4.8/5 (102 ratings)

About Bold Moving and Storage

Bold Moving and Storage was established on the foundation of respect and integrity. Bold takes pride in providing superior customer service and transparency throughout the entire quoting and moving process. Since it specializes long-distance moves, you can feel confident your items will be safe and securely delivered on-time. All moves can be customized to meet your plans, so call today for your free quote!

Pros

• Customizable moves
    • Easy booking process
    • Full-service options

Cons

• Longer hold times on the phone
    • Some location restrictions

Bottom Line

Bold Moving and Storage does everything from packing and cleaning your former residence to storage or unpacking at your destination. They are available around the Washington, D.C., metro area and for long-distance hauls.

Top Bold Moving and Storage Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

...We moved on short notice and our needs for tight scheduling were met in a polite and professional manner by everyone from the owners through the front staff to... all of the pe...

Verified

This was our first time using movers and we could not be happier. They arrived on time and worked quickly ... Everything went smoothly and before we knew it, everything was at our...

Bold Moving and Storage services

Bold Moving and Storage specializes in long-distance moves for households and businesses. All moves can be customized to include as many or as few services as you’d like.

• Packing and unpacking: If you opt for packing services, Bold Moving and Storage provides necessary packing materials and professionally packs items for you. Unpacking services at delivery are available upon request.
    • Storage services: Once packed, Bold Moving and Storage can place your belongings in storage service. You can store your items for any length of time in a climate-controlled facility that includes 24-hour surveillance.
    • Cleaning services: With a full-service move, Bold Moving and Storage will clean your former residence to get it fresh and ready for the next tenant. You can choose between full and partial household cleaning.
    • Auto moving: Bold Moving and Storage can coordinate the relocation of any type or size of automobile anywhere in the country.

Bold Moving and Storage services are only available in Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and West Virginia.

Bold Moving and Storage moving packages

Bold Moving and Storage offers three tiers of moving packages: Bold Standard, Bold Premium and Bold Luxury. Standard professional moving services include furniture disassembly, packing, transportation and delivery.

The Bold Premium package includes all the Standard benefits, plus custom crating and white-glove delivery service. The highest tier, Bold Luxury, includes all the Standard and Premium benefits, plus residential cleaning, complete unpacking and box removal. Total costs will vary based on a variety of factors, including location, distance and amount of household goods.

Bold StandardBold PremiumBold Luxury
    Standard packing services
    Up to 30 days free storage
    White-glove service
    Unpacking services
    Box removal
    Cleaning services

Bold Moving and Storage FAQ

How does Bold Moving and Storage work?
    1. Start planning your move: Begin the process by completing an inventory form. A Bold Moving and Storage customer service consultant will reach out to discuss your specific relocation needs and provide you with a free moving quote. To ensure you receive the most accurate quote, make sure you include all items on your inventory form along with any additional services you want. Note that a deposit is required to lock in your quoted pick-up dates.
    2. Packing and loading: The day before your reserved pick-up dates, the Bold Moving and Storage dispatch team will confirm a 2–3-hour window when the movers will arrive. Every move includes furniture disassembly, padding and wrapping of all items, and loading of belongings onto the truck. If you opt for professional packing services, Bold Moving and Storage provides all necessary packing materials and professionally packages your items for you. Once packed, the transportation and delivery process begins, unless your items are to be placed in storage.
    3. Payment and delivery: You must pay the remaining balance at drop-off. You can request any additional services, such as unpacking, when your inventory arrives at its final destination. Once payment is received, Bold Moving and Storage movers unload, unwrap and reassemble your furniture.
    Is Bold Moving and Storage available nationwide?

No. Bold Moving and Storage services pick-ups anywhere in D.C., Maryland, Delaware and Virginia, plus most of North Carolina, and can deliver anywhere on the East Coast. If you are moving across the country, Bold Moving and Storage is federally licensed to coordinate long-distance, interstate moving services for businesses and households.

Will Bold Moving and Storage move boxes that I pack myself?

