2. Homeowners
  3. Barbecue Grills

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5

Broil King Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broil King?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broil King?

Original review: April 29, 2021

This is a great grill when it works. If you need a repair be prepared to do it yourself. There are no repair shops where you can take your grill. Youtube has several videos that demonstrate how to replace parts on this grill. Customer service at Broil King is the best.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Noticed a small corrosion hole in the cook box base of my 5-year old Baron 320 BBQ, and also what I thought was a crack in one of the burner tubes. Took pictures and sent them to Broil King for warranty verification. No problems. No hassles. Sent me a bare bones cook box base and 3 new burners (they also included 2 new side shelves). I didn't understand why they included the side shelves until I started putting it back together and realized that they had introduced a design change on the cook box base to make the side shelves fold easier. Took me a few hours and some bad language to take the BBQ apart and then reassemble, but all they charged me was $18 for shipping. Thank you Broil King for great customer service and a great warranty experience!

Get buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Fits well on our patio. Leveling at two front wheels. Heats up fast. Generally the grates clean up easy. Food still does stick. Cover is easy to use and clean. Highly recommend the Baron 440 model with natural gas.

Original review: June 20, 2020

Wow! This grill is constructed very well. Also, it is very reliable. You will need to search for their products at Lowe's. Our Broil King Signet 320 works superbly. It heats fairly evenly, seems to be very well-made, and had very favorable reviews prior to our purchase. As owners of gas grills over the years, this is the best we have found. We even decided to invest in a cover. Grills seem to be made to self-destruct nowadays. We have had this grill for two years w/ no issues. I guess time will tell about this grill; however, I am a picky shopper and I **feel** this is the best option in lower-priced grills. Besides, I am not willing to invest $1,000 in a grill only to have it crap out just as quickly as a grill half the price. Good luck w/ your grill choice.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Broil King Regal S490 bought at Lowe's, retail was 1,100 but bought on sale for under 900. dollars and they put it together with free delivery. Has very sturdy grates and 4 big tube burners that work great. Also has lit knobs with a let side cook burner. Bought a 10 dollar grill cover for only ten dollars. I did call customer service because the temp gauge broke, and customer service sent me a new one, I had to pay for shipping so I asked for new drip covers also at no charge. Best grill I have ever owned!

Original review: May 11, 2021

Bought one of their now discontinued models. The workmanship was shoddy because of the use of cheap plastic to secure the external trays. The igniter was faulty and stopped working after a couple of uses. The customer service was appalling when initially tried to resolve the issues and eventually to return the product. Would never recommend this brand to my friends (or enemies).

Original review: May 5, 2021

I purchased the vertical smoker. The temp gauge needle was broken. Not even attached. It’s been a year of sending emails. Still no replacement part. They keep saying it’s on the way. Total **. I will not be buying anything else made by them. If this is how they act over such a simple fix think what it would be for something hard.

Original review: March 26, 2021

I purchased a Broil King gas grill 3 years ago. It was supposed to be equal to a Weber grill. So last night I went to use it. When I turned on the gas there was a bunch of metal on the tank. So I looked under the grill and the whole bottom rusted out. And the grates were all rusted also, so I called their customer service number and told them what had happened. They told me there was nothing they could do. So now I have to buy a new gas grill and it will be a WEBER. I will never purchase anything from broil king again, and I will make sure no one I know does either!!! **

Original review: March 13, 2021

I have had super cheap BBQs all my life and they served me well. I decided to invest in a more expensive "quality" product like a Broil King and I’m so, so, so disappointed. I feel like I’ve been robbed 800$. It’s more rusted after 5 months of usage than the last low budget one I threw away after 15 years of usage!!! After contacting customer service I learn that only certain prices are guaranteed and that I have to pay for shipping. They also suggested that I probably didn’t properly care for the grill and left my bbq on high temperature for long period of time!! Really?? I’m a trained chef and know how to use and care for cooking devices. And as I can read out here, it rust seems to be a big issue for this company.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Extremely the worst service ever! I decided to buy a charcoal grill last summer from Broil King based on their warranty. The barrel immediately started leaking and the diffusers twisted. Long story short, I have been waiting on a replacement since last June and nothing yet. (End of Feb. 2021) I have been in contact with a CSR named Edith ** and she is not much help, many emails back and forth. I have also been in touch with Edith's Supervisor named Scott ** and he is useless with zero customer service skills. Scott hung up on me when I asked him that I would like to speak to the individual he reports to. I have contacted Edith again via phone and asked her to inform Scott to call me back. Edith said Scott will call me back that afternoon which was sixteen days ago. I'm still waiting for Scott's phone call! Don't get fooled with the warranty Broil King has to offer!

Broil King author review by ConsumerAffairs

As one of the leading indoor appliance distributors in the United States, Hamilton Beach sells over 35 million appliances every year. Their indoor grills are perfect for small spaces, cold climates and quick cooking. Buy online or at one of many retailers across North America.

• Made in North America: All of Broil King’s grills are manufactured in North America. They have plants in Huntington Indiana, Dickson Tennessee and Waterloo Ontario.

• Online recipe book: Not sure what to cook on your shiny new grill? Don’t worry-Broil King has you covered with an extensive recipe section for everything you could ever want to grill, including seafood, meat, vegetables and even dessert.

• Unique accessories: Broil King’s line of accessories goes beyond the basics, including pizza baking accessories, cast iron griddles and exact fit grids.

• Standing portable grills: Broil King’s portable grills are larger than competitor portable grills, and their legs easily snap into place so they can stand in one place for easy grilling for tailgating or camping.

• Portable smoker: Broil King’s patented Keg smoker is  the perfect travel companion. Buy a hitch adapter to take it along with you anywhere you want to enjoy the great taste and experience of a smoker.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team