BBQTek

Compare Barbecue Grills

Research top Barbecue Grills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Read review(s) - looked good. Bought it! Put it together OK - no problems and used it for 6-8 months, all OK. Went to move it, forward wheels hit a piece of bark and it stopped cold. The entire top of the grill including the doors collapsed and all sorts of parts were bent. Straightened them up, reinforced some (many!) and now seems to be sorta OK. It is advertised as stainless steel. IT AIN'T!!!! Only the covers for the grill are SS. The rest is painted metal made to look like SS. Have had the grill 3-4 years and it has rusted out in many places. It requires CONSTANT maintenance to keep it functional. Have had to order replacement parts 2 times so far to the tune of about $150-$200 total for both times. A lot of the parts just plain rust out and have to be replaced. If you want a decent BBQ Grill, spend a couple of hundred more bucks and get one that REALLY IS!!!

I ordered replacement grilles and was sent the wrong parts. I called and as usual you must wait on hold for up to 45 minutes. I spoke to Christine and explained the problem and she indicated that she would take care of the problem. I explained why the parts were wrong and directed her to the page on their website which showed the parts and measurements. I told her, "Please do not send me the parts that were sent the first time." She indicated she knew what the problem was, sending the correct parts. I asked for shipping instructions so I could ship the wrong parts back. She told me to keep them. I understand as the parts looked like a kid had welded them together.

10 days later (Tuesday), I received the new parts which turned out to be the exact same wrong parts. I refused the parts and sent them back. I called and after speaking with Christine again, was put on with the supervisor (Sam **) who said I had to send the first set of parts back. He said he would send me the UPS shipping label that same afternoon. He also said that he could not return my money until they received the old parts. I asked to speak to another supervisor and he indicated that they had all had a meeting and then went home (2 pm their time on a Tuesday) but he would have one call me the next day. It is now Friday and after spending over an hour on the phone with Christina, I still have not received any shipping instructions nor have I received a phone call from a supervisor.

I received a BBQTek Grill, Model GSS3219A via UPS on June 23,2010. This grill was sent by an anonymous person which I assume is a secret friend. However, I opened the box it was packaged in and began to check to see if all the parts were inside and found some parts were missing to complete the assembly of this grill. I did connect to the internet and located BBQTek.com and searched for someone to contact and try to resolve the issue about missing parts, but all I could do was email and explain what parts were missing and needed to be replaced.

I did receive an email 2 days later stating that I should email order@bbqtek.com, I explained the problem about missing parts and listed the missing parts according to the instruction manual. After several email, I was told to register the grill on the BBQTek website, which I tried to do, but I could not register the grill because I could not locate the serial number on the grill's main body assembly. So I assumed the number was located on one of the missing parts, which is the right side frame. I kept in contact with emails and was finally told I needed to email or fax the proof of purchase before they could send the missing parts under the warranty coverage.

I cannot provide them with a proof of purchase because I do not know who sent this gift to my home address. I do know it was purchased from a WalMart Store because the labeling on the box gave a date of manufacture which was 05/02/2010, Item number 001614453, Dept number 00016 and a label also stated it was marketed by WalMart. I emailed BBQTek Parts in Canada and asked them if they would provide the missing parts, that I would pay the shipping and handling charges. Their response was the missing parts would cost $115.50 and the shipping charge would be $19.85.

I have tried to resolve this issue with BBQTek with patience, and offered to pay for the shipping charge, but they seem to care less about the consumer and their rights. I do not wish to cause any confusion between my shopping at WalMart and their supplier. However, I like for WalMart to help me with my issue, so that I can assemble this grill and begin cooking on it. The reason that I assumed this gift was sent anonymously is because it's my state service, as a State employee, to help stranded motorists traveling on our State highways. The only consequence is not being able to grill outdoors.

BBQTek Company Profile