4.9/5 (185 ratings)

About Boca Walk-in Tubs

Boca manufactures customized walk-in tubs that come in seven different sizes, two different colors and three different finishes. Tubs are frameless and have a step-in threshold of 2 inches or lower. Boca walk-in tubs are made in the U.S. and come with a lifetime warranty on all parts and components. The company has been building walk-in tubs for over 10 years and has installed over 5,000 tubs.

Pros

• Lifetime warranty
  • Made of high-quality fiberglass
  • Multiple tub sizes available
  • Frameless walk-in tubs

Cons

• Limited availability
  • Works through tub dealers

Bottom Line

Boca specializes in offering frameless walk-in tubs, with most models having a 2-inch step in. Boca’s walk-in tubs are custom-made and come with features like water- and hydro-therapy.

Top Boca Walk-in Tubs Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Bathing Safety's sales reps were very knowledgeable about the tub. The installers were great and very competent. My favorite feature of the tub has been the things that spurt out ...

Verified

Bathing Safety's tubs by BOCA have the features that I look for at less cost. I also had a good experience talking to their sales reps… Since the installation, my husband's dry, s...

What are Boca walk-in tubs?

Boca walk-in tubs are designed to help users age in place and bathe safely and comfortably. Boca manufactures its walk-in tubs in Georgia according to each customer’s preferences for size, color and finish. Boca walk-in tubs come in seven different sizes, two different colors and three different finishes.

Each tub is built with a marine-grade gelcoat/fiberglass material, has a step-in threshold of 2 inches or less and comes with numerous features, like a leakproof door and anti-scald technology.

Boca walk-in tub features

Boca walk-in tubs stand out because of their low step-in threshold, which is 2 inches or less. This feature is possible because of the tub’s frameless design, according to the company. Other safety features on Boca walk-in tubs include slip-resistant flooring and seating, grab bars, a locking door, an overflow drain and anti-scald technology.

Other standard features on Boca walk-in tubs include mold and mildew resistance, left- or right-hand entry, fast fill time, a head pillow and a seat cushion. Upgrades, like air jets, light therapy, aromatherapy, heated rests, a massage system, a sound system and a cleaning system, are available. All Boca walk-in tubs come with a lifetime warranty on all components and parts.

Boca walk-in tub costs

Boca does not display prices on its website. The price of a Boca walk-in tub depends on the level of customization. The starting price for a tub is about $7,000. If you choose a tub from Boca with lots of extra features or your home requires significant plumbing or electrical work to accommodate the tub’s installation, the price will likely be higher. Boca provides free quotes for walk-in tubs.

Boca walk-in tubs FAQ

Does Boca offer multiple walk-in tub sizes?
Yes, Boca makes walk-in tubs in multiple sizes. There are seven sizes available: petite narrow, petite short, standard, wide, deep soaker, two-seater and wide/deep.
Do Boca walk-in tubs have a warranty?
Yes, all Boca walk-in tubs have a lifetime warranty. This includes coverage on all parts and components.
Does Boca charge for installation?
Boca walk-in tubs partners with walk-in tub dealers to sell its tubs, so installation costs vary based on the dealer you work with.

Are Boca walk-in tubs good?

Boca walk-in tubs are a strong choice for safety, given their 2-inch step-in threshold and the long list of features to keep users from falling. They also come with a lifetime warranty on parts and components, which isn’t standard across the industry. The company gives customers many ways to customize a tub, including the choice of size, color and upgrades. This may, however, lead to longer build times and higher costs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boca Walk-in Tubs?

Original review: July 9, 2022

The representative that we talked to was very good explaining the product and it has a lifetime warranty. It matches all the other competitors quite well. The installation went very well. They did it in a day, which was very good. The installers have done a number of them so they’re very professional. When the product was installed, it looked like it was made to order precisely to fit in there. The quality of the tub is as good as any of the others. It's very sturdy and sound, and I have no concern with it. One of the things that made us lean towards them is the way that it's made, the construction in the US and the material that they use is very good. It has a thick gel coat on it and the finish on it is very nice. It was a very good experience with Boca.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I needed a walk-in tub for therapeutic purposes, and I had been recommended by my doctor two years ago to get one. I went online, did a search, and what I thought was the most important at the time was that it was American made. After I had done a little research, I was convinced that even though Boca Walk-in Tubs was in Georgia and there weren't any service departments around here, that they would be very responsive to any problems I might have. Since that time, when the tub was installed, I had a conversation with the installers and learned that they are very giving to the retired vet community. That made me feel good, since my husband was a retired Air Force colonel. I felt like I was giving my money to the right company. Also, the installers did the demo and the install within 24 hours, and I like the micro bubbles feature of the tub.

Boca Walk-in Tubs response

Thank you very much for the kind words. We pride ourselves on being American made and try to do our part to help wherever we can. While we are headquartered in Georgia, we have contacts with dealers and installers throughout the country and will always work hard to provide the fastest service possible to our customers, wherever they may be.

Original review: May 16, 2022

The salesman from Boca, Mike, was a very nice and personable young man but the tub was supposed to be put in before Thanksgiving and they had a problem that day. They had an installation with a disabled veteran. December rolled around and they said they couldn't find my tub. Then, they said my tub was in Philadelphia. It’s not that it's huge. Then they had shipping problems and I understand that.

