2. Homeowners
  3. Coffee Makers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.57/5

BUNN Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Our company purchased an expensive Bunn Starbucks espresso brewer for our employees. The brewer was expensive (18k) so you would think you would get a quality machine. Don't let price nor the name Bunn fool you like it did us. Worst machine as far as continuous problems, same issues over and over again. Even worst is Bunn customer service.

With the many issues we have had with the machine in the four years we owned it, getting someone to come out to service it is almost impossible. Of course when they do finally come out (about three weeks to get the tech out) they charge a hefty price to have it serviced. And of course they always need to order parts. So you need to wait another three week for them to get the part and return, that is if you're lucky enough to get them to return in three weeks. So sooner do they fix the machine and it breaks again, sometimes same issues. And they charge you again for the issue they just fix or supposed to have fixed. My advice is to stay far away from Bunn especially their espresso machines.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

We have purchased Three bunn machines in the last 18 months, roughly $2100.00 worth of boat anchor. Bunn has the expectation that you spend hundreds of dollars to maintain new machines. Leak.. Leaks when They do nothing but leak.. Leak.. Leak. We have replaced them with Three $9 machines from Walmart that perform much better. Don't buy a Bunn.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2019

This coffeepot makes a tepid weak pot of coffee. The only advantage is it makes it real fast. Makes a substandard brew. It’s hot garbage. Ironic being that it comes from a brand like BUNN. Name recognition only reason bought this, but it’s only a name. It’s still hot garbage.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I just cleaned up the water that leaked all over my counter top--a daily occurrence after using this a while. The coffeemaker was a gift ~ I would never spend my money on a Bunn. I use Bunn filters, but the concept of "fast" coffee means water pushed through at a high velocity, causing grounds to boil up. (There is a reason that K-cups only have a single puncture hole and keep the lid intact.) Also, too fine a grind of coffee also causes water to back up and grounds to drip into pot. I'm going back to a machine that pauses while brewing to allow a cup to be poured.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Horrible service. We had a tech come out to fix something under warranty - he couldn't fix the issue and said there was going to be no charges since he couldn't do anything. Then they charged us $237 - for 2 hours of service and driving there. It's under warranty and the guy who came out said there was nothing he could do and was here less than 20 minutes.

Then when I called and spoke to accounting, they told me they have my credit card and can charge whatever they want up to $500. Uh. No. That's not how real life works. AVOID this horrible company. This company doesn't know how to deal with people and scams hard working people out of money. Their invoice actually says "customer requested we call customer before charging card" - yet when I told them that. The woman said "I don't have to call you" and was shouting at me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BUNN?

Original review: April 8, 2019

I purchased the highest-priced coffee maker of this type because the box says the 6-spray head is a benefit. The head has 5 holes. I called the manufacturer and was told the box is wrong. I would have purchased the Mr. Coffee at half the price had the box not advertised it as being a desired option. They sent me another head with one hole and a diverter which is useless. I watched it come out in one stream!! I see they do sell a 6-hole but when I mentioned I wasn't certain it would fit, the rep said he didn't know.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I just got off the phone from speaking with a service rep named ‘Jim’. I love everything about this coffee maker, except the water temperature was too low. I was consistently getting 160-170 degrees. With much trepidation, I called for help. Jim walked me a couple of steps, to see if the problem could be resolved - which it wasn’t. Immediately he advised that he was sending a new machine, & walked me thru the process of returning the old one, postage free. As mentioned, I love everything about the machine, & the ability to use it for coffee, tea, & water, etc. The customer service I received was so refreshingly professional, polite, & helpful. I feel confident in purchasing anything from this company. Thank you Bunn.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I have owned a Bunn coffee pot for over 10 years. I will not use anything other than a Bunn in my home. I absolutely love it. But seriously WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO THE FILTERS? I have talked to all my friends and co workers that have Bunn coffee makers either at home or at work. They are all saying the same thing. The filters have changed!!! Now every time we all brew a pot there's a ton of coffee grounds in the coffee. The filters are over flowing like the filter is too thick and the water can't filter through it fast enough. YES I make sure I'm only using one filter. I have went through two different boxes trying different things and the result is the same. Grounds overflow into the coffee globe. Come on BUNN help me out!!! What's the deal with the new crappy filters???

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I have no issues with Bunn, I had bought mine for $90 and it has been working on a daily basis since 1995, brewing a 4 minute pot of coffee! Almost 24 years at $90, makes it less than $4 per year! I will buy it again if need to!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

The Bunn BTX-B has a well-known manufacture defect. After 5 years (warranty is 3) the plastic water port erodes enough for the water reservoir to leak down into the wired level and outside ports. The water reservoir requires a tight seal to hold water. Plastic resting against a silicone gasket that only partially insulates the very hot water port causes the plastic ridge of the water reservoir port or eventually melt enough to leak (5 years). BUNN will NOT sell a new water reservoir and people on eBay sell everything but! They force you to toss the machine. Many people have attempted to self-fix this issue (see YouTube) but it rarely if ever works and is a further waste of time and money. Since this is an electrical hazard...these machines should be recalled!!!

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

BUNN expert review by Jonathan Trout

BUNN makes commercial and home coffee makers with varying capacities and technology. They also make accessories like paper filters and carafes for their brand of coffee makers.

• Trifecta: BUNN’s high-tech coffee makers, the Trifecta MB and MB5, use air infusion technology to craft the perfect cup of coffee. This technology uses five infusion times and five turbulence cycles to control the brewing process. The coffee is then pressed through metal filters that preserve oils and aromatics. The Trifecta MB is $599 and the MB5 is $499.

• Multi-cup brewers: BUNN makes 12 models of multi-cup coffee brewers that have a maximum capacity of 10 cups. They feature drip-free glass carafes, internal water tanks that keep water constantly heated and a spray head that is designed to soak grounds with the optimal amount of water. Multi-cup brewers range in price from $109.99 to $159.99.

• Single cup brewer: BUNN makes one model of single cup coffee brewer. The My Cafe brews K-Cups, ground coffee, tea pods or loose tea. You can make anywhere from four to 14 ounces with each brew. The My Cafe brewer costs $159.99.

• Coffee accessories: BUNN lists all of its coffee accessories online. If you need to replace or add a piece to your brewer, you can find what you need. Browse things like permanent filters and carafes to multiple coffee ground drawers and scales. All prices are listed with each item.

• Best for: consumers needing an advanced drip coffee brewer.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team