Reno, NV

4.7/5 (182 ratings)

About Blue World Pools

Blue World Pools is an above ground pool dealer that offers high-quality products at an affordable price. The company delivers and installs above ground pools. Installation is included in the price and can be done in a matter of days. Financing options are available on Midline and Classic pool models. The company offers free site inspections and consultations.

Pros

• Comprehensive packages
  • Affordable pools
  • Financing options

Cons

• Limited installation availability
  • Extra fees for delivery

Bottom Line

Blue World Pools offers affordable and deluxe above-ground swimming pool package options. Packages include pool equipment and a manufacturer’s warranty. Free installation is limited to certain states.

Blue World Pools Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue World Pools?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue World Pools?

Original review: June 20, 2013

I bought my pool in 2008. It has been one of the best purchases we ever made. Graduated two kids with that pool and now our two year old loves it. He has made it his personal playground. Never any issues, minor maintenance and quiet running. Would recommend to anyone.

Original review: June 18, 2013

We were told we had three days to cancel our pool contract. When we called and explained we were needing to cancel because our development Home Owners Association denied our request for an above ground pool. They said "ok, sorry to hear this, and please keep us in mind in the future". Two months later, out of the blue, we were called by Mr. Kevin ** who told us we would be paying for half the pool at an interest rate of 18%. He would see to it personally that a lien be placed on our property and that this would be reported to all three major credit reporting agencies. They then proceeded to process our deposit of $500 from our bank account two whole months later!! When we called about this transaction, they basically said too bad. They then threatened to garnish our wages!

This company is very unkind. Please do not trust them. We are a family of 6 and this has been very wearing on us and the $500 withdrawal crippled our finances. We were not planning on that money coming out. It took our gas money, grocery money, and the money we needed to live on until the next payday, not to mention the outstanding checks that bounced and we were fined $30 each for!

Resolution response: July 9, 2013

After what started off to be a big mess has ended in a HAPPY customer, Jim from Blue World Pools really made me feel better about the whole thing from the day the installers left me with a un-working pool to a new team (Eric) coming to my house to fix the issues.

He has gone out of his way to take care of this for me! Me and my family are excited to know that our pool will be up and working in just less then 2 hours my sweet little girl which is (4) is ready to get in this big bath tub as she calls it! Thank you JIM and Eric for helping me and making everything right again very excited to have this Chemical free pool in our backyard! You all have made me one happy lady!

Original review: June 15, 2013

This whole process has been a BIG MESS! I am a business owner myself and it's family-owned as Blue World Pools claims to be family-run. I really wish I would have stuck to my guns when I told the salesperson several times NO, that is just too much money but they get you by going down on the price from 28 thousand dollars to $8,400. I had a salesperson in my house for 4 hours trying her best to get me to buy one of those pools, faking that I was getting a great deal, that her supervisor never gives anyone a deal like that. Which is a lie because I come to find out everyone gets that deal. So I finally said, "Yes, let's just do this," because what I loved the most about these pools was the fact that it is chemical-free, great for my kids. That alone is what sold me.

I was told that I would have someone calling me in a couple of days to start the Financing process for my pool. One week went by, and I didn't hear anything from them. Finally, I got a call to start the financing process and then got another call 1 week later telling me about a great deal they are giving me; I get to have the classic pool, their best pool for the same price so I definitely took it. I come to find out there is a price difference, a 5000-dollar difference. I found that out on the day the installers came. I went ahead and signed the paperwork because my daughter was really looking forward to having a pool; my mistake will never do that again.

Altogether, it took 3 weeks to finally hear from an installer. They came on a Thursday; that whole day was nothing but paperwork and leveling the ground. Day 2 was them putting up the pool, so now I have missed 2 days at work and at the end of day 2, they still were not done with my pool. They left my house at 8 pm. They told me to leave the water running until a certain point then shut it off. That meant I had to stay up and watch water fill up my pool so around 2 am, I shut it off to go to sleep because I had to get back to my business in the morning.

Day 3 of installation, I walked out to look at the pool and saw that the pool walls were bowing in all around the sides. I got a call from the installers 10 min. later telling me that the lining in my pool was too small and this big story about how they will fix it and they just don't know when. They had already been to my house that morning and just left. The way they left my yard with trash, water bottles, boxes, dirt and sand everywhere is just not acceptable. They even left my ladder in the middle of the pool so now I have a falling down, half filled pool in my backyard. Blue World Pools says, "Let's GO swimming," a lot when you are on the phone with them while they are trying to sell to you. Well, guess what, Blue World? I can't, because my pool is falling apart and I'm left to clean up the mess! Thank you!

