1.49/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

768 Bosch Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Our Bosch built in micro convection oven was purchased December 2015 and have extended warranty but has not worked since August and have 15 documented calls to Bosch, Bosch extended warranty as well as service company that has made 5 home visits and it still does not work. When you call expect extended waiting and transferring etc but no one can make a decision, I expect to be taking legal action for their stupidity, I suggest doing your homework before purchasing any of their products.

Resolution response: Nov. 18, 2017

Wrote to the President and CEO about situation not acceptable. Received a phone call from Jessica at the Executive Office. She took care of getting me service call for 11/17/17(today). They came today and replaced the part. Jessica even called after as a follow up. Thank you Jessica! ????????????????

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I registered my Bosch dishwasher on January 24, 2014, the day after it was installed. I have checked my registration online and it is there! The registration form specifically states: "Safety - in the unlikely event of a recall or safety notice, we'll be able to contact you." NEVER HAPPENED! I only found out on the local news on 11/09/17 that a family with a Bosch dishwasher had their home burned down as their Bosch dishwasher started the fire! I immediately called the recall number and they gave me an ID number, but could not book the repair.

They told me to call Bosch, which I immediately did. Bosch gave me the number of the local company that would do the repair. Called them today, 11/10/17 and was told that they only get 1-2 cords every few days and I am #52 on the list! This is not acceptable! Bosch should be making mass amounts of this replacement cord. Seems to me they have are not taking this serious and have dropped the ball. FED UP!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I purchased a Bosch stove from the builder of my new home. Apparently there is a problem with the controls that turn the burners on. I was told by the Bosch rep that this is a safety problem that needs to be addressed. After weeks of trying to get this resolved and hours of waiting on hold and for a repairman I just keep getting the runaround and am living with a product that I was told by Bosch and the repairman that has a safety problem. This is the fifth Bosch product I have purchased and will never purchase another. I purchased this product new from the builder in 2017 and was told by Bosch that by checking the serial # it was produced in 2015. Why was I sold a unit that was over 2 years old?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

We bought a Bosch dishwasher SHX series 3 years ago that needed the recall fix. After an hour on the phone trying to get a service call, the repairman was slated for 7am to 5 pm window. When he got here he switched the power cord but the dishwasher did not fit back in slot due to the special new cord. He said I should call an electrician to fix this issue and left. Now I am waiting to pay electrician to fix what the Bosch repairman left me with. BTW the fire and overheating claims started years ago, before we bought the dishwasher, it was not released on the internet that there were serious issues with these devices. I guess Bosch wanted to see how many claims came in before they issued a recall.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Ever since I bought these 3 appliances (Bosch washer, dryer and dishwasher) I am disappointed. The washer does not wash clothes properly, especially the whites. It also does not drain properly. It smells. The dryer is mediocre at best. The dishwasher just doesn't wash the dishes properly and has a bit of mold. I would never buy Bosch again! I was had from Caplan's sales rep. They lied about all the features and superiority that Bosch has as a top manufacturer. It is a bargain brand.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bosch Appliances?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

A brand new dishwasher bought from a local major appliance store installed by a licensed contractor in a kitchen remodel project malfunctioned just outside the regular warranty period from Bosch. Bosch solicited me through email and regular mail of an extended warranty which I accepted. Prior to signing up, I actually spoke directly to a real person/sales representative of the company about the eligibility for repairs under the extended warranty. I was told "yes" very affirmatively. They took my money and then advised that I could not call in my first repair service for the first month. So I waited patiently and finally called in for repairs. They denied the warranty service by citing "pre-existing" condition.

I'm mad. I tried to explain that it is a condition which had deteriorated over time (washing cycle not completing in different stages) which I had explained to the sales rep from the beginning. Bosch misled me, took my money and made me wait a month to make the first claim only to deny it. I'm so disgusted with the whole process that I just want my money back and take my business elsewhere or buy a new dishwasher from another manufacturer. They are not giving my money back so I'm venting my frustration. I'm so upset that I have to deal with dirty dishes for a month when I could have just go out and buy a new dishwasher. The dishwasher is an expensive model: SHP65TL5UC. I regretted that I also purchased other major kitchen appliances from this company. Don't buy Bosch!!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

The worst thing that can happen to a customer. We bought a refrigerator and after that followed a string of pathetic services. Never have the workers been on time. Our fridge stopped cooling. We lodged a complaint and what do they do. NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! They tell us that they can't do anything about it. They expect us to wait for a freaking 5 days till they get the parts. Shut down the company!!!! You guys are better off somewhere else.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Worst customer service! I had an appointment yesterday for my washer and the technician was supposed to call me the night before or morning of the appointment to give me a two hour window. My appointment was in the window of 8-12. I have taken a half day off to be there. No one called. I then called customer service at Bosch and was on hold for 25 minutes just to get disconnected. I called again and was on hold for another 25 minutes. The representative said the technician had an emergency. She put me on with her supervisor who said she was sorry and scheduled me for the next day for a window of 8-5. She said Bosch should have notified me and stated she understood my frustration and admitted over and over that this was their fault. She then states the technician would call me with a two hour window that night or the next morning. She promised I would get a call this time.

