Black & Decker Coffee Maker
2.16/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Black & Decker Coffee Maker

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

338 Black & Decker Coffee Maker Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 2, 2013

After 4 months, I tried to program it and the clock started running like a stopwatch. I un-plugged and re-plugged it and it started brewing without the start button being pressed or lit. Now you can't program it and it seems to only brew when the start button is off. I called customer service, no answer, so I left a message. I doubt if I hear from them. I am now looking for a new Coffeemaker that is not made in China, if there is one.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2013

About six (6) months ago, we bought a coffee pot (drip). About 2 weeks ago, it quit working. It is in the switch (not hard to figure out). As we like B&D products, we bought another. Now we're having trouble with this switch. It's two (2) weeks old and it doesn't come on at set time. I can press start button, and it will start then quit. To me, this is a fire hazard. What are you going to do about it?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2013

I filled the coffee pot with water and put the coffee grounds in it and then I hit the start button and the water was not coming out to make the coffee. I was very upset. We have only had the coffee pot for about 5 months. This is not the way a company should be. They should have tested the coffee pot for a longer period of time before they put it on the market for the consumer to waste their money on something that does not work like it should. This will be the last Black and Decker item that we will buy. I will also inform all my friends and family not to buy from this company anymore.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2012

I will no longer buy any B & D products. I am tired of having to replace them after only 3 weeks. My coffee pot no longer works.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2012

The coffee pot spills coffee every time I pour a cup. I have to put a new paper towel down every time I pour a cup. This is ridiculous. The coffee tastes great, but I don’t think it is worth the hassle of having to wipe up a mess every time I pour a cup.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Black & Decker?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2012

My last Black & Decker coffee maker made everything taste like chemicals. They sent me a new model, the Smart Brew Plus. The decanter has a plastic rim at the top. Liquid leaks and dribbles from under it and gets all over the place. I will never buy another Black & Decker product.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2012

Black & Decker 12-cup coffeemaker model CM1010B - Black & Decker let a 6-year-old design the carafe to this coffeemaker. For every cup of coffee you make, half of one is on the house!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2012

This Black & Decker CM 1609 coffeemaker will routinely overflow partially made coffee and grounds. It's happened at least 10 times and we are now very careful about filling and basket placement. Trying to make some coffee not rebuild a carburetor! There doesn't seem to be any obvious reason. The last thing you want in the morning is coffee and grounds all over your counter. I would not buy B&D again.

Original review: July 31, 2012

I have had my B&D coffeemaker for over a year and no problems until yesterday. I had made the coffee for the next day and pushed the set button so it would brew the next morning, just like I always do. My husband and I were watching TV and he heard a funny noise coming from the kitchen, so he went to investigate. The coffeemaker was crackling and smoking so he unplugged and I trashed it. I can't even imagine what would have happened if this had occurred after we had gone to bed or when we were not at home! I will never buy another B&D coffeemaker!

Original review: July 9, 2012

I love the idea of this under the counter coffeemaker, but it leaks when you set it on auto for the morning. You get up and there is water all over the counter. As time went on, it leaked more. This is my third Black & Decker coffeemaker. The store where I bought it replaced the first one for me. The second does the same. I would not recommend anyone to buy this machine. The clock turns off as soon as the coffee is done. I love the space-saver, but please, please do not buy this product.

Original review: June 30, 2012

When coffee is brewing, water leaks from the Spacemaker out from the side. I am very unhappy with the product. They recalled the carafe. Black & Decker needs to recall and replace the unit.

Original review: June 28, 2012

I dropped our Black and Decker coffee carafe at work and broke it, so I bought a replacement carafe at Wal-Mart, carefully making sure that it was the correct model for the kind of coffee maker we have. It cracked the first time I used it and I do not know why. It was sealed carefully in its box with bubble wrap so it wasn't damaged on the way home from the store or to work. I read the manual before using it to make sure that there were no special instructions. I feel ripped off and will probably return the carafe to the store tonight and request a replacement immediately, but if I buy a new one and it also cracks, we will have to buy a new coffee maker for our office and it won't be a Black and Decker.

