Reno, NV

4.6/5 (181 ratings)

About Blue World Pools

Blue World Pools is an above ground pool dealer that offers high-quality products at an affordable price. The company delivers and installs above ground pools. Installation is included in the price and can be done in a matter of days. Financing options are available on Midline and Classic pool models. The company offers free site inspections and consultations.

Pros

• Comprehensive packages
  • Affordable pools
  • Financing options

Cons

• Limited installation availability
  • Extra fees for delivery

Bottom Line

Blue World Pools offers affordable and deluxe above-ground swimming pool package options. Packages include pool equipment and a manufacturer’s warranty. Free installation is limited to certain states.

Blue World Pools Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue World Pools?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue World Pools?

Resolution response: May 25, 2013

After posting a review at an earlier date, an executive of Blue World Pools contacted my family to explain that there was some miscommunication between us and their representative. They explained to us fully and told us a refund of our downpayment would be sent to us as soon as possible and no lien or other action would be taken. We regret we were unable to get the pool because it appeared to be an excellent product which is chemical free. In the end, Blue World resolved this misunderstanding between us and its representative in a professional manner.

Original review: May 24, 2013

My wife and I had been in the market for an above ground pool for our grand kids; little did we know it was going to be a nightmare. We called Blue World Pools. One of their sales reps came out and explained like I'm sure you have heard over and over the $399 pool they offer on their website comes out to about $5,000. So he continued on. Not using our better judgment, we continued to listen to the sales rep. So after he showed us a book with all the great benefits this pool had to offer us and the fun our grandchildren would have using it, he came up with a price like $17,000. We then told him we could not afford that. Then he told us if we show the pool to perspective buyers so many times a year, he could get the pool down to about $9,000.

So with that being said, we agreed if they could get us financed. So we called and called after filling out the finance paperwork and got no return calls until someone called said, "We were unable to get you financed. Could we come up with more down or provide our own financing?" Our answer to both questions was no and this time, the sales rep told us we will still be responsible for 30% of the $8,000 and a lien would be placed on our home. So now, we are stuck paying 30% of something we have never owned or seen. We have tried to ask why since we could not get financed and they told us the contract was not based on a continence that we get financed. It was based on cash which was never mentioned anytime during our negotiations.

Original review: May 20, 2013

I called Blue World Pools 3 times and asked a great deal of questions. Every time I called, the same person answered (Phillip). I saw a commercial about a pool for $299.00 including installation. I made an appointment for the same day. I provided all the information that was asked. The gentleman informed me the rep would call an hour before he arrives. After I never heard from anyone, I called the number to follow up. When I called from the same phone number, it didn't allow me to speak to anyone. An automated message came on that a rep would not be coming over. I was very disappointed.

I provided a second phone number when I made the appointment. I called from that number as well and got the same recording, so my number was put in the system to block me from calling. I called from a third telephone number that wasn't provided. The same person (Phillip) answered. When I told him who I was and what transpired, all of a sudden the phone was disconnected. I called back and never got a straight answer. Save your hard earned money. They'll take your info and do God knows what with...

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 18, 2013

I recently went to work for a gentleman who installed pools for this company. As a contractor myself, I understood all the facets of contracts, client relations, quality work and above all, customer satisfaction. Initially, I wrote most of the initial problems off as a fluke; however, I soon found out that this company and its policies are anything but honorable. I worked for three weeks installing pools primarily in Kentucky; red flags popped up at every turn. Clients were promised one thing from the sales representatives and the company, and were delivered another. Most of the negative reviews that I read hit the problems with this company flat on the head. I have provided my services for over thirty years to people all over this great country, and I can tell you that I have never contracted for such a downright despicable company.

They will smile and promise you the world in order to get you to sign the paperwork. At the same time, they are conspiring the easiest way to take your money. For God's sake, please consider buying a pool from a better company. Do not sign their contract (if they won't let you have a copy of anything you sign or allow you to have a lawyer review the contract, that should indicate that there is a problem). I cannot tell you the details of just how evil this company is. By the way, they make their so-called employees sign a contract to say that they will never say or write a negative review or comment about this company. Fortunately, I was not an employee of theirs, but of the contractor that signed such a document. On his behalf and all other installers that work for this company, I felt it was my duty to let the public know that these folks just can't be trusted.