Then, when they went to install the tub, we were told they had to remove a portion of the doorway to get into the bathroom and it turned out they had to take the doorway down to the frame to get into the bathroom. They couldn't get into it easily. Also, they were told they didn't have to remove the toilet and they had to remove the toilet. We also had some wall damage to the hallway wall and Mike said the company would give us reimbursement for that. Our painter gave them an estimate of $375 to fix it. We had to keep reminding Mike about it and we finally got the check last week after we called him several times. It was aggravating. It was one thing after another. The only saving grace is that I like the tub. Also, I had no problem with the installer. He was a wonderful and hardworking kid.

Original review: May 15, 2022

We loved the installer. He was a really nice man and we got to know about his life in service. Also, I'm glad I have the tub in my life. What I usually do in the mornings is just get in the walk-in, use the sprayer, wash my hair and my body and get out. I only do the full baths with the bubbles twice a month. It's very expensive here, but when I do it that way, it relaxes me. I have one issue though. When I get out of the tub, the tub is empty, but the bubble or the water comes on on its own. I have to try and turn it off, but sometimes I can't get it off, so I have to go around and hit the reset. It was weird, and it's happened several times since I've had it. Apart from that, I like all of the features of our Boca tub and we have been telling people about it. We have not had a bad experience with our tub, and we're very pleased.

Boca Walk-in Tubs response

It sounds like you may be hearing the purge system or ozonator activating following your bath. These are designed to dry and sterilized the air and water jet lines. If you are still concerned, please feel free to contact the Boca service department at 1-800-903-8095. If you call between 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. (Eastern time) on business days, you will be able to get live support over the phone from someone at our office in Woodstock, Ga.

Original review: May 14, 2022

When my Boca tub was first installed, I had some problems. One of the fittings wasn't tight and it flooded underneath the house. The installers were good people. I was just really surprised that that one fitting came loose. It was a man and his wife. They work really hard while they were here and he actually put in a water heater for me as well. I paid him separately for it, but my water heater was not big enough for the tub, so he had to put a new water heater in for me.

As far as the tub, it's kind of small but I do like that I have so much control over the water volume. I can turn the shower up and down as I need to. That's a lot easier than using a regular shower. It's good quality. I make sure that I get it wiped down all the time to make sure it stays clean. The installers just had to take quite a bit of my floor out. So, I had to get under the floor and put some more posts to hold my floor up. It was an inconvenience, but I guess it was needed or he wouldn't have taken out that much of the flooring. I have an older house, so I had regular boards.

Also, the seat is square and if you want to lay down far enough to get your shoulders under the water in the tub, that thing hits you right in the middle of your back. They need to round that thing off some. I can get down and get my shoulders underwater so the bubbles will get to me, but it is hard on the center of my back and it would be a lot easier if it cut off a little of the front of that thing and round it off better.

Original review: July 24, 2022

The installers were very good, knowledgeable and easy to get along with. They did a nice job. I got a jacuzzi and everything that Boca said it would do, it does. It has some other minor jets that work well with the feet and the calves of your legs. The soaking in the water is an excellent way to help your skin, especially women's skin. Most men don't care about it but it's an overall way of rejuvenating your body. I've only been in a tub once. I bought it for my wife and I've noticed the change in her.

Original review: July 17, 2022

We're very satisfied with Boca. Cloud 9 Tubs installed the walk-in and the rep was very informative. He also included everything in the tub whereas the other two companies I spoke with were very high-priced and they were not accommodating. The tub has been very helpful. I love it and my husband likes it as well. The price was fair. I would do it again if I moved and needed another one.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I love Boca's price. The installers were very nice and efficient. They did a great job taking the frames off of two doors and putting them back on. I had the blower go out on the tub and they came to replace it.

Boca Walk-in Tubs response

We are very glad that you are enjoying your tub. By sourcing our materials almost exclusively in the United States and assembling all tubs at our headquarters in Woodstock, Ga. we are able to ensure quality in every tub while minimizing production costs and keeping prices low for our customers. We also pride ourselves in finding dependable installers all around the country to provide service with minimal wait times.

Original review: May 18, 2022

I put in a Boca walk-in bath for my mother and then I put one in for myself. I got a little discount there. I made some referrals, but I've never heard of getting anything after. When the rep came to my mother's house first because she had the need for the tub, she was impressed and liked the idea. For my installation day, they also arrived on time. The quality of work looked pretty good. However, the tub part seems a little small. Sometimes, I feel a little closed in.

Original review: May 17, 2022

The tub is not what I thought it was. I'm kind of sitting where the whole top of me stays out and even if I fill it up to the top and put bubbles on, the water's like spurting out. I can't keep my whole body in unless I'm hanging off the seat. I don't like it at all and I would not recommend people to get it. I was recommended not to get one, but I thought it would be different.

Boca Walk-in Tubs response

We are sorry to hear that you aren't having the experience you had hoped for. All Boca tubs come with an ADA-standard seat that is 18 inches in height. We realize that - depending on the model of tub you purchased - that may not provide for as deep a soak as you had hoped for. While we are unable to adjust the height of your seat, perhaps we can help with your overflow/splashing issue. We can install splash guards that will help deflect water back into your tub. Please contact us if you would like to hear more about the splash guards and we will expedite our service to help you.

Boca Walk-in Tubs Company Information