Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.37/5

Brooklinen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brooklinen?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brooklinen?

Original review: March 28, 2021

Ordered a set of Core sheets, thinking that these were the same as a previous set of Brooklinen sheets I purchased a few years back. Although these Core sheets are cotton, they are not comfortable at all. I washed before using, but was immediately troubled by the "crinkly" nature of the sheets when I took them out of the dryer. They are smooth, but also 'gritty' and retain heat more than I would expect from a cotton sheet. I can actually feel my skin getting overheated if I lie in place too long. I don't understand why the Brooklinen brand would produce a sheet that wasn't guaranteed to be super comfortable. Fortunately, my previous set of Brooklinen sheets is more comfortable. I am fishing them out of the hamper now and putting them back on my bed.

Original review: March 27, 2021

I'm a low income senior who spent a chunk of my stimulus money on what I thought would be the first luxury sheets I'd ever owned. The luxe sateen sheets came out of the dryer after the first washing rough and scratchy and the pillowcases have obviously shrunk. I sent a message to the customer service department and received a vague, one -size-fits-all response. I don't know what to do next. I heard the owners interviewed on Planet Money and trusted them. I'll be more careful in the future. I feel duped.

Get buying tips about Bed Sheets and Luxury Bedding delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I didn't know what to expect from Brooklinen but what I got was the WORST sheets I've ever purchased. I washed them, they came out so wrinkled that I couldn't use the pillow case. Do NOT buy from this merchant. They are the worst. The very worst!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

My classic sheets were threadbare within a few years of use. I sent a photo to Brooklinen, showing where the sheets had worn through. They said they can't help me without a receipt. That's understandable--I should have kept the receipt. But buyer beware to others--their expensive sheets aren't durable, and the company is not generous about making that right.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I loved these sheets at first but they are not durable. Tonight my finger poked right through the edge of the fitted sheet as I made my bed, just tucking the sheet under the mattress as I have thousands of times with other sheets. This company is good at hype but the sheets I bought are glorified tissue paper. Save your money.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I purchased the Classic Duvet Cover and (Queen) Luxe Move-In Bundle on November 10th 2019 for $610. Although I was so careful with the items, washing them in the special Brooklinen detergent as specified in the care instructions and in a new washer/dryer, after the first wash the sheets had two small tears. Frustrating, but otherwise they are holding up okay. However, the King duvet cover has multiple tears, including several of the buttons which have ripped right out along with large chunks of fabric during washing or just making the bed (another one just this morning prompting this review). The Queen duvet cover isn't holding up much better. The fabric is extremely thin and tears with the slightest amount of stress. Extremely poor performance for $610.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

It has been impossible to receive my money back after returning sheets to Brooklinen. Plus, the sheets I did keep are ok but not as good as sheets I've bought elsewhere. I would recommend steering clear of this company.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I placed an order in late 2018, spending almost $1500. Both my duvet covers have completely ripped. I contacted customer service and because it was more than a year, they would not replace or refund. Customer service has been extremely rude. I'm extremely disappointed. I followed back up with them again in 2020 and they still won't do the right thing! BAD! BAD! BAD! Don't buy!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Website must be flooded with fake positive reviews because the sheets I ordered were a HUGE waste of money. Poor quality, got the tiniest snag and tore ALL THE WAY through after ONE week. I cannot believe I spent over $100 on this garbage, I would have been better off shopping at Target for a fraction of the price and better quality. So disappointing.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Love your sheets and towels but your poor customer service will steer me in another direction. Two different issues both unresolved. They do respond but they don't hear your issue. Or they don't listen. Either way too much to pay and then have to spend time writing for help. Next order LL Bean..

Brooklinen author review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Brooklinen is an e-commerce company that manufactures and sells sheets, comforters and pillows. A husband and wife team launched Brooklinen in 2014 as a Kickstarter campaign designed to offer luxury bedding direct to consumers at affordable prices.

• Sheet sets: Brooklinen offers Classic and Luxe sheets with 270 and 480 thread counts respectively. Its best-selling products are sheet sets that include a flat and fitted sheet and two pillowcases. You can also purchase a set with a duvet cover and extra pillowcases.

• Cost savings: Brooklinen sells their products online only, which cuts out retailers and other middlemen and allows Brooklinen to offer more affordable prices.

• Simple selections: Brooklinen does not overwhelm shoppers with too many options. Instead, the products are strictly curated with a handful of high-quality options in each product category.

• Down comforters: Brooklinen specializes in down blankets with a higher-than-average fill power. Fill power describes the fluffiness of down blankets, and the industry standard is around 400. Brooklinen’s down blankets start at a fill power of 700 for a fluffier blanket.

• Environmental concerns: Brooklinen is Oeko-Tex certified. It also sources its down ethically in Canada and offers a down alternative for people who prefer not to use down.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Brooklinen Company Information