Blue World Pools response

My name is Sean Warren and I am part of the owning family of Blue World Pools, Inc. I would be happy to take you through when the customer first calls all the way to after the installation of a customer's pool. We do tape recordings to ensure the customer's order is correct and to make sure there are no misunderstandings. It appears you simply do not have the full picture. You could not have possibly dealt with the paperwork or you would KNOW that the customer ALWAYS receives a copy. Let me take the time to take you through it so you can have a better understanding as what you wrote about my organization is completely misguided. Please call me at 1 800 706 0907 ext 3031, Sean Warren. PS If there any customers who need any help whatsoever prior to posting please call me and let me remedy your issues. 1 800 706 0907 ext 3031 Sean Warren

Original review: May 11, 2013

Be aware! This place is a ripoff. Their sales practices are a joke and their paperwork is very misleading. Do not trust them when you have a question concerning the paperwork and then call the main office. Regardless of what they tell you over the phone, once you sign the documents, it's a binding contract. There are cancellation fees of 30% of the price of the pool and after a certain period, the cancellation fee is the entire pool cost, not to mention there are documents which indicate that they will put a lien on your house as well as cause you to lose your house and any money you have in it. I did not buy a pool from them.

Luckily for me, I am a contract manager and understood the language in the paperwork. This place is a joke and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I feel sorry for the people that signed without reading. The sales will talk to you nonstop while you are going over the documents to distract you! They will not leave the paperwork for you to review either. Stay far, far away.

Original review: May 2, 2013

In 2009 I was shopping for a pool. I was leaning towards an inground but was concerned about the expense. I saw the ad for "cheap" above ground and thought maybe that would work while I saved money for the inground. Joke was on me! The salesman told me that if I purchased the more expensive pool, they could install it completely in the ground and it would be exactly like an inground, and I would save a few grand. I was in disbelief that an above ground could actually be installed like that.

So, the salesman called Blue World and put his phone on speaker. His manager convinced me that this pool was like no other above ground, and it could be put all-the-way in the ground. The only catch was it would cost a little more for the installation (which made complete sense). I was then "ganged up on" with 2 salesmen brainwashing me that this was a much healthier choice for an inground pool (since the actual price was only $3,000 less than an inground). I signed the contract, paid the deposit, and set an installation date (which was 3 weeks later).

The date of the install arrived and I was very excited. First, the contractor made me sign a new agreement because Blue World upgraded the pool I ordered from the mid-grade to their most expensive. His crew was already putting the pool parts in my yard, and I thought to myself “they had to upgrade to put it in the ground”. I was excited and I signed. The excavation began but stopped after only leveling the ground. I approached the contractor and told him the pool was supposed to be placed all-the-way in the ground, and it was the only reason I agreed to buy it. He told me they could not put it in the ground like that and I needed to call Blue World. I immediately called.

I spoke with a manager and told him the names of the other manager and the salesman who told me it would be put in the ground. He confirmed that the pool could not go in the ground and informed me that the manager and the salesman no longer worked for the company. I informed him that I did not want the pool if it couldn't be put in the ground because that was the only reason I agreed to buy it. The manager became rude and told me I was legally obligated to purchase the pool because I didn't cancel within 3 days after I signed the original contract. I explained I didn't know then that they wouldn't put it in the ground, or I would've never signed to begin with.

Then he said they would put a lien on my home if I didn't pay for it (whether they installed it or not). I then told him if they weren't putting it in the ground, I didn't want the upgraded pool. If I was being forced into the contract, I wanted him to honor the original ($2,000 difference). He told me the instance I signed the modified contract it voided the original. I bet this manager got off the phone and laughed while I was in tears.

In fear of losing my home, I've been paying for this seriously over-priced pool that I didn't want for nearly 4 years. I figure it's the price I have to pay for an extremely important lesson - trust no one! The icing on this nasty cake was when I got a phone call the other day. It was Blue World Pools. The representative told me I would get a free ionizer if I came to this website, wrote a positive review, and she confirmed the comments were positive. Really? A bribe? Does this company have any decency? Guess I won’t be getting a free ionizer... LOL!