Yes, Bold Moving and Storage will move boxes that you pack yourself as long as they are safe to transport, though self-packed boxes may not be insured. Bold Moving and Storage moving company offers flexible packing and unpacking services with no minimum or maximum packing requirement. Bold Moving and Storage movers can pack selected items or the entire inventory.

Can Bold Moving and Storage move on the weekends?

Bold Moving and Storage offers services seven days a week to accommodate your schedule. The day before your pick-up date, a Bold Moving and Storage dispatch team will confirm a 2–3-hour window in which professional movers will arrive.

Do we recommend Bold Moving and Storage?

Bold Moving and Storage eliminates the stress of a move by providing exactly what consumers need, whether they’re moving across the East Coast or across the country. Bold Moving and Storage specializes in customizable packages for individuals and corporations, long-distance moves and storage services. In the last year, about 93 percent of verified customers said they were happy with their experience and would recommend Bold Moving and Storage to a friend. The remaining said they were “satisfied with the experience.” Bold Moving and Storage company reviews frequently mention their polite and courteous professional moving crews.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bold Moving and Storage?

Original review: June 28, 2022

The four moving experts who came for the pickup on 6/27 did a sterling job in terms of wrapping, care, and speed. Foreman José was an outstanding organizer. A very impressive performance by all concerned. But, before that, setting a date for the move proved problematic, with the first one, 6/24, which had been suggested by Bold and accepted by me, being cancelled the day before. That was upsetting and finding another date soon after was nerve wracking. Joe, Tom, and Korah were very diligent however and through their effort a suitable date, 6/27, was found just in time. All in all the experience was very trying and I don't think it had to be.

Bernard,

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your business, and if you ever need to relocate again, you know who to call!

~The Owners @ BMS

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2022

I was moving out of state and had a short window to do so.. finding a reliable, dependable, honest mover was going to be a challenge. I have been my own personal U-Haul 26ft mover before but felt it was too much for this older person now. I contacted a few moving companies and was so impressed with Bold Moving that I hired them. The quote was quite reasonable compared to other options, U Hauls, multiple Pods etc. I spoke with Josh who did a walkthrough via the phone app with me so he could see exactly what I have. I gave him my dates, what I would pack and what I wished Bold Moving to pack.

Moving day...two gentlemen showed up first, Leo and Demetri...I thought they were my team so that is who I dealt with the most. They stated the team boss and more movers would be showing up. I had a total group of 6 people arrive. They all knew what they were doing, and when needed a team lift worked amazingly together. I have never seen such a hard working team. Efficient, professional and with much care with your belongings. The day was long and hot with typical Florida heat and humidity. The team used every nook and cranny and everything fit. I was impressed.

On delivery day my original team of Leo and Demetrius were at my new home promptly at 11am as stated they would be. The 2 of them unloaded the entire truck which consisted of a 2100 square ft home, a riding mower, 2 kayaks and a newer heavier washer and dryer. I also had stairs in the new home. I still can visualize

the brut strength with which these gentleman worked. I will state that Leo and Demetri deserve to be their own team and Leo should be made a foreman.

I would use Bold Moving again and only them. Thank you Bold Moving for being the outstanding group of people that you are. You are 5* plus company. Please forgive me as I cannot remember the actual foreman's name on my move but he was excellent and made sure everything ran smooth and any question he had he confirmed with me first. Bold is the Best!!!

Hilarie,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to post such an awesome review! If you ever need to move again, you know who to call! Thanks again for making a Bold move!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: March 9, 2022

After serving in the military for 26-years and having them contract my many moves, I was nervous in tackling my first self-contracted move. However, I hit the jackpot with Bold Moving and Storage. From the start--communication was clear and concise. The pick-up went smooth, as was the delivery. There were a few minor damages (there were many during my military moves) that they took care of immediately. I highly recommend anyone planning a move to make the BOLD MOVE!

Bold Moving and Storage response

Thank you Al! We are sorry for the minor damages, and glad we were able to take care of this move for you.

We will pass the kind words along to our crew and hope you are enjoying you're new Georgia home.

-Bill & the Bold Team

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

We used Bold Moving for a local move. They were great. From the time of the quote to getting the last box off the truck they were professional and courteous. They worked very quickly and had us to our new place in no time. They put everything where I wanted and had all of the beds set up and ready for sheets. JaQuan and the team were great!!

Bold Moving and Storage response

Thank you Rhonda for making a Bold move!

We will pass the kind words along to the crew!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Our family highly recommends Bold Moving & Storage. Moving from Florida to Delaware made all of us a little apprehensive. From start to finish, all involved were professional, courteous, and great to work with. Bill, our contact with the company, patiently answered all our questions and eased our many concerns. On moving day, Israel and crew efficiently wrapped, packed and loaded the truck in no time. Arriving in Delaware, O'Neill and the delivery crew unloaded, and placed the furniture and belongings where needed. They even reassembled some furniture, such as bed frame, recliner. hutch, etc. Read more at: **.

Darla,

Awesome review! We really appreciate your business! Thank you for making a BOLD move!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Had a pleasant conversation with the “scheduler” who said, "We absolutely can pack you up and then deliver a week later at your new home 700 miles away." After that conversation Absolutely nothing went as planned, from communication to day of packing to what happened to my stuff after they took it to the call that said, "We’re delivering a day earlier than agreed," to the night of unloading from 9 PM to 1 AM.

Every time I raised a question I was told “Well you should have known that”, every time I asked the awful crew they picked up from Newark NJ to move me out of PA a question I was threatened “Are you trying to tell us how to do our job”? I would NEVER have agreed to having my stuff loaded and unloaded a total of 6 times, by 3 different crews, with no accountability for what disappeared or was broken! No one returned my call about lost items and compensation for numerous broken items has been non-existent and I will be reporting them to the BBB.

From improperly wrapped or completely unwrapped furniture that was broken, cartons that arrived crushed to the unloading crew being more concerned with getting to their hotel they booked 200 miles away and not finishing getting my furniture in the room and repeatedly telling me what they wouldn’t be doing, my move experience with Bold Moving and Storage was awful.

Sue,

We apologize for your experience. We've reached out to you several times to settle this ampicably. If you'd still like to pursue this matter, please give us a call. 800-560-6884

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: July 11, 2022

“Relax, It’s Just Stuff” Is what we were repeatedly told this past Saturday July 9th, 2022 when we called the owners of Bold Movers, Josh and Chris, to notify them that the contents of our truck were in complete disarray and the 3 men unpacking it were handling our carefully pack and beloved items with immense carelessness. “Relax, it’s just stuff, we have a claims department that deals with this” was a frequent phrase used, by a MOVING company, a company that exists for this single purpose and states on their website “Moving isn’t just about stuff. It’s about memories.” (**)

We are beyond shocked and disgusted with the way this company handled our things and spoke to us when we called them to discuss our concerns.

We started our move a day late on June 29th after we were told our truck had broken down en route to us on our assigned moving day. This is one of those unfortunate but understandable events so we just worked extra quickly the next day to get the house we were moving out of packed and tidied up before the new owners arrived. In our initial phone conversations with Sharon from Bold Movers we were told our truck would be a day or 2 behind us to let us get to our destination and be prepared for the truck’s arrival at our rented storage unit.

10 DAYS later, after multiple inquiries, our truck arrived to our storage unit. But it was not our truck. It was a different truck than the one that we had seen being packed with our items in it. During that 10-day period our items had been unpacked and then re-packed into a new truck with no notification or consent from us that this was happening. When the truck arrived to our destination and was opened there were boxes strewn about, toppled over, crushed. Our larger furniture items were laying in awkward positions or on their side with all weight distributed unevenly on fragile legs, armrests, and other delicate areas.

As the 3 men started to unpack our truck it became clear that they did not know how to efficiently and effectively move items. When we expressed concern about this during our phone conversation that day we were told that “They are in training” as an excuse. But there was no training, the men barely spoke to each other. There was no working together. They carried huge and heavy items independently, never 2 men to move anything. Heavy boxes and furniture were hoisted up in to the air and thumped down on dollies, or just dropped. Our large antique chest of drawers was attempted to be pick up by 1 man, turned on its side placing all weight on 2 wooden legs, one of which, unsurprisingly, snapped off. Boxes labeled “fragile” and “this side up” were knocked over and upside down.

Multiple wooden legs of furniture are completely broken off and some we have been unable to find. Wheels are missing off of antique furniture, we found one wheel on the floor in the actual storage unit. Both the washer and dryer have large dents in the metal that were not previously there and we actually witnessed one of the movers attempt to move them down the storage facility hallway by violently shaking them back in forth and scraping them along the concrete floor to move them by himself. Boxes were dropped, dragged and thrown despite our begging them to be more careful.

The owners of Bold Movers told us that because we packed our own boxes “you probably didn’t pack them right and no insurance company is going to reimburse for incorrectly packed boxes.” We assured him that the boxes were packed incredibly carefully, tight, to the top and very internally supported. We have previously packed boxes traveling from California to Massachusetts in a large move and those items arrived intact so how is it that in a move less than half that far from New York to Massachusetts nearly every box has damage to its exterior and interior? Josh at that point asked me what I do for a living, I wasn’t sure why that was relevant but I told him I’m an Emergency Room Nurse, to which he aggressively responded “Do I come to your work and tell you how to do your job?” There was also profanity used and directed at me in this same conversation.

We did not ask for this, we did so much research on moving companies before we decided to go with Bold Movers, mostly because they have a Better Business Bureau accreditation, and they were initially very friendly and informative on the phone. They were a little more expensive than others but we went with them with the expectation that their performance would reflect this. It did not.

Sadly, after the unpacking began we felt we needed to record and photograph what was happening in front of our eyes. Through our initial shock and disbelief we recognized that this was truly unbelievable and because our only response from the owners was accusatory, condescending and aggressive, we needed to document as much as possible. Thankfully the Manager of the storage facility we booked was just as shocked as we were and she offered to write us a letter documenting what she was seeing and the unprofessionalism she witnessed throughout the move. Not only did the movers break most of our possessions but they also broke one of the security cameras off the wall in the storage facility.

In addition to all the damage caused by the carelessness of this company we still have multiple items that are missing and unaccounted for, they were never packed on to the second truck. A few of those items we have pieces of so there is indeed proof that they were initially packed, but we are missing the actual item. As of today, Monday July, 11th we are waiting to hear from the company’s claims department on the next steps in this process.

Original review: May 16, 2022

My wife and I were very pleased with the service we received. Leo, Demetrius and Jason did a great job, were courteous, respectful and did whatever they could to accommodate our needs. The furniture and other items were well packed and were delivered in great shape. Thank you.

Bold Moving and Storage response

Thank you Charles and Anette!

We hope that you are enjoying your new home on the eastern shore!

Original review: May 4, 2022

I have moved numerous times with big and small movers. By far Bold movers were timely, efficient and VERY COURTEOUS. They took great care in wrapping all the furniture and TVs. They dismantled a huge entertainment center, beds and refrigerator without any complaining. I Highly recommend them. I feel very comfortable using them for storage and the final move to our new home.

Joan,

Thank you so much for the compliments, we'll share them with the BOLD team!!

~The Owners @ BMS

Original review: April 8, 2022

Easiest move we've ever made. The crew was professional and responsive to our concerns, taking great care with our belongings. We were out one day and back in the next. Awesome work and timing for a three bedroom home. I highly recommend their services. The attitude of the crew throughout the course of the job was pleasant and attentive.

Herb,

Thank you so much for this awesome review! We appreciate your business and when you have to move again you know who to call! Thanks again for making a BOLD move!

Bold Moving and Storage Company Information