Brinkmann Grills

Compare Barbecue Grills

Research top Barbecue Grills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bought Brinkmann 5 burner Grill 4-29-2015, assembled and didn't use until 8/15. I had a fire with the unit 9/15. It is now 10/16 and the grill looks like it's 10 years old with no finish left on it rusting, burners rotted out, burner channels fell off. Then I find out that Brinkmann is Chapter 11. I wonder why!

It was a dark and stormy night. Ok, I'll stop. But I have BBQ'd on such occasions. It was 10 years and change, just before Father's Day. I was looking for a BBQ. My wife asked me what I wanted for Father’s day and I said a BBQ. Nothing else. Just get me something I can burn some meat on. Something not too expensive, strong and reliable. Nothing less. No description, no price but she knows I'm frugal. I went to Home Depot, Wal-Mart, and Lowe's. Never told her the exact model I was looking at. I swear. Never told her the price range, nothing. It was like, guess the covert BBQ that I want.

Father’s Day arrives, and so does the exact BBQ that I was looking at. From Brinkmann. TRUE STORY!!! WOW! HOW DO YOU LADIES DO THAT??!!! Is it the primitive sole permeating through the Man, or the BBQ? Who knows... Only his lady, but this was a Home Run! What? I'm a coal addict. I have fed the world, my friends and company. Your 10 year old Brinkmann has stood the test of time. Winter, Spring, (or Sprinter as we call it in Nevada). Summer is brutal. I want another one. Not what you have on the floor. I want this one back. I have been in love with my wife as long as I've had my Brinkmann. Kidding. It's been a lot longer, but boy did this enhance the lover time. Note to the guys. Duh! Get cooking!

So, I'm not even going to go out on a limb and say that in 10 years, I've cooked over a TON of Meat, Chicken, Pork, Ribs, and Fish, small animals that just needed it, veggies, and potatoes. Because I have!!! This gear is TOUGH! (Come over to my house and I'll fire up the absolutely BEST Tri-Tip on coals you ever tasted.Or your money back). THANK YOU BRINKMANN!!! You have helped me feed my family, and friends for more than a decade. Look forward to your smoker version. (Da best Italian cook in Da West, You Got That?) Ciao.

Indestructible! That's our Brinkmann grill. Purchased 9 years ago from Home Depot in Danbury, Connecticut on our return from living in Florida for 5 years. It was cheap, about $129 and we thought what the hey, who knows how long we'll be at the address! Turns out 7 years. In the beginning we covered the grill through the winter, then we had a BIG storm and the cover blew away. Always meant to get a new one but... just never did. This grill sits on our deck, rain, shine, blistering heat, frigid wind chill, sleet, snow... and beaucoup inches of snow. Yet, every time, and I mean every time, I step outside to light this grill, BOOM it lights. Insides have seen better days but we just want to finish this season, give it a proper burial and buy another one. At least for us we have more than gotten our money's worth from this little guy that just chugs along and... the food cooked on the Brinkmann is superb. Buy one.

I bought a Brinkmann Smoker 2 yrs. ago. Been sitting on my back patio. Just recently I went to move the grill around the patio and the charcoal pan rusted and just fell off... And the reason that is the metal is too thin. For outside usage this is not practical. I use to have a smoker years ago and never had a problem. Because it was made of thicker metal thus did not rust out. They sure don't make things like they use to. If this is how they make grills I will never buy a Brinkmann. Maybe they should stick to just making flashlights, or maybe not. They are not that great of a product either.

I can tell you how disappointed I am that a reputable company like Home Depot keeps this product on their floor. I can't tell you how many parts I have had to replace in the past 3 years that I have owned this piece of ** - can I say that? Oh yeah save a few hundred over a real grill. I am thinking of dropping this off at Home Depot and buying direct from Weber, yes more money no aggravation no more replacement parts. Have a nice day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brinkmann?

Purchased the Brinkmann 5 burner gas grill just last year after Labor Day because they were on special at Home Depot. Worked just fine the few times I used it last year. Worked just fine a few times this year as well. Around 3 weeks ago I found I could not shut off the valves because the dials would not operate so I just turned off the propane at its valve. The next time I used it, the knobs worked okay to ignite the grill. After I was done grilling, I could not turn the knobs. They just would not turn the grill valves off.

I have never had an experience like this before with any grill I ever owned. Can't imagine what the problem is. I thought it might be a vapor lock but that's not it. What I do know is that this should not be a problem. I am not at all satisfied with this product. The stainless steel lid is also showing discoloration. I use a cover whenever this grill is not being used. You could not give me another one of these grills. It is by far the cheapest grill I have ever had and I'm sorry I bought it.

