4.83/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bruno is a third-generation family business committed to designing and manufacturing high-quality stairlifts and other products to help people with mobility challenges retain their independence. Bruno stairlifts are manufactured exclusively in Wisconsin, United States.

Bruno Independent Living Aids Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

914 Bruno Independent Living Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 20, 2019

I have bad knees and shortness of breath because I have AFib. As a result, I was having problems getting up and down the steps. I went to the VA and Bruno was the company that came and looked at my situation. Going with them went really well and the young fellow that installed it did a very good job. He was very knowledgeable and knew what was going on. He even showed me how to take the stairlift up on my first ride. Now, I have a straight stairlift up 13 steps. Overall, it's of good quality. I've been recommending Bruno Independent Living Aids to everybody.

Get expert buying tips about Stair Lifts delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Bruno stairlift works really well. The VA got it for me. During the installation, the crew took the time and patience to show me how to use it. It has been two months now and it has really helped me to get up and down from my basement to the main floor, and I really appreciate it. It's a straight stairlift and I'm satisfied with its quality. It has been a great experience, so far. And I would recommend it.

Original review: April 18, 2019

My dad needed a Bruno stairlift to go up the stairs to his bedroom. The people who did the sales visit were courteous and answered everything. He had the straight one installed and it was a pretty easy process. His favorite part of the stairlift is it makes him able to go up there.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I've been having trouble with my knees and my hips from arthritis, making me need to buy a stairlift. The sales visit went fine, the people who came were most helpful. During the install, the guys demonstrated how to use the stairlift. We have to turn it at the top, but at the bottom, it goes down pass the steps. I like my Bruno stairlift very much.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Bruno was the company that the VA recommended to us and so we bought a vertical platform lift from them. The reps who came to our home were very helpful and even went out of their way to get things expedited. They were absolutely fabulous. Then, the unit's installation went extremely well. My husband is still in the rehab so we haven't used the platform for him but we have already used it a couple of times for a couple of people. It could be a wee bit faster, but it has worked very well so far. I would absolutely recommend Bruno.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bruno Independent Living Aids?

Original review: April 15, 2019

My wife is really ill with ovarian cancer stage four and she can hardly walk. Also, I was a military police for 10 years and US Marshal for 30 years. I’ve been through 14 different riots and each time I ended up in the hospital from injuries. So, my legs are in really bad shape. My wife and I are both on walkers or wheelchairs and we can’t go up or down the stairs without excruciating pain. The stairlift that we got from Bruno takes away all that pain, as far as that area of our house goes, and it would give us space that we couldn’t use because of our legs. It's very valuable to us and I wouldn't trade it for gold.

I have this grant from the government that paid for a stairlift and when we bought it, Bruno's manpower here educated us greatly with the knowledge of how we could keep our stairlift working properly. We didn’t know there was so many little things that we could benefit from by using a stairlift. Then there were two men that did a good job in putting it in. Everything seems to be great and the stairlift is a godsent to us.

Original review: April 14, 2019

My husband is a veteran and he needed a stairlift. The VA got the Bruno and it was a good experience. The installation went well. However, they ran into a complication because our stairwell is narrow. They told me what they needed to do so I won't be surprised. They had to take the rail off and a couple of things in order for it to work. So far, he likes the stairlift. He was always reluctant to go up and down the stairs, but now he's happy with it. I recommend Bruno.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Bruno's rep showed me everything I was gonna get. All their reps did was come, put the stairlift in and ask a few questions. I got a straight stairlift from them and thus far, I've had a good experience. However, I’m still having a little trouble getting up and down the steps because it’s hard for me to bend my knees back. The stairlift is not comfortable. I have big feet, and it’s hard to get them on the little footrest. Still, I recommend Bruno.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I have been ill and needed a way to get in and out of the house. Bruno had the best price and they seemed very cooperative. The lady I spoke to answered all my questions and ended up saving me money by coming, looking at the property and making a better suggestion than what I thought I wanted. The stairlift was gonna be a less expensive choice than what I had originally thought would be the best solution. I agreed and the deal ended up being really good.