Resolution response: May 8, 2013

In response to my post about our problems with Blue World Pools on April 22, 2013, we were contacted by Blue World. This time we dealt with a very helpful lady named Johnita **. She acknowledged she was unaware of all the problems we had with this pool and our service, and apologized on behalf of the company. She also assured us that all the problems would be taken care of. Blue World did agree to do what the salesman promised us (as in the discounted items) and also refunded us for the repairs we had to pay for out of pocket.

I am very pleased with the way this lady has helped us and it totally made my experience with Blue World worth it. Although in the beginning we had problems, we did enjoy the pool and continue to enjoy it. Now that the problems are solved and we no longer feel that we were misled, we can enjoy it even more. We definitely will recommend them in the future.

Original review: April 22, 2013

Our experience with Blue World was not a good one. Our salesman told us it would be a chemical free pool, all the parts would have a lifetime guarantee, and our pool was a show pool and we would receive discounts on all items. We were also told that we had to replace only one part every year which was an ionizer and it would cost $100 but would be discounted. Within the first summer, our pool was off level, foggy, and the ladder rails broke. We took a sample of water to our local store and were told we needed about $150 worth of chemicals. We also had to purchase the rails for the ladder at our own expense.

The ladder is now broken again. The handrails are very cheaply made and do not last at all. We have had our pool almost 3 summers now and have had to replace them every summer. After a long period of time and waiting, someone did come look at it being off level and we were told it would settle. It is a little better now. We upgraded our purchase through Blue World and were given a heavy duty winter cover. This was a joke. It caved in the first winter and allowed so much stuff inside the pool it was ridiculous.

We have since bought a new one at our local store which cost us but was worth it. When we went to replace the ionizer that we were told would be $100 before discounts, we were told by Blue World that it was on sale for $160. We have also had to have plumbing work done on our pool twice. The first time by Blue World, of course, didn't get fixed right so we had to pay our local pool store to come do it again. Overall, the pool is nice and we enjoy it but honestly I feel like we were ripped off, lied to and would have had a better experience and saved a lot more money if we would have purchased it from our local store.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2012

Writing a recommendation for a company with the attitude that has been displayed with Blue World Pools is a gigantic pleasure. Every aspect of the program was carried out like pros. The pool’s installation was scheduled and completed as set. The installers were professional, as was anyone spoken to at the offices. The pool was installed, the area trash was disposed of, and it constituted a great summer for my grandkids. Thank you Blue World Pools. We would recommend you to anyone and everyone.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2012

Hi! My name is Shiaunda ** and my family and I received our pool back in June, 2012, just in time for my son's birthday party. Every one came and had a great time in the pool. We all enjoyed it very much and it's easy to keep clean and to maintain. Thanks Blue World Pool for the best pool ever.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2012

It’s one of the best investments we have made. The pool is so easy to keep clean and the water has stayed crystal clear since the day it was filled. We live in the country and are surrounded by dirt. I figured we would be constantly cleaning, but it does its job. And the kids are all thankful. They have really enjoyed it. Thank you, Blue World Pools.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2012

I needed to share my experience with all of you about our new pool. The sales representative we worked with was very knowledgeable, patient, and kind. They did not push us into any type of pool. They explained the difference and my husband and I chose. There was no pressure in picking the pool. The quality and professionalism of the installers was very thorough. They were kind and very respectful to my family. The pool was set-up in a timely manner. My grandkids just love the pool. It’s great for my family.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

We saw the ad for a cheap pool and knew it had to be too good to be true for $399. We called and the salesman admitted that it was to get our attention and he proceeded to show us their program. We ended up getting their best pool which was a great deal of money but still far less than an in-ground pool. We've had the pool two seasons now and are quite happy with it. And our grandkids absolutely love to see Grandma and Grandpa whenever they can to swim. They have learned to swim and snorkel and they've made a lot of friends in the neighborhood. Our pool with the ionizer system has been far easier to keep clean and far less expensive than our neighbor's pool with the harsh chlorine system. We love our Blue World pool.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2012

We bought a Blue World pool in July of 2011. We did have a problem with the ladder - it broke on the first week that we have owned the pool. My husband called and they sent out new parts for it immediately as promised. It’s a beautiful pool and our family has already enjoyed many hours of fun!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2012

We ordered our pool from Blue World. They upgraded our pool for no additional charge. The payment is affordable. We live 10 miles from the community pool. With fuel prices like they are, it is very convenient having the pool right there at home. Our family loves having parties and gatherings for swimming. It is easy to care for.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2012

We have had our pool for 3 summers. Although the kids love having it, dad and I are getting upset when we do everything we have been told to do and still the pool will not stay clear. Weekly cleaning, scanning and using the snake to pick up the bottom has all been a joke. It's hard to have your kids plan a pool party and we can't get it clear for them to have it. We have enjoyed the pool. We actually, during these economic times, decided to go ahead with putting a pool in to offset the vacations we were unable to afford the past 2 years. I have recently lost my job, it's been 14 months, and I try daily for new positions.