I purchased my Brinkmann barbecue 5 years ago at Home Depot. I used it twice a month for the 1st 2 years, not at all for a year, and twice a week for the past 2 years. I hardly take care of it at all. I mean I don't even clean it. It still works perfect. I purchased a cover for it, which I replace every 2 years as they don't hold up well in the sun. I'm sorry to see so many others having problems. I mean California, so maybe the dry weather helps?

Internal parts failing. Well taken care of. Used 25 times in 2 years. Model #810-3660-s elite dual sear gas grill. First burner broke at weld. Received replacement burner. Father's day... sear burner and all gas tubes rusted and broken again. Company is bankrupt and replacement parts are no longer available under their lifetime warranty. $320.00 wasted. I want to start a class-action lawsuit to recoup the money I threw away on this junk! Is anybody out there to help? BBB has been notified. I demand a refund! BRINKMANN PARTS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. COMPANY IS BANKRUPT.

I've read all of the negative reviews of Brinkmann and felt that I should weigh in with a positive experience. A few years ago I purchased a Brinkmann Trailmaster Limited Edition Side Firebox Smoker/Grill and have been very happy with it. I noticed that a lot of people are unhappy with the quality of the parts and how they break down so quickly. I have not had that problem. That being said after every season I break down my smoker and give it a thorough cleaning for the winter and then in the Spring I grind down any rust that might have occurred over the winter and repaint it with a good high-temperature grill paint.

The only thing I'm getting ready to replace is the firebox which is to be expected because it is the one part that is exposed to high heat every time I cook. The only thing that I have not been happy with are the grill covers which is why the product an overall 5. I've had to buy a new one each season as they don't stand up to the northern winters very well.

We purchased a Brinkmann Grill two years on Memorial Day. I had received two excellent referrals from two good friends. Living in South Florida, we get to grill very often, year round. Since this grill was a significant investment over the much less expensive one we had previously purchased, I caved and also purchased the Brinkmann grill cover. Each time we finished grilling, I cleaned off the grates using misting water and a steel brush, then wiped down with wet-then-dry paper towels. I cleaned off the two trays and any other place needing it, let it dry and put the cover on.

About the fourth or fifth time, I noticed a definite discoloration of the steel on both hoods and the two trays. I continued caring for the grill each time we used it and always covered it. Nevertheless, it has progressively grown worse, but is still functional. So, after uncovering the grill today, I decided I needed to do something. I took several photos and sat down to write them a complaint letter! Guess what I just found out!! Too little, too late!

My fiancee and I bought a 3 burner gas grill with charcoal grill also attached 2 years ago. Worked fine for a year and last year we thought 2 of the burners went and it wouldn't ignite without a match. We still used the charcoal side. This year went to replace the burners, found out all three did, and when we got ready to change them, the whole burner area fell completely apart. I've never heard of a grill only lasting less than 2 years. Little did we know this company file for bankruptcy until today. No wonder. Very poorly made.

We purchased our 5-burner grill with single side burner approximately 2 years ago (2014). Within the first year our cross channels all broke off so we only had one functioning burner. We were able to purchase the replacement parts through Home Depot... This spring we uncovered our grill to find that now the ignitor is bad and the regulator is no good! Biggest piece of junk!

I was gifted the Brinkmann five-burner grill for a wedding present from my father. I used it a half dozen times during the fall and come winter covered it. Come spring I uncovered the grill to find that the surface had flash rusted. Cleaned it off with a brillo pad. When I went to fire the grill up only one burner worked. Happened to be the starter burner but nothing else.

Took grill plates off and found these small metal channels sitting at the bottom of the grill pan. I looked and they apparently are used to flow the propane to burners. I look and the things don't even look welded together. I touched the last remaining channel and it fell straight off without any resistance. I went to Lowe's and bought a pack of metal screws for $1.86. Drilled holes into the piece of metal tube used for channeling propane and in the brackets. Screwed them together and it's back to working. Brinkmann has to be the cheapest and shoddiest POS I've ever had the displeasure of owning. I know the grill was bought for $399 at Kroger. It's disgusting how cheaply this thing is made. Brinkmann should feel bad. Real bad. Don't buy any of their grills. Stick to Weber or a stick over an open fire over Brinkmann products.

How long should a "stainless steel" bbq last? The outside looks decent, but inside? It's a disaster. I can no longer use this grill and don't see why I should replace the parts since they will meet the same fate. No wonder Brinkman filed for bankruptcy. Very inferior product. Stay away from Brinkman.

