Black & Decker Coffee Maker
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Black & Decker Coffee Maker

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 20, 2017

331 Black & Decker Coffee Maker Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

We bought a Black & Decker coffee maker approx. six months ago. For the past three months, we get coffee grounds in our coffee, outside the pot, on the coffee maker itself, and around and outside the filter in the filter basket. We have cleaned the pot several times, and make sure the filters are placed correctly. The grounds are never fill more than 1/3 of the filter.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

The Black & Decker Coffee Maker has a timer so that if I want to get my coffee ready before bed, it will automatically go off in the morning before I get up. I get out of bed and my coffee is already made and ready to go. The only thing I would improve is the time it take to make the coffee, it is very slow and takes about 10 minutes to make a half a pot of coffee, which sucks when I am in a hurry because I forgot to preset it the night before. Other than that, it is pretty cut and dry. The settings are easy and obvious and the thing it works for my family. It does what we need it to do which is make coffee.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Black & Decker coffee maker makes 12 cups in 5 minutes. It has interchangeable filters that can be cleaned in the dishwasher. I prefer this brand and model over previous brands. But to improve the coffee maker, I would include an inner water filter so that I do not have to use all of the filtered water in the PUR water filter we own. I prefer my coffee made with filtered water opposed to tap water. It just tastes fresher and more bold. My experience with the Black and Decker Model A coffee maker has been phenomenal! I love it! It is simple to use and even includes a timer so I can set the brew time the night before and wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

The Black & Decker Coffee Maker is very basic but very good. Should create something with more style or cache luxury something like this. For one to process more than one type of coffee or to leave it automatically from a previous night to be processed alone.

Original review: July 31, 2017

It has an automatic timer that you can set the night before and a shut-off timer in case you forget to turn it off. No drip, no mess and easy to clean. Makes great coffee. Stays good and hot. It is simple and has no complications. Easy to use features and very well made. Durable and the pot is big and thick. To me Black & Decker is the perfect coffee pot and would continue to buy another one if it ever goes out. Can't beat the price and quality of this coffee pot maker.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Black & Decker?

Original review: July 30, 2017

The Black & Decker Coffee Maker is attractive and black. We had two Cuisinarts before this and wanted a change. Black & Decker is much more reliable. The other had a metal carafe that would leak. The Black & Decker grinds the coffee from whole beans. It has a glass carafe and a permanent filter. However, the filter is difficult to clean. When we take the filter out the grinder is attached to the bottom. It has a solid bottom and I can't spray water through the bottom to clean out the grounds. Other than that, it is simple and makes fresh from beans coffee.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I like the Timer set Auto-brew feature, full-size coffee pot and single brew compartment with travel mug, and ability to control the strength of the brew of coffee. But I would like the ability to be able to use the single serve compartment and the full-size coffee pot at the same time. And make the size of the coffee maker more slender. But this coffee pot overall is hassle-free for busy adults like myself and exceeded my expectations. It is very simple to use and control the strength of the brew.

Original review: July 28, 2017

The Black & Decker Coffee Maker was on sale at the time we needed a coffee maker. It had an extra pot with it. And it was rated as a good coffee maker. It worked very well and it had a feature to adjust how strong you like your coffee. But I dislike using the filters on it. The timer was a little hard to work at first. It didn't match the rest of my kitchen but we made it fit in. It took up a lot of counter space. So I would like to find a smaller coffee maker. But it is simple. We use it every day. My husband drinks a lot of coffee so it makes 12 cups for him. For what I paid it meets my needs and does what it is suppose to do.

Original review: July 27, 2017

It is easy to use and timer is available. It is key to be able to set a timer to have things ready when needed and not be working about it when you first get up. It's already done and you wake up to one less thing to worry about. I would only improve that the Black & Decker Coffee Maker would load and prepare itself instead of me having to get it ready for the night before. And I would want single servings available. Other than that, I love my model and it meets all my needs. It has great value and beautiful design.

Original review: July 26, 2017

It's easy and simple to use and quick to make coffee. Love the features and price. Not too expensive and meets our needs and expectations but sometimes it takes longer than I like to wait to have coffee ready. Would like to cut down the wait time. Sometimes I have to wait in the morning before I leave. Overall it's really good for us. Highly, highly recommended and useful.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I like that it makes hot coffee (which was a problem with my last coffee maker). It is also easy to use, much better than my previous one. I also like the clock function, I can get a cup before it is finished brewing. But, coffee is sometimes too hot. Wish there was a way to prop up the top lid in order to air out the machine. The plastic that the body is made of seems to be fragile and I would like to see more color choices. I would also like to see a reusable filter that you could rinse off.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I received the Black & Decker coffee maker as a gift, and have definitely enjoyed having it. I like that I can quickly make a good cup of coffee and cleanup is easy and quick. I would just like there to be a timer on the coffee maker so I can set it the night before and have it ready when I wake up. I would also like to clean itself with a steam setting. But it's simple to use and reliable, so I don't have to worry about replacing it anytime soon. I also like that standard size pots fit, so replacing them is just as easy.

Original review: July 25, 2017

The Black & Decker Coffee Maker has where you can make coffee and then set the timer to automatically make the coffee in the morning before you get up. It has an alarm and a clock. I use it every single day. It's a great coffee pot. Everyone would like this coffee pot and it's great brand to have. I would recommend it to anyone I know, my family and friends. It meets my needs very well. It's also easy to use and very easy to clean. It's everything you would in a coffee pot. I absolutely love my coffee pot. It's the best I've ever owned.

Original review: July 25, 2017

My overall experience with this coffee maker is all positive. The features that I like about the brand Black and Decker are that they make very high quality coffee makers. Their products are very durable and perform at the top. I have always been satisfied with the Black and Decker brand. I like my Black and Decker coffee maker because it is very fast and makes the best coffee. It is very easy to set up as far as adding water to the reservoir and then adding coffee and hitting start. Plus you can customize how much coffee you want and even set a timer for it to turn on automatically. It is very nice. It makes great fresh brewed coffee.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Our Black & Decker Coffee Maker is cream colored so it matches our decor. It fits in the space we wanted. It's simple to use, put the filter in, put the coffee in, pour in the water and ba-boom. Coffee comes out. But it's very cheaply made and doesn't cost much. I seem to need a new one about every two years. I had a Bunn but my ex-husband kept it. Can't afford another Bunn so I buy the cheapest one. Black & Decker was made to be able to get coffee while it was brewing but that part broke. I wish it had an auto shut off. Whenever I leave the house I wonder if I forgot to shut it off.

Original review: July 24, 2017

My experience has been great with my coffee maker. It's fast, easy and I love that I can choose to make a medium or dark roast without purchasing a selection of coffees. I also love that my coffee is ready and made in the morning smelling great without any coffee grinds or pieces leftover. I can set my coffee to make at any time on the coffee maker's clock. I can also push the reheat button for cold coffee! However I'd like if it came with a steaming or cream foam option to make lattes, espressos or cappuccinos! That would make my day!

Original review: July 23, 2017

I purchased it to meet my needs so it's preferable for me. The coffee maker I had before this one was a bit of a problem and I wanted to avoid that. I absolutely chose right with this one. I like that it's simple and fast. If I'm in a hurry it gets the job done quickly. Its simplicity to do what I need it to do makes it even better. It's also very durable and easy to store. My experience has been great with it. I've recommended Black & Decker due to the performance and simplicity of it.

Original review: July 23, 2017

It is simple to clean and operate, makes good coffee, and has never caused me any problems in the two years I've had it. The ease of cleaning, the white appliance option, works well, has readily available replacement parts, grinds can be coarse fine or in between. Keeps coffee nicely hot, and has a great early pour option. The coffee maker itself can be a little bit sloppy with some minor dripping, and adding water can be difficult if we use the whole capacity of the water tank on the coffee pot. Coffee can discolor some parts of the appliance, but it can be cleaned easily enough. But these are very minor issues overall and I am actually pretty happy with this machine and would recommend it to friends or family if I was asked about coffee pots.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I like its ease of use. It only takes about 30 seconds to start a pot of coffee from scratch. Water fill is easy accessible and the basket slips in and out. No mess, the water goes straight to desired area and the filter and beans fit snug in basket without issues. I also like its durability. It does what I need it to do and it has lasted me over 5 years and does not clog. It has went up against hard water like a champ. However, there are not many turn off about my coffee makers and one feature I would like is self turn off. Also, I have a less expensive model but some days my husband will leave the pot on and there is no coffee in the pot which burns and makes it hard to clean and it smells bad. Other than that, the timer is easy to use and we use it every day.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I like the simple way to brew coffee with one button and the easy to pour carafe. I also like the compact design and color. This Black and Decker coffee maker is simply the best! Everything is great about this it. Even the color is wonderful! It far exceeds my expectations. I cannot think of any other coffee maker that would out-perform this one.

Original review: July 21, 2017

The coffee maker has a clock on it. It has 8 cups or four cups options. But the buttons are very close together and it is easy to switch it from 8 cups to 4 cups without knowing it. It also has a timer to set it to come on automatically. I do like the color and it is black. The coffee is very hot, and that is a good thing. When you open the lid if you're not careful you can get a steam burn. It does not meet my expectations because it does not make a full pot of coffee. Overall, the coffee maker does what it's supposed to do. It makes coffee. It is relatively easy to use and self-explanatory.