Your installation team is the face of your business and you send me 2 men that have never put in one of your pools - not a smart move. At least have them trained before you send them out! I would never let this happen! It's Father's Day weekend and my fiance just passed his masters test and we were supposed to have this wonderful pool up and running for this day and now I have to cancel the party and move it to a different location which I am out the money for. I am also out the money for the water and days I had to take off. On that note, I called Blue World before I posted this just to see if I could get someone to help me!

I called Blue World Pools; a lady who did not tell me her name answered and got really smart with me, telling me, "I don't play games" that if I was 3-way calling her, I better quit. I have no clue why she thought I was 3-way calling her. I never once raised my voice with her because that's not how you get things fixed or to receive what you want. At this point, I am just sad and very unhappy to see businesses ran like this and people getting screwed over. I feel it's not right at all how they are running their family-owned business. I am not the type of person to write a bad review about a business on the internet but this just can't keep happening.

I'm so unhappy and I was looking forward to referring my friends and family to this company. I would not send my worst enemy to this place. At the end of all of this, I feel VERY PLAYED AND TAKEN! Note to Blue World Pools: you should not have made your company so big that you can't do what you say you will do. I would never let one of my clients walk out of my company unhappy and feel the way I feel. You take care of your HARDWORKING customers that spend money with you. I will make sure I do everything I can to let it be known that your company is not worth the money or headache as I have read all of the bad reviews. Next are the BBB and my lawyer. This is wrong!

Resolution response: June 13, 2013

So I just got a call from Shawn/Sean from Blue World pools. After posting my last complaint a few hours ago, Shawn has seen the review online and called and told us he would personally make sure our pool is put up ASAP! He was not happy with the way the installation people have handled themselves and has assured us that we will get everything taken care of! He said this is his family's company and he wants every customer to be 100% happy with everything. I am pleased to know that there are people who still have standards and want to do good business!

Thanks, Shawn, for the help! He was very, very nice and said that if anyone else should have a problem to directly contact him also! As soon as our pool is up, I will post pics of my kids swimming and having fun! And Shawn told us he would have a new installer come out and do the job! Fingers crossed and praying for good weather now, so we can get our pool! I've never seen a review on their pools being bad. Everyone has said that once their pool was up, the product was great... It was just dealing w/ the installation stuff. So here's to a good pool! And thanks, Shawn, for taking care of us!

Original review: June 12, 2013

They tricked us by putting an ad up for a $299 pool. Then they have a salesman come out for 3 hours and talk to you about pools, and tell you how the $299 pool is a horrible pool to get. Then they start out with prices of $28,000 for an above ground pool!!! I told him numerous times, absolutely no way! He kept dropping the price and I still said no! He then called his manager Todd from the company. Todd told me that he would drop the price to $8,800. He talked to my husband and told him this price is only if we agreed to take pics of the pool in our backyard and they could use it as a show pool. He said we would have the pool within 7-10 business days, and they will have someone come out, level the land, pour sand down and install the pool. We wouldn't have to do anything! He promised it would be ready before my kids got out of school.

Well, it took 3 weeks to finally get the parts for the pool and the installer came out with a bobcat to level the land on a day it was raining! I told him he was just going to make a muddy mess. He said he was going to give it a try anyways! Well, the bobcat made a huge mess and ended up stuck in our yard! A week later, he came back for his bobcat while no one was home. Now we can't get in touch with him and we have a huge, dirt pile, muddy mess in our backyard and pool parts scattered everywhere! I called numerous amounts of times and have talked to Micheal in the installation department, Mario in the installation department and then even spoke with the Vice President of the company (Jim). They were so rude to me and basically said it wasn't their problem that my backyard was a muddy mess now. If I wanted to blame someone, I should blame God!!!