I was a little disappointed when my husband called to try and have Blue World Pools work with us in order to not lose the pool the kids are so in love with and was told no. They would not help, would not refinance or even drop our payments and tack on extra years. Kids love having it, they enjoy it when we are able to keep it clean enough for them to swim in and it is something I do not want to take away. This is one of the last things we have that we are trying our hardest to hold onto for their sake, but all the treatments we do, we cannot have their pool in working order for more than a week at a time due to the water not being/staying clear.

I am praying this info gets to who it needs to and they see a hardworking family trying to keep up on our responsibility we took on, but feel we were misguided on the upkeep, and the company not working with us at all since I became unemployed. Satisfied with the setup, the pool itself, but unsatisfied by the lack of use we get from it due to issues that were never "heard of" with this pool.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2012

We have had our pool for about a year now and have been very happy with the pool and everyone associated with Blue World Pools. I had only one complaint, and that was a leaking liner. I made one phone call and they corrected the problem right away. My family has enjoyed many hours of fun and relaxation. And the pool is as easy to care for as they say it is.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2012

When they were installing my pool, I told the guy it was not level. He said his instrument read that it was level and continued. Upon filling the pool it was 5 inches out of level. I called the company and they told me to use it and they would fix it. At the end of the summer, they sent a new guy (fired the 1st) and leveled the pool and installed a new liner. They did everything they said they would and more. They made a skeptic into a believer. Now I love my pool!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2012

Blue World Pools provided exactly as promised a beautiful, easy to care for pool. They were professional at all points from sales agent to installation to technical support. The pool was installed in one day and was full of water the next day. It has since proven to be a fun spot for my family and many of my neighbors.

Original review: July 19, 2012

I was very happy with the purchase of my pool from the salesman who came to my house to the installer who put it in. It has been a great investment not only for my property but for my health too. I have used my pool almost every day since it was installed.

Original review: May 4, 2012

We had a company called Blue World Pools out to our home. The reason being we saw an ad of theirs online for a complete pool package for $399.00. When the salesman came out, he told us all the reasons why we did not want to buy that pool and after almost three hours, he convinced us to buy a $15,000 pool from him. We gave him a $1,000 deposit, which he said he would hold until we were approved for financing. In the meantime, we did some more research and found the same exact pool for $8,200. Well, we called the office to tell them we had changed our mind and wanted our original down payment check back. We were informed it had already been cashed and that we were legally obligated to buy their pool.

The salesman lied to us, when we called the office the next day, we were told they would not cash our check and they did and now, we are obligated to buy this $15,000 pool that we can get somewhere else for $8,200. These guys are all crooks! All they want is your money. Stay away from them!

Original review: June 3, 2010

I went to a two day cram class on how to sell swimming pools to consumers on preset appointments. They were advertising a $299.00 pool, when we left they were paying from $10,000 to $15,000 for an above ground pool. I have been in sales for 20 years and have never seen anything like this. I quit them today because of the financial stress the company had put on me and my family. I also googled the company and found out all the horror stories of other people who have dealt with them. We were trained to scam people and then in return, we also get scammed out of our commissions. If someone would please listen to how this all takes place, it will blow your mind. I have found out many things in the last few days and have caught them in many lies. Just google complaints on Blue World Pools and if you want to know the whole scoop, please contact me ASAP. I also know that they have changed their name at least 4 times.

I listed to an ad that said sales closers make an average of $4,000 to $6,000 per week. Due to bad economic times, I had to close my business of 9 years and decided to take this job. Today, I find out after working 3 weeks and writing $81,000 in business that I am not getting paid on payday either and that their contract keeps us from getting paid. This has caused my family financial hardship, plus I realized what was happening to the consumer after I googled Blue World Pools.