Next morning arrives, yes I had to take the day off, and technician did not call the night before or morning of. I called customer service and was on hold for 30 minutes. She calls the technician, on hold for another 15 minutes, to give me the two hour window from 12-2 pm. I waiting and waiting... I then get a call close to 1:30 that he showed up and left because my building wanted to see his ID and he refused to give it to them. Ok, I get that, but why did he leave without calling me directly. Why have a call center call me?

I told the call center I can let him up if he had called me directly. She said no he is not coming and won't come back. She gives me another company she has looked into that can come and fix my washing machine. I called them and they say they do not service Chicago and they are 2 1/2 hours away and they get calls from Bosch all the time and they tell them over and over that they do not service Chicago. I go down to my building to ask why they didn't call me and both the front desk and security said no one from Bosch has been there. The desk always calls if there is an issue. They cannot lie!

I call customer service again on hold for 25 minutes and got disconnected. Called again and on hold for 25 minutes and finally someone gets on the phone. She says she is calling the technician right then. I'm on hold for 15 minutes and then I get disconnected. I call again and on hold for 25 minutes and the rep says he has to put me on hold... on hold for another 20 minutes for him to say the technician didn't want to show his ID, so left. All this has been explained and in the notes... I said I want to speak with a supervisor, because the day prior the supervisor was very apologetic. Supervisor Ray gets on the phone. He says there is nothing he can do. Only reschedule me for November 10th-- two weeks from today or give me a third party number, which didn't work before. He was very rude and would not help in any way. He did care about all I went through and how I already took 1 1/2 days off from work.

Again, the technician lied about coming, but Ray did not care. Why didn't he have someone else service my machine or yet, make him come back? He refused to do anything about. He never apologized until I said you are not even sorry. He tone of voice was awful. I asked to speak with his manager and he said there was no one above him. Hard to believe... I cannot believe how unprofessional he was. It was truly the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Ray the supervisor and the technician should not be employed by Bosch.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Bosch does not stand behind their equipment. We have owned a dishwasher shx3ar56uc/13 for almost 4 years. We have had numerous warranty issues with it while under manufacturer's warranty. When I phoned them the past couple of times for warranty work, they required a diagnosis from a repair tech, to the tune of 195.00 per visit, they would cover parts but no labour. I have decided that it would be in my best interest to replace the defective unit instead of forking out yet another 195.00 for repair costs. They do not stand behind their product as they should.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I purchased Bosch Dishwasher model number SHE4APP02UC in 2011. I’m having problems with heavy buildup of black gunk. Also there was mold on the inside of the dishwasher and I’m wondering if anyone else is having this type of problem with this model. Also there’s water in the very bottom circular area that does not drain. I’m wondering if anybody has a problem as well. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Hands down the worst company, terrible policies and unfriendly customer service. They send reps to fix issues (washer dryer), but they don't arrive until days later without calling, and they don't fix the issue then charge for follow up visits. Terrible business, will never ship with this company again.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Paid $1100 for Bosch Dishwasher Silence 49 - it is terrible. Within one year it wasn't cleaning properly, and I clean the filter regularly. So I took to not only rinsing the dishes, but wiping them too! Now at 2 years it runs through cycles over and over again. Stops at random through the cycle and when you open it and press start again it sometimes starts at the beginning of the cycle. I do not recommend Bosch dishwashers at all. I had better results from the cheap one I took out.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Bosch dishwasher 9001117065 (500 series) - Frustration that the materials needed to install say to use a "90 degree elbow with 3/4" N.P.T. threads on one leg..." but really this should read H.P.T. (hose thread). We returned one dishwasher thinking the threads were stripped but in reality had the wrong connector. Perhaps need to clarify in the English instructions to use hose pipe thread.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

The online registration doesn't work. So I wasted about half an hour trying it several times and calling the help center. How frustrating! Then I find out that you can't call anyone for help with online registration or to let them know it doesn't work. To make things worse, I asked not to get ads and information in my email account, but I started getting it immediately from a no-reply address with no "unsubscribe" capability. I haven't even tried using the dishwasher yet, but so far Bosch has blown it.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Bosch is selling cheap Chinese made appliances that are some of the most overpriced and poorest performing of any. Our dishwasher cost $900 and was rated highly by Consumer Reports, which is why we bought it. It is a terrible dishwasher and now, after 18 months, it won't drain the rinse water. Called Bosch "customer service" and was told to "google YouTube" to find a fix. So I did and went through the videos of many, many other Bosch owners but in the end, none of their YouTube video solutions worked for my dishwasher. So, I bit the bullet and called an appliance repairman who came and fixed the problem after tearing apart most of the dishwasher. That cost me almost $200 and the repairman told me Bosch appliances are the worst he's ever seen in almost 30 years experience. He recommended that I buy another dishwasher pretty soon.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