I received this Brinkmann 4 burner w/ side burner grill as a Christmas gift in 2014. Put it into use in May of 2015. In January 2016 I noticed it listing to one side and checked and one of the legs had completely rusted off and was amputated. Contacted Brinkmann via their email address immediately and today is March 9th and absolutely no response. Shame on Home Depot for selling such absolute crap! I think I can get about $4.00 for it at the local scrap yard and it wasn't even worth that when it was new. Don't buy Brinkmann and don't patronize Home Depot if this is the quality of merchandise they will sell. When you buy from a retailer you put your trust in them to supply you with merchandise that will perform as expected. One season of grilling is hardly performing at an acceptable level.

I live in NJ and use my grill all year round. We first had a Char-broil 5 burner which lasted a couple of years before things started to rust out and break. The only thing that didn't fall apart were the brass jets/elements which are guaranteed. What good are they if the rest of the grill is falling apart? We then bought a Brinkmann 5 burner with 1 side burner. All good for a few years until the same things started happening as the Charbroil. I replaced the elements and the grill tops. Now the ledge that holds the grill tops are rusting out and they are falling through.

In fairness, I do keep the grill under an overhang but not inside a garage or shed so it does get some weather. I just don't have the will to wheel it across the yard and inside after every use. My daughter has a Weber and it's okay but I can see the same things starting to happen with that one as well. I think these things just don't last and because of that, I would not buy an expensive grill that will end up meeting the same fate as the last two. I'll wait for the year end sales and haggle with Home Depot for a low price.

I live in FL, we grill at least 300 days a yr. I was going through a Charbroiler about every 18 months. So I up the game & got a Brinkmann model 810-3660-S. Consumer reviews say it cannot stand up to a breese (not wind), true, does not heat up (has very little burner flame), true. I tried to adjust burner flame, makes no difference (open/close air to gas ratio on the burner bar or whatever you call it). I bought the Brinkmann because Lowe's has parts for it unlike they do not have parts for Charbroiler. There is a reason Brinkmann is in chapter 11 (high price, low quality). Next time I will spend my SS check and try Webber.

What a horrible experience! Brinkmann is a terrible company, staffed with rude employees, no quality control, ABSOLUTELY AWFUL Customer Service (if you can even call it that), and inferior product, made poorly! We bought this grill as a final piece to a full backyard remodel. Opening the box I noticed the thermostat was stuck on 100 degrees - the temp outside was around 70. There were no grills in the box, and one of the casters was made so poorly that the ball bearings fell out while being assembled. I called Home Depot and they told me to contact Brinkmann, or return the unit.

I made the terrible choice to keep the grill and try to work with BRINKMANN. What a nightmare! I called Brinkmann and of course you can never "talk" to anyone so I left my name and number. I was called 6 hours later and was instructed to fill out the Warranty form. I filled out the Warranty Form requesting a thermostat, grills and a wheel. The box came about 2 weeks later (yes 2 weeks), and opening the box I saw that the parts were just randomly thrown together. During shipment the grills were allowed to flop around in the box and broke the new replacement thermostat! I called "Customer Service" and left a message. No reply. I called the next day and left a message. I also filed out the Contact Us form on the website. No reply.

The third day I called, left a message and a man named "Dan" or "David" from Customer Service called me back - and how rude! I explained that I bought a new grill with a bad thermostat, a new one was sent that was bro... He interrupted me and said "So what do you want from me?" I told him that I had a large family party in 8 days, and I'd like them to overnight a thermostat. He laughed!! I couldn't believe it! He said, (QUOTE) "There is no way we are spending $30 to overnight you a $10 Thermostat. You can get it Ground." I said (1) I didn't think it would arrive in time. (2) It wasn't my fault the original was a piece of garbage. (3) It wasn't my fault the SHIPPING DEPARTMENT was staffed with low level pathetic employees that can't do their job. (4) And I have a party that I need the barbecue for so I'd appreciate a bit of courtesy. He again laughed! He said "You'll get it when you get it. I am not going to overnight it."

I asked for a supervisor. He said he didn't have a supervisor! I asked to speak to someone else. He told me no - If I wanted it then it would be shipped GROUND. "Anything else?" I asked for a tracking number. He told me "how do you expect me to give that to you when it's not even shipped yet? What am I MAGIC?" I was never treated so rudely ever! If I lived in the City, I would have driven down and punched him in the face! I love how chicken (you know what) people hid behind telephones and internet, but don't have maturity to face someone to insult and be rude to them FACE-TO-FACE!

So I waited, and waited, and waited. I ordered the thermostat on October 1st. As of today October 9, it still hasn't been shipped! I called on October 7 and left my call back number. I called on October 8 and left my number. I called again today and left a call back number. I then called Home Depot and complained heavily to their management. I was told that the grill was recalled. I packed up the terrible grill, took it back and got my money. I told HOME DEPOT that they should not carry inferior product like Brinkmann, and I took the money and bought a nice CHAR-BROIL grill from Fry's Electronics.

One person wrote that the majority of the weight of the assembled grill was in the grill plates which mean the grill is constructed of lightweight and inferior metal. Many people wrote that the grills rust within one or two years - even when the grill was covered!! Stay away from Brinkmann. There are literally thousands of complaints on this pathetic company. Do not buy BRINKMANN! You too will be sorry! TAGS: Inferior Product; Poor workmanship; Lack of Customer Service; Rude Representatives; Shipping delays; Lack of ownership; No problem resolution ability; Absolutely horrible.

5 Burner Grill Model 810-3660S - I bought this grill at a Home Depot in April 2014. Worked fine. Didn't get as hot as I would have liked, but it was sufficiently hot. Last week I heated up the grill with the top closed, as I always do. Then I put some marinated chicken on the "searing" section of the grill. Within a minute or two some of the drippings caught fire, which happens, and normally I turn the flame down, relocate the food, and close the top so that the grease that has ignited goes out. Within a minute of the top closing the flame started to grow, and keep growing. Now I opened the top to try and see what was burning. When I opened the top flames now started shooting up 4-5 feet in the air. I pulled the food off the grill, and now flames were engulfing the entire grill, burning the finish off the grill. Branches that were near the grill started to singe and the grill fire was put out with a fire extinguisher.

The next morning I noticed that a piece of the metal fuel line that connected 2 of the burners was sitting at the bottom of the grill. I can only assume this is why the flames were shooting up in the air. The next morning I went to Home Depot to discuss and they gave me the contact number at Brinkmann. The assembler there also told me that last year they had to take all of these grills off the shelf because there was a recall due to a regulator problem (Brinkmann denied this). By now you will guess that Brinkmann was not going to do anything but send me a replacement part. My grill is destroyed, and even if it wasn't destroyed I would not trust using this grill or any other Brinkmann product ever again.

And their customer service?? A joke. Regarding the recall that the Home Depot assembler mentioned the response was: "That grill didn't have a recall on it or its parts." And followed that with: "Please note that as the manufacturer, we don't authorize the replacements, exchanges or refunds of these entire units. We elect to send out replacement parts under warranty if they're covered per the date of purchase on your sales receipt." So they want to send me a piece of metal for ME to replace. No thanks. Stay away from this company. Far away.

I purchased a Brinkmann gas grill from Home Depot in May this year. There was no brochure with the unit. HD gave me a model number. Heat tent on unit disintegrated and tried to order a new one from Brinkmann. After going through hours of trying I finally ordered the part according to the model number. The model number I was given was wrong and I received the wrong part. When I finally got a service rep after hours of waiting for return call, he told me that because I ordered the wrong part from the wrong model I was out of luck for a return. He was surly and rude and I fired back at him that he could stick his Brinkmann. Home Depot are attempting to get me the right part. I would never ever buy another Brinkmann product again.

Had this grill for over a year, didn't use it much. Now it won't light. I thought the hose was kinked so I took it off. I could blow through it so I put it back on and it worked once or twice then quit again. I took it off but couldn't blow through it now. Some internet post say disconnect the tank, wait 15 seconds, reconnect, open tank slowly then light left burner first, but that doesn't work. Guys that work for our gas company told me I may have froze the regulator, ruining it.

I purchased a stainless steel Brinkmann 5 burner gas grill, model 810-1750-S from Home Depot in March 2012. I've been unable to use the grill since early this year 2015, and have been trying to get replacements parts. Basically in less than 3 years, the crossover channels were completely rusted, making the grill unusable. When we discovered the channels were rusted I contacted Brinkmann. I had some trouble contacting a representative, but finally got through. I was told to email a warranty form and copy of original receipt. I did so, and was sent replacement parts. Unfortunately, we were sent the wrong replacement parts, even though I did specify the exact model number, and included the receipt. Now I'm trying to get the correct replacement parts, but it's impossible to get a response from this company.

