Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.64/5

Brooklinen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brooklinen?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brooklinen?

Original review: June 24, 2020

My husband bought bedding from this company. First set of sheets but the comforter and the second set of sheets started to fall apart and we scheduled a callback to talk about this issue and nobody ever called back. So now we have an expensive set of sheets that are falling apart and the comforter-- the feathers are falling out of. ASo I would not recommend these to anybody because they couldn’t even call back to fix the problem. I understand everybody is busy But one spending this kind of money on a product it should be the quality that you’re spending and then advertising so I would not recommend these blankets and covers to anybody

Original review: June 20, 2020

I hope I can prevent someone from experiencing the aggravation I experienced with this company. First and foremost, you cannot get to speak with anyone, I called got a message but was unable to LEAVE a message. Went back on their website emailed them and only reply was an auto response. Please think before you buy. The only thing I wanted was for them to send me a return label through the postal mail because my printer doesn't work, that's all I needed and had so much problems that I finally put in a dispute with my credit card. This is not a company that is geared to satisfy their customers.

Get buying tips about Bed Sheets and Luxury Bedding delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2020

Brooklinen’s luxe sheet set (including the actual comforter) is FANTASTIC. Amazing quality. My husband and I are pretty picky and these sheets feel better than a high end hotel’s. Laundry detergent smells amazing. Customer service is the best I’ve seen, I literally got an answer from them on a weekend. They are worth the investment.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Brooklinen Luxe Sateen Sheets. These sheets are absolutely horrible. I thought I would try them based on the many good reviews. I bought directly from Brooklinen because Amazon did not have the size/color I needed. They smelled horrible right out of the packaging but they felt ok so I thought if I washed them they would get better. I washed them and dried exactly like the tag said. They were badly wrinkled and scratchy out of the dryer. There isn’t anything even remotely luxurious about them. I also compared them to Costco sheets that were also new and washed once and the Costco sheets looked and felt better and were half the cost.

I do not understand the positive reviews. Perhaps the company changed manufacturers or paid for the reviews because there is no way at all these sheets deserve more than one star. I’m going to consider it a lesson learned and use them as drop cloths or for picnics. This company should be ashamed of these sheets. They call them luxury sheets so they can charge exorbitant prices. An absolute scam.

Original review: March 26, 2020

I purchased sheets last July and despite taking care of them, I just found holes. $100 sheets should last more than a year. I would have been better off buying a set at TJMaxx at a fraction of the price.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I purchased a lightweight down comforter in full/queen size...and never received it. I had been tracking the package every day when suddenly it's being held at UPS. The UPS site says it's due to Brooklinen not providing complete recipient information. I emailed customer service to ask why they didn't send along correct information, and they say they will reach out to UPS immediately to see what's happening. 7 hours go by. Nothing.

I call UPS myself and they say that Brooklinen has to change the address, and until then it won't be delivered and I'm not even allowed to come in and pick it up if I want. I am not allowed to change the delivery info despite being the recipient. It takes the entire weekend for them to change the address. Monday I get an update saying that my package is now being HELD for PICKUP at UPS as requested by BROOKLINEN!! Literally no one will even tell me where my package is being held. I did not ask for that and their repeated incompetence in delivering a single order has lost my business forever. I requested a refund and now I'm concerned I won't even get my money back since I have no way of ensuring the return is process. Never never doing business with this level of disorganization again.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I bought my bundle in 2016, and when it began to show signs of wear, they replaced them. Happily. Quickly. Graciously. I’m kinda in shock. Feel a little guilty because these sheets and duvet are always on our bed unless being laundered. I get hot flashes but they stop as soon as I lay down on those cool classic white sheets. Seems the least I can do is write this. As they’re honor their lifetime guarantee.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Initially looked into in October as I really liked their duvet cover. I waited until the Thanksgiving sale to order. Apparently it was on back order so nothing got shipped. I called and they said they gave my duvet cover to someone else as they waited for the rest of my order to arrive. They no longer carry the color duvet I wanted! I waited two months to order a duvet that never ended up showing up. Terrible customer service as well. If you want to buy high end sheets, go somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I very recently tried to place an order online for sheets, as guests were coming. The price advertised was a sale price, but when I proceeded to checkout & then to pay w/ code, the sale price still had not shown up. I tried to call customer service, but the message said they had turned the phones off!!!! This on the Friday before Christmas. I didn't need the sheets before Christmas, so tried to reach the company via fax. I was told that the sale had ended (he thought) the day I tried to order, though the website had not been changed. After going through this, I remembered going through the same process last year with this company! Too bad. I like the sheets but not the hassle of dealing with Brooklinen.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I order sheets 11/22, the only receipt I received is from Amazon Pay, no email from the company. I tried numerous times to find out a delivery date but the website keeps saying the same email I used to order is invalid. I left two messages on their site to get back to me and no response. I called them, no response. It is now 11/25 and still no response. Is this the business model of the future, robotic websites with no customer service? Horrible.

Brooklinen author review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Brooklinen is an e-commerce company that manufactures and sells sheets, comforters and pillows. A husband and wife team launched Brooklinen in 2014 as a Kickstarter campaign designed to offer luxury bedding direct to consumers at affordable prices.

• Sheet sets: Brooklinen offers Classic and Luxe sheets with 270 and 480 thread counts respectively. Its best-selling products are sheet sets that include a flat and fitted sheet and two pillowcases. You can also purchase a set with a duvet cover and extra pillowcases.

• Cost savings: Brooklinen sells their products online only, which cuts out retailers and other middlemen and allows Brooklinen to offer more affordable prices.

• Simple selections: Brooklinen does not overwhelm shoppers with too many options. Instead, the products are strictly curated with a handful of high-quality options in each product category.

• Down comforters: Brooklinen specializes in down blankets with a higher-than-average fill power. Fill power describes the fluffiness of down blankets, and the industry standard is around 400. Brooklinen’s down blankets start at a fill power of 700 for a fluffier blanket.

• Environmental concerns: Brooklinen is Oeko-Tex certified. It also sources its down ethically in Canada and offers a down alternative for people who prefer not to use down.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Brooklinen Company Information