3.8/5 (157 ratings)

About Brooklinen

Brooklinen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brooklinen?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Ordered a set on queen sheets. Heard the seams in one of the corners rip a little as the fitted sheet was put on the mattress. The pillowcases are too short. They don't quite cover standard pillows. Being that these sheets are over $100 I expected much more especially after seeing so many good reviews. Do yourself a favor and go with another brand.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

The basic white percale sheets we ordered on November 21, 2022 have not arrived as of December 30th! Customer service said on December 22nd that they would place the order again, and we should expect an email confirmation in a couple of business days. We have heard nothing from them (giving them 2 holiday days' grace) and are not very hopeful they will fill our order. We are steeling ourselves to ask for a refund, but given our interaction with Brooklinen thus far, it will probably be another hassle. Brooklinen = never again.

Get buying tips about Bed Sheets and Luxury Bedding delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I ordered from their website was billed in USD even though the site said Canada. While adding items to the cart it showed at one price then changed. I guessed to CAD. Because the site doesn’t say what you're being charged in. Well I found out by being billed 1029.88 instead of 700 ish price tag I was shown and still have in my email. Well at that price and feeling duped I returned all items and the pillows stank and were flat anyway. My refund is 56.57 short! Because the dollar changed. Why should I be out money? Ripoff artist, totally! Do not buy from these shady folks.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

BE VERY CAREFUL! Everything I read said pillows could be returned but they can NOT. I received my order of 2 pillows yesterday and without being used they were too small and flat so wished to return them for an exchange or refund. They said they were not eligible. They needed to state this clearly at checkout. I had done tons of research and thought these pillows would be great and chose them because of a return policy up to a year. I couldn't even return them (in original packaging) the next day. BEWARE!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

The sheets were limited edition colour, so I cannot simply buy a new fitted sheet at Brooklinen or elsewhere. At best, my solution will now be a mismatched set I build from another brand. The fitted sheet provided in the brooklinen set appeared to be queen size because it was loose on the standard size bed. For the cost, these sheets should have lasted at least twice as long. The fitted sheet thinned and ripped at the lower half of the bed. The bed was used by a single sound sleeper of average weight >150lb. Loose fit is not a sufficient explanation because I also found pilling the same colour as the sheets on the mattress cover; all larger than Tic Tacs, often the size of milk duds. The fabric is low quality not luxury. The warranty only covers 365 days, consider what a company is telling you with the warranty. I submitted a complaint/claim and received no response after a one week wait.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I kept seeing Brooklinen ads everywhere, I got a queen set in charcoal and they are paper thin. After washing in cold water the sheets became streaky and dye fading in big splotches. After using them 4x a small hole appeared. I have never had sheets do this ever. I never use any type of bleach in my home just environmentally friendly laundry soap. Even cheaper sheets I got from Bed Bath and Beyond never became streaky and faded like these. Whoever does their marketing is clever, the product sucks. I am so relieved I did not buy a duvet cover as well. I will never buy another thing from this company. NOT Happy.

Original review: March 28, 2022

These sheets are not “high quality”. Bought the basic standard set. I wanted something lighter for summer. They are so wrinkly once washed. You cannot get them to look nice. Even with wrinkle release dryer sheets (I don’t use fabric softener due to allergies) but I tried for these sheets. The company responded to my review on their website. And said I could return them (I would have to pay the shipping), and exchange them for their pricier sheets (I would pay the difference). But they would only do this if I took down my review. Not likely. Went to Winners and got a beautiful set for half the price. Not worth the hype. It’s all marketing.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I know they’re light because they’re percale but why is the stitching done so poorly on them? I had to sew every button hole so the duvet would stay in the cover. All corner ties ripped. It would have made more sense to purchase sheets from H&M and save the money. Contacted them to ask where I can post a real review since there is obviously none on their site. Never heard back.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

One time in 6th grade we had to build a wooden race car as part of a class project. It was my life obsession- how do I get this race car to be the fastest in the class. I spent hours designing and manufacturing the race car to make it the most aerodynamic possible. Unfortunately I came in second, and it crushed my entire year. However, if I had these sheets, I could’ve sanded my car to a smooth perfection and surely I would’ve won the race. This sand paper (I mean sheets) are the best on the market. It’s almost as if they are made of wooden chips. When your kid has a class project, nothing will be better than these sheets. Pls buy.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I ordered sheets, never received them, and contacted Brooklinen. We had an email exchange over several days (they weren't very responsive), in which they said tracking showed it had arrived, but that I should wait a few days further in case that was a mistake. Another week went by and no sheets. I told them I had been home all day on the delivery date and have a video doorbell, so I know it wasn't stolen. They then said they would replace the sheets, but preferred to ship them to another address, like my work. I gave them the address, and never heard back from them. I spent a month trying to contact them and they never responded again. I tried a charge back on my card and failed. I can't believe I paid over $500 for nothing!

Brooklinen author review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Brooklinen is an e-commerce company that manufactures and sells sheets, comforters and pillows. A husband and wife team launched Brooklinen in 2014 as a Kickstarter campaign designed to offer luxury bedding direct to consumers at affordable prices.

• Sheet sets: Brooklinen offers Classic and Luxe sheets with 270 and 480 thread counts respectively. Its best-selling products are sheet sets that include a flat and fitted sheet and two pillowcases. You can also purchase a set with a duvet cover and extra pillowcases.

• Cost savings: Brooklinen sells their products online only, which cuts out retailers and other middlemen and allows Brooklinen to offer more affordable prices.

• Simple selections: Brooklinen does not overwhelm shoppers with too many options. Instead, the products are strictly curated with a handful of high-quality options in each product category.

• Down comforters: Brooklinen specializes in down blankets with a higher-than-average fill power. Fill power describes the fluffiness of down blankets, and the industry standard is around 400. Brooklinen’s down blankets start at a fill power of 700 for a fluffier blanket.

• Environmental concerns: Brooklinen is Oeko-Tex certified. It also sources its down ethically in Canada and offers a down alternative for people who prefer not to use down.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Brooklinen Company Information