2.60/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

BUNN

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

BUNN Reviews

Original review: May 30, 2019

This coffeepot makes a tepid weak pot of coffee. The only advantage is it makes it real fast. Makes a substandard brew. It’s hot garbage. Ironic being that it comes from a brand like BUNN. Name recognition only reason bought this, but it’s only a name. It’s still hot garbage.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I just cleaned up the water that leaked all over my counter top--a daily occurrence after using this a while. The coffeemaker was a gift ~ I would never spend my money on a Bunn. I use Bunn filters, but the concept of "fast" coffee means water pushed through at a high velocity, causing grounds to boil up. (There is a reason that K-cups only have a single puncture hole and keep the lid intact.) Also, too fine a grind of coffee also causes water to back up and grounds to drip into pot. I'm going back to a machine that pauses while brewing to allow a cup to be poured.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Horrible service. We had a tech come out to fix something under warranty - he couldn't fix the issue and said there was going to be no charges since he couldn't do anything. Then they charged us $237 - for 2 hours of service and driving there. It's under warranty and the guy who came out said there was nothing he could do and was here less than 20 minutes.

Then when I called and spoke to accounting, they told me they have my credit card and can charge whatever they want up to $500. Uh. No. That's not how real life works. AVOID this horrible company. This company doesn't know how to deal with people and scams hard working people out of money. Their invoice actually says "customer requested we call customer before charging card" - yet when I told them that. The woman said "I don't have to call you" and was shouting at me.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I purchased the highest-priced coffee maker of this type because the box says the 6-spray head is a benefit. The head has 5 holes. I called the manufacturer and was told the box is wrong. I would have purchased the Mr. Coffee at half the price had the box not advertised it as being a desired option. They sent me another head with one hole and a diverter which is useless. I watched it come out in one stream!! I see they do sell a 6-hole but when I mentioned I wasn't certain it would fit, the rep said he didn't know.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I just got off the phone from speaking with a service rep named ‘Jim’. I love everything about this coffee maker, except the water temperature was too low. I was consistently getting 160-170 degrees. With much trepidation, I called for help. Jim walked me a couple of steps, to see if the problem could be resolved - which it wasn’t. Immediately he advised that he was sending a new machine, & walked me thru the process of returning the old one, postage free. As mentioned, I love everything about the machine, & the ability to use it for coffee, tea, & water, etc. The customer service I received was so refreshingly professional, polite, & helpful. I feel confident in purchasing anything from this company. Thank you Bunn.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BUNN?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I have owned a Bunn coffee pot for over 10 years. I will not use anything other than a Bunn in my home. I absolutely love it. But seriously WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO THE FILTERS? I have talked to all my friends and co workers that have Bunn coffee makers either at home or at work. They are all saying the same thing. The filters have changed!!! Now every time we all brew a pot there's a ton of coffee grounds in the coffee. The filters are over flowing like the filter is too thick and the water can't filter through it fast enough. YES I make sure I'm only using one filter. I have went through two different boxes trying different things and the result is the same. Grounds overflow into the coffee globe. Come on BUNN help me out!!! What's the deal with the new crappy filters???

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I have no issues with Bunn, I had bought mine for $90 and it has been working on a daily basis since 1995, brewing a 4 minute pot of coffee! Almost 24 years at $90, makes it less than $4 per year! I will buy it again if need to!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

The Bunn BTX-B has a well-known manufacture defect. After 5 years (warranty is 3) the plastic water port erodes enough for the water reservoir to leak down into the wired level and outside ports. The water reservoir requires a tight seal to hold water. Plastic resting against a silicone gasket that only partially insulates the very hot water port causes the plastic ridge of the water reservoir port or eventually melt enough to leak (5 years). BUNN will NOT sell a new water reservoir and people on eBay sell everything but! They force you to toss the machine. Many people have attempted to self-fix this issue (see YouTube) but it rarely if ever works and is a further waste of time and money. Since this is an electrical hazard...these machines should be recalled!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Their marketing department did a very poor job in putting together their instruction manual. Called their 800 number got a condescending rep. I have read the instruction manual several times, nowhere does it say that the water reservoir is factory sealed and there is no need to clean before uses. Also BUNN wants you to use faucet water. When I told the first rep I used distilled water. She said no one used distilled water, "you won't get the mineral you need", were her exacted words. In my town we have very frequent boil water advisories, so we don't used it for drinking or making coffee. I was going to return it, also it looks cheaply made for the amount of money I paid.

I decided to called another representative that told me that they were in the process of changing the manual. She explain that there was no need to clean the reservoir, that it was factory sealed and the reason for using the faucet water was that the minerals in faucet water makes a better cup of coffee, but what about the pharmaceuticals, chemicals, heavy metals, pesticides, and other contaminants in faucet water. I wouldn't think they would give you a better cup of coffee. BUNN needs to rethink what they teach their reps. I think the first rep was just following a script and did not know how to respond to my questions.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Everyone can make coffee since it is so simple. I like that the coffee is ready in minutes. The water stays hot in the back so it is ready to go when I make a new pot of coffee. I would just like a larger pot. The glass one I have is fine at times but when a lot of people wanting coffee, it is too small. But I am glad it is glass so I can see how much coffee is in the pot. That way I know when it time to make another. It is also simple to clean and keep nice so the coffee tastes fresh, not stale and it is never overdone either.

BUNN expert review by Jonathan Trout

BUNN makes commercial and home coffee makers with varying capacities and technology. They also make accessories like paper filters and carafes for their brand of coffee makers.

• Trifecta: BUNN’s high-tech coffee makers, the Trifecta MB and MB5, use air infusion technology to craft the perfect cup of coffee. This technology uses five infusion times and five turbulence cycles to control the brewing process. The coffee is then pressed through metal filters that preserve oils and aromatics. The Trifecta MB is $599 and the MB5 is $499.

• Multi-cup brewers: BUNN makes 12 models of multi-cup coffee brewers that have a maximum capacity of 10 cups. They feature drip-free glass carafes, internal water tanks that keep water constantly heated and a spray head that is designed to soak grounds with the optimal amount of water. Multi-cup brewers range in price from $109.99 to $159.99.

• Single cup brewer: BUNN makes one model of single cup coffee brewer. The My Cafe brews K-Cups, ground coffee, tea pods or loose tea. You can make anywhere from four to 14 ounces with each brew. The My Cafe brewer costs $159.99.

• Coffee accessories: BUNN lists all of its coffee accessories online. If you need to replace or add a piece to your brewer, you can find what you need. Browse things like permanent filters and carafes to multiple coffee ground drawers and scales. All prices are listed with each item.

• Best for: consumers needing an advanced drip coffee brewer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout