4.33/5
  • 1 star
Based on 46 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

46 Broil King Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My experience with this brand has been good overall. We have bought two altogether and had good experiences with both. My model has a side burner but I never used it much. Works well and does well outdoors in hot, humid climates. I like the style of the grill as well. It is easy to clean... I like that a lot. The cooking grates are easy to remove. But, the stacks on top can cause soot marks to the surrounding areas if you are not careful with the placement of your grill. I would like a better stand for the grill as it can sometimes be difficult to hook up the gas canister. More or better counter space would be helpful.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I like all the features of this grill. It is the 3rd grill I have owned and this one is the best. Has lots of great features not found on other grills. And is very reasonably priced. My experience is very good. Lots of information and directions included with grill. It is very sturdy and dependable. Especially on grassy areas as well as on concrete.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The grill is easy to move around, set up and store so it is out of the way during the offseason. Also it is very portable and you can store it in small places. However don't try to entertain with it. The thermometer on the front is not very reliable, sometimes gives false readings. Sides feel somewhat flimsy, scared to put heavy objects on them and very small cooktop too. But it has plenty of space to cook food for one or two people.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I am very pleased with this grill. This grill is easy to use, large cooking area, side stand is very convenient as a place to put my cooking utensils and seasonings. The wheels make it easy to move even for my 5 year old grandson. The only thing is the different color options would make it more aesthetically pleasing. Our last grill was hard to get started for me, I had to get my husband do it. With this grill the operation is very easy and I have no problem doing it myself.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Gets hot quickly, plenty of space to grill, side burner is fantastic for cooking a side dish and keeping all the mess out of the kitchen. The side burner is big enough for a large pot and I often will heat up soup, a sauce, or even hot cider when the weather gets cold. It's an excellent grill and big enough to get an entire meal cooked quickly and enough to feed a large crowd. I would love to have cast iron grill plates. My heat plates have required a few replacements as well.

Also, my starter NEVER works and I always have to light it with a match or lighter. I wish there was an easier backup way to light the grill because I always worry I'm going to light the entire backyard on fire. I also wish it came with a cover because it stays outdoor year round and gets rusty and dirty over time. Even so, I love grilling and love being able to cook a whole meal outside. It's great to be able to feed a large number of people all at once - and to provide really healthy options for everyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broil King?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

It is big and has space on the side to set platters when you take something off the grill. Great experience with it. Great for making food for family get togethers or just a meal at home with family. Works fine all the time and we enjoy it. Maybe could use space on the right side for more platters but overall it's really good.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I would buy this grill again. It's easy to clean, use, and get the refills for the propane tanks, which is great. On retrospect, I wish I'd gotten one with wheels that would make it easier to move around - this one I have to pick up every time I want to use it somewhere else. But the grill is fantastic, it cooks meat great. The brand is also great for this kind of cooking outdoors.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We bought it because it was so beautiful and had a large cooking space big enough for adding family and friends over. It was a good grill for three years then started to clog and the starter kept sticking and eventually wouldn't ignite automatically. So we replaced it but that starter was done by the end of season. The stainless should be polycoated because it was not very pretty even though I cooled it and cleaned it with stainless cleanser but didn't stay pretty too long.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I really like this grill because it has a rotisserie attached. This grill's features also include a side burner which comes in handy for cooking everything outside and a cutting board on one side. Probably the best grill we've had so far and we seem to like the entire thing which lasted us a couple years so far. Our favorite parts are the temperature on the top of the lid which we really appreciate and the size of the grill that is huge so you can make lots of food.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I like being able to burn and cook on different levels, easy cleaning, easy storage and had a good price at the time. It moves around good, has good wheels. It's very sturdy. I like that it has places to hang my utensils. Broil King made it well and it works well for me. But I dislike the fact that it is a gas grill, I am not allowed to have a gas grill here, so I've only used it 5 or 6 times.