So a month later after paying for this pool, we have a bigger mess. No pool put up and horrible attitudes from people at the company. My kids are out of school for the summer and stare out the window everyday wishing I would have just bought a $600 pool from Walmart! At least it would be put up and they could swim! Stay away from this company! Blue World Pools is horrible!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: June 6, 2013

I was definitely taken advantage of during the salesman visit to convince us to buy one of their pools. The man was at our home from 6:30 pm till 10:30 pm at night and wouldn't take no for an answer when I would respond by saying, "No, it isn't within our budget." He continued to negotiate and said he would make it a show pool and I would be obligated to advertise in our neighborhood. The total price of the pool is $18,000, and he dropped it to $16,000 and then down to $12,000 each time I responded with a no. He pressured me to make the decision that day even though I was reluctant and wanted to wait until I researched other options.

When I called to cancel, they told me I would be responsible for half of the cost even though I have no pool in my yard and that I couldn't cancel over the phone! This was just for cancelling and furthermore, the salesman also said the same thing. Legally, I know that is impossible; it's just a form of intimidation... As I read some of the complaints online about them, they are the same as ours. I was thankfully able the next day to cancel my check as a deposit to them, and I have to close my account because they planned to debit our account on a monthly basis. This, in my opinion, is a scam and people need to be aware of it!

Original review: June 3, 2013

The salesman was new with the company but was very nice. What he did not know he was willing to find the answer to. I was not at all interested in the cheap model. What I was most excited about was the fact that I would not have to use the heavy chemicals in the pool because I am very health conscious and was looking for what would do the job. Last summer was our first year and it was short a little because we did not get the pool until summer was already partly gone. The contractor that put it in for us was good and put the extra dirt out of the way where I wanted it. They did it in one day and I was well pleased with their work.

You could tell that they had put many of them in. A few weeks ago when I took cover off the water, it looked like you could jump right in. I only cleaned it a little and started the filter and ionizer after filling it up to the skimmer. I installed a deck completely around the pool 4 foot with part of it 8-foot. With the design of our house, the above ground pool is nicer than an in ground pool would be. We had an in ground pool years ago and I am very pleased with the above ground pool we have now. My great grandson is delighted with the pool. I would add a picture but not sure how to do it.

No response received
Original review: May 29, 2013

I had a salesman from this company out recently and it was a joke... Honestly, I wasn't interested in the cheap $399 deal. I wanted a good pool. They kept pushing "being a show pool" in my area and I really didn't mind the thought of it. They said it would be at MY convenience. After the 1 1/2 hour presentation, I said I wasn't willing to sign today. I had them out in order to get a price and if I made the decision to buy the pool, I would be in touch. Then the pressure sales commenced.... The price went from $18,000 to $8,819... That right there told me NO WAY even if I hadn't known before they came I wouldn't sign that day...

Then came a few calls to the home office, talking with the "manager", him hanging up on me because I stuck to my guns of not signing today, talking with the "VP of the company", who wasn't any better, and then them taking away my "deal for today only". Since then, "facts" were presented to me I have since found aren't true. I have read TONS of horror stories from people who have done business with them and it MAKES MY DAY. I followed my intuition and didn't do a deal with them that day. I can't even imagine if I had signed an agreement giving them access to my backyard for me to show this pool? Ridiculous... and VERY scary! SHAME on these people for doing business this way.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 28, 2013

I called Blue World Pools wanting to purchase a $399.00 pool from them. They took my information, gave me an appointment time and then called the next day to cancel. I received in the mail a contract to purchase this $399.00 pool from Blue World Pools. After reading the terms and conditions, they wanted me to sign the deed to my property over to them and get a $300,000.00 life insurance policy payable to them in the event that something happened. At this point, I was appalled. What really got my goose cooking was the point if I purchased this pool, paid the outrageous shipping ($500) and installed the pool myself, I would have to allow 4 random visits from them each year to check on their product. I must give them exclusive access to my home periodically to make sure that I wasn't attempting to purchase another pool from a competitor. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE A RIPOFF.

Blue World Pools response

The Econoline pool does not require the deed to property but proof of home ownership as our advertisement states. The shipping is $395 or free customer pick up. A life insurance policy is not required. Blue World Pools, Inc. does not require 4 random visits to check on the product. Blue World Pools, Inc. does not require exclusive access to the customer's home for any reason. If a customer or potential customer has questions on the Econoline pool or any other pool please contact me directly at 1 800 706 09007 ext 3031 Sean Warren. If there are customers that have any issues whatsoever please contact me directly at the above number any time 7 days a week, I would love to help.