We installed this new oven last year and decided to run the self cleaning option. We did not pull the telescopic oven tray out prior to running the cleaning option. Apparently the high heat ruined the parts involved with the telescopic action. It would have been nice to have had a warning label on the tray or perhaps the dealer might have mentioned this. I'm sure it indicates this in the book so Bosch is off the hook for a $250 tray. The salesman at Mahlander’s in Sioux Falls was a complete jerk about it. No more Bosch appliances for this family.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

April 25th 2017 we took our new refrigerator home. Everything was fine until August 21 it stopped cooling. Called Factory Direct Appliance because I bought the extended warranty and they said to call Bosch. So I called Bosch and they set me up with a ticket and recommended a repair place that services their appliances. That company is called At Your Service repair and they are as bad or worse than Bosch. They couldn't come out for a week. So a week without a fridge and when he shows up tells me that they have to order the part. A circuit board that tells the compressor to kick on. Tells me it will be a week and a half before they get it and sets a time to come back out.

That day approaches, the Friday after Labor Day, and I hadn't heard from anyone so I called them. They proceed to tell me that the part is on backorder and they have no idea when it will get here. So I waited a week or two and decided to call Bosch again. They tell me that it is on backorder until December. So I said no problem, replace my refrigerator. They said send us proof of purchase and the diagnostic from the repair shop so I did. Another week goes by and I hear nothing. So I call Bosch again, and now they miraculously found the part from Appliance Parts Depot. Meanwhile the repair place has closed the ticket because they were told it would be replaced. So Bosch says that they are sending the part to At Your Service. I call at At Your Service and they know nothing of it.

Keep in mind here who is doing all the calling. Neither of these outfits called or cared how I was doing, if I was taken care of or if I was happy or satisfied. So now when I call one they send me to the other and vice versa. So now they do not want to replace my refrigerator and in fact are putting an aftermarket part in it. In a week it will be 2 months without a refrigerator and I am still the one calling trying to get answers and just get my appliance replaced. Bosch sucks. I was looking at buying a Bosch table saw, cordless drills etc. because I liked the way they perform but I will never buy anything Bosch because they don't stand behind their product and they definitely don't care about their consumers.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

We purchased a home with a Bosch dishwasher. The previous owner did not leave any paperwork on any appliance. The electronics in dishwasher door started a kitchen fire. The insurance company will take care of the kitchen damage, but will not replace the dishwasher. The dishwasher replacement is completely our responsibility. When I called Bosch to see if they would at the very least give me a partial credit toward the purchase of a new Bosch I was told by Representative Kayla, and not very sympathetically, that since I didn't have any paperwork on the original purchase they would not do anything for me. Basically too bad, so sad. Well guess who will not purchase another Bosch product.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Bought a Bosch Dishwasher from Currys; after a few weeks I felt it was not washing properly. I rang company sent out a repairman. He said it's heating and the arms are turning so it's fine. I showed him a stained mug which he took for examination. A few months later it still wasn't washing properly, rang again sent out another Bosch guy. He advised I should have bought elsewhere. Many phone calls to the UK followed. Finally UK said get onto Currys. I went into Currys and explained my situation: dishwasher doesn't wash properly and I can't used dishwasher tablets have to use powder. They were very helpful in the beginning but finally told me that Bosch UK said that their Engineer said it was fine.

I have never dealt with such terrible Customer Services as in Bosch UK. They really don't have a clue but don't really want to know your problem. Sadly I have a Bosch washing machine and a Neff oven from the same house. I dread to think how they are going to pan out. It seems to me that Bosch will string you along until your warranty is gone. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM BOSCH OR NEFF AGAIN AND I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE PEOPLE TO DO THE SAME. They are operating under a good name which they achieved and their stuff is now very poor quality. My advice: do as my sister did, buy the cheapest out there it really can't be any worse.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

This Bosch dishwasher is the best dishwasher with reconfiguring the shelves full in 9 different positions. Can wash silverware upright on the side or place them laying down side by side on the top third shelf. Many options to choose to wash. Cleans perfectly and dries too. Highly recommend all Bosch dishwashers. A little more money but so worth every penny! Satisfied Bosch customer for life!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I'm a real estate developer. I've put Bosch appliances in homes I've sold and my personal residence. Don't be fooled by the Bosch name. The product is cheap, easily malfunctions, lacks longevity and doesn't work properly. To top it off the customer service representatives are rude and somewhat arrogant. I would rather wash my dishes in the rain, cook my meals on rocks and sticks and freeze my food using store bought ice rather than buy Bosch appliances again!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I purchased a Bosch dishwasher Silence Plus 50 dBA at Lowe’s June 2015. It worked for 1 month and stopped working. I had a repairman from Lowe’s come and fix it. It worked for another few months and stopped working again. Had another repairman from Lowe’s come and he left without fixing it because he didn't know what was wrong. Another repairman (#3 so far) came out and says he knows what's wrong with this model, there is a defect with the door latch. He fixes it. Works fine until a few days ago stops working again. Of course it's now out of warranty so I will have to pay to fix a dishwasher that is a little over 2 years old. I wish I kept my old noisy dishwasher instead of this piece of crap. Has been nothing but trouble and I will Never buy another Bosch product again. Don't believe the hype. It is also hard to load the dishwasher as the racks are too narrow and it didn't dry the dishes well either.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

We bought a Bosch dishwasher on 12/ 28/16. We have had it serviced twice because it will not turn on. Please do not buy a Bosch dishwasher. Called twice and they said it has to be serviced first. Really it's not even a year old, JUNK!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

We recently purchased this fridge/freezer KGV36VW32G. There are several issues: 1. The manual is very poor with lots of words but very little information, for example the freezer temperature is controlled by the fridge settings so how do we know what the freezer temperature is? 2. The outer skin is very flimsy. Already got a dent on the door with normal use. 3. The LED light cannot illuminate the inside of the fridge when the fridge has produce in it as the light is badly situated. 4. The doors are difficult to close and have to be pushed quite hard to make a seal. 5. Coupled with 4 above there is no alarm if the doors are not closed. Already lead to one freezer defrost. 6. The ice cube tray and egg rack supplied are not fit for purpose. Ice cube tray too small and lid did not fit after one use, the egg rack is too small and only holds 4 eggs. 7. Generally the appliance is of poor quality and not good value for money.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Scrapes on my brand new Bosch dishwasher. The outside is very, very delicate. I have already gotten 3 scrapes on the front panel, in just a few months. The front has no protection to keep this from happening and I now am very sorry I got this dishwasher from Lowe's although it does clean the dishes very well. Not sure if I can use appliance paint to cover these up or if it will make it worse.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

The one star is for the quiet dishwasher purchased. It is quiet probably because it does not work. We purchased a Bosch dishwasher because it was supposed to be top of the line in dishwashers. Unfortunately, I was swayed to the quietness and not the cleanliness. The racks are designed for the number of dishes it can wash. Unfortunately, I need to wash frying pans, bowl, utensils, cups, glasses, etc. Considering that it holds so many dishes, nowhere is there a China or crystal setting. Worse yet, my load is not complete clean, even on the heavy cycle, even though I am using the recommended Finish products. There is no room for bowls, large dishes. Plastic items have a film remaining behind and pots or fry pans still have food in them and a greasy feel to them. Unless you plan to buy the most expensive Bosch model you would be better off with a less expensive model with generic racks that fit the items you cook with as well as just dishes.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I like this stove and the way the burners are located. When I spill, it's easily cleaned up and doesn't leak down into the stove or burners.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

When searching for kitchen appliances during a recent, major kitchen remodel, we decided on Bosch which turned out to be a very poor decision! Two convection ovens, gas cooktop, dishwasher, microwave, and vent hood. After being in service for less than 2 years, both the dishwasher and microwave have required major parts replacement. Don't fall for the hype!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Worst customer experience. Save yourself the nightmare and don't buy Bosch appliances. I spent nearly $3k on a new washer and dryer from Bosch. After almost 3 months I still don't have both machines fully functioning. This is incredibly inconvenient since I have a young child and have to do laundry frequently. Bosch has given my husband and I the run around repeatedly. Their customer support is terrible. We've lost 4 vacation days staying home for repair men and at least 20 hrs of calls and being on hold. They call at 9 pm the night before they come with a window, they change the times, cancel appointments. It just never ends. They obviously don't care about their customers. I would never recommend buying anything from them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Bought a Bosch refrigerator from Floorcraft Appliance in San Francisco Ca in December 2016. I installed it in my new kitchen in March 2017. Within a few weeks noticed that water was pooling under the bottom cheese drawer and freezing the drawer in place. I had several service calls to "flush the line". The last technician noted that the defrost drain line was freezing up and also noticed that the freezer drawer rails were installed incorrectly during manufacture, preventing complete closure of the drawer and recommended replacing the entire unit. Three months later and still waiting for that replacement fridge and the freezer drawer won't close because of a massive ice formation on one side. Now leaking water onto the floor and frozen food thawing.

Bosch Appliances Company Information