter on the bottom. I wish it could come out so you can clean it thoroughly.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Great coffee brewer. Can brew a pot in just a couple minutes. The safety of not being able to start the pot with the lid up is very nice, easy to clean, looks nice sitting on the counter. However, the pot does not pour well when it is full. Always have a mess. The hole in the handle of the pot will fill up with water while in the dishwasher. Makes a mess when removing from the dishwasher. Nevertheless, very simple to use. Very happy with BUNN and will buy another when needed. Would make a great gift for anyone too. A little pricey but well worth the price in the long run.

Original review: July 24, 2017

With as much coffee as I drink, I need it fast, and Bunn delivers. It is very simple to use and meets all my needs. It makes a pot of coffee in 3 minutes & the coffee is good. It has a thermal carafe which keeps the coffee hot for quite a long time. I hate warming plates which burn the coffee. The coffee made is piping hot, and stays warm for several to many hours. I wish it was easier to clean, especially the interior which gets mineral deposits from our crappy water. The stainless pot interior gets stained too but is easily cleaned with a dishwashing detergent.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I am on my third Bunn brewer since 1997. It meets my needs, the reserve tank keeps a pot of hot water ready to brew, cutting the brewing time in half. Filling with fresh water pushes the hot water out reducing brewing time. The warming plate keeps the coffee hot or it can be manually shut off. It is easy to use and to clean.

Original review: July 23, 2017

The best feature is the ease of use. It takes less than 3 minutes to brew a pot of delicious coffee. It is ready quickly, just pour the water into the reservoir and it starts brewing generally before you get all the water poured in. But they could come out with a single cup Bunn that would use pods at a affordable price. Other than that, I would definitely recommend the Bunn coffee maker brand to friends and family. This brand has been used by many of my family members.

Original review: July 22, 2017

The simple design makes it so nice. You just press a button. But I would like to see a pause and brew and a timer on. I like to get up and have coffee ready. It would definitely be nice. Most coffee makers have this. But the fact that it brews coffee so quickly and so hot is great. I trust the brand name behind it. I love this coffee maker.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Absolutely love my Bunn! My Bunn coffee maker is wonderfully simple to use. I've owned this coffee maker for several years and it still works as great as the first time I used it. I always make one pot of coffee daily and some days two pots. It's a great machine. It makes a great tasting cup of coffee. I can make a full pot or any amount up to a full pot, depending on what I'm needing at the time. It's very easy to clean when it needs cleaned, which isn't all that often. I love how fast my pot of coffee is ready. I pour in the fresh water and by the time I get the coffee cups from the cabinet, the coffee is ready! There is always a carafe of hot water in the machine, ready to brew as soon as you add a fresh carafe of water.

Original review: July 21, 2017

It's very simple to use and these coffee pots last for several years. Little more expensive but they outlast all other brands. The brand name means quality; fast brew - 3 minutes; size of pot - enough coffee brewed at a time; coffee brews at right temperature; like that it keeps water ready to brew next pot. It would be nice to have a faster brew time though but not necessary. Deliming machine is a headache to clean. All in all, it meets expectations too. But other than that I would highly recommend this coffee pot, brews coffee right every time.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I like that the BUNN had the single serve option on it. It also had an option to fill a to-go mug which was very convenient for me when in a hurry in the mornings. There was never any issues which was surprising to me because we have hard water which is usually hard on coffee makers. The coffee maker was very simple to use and it lasted for a very long time. I like that it did not have a bunch of options and also that it was very easy to set to automatically brew in the morning.

Original review: July 20, 2017

It is easy to use and has a fast brew time. Just pour a coffee pot full of water into the top of coffee unit, turn the heat element on and voila in three to five minutes a whole pot of wonderful, tasty coffee is made to enjoy. Just pour into a coffee cup and add cream, sugar or nothing at all for a good cup of coffee. But I didn't like using the stupid plunger rod to clean lime out of the coffee unit. There has been a time or two where I have plunged the rod too far up in the unit and got it stuck and had to use a screwdriver to dislodge the stupid thing. Please improve this thing. For the money spent on this unit, you can have something easier to use.

Original review: July 20, 2017

The process of making coffee is very easy with this machine. Just add water and the coffee is brewing away. It makes coffee very, very fast. Plus, the water in the holder is always hot. I like the variety of colors it comes in also. However, the machine needs to have easier cleaning. It is hard to take apart. The upper wheel that directs water can be hard to get off. Hard water builds up on the grate. Overall, the machine is great reliable, and long lasting. I only replace it every 10 years.