I emailed twice in the last 2 weeks (using the same Brinkmann email address I originally used to submit my warranty form). No response from Brinkmann. I called today, and was not allowed to speak to a live person. I was told I'd receive a call back, but again no response. I tried to complete a contact form on their website, and received an internal error message. But they immediately signed me up for their email marketing list, which I didn't request. I don't believe this grill should be advertised as a stainless steel grill, when you think stainless, you think NO rusting would happen. I'm highly dissatisfied with the whole process at this point. I don't know if we'll be able to successfully repair this grill even if we do receive the parts.

My husband used a Dremel to cut the cross channels off, referencing user tips from customers with the exact same Brinkmann grill issue online, because the screws were completely rusted and could not be unscrewed or even drilled out. Three years and $469 plus tax for a piece of junk grill from Brinkmann in my opinion. My smaller Charbroil grill that I replaced was crappy looking, and wasn't stainless steel, but it lasted me a good 15 years.

Handle broke while cleaning. Then burners failed. They do not stand behind their product.

Bought this grill three years ago. Take care of all my grill. Clean them a few times a year. Cover them all the time. This year the handle fell off. The spot welds failed. Now the burners failed. The inside of the grill was an inferno. I'm lucky it didn't burn my house down. I will never buy a Brinkmann grill again. Save your money and buy something else.

Brinkmann trailmaster set 74276. I bought this smoker for my girlfriend that moved and had to leave her smoker behind. Issues: bent leg in bolt area. I was able to straighten. Several bolts and nuts stripped. One hole in the ash box is egg shaped. I stopped working on it because it was making me very very mad. I wanted to punch someone in the face. I spent $300 on something I can't put together. I will try to take it to Home Depot as is and get my money back. I will never buy another Brinkman, ever.

Purchased Brinkmann grill from local Home Depot in Broomall, PA in June 2014. Used one summer and then covered for winter. Won't light for this season. Tried every suggestion in trouble shooting. Contacted Home Depot..."You are past a year. Call Brinkmann". Two messages with no call back. Back to Home Depot..."We can't help you." Finally a call back from Home Depot customer service. They had trouble getting to Brinkmann!!! Hundreds of complaints online about these grills. NEVER will purchase anything from Home Depot again. Last response was they will mail me replacement parts(?). Considering no one can understand this faulty grill, what are they going to send me? I obviously (in addition to many others) got a "lemon". New Lowe's right down the block is my go to going forward.

I purchased a cover for my new grill right from the get go. The results were as if I never purchased one. The interior of the grill has rusted out and many of the "flavor bars" rusted out. The surface mounts for them also rotted out and will not support any new bars. The built-in thermometer seldom registers. The burners are rusted and the flow of gas is random and not even. The cover is shedding paint or metal. I'm not sure which. The cooking grills have rotted in places all the way thru.

The exterior shows little sign of any kind of wear except for the poorly designed chrome plate which goes between the control panel and the grill well. It peeled and wore away and was adversely affected by the heat of the grill. It was impacted with the first use. The only thing to do is junk it. Cost of replacing all the interior parts... If they were available... Make me want to purchase a Weber and never look back. That was a great grill that I previously owned for better than 15 years with the bars needing the only replacement. I never covered that grill... GO figure. Not a grill or brand I will ever buy again.

I have had my Brinkmann 5-burner grill for a little over a year. It looks great, but when you grill, the flames do not adjust very well. You are constantly having to adjust the flame or change bottles. I have had 2 different times where the grill just caught fire and good thing I was close by and had a fire extinguisher to put the grease fire out. The grease sits on the bottom tray and does not drain well, then catches fire. Nothing like a grease fire close to the house. I feel this is the biggest POS (piece of **) that I have ever purchased from Home Depot. My Char Broil never did this. You do get what you pay for. This one will find its way out of here. DO NOT BUY OR WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A BRINKMANN GRILL.

I purchased a 5 burner gas grill from Kroger. First time cookout with this new grill and my husband noticed one of the knobs fell off. He went to pick it off the ground and the second knob fell off. The burners were on low but the grill was so intensely hot the knobs were melting... even the sear knob melted. My husband quickly went to the propane tank to turn off the gas. Otherwise, we might have had a HUGE house fire. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this grill at all. I wish I would have did research and viewed reviews of Brinkmann brands!

I have a Brinkmann 5 burner grill. Problem is and always has been the burners end up for some reason have a low flame. I am reduced to using only two burners at a time, making for an extremely long barb process, due to low heat. These Grills are quite expensive, so I thought I was getting a high quality product. This is not the case. This is the second one I've purchased and if unable to procure the parts necessary to bring this thing back to life, I will never purchase this brand again and will make sure everyone I know and friends through social media know that this product is not representative of the cost in no way shape or matter. I haven't had the thing for three years and it's already failing me.

Brinkmann Grills Company Profile