Original review: June 27, 2012

Black and Decker Spacemaker coffeemaker model SDC740B - This coffeemaker has been leaking since the first day we used it. It doesn't leak from the carafe but from the unit itself. We have been putting up with this minor annoyance because we didn't want to go through the hassle of mailing the unit back since we purchased this online from Black and Decker. Now the carafe is being recalled for safety issues. We were instructed to mail back the carafe and wait for the replacement. I want the complete coffeemaker replaced. I have sent a request to Black and Decker to see if this could be done. This is the third Spacemaker coffeemaker we have had in the past 4 years. The first one just stopped working so we took it back to Kohl's and they replaced it. The second one did the same thing but Kohl's no longer carries the Spacemaker. (We now know why.) I thought Black and Decker was a good company. If B&D won't replace this thing, we won't be purchasing any more Black and Decker products ever.

Original review: June 17, 2012

The Black & Decker SDC750 Spacemaker coffeemaker lasted about five weeks before it died completely. I contacted Black & Decker and their parent company, ACP, replied. I was instructed to send a check for $7.50 and the electrical plug cut off the coffee maker. I complied and they promptly cashed my check. That has been well over a month ago and they have failed to stand behind their product, but didn't hesitate to take more of my money. They have not replaced their defective product and I am beginning to believe that I have been defrauded. Seven dollars and fifty cents isn't much money, but if they do that to enough people, it can add up. Do not buy Black & Decker!

Original review: May 30, 2012

The bottom fell out of the carafe, researched for new one, was told by many, it would be at least six weeks before they have a carafe; number is SDC 004 white. Why in the world would you sell something you cannot supply parts for? This coffeemaker is a year old.

Original review: May 6, 2012

I bought a single cup Black & Decker coffeemaker and it reeks of some plastic poison. I'm trying everything to get it out, but really, does the manufacturer have a right to make a product that is exuding a horrible chemical odor? Let the buyers be aware! It could actually be poisonous.

Original review: May 3, 2012

I had a B & D undercounter coffee maker for about 15 years. It finally gave up, and I purchased a spacemaker SDC740. Less than a year, it went out. I called B & D, and they replaced it if I sent the plug back. The replacement just went out 1 year and10 months later! I called and was told "Sorry, the warranty has expired." I will now go and buy a new coffee maker. And you can believe it will not be a Black and Decker. I am tired of these products that are totally undependable. After B & D yard blowers, drills, and coffee makers, it's time for me to find a dependable product. The new Black and Decker is a ripoff.

Original review: April 24, 2012

Black & Decker Brew 'N Go - I purchased the personal coffeemaker online through Kmart. The problem is with the quality of the product itself. Since January 1, 2012 (purchase) until now (April 24, 2012), small pieces have broken, the thermal mug fell apart and now the water plug will not allow hot water to filter through the coffee. The plastic pieces simply fall apart. Bottom line, it's a pile of junk.

Original review: April 22, 2012

Stupid me for buying a 12-cup Black & Decker coffeemaker. It turned out to be the most expensive cheap coffeemaker. I bought it for Christmas and here in April, not only do we have a plastic chemical smell/taste in the coffee, but the carafe has always dribbled as other complainants have stated. What's worse, the chemical and plastic taste/smell is stronger now. God only knows what carcinogenic chemicals we are leaching into our bodies. They probably made this in China from recycled computer plastic contaminated with heavy metals and other dangerous things. When will I learn that you always get what you pay for? Never again will I buy Black & Decker anything, ever! As others, I will tell every single person I know that brews coffee about Black & Decker and their super shoddy products. Paybacks B&D! Paybacks for stealing my money with your crap you passed off as quality, usable food preparation appliances.

Original review: April 16, 2012

Problem with the carafe: I love this coffee pot, but no matter what I do, when I pour water into the maker or pour a cup of coffee, it dribbles all over everything. How can this be prevented? I have checked the top cover to make sure it is on tight, but nothing helps. Can you help me resolve this problem? Thanks for an overall great product. I purchased this on 11/12/2011. I look forward to hearing form you. Thanks.

Original review: April 12, 2012

I bought a 12-cup coffee maker, and within 3 weeks, the heating plate stopped working. I purchased a second one and plan on returning the old one. If for some reason this one does the same, I will know longer use your products. My second complaint is my garden tools--two hand shovels that bent when I used them to dig a hole to plant flowers (The soil is sandy, not like clay).

Original review: April 11, 2012

Black & Decker coffee maker Model # M600W is completely unusable due to the water taking at least 45 minutes to drip down over the coffee. I checked for any blockage, but found none. I only used it about 5 times. It was bought because I live alone and have arthritis in my hands and the 12 cup model carafe is too heavy for me to pickup and pour.

Black & Decker coffee maker Model # DCM2160B which is the 12 cup's problem is all the paint peeled off of the covering on the heater plate. What the heck did the manufacturer use on the heater plate? Never had that happen before. Coffee still drips, clock still works, but the heater plate sucks. Oh, and it does drip like the rest of the complainers said! Both coffee makers are under a year old. What a waste of money. No more B and D coffee makers for me!

Original review: April 2, 2012

I replace coffee makers frequently for rental properties. The past 2 weeks, I have found the spring & gasket missing from the filter baskets. Sometimes the gasket breaks and the spring get loose from the filter basket. I found three missing springs and gaskets from (2) Mod. # CM1010B & (1) Mod # CM1050 B type 1 coffee makers (They were installed this winter when I performed inventory replacements for the rental properties). I expected these coffee makers to at least last for one rental season. However, they did not last more than 3 months! I do not have the original boxes (it is impossible to install small appliances in many properties and keep all the boxes). I would like to replace just the (3) filter baskets and not the whole coffer maker.

Original review: March 29, 2012

My Black & Decker Coffee Maker (12 cup) is about six months old and it just stopped working. It's my second one with similar ending. Never again. I'll also report it to the Consumer Products Safety Commission since the power stays on, presenting a fire hazard. I'll go with Mr. Coffee. It's dependable and proven as a good safe product.

Original review: March 11, 2012

I have been in CA since June 5/11, VA nursing travel. I am also in about 3 weeks going back to my home in Texas. My contracts are through. I bought this coffee maker (DCM2500B Coffeemaker) approximately on June 27, 2011. I rarely ever fill out warranty but will start at this time. It has been 8 1/3 months and the coffee made today as usual 3/11/12 and then it quit. The water pump and heating element does not work as of now, very short time for a 2 year warranty.

I am very disappointed that I have to go and buy another one. As of this time, I have thrown away the sales ticket. That's what really happens when you get China products, I have found more and more cheaply made. I think they pray to Buddha they will last the length of the warranty before breaking. I will, from this day forward find American made and stay away from Black and Decker.

Original review: March 2, 2012

After five months of using my 12-cup programmable B&D coffee maker (DE755B), the warming unit caved in on one side. This is a fire hazard as water or coffee spills into the base when filling it. This is my second B&D coffee maker. The first unit I bought had a faulty power light which stopped working after only three months. The coffee maker I had before, B&D lasted more than 18 years. I wish I hadn't replaced it.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2012

Two coffeemakers not working - We bought a Black & Decker coffeemaker BCM1410B on Feb. 14, 2012. It lasted two days, then no power. I took it back to the store where I bought it from. They replaced it. It lasted one day, then no power again. I called Black & Decker. It took about 20 minutes to get through. They said, "oh, just cut off the cord and we will replace it". I'm not sure if they will not catch on fire. Two in a row, now that's bad.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2012

This is a dangerous product. The on and off switch doesn't work properly and either won't start or won't shut off. It leaks water sometimes, sometimes not during brew cycle. It’s difficult to fill the reservoir without spilling, but is possible with great care and expenditure of time beyond what is reasonable for filling a coffee maker (carafe design). Generally it is poorly made and suggests that B&D products in general should be avoided. This is not the only B&D product that I have stopped using due to safety regards.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2012

I only had the coffee maker 2 months, I was pleased up until now. When you remove the coffee pot, the maker shuts off when you put the pot back. It shuts off again though perhaps it was some thing we were doing such as maybe jarring the machine as we handled the pot but we have paid special attention and even while handling the pot with kid gloves it shuts off and now this morning the indicator light does not come on and the clock went haywire The reason I'm contacting your company is after 2 months, I do not still have the receipt or I would have just taken it back to Walmart for an exchange your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2012

I love the idea of this under the counter coffee maker, but it leaks when you set it on auto for the morning. You get up, and the is water all over the counter. As time went on, it leaked more. This is my second Black & Decker coffee maker. The store where I bought it, replaced the first one for me. The second does the same. I would not recommend anyone, to buy this machine.

Black & Decker Coffee Maker Company Information