toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

When I want a project done for the house, I usually get several people out. It's not necessarily just about the price for me. It's about knowledge and how they're treating the customer and professionalism. With Connecticut Basement Systems, I was blown away and very impressed. They did waterproofing with the triple sump system for me 5 years ago. The installation team was great and everything from start to finish was just absolutely remarkable. I referred them to other people as well.

I had Connecticut Basement Systems do a basement waterproofing for me and the installation team was perfectly fine. They came when they said they would and did what they said they were going to do. There's been a couple of annual kind of maintenance deal that is part of it. The only issue I had with them was that they had a lot of sales going on which kind of push me to do more things.

I needed to get sump pumps put in my basement, and the salesman that I dealt with was very nice. Basement Systems' quality and cost were very good. I ended up putting two pumps in my house. There is no humidity in the basement and the pumps take care of any kind of water as it rains. Their yearly check on the system is fine. Overall they did a good job. I'd recommend them.

I had water in the basement. Five years ago, Connecticut Basement Systems put in a sump pump, dehumidifier, and a grid. The installers were good, and there's no more water in the basement. However, the salesman oversold us on the package, which was a little unnecessary. I've had to replace a pump already, which sucks, but other than that, all is good.

I had water in my basement and we had it waterproofed by Connecticut Basement Systems. They came, gave me a price, and it was within the budget. One time we got water, they came out right away and fix that. There was something else that needed to be done and they fixed it too and no problem since. That's been three years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Basement Systems?

We got five quotes before we decided on Connecticut Basements. We needed service after hurricane Irene, and we liked their price, quality, and timeline of project completion. We purchased the floor, the walls, and everything else that came with it. The crew was on time, accurate, and courteous. The team that we worked with on site, the installers, the people who did follow-up, and the office were absolutely perfect.

I had flooding in my basement at one point, and my neighbor was using Connecticut. So, they dug up and put a drain at a pump in my basement to pump out any water that might come in. I've been pleased with their installation team. They were fine, did their job, cleaned up and left. Plus, they usually come, and check the system once a year. Everything seems to be good, I would recommend Connecticut Basement Systems.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Oct. 7, 2016

I was contacted by the company and we were able to work out a resolution to my problem. I am satisfied with how the issue was handled and would now recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

Had Ohio Basement Systems come in and install new battery backup sump pump. They ran a new discharge line to outside of house. They just used a green 10' above ground pipe and left it. I was under the impression the discharge line would be buried and run away from the house to back of property. Not happy! I am investigating other companies to come out and perform the work that should have been done in the first place.

We needed to dehumidify the basement and we bought the SaniDry Dehumidifier from Basement Systems. They were Connecticut-based and were located really close to us so that was a big selling point. I like the product and the guy that installed and serviced it. What I didn’t like was when I had a problem four weeks ago, they came out to service the unit and found there’s something wrong with it. The tech took it with him back to Connecticut Basement Systems. He said we were going to get it back within a week but it took three weeks.

I called in a week and they told me they didn’t have information. I called several days later and still had no information. While there were no problems, everything was great. But the minute there was a problem, it took forever. And they were not very good with information, as to what was wrong with it, when it would be fixed, and I was very surprised with that. We just got it repaired and put back in today so hopefully, everything’s going to be working fine without any issues. The guy that came to reinstall was a wonderful and great technician. He explained everything. I’m happy with the unit but not with the process on how long the repair took and how long just to get information.

We were having some water come in through the back door so we wanted to get a sump pump. We saw the advertisement for Connecticut Basement Systems and decided on them. Since they installed it, the basement has been nice and dry. Also, we have a crawlspace under our kitchen and they put a cover on it. Everybody was wonderful and helpful and the men that they've sent out have been excellent.

I got a tour of Connecticut Basement Systems' facilities as part of a program I was in and I was impressed with their operations. I also happened to know the owner, Larry, as we've done some business in the community together. So when I needed some work done on a sump pump in my basement, they were the first people I went to. Everything was top-notch and amazing with their service team. I got a double sump pump backup system that was put into my apartment. They completely replaced the one that was there and put in a beautiful system that was fantastic.

It's a couple of years ago now since that was done and it has been working beautifully. Each year I get a phone call and they come in and they check it. I like that they do that and that's the biggest thing for me. I always find their people to be very nice. They're willing to take their shoes off in the apartment and they're willing to work with me. I've always had great experiences with them. I would definitely recommend them.

My basement was leaking so I had Connecticut Basement Systems waterproof it. I liked their price and what they offered more than other brands. The installation was as clean as it could be. Now, the basement doesn’t leak anymore and the water goes to where it's supposed to go.

I had a continuous, ongoing basement problem with water coming in and leaking from the crawlspace. I went with Connecticut Basement Systems and they did a crawlspace repair which was done well. I had no more water leaking after the work was completed. The installation team was excellent. I recommend the company all the time, and I'm very pleased with their price and quality of their work.

Connecticut Basement Systems is fantastic. I considered other companies but after reading reviews online, it seems like they're innovators in their field. And I like their system setup so that's why I went with them. They did the installation three and a half years ago and I haven't had a problem with the system. They did a perimeter triple-seal pump system. My house is like in a pool. So they had to do some extensive work in the foundation and put a perimeter drain and the three-pump system. They did the work in a day’s period of time, which was happy and surprising at the same time. Everything has been fantastic. I haven't had any water in the basement and it's useable.

I've used Basement Systems several times over the last few years and I'm very, very pleased with their services. They're very prompt and courteous. They come when they say they're going to come, and they do an excellent job. They leave everything in really better shape in terms of cleaning up what any messes that have been made, but sometimes they even clean things that they haven't made. They're very reliable, they do what they say they're going to do. I've been satisfied with Connecticut Basement and I have not used anyone else. And I have recommended them to other people.

I had water leaking and a wet basement. I got three estimates for the work and the cost of Connecticut Basement Systems was in the middle so I got them to do the work. They said, "It looks like this would take care of it." One other company that came in at the same price had said, "It looks like you have water here at another spot," and that I needed more expensive work to be done, and I thought that their estimate was overkill. But in fact, that other company was right and that's exactly what I needed to do.

Basement Water Systems was wrong in their initial estimate and wanted another $1,000 or $2,000 to do the additional work. I've regretted selecting them. The installation team was professional, clean, and very hardworking, and what they did works fine. Unfortunately when it's very wet, which we haven't been for two summers now, I have water entering in two areas now. They took care of one area, but I still have water coming in at another area.

I’m a home builder and I’ve used Basement Systems five times. I’ve used more than a few companies and Basement Systems is absolutely the best. They are service oriented and explain what goes on. They are five-star rated in my book. When they do a job, they do it right. If there are issues, they come back. They’re clean, fast, and they guarantee their work. They know what they’re doing - that’s the best of all.

I had a bad basement mildew problem. We had a couple of other people come and look, but Connecticut Basement Systems were more thorough with their questioning and what they were about. Their price wasn't more than the others considering the amount of work that they had to do to fix it. It wasn't cheap, but it was reasonable. They dried the entire basement with the sump pump, dehumidifier, and a trough that they cut around the perimeter of the basement. We had them so some finishing too.

I spoke to Vin, who was really knowledgeable about everything that was done. We had to do it in stages and he helped us out as they did some financing for us. Most of the crew who came out were professional. They knew what they were here for and did their job. I would recommend them to my friends because they were fair, thorough, and had everything. They did the whole deal - from tearing the basement up, the walls, the ceilings and floor, to fixing it back up.

Our garage had standing water anytime it rained hard from the hill behind us. Connecticut Basement Systems came in and solved the problem. They did waterproofing in the garage. They built up the trench around there and put a sump pump in. We also got a basement that was damp, and we brought them back and they redid the whole basement. They did waterproofing, they put in a new patented flooring and they did the chair rail half wall all the way around.

Their installation team was great. They said it would be done in a week and they did it. They did two days to tear up the basement, took a day off and then two days to repair. The garage was done in one day. They were very professional and what they did worked. My garage and the basement are nice and dry now. It was an excellent experience from start to finish. They come back every year to service the sump pump system, and it’s very good, very complete.

About 10 years ago I had a leak so I purchased waterproofing service from Basement Systems. Then I had a recall about three years ago as we had an additional leak and they fixed the problem. Their installation team did what they were supposed to do.

We had two waterproofing services from Connecticut Basement Systems: one was in our main basement and the other one more recently in another basement. A pump and a moisture trap system were put in. Their installation team took a while to get it going because they were busy, but once they got going, they were good, reliable, timely and efficient.

I would go to Connecticut Basement Systems first because they did such a good job and they seemed to have all the equipment and the training. I'm very pleased with them. The installation team were fine. It was a hard job. I had two different episodes. One, they basically demolished the old porch and built a new porch out of concrete, and this one had been damaged due to the settling. The second was on the interior of the basement. They installed reinforcement beams for a broken wall that was crooked so that it would remain rigid and would not cave in. In both cases, there were serious problems and they have been rectified. I highly recommend them, whether it's a leaky basement or foundation settling problems. They install basement finishing systems, water collection systems and dampness preventive systems so they have a whole gamut of things. They do the radon test and they can install a radon system.

The corner of my cottage sunk after hurricane Sandy and it had to be raised about 3 inches. I tried a couple of other companies, but they couldn’t do what I needed them to do. Basement Systems came in and put the heap of coal pilings in to raise it back up and level it. It's been fine ever since. They met my expectations and delivered what they said they would do.

After I found Basement Systems, I didn't shop that much. They seemed to be the leader in this field. I used them extensively in two houses and I found them to be great. I did a sump pump setting in one house and a full basement installation in the other house. The installation team was great and finished on time. It was exactly what they quoted. I would recommend Basement Systems. They serviced the houses properly and everything worked great. All problem-free. It was a very positive experience.

I needed to redo my basement and purchased the service from Connecticut Basement Systems three years ago since they seemed professional. The product was great, but I had a bad experience with the installation. The first team of installers that came did a really poor job. The person came back, saw what they had done, and basically brought in a new team to redo the job and they fixed everything. We didn't have access to our basement before, but it can be used now. The product was great but the installation was poor.

There was water in our basement. Connecticut Basement Systems gave us a price and ended up with their complete basement sump system. The guy from the installation team was courteous and knowledgeable. There’s no water in the basement after their service. It’s a company we trust and an item we can’t do without. It's a very recommended product for sure.

ITG stands for "I'm The Guy." Well, IT IS NOT THE GUY! The first night of free estimate Ron ** and his assistant arrived 45 minutes late for the appointment. I decided to schedule the repair for Monday upon choosing to go with the company to have a steel beam installed. I was told they were working on Memorial day, only to have them reschedule the project for a later date on a Friday. I had to be home per phone conversation so I requested a day off of work. On the day of install, 3 country boys driving a pick up show up. They were unprepared and unsure of the job at my location. Therefore, I lost a days wage and 2 months time dealing with this company. I would not recommend this company to anybody. Avoid them at all costs. There are other contracting companies out there that can provide a much better service. Keep searching for something better and you will find the right guy for your job.

I've used Basement Systems previously with other companies and I've always had a good experience. We're a property management company in Connecticut and they're one of the biggest ones around, very reputable, and come highly recommended. They had to come back for one basement wall two years later because it still had a leak and it was coming down. They came back, did it for nothing, and fixed it again because it was under warranty. It was great. I stood there and watched the whole thing since I'm the property manager for that particular property and I had to be there. Their crew was wonderful. I love them. I had a fabulous experience and I recommend them.

I had a couple of cracks in the foundation and when it rained hard, I get water in the cellar. I called a couple of places and Basement Systems had the best deal - that’s why I then went with them. There was only one guy that came. He sealed the cracks because the water table was pretty high and didn't have to put something underneath the floor to absorb the water. He was very friendly and I’m very satisfied with the job. I have a dry cellar since then.

I first heard about Connecticut Basement Systems from Bill, my general contractor. I’m using one of the plastic floors that he subcontracted out. The problem was that the laminated floor went down in January. It began to bubble up underneath our kitchen in May or June. My wife and I became mad as hornets. We thought that maybe the contractor installed the floor wrong. Bill kept saying to us, “Nope. The contractor’s not the problem. Your basement is too damp. And you need to contact Connecticut Basement Systems. I have several other clients and customers in Sharon who have used them and they’ve been great for their basements.”

Sharon is a great town for wet basements because it’s a mountainous town and the rocky ledge is always about two feet down, so there’s always a lot of ground water. Our basement used to flood every spring since this house was built at the bottom of a hill. All the ground water would come and when it did, that would be through the area underneath the kitchen, ‘cause that’s on the uphill part of the house.

The first thing we got from Connecticut Basement Systems was the air filter and dehumidifier. It was something that their company had invented and patented. That was installed. The second thing was enclosing the dirt crawlspace which was underneath our kitchen. They came, dug channels, and carried the ground water down to a central pool. They took that water to a sump pump, pumped it outside, and then installed a triple battery back-up system and a rubber liner for the dirt crawlspace area. Their installers were knowledgeable and they cleaned up after themselves.

A few years ago we installed a system of French drains underground around the house to carry the ground water away. That helped a lot. But the other thing that really finally eased the problem was installing the sump pump system, which Connecticut Basement Systems did. That is underneath the rubberized liner. Prior to installing the sump pump, all I had was a sump basin, which was a square hole. Theoretically, the ground water would go into that square hole and then seep out to the street. But that's only in theory. With the work done by the company, we don’t get flooding in our basement anymore. It is really nice to have a dry basement.

This was three or four years ago. The humidity in July was about 90%. After the liner had been installed, the humidity in the basement dropped to 50%. The visible mold in the basement went away. The other thing that was really remarkable was that once we lined the basement and put in that dehumidifier and air filter thing, our younger daughter has been able to come here and have no symptoms of her allergies. Both our daughters suffered very badly from allergies, especially our younger daughter. As soon as she came home before, her nose blew up like a balloon and she could not breathe. What Connecticut Basement Systems did made a dramatic difference. It was an excellent experience. We are very happy customers. As a result of that good experience, I decided to go ahead and contracted them once again. We used the Dr. Energy Saver aspect of their company to insulate our attic which was also been a successful project.

Basement Systems Company Profile