Black & Decker Pest Control

Compare Pest Control Companies

Research top Pest Control Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

After Hurricane Katrina, we had all kinds of pest coming in my house. I got six pest controls in November 2006 and haven't had a problem with any pest since. My daughter had rats, I brought three over and plug them in and the next thing we could hear was the rats running in the attic to the house next door.

I've had Black & Decker power tools, food processor and now these electronic pest repellers (model 411) and they're all crap.

I purchased enough for every outlet - since I had 2 from QVC that were great I was so looking forward to these - they are a complete waste of my social security funds at almost $30 for 3 - Can I have my money back? So I can purchase one by Goliam that does work for an entire apt the size of mine - for $40 with free shipping.

We purchased a package of two units, Applica Consumer Products MDL411, distributed by Black & Decker. The units do nothing to prevent or repel pests. My main concern is that one unit malfunctioned and melted in the power outlet. It created so much heat that it baked the outlet and burned 4 inches of the romex inside the outlet box and inside the wall!

Bought two of their "pest repellers," from Home Depot. Placed one in the attic and one near the kitchen for ants. Caught several mice while waiting for the four week waiting period. Watched the ants pass by the unit. They have been in place for three months now and still catching the mice and watching the ants. Very disappointed. Unfortunately, don't have the receipt because we were sure they were going to work. Had to give it 1 star as there was no 0 star.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Black and Decker?

I purchased the Black & Decker pest control three-pack unit for insects, and I asked a store clerk for advice before buying, and she said they work. Maybe she said that so that I would leave her alone because they do not work. My problem only got worse, if roaches could talk! They would thank me for a new place to get inside of! What a waste of $19.99

I had made a purchase of a family pack of the Black and Decker Electronic Pest Control at Wal-Mart and two singles from Kmart. I have one unit in every room and they have been there approximately a month and I still have spider and rodent issues. These things really seem not to work. I have put sticky traps next to or in front of these units and caught mice. I am very unhappy with this product. And I no longer have a receipt to take them back. So I am out $26.00 and $32.00. What a waste!

I purchased a three pack of Black & Decker mouse and pest controller. Electronic, the claim made by the Company is that this controller is only heard by pest and it messes up their brain waves.

The ones who made it are the only ones whos brain waves are messed up.I have 3 plugged in my home, as well as a mouse trap 5 ft from this object so far have caught 3 mice right in front of this so called controller. Its sold to Blacke & decker but packaged in a black and decker container. By a company named Applica Consumer Products of Miramer Florida.

Had I saved the receipt they would be going back to Home Depot. I feel this junk should not be sold at 22.95 I got real mouse traps that work for 1.95. Thank you for your concern in this matter.

I recently purchased a pair of Black & Decker ultrasonic insect repellers made by Applica Consumer Products. I have one in my house, and one outside on my front porch. Since you can't HEAR these units when they are (supposedly) working, you can't tell if they are or not. This morning I went outside and lo and behold, there was a flying-type grasshopper sitting RIGHT ON the outside unit!

Black & Decker Pest Control Company Profile