2.35/5
Based on 121 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Bosch Appliances

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 13, 2018

823 Bosch Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We purchased a vacuum cleaner from Bosch, which stopped working. Our first call to Bosch customer service was over 6 months ago. We were emailed a manual on how to clean the sensors on the unit. Did not fix it. Called again. Told a service agent would be in touch. Heard nothing. Called again. Apparently assigned a different service agent, who would also call us directly. After hearing nothing, we tried calling ourselves. Phone number disconnected. Searched business online for another number. Also disconnected.

After ringing Bosch one more time, not only did the Bosch rep not know that they are referring people to a discontinued business, but stated they were still operational, and insinuated we had not followed up to raise our concerns. I cannot say how many times we have called Bosch. Each time with no real concern that we have a product that doesn't work, or that we spent a substantial amount more to buy what we thought was a good brand. Not only am I disappointed in this service, but the product. I will ensure that everyone I know, knows what they are in for, if have anything to do with Bosch.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Something terribly dysfunctional about Bosch and how they treat customers. After receiving several marketing letters pushing that I purchase a service plan because my warranty had expired, I agreed and sent a check. When my dishwasher broke I contacted Bosch and filed a maintenance request. After 10 days of silence from Bosch, I called and was told that my request would not be honored because I was still under warranty. I then contacted the service department and was told to send a copy of my purchase receipt, which I did. After another 10 days of silence, I again contacted Bosch and was told that the person handling my case had been in “training” and I should send a picture of my defective part... which I did. Again total silence from Bosch!

Does anyone work at Bosch? The only efficient thing they do is cash my check. Why would they send marketing material imploring that I purchase a service plan when I’m still under warranty? The material specifically warns that my warranty had expired. Then when I ask for servicing they ignore my request then decline to honor their contract. I’ll never buy Bosch again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

When remodeling my kitchen my sister in law told me not to buy a Bosch dishwasher. She dislikes hers. We were buying all other Bosch appliances so we risked it. The dishwasher came unusable. The drum that houses the dishwasher and holds the water in was pierced in manufacture. It took us one month and many phone calls to get a Bosch technician out to tell us it was not repairable and authorize replacement. It then took Bosch 8 weeks to find a new replacement dishwasher and someone to install it.

We live in Philadelphia, you could trip over plumbers in our neighborhood. Now it is less than a year since we have the brand new replacement and it no longer works. Waited 2 weeks to get a technician out to tell us that the pump, mother board and one other part have gone bad. Problem is they are not in stock so now we are one month into no working dishwasher (again) and still waiting for repair. Each call to Bosch is at least a 20 minute wait on hold (apparently they have a slew of problems to deal with) and it takes at least 3 phone calls to get anyone out to your house. Just don't do it. Save yourself the hassle.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Quiet, you do not realize it's on! Love the dishwasher. I have never owned a Bosch before, they are expensive but worth it! Would highly recommend this brand!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Terrible dishwasher - Was delivered yesterday. The inside is small and very badly arranged. Cycle is 2 hrs. 10 min., sort of chemical smell when finished. Door opens too close to floor (not good for seniors). Why does a company put their name on something like this. I've read a lot of negative reviews. Lots of water left on dishes. Side of door sticks. Would not buy again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Did not dry dishes well but otherwise worked ok and was very quiet. Just broke recently after 12 years and is so expensive to even have a repair person come look at it that I am buying another brand of dishwasher instead of trying to fix it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Extremely quiet, right size for a small family while being roomy. Racks don't adjust but no need since they are spaced well and provide several options for dish and pot placement.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Reliable, VERY quiet (opened door many times thinking cycle was complete!) and large capacity. Cleaning results were excellent. Virtually maintenance free and I believe is a great value for all the benefits received.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Very quiet running. Love the stainless steel interior, roomy utensil basket and adjustable dividers on top rack make loading larger items a breeze.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

The door cord keeps breaking because it is too heavy to hold the door. I have to be very careful when I open and close it. It is not configured with eco-space.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I had to replace motor when out of warranty and son broke glass in dw. Outside of that, it is pushing 7 plus years. Starting to make noises when using, but overall has been a good dw.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Super quiet machine. It cleans well and the stainless interior stays bright with a little vinegar added once in a while. The dishes are clean and it is reliable.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Love the upper rack that holds silverware. It can hold a lot and the way it position the knives, upward, so it does not dig into the plastic coating. Common sense will tell you when washing hot, plastic gets warm and knives get hot and start to dig in and then the metal start to rust and break off. Then the middle rack can be adjusted up or down as needed. Damn thing is so quiet, and the only way to tell it is running, the red LED at the bottom is on.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