Where I live in the fire department says you can only have electric but they do allow us to have a charcoal grill if we pull it away from the building pretty far so it's very hard because when you live different places you're not allowed to have any kind of grill. So even though I really like it I have to sell it, also because it's kind of big. It's easier to sell it than just have to give it away and lose the money I spent on it. Unfortunately these days you have to comply with where you live more than having something that makes you happy. I love to barbecue and wish it was one I could use coal. I wish they would make the grills more safer and easier to work with so the regulations wouldn't be so high.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Covered in stainless steel that won't rust, the Broil King is easy to keep clean and should last the lifetime of the grill. With the easy to read temperature dials on the lower front, cooking is easy without the guesswork and it's easy to set the cooking temperature so your food doesn't burn. However, the grease drip pan is cheap, close to tin foil gauge aluminum foil and for the price you pay for this excellent grill, it really should have been thicker. But it's hard to ruin food, as it heats evenly without the hot spots you no doubt have experienced on cheaper grills.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

It was very well built, strong, very little flame ups and lasted a long number of years grilled steaks and pork chops. I cannot believe how many years it lasted. The only thing that I had trouble with was the burner and I had to order a new one which worked out very well. It was a great investment and I would buy one if I could find one in our area.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Broil King grill is easy to clean, dependable and cooks any food. The family always loves it when we cook out. Nothing better than ribs, a cold beer. I cooks every meat evenly, tastefully... and to the point my 12 asked me if I could cook his girlfriend a burger on it. It's the best grill and I refuse to purchase ANYTHING other than BROIL KING. I am highly dedicated to it and it cooks freakishly AWESOME. It's the one and only grill I have ever owned. I have been buying grills for at least 40 years and I replace it about every 6 to 10 years.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I like Broil King grill because it's fun to use and own. I don't have to worry about any issues and I can cook all my food at once evenly and thoroughly and not have people waiting to eat. I like everything about it including the size and ease of use. It's also easy to clean and maintain. My overall experience has been great and would buy another one of the same brand when and if I ever need to and I would recommend it to anyone who needed a grill.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Electric start is a must, it lights right up and saves me time as it heats up quickly. I like this grill because it heats evenly and gives me great results with everything I grill on it. I like the side burner so that I can cook the entire meal outside. I also have a smoke box to make the meat I cook taste fabulous. But I would like to have a larger second grate over the first so I could fit more things like chicken wings on it so I don't have to take so long making them. I would also like to have a light under the hood to see better.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

The particular grill I got was from an old teacher of mine, but I really like that it is a very small grill that I can take to other places to use. Additionally, the fuel is inexpensive and easy to carry considering it is so small. Really easily to market to singles or couples. The grill is really useful and a very good buy for couples who want to save money and don't need the surface area of a large grill to cook on. I would like instructions on how to compact it labeled on the grill though. Having to manually tinker with the grill in order to find out how the compaction functions work was a very daunting experience, and I think I'm still missing a few things.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I got the Broil King grill back in the spring, so it's still pretty new. It's easy to clean and we have enjoyed it so far this season. It has dual burners and 2 racks and more space on the grates than the previous. I like the side shelves to put things on while cooking and the small 2nd shelf to keep things warm. The wheels makes it easier to roll to the location I will be cooking. There are no big improvements I would make to the grill but I wish the side shelves would fold down which would make the cover easier to put on. It doesn't fit right and leaves part of the grill exposed.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Broil King has innovative design, features and looks, even cooking non sticks surfaces, quality accessories like smoker box, multi gas burner, rotisserie cooking. I like how there is a lot of accessories for it. I do a lot of grilling or barbecuing, it's been great entertaining family and friends, even though I spent more on it than I wanted to. I like that I have several ways I can cook, but it would be nice if it was more affordable. Have affordable extended warranty options, and make accessories affordable as well.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Broil King is a great brand with long history and well-made. Great smells and nice food with friends and family. Faster to get the best bbq chicken breast and grilled bone pork chop, best baked potato chips and hot dogs brats, steak and hamburgers, veggie burgers and veggies and beer, chicken breast, wings and salami and great taste of the smoked and sausage and chili and fish and fruit kabob and desserts. Larger and bigger cooking space, simple to light up and easy to cook for a large group of people. Can be used in business for home cooking and for holiday season and with football season. Heats fast with drip pan and side bar and and motor easy to clean.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I feeling like my Broil King was a great buy. I really like it. Does the trick. We have had many good meals cooked on here and it's supplied lots of good times. The look is outstanding as well. I like the top - the kind of fold down part for hot dogs or hamburgers even buns. The side burner for baked beans in pot. The four flames and the room I have on the grill. I don't have any major gripes but my major problem is that sometimes it burns unevenly. The flames don't all give off the same amount which makes me move stuff a lot.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

When I put a roast on the smoker it comes out so tender and juicy and never once was it dry or hard. It's a good grill and it cook my food at the right temp and retains heat. However, I feel like there could have been a bigger size for the value especially if I'm paying over 200 dollars. But it's a good brand and it's awesome.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Broil King is a standalone grill with heavy grates and shelves and it features a side burner for extra cooking. I have found this grill capable of cooking evenly and maintaining the appropriate serving temperature. Its extra space accommodates all varieties of meats and veggies for great grilling. Plus, it is time saving and cost efficient and I especially like the ease with which it can be cleaned and maintained. The only thing I would improve is its height. It could stand to be a little taller to accommodate those of us who are tall. This would make our experience much more pleasant given the fact that staying in a bent over position is quite uncomfortable.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

