Bunn-O-Matic

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have had Bunn coffee makers for over 25 years. Each time I replaced one it was due to a leak, however, they did last for over 5 years per machine! Not great, but... So my latest one leaks now and I went to replace it only to find they have changed the design. The new style carafe system is awful. It's smaller and you can't get your hand in the carafe to wash it properly. The cover is awful and if you do not have it perfectly correct under the filter funnel, it leaks everywhere. The older carafe was easy to clean, easy to use, and I never had a problem with it not having to be perfectly lined up underneath. Bunn has gotten worse, not better in my opinion. I will try a different company.

My BUNN BT Velocity Brew 10-Cup Thermal Carafe died after 3 years, right after warranty expired. Bunn coffee makers used to last 10+ years. But not anything make in the 2010s or later. Everything in Bunn brewers are made cheaply now. It's a shame this company has gone downhill. But the worst part is, the prices of these machines are getting even higher! What was once a $100 brewer is now $180 or more. Complete waste of time, just stick with the cheap $20-40 systems from your local outlet.

I bought a Bunn coffee maker. Figured because it was more expensive it would come with a better warranty. It leaks really bad around bottom and they tell me they can't replace it!! I have bought generic ones that have lasted a lot longer than this one has. I am very disappointed with this company. Wish I never would have gave them my business.

Bought 10 cup coffee maker in May 2016. Within 2 weeks it died. Contacted them and they sent another machine. It's July 2016 and this machine DIED. I will throw this coffee maker in the trash where it belongs!

I have a Bunn and I am so upset with this carafe because the lip on it is so "not there" that when we pour coffee it spills all over. My sister has one and when I told her about this she came over to my house because her pot is all right and her pot actually has a true lip to pour coffee and this one is a poor cousin to the one she has. She tried it and spilt it all over too. Any suggestions. Like sending me a decent carafe.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bunn-O-Matic?

Please purchase a Bunn coffee maker with care. I received one for Christmas. There was a horrendous burning plastic smell that gave me a headache and made me nauseous. I took it back for a refund and purchased another one at a different store. The results were the SAME!!! I called the company and they said that they had some complaints on the matter and that it should resolve itself within two weeks. The glue/epoxy mix was burning. WHAT??? No one should breathe burning glue and epoxy especially for two weeks.

They sent me a different make but when we poured water into it, it flooded all over the place from holes. I called again and this person said that all the coffee pots will smell like that and send the new unit back. They did provide a return slip. It is going back and so is the original. This used to be a good brand. Please be careful if you decide to purchase this coffee maker.

Had a relative with a very old Bunn 10 cup coffee maker. I was very impressed with it. Made great coffee and brewed it very quickly. Bought one at Walmart. Took it home and immediately put it to work. It leaked out 1/2 a pot of water on the counter. Immediately took it back. Should have recognized the red flag then - the employee at Walmart smiled and said several were being returned for the same reason. Took that one home and it work very well, for awhile. After a few months it started leaking on occasion. Now, we're lucky if it makes a 1/2 pot of coffee as it dumps water on the counter. Tried contacting Bunn for assistance. I won't bore you with details. Bottom line - No Help. If you're reading this, trying to decide if you should buy a Bunn - DO NOT BUY A BUNN. GARBAGE.

I bought the Bunn on Oct. 20, 2014. Total with tax was $116.09. On Thanksgiving of this year, Nov. 26, 2015 the coffeemaker stopped working. No brewing, no light, and the worst no coffee. About a month ago the Bunn coffee was bitter even using filtered water. It also leaked coffee all over the counter. I made sure the drip hole was lined up with the pot but it still leaked. I know the warranty is for a year but one month over is ridiculous. I don't think I will buy another Bunn if only last 13 months. Thank you.

Bunnomatic GRXB - I loved it at first, good coffee is important to us. We all drink coffee daily (all day). I had all the same leaks, poor designed carafe that spills all over etc., but all in all it's great. But for that much money, it needs some improvements. Start with the carafe - it's like an old Mr Coffee from 1979. Why don't you fix it? You know its spills every water refill and first few cups of a fresh brew. As far as the overflow on the basket, it's the cheap filters or too small of a filter, not the coffee maker's fault. Also a good cleaning every once in a while is good. We have very hard water in Utah, it causes a ton of problems but some are bad engineering. From long days past please fix these stupid problems. Mine completely shut off yesterday on turkey day. We had no coffee, I was pissed. Good news is I can repair it cheap myself, and I miss it. Went and got a Mr Coffee at WM $16 coffee not as good.

It drips half of my water out and the lid is not even closed. This is my 4th Bunn and never have had this problem before. I have only had it about 3 months old, cost me too much money. Now I've got to go out and buy another coffee maker, it surely won't be a Bunn.