If an attorney would listen to a sales pitch and see how it works, you will fall over dead. It is my understanding now that they have been banned from selling pools in Georgia and I think Florida. They continuously travel from state to state training new people, hoping to get 1 or 2 sales before they quit and if you quit before giving a week’s notice, they charge you back $367.00 per lead they say they could have set for you that week, deleting all of your commissions. Also, once you see the big picture, it is unreal.

After 3 days, the customer is threatened with a lien on their house and a 50% cancellation fee. I was personally called by Blue World Pools this week before I quit and told to take the letters out of my sales brochures I leave with the consumer after the sale that has their contact information on it ruthless is an understatement. You must hear how they do it. Also this week before I quit, I was asked to run an appointment with someone I knew and as I was figuring this all out, I denied the appointment and told them I would not go out and sell a $1,500.00 pool to them for $10,000 and they said okay and sent me out of town. This is when I really knew I was becoming part of this and now I am scammed out of my money also and expenses for traveling at least 5,000 miles.

I also have another person who was in class with me who they are holding their money and could get many more from the net who have not been paid either plus the homeowners who have been wronged. Can someone stop them? Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2010

I bought my pool almost 5 years ago, and I knew when I did it, I got the shaft but was quite honestly too embarrassed to tell anyone. The salesman who came to visit knew I wanted a pool bad, and he told me I could buy the $399.00 pool but it was the econo pool. It would cost more in chemicals and would not last long term.

He started off with a $15k figure, and I assured him that it was not going to happen. So he got on the phone with a supposed manager, and the price kept coming down for this reason or that reason. And then they said they could give me another disc for making it a show pool. Of course, they never came back to show it to anyone, and I am still making payments on the thing.

I love my pool and the low maintenance, but I could have bought 5 pools for what this one will cost me once it's paid for. The salesman used the ionizer to sell me the pool like it was a great thing, and that is why it cost more. I have priced them, and I could have bought a pool for $3k and bought the ionizer separately. And I could have bought 5 of them at what I am paying.

I know that some of the responsibility lies with me, but I am a consumer. Being a single mother, I try to shop wisely, and in this case, I look back and know I didn't do such a good job. Now, I have gotten a letter from Blue World stating they have former employees saying they did something wrong when it was the former employees who stole from the company. I don't know who did what. All I do know is I got ripped on a new one, and it would be nice if someone would stand up for us and say so.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2010

I called about a pool I saw on TV for $399 and a sales person came out to my home. The sales person told me the pool for $399 was not a good pool, that it was cheap and would cost too much to keep up for my families use. The man told me that the more expensive pool was the best way to go because it would be cheaper to keep clean. He said it was a chemical free pool, that once a month I would need to put a cheap bottle of bleach in it and that is all it took to keep it clean and in use. He said that I would spend two or three hundred a month to keep the $399 pool clean due to buying the chemicals for it. He said all I need for the more expensive pool was around .89 cents a month. He told me that the pool that was advertised on TV was cheaply made and in a year or two would need to be replaced and was a waste of money.

He said that it was going to cost me a lot to get the cheaper pool because I would have to get sand hauled in and a bulldozer to clean the site and it would have to be inspected before they would sell me the pool. He told me it was a waste of time and money to buy the $399 for it to mess up in a short time and I should want to improve the value of my home with the expensive pool. He said the value of my home would increase and if I wanted to sell, it would make it easier due to the value of the pool and the look of the home. He said I wouldn't have one of the $399 pool if it was given to me. I told him I didn't want to spend that much money on a pool.

Then he said ,"Well, I have some incentives I can throw in to make it cheaper for you because I like you." He said if I agreed to use the pool as a show poo,l he could deduct a certain amount off the pool. Then he said, "I can call my boss and see if I can use my personal discount to save you even more money." Then he called and I spoke to the manger of the company who offered to drop more off the price of the pool. So I told the sales person after I got off the phone I still didn't know if I wanted to buy the pool. Then he started to push, "Well, I have spent here all this time and did all this work and used my personal discounts and you won't regret it". He said, "When I leave, you won't be able to get the discounts I offered you; the deal will be over." I felt pressured and like I had done the man wrong for not buying the pool so I agreed to buy the expensive pool.

