2.88/5

Need a good mattress?

Need a good mattress?

Brooklinen Reviews

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I received these sheets/duvet as a Christmas gift. They ripped on the side of the opening within a week. It didn't get caught on anything. While turning over in my sleep it just ripped. If this was $40 set from Walmart I'd think you get what you pay for. But it's the complete opposite. Everything stains them and even the tags on the inside are falling apart. The only reason I still suffer through them is because I found out they cost $600. I have now had them for ten months and they've finally broken down so much that it doesn't matter how much they cost. I hope this saved others from making the same mistake.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I purchased the Classic Hardcore Sheet Bundle with “steel" colored sheets. The first problem I had with this company was that I received the wrong color sheets—in the color "glacier." I wrote an email asking the company this, and the next day TWO of the buttons on the duvet cover fell off. Upon investigation, I found that they are ALL assembled with one thread. Worse yet, I have now gotten a hole in the side of my glacier sheets (after two washes). NINE days after my first email (and after I sent two additional emails), I finally got an email response from the company. They did nothing to assist me, instead they demanded photos. I still do not have a resolution on this, and I am both shocked and ashamed that I spent over $200 dollars on sheets that fell apart in less than two weeks. The American consumer truly has no recourse with this company.

Get expert buying tips about Bed Sheets and Luxury Bedding delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

After about 5 washes, the top sheet started fraying at the hems. They sent me a replacement set. This set also started fraying after a few washes. I believe this is a manufacturing defect as my friend bought these same sheets a few years ago and they look good as new. Disappointing based on how much $$$ I spent on them.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

These sheets are harsh and wrinkle terribly. The edges fold over several times and cannot be ironed to a flat acceptable condition. For this kind of money I shouldn't have to iron sheets. My WalMart sheets are of better quality at 1/3 the price.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Sheets were very poor quality. Paper thin. Touched them and put them back in the package. Like everyone else, tried to contact customer service on returning them. Finally got Jacob who emailed a UPS return label. It is now two weeks later with no refund and customer service is now taking 2 to 3 days to respond. Your items are shipped and returned to a Fulfillment Center so I wonder who exactly is Brooklinen? I am most likely going to have to contact PayPal to get my refund. So BEWARE! I only saw the reviews after I ordered the sheets. I thought I was savvy enough to research the best sheets online. Guess I was wrong in this instance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brooklinen?

Original review: July 26, 2019

This company has absolutely the worst customer service I have ever experienced! You cannot call them! It takes days for them to get back to you via email. They sub the wrong size. Do business elsewhere!

Original review: July 7, 2019

Would not honor unsolicited mailing on linen bundle. Total bundle price clearly set at $249 and up depending bedding size. The actual order would be more like $400. Waste of your time - email carrot initial tabulation seemed fine until you begin picking more items than one. First item price made sense as part of bundle offer.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Ordered over $500 worth of sheets and a duvet cover. Made sure all I was ordering was in stock and ready to ship. My credit card was charged but I didn't receive the merchandise. I emailed them and asked for tracking and a receipt (as I'd never gotten one). Two days later, I received an email stating one of the items was on back order with no date known when it would be in stock. Apparently, they held up the entire order and didn't see any reason to contact me or send the items they did have in stock. Their response also stated they do not give invoices as they are an online store. Huh? I have 2 online stores and our customers receive an invoice upon checkout. I've asked for a refund. This bad experience coupled with negative reviews here about the quality of their sheets has turned a new customer into a non-existent customer.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I bought a sheet set a little over a year ago and it took several washings before it wasn't too stiff. Recently, I noticed the sheets had started to fray. I wrote to the company, sent photos, and they replaced them immediately. They could not have been nicer or more responsive. (Shout out to Jake, perhaps the hardest working customer associate in history.) However, it's impossible to write a review on their website and the sheets themselves are far from luxe--kind of thin, and, as mentioned above, don't wear well. Wanted to love the product as much I as appreciated the people. Just didn't.

Original review: March 23, 2019

These sheets are ok. They are very thin. Someone wrote that these sheets rivaled the best luxury sheets in Italy. Don't know where she stayed, but these don't rival luxury sheets anywhere. Very plain, no decorative hem on pillowcases. These sheets don't look that great on the bed. They are not awful, I will use them, This is only third time I have reviewed anything.

Brooklinen expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Brooklinen is an e-commerce company that manufactures and sells sheets, comforters and pillows. A husband and wife team launched Brooklinen in 2014 as a Kickstarter campaign designed to offer luxury bedding direct to consumers at affordable prices.

• Sheet sets: Brooklinen offers Classic and Luxe sheets with 270 and 480 thread counts respectively. Its best-selling products are sheet sets that include a flat and fitted sheet and two pillowcases. You can also purchase a set with a duvet cover and extra pillowcases.

• Cost savings: Brooklinen sells their products online only, which cuts out retailers and other middlemen and allows Brooklinen to offer more affordable prices.

• Simple selections: Brooklinen does not overwhelm shoppers with too many options. Instead, the products are strictly curated with a handful of high-quality options in each product category.

• Down comforters: Brooklinen specializes in down blankets with a higher-than-average fill power. Fill power describes the fluffiness of down blankets, and the industry standard is around 400. Brooklinen’s down blankets start at a fill power of 700 for a fluffier blanket.

• Environmental concerns: Brooklinen is Oeko-Tex certified. It also sources its down ethically in Canada and offers a down alternative for people who prefer not to use down.

• Best for: people who want high-quality bedding at lower prices.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
      Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Brooklinen Company Information