Brita Water Filters

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Take a Water Treatment Systems Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Brita Water Filters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brita Water Filters?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brita?

Original review: April 17, 2018

I am writing to share my story of health after drinking water processed through the Brita Water pitcher. My husband purchased the system and we immediately went from drinking plenty of daily tap water to equal amounts of water processed through the Brita water filter (pitcher). Within two days, I was struck with extreme abdominal bloating, intestinal burning, nausea, body pain, and metallic taste in mouth. I have hardware in both feet from past surgeries, and those areas were also heightened with burning and pain, not relieved with the OTC pain medication and prescription medicine (nausea and pain). I literally thought I possible had ovarian or liver cancer as the pain was so severe and I went from feeling vital with life to complete fear that my body had shifted to a serious health engulfed to a soul feeling of doom.

After almost two weeks of confusion and complete fear, I had a lightbulb moment and asked my husband if maybe going from complete tap water to this Brita water filter might have been too abrupt and we had deprived our systems of some minerals or other essentials that may be beneficial from tap water. Without my knowledge, he went online and found sites where individuals have shared similar negative experiences with this water filter system. Of course, we immediately stopped the filtered water and are slowly recovering. I hope people reach out to search online to comments that are informative about their experiences, as I was ready to start writing my obituary.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Received Brita Optimax as a Christmas gift. The tap has given constant issues leaking. Tried tightening and plastic cracked. Brita customer service not interested in helping or resolving. I will not be buying any more of their products in the future or recommending to anyone else. I have spent hundreds of pounds over the years with Brita jugs and filters. Seems like a Reverse Osmosis unit may be a better and cheaper option.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I purchased the 34oz Hard Sided Chevron Water Bottle only a week ago from my local Target. I expecting a quality product being that I have the Brita pitcher and haven’t had any issues, not to mention the fact that I paid $18 for it. For that price tag I would expect to at least be able to drink through the straw. Not happening! I have to suck very hard which is actually causing my mouth to be sore.

The item also leaks quite a bit. Nothing a paper towel can’t handle, however you would think a trusted company such as Brita would be able to address the seemingly simple imperfections in the design of this particular product. I am so disappointed with this product. I was happy to find a water bottle that was big enough to hold an abundant amount of water to lessen the frequent trips to the water fountain. I will say the bottle does perform the function of filtering and improving the taste of tap water, but what’s the point if it’s near impossible to drink out of? Please fix this issue!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Unbelievable! Is it normal? I even cleaned a little bit. Unlucky me I bought 3 filters. Last 2 filters made a big mess. I have been trying to finish them. My mouth is so dry and I wake up during night 3 times or 4. I will definitely not buy ever again. :/ Back to bottles...

Original review: March 22, 2018

I bought a multi-pack faucet filter cartridges, and two of them cracked at the lower seam and water sprayed all over. When I contacted Brita through their website, they would not give me their e-mail address to send them a picture of the cracked faucet filters...conveniently "wearing-out" customers! Their products are really sub-standard!

Original review: March 11, 2018

I just purchased the water pitcher. Followed instructions to the letter... Vomited within 15 minutes after 1st glass of water... Chalked it up as a fluke... 2nd glass same result with terrible nausea... Will not buy any other Brita products!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I think Brita is having a serious problem regarding his filters. As me and my family have diarrhea and stomach pain for two days with our filter. After we decided to stop using it and used bottled water instead we were fine and no diarrhea anymore. This company should be investigated to find the underlying cause of people having diarrhea and stomach pain when using its filter product.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I bought a (used!!!) Brita Filter off of e-bay to save a few bucks. After struggling to install the filter for a few moments, I finally got it in and filled the pitcher with water, after rinsing it for around 15 seconds. the water was a maroon color. Why is this? Plus, what are the little black particles around the filter? I live in an apartment and park on the street and don't like carrying big plastic jars of distilled water, but maybe I'd be better off forgetting about Brita.

I know the company will defend themselves and the consumers writing on this will say it's the worst. Maybe it's somewhere in between. Plus, is drinking tap water in Bayonne, in Hudson County, New Jersey, okay? I know it's great in New York City because it comes from the Catskill mountains. Someone, please, help with some observations and suggestions.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Brita filter pitchers and filters are half-cooked designs at best. There are reasons why newer designs used by competitors include screw-in filters and snapping lids. Brita pitcher is plagued with annoying features, like these: The filters have to be spun round and round, until the grooves line up to seat itself into the pitcher, The filters float up out of the socket, allowing water to flow into the reservoir, defeating filtration. The hinged lid inside the larger lid falls down when trying to fill the pitcher with tap water. The whole lid assembly easily falls off from water pressure, when pouring filtered water out.

If you're lucky enough to get past all these pitfalls, water passes through small filters fast. That's convenient, but think about that - It couldn't possibly filter very well - or as well as the slower competition. The antithesis to this is a ceramic filter: Really really slow filtration; very inconvenient; but very good filtration. Summary: Bad design. This entire product needs to be redesigned. But it won't. Because the speed of "filtration", cheap replacement filter cost, and familiarity appeal to the masses - most who do not know the difference or care about even these real differences I've just dispelled.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Do not buy this product (Brita Longlast). I first installed the product in my water pitcher and I tested the filtered water to see how well it filter and it was not that great. It was filtering but who knows what it was filtering. I think it was just taking out the chlorine in the water and that is about it. I put the filter in on the 13th of October and it filtered very slowly. It is now the 22nd and there is no water coming out of the filter at all. We have a newer home and there is no lead pipes and we are on town water that filters a lot of things out of the water already. So there should be nothing that should be clogging this filter at all. It is a waste of money and poor filtration. Talk about getting ripped off. Do not buy this product.

Brita Water Filters Company Information