No response received
Original review: May 27, 2013

I called Blue World Pools. Their salesman came out and measured the yard. I wanted the $399.00 pool. It was a 90-minute talk. After he was done, I told him I only wanted the $399.00 pool. He said he wanted to sell me the midline, which was $22,000.00. What a joke. I said no. He said, "I'm gonna go to get a soda. I'll be right back." He never came back. I called the company and they told me they would send me the papers out. They never did. Stay far away as you can from this scamming company.

Original review: May 27, 2013

I called Blue World Pools company to ask about the econoline pool. When a salesperson came to my home, I found out all that has to be done by me to put the econoline pool together. Wow, so I went with another pool that the company had to offer. But after signing the paperwork, 8 hours later I tried to cancel. A female associate on the finance dept was very, very rude to me. She informed me that they have not even received my paperwork yet and that I should have known that I could not afford the pool before signing the papers. That it was stupid of me for doing that. With tears in my eyes, I told her that I need to cancel, that I am a stroke patient and I need to cancel because I can't afford. She never gave me her name, but she did tell me not to call back again.

I called the salesperson who came to my home. He made a phone call on my behalf to the office. 30 minutes later, I received a call from Mr. Kevin **. I explained what happened with one of the workers. He is the only reason, the only reason, that I have a pool from Blue World Pools. It is not okay to talk down to a person that change their mind. People call it peer pressure!!! Before anyone agrees to anything, please do not sign no matter how good it sounds.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: May 25, 2013

On Friday, May 10th, 2013, I arranged via internet to have a rep from Blue World Pools come out to my house to explain an ad I found for an above ground pool. The ad was for the Econoline Pool - $399 installation included on customer-ready site. The rep proceeded to inform me that I did not want that pool because of the added shipping expense and because he had better quality pools to show me. He also pushed the fact that my site would need to be ready because that's not included. I explained right away that my site was not ready because of the city requirements of where I live, which I had copies of and tried to hand to him. He said he did not know about any of that and not to worry about it. He then proceeded to do his sales pitch. Not to be rude, I let him continue.

After constantly trying to tell him that I can't afford the pool he was recommending and that I still needed to check with the city and their requirements, he proceeded to call the office and talk with someone to get the $21,000 price down to $8,800.00, which I know I could not afford. I told the person on the other line that I could not afford the pool. He then asked me to hand the phone back to the rep, which I did.

After a few minutes, the rep hung up with the office person and proceeded to inform me that if I decided to cancel after signing the contract I could cancel. I have done this before with companies and had no problem canceling within Texas 3-day cancellation guidelines. So knowing full well they probably could not get me financed anyway, I agreed. Worst decision of my 51 yrs. The rep lied to me when I asked how I can cancel. He gave me the name, number and extension of a female who would help me to cancel. She is the finance lady and she would be more than happy to help me. I also asked several questions while he was there that day and he either avoided the question or out and out lied to me.

After explaining several times that I can't afford it, he again called the office and put me on the line. Here it's recorded, but they deleted that recording of me stating I can't afford it and then re-recorded after being pushed into saying yes because I was also being told I could cancel without a problem. What a scam!

The next day I called back as he instructed, and when I finally did get the woman on the phone, she informed me that she could not help me with a cancellation but she would have a rep that could assist me call me back to help me cancel. After not getting a callback I began to get concerned, so I tried repeatedly that evening and that next day, Sunday, May 12, Mothers Day, to get someone to answer the phone. Of course no one did.

On Monday, May 13, I made several calls again to try and get someone on the phone. Late that evening, finally a man answered the phone. By the way, they don't state their names when they answer the phone, and when I asked for his name, he was rough in his answer back to me asking me what I wanted. I never did get his name. Very unprofessional. Hold on, it gets worse.

I explained to him that I was needing to cancel and that I was informed by (I gave her name) that she would have someone call me back and that I had not received the call back yet, and I needed to cancel. By the way, he's talking over me this whole time. He proceeded to yell at me and suggested in his tone and words that I must be stupid for not reading what I had signed, because it specifically states that I cannot cancel by phone and that I had initialed that so I could not cancel. I tried very hard several times to keep my cool with this person, asking him not to talk to me in this manner and how I can cancel if not by phone. He proceeded to insult me and tell me "You can't cancel."