I had gotten an indoor stairlift and had it installed in my garage. They were able to do install it on the day they said they would. The installation took a couple of hours and was done by the time I got home from the hospital. It was only half a story though and wasn't a big operation. Pam was there and demonstrated the stairlift to me. I'm very impressed with it. It works very well and I haven't had any problems with it, so far.

Original review: April 12, 2019

My father is a vet and and he's 86. He's on in-home hospice and before, he could not make it up the stairs for a shower without getting his defibrillator set off. It would zap him. We decided to get him a stairlift and we had three estimates come in. Bruno was the lowest one and the VA chose them. They were awesome and we had a wonderful experience with them. From the time the one guy came in to take all the measurements, they were extremely professional and considerate of our living space. We’re smokers and we allowed them to smoke but they didn’t smoke in our house and still went outside.

The stairlift has greatly changed my father's life. Now he could get up for a shower and we can all breathe easier because he smells good. The stairlift has been invaluable to us and my mother, who just turned 83 last Sunday, uses it also. It’s been a godsend for us. I do something for the rails once in a while for its maintenance but we have had no problem with it except for keeping my granddaughter off of it. Then one time, Bruno's reps stopped by because they thought they got a call from a charger for us. Other than that, the stairlift works and we don't have to worry about weight limit with it. My dad’s 135, I’m 110, and my mom might be 98, and all three could sit on it and ride.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We live on two floors. My husband had a stroke and needed to be able to get from one floor to the other. The VA chose Bruno and had the unit installed. The installers were very good and the installation went smoothly We're very pleased with the stairlift. We had a slight problem at the beginning though. It had gotten some liquid in it, but they immediately came and put a new board in. We haven't had any problems since.

Original review: April 11, 2019

My husband was having trouble walking up the stairs so we looked to buy a stairlift. The salesperson at Bruno was great. She gave me different options and we talked about elevators as well as chairlifts. I liked the weight that Bruno's stairlifts hold so I decided to go with them. Their installers were good and they demonstrated how it worked but then they left a mess. They scuffed up the space of my stairs so we had to do a lot of cleaning afterwards. They also took down a stairwell to do that. Though the straight stairlift I got sticks out a little bit more in my stairwell than I would have liked, it's okay. Overall, the stairlift is of good quality.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I can walk up the stairs safely but it's just painful so I wanted a stairlift that would make it a lot easier. We had a stairlift previously and it broke. It had to be taken apart but nobody could figure out how to fix it. My husband decided to just go with the new one which comes with warranty so we wouldn't have to worry. He looked at different stairlift providers and decided that Bruno is the best way to go. The installers came in and installed a straight stairlift indoors. They showed me how to use it. I sat in it, I went up, I came down and that was about it. I like the fact that I don't have to walk up the stairs. We've only had it a couple of months, but so far, it works the way it's supposed to and the quality is good.

The cost of Bruno stairlift was a lot of money for me. Nevertheless, it has made it easier for me to get up and down the stairs, and it's much better when I get to the top now. I have a very high second story home so at least if the power goes out, I'm not stuck. I can still walk. So far, I'm happy with what we got. Bruno reps were very pleasant and very efficient. They came in, did their job and left. Bruno stairlift has worked out for me.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Bruno's sales representative was very good and very helpful. He's a hometown man, and we felt he was reliable. He was referred to us from the bank. We got a curved Bruno stairlift and the installation process was good. The installers knew what they were doing, and they weren't here long. I can't go up the stairs without a stairlift, and the one we had on before we got our Bruno took up most of the stairs. Our Bruno stairlift is very good. It goes up the side of the wall and allows room for people that are walking to get up the stairs.