Original review: July 20, 2017

This is one of the easiest to use coffee makers I have ever had. It's easy to use and to program. I like the thermal carafe and the fact the coffee maker is fairly easy to keep clean. Also, it's got a basket for the filter, so filters are inexpensive. But I would have made the carafe have a larger opening so that it would be easier to clean. I also would have made the water containing part easier to clean but it makes very good coffee. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: July 20, 2017

It is simple to use. I like the fact that it is a twelve cup coffee maker instead of ten. I also like the fact that I can set it to make coffee with a timer. I also like that it is black, and matches the rest of my appliances. It meets and exceeds all my expectations from a coffee maker. Overall I have been satisfied with the Black & Decker coffee maker. I will purchase another Black & Decker coffee maker in the future.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Black and Decker is a top notch brand and I like it. It is very easy to use, as most are, but I love how quiet. It is a slow drip model which is ideal for my use. It is stylish as Black and Decker always is, ready to be used! It is a basic coffee maker but it has never given me a single issue and it over exceeds my needs. However it didn't have timer which I like for waking up in the morning to a pot already made. Also the clock didn't have a backlight, which made it a little bit harder to see at night time and early in the morning.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I like the ease of use. Makes coffee very quickly and you can pour a cup of coffee even if it's not done brewing and easy to clean. It does what I need it to do. It is very simple to use and it meets all of my expectations for this type of coffee maker.

Original review: July 18, 2017

All I want is a cup of hot coffee in the morning. Homeappliancesupport@spectrumbrands.com Black and Decker hides behind this address... is a bunch of **. They sent me 4 of what they call a coffee maker. All malfunctioning coffee makers... READ YOUR REVIEWS Black and Decker, you are robbing people of their money and time. Your coffee maker sucks! TAKE IT OFF THE MARKET YOU IDIOTS!

Original review: July 18, 2017

The coffee maker shuts off automatically after 2 hours so there is no need for me to shut it off myself or worry about it burning or wasting electricity. This helps with my electric bill. I really like this feature and it is why I purchased it. It was easy to set up the clock and timer and I like these features too. I also like that I can program it at night to brew in the morning and there is fresh brewed hot coffee ready for me. This is very convenient.

Original review: July 18, 2017

The machine does exactly what I need it to do and it is simple to use. I can program the coffeemaker to begin brewing at my preferred time, so that coffee is hot and ready when I want it. The heating element stays on for two hours which is plenty of time to finish a pot. It also takes standard coffee filters which can be purchased in many places.

Original review: July 17, 2017

It has 12 cups so I can refill as many times as I wish. It has easy fill lid in the back, easy to clean. It's compact and very simple to use. Just flip the switch and wait it out. It's basically a 3 step process, add filter and coffee, turn it on then fill up your cup! The single button makes it so simple my kid turns it on for me if I'm running late! I only wish there was a timer that would start my coffee at a certain time. The glass burns at the bottom if left on for more than 2 hours though. Also it's kind of large and clunky. I'd love it if it was smaller and came in different colors.

Original review: July 17, 2017

It's fairly simple and makes a run of the mill cup of coffee. Not the best but certainly not the worst either. It meets my needs but doesn't exceed them. I prefer coffee brewed in my French press and wish it made bolder coffee like that. But I love this coffee maker because it has a timer setting. I can set it to make coffee the night before and when I wake up in the morning bam there's coffee waiting for me.

Black & Decker expert review by Jonathan Trout

BLACK+DECKER makes a variety of home appliances for the kitchen. They make multiple models of drip coffee makers in different capacities, from two to 12 cups. BLACK+DECKER doesn’t sell their coffee makers on their website. You can type in your zip code on their website for the closest dealer.

• Personal coffee makers: BLACK+DECKER makes three models of single-serve coffee makers. They come in either black or stainless steel and all have an auto shutoff feature. One model comes with a stainless steel coffee mug designed to retain heat.

• SpaceMaker coffeemaker: BLACK+DECKER’s SpaceMaker coffeemaker is designed to mount underneath cabinets to free up counter space. They’re great for apartments and RVs and brew up to 12 cups of coffee. It comes with programmable scheduling, a removable water reservoir, auto shutoff and step-by-step mounting instructions. The SpaceMaker comes with a two-year limited warranty.

• Dual Brew Coffeemaker: BLACK+DECKER’s Dual Brew Coffeemaker lets you brew a single cup of coffee into a travel mug for the road or a full, 12-cup pot. The single-serve side is K-cup compatible. You can choose from six single serve options and two full-carafe options with one touch.

• Mill & Brew Coffeemaker: The Mill & Brew Coffeemaker comes with a built-in coffee bean grinder. You can program your desired brew strength, time settings and auto-brew features. It comes with a cleanable water filter that’s attached to the grinder, eliminating the need for paper filters.

• Thermal carafes: Some BLACK+DECKER coffee makers come with a thermal carafe. Thermal carafes are vacuum sealed so your pot of coffee stays hot until you’re ready to pour it.

• Best for: consumers wanting a variety of drip coffee makers.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout