5.00/5
Based on 5 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Bonavita

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 26, 2017

5 Bonavita Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 26, 2017

I am happy I purchased this brand of coffee-maker. It is very easy to use, and the water goes in without a mess. It has a good size pot with it, but can use for small uses, since I'm the only one who drinks coffee in my home. The feature I like best is that you can set the timer on it to start whenever you want to. The coffee stays hot for a long time after it has brewed. It also has a sleek design.

Original review: July 21, 2017

The coffee machine auto shut off after the coffee is done being made is wonderful. I also appreciate the fact that the coffee temperature is the correct temperature for brewing. And the ease of cleaning the coffee machine is a huge plus. But I wish the filters placement was easier to access and the water was easier to get to. It's slightly a struggle to reach sometimes when the grounds are in. Other than that, Bonavita is very easy to use and it meets my needs. I am very pleased with the quality of coffee this machine makes. Wonderful quality and also very easy to clean.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 20, 2017

I like the way it looks (color, specifically). It fits well in my kitchen, in terms of appearance. I also like the size and all of the features. It has been easy to use and I have received compliments about it. I can set the coffee maker and it makes a good cup of coffee each time! It meets my needs and expectations. I haven't had any complications while using it. The only improvement I would suggest is to add more colors that may fit in with other people's decor.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I like for its quality is fine and its production never fails me. Every day I am more at ease with Bonavita because it is exquisite work with it. Very good brand, high quality, the best for the family can share exquisite coffees of everything I am very grateful to. This is the best brand I've tried. My experience as much as for me and my family has been very good and I am glad that this brand has arrived in our lives. I do not change it for anything and I am very happy it has helped me a lot. It helps to reduce time not like my old coffee maker of a different mark that is damaged 3 times, this is not, this has given him enough use and is still as new. If I get the chance to buy it again I would do it again.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I have owned a Bonavita coffee maker in the past. The only reason I got a new one is because my old one went out. The features that it has is pretty unique and what makes it stand out from the others on the market. It has a one touch feature to turn on and off, stainless steel, it can degas before brewing, 1100 watt heater, etc. It is simple to use when making coffee. You have some brands out there that has so many buttons with no good instructions to tell you how to start it or where even to put the coffee. It should not be hard to figure a machine out. All people want is a simple and easy way to make coffee to start off their day. Some of the brands that have all these extra settings don't work that well and need to stick to what you know and the basics. If you can understand it by all means get what you like. But I love Bonavita and will not be changing no time soon.

They have a little collection of coffee makers to choose from that will suit you for your needs and even make bigger batches of coffee if you are one to drink a lot of it. I noticed that coffee makers in general expensive and the only thing I would change would be the price. I paid $140 for this coffee maker and that it is a little steep for my pockets. But at the same time you expect it to last a long time when paying for something such as this. When you want high quality you have to bend your pockets some to make sure you are getting the best in general. Overall it's a good coffee maker. I would recommend Bonavita to everyone because it does the job. It really makes my coffee just the way I like it and never has done anything wrong.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bonavita?

Bonavita expert review by Jonathan Trout

Bonavita spends time researching, refining and taste-testing to make sure their coffee makers produce top-quality cups of coffee. Their coffee makers are tested and approved by the Specialty Coffee Association of America as part of its Certified Home Brewers program. You can choose from seven models of coffee brewers and multiple accessories like kettles, scales and drippers.

• Thermal Carafe brewer: Bonavita’s Thermal Carafe coffee brewer is an 8-cup coffee maker that maintains a brewing temperature of 195-205 degrees. It features a pre-infusion mode where it wets the coffee grounds to allow “blooming” or de-gassing. The Thermal Carafe brewer comes with a two-year warranty and costs $189.99.
    • Small batch brewer: The Thermal Carafe 5-Cup coffee brewer is designed to work like its big brother but on a smaller scale. It brews 4- to 5-cup batches while still maintaining the proper water temperature throughout the brewing process. It’s smaller and takes up less counter space, measuring just 10.6 inches high and 6 inches wide. The 5-Cup Thermal Carafe retails at $139.99.
    • Programmable Glass Carafe Warming brewer: Bonavita’s Programmable Glass Carafe coffee brewer with warming plate includes the great features of the Thermal Carafe and has a programmable timer you can set to kick on at any time. It comes with a non-stick warming base that automatically shuts off after 40 minutes. This model retails at $179.99.
    • Drippers: Bonavita has three styles of drippers. Drippers are a single-cup, handheld, pour-over style of brewing coffee. You use a cone-shaped filter to let the grounds steep and then you can release the coffee directly into your mug. Its three models of drippers are priced from $17.99 to $39.99.
    • Gram scale: Bonavita’s scale helps you measure the exact amount of coffee needed for each brew. It’s coated with water-resistant material, has a built-in timer and is rechargeable using a USB cord. You can buy the scale for $69.99.
    • Best for: consumers wanting a precision drip coffee maker.
    Profile picture of Jonathan Trout