Original review: April 9, 2019

The sales visit with Bruno was a good experience. The representative explained everything well during the sales visit and was very informative. My husband is having difficulty walking right now and is in and out of a wheelchair. So we got a curved stairlift. But the part downstairs where you pass through the walkway from the door to the kitchen is kind of narrow now because the unit sticks out a bit. Sometimes, I forget it's there and hit my leg. So it would be good if it could have been in a little more towards the stair itself. I also didn't particularly like the drilling of the holes in the carpet because if I decide to replace it, it creates a problem. So it would be good if they can find a different way to tack it down. But I guess that's to make it steady. That aside, the installers were fast and they really did a good job.

Original review: April 8, 2019

My father purchased a Bruno stairlift before he passed away and my mother has had the stairlift for several years now. Then she had a leg amputated and is not able to get into a vehicle, so we purchased a Bruno Turny Evo chair recently. We had a very good experience with the representatives and it was really efficient. They were able to get us what we wanted. They were very professional and were very accommodating when the installation took place. The car was taken to their location in A&J Mobility, and they did the install at their facility. My mother loves the chair and she's comfortable. I like that she's comfortable in it and it's so much better than sitting in a wheelchair in a van. It's nice. She used to be stuck at home or we were depending on wheelchair van services before that. So, the best part is she's able to get out and around having the chair.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 8, 2019

Bruno's rep was wonderful. She told me that I couldn't put it on another side that I wanted it on because the chair of the stairlift was too high and it wouldn't go by that side. Also, the curved stairlift I got from them goes right to the top of the stairs and stops. I wish it would go around the top of the stairs on the side that it's on. Still, the stairlift I got from them has been wonderful. It's all padded and has a really nice chair. It gets me up and down the stairs when I couldn't before.

Bruno Independent Living Aids response

Thanks for your feedback. We're so glad you are enjoying your Bruno stairlift! Typically, our stairlifts can be installed on either side of the steps. We also have a "park position" option for curved stairlifts that allows them to park farther away from the steps, but it does depend on the unique staircase configuration. Thank you again for choosing Bruno.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I have difficulty in going up and down my stairs outside and so I decided to purchase a stairlift. A representative from Bruno came over to my house for a sales visit and it went fine. I got a curved unit and the team that did the installation explained everything such as how to take a ride on it. The stairlift's ride has been bumpy for some reason but the unit has made a big difference in my life. I used it yesterday because I had a doctor's appointment and it makes a world of difference not having to walk the stairs.

Original review: April 6, 2019

This company did their job and I appreciate what they did. They measured perfectly and got the chairlift just so it works beautifully in our basement. They had to really work carefully too because we have a narrow space to the bottom and also at the top but they did it. I'm amazed that they were able to get that accomplished. The two guys did a beautiful job. They got in there, got the work done and were out before we even knew. They didn't bother us at all. They were very good. The straight chairlift fits into the stairwell beautifully too.

The chairlift has been marvelous for us. We had to have it because Fred is wheelchair bound and we couldn't use the front walk from having to go down steps. Now, you can get him in and out of the basement and not have to deal with the long walkway we have that goes out through this cul-de-sac. We had a little problem with the charger, which went out right after we got it, but Bruno finally came back and fixed that and we've had no problems since then. The chairlift is great. It's easy to use and manage. Especially with Fred having the handicapped situation, the chairlift has made it simple because all he has to do is push that button.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I've had a couple of knee operations and my knees don't go up and down steps so good. I heard Bruno was the best and right off the bat, I made my decision to get them. They measured all up and then they came out to install. They looked like office workers though, not mechanics. Nonetheless, I had a good experience with them. It only took them an hour to put the curved stairlift in then two hours to put the straight one in. The stairwell has a curve going up to a landing then it goes on on up, and the stairlifts fit okay.

However, I'm having trouble with the single rail stairlift. I would get down and get to about five steps from the bottom then it would go down one step and stop then go down one step and stop until I get to the bottom. Sometimes it goes the whole way down but sometimes it doesn't. It starts going down all right but it slows at about four steps down then it goes real slow. But if I'm using a remote, it runs up and down by itself okay. That aside, the quality of the stairlifts is really good and the best about them is that they take me up and down the steps.

