3.8/5 (64 ratings)

About Brooklinen

Brooklinen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brooklinen?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brooklinen?

Original review: March 28, 2022

These sheets are not “high quality”. Bought the basic standard set. I wanted something lighter for summer. They are so wrinkly once washed. You cannot get them to look nice. Even with wrinkle release dryer sheets (I don’t use fabric softener due to allergies) but I tried for these sheets. The company responded to my review on their website. And said I could return them (I would have to pay the shipping), and exchange them for their pricier sheets (I would pay the difference). But they would only do this if I took down my review. Not likely. Went to Winners and got a beautiful set for half the price. Not worth the hype. It’s all marketing.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I know they’re light because they’re percale but why is the stitching done so poorly on them? I had to sew every button hole so the duvet would stay in the cover. All corner ties ripped. It would have made more sense to purchase sheets from H&M and save the money. Contacted them to ask where I can post a real review since there is obviously none on their site. Never heard back.

Get buying tips about Bed Sheets and Luxury Bedding delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

One time in 6th grade we had to build a wooden race car as part of a class project. It was my life obsession- how do I get this race car to be the fastest in the class. I spent hours designing and manufacturing the race car to make it the most aerodynamic possible. Unfortunately I came in second, and it crushed my entire year. However, if I had these sheets, I could’ve sanded my car to a smooth perfection and surely I would’ve won the race. This sand paper (I mean sheets) are the best on the market. It’s almost as if they are made of wooden chips. When your kid has a class project, nothing will be better than these sheets. Pls buy.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I ordered sheets, never received them, and contacted Brooklinen. We had an email exchange over several days (they weren't very responsive), in which they said tracking showed it had arrived, but that I should wait a few days further in case that was a mistake. Another week went by and no sheets. I told them I had been home all day on the delivery date and have a video doorbell, so I know it wasn't stolen. They then said they would replace the sheets, but preferred to ship them to another address, like my work. I gave them the address, and never heard back from them. I spent a month trying to contact them and they never responded again. I tried a charge back on my card and failed. I can't believe I paid over $500 for nothing!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

This robe is the nicest robe I've ever owned. Color is beautiful, fabric is thick and works as advertised. Dries quickly compared to other waffle towels that I bought from a different company. Really pleased with the product and will be buying the matching towels soon. Also got a 2nd robe as an accidental duplicate. The return process was super simple and quick. Really appreciated that. Will happily buy from these guys again.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Quality of recent purchases of bedding/towels were great. No issues. At some point in 2021, they changed their online purchasing software, and can no longer process transactions from Canada. After 30+ days, they were unable (or possibly uninterested) to resolve. They claim they probably won't be able to find a solution either, so to find an alternate vendor at this time! Incredibly surprising as far less-sophisticated companies are able to process international transactions. Perhaps they don't realize they've lost $000,000's? AVOID if you are from CANADA.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

I purchased the classic core sheet set. Although, I like the feel and weight of the material, the seem at the top of the sheet was not sewn straight so it's impossible to get wrinkles out of the seam. I lived with it for a while and then decided to contact the company, as they're not cheap sheets and they told me there was nothing they could do unless the sheets actually fell apart. I have taken the sheets out wet and tried to iron them and still can't get the wrinkles out. They are completely set in due to the way it's sewn. I wish they would stand behind their product!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

They play games! I purchased a pillow and found it not as advertised so I wanted to return it. They classify Canada as international when we are 8 hours away by car so I have to pay for the return shipping - FINE. THEY DISABLED MY START A RETURN! They said if I provide proof of donation they will refund my money - SCAM! You can't donate a used pillow in Canada especially during Covid-19. To date they have yet to provide an address for return. This is a game. Don't buy from them.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I placed a large order for my granddaughter for college, later that same day I get an email saying my order was cancelled even though money was taken out of my bank account. I asked why and they said shipping address was different than my previous orders, I still have not received my money back. It’s been over a9 days, had to go elsewhere but the worst part was a supervisor telling me there is only ONE manager in the company and they were on vacation, supervisor also said "I don’t agree that you Jane been inconvenienced!!!!" No manager has called me back, no order could be fixed and no money returned. All because of a computer’s decision to cancel my order. Keep your money and go elsewhere.

Original review: July 22, 2021

Bought the Luxe sheets. Very thin and SO scratchy. Uncomfortable to sleep on even after several washes. Don’t believe the reviews on their site. Do a little digging and you’ll see the real truth. Such a scam. I’m so disappointed.

Brooklinen author review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Brooklinen is an e-commerce company that manufactures and sells sheets, comforters and pillows. A husband and wife team launched Brooklinen in 2014 as a Kickstarter campaign designed to offer luxury bedding direct to consumers at affordable prices.

• Sheet sets: Brooklinen offers Classic and Luxe sheets with 270 and 480 thread counts respectively. Its best-selling products are sheet sets that include a flat and fitted sheet and two pillowcases. You can also purchase a set with a duvet cover and extra pillowcases.

• Cost savings: Brooklinen sells their products online only, which cuts out retailers and other middlemen and allows Brooklinen to offer more affordable prices.

• Simple selections: Brooklinen does not overwhelm shoppers with too many options. Instead, the products are strictly curated with a handful of high-quality options in each product category.

• Down comforters: Brooklinen specializes in down blankets with a higher-than-average fill power. Fill power describes the fluffiness of down blankets, and the industry standard is around 400. Brooklinen’s down blankets start at a fill power of 700 for a fluffier blanket.

• Environmental concerns: Brooklinen is Oeko-Tex certified. It also sources its down ethically in Canada and offers a down alternative for people who prefer not to use down.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Brooklinen Company Information