After disconnecting the call with this person, I got a call from another male person in the office. After listening to his voice mail, I realized this was going to get worse. This person left me threatening voice mails telling me that I could not cancel and the only way to stop this was to pay them $4,400. If I did not pay them, he said he would put a lien on my house and report this to all 3 credit bureaus, and that I did not want that to happen because it's not reversible.

Today, these calls are still happening. Yesterday, I was told by the city I live in that they are not registered to do work in my city. I called and of course got his voice mail, and I explained to him that they are not registered to do work in my city. He called back several hours later which went to my voice mail because I was at work. In an ugly tone he explained that they don't need to be licensed in my city. My city said they can not do business here, I let him know this and that I needed the cancellation form which seems to be missing from my paper wok to cancel. He then told me I can't cancel. He proceeded to tell me that there are 2 ways to resolve this: 1. I pay the $300 deposit amount to proceed, or 2. I pay the $4,400 to cancel and he will proceed with the lien on my home and reporting me to the 3 credit bureaus because that's how he protects the company's interest. (Have you heard and seen their ads? "We Love Our Customers") He said he would do that today if he did not hear back from me today.

I called back and of course got his voice mail, explaining to him to please hold off because I was needing to get back with the city first. Blue World Pools is not registered with them so they can not do work in my city or on my property. This has nothing to do with a license. His voice mail back to me was that he can't hold my paperwork and that he will continue to proceed if he does not get my money today. I found out that they did run a credit report and tried to pull the $300 from my account. Both happened after they knew I was requesting to cancel. I can't even get a loan for $700 so how could I qualify for $8,800! After discovering this, I called again with no answer and left a message for the finance woman to call me back to explain the terms of the financing. But of course, I have not heard back from her.

This matter as of this writing is still not resolved. No resolution has been forth coming, and after repeated attempts to cancel and my repeated requests to get a cancellation form, which by law was supposed to be in my paperwork and was not, I'm still being told "You can't cancel!" I am looking for resolution here and to put an end to this company's bad business tactics. After this ongoing bad experience, I hope this helps you to stay far, far, far away from Blue World Pools. Check back for updates. God Bless!

Resolution response: May 25, 2013

After posting a review at an earlier date, an executive of Blue World Pools contacted my family to explain that there was some miscommunication between us and their representative. They explained to us fully and told us a refund of our downpayment would be sent to us as soon as possible and no lien or other action would be taken. We regret we were unable to get the pool because it appeared to be an excellent product which is chemical free. In the end, Blue World resolved this misunderstanding between us and its representative in a professional manner.

Original review: May 24, 2013

My wife and I had been in the market for an above ground pool for our grand kids; little did we know it was going to be a nightmare. We called Blue World Pools. One of their sales reps came out and explained like I'm sure you have heard over and over the $399 pool they offer on their website comes out to about $5,000. So he continued on. Not using our better judgment, we continued to listen to the sales rep. So after he showed us a book with all the great benefits this pool had to offer us and the fun our grandchildren would have using it, he came up with a price like $17,000. We then told him we could not afford that. Then he told us if we show the pool to perspective buyers so many times a year, he could get the pool down to about $9,000.

So with that being said, we agreed if they could get us financed. So we called and called after filling out the finance paperwork and got no return calls until someone called said, "We were unable to get you financed. Could we come up with more down or provide our own financing?" Our answer to both questions was no and this time, the sales rep told us we will still be responsible for 30% of the $8,000 and a lien would be placed on our home. So now, we are stuck paying 30% of something we have never owned or seen. We have tried to ask why since we could not get financed and they told us the contract was not based on a continence that we get financed. It was based on cash which was never mentioned anytime during our negotiations.

Original review: May 20, 2013

I called Blue World Pools 3 times and asked a great deal of questions. Every time I called, the same person answered (Phillip). I saw a commercial about a pool for $299.00 including installation. I made an appointment for the same day. I provided all the information that was asked. The gentleman informed me the rep would call an hour before he arrives. After I never heard from anyone, I called the number to follow up. When I called from the same phone number, it didn't allow me to speak to anyone. An automated message came on that a rep would not be coming over. I was very disappointed.

I provided a second phone number when I made the appointment. I called from that number as well and got the same recording, so my number was put in the system to block me from calling. I called from a third telephone number that wasn't provided. The same person (Phillip) answered. When I told him who I was and what transpired, all of a sudden the phone was disconnected. I called back and never got a straight answer. Save your hard earned money. They'll take your info and do God knows what with...

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 18, 2013

I recently went to work for a gentleman who installed pools for this company. As a contractor myself, I understood all the facets of contracts, client relations, quality work and above all, customer satisfaction. Initially, I wrote most of the initial problems off as a fluke; however, I soon found out that this company and its policies are anything but honorable. I worked for three weeks installing pools primarily in Kentucky; red flags popped up at every turn. Clients were promised one thing from the sales representatives and the company, and were delivered another. Most of the negative reviews that I read hit the problems with this company flat on the head. I have provided my services for over thirty years to people all over this great country, and I can tell you that I have never contracted for such a downright despicable company.

They will smile and promise you the world in order to get you to sign the paperwork. At the same time, they are conspiring the easiest way to take your money. For God's sake, please consider buying a pool from a better company. Do not sign their contract (if they won't let you have a copy of anything you sign or allow you to have a lawyer review the contract, that should indicate that there is a problem). I cannot tell you the details of just how evil this company is. By the way, they make their so-called employees sign a contract to say that they will never say or write a negative review or comment about this company. Fortunately, I was not an employee of theirs, but of the contractor that signed such a document. On his behalf and all other installers that work for this company, I felt it was my duty to let the public know that these folks just can't be trusted.

Blue World Pools response

My name is Sean Warren and I am part of the owning family of Blue World Pools, Inc. I would be happy to take you through when the customer first calls all the way to after the installation of a customer's pool. We do tape recordings to ensure the customer's order is correct and to make sure there are no misunderstandings. It appears you simply do not have the full picture. You could not have possibly dealt with the paperwork or you would KNOW that the customer ALWAYS receives a copy. Let me take the time to take you through it so you can have a better understanding as what you wrote about my organization is completely misguided. Please call me at 1 800 706 0907 ext 3031, Sean Warren. PS If there any customers who need any help whatsoever prior to posting please call me and let me remedy your issues. 1 800 706 0907 ext 3031 Sean Warren

Original review: May 11, 2013

Be aware! This place is a ripoff. Their sales practices are a joke and their paperwork is very misleading. Do not trust them when you have a question concerning the paperwork and then call the main office. Regardless of what they tell you over the phone, once you sign the documents, it's a binding contract. There are cancellation fees of 30% of the price of the pool and after a certain period, the cancellation fee is the entire pool cost, not to mention there are documents which indicate that they will put a lien on your house as well as cause you to lose your house and any money you have in it. I did not buy a pool from them.

Luckily for me, I am a contract manager and understood the language in the paperwork. This place is a joke and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I feel sorry for the people that signed without reading. The sales will talk to you nonstop while you are going over the documents to distract you! They will not leave the paperwork for you to review either. Stay far, far away.

Original review: May 2, 2013

In 2009 I was shopping for a pool. I was leaning towards an inground but was concerned about the expense. I saw the ad for "cheap" above ground and thought maybe that would work while I saved money for the inground. Joke was on me! The salesman told me that if I purchased the more expensive pool, they could install it completely in the ground and it would be exactly like an inground, and I would save a few grand. I was in disbelief that an above ground could actually be installed like that.

So, the salesman called Blue World and put his phone on speaker. His manager convinced me that this pool was like no other above ground, and it could be put all-the-way in the ground. The only catch was it would cost a little more for the installation (which made complete sense). I was then "ganged up on" with 2 salesmen brainwashing me that this was a much healthier choice for an inground pool (since the actual price was only $3,000 less than an inground). I signed the contract, paid the deposit, and set an installation date (which was 3 weeks later).

The date of the install arrived and I was very excited. First, the contractor made me sign a new agreement because Blue World upgraded the pool I ordered from the mid-grade to their most expensive. His crew was already putting the pool parts in my yard, and I thought to myself “they had to upgrade to put it in the ground”. I was excited and I signed. The excavation began but stopped after only leveling the ground. I approached the contractor and told him the pool was supposed to be placed all-the-way in the ground, and it was the only reason I agreed to buy it. He told me they could not put it in the ground like that and I needed to call Blue World. I immediately called.

I spoke with a manager and told him the names of the other manager and the salesman who told me it would be put in the ground. He confirmed that the pool could not go in the ground and informed me that the manager and the salesman no longer worked for the company. I informed him that I did not want the pool if it couldn't be put in the ground because that was the only reason I agreed to buy it. The manager became rude and told me I was legally obligated to purchase the pool because I didn't cancel within 3 days after I signed the original contract. I explained I didn't know then that they wouldn't put it in the ground, or I would've never signed to begin with.

