Find a Basement Waterproofing partner

Help me decide

4.6/5 (133 ratings)
Find a Basement Waterproofing partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Basement Systems

Basement Systems specializes in "All Things Basementy". Providing solutions for waterproofing & refinishing, crawl space repair, basement finishing and foundation repair, Basement Systems is a leader in dry, below-grade space products whose network spreads across the United States, Canada and the UK. With the goal to provide a permanent solution, Basement Systems offers a competitive lifetime warranty that is transferable to the next owner of the home. Call or email them today for a free waterproofing quote!

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Basement Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Basement Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Basement Systems?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I had a flooded basement, so I got Connecticut Basement Systems to provide the sump pump with drainage around the perimeter. Their cost and quality are very good. Their technician has been fine and professional, too.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I had a leak in one of the basement foundation walls about three years ago. We got the services of Connecticut Basement Systems and we were happy with it. The price was reasonable and the work was done as stated. It has not leaked in the basement since then.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

I had water in my cellar and I put in a sump pump through Connecticut Basement Systems. Then I had them put in a drainage system on the exterior of my basement. They were very efficient and they rapidly respond to requests. They came in the morning, and when I asked the lead man when they were gonna get it done, he said they were gonna finish it that day. My cellar is much drier. I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

We live in a 115-year old house and the basement was wet all the time. Aside from Connecticut Basement Systems, I talked to at least one other company to get a quote but the guy that Basement Systems sent out to give me the estimate for the basement waterproofing was so professional. He explained how it would be done and why it would keep the basement dry. It's been amazing. Their installers were great too and they did the work quickly and very effectively. The basement is cleaner than it's been since and it's now dry even after we've had some torrential rains. The sump pump works great when there is moisture. We've been very pleased with it and should we ever decide to sell this house, that will be a big plus. Basement Systems showed professionalism and excellent quality. I have recommended them to other people.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

We live in an old house, and in all those years, we had a lot of problems with flooding and we had another company who did some assessment a couple years before. They did some outside excavation work and put in a wall under the ground and an additional grain to the tune of $5,000 that ended up being down the toilet because it didn’t really do anything. So we began to research again and read up and Consumer Reports, articles, and decided that we needed a different system and perimeter drains. We started calling plumbers who supposedly did that kind of work and they weren’t what we wanted. Then we began talking to and meeting with Connecticut Basement Systems. They weren’t the cheapest but we felt that the references, the person that we met with, the information that they gave, and the research that we had done were probably the company that we wanted to go with in terms of experience with this type of house.

We had the perimeter drains installed and then they put up some kind of product all around the walls as well. They also changed the drain, dug around the perimeter and then they put in a sump pump. Everybody was great and everything worked out well. We’ve had them here at least once for routine check and maintenance. Now we had no flooding. It’s great and it’s perfectly outside where it’s supposed to. They were very professional and we didn’t see them as high-pressure. The only piece that I haven’t liked but I understand it as a business person is that they’re calling us very frequently for the so-called routine maintenance and our research indicates we don’t have to do it quite as often as they call. But we would definitely recommend them and we were satisfied. It was excellent and on task. They did what they said they were gonna do and it worked.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

We used to have water going, mold problems and smell across our basement several years ago. We had spring water going across the floor and we couldn’t stop it. I was doing laundry and I had to put Styrofoam on top of the water just to go and do my laundry. It was that bad. We had been so fed up with the water situation and the fire department coming here. We got a flyer in the mail from Connecticut Basement Systems and a coupon that said so much off which got our attention. We heard reviews about other people and we decided to go for it because we had no choice so we had the entire floor in our basement done.

They even did two pumps instead of one because my husband had designed a pump that he showed them so that water wouldn’t be running in and running the pump all day. It would fill the first pump and then run into a second pump but it never would reach the second pump. So it worked out great. They replaced everything and we paid for two pumps. We even had a cable going across the floor from the tank. And while the floor was getting done, we had that done, too. We couldn’t believe how are they'd stop water in this old house from the 30’s but they did. It really was the most excellent job. Their reps were really good. At first, they were a little stubborn and didn’t want to accept my husband’s idea, but they were paid for and it was done and we never ever heard the pump run. It’s amazing. It just flows out.

We have absolutely no mold anymore and no water on the floor. We are just amazed. I could put boots down there and not have them go moldy. We even have a stock shelf down there with groceries on it now. We never could do that before. They taught us to keep the windows closed and not to open them in the summer to let humidity in. For 30+ years, we opened the windows and let all the humidity in. So after we got this whole thing installed, we never opened them again and we used a dehumidifier all summer. They did a great job. They cleaned up and we never ever got a drip of water since they did it. Our most difficult thing was to come up with the money to pay for it but we did. We had to because it was a health situation. It was amazing that it worked. We’ve always had issues with everything else with this old house and this was the first time something really worked.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I love Connecticut Basement Systems. They were the best. They did everything they said they were going to do on time and at the cost that they said. Also, they were clean. I would hire them if I had a problem again. In fact, they’re one of the few contractors around that I brag about.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I bought a new house and wanted to dehumidify the basement. I got the dehumidifier from Connecticut Basement Systems and I had them install it. They recommended several options for the installation and I said yes to what I preferred. The dehumidifier made the basement more usable because we saw molds before and we were worried about it but we eliminated it. The reps were professional, courteous and got the job done. Overall it was good service and a good product.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Connecticut Basement Systems installed a product in the crawl space for prevention against molds and they did a great job installing it. They had very good people who are knowledgeable and pleasant. On an annual basis or if there are concerns, we call them. Recently, we were getting a very small amount of water in the crawl space, so we needed them to come and review that. They did something but there wasn't anything broken. Connecticut Basement really provides exceptional service and product. They're always respectful and give me proper information. When I call customer service, they're very responsive. They're a good group of people who deliver what they say they're going to do.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

When I want a project done for the house, I usually get several people out. It's not necessarily just about the price for me. It's about knowledge and how they're treating the customer and professionalism. With Connecticut Basement Systems, I was blown away and very impressed. They did waterproofing with the triple sump system for me 5 years ago. The installation team was great and everything from start to finish was just absolutely remarkable. I referred them to other people as well.

Basement Systems Company Information