Original review: April 4, 2019

My husband and I are both old, and we purchased a stairlift for 100% safety. The salesman from Bruno and the gentleman who installed the stairlift were very good, polite and helpful. Bruno stairlift is a very good chair. I have a little dog too that’s getting old, and she’s having trouble making it up to the stairs. So, I just scoop her up, put her on my lap, and we go up. The stairlift saves me having to lift her because she’s not getting any lighter and I’m not getting any younger. So, we consider the chair an absolute blessing. It’s the best thing we bought. This is our one, big purchase and we’ve christened it our ninth wedding anniversary present for this year. So, it covers everything for us and we’re very happy with it. The quality of the stairlift is very good too, and it’s got a lifetime warranty on it. We would recommend Bruno stairlift to anybody questioning or talking about it.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I'm 89 and I have misgivings about going up and down the steps frequently. I decided to get a stairlift through the VA program. Three different individuals had come by to look the project over and then they submitted their bids to VA. The VA then solidified the bid with whoever they thought was the best out of the group and next thing I know, I had somebody from Bruno.

I got a straight indoors stairlift and it fits perfectly. I have a doorway and a door at the very top of the stair steps and it had to be rigged so it would function properly. The installers did a very good job. They started on time and they were clean. They demonstrated how to work the stairlift and they went through it well. I have my shower down in the basement and I shave down there, so I use the stairlift daily and it really works out well for me. The stairlift has impacted my life in a positive manner. If you feel that you need an assist to go up and down some steps for safety reasons and you are not able to bend your legs or knees, I would recommend a Bruno stairlift highly.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I have mobility problems and we had looked around and tried to move to a bungalow but we couldn't find anything affordable. The only option left was to modify our existing home and try to make it more manageable for me so I can get around. We spoke to several vendors and Bruno stairlifts were highly recommended. In addition to that, we did our own research, and people seemed to be happy with them, especially when we needed a curved one. While the straight stairlift is a little more straightforward, the custom, curved ones are more complex. And Bruno does a very good job with it.

The reps I worked with were very good about explaining everything in detail in terms of what to expect, what the process was, and how to best lay it out because we had questions in terms of which side of the stairs is the best for us. There were pros and cons of either side of it. And the person we worked with was very good at laying out what some of those pros and cons were. We felt like we were making a much more informed decision, and we wouldn't be surprised by anything.

The installation team was very careful to make sure that they weren't causing any undue damage or scratches. They were extremely cautious because we have hardwood on the main floor. And throughout the process, they were cleaning as they were doing stuff. They didn't make a total mess and wait to clean it at the very end. They were exceptionally clean.

So far, the stairlift doesn't feel rickety or jumpy. It feels solid. It's also very easy to operate and it's very smooth and relatively quiet going up and down. One thing that is annoying about the chair is the power swivel. The sound it makes is excruciatingly high-pitched and piercing. I'm particularly sensitive because I suffer from constant headaches. Even my wife finds it annoying and she has no issues at all. Other than that, it's shocking how expensive the stairlift is. Bruno is a high-quality stairlift, but the cost is still higher than what I would pay to have it. Still, I would recommend Bruno. We had some friends over and when they saw it for the first time, they were very impressed with how well it fits into the stairs, and it's not an eyesore. And it perfectly follows the design of the stairs in a good way.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 1, 2019

I purchased a Bruno chair lift for my mother when she lived with me. However, I no longer need it and am going to sell my house, realtors advised me to remove it. To try and find a company to remove proved to be quite costly ($500). I tried giving it away. I e-mailed the distributor whom I purchase it from and offered it to them for either resell, parts or if they knew of some charity that could it, no response from them. I ended up having a relative take it off the stairs and will now take it to the dump. Seems a shame to have to dump this.

