3.73/5
  • 1 star
Based on 11 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

12 BBQTek Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I like that it cooks the meat very fast yet gives it a nice smokey bbq flavor. I also like that it is easy to change the fuel and also the price of this grill was very affordable and well within our budget. But I don't like how the grill looks. It looks like a weird shaped ufo or a top hat. There is nothing attractive about it and I would not recommend to anyone who is wanting their yard to look nice. Nonetheless, my overall experience with this barbecue grill is excellent. It works really well.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

My family, friends and I love the BBQTek because it has multiple features. There is not a lot of smoke and meat is prepared quite easily. Usually, I use coal but I could use other things for lighting a fire as well. But sometimes there is less space and since it is large I would love it to be not as large or at least convenient so that it could fit anywhere since it is taking a lot of place on my deck. Other than that, I have been very satisfied with it. The food taste great. Barbecuing has been such a nice experience. It is a very good grill.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

BBQTek is a cool, trusted and popular brand. We bought it and used it before. It is an easy to use and very handy cooking tool. Everybody in my family like it. We are using it quite often and we have not seen any problem since bought last year. We just feel hard to clean it and sometimes it’s quite dirty for next use, so need my self-clean function. And it's easy to get rusty. May need time to clean. But I basically like it and may buy it again for a replacement in the coming holiday.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

BBQTek is well trusted and it is recommended by a lot of sites and every place else. It is easy and worth the money. It is a very durable piece of machinery. It does the job and it is quite the convenient grill. My overall experience would be a positive one because I'm allowed to make as much meat as I see fit. I want to make the most of the food that I would like to make.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

The BBQTek is a silver grill that has a gas stove on the side and a top rack to keep the food warm. It also has a thermometer to let me know what the temperature is and I like how new and shiny it is. All my friends envy me now except when my dog jumped on my leg and I thought I was gonna flip my burgers with my state of the art auto flipper. However, it's very big And heavy and the wheels broke. I also prefer charcoal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BBQTek?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I like it because it's way better than other ones! Meat with this will cook way more tender but it still stays juicy and moist! This grill also keeps way more heat than other grills what I had in past! Meat doesn't stick with this and even I can grill fish with this! I always highly recommend this brand to all my family members, co-workers and friends! I just love this brand! It's very easy to use and I can grill a lot of food on the same time! It's perfect to BBQ parties together with your friends and family!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

My BBQTek Grill has lots of great features. It has a smooth easy to clean cooking surface, along with extra burners and it is very easy to maintain. I enjoy using it. It is very nice and fun to use. I love to use it for family get-togethers and simple meals on summer days. BBQTek makes great grills. I enjoy all the features it has on it. I hope to continue using it for a long time.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

This BBQTek grill was very special. It is very easy to clean, handle and move. Heats up and cooks very fast. I use it every day when I get home from work. But I hate it because it is very easy to break and that it is very very expensive.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

BBQTek has been a good grill. I like grilling with it rather than propane. It burns charcoal. But it needs to be more durable to outside weather especially in the state of Ohio. And maybe make different style like modern day colors that are not typical and more waterproof. I leave mine on deck in yard.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2014

Read review(s) - looked good. Bought it! Put it together OK - no problems and used it for 6-8 months, all OK. Went to move it, forward wheels hit a piece of bark and it stopped cold. The entire top of the grill including the doors collapsed and all sorts of parts were bent. Straightened them up, reinforced some (many!) and now seems to be sorta OK. It is advertised as stainless steel. IT AIN'T!!!! Only the covers for the grill are SS. The rest is painted metal made to look like SS. Have had the grill 3-4 years and it has rusted out in many places. It requires CONSTANT maintenance to keep it functional. Have had to order replacement parts 2 times so far to the tune of about $150-$200 total for both times. A lot of the parts just plain rust out and have to be replaced. If you want a decent BBQ Grill, spend a couple of hundred more bucks and get one that REALLY IS!!!

Original review: May 1, 2014

I ordered replacement grilles and was sent the wrong parts. I called and as usual you must wait on hold for up to 45 minutes. I spoke to Christine and explained the problem and she indicated that she would take care of the problem. I explained why the parts were wrong and directed her to the page on their website which showed the parts and measurements. I told her, "Please do not send me the parts that were sent the first time." She indicated she knew what the problem was, sending the correct parts. I asked for shipping instructions so I could ship the wrong parts back. She told me to keep them. I understand as the parts looked like a kid had welded them together.

10 days later (Tuesday), I received the new parts which turned out to be the exact same wrong parts. I refused the parts and sent them back. I called and after speaking with Christine again, was put on with the supervisor (Sam **) who said I had to send the first set of parts back. He said he would send me the UPS shipping label that same afternoon. He also said that he could not return my money until they received the old parts. I asked to speak to another supervisor and he indicated that they had all had a meeting and then went home (2 pm their time on a Tuesday) but he would have one call me the next day. It is now Friday and after spending over an hour on the phone with Christina, I still have not received any shipping instructions nor have I received a phone call from a supervisor.

Original review: July 13, 2010

I received a BBQTek Grill, Model GSS3219A via UPS on June 23,2010. This grill was sent by an anonymous person which I assume is a secret friend. However, I opened the box it was packaged in and began to check to see if all the parts were inside and found some parts were missing to complete the assembly of this grill. I did connect to the internet and located BBQTek.com and searched for someone to contact and try to resolve the issue about missing parts, but all I could do was email and explain what parts were missing and needed to be replaced.

I did receive an email 2 days later stating that I should email order@bbqtek.com, I explained the problem about missing parts and listed the missing parts according to the instruction manual. After several email, I was told to register the grill on the BBQTek website, which I tried to do, but I could not register the grill because I could not locate the serial number on the grill's main body assembly. So I assumed the number was located on one of the missing parts, which is the right side frame. I kept in contact with emails and was finally told I needed to email or fax the proof of purchase before they could send the missing parts under the warranty coverage.

I cannot provide them with a proof of purchase because I do not know who sent this gift to my home address. I do know it was purchased from a WalMart Store because the labeling on the box gave a date of manufacture which was 05/02/2010, Item number 001614453, Dept number 00016 and a label also stated it was marketed by WalMart. I emailed BBQTek Parts in Canada and asked them if they would provide the missing parts, that I would pay the shipping and handling charges. Their response was the missing parts would cost $115.50 and the shipping charge would be $19.85.

I have tried to resolve this issue with BBQTek with patience, and offered to pay for the shipping charge, but they seem to care less about the consumer and their rights. I do not wish to cause any confusion between my shopping at WalMart and their supplier. However, I like for WalMart to help me with my issue, so that I can assemble this grill and begin cooking on it. The reason that I assumed this gift was sent anonymously is because it's my state service, as a State employee, to help stranded motorists traveling on our State highways. The only consequence is not being able to grill outdoors.

BBQTek Company Information