I received a Bunn coffee maker as a gift exactly a year ago, Oct 2014. It worked flawlessly for the first 6 months. Then it started leaking from the coffee grind container, spilling coffee and grinds all over my counter. I've cleaned it according to their instructions, numerous times and it actually made it worse. I can no longer use the coffee maker and after an online search, I see that I'm not the only one. What sucks is that. I replaced a $10 coffee maker I purchased at Target because it finally stopped working after 5 years. The $120 Bunn coffee maker worked for a solid 6 months. What a waste of money. I'm going back to the cheapo coffee makers.

When first purchased the coffee would brew in 5 minutes, now it takes more than 20 minutes. Contacted service department and was advised that the cleaning rod (plastic zip tie) should be used on it. What they didn't say was that the zip tie should be used each week in order to get a pot of coffee in a decent time. My recommendation - go back to the old model with the big spring cleaning rod. Won't buy another one.

We have owned Bunn Coffee Makers for many years. We have always been more than satisfied with our purchases but the last Bunn we purchased about 9 months ago leaks from where the coffee drains and keeps the base where the pot sits is always a mess. The pot itself I don't like the attached lid, it is harder to clean, it spills every time we pour a cup of coffee and to make coffee is slower. This purchase is the worse purchase we have made concerning a Bunn Coffee Maker. I wouldn't recommend this particular Bunn to my worse enemy. I am hoping to get a rebate to buy a different Bunn Coffee Maker. Just hoping!

Used Bunn coffeemakers for about 25 years. Loved the first one, bragged to everyone how fast I could make coffee. When it broke (after MUCH use) I bought another, then another, then another and another. They didn't last as long, had non-functioning part problems from the first, leaked, etc. Finally, I asked myself the crucial question, why was I buying a crappy product for so much money. Replaced my last with a very inexpensive Mr. Coffee. Takes longer, but does what the box said it would do. Amen. Would never recommend this product to anyone. Obviously using cheaper components, but not lowering the price to reflect poor quality. Shame on you.

My Bunn warmer switch has gone bye bye and now after reading all the bad reviews here don't know to get another one or not. This one lasted 18 years and still made great coffee.

The coffee maker leaks. Called Bunn and they said there was nothing they could do. They said they would sell me a new one for 80.00 plus tax. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! Just read the other reviews. The maker I have is GRX-B.

My Tim Horton home brewer is leaking water and won't dispense as much coffee as water added.

I hate these coffee maker. My gf just bought one and you can't even make a strong pot of coffee because the damn grounds will blow out. Jesus Christ why do they feel the water needs to come out like a fire hose! I grew up in a house that made very strong coffee. Now I'm screwed because you can't use near enough grounds to make even a half weak pot. Tossed it into the garbage, lost 120 bucks.

This is the second Bunn Coffee Maker we have had. The first one we had had for 3 or 4 years and one day it just would not turn on. We bought a Mr. Coffee coffee maker and used it for several years and though we never had a problem with it the coffee just didn't taste as good as a Bunn. So we bought another one. We have had it for 3 or 4 years and yesterday, Easter Sunday I got up to make coffee and the machine would not turn on. I felt the side of the machine and it was cold. I checked the plug and the other appliances worked fine.

Today 6 April 2015 I called the company and talked to a lady and after giving the model number and the date code she said that my machine was over 3 years old and they could not do anything to repair it. She did offer me a $40.00 discount if I would purchase one over the phone or online. She said that it would be $89.00 plus shipping and handling and tax. I asked her "why would you think that I would purchase another one knowing that it would only last 3 or 4 years and then anything after that I would just be lucky."

We have had other family members say their coffee makers have worked for years and never a problem that I must be unlucky. Well I have been drinking coffee since 1970 and have generally had Mr. Coffee coffee makers. We have given them away all after generally using them in excess of 10 years so I guess I will go to a Keurig as my wife told me that we had one once before and she liked it and we only bought the Bunn because other people told me it was a good cup of coffee. I don't remember it but my wife said she liked it so that is what we will probably go back to or we will get another Mr. Coffee. Sometimes the principle is more important.

I read all of these negative comments but to be truthful the current Bunn coffee maker that I have was purchased 05-10-2001. I know this because we wrote the purchase date on the bottom of it. The fill tank gasket failed on it today 3-31-2015. Almost 14 years and has made at least 1 pot of coffee everyday that I have had it. I have been married for 31 years, we received the first Bunn for a wedding gift and this is the second one. The gasket/washer that failed is a .40 cent part and takes less than 5 minutes to replace. In my opinion this was not a bad investment for a coffee maker that went nearly 14 years with no problems. You cant say that about many items that you use on a daily basis.

Simple..... couple months after purchase heating element failed. I bought a Bunn because I thought they were better.

We had a Bunn coffee maker for years, absolutely loved it so bought. We'd make an update, big mistake. Very disappointed. Not only does it leak from bottom but every time I try to pour a cup, get it all over counter. Maybe time to go to another brand model NHS-B. Is anyone else having these problems?

This was a Christmas gift from a good friend 3 years ago. Last week I noticed the light was out and asked my husband if he turned it off... and he said no. So I flicked the switch - nothing. Long story short, the breaker tripped. I reset it and it tripped several more times... so I just unplugged it. Pretty expensive coffee maker to have it go bad in 3 years... Black & Decker's last that long...

I got this Bunn coffee-maker as a gift. I have always wanted one. I was very happy with it for 8 months, then it started leaking very little for a week. Now it just pours water all over kitchen counter. I can't use it now and I can't afford a new one. I don't have a receipt as it was a gift, and I don't want to go back to a slow coffee-maker again. I got very spoiled to my Bunn and it made delicious coffee, so I am very sad. Thank you.

It was a gift... never liked it! Wish I could have returned it for a Mr. Coffee! I bought the Bunn filters (had to go to special kitchen store to find them), some of them are cut wrong. Can't use them to make a full pot!

I've been drinkin' coffee for more than 1/2 a century & as you can imagine have been through MANY coffee makers over the years. I finally broke down & spent the big money for a Bunn, worst money spent EVER! What a mess, I'm ready to throw it out the door! I'm goin' back to Mr. Coffee, at least my counters will stay dry! My day doesn't start til I've had my coffee, & Bunn starts my day cursin' & cleanin' up messes! They should be ashamed to steal folks' money for a half-assed product. I for one will NEVER buy another one & well, the product speaks for itself & my friends & family have witnessed first hand the sloppy results of the "BUNN"!

I am a Bunn lover but it does leak, still I have recommended Bunn for years to all who would listen. My Mom has been through 4 in 6 years and I get crap from anyone who I have recommended. I believe that Bunn is not the product use to be. I will never recommend your company again.

I purchased the BTX-B with Thermal Carafe and find it to be an excellent coffee maker. There is something about the BUNN coffee maker that makes a better tasting coffee and hotter temperature. Like others I did have a problem with water overflow from the coffee grounds basket but notified BUNN and they sent me three sizes of screw on attachments to regulate the water coming out and one was perfect. The pot also had an issue of leaking but after manipulating the rubber gasket, it was fine.

The only problem I have had is with the thermal fuse located in the top of the machine. My first unit failed just under the 2-year warranty period and BUNN replaced it with a new unit. The second unit failed just after the two-year mark and of course it was not warranted and there is no source of repair through the company.

I found the thermal fuse available on EBay sold by ** for $8.99 and free shipping. Ordered it on Friday, received it on Monday, took 15 minutes to replace and was making coffee again after the water setup. Very easy to do and saved me from buying a new coffee maker. I think in the future should I need to purchase another unit I will buy a commercial one such as the BUNN 13300.0001 VP17-1SS. It is a little more expense but seems to be a better build. Hope this is helpful.

I have bought so many Bunn home coffee makers I have lost count over 30 years. The different models have all made great coffee, but after 2-3 years or just outside warranty they all have leaked all over counter. After 30 plus years I would think the problem should have been resolved. I may have purchased my last! How do you make such a great product and worst product at the same time. I have wondered if you want it to fail so you can sell! Thank you!

I have drank coffee for probably over 35 years and when I was young, Bunn was considered quality and the best. I am sad to say that I now know that it's no longer true. I purchased a Bunn coffeemaker last year that made coffee in 90 seconds for a little over a hundred dollars. I did not mind because I felt I was buying a quality product. The unit worked well outside of the carafe that can't pour without overflowing the sides due to poor engineering, but, no problem. After only 8 months, the unit quit working. It shorted out and would no longer make coffee.

In the meantime, I pulled out my $20 Mr. Coffee that's probably twelve or thirteen years old now and used it until I found another Bunn coffee maker. I thought maybe the one I purchased was just a single problem and still trusted the name. I purchased the new one and it was $120 with a new sleek design. I have had it for six months. It makes coffee well and the carafe overflows the mouth of the pot just like the last one. The CLE light came on so I followed the steps to clean the pot and reset the clean light and it will not go off. Now, after you make a pot it turns the burner off and I have to return and turn it on.

Not only is this a problem, but the hot plate is already peeling off the black down to the metal. I am a very neat and clean person and there is no reason for this outside of cheap and poor quality. I will never buy another Bunn and I will tell anybody looking not to buy a Bunn. I will not send it back and go through the trouble. If there is any pride for the company that once was that is driving your sales, you would send me a new one. I am sure you would, as a company, inconvenience a customer to get the coffeemaker and get a box and go out of their way further to ship it to you while they wait for the same coffee maker to come. I drove to the store on my time and used my car and my gas and chose your product. I have already invested way more than you have and will not invest anymore. By the way, the Mr. Coffee - STILL WORKING.

Bunn-O-Matic Company Profile