Original review: July 19, 2017

This has been a wonderful coffee pot and it makes wonderful coffee. The taste is better than any other coffee pot I have ever owned. It's very easy to use, just pour the water in and put the lid down and it makes coffee in about a minute. Anybody can make the coffee. Even the warranty is good. I would recommend this coffee pot to everyone I know.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I couldn't live without it. I like how it brews quick. I can start it and go to the bathroom and come back and it's done. It also taste great even after brewing fast. It keeps the water hot at all times and it makes 10 cups. It's simple to use. It has a stainless steel inner tank and a sliding lid. It also comes with a one year warranty. However I wish it had a timer to kick on early in the morning. I also really like to see them in a variety of colors instead of black and silver, maybe red or green to match my kitchen.

Original review: July 17, 2017

The Bunn coffee maker has a feature which is convenient; a reservoir which holds water for the next pot. When you fill the front reservoir, it opens the hot water reservoir for instant, hot coffee. I enjoy the maker, but it leaks. Others I know have had the same issue. You must be very careful of the amount that is put into the machine. I keep a Home and Gardens metal tray under it and it works well! Also, it would be nice to have a click, and a timer to set for automatic brewing. Nonetheless, the coffee brews in only a minute! In addition, if a reusable filter could be designed, it would put this coffee maker at the top!

Original review: July 16, 2017

It is very simple to use. You simply put your coffee into a filter in the brew basket, pour the water, and slide the lid closed. The coffee maker does the rest for you. The water reservoir stays hot and allows you to brew a pot of coffee in around 3 minutes. This is very helpful in the morning when you are on a tight schedule. Currently the water is set at a predetermined temperature, but it would be nice to change the temperature if wanted.

Original review: July 15, 2017

It is very simple to use, turn it on, put in coffee and filter and pour the water in, that easy. I can brew three pots of coffee at a time, it is energy efficient and fast acting. It has a reserve that continues to heat up when not in use. It is absolutely the right size and the coffee tastes amazing! The only thing I wish would be different is the place where you add your water. If it was a slight bit bigger, it would help. I am a bit shaky when I pour it and end up spilling it on the top and it runs down the machine before I can catch it. (Not a lot.) But the coffee maker meets and goes beyond my expectations and it is perfect for why I bought it! I needed something fast, efficient, easy to run and that would not take up a lot of space. A very happy customer.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I really like how quickly the Bunn-O-Matic makes coffee and I also really like how hot the warmer keeps the coffee. It is simple to use and very user-friendly. Though I would change the Bunn-O-Matic so that when after you poured the water into the reservoir it would flow to the grounds until after you shut the reservoir lid. Overall I really like using a Bunn-O-Matic coffee maker. I will probably never purchase anything but a Bunn-O-Matic.

Original review: July 14, 2017

It is very simple and convenient. I love everything. It meets all of my needs and more. It makes my coffee just the way I prefer. When I'm at home, making breakfast in the morning, it is a very essential. I would recommend BUNN to a friend, associate, colleague or a family member who is looking for a coffee maker/machine to use. If I had the choice to rate it on a scale from one to five, I would give it a five off top. I am highly satisfied with the way this coffee maker makes coffee for me at home.

Original review: July 13, 2017

The coffee starts making immediately when water is poured and that it has a warmer to keep the pot hot all day on the weekends! It performs very well and as expected! I am very happy with it. I have tried many others in the past but this one is the best for my uses and continues to provide great coffee each morning.

BUNN expert review by Jonathan Trout

BUNN makes commercial and home coffee makers with varying capacities and technology. They also make accessories like paper filters and carafes for their brand of coffee makers.

• Trifecta: BUNN’s high-tech coffee makers, the Trifecta MB and MB5, use air infusion technology to craft the perfect cup of coffee. This technology uses five infusion times and five turbulence cycles to control the brewing process. The coffee is then pressed through metal filters that preserve oils and aromatics. The Trifecta MB is $599 and the MB5 is $499.
    • Multi-cup brewers: BUNN makes 12 models of multi-cup coffee brewers that have a maximum capacity of 10 cups. They feature drip-free glass carafes, internal water tanks that keep water constantly heated and a spray head that is designed to soak grounds with the optimal amount of water. Multi-cup brewers range in price from $109.99 to $159.99.
    • Single cup brewer: BUNN makes one model of single cup coffee brewer. The My Cafe brews K-Cups, ground coffee, tea pods or loose tea. You can make anywhere from four to 14 ounces with each brew. The My Cafe brewer costs $159.99.
    • Coffee accessories: BUNN lists all of its coffee accessories online. If you need to replace or add a piece to your brewer, you can find what you need. Browse things like permanent filters and carafes to multiple coffee ground drawers and scales. All prices are listed with each item.
    • Best for: consumers needing an advanced drip coffee brewer.
    Profile picture of Jonathan Trout