Later that night, I called and left a message on the manager's answer machine saying I changed my mind and didn't want the pool. I stopped payment on the check. I got a call a few days later about the payment and that I had to have the cancellation in writing to the company within 3 days of signing the paper work. I never was told there was a time limit on the cancellation process. It was not shown to me at the time of sale. The lady told me I had to either pay the down payment or pay a percentage of the cost of the pool to cancel the contact or they would take me to court for the price of the pool. They also told me of a loan on my home they could enforce if I didn't honor the contract. So, I have been paying on this pool and it costs too much to keep up. I can't even use it anymore due to the chemicals which cost too much. It was a lie when the man said it was chemical free. I feel wronged and I feel I have wasted all the money I have paid on the pool.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2010

My ex-husband saw a ad on TV for a $99 a month pool from Blue World so he called the number and they sent someone out. The man was an old man. He took like 2 hours talking about his life and he had retired from the army. When he got to the pool, he got very nervous and started to talk faster like he was timed or something. We asked about the pool on sale because he was talking about every other one but that one. Since we were on a fixed budget that was all we could afford and that was why we called. He told us that that pool would not last long and he would work something out where we could get a better pool that we could afford.

I kept telling him no, that we could not afford it since the price was so high. It was something like $400 a month. He told me this pool would not need any chemicals but 1 gallon of bleach every week and it would stay clean and ready to swim in year-round. He said that I would never have to drain or refill it again. He said that the pool would help me lose weight by walking around it and doing water exercise and would reduce my stress. He said that it came with all the accessories like a vacuum, free chemicals and a vacation to I don't know where and some other stuff as extra.

Then he got on the phone and talked to some guy and told him that we could not afford this quality high pool. He said okay, that his boss said they would make us a deal; they would give us this beautiful pool that was going to change our lives for a cheap price but we would have to be a show pool which meant that when they wanted a customer to see one of their pools, they could come over and see mine and this was supposed to happen a certain amount of times per year and that is how they would knock off these thousands of dollars and get the payment to $300 a month.

We also had to write a letter stating how the pool has changed our lives for the better. I said no, I did not want it. It was still too high. He talked to the guy again and they lowered it to $231 but I told him I still could not afford it. I thought they had the special one for $99. He said, "Well, this is the best you will get and the price is so low you can't beat it." He said, "You won't find a cheaper pool. We will install it and you have warranty so if anything goes wrong just call us and we will send someone out." The installers will explain how everything works when they get here in a week. He went outside and said, "Okay, this is a good size. It will go right here."

So he went inside and took out a small fax machine from his bag and told us to sign the papers and he need the papers from the house. I was like for what. He said that since it was a show pool, they need to make sure that we would keep paying it by putting a lien on the home. I asked him what was that. He said that if we did not pay for the pool, they would add the balance to our mortgage and that for us to finish buying the house, we would have to pay that at the end of our mortgage. Now he was asking for too much, so I did as he said. As he told us to sign some papers ,he started to shake uncontrollably and he asked for water. We gave it to him. He was shaking trying to hurry and fax the papers over to the company.

He then told us about the 3-day cancellation. He said that we had 3 days to cancel but everyday it was a fee we would have to pay if we waited to cancel but that we had 3 days. If we waited today, it was a certain percentage because he had already turned in the order. If we waited 2 days, it would be more since they started to get the pool order together and if we got the pool at the house but they did not install, it we would have to pay for the pool then and the shipping also if we were to cancel. So as soon as he faxed that paper in, the days had started. I had given a posted date check as a down payment for I think it was $250 because I had to put down $500 for them to start building. The other $250 was due when they came to install. He left a pink copy of what I think was the contract but I am not sure since I cannot even read it. Because he was so shaky while faxing it, he wrinkled it up and has some black from the fax carbon. then the writing did not go through on my copy, so I do not know what is says or said.

He said they would be here in a week to install. I called in the next day and tried to cancel but because I could not afford it, a lady told me that the pool was already being shipped and that I would have to pay I think she said 33% of the price and a return fee because the order was already in process. I thought to myself, okay, I cant afford 33% of I think it came out from $99 dollar a month too. I have to look at the price but I think it was a $15000 pool. So I called again the next day and told them to cancel because I was not going to have the $250 for the installer when he called. The man said, "Hang on" and returned to the line and said, "You will have to pay the fees because your pool was already shipped but I will do this for you. I talked to my boss and they said for me to waive the down payment." There was no way I could pay the fees, so I said fine.