Bruno Independent Living Aids response

Thank you for purchasing a Bruno stairlift to help your mother safely access the stairs. As the stairlift manufacturer, we engineer and build high-quality stairlifts that are sold, installed and serviced through independent factory-certified dealers. Many Bruno dealers - such as 101 Mobility - offer a Buy Back Program for equipment purchased through them. Each locally-owned dealer's emphasis on used equipment removal and resale varies, however. Thank you again for the thoughtful purchase of a stairlift to improve your mother's quality of life while living with you.

Original review: April 1, 2019

My wife and I are getting a little older. I can still get up and down but my wife’s knees are giving her trouble. Our washing machine-dryer is downstairs and we did not wanna move it upstairs and go through all that plumbing business so, we decided a stairlift might be the answer. We just wanted to get one and we saw that Bruno had a couple of places. Also, my wife’s mother had one up at the house and they used it up there quite a bit. Bruno was being sold at St. Mary's Pharmacy in our town and it worked out right as we do not want to go out of town if ever we need service. Moreover, we didn't shop around for price and we thought we were getting a pretty good product there so, we called them and had them do it.

John put in the stairlift and he had a good helper with him named Jeff. They were very personable and they did a really good job on it. Everything was explained well to us when the rep came here for the estimate. They also explained everything thoroughly and told us to call for any questions or maintenance so they can come back and lubricate it. I lubricated it a bit myself just to see how it worked there and it has been working perfectly. My wife and I use the stairlift and it has proven to really work well for us. We are really pleased with it and so far, we've been using it quite frequently. We're very satisfied with Bruno stairlift.

Original review: March 31, 2019

My old stairlift was put in 2000 and it was worn out. We had three estimates and the girl that gave me Bruno knew what she was doing and she gave us the best price. Most of the other estimates were much higher, in fact they were $2,000 more than what we paid. There were two guys who came and they worked together quite well until the younger guy had to leave early as he had some classes. The other guy finished it up by himself and did a good job. The curved stairlift that was installed doesn't stop on the steps, it brings me right around and puts me out on the living room floor. It is also very quiet and smooth. It's a lot different from the older one because the old one was noisy. This one, you hardly hear at all.

Original review: March 29, 2019

We needed a stairlift for my wife who has mobility problems. Getting up and down the stairs was one of the problems. We checked a few places and Bruno came to the house, which was beneficial because we could see how it would fit in. It was an easy choice for us and they're local. Their reps were top-notch and couldn't do enough. They were very professional with the way they handled the whole operation. The installer were here on time. said the install would probably take about an hour but they were in and out in less than an hour. They were here on time. They also said they would finish on time and they did.

I also had no problems with the stairlift at all in terms of the operation of it and how it worked. And they went over it with me before they left and made sure everything was working right. They tried it out going up and down and it worked out great. I use the stairlift on occasion myself. It's a break from going up and down the stairs. My wife uses it to get downstairs because she's a painter and she has an art studio downstairs on the lower level. It's been great for her because it gets her back into her favorite passion.

Original review: March 28, 2019

My Bruno stairlift is great. I don’t have to walk up and down the stairs anymore. The installation of it was fine and we had no problem.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I had hip surgery and was having trouble getting up the stairs. I decided to purchase a stairlift for my home and found Bruno in the phonebook, so I called them. During the sales visit, the reps were very nice to deal with and they answered any questions that I had. I had their installer, who was also very nice, install a straight stairlift and it fits very well into my stairwell. I'm happy with the overall quality of the stairlift and having it installed in my home has been a big difference.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I was having a hard time getting around in my house. My right leg is bad and my bedroom is upstairs. The company has sent Bruno and the guy who installed the straight stairlift was did a good job. I was guided through it all. My stairs are not so big and there's about an inch between the door as I go. Once I have passed the door, it’s three inches. But since the stairlift was installed, I don't have to walk upstairs anymore. My feet don't hurt too.

Bruno Independent Living Aids Company Information