Then he said they would put a lien on my home if I didn't pay for it (whether they installed it or not). I then told him if they weren't putting it in the ground, I didn't want the upgraded pool. If I was being forced into the contract, I wanted him to honor the original ($2,000 difference). He told me the instance I signed the modified contract it voided the original. I bet this manager got off the phone and laughed while I was in tears.

In fear of losing my home, I've been paying for this seriously over-priced pool that I didn't want for nearly 4 years. I figure it's the price I have to pay for an extremely important lesson - trust no one! The icing on this nasty cake was when I got a phone call the other day. It was Blue World Pools. The representative told me I would get a free ionizer if I came to this website, wrote a positive review, and she confirmed the comments were positive. Really? A bribe? Does this company have any decency? Guess I won’t be getting a free ionizer... LOL!

Resolution response: May 8, 2013

In response to my post about our problems with Blue World Pools on April 22, 2013, we were contacted by Blue World. This time we dealt with a very helpful lady named Johnita **. She acknowledged she was unaware of all the problems we had with this pool and our service, and apologized on behalf of the company. She also assured us that all the problems would be taken care of. Blue World did agree to do what the salesman promised us (as in the discounted items) and also refunded us for the repairs we had to pay for out of pocket.

I am very pleased with the way this lady has helped us and it totally made my experience with Blue World worth it. Although in the beginning we had problems, we did enjoy the pool and continue to enjoy it. Now that the problems are solved and we no longer feel that we were misled, we can enjoy it even more. We definitely will recommend them in the future.

Original review: April 22, 2013

Our experience with Blue World was not a good one. Our salesman told us it would be a chemical free pool, all the parts would have a lifetime guarantee, and our pool was a show pool and we would receive discounts on all items. We were also told that we had to replace only one part every year which was an ionizer and it would cost $100 but would be discounted. Within the first summer, our pool was off level, foggy, and the ladder rails broke. We took a sample of water to our local store and were told we needed about $150 worth of chemicals. We also had to purchase the rails for the ladder at our own expense.

The ladder is now broken again. The handrails are very cheaply made and do not last at all. We have had our pool almost 3 summers now and have had to replace them every summer. After a long period of time and waiting, someone did come look at it being off level and we were told it would settle. It is a little better now. We upgraded our purchase through Blue World and were given a heavy duty winter cover. This was a joke. It caved in the first winter and allowed so much stuff inside the pool it was ridiculous.

We have since bought a new one at our local store which cost us but was worth it. When we went to replace the ionizer that we were told would be $100 before discounts, we were told by Blue World that it was on sale for $160. We have also had to have plumbing work done on our pool twice. The first time by Blue World, of course, didn't get fixed right so we had to pay our local pool store to come do it again. Overall, the pool is nice and we enjoy it but honestly I feel like we were ripped off, lied to and would have had a better experience and saved a lot more money if we would have purchased it from our local store.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2012

Writing a recommendation for a company with the attitude that has been displayed with Blue World Pools is a gigantic pleasure. Every aspect of the program was carried out like pros. The pool’s installation was scheduled and completed as set. The installers were professional, as was anyone spoken to at the offices. The pool was installed, the area trash was disposed of, and it constituted a great summer for my grandkids. Thank you Blue World Pools. We would recommend you to anyone and everyone.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2012

Hi! My name is Shiaunda ** and my family and I received our pool back in June, 2012, just in time for my son's birthday party. Every one came and had a great time in the pool. We all enjoyed it very much and it's easy to keep clean and to maintain. Thanks Blue World Pool for the best pool ever.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2012

It’s one of the best investments we have made. The pool is so easy to keep clean and the water has stayed crystal clear since the day it was filled. We live in the country and are surrounded by dirt. I figured we would be constantly cleaning, but it does its job. And the kids are all thankful. They have really enjoyed it. Thank you, Blue World Pools.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2012

I needed to share my experience with all of you about our new pool. The sales representative we worked with was very knowledgeable, patient, and kind. They did not push us into any type of pool. They explained the difference and my husband and I chose. There was no pressure in picking the pool. The quality and professionalism of the installers was very thorough. They were kind and very respectful to my family. The pool was set-up in a timely manner. My grandkids just love the pool. It’s great for my family.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