A couple of days later, I got a call from Blue World. It was a woman saying that the pool was ready to be shipped but they were verifying that someone would be there to tell us where we wanted it and that we had to open at least 6 feet of fence for the machines to come through. She also said that she had to add on the cover and some other things and that is was going to be $5000 more and I told her no, I did not want it. She said I had to get it to protect the pool or else my water would get dirty and it would damage the pool and then it would be my fault and the warranty would not cover it. I was like why did no one say this before. She said it was on the way and that the installers would be here in 2 weeks.

The pool came and we waited for the installers but they never came. It was like a month or more when they showed up at night time. It was dark. I think it was like 7 or 8 pm when they started working. I stayed up late until they got it done like 11 or 12. They called me to see it and I went but I could not see much since it was dark and they told me to sign the paper because they had finished. They left the water on, a 6 page booklet on how to work the pool. In the morning I woke up and there was stuff all over the place. I did not know what the things were. I just saved it in the garage, things like rubber, pipes, hoes a metal small white machine and some plastic parts and I guess extra screws. The pool got filled in 3 days and we got in. I felt lumps and holes and little pieces of stems or grass where the sand was not level or covering it, but I said maybe it will settle as we swim in it.

We swam in it like 3 times and the arm of the ladder broke. My ex-husband called it in and they said they would send out a new one. So we put some duct tape on it, then the water started to look foggy like a light cream color. My ex was swimming under water and saw a bag of sand under the ladder but it was leaking the sand into the water making it foggy and dirty looking. We tried to clear it up with the vacuum but the vacuum they gave us was useless. We tried our best to put it together since no one walked us or showed us anything.

They just installed and left us like that. Then leaves started to fall in it since it was already fall. We took out the cover and tried to cover it but the cover was too small. We tied it to the pool but since it was too small all the leaves and stuff were falling in it. Summer time was here again. The part took forever but it got here but it was the wrong side of the handle of the ladder. We called it but they never sent it. The water was by then black and dirty and murky since the tarp did not cover it. All animals like pigeons, rats, frogs and squirrels and insect were in there, dead and leaves and green algae.

During the summer months, we had ran the machine and put the bleach but it was not working and this was the outcome. So we drained the pool out and cleaned it and refilled it up again. We have done this every year except for this one. During these years, about 2 years ago, I got fired from my job and I got sick. I got fluid in my heart and in my body. I could not make the pool payments on time and they started to harass me, calling all the time and telling me "you want us to take your house?" I got into it with a lady because she was very rude. Then they sent a collector ;it was about 9 p.m. and we were celebrating my dad's birthday. He was here saying that he needed a payment. I told him I had already talked to someone and made arrangements. He connected me with the man and the man had accused me of hanging up the phone on him and acting like I was someone else. I told him it was someone else because I was at the hospital that day and my daughter said yes, it was her who answered the phone and I asked her why she hung up on him and she said because he was being rude. So the collector left.

Well the water was always green and stinky, full of algae, never clear. It only would be clear for 2 or 3 days after filling it up. Mold and algae would start growing. I have called several times and asked for advice but all they tell me is to put the bleach. Since then my ladder has broken more and they said it is not covered no more. It was like 70 or so dollars. I have wasted tons of money on algae cleaner and water clarifier to keep it clean but it will only last a week or so and then back to the green pond. I last called and they told me the ionizer needed to be replaced every year and it cost somewhere like 200 dollars, almost the pool payment amount which no one told us about that at all. It has been like 4 years or more and no one has ever come to see our so called show pool. Now the pool just sits there. We swim in it 2 - 4 times a year and that is it.

Every summer, we drain what is in there and clean it out and refill it again which adds like 500 dollars to my water bill. There is no need to cover the pool anymore. The water started to leak from it this summer and we think the liner is torn somewhere. Now I am on a fixed income, disabled and too sick and tired. I just try to make my payments so I won't lose my house and I give up on the pool. It will just stay there because I cannot afford the upkeep and repairs or the pool.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2010

We feel Blue World Pools used deceptive acts in the conduct of my consumer transaction. Very high pressure sell. I was coerced. No response in my 3-day period to cancel the transaction.

Blue World Pools Company Information