This dishwasher is too quiet for me. I can't hear when it is running like my old Kenmore. If it just had a tone when it started and quit I would be happy. All the buttons are hidden in the door so I can't even see those if it is on and running. Other than that it is very good.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

We had this dishwasher for 12 yrs with no problems until this month, it quit. Parts have been discontinued. The dishwasher looks brand new. All stainless steel inside. A shame it has to go to waste.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Cleans exceptionally well in efficient amount of time. Great basket layout. Quietest dishwasher we have ever had. Not even our dog is woken up. Able to program to start early morning and have clean dishes ready for breakfast. You get what you pay for with this brand.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I love everything about this dishwasher, especially how unbelievably quiet this is when it's on. I would buy this dishwasher again. It cleans wonderfully & is very easy to use.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Bosch Chinese made parts everywhere. They all do the same except for a few little features. Nothing new here. Hard to find a dishwasher that stays quiet for more than 1 year. After that the noises come flying through.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

The Bosch is the quietest dishwasher we've owned. It cleans effectively and spaces are identified for dishes/glasses. Run time is ~ two hours.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

This Bosch has 3 pull out draws; the top one just for silverware. But the usual upright silverware compartments are easier to use and providing the 3rd pull-out draw cramps the space for the lower draws. Otherwise, the Bosch is great.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Takes too long for a cycle. I do like the 3 racks; the very top rack is very convenient for knives and small objects. Very quiet - can tell it's on only by the light on the floor.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

It is very quiet. I love the third rack on top where you can put knives, lids and other utensils. The dishes come out very clean and dry. It looks great.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

This dishwasher is clearly the best ever. Love it. Incredibly quiet, cleans marvelously. Not afraid to run it overnight or when I am not at home.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

We remodeled our kitchen/dining room last year. Bought a Bosch dishwasher. Absolutely love it! The quietness, the efficiency and it's beautiful! A little more money than other brands but definitely worth the quality.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

This is the best ever. It's quiet, good looking and cleans dishes spotless with no need to scrape. You won't be disappointed. Friends and relatives are amazed when they see how dirty they are going in and how clean they are coming out.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

My dishwasher is incredibly quiet, sometimes I have to check the light to see that it's on. The cycle does take longer than on my old Maytag but I understand that is very common with the newer units.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I don't like that it seems to use so much rinse aid and if you don't fill the rinse aid dispenser it adds a lot of time to the wash cycle - an unreasonable amount of time in my opinion.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

After extensive research on the best dishwasher on the market we found that it was Bosch. We purchased one on 1/30/16 from Sears. Upon delivery they told us that the fact that we were told and there was a sign on the dishwasher we bought that we would get a supply of Finish dishwasher tablets that it was a mistake. I was told to call and deal with Bosch on it did not get anywhere with it. Sears had to come back because it was not hooked up properly before I could actually use it.

After getting it hooked up it worked good for the few months we used it. We are only in the property it was installed in a maximum of 5 months. The dishwasher began giving us an E20 code and when we looked it up online it said pump or motor problem. I called for service first at Sears and was told it would be 2 weeks at least before service. Called Bosch and they gave us a number and was told the same thing 2 weeks at least. Went online to chat with Sears and was told that the pump and motor had at least a 2 year warranty.

Today repairman came said the pump is bad and that the warranty would not cover. They told us to call Bosch directly to talk to them and have been trying all day but cannot get anyone to answer. I am put on hold saying I will be helped by next available person and stay on hold but eventually I am cut off. Frustrating. This dishwasher cost way more than others but we were willing to do it thinking it would be the last one we buy. After hardly using it we are told repair will be between $400 and $500. It is not acceptable. Hopefully eventually someone at Bosch will answer and take care of us but cannot continue calling week after week. It is already going on 3 weeks without the dishwasher we only use a few months anyway.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

We started with a Samsung, but that didn't even last a year until the motherboard went bad and would have been over 350 dollars to replace. We have this Bosch and it works great! Gets the dirtiest dishes clean, quiet, and looks great. We have had it over a year now with no problems.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

This dishwasher works well with Finish Rinse Aid. I like the design with the third rack on top which I use for silverware and cooking implements. But the settings are complicated. The washer almost always gets everything clean with a few exceptions for burned on food. I've had it four years, so far so good.

Bosch Appliances Company Information

www.bosch-home.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use