We saw the ad for a cheap pool and knew it had to be too good to be true for $399. We called and the salesman admitted that it was to get our attention and he proceeded to show us their program. We ended up getting their best pool which was a great deal of money but still far less than an in-ground pool. We've had the pool two seasons now and are quite happy with it. And our grandkids absolutely love to see Grandma and Grandpa whenever they can to swim. They have learned to swim and snorkel and they've made a lot of friends in the neighborhood. Our pool with the ionizer system has been far easier to keep clean and far less expensive than our neighbor's pool with the harsh chlorine system. We love our Blue World pool.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2012

We bought a Blue World pool in July of 2011. We did have a problem with the ladder - it broke on the first week that we have owned the pool. My husband called and they sent out new parts for it immediately as promised. It’s a beautiful pool and our family has already enjoyed many hours of fun!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2012

We ordered our pool from Blue World. They upgraded our pool for no additional charge. The payment is affordable. We live 10 miles from the community pool. With fuel prices like they are, it is very convenient having the pool right there at home. Our family loves having parties and gatherings for swimming. It is easy to care for.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2012

We have had our pool for 3 summers. Although the kids love having it, dad and I are getting upset when we do everything we have been told to do and still the pool will not stay clear. Weekly cleaning, scanning and using the snake to pick up the bottom has all been a joke. It's hard to have your kids plan a pool party and we can't get it clear for them to have it. We have enjoyed the pool. We actually, during these economic times, decided to go ahead with putting a pool in to offset the vacations we were unable to afford the past 2 years. I have recently lost my job, it's been 14 months, and I try daily for new positions.

I was a little disappointed when my husband called to try and have Blue World Pools work with us in order to not lose the pool the kids are so in love with and was told no. They would not help, would not refinance or even drop our payments and tack on extra years. Kids love having it, they enjoy it when we are able to keep it clean enough for them to swim in and it is something I do not want to take away. This is one of the last things we have that we are trying our hardest to hold onto for their sake, but all the treatments we do, we cannot have their pool in working order for more than a week at a time due to the water not being/staying clear.

I am praying this info gets to who it needs to and they see a hardworking family trying to keep up on our responsibility we took on, but feel we were misguided on the upkeep, and the company not working with us at all since I became unemployed. Satisfied with the setup, the pool itself, but unsatisfied by the lack of use we get from it due to issues that were never "heard of" with this pool.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2012

We have had our pool for about a year now and have been very happy with the pool and everyone associated with Blue World Pools. I had only one complaint, and that was a leaking liner. I made one phone call and they corrected the problem right away. My family has enjoyed many hours of fun and relaxation. And the pool is as easy to care for as they say it is.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2012

When they were installing my pool, I told the guy it was not level. He said his instrument read that it was level and continued. Upon filling the pool it was 5 inches out of level. I called the company and they told me to use it and they would fix it. At the end of the summer, they sent a new guy (fired the 1st) and leveled the pool and installed a new liner. They did everything they said they would and more. They made a skeptic into a believer. Now I love my pool!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2012

Blue World Pools provided exactly as promised a beautiful, easy to care for pool. They were professional at all points from sales agent to installation to technical support. The pool was installed in one day and was full of water the next day. It has since proven to be a fun spot for my family and many of my neighbors.

Original review: July 19, 2012

I was very happy with the purchase of my pool from the salesman who came to my house to the installer who put it in. It has been a great investment not only for my property but for my health too. I have used my pool almost every day since it was installed.

Original review: May 4, 2012

We had a company called Blue World Pools out to our home. The reason being we saw an ad of theirs online for a complete pool package for $399.00. When the salesman came out, he told us all the reasons why we did not want to buy that pool and after almost three hours, he convinced us to buy a $15,000 pool from him. We gave him a $1,000 deposit, which he said he would hold until we were approved for financing. In the meantime, we did some more research and found the same exact pool for $8,200. Well, we called the office to tell them we had changed our mind and wanted our original down payment check back. We were informed it had already been cashed and that we were legally obligated to buy their pool.

The salesman lied to us, when we called the office the next day, we were told they would not cash our check and they did and now, we are obligated to buy this $15,000 pool that we can get somewhere else for $8,200. These guys are all crooks! All they want is your money. Stay away from them!

Blue World Pools Company Information