This grill had a lot of space on the rack for grilling. It was mobile, had wheels for moving. Stainless steel, 3 burner liquid propane gas grill and long lasting durability, will never rust. Plus, I liked the price on the grill. It also easily folds up for quick storage. Usually my boyfriend was the outdoor chef but this grill was so easy to operate and maneuver that I was able to do the majority of the grilling. It has a large range of temperature controls as well.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The Broil King is designed to provide performance and durability. One side is pointed to give you perfect grilling, the other side is grooved to catch the juices for counting us basting. There are many different models. However, the size of the grill, the burners, pullout drawers and interior lights are made different. But Broil King is made of features that cooking systems that are great and protects these burners while vaporizing the food drippings.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Our Broil King does a good job and we are happy with it. It was an affordable grill so we don't expect the absolute best. We like the size of the grill and store it under a covered porch. It's all black, has two wheels on one side of the cart and there are trays on either side of the grill to place plates and utensils. It's not a big grill at all. However, the cart itself seems to be a little wobbly. It looks like it's not very well made or maybe the screws are loose on the cart part. I would prefer that the cart was made a little more sturdy.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

It was a larger size which was nice for our family and a had a spot to warm buns. It was a charcoal grill, much better than gas to me. Easy to move and relocate when necessary. Stored away in the garage with no issues or problems. It just was worn out because we use an omed it so much. Great grill and I liked it just fine. My mom and dad had one for years and they also used it a lot and loved it.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I enjoy cooking out in the summer. I live in Florida so it's always convenient to cook out on my Broil King BBQ grill. It's nice, durable, heavy, didn't rust and I cooked everyday. I have had my grill for many years and it is as good now as it was back years ago when I purchased it. I'm completely happy with my grill and would purchase this brand again. I love my grill!! No other brand compares.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I can have this grill on my deck without it being too obtrusive and getting in the way of things. The grill is lightweight yet sturdy and it is very easy to use. There is lots of area for storage. Though I wish the chrome would be shinier and I feel like if it is left in the rain too much it just might get tarnished or damaged. Overall, it's really great and I would recommend this Brent to anybody and also consider buying another one in the future when the time comes that I need to replace my current one.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Broil King is an awesome propane grill with 3 burners: rotisserie burner, side burner and main burner. It has stainless steel. The cooking grates are reversible and has cast iron grids with 180 degree heat control. It has linear heat flow. Electric ignition lights the grill easily and very quickly. It also has fold down shelves and a built-in tank holder. The total cooking area is about 400 sq ft.You can roast chicks and grill at the same time. You can even cook your side dish too. It has everything and I love it.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

In transporting the grill's Wheels made it easy to move, Well constructed the propane feature and the ignition start light to Move, easy features & well built. However, the grill has Certain pieces were cumbersome and hard to move, so pieces had to be assembled. Would like to have seen different cooking zones, with different temperatures, more features. But I liked the grill's Cooking space was well oriented, Ease of use and cook with Overall. Very impressed with the product. Liked many of the features, easy to handle as well.

Broil King expert review by ConsumerAffairs

As one of the leading indoor appliance distributors in the United States, Hamilton Beach sells over 35 million appliances every year. Their indoor grills are perfect for small spaces, cold climates and quick cooking. Buy online or at one of many retailers across North America.

• Made in North America: All of Broil King’s grills are manufactured in North America. They have plants in Huntington Indiana, Dickson Tennessee and Waterloo Ontario.

• Online recipe book: Not sure what to cook on your shiny new grill? Don’t worry-Broil King has you covered with an extensive recipe section for everything you could ever want to grill, including seafood, meat, vegetables and even dessert.

• Unique accessories: Broil King’s line of accessories goes beyond the basics, including pizza baking accessories, cast iron griddles and exact fit grids.

• Standing portable grills: Broil King’s portable grills are larger than competitor portable grills, and their legs easily snap into place so they can stand in one place for easy grilling for tailgating or camping.

• Portable smoker: Broil King’s patented Keg smoker is  the perfect travel companion. Buy a hitch adapter to take it along with you anywhere you want to enjoy the great taste and experience of a smoker.

• Best for: Broil King’s grills are best for travelers and homeowners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs