toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We had a crack in our basement five years ago and we had somebody else give us an estimate but we went with Basement Systems. The technician was thorough and offered some suggestions. There were some other works I was thinking about doing and he gave me estimates within a couple of days. I did the crack in the basement wall and Basement Systems put a French drain in around the basement on that side of the house and then we ultimately did sump pump with them. I have recommended them to other people.

I had a flooded basement, so I got Connecticut Basement Systems to provide the sump pump with drainage around the perimeter. Their cost and quality are very good. Their technician has been fine and professional, too.

I had a leak in one of the basement foundation walls about three years ago. We got the services of Connecticut Basement Systems and we were happy with it. The price was reasonable and the work was done as stated. It has not leaked in the basement since then.

I had water in my cellar and I put in a sump pump through Connecticut Basement Systems. Then I had them put in a drainage system on the exterior of my basement. They were very efficient and they rapidly respond to requests. They came in the morning, and when I asked the lead man when they were gonna get it done, he said they were gonna finish it that day. My cellar is much drier. I would recommend them.

We live in a 115-year old house and the basement was wet all the time. Aside from Connecticut Basement Systems, I talked to at least one other company to get a quote but the guy that Basement Systems sent out to give me the estimate for the basement waterproofing was so professional. He explained how it would be done and why it would keep the basement dry. It's been amazing. Their installers were great too and they did the work quickly and very effectively. The basement is cleaner than it's been since and it's now dry even after we've had some torrential rains. The sump pump works great when there is moisture. We've been very pleased with it and should we ever decide to sell this house, that will be a big plus. Basement Systems showed professionalism and excellent quality. I have recommended them to other people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Basement Systems?

We live in an old house, and in all those years, we had a lot of problems with flooding and we had another company who did some assessment a couple years before. They did some outside excavation work and put in a wall under the ground and an additional grain to the tune of $5,000 that ended up being down the toilet because it didn’t really do anything. So we began to research again and read up and Consumer Reports, articles, and decided that we needed a different system and perimeter drains. We started calling plumbers who supposedly did that kind of work and they weren’t what we wanted. Then we began talking to and meeting with Connecticut Basement Systems. They weren’t the cheapest but we felt that the references, the person that we met with, the information that they gave, and the research that we had done were probably the company that we wanted to go with in terms of experience with this type of house.

We had the perimeter drains installed and then they put up some kind of product all around the walls as well. They also changed the drain, dug around the perimeter and then they put in a sump pump. Everybody was great and everything worked out well. We’ve had them here at least once for routine check and maintenance. Now we had no flooding. It’s great and it’s perfectly outside where it’s supposed to. They were very professional and we didn’t see them as high-pressure. The only piece that I haven’t liked but I understand it as a business person is that they’re calling us very frequently for the so-called routine maintenance and our research indicates we don’t have to do it quite as often as they call. But we would definitely recommend them and we were satisfied. It was excellent and on task. They did what they said they were gonna do and it worked.

We used to have water going, mold problems and smell across our basement several years ago. We had spring water going across the floor and we couldn’t stop it. I was doing laundry and I had to put Styrofoam on top of the water just to go and do my laundry. It was that bad. We had been so fed up with the water situation and the fire department coming here. We got a flyer in the mail from Connecticut Basement Systems and a coupon that said so much off which got our attention. We heard reviews about other people and we decided to go for it because we had no choice so we had the entire floor in our basement done.

They even did two pumps instead of one because my husband had designed a pump that he showed them so that water wouldn’t be running in and running the pump all day. It would fill the first pump and then run into a second pump but it never would reach the second pump. So it worked out great. They replaced everything and we paid for two pumps. We even had a cable going across the floor from the tank. And while the floor was getting done, we had that done, too. We couldn’t believe how are they'd stop water in this old house from the 30’s but they did. It really was the most excellent job. Their reps were really good. At first, they were a little stubborn and didn’t want to accept my husband’s idea, but they were paid for and it was done and we never ever heard the pump run. It’s amazing. It just flows out.

We have absolutely no mold anymore and no water on the floor. We are just amazed. I could put boots down there and not have them go moldy. We even have a stock shelf down there with groceries on it now. We never could do that before. They taught us to keep the windows closed and not to open them in the summer to let humidity in. For 30+ years, we opened the windows and let all the humidity in. So after we got this whole thing installed, we never opened them again and we used a dehumidifier all summer. They did a great job. They cleaned up and we never ever got a drip of water since they did it. Our most difficult thing was to come up with the money to pay for it but we did. We had to because it was a health situation. It was amazing that it worked. We’ve always had issues with everything else with this old house and this was the first time something really worked.

I love Connecticut Basement Systems. They were the best. They did everything they said they were going to do on time and at the cost that they said. Also, they were clean. I would hire them if I had a problem again. In fact, they’re one of the few contractors around that I brag about.

I bought a new house and wanted to dehumidify the basement. I got the dehumidifier from Connecticut Basement Systems and I had them install it. They recommended several options for the installation and I said yes to what I preferred. The dehumidifier made the basement more usable because we saw molds before and we were worried about it but we eliminated it. The reps were professional, courteous and got the job done. Overall it was good service and a good product.

Connecticut Basement Systems installed a product in the crawl space for prevention against molds and they did a great job installing it. They had very good people who are knowledgeable and pleasant. On an annual basis or if there are concerns, we call them. Recently, we were getting a very small amount of water in the crawl space, so we needed them to come and review that. They did something but there wasn't anything broken. Connecticut Basement really provides exceptional service and product. They're always respectful and give me proper information. When I call customer service, they're very responsive. They're a good group of people who deliver what they say they're going to do.

When I want a project done for the house, I usually get several people out. It's not necessarily just about the price for me. It's about knowledge and how they're treating the customer and professionalism. With Connecticut Basement Systems, I was blown away and very impressed. They did waterproofing with the triple sump system for me 5 years ago. The installation team was great and everything from start to finish was just absolutely remarkable. I referred them to other people as well.

I had Connecticut Basement Systems do a basement waterproofing for me and the installation team was perfectly fine. They came when they said they would and did what they said they were going to do. There's been a couple of annual kind of maintenance deal that is part of it. The only issue I had with them was that they had a lot of sales going on which kind of push me to do more things.

I needed to get sump pumps put in my basement, and the salesman that I dealt with was very nice. Basement Systems' quality and cost were very good. I ended up putting two pumps in my house. There is no humidity in the basement and the pumps take care of any kind of water as it rains. Their yearly check on the system is fine. Overall they did a good job. I'd recommend them.

I had water in the basement. Five years ago, Connecticut Basement Systems put in a sump pump, dehumidifier, and a grid. The installers were good, and there's no more water in the basement. However, the salesman oversold us on the package, which was a little unnecessary. I've had to replace a pump already, which sucks, but other than that, all is good.

I had water in my basement and we had it waterproofed by Connecticut Basement Systems. They came, gave me a price, and it was within the budget. One time we got water, they came out right away and fix that. There was something else that needed to be done and they fixed it too and no problem since. That's been three years.

We got five quotes before we decided on Connecticut Basements. We needed service after hurricane Irene, and we liked their price, quality, and timeline of project completion. We purchased the floor, the walls, and everything else that came with it. The crew was on time, accurate, and courteous. The team that we worked with on site, the installers, the people who did follow-up, and the office were absolutely perfect.

I had flooding in my basement at one point, and my neighbor was using Connecticut. So, they dug up and put a drain at a pump in my basement to pump out any water that might come in. I've been pleased with their installation team. They were fine, did their job, cleaned up and left. Plus, they usually come, and check the system once a year. Everything seems to be good, I would recommend Connecticut Basement Systems.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Oct. 7, 2016

I was contacted by the company and we were able to work out a resolution to my problem. I am satisfied with how the issue was handled and would now recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

Had Ohio Basement Systems come in and install new battery backup sump pump. They ran a new discharge line to outside of house. They just used a green 10' above ground pipe and left it. I was under the impression the discharge line would be buried and run away from the house to back of property. Not happy! I am investigating other companies to come out and perform the work that should have been done in the first place.

We needed to dehumidify the basement and we bought the SaniDry Dehumidifier from Basement Systems. They were Connecticut-based and were located really close to us so that was a big selling point. I like the product and the guy that installed and serviced it. What I didn’t like was when I had a problem four weeks ago, they came out to service the unit and found there’s something wrong with it. The tech took it with him back to Connecticut Basement Systems. He said we were going to get it back within a week but it took three weeks.

I called in a week and they told me they didn’t have information. I called several days later and still had no information. While there were no problems, everything was great. But the minute there was a problem, it took forever. And they were not very good with information, as to what was wrong with it, when it would be fixed, and I was very surprised with that. We just got it repaired and put back in today so hopefully, everything’s going to be working fine without any issues. The guy that came to reinstall was a wonderful and great technician. He explained everything. I’m happy with the unit but not with the process on how long the repair took and how long just to get information.

We were having some water come in through the back door so we wanted to get a sump pump. We saw the advertisement for Connecticut Basement Systems and decided on them. Since they installed it, the basement has been nice and dry. Also, we have a crawlspace under our kitchen and they put a cover on it. Everybody was wonderful and helpful and the men that they've sent out have been excellent.

I got a tour of Connecticut Basement Systems' facilities as part of a program I was in and I was impressed with their operations. I also happened to know the owner, Larry, as we've done some business in the community together. So when I needed some work done on a sump pump in my basement, they were the first people I went to. Everything was top-notch and amazing with their service team. I got a double sump pump backup system that was put into my apartment. They completely replaced the one that was there and put in a beautiful system that was fantastic.

It's a couple of years ago now since that was done and it has been working beautifully. Each year I get a phone call and they come in and they check it. I like that they do that and that's the biggest thing for me. I always find their people to be very nice. They're willing to take their shoes off in the apartment and they're willing to work with me. I've always had great experiences with them. I would definitely recommend them.

My basement was leaking so I had Connecticut Basement Systems waterproof it. I liked their price and what they offered more than other brands. The installation was as clean as it could be. Now, the basement doesn’t leak anymore and the water goes to where it's supposed to go.

I had a continuous, ongoing basement problem with water coming in and leaking from the crawlspace. I went with Connecticut Basement Systems and they did a crawlspace repair which was done well. I had no more water leaking after the work was completed. The installation team was excellent. I recommend the company all the time, and I'm very pleased with their price and quality of their work.

Connecticut Basement Systems is fantastic. I considered other companies but after reading reviews online, it seems like they're innovators in their field. And I like their system setup so that's why I went with them. They did the installation three and a half years ago and I haven't had a problem with the system. They did a perimeter triple-seal pump system. My house is like in a pool. So they had to do some extensive work in the foundation and put a perimeter drain and the three-pump system. They did the work in a day’s period of time, which was happy and surprising at the same time. Everything has been fantastic. I haven't had any water in the basement and it's useable.

I've used Basement Systems several times over the last few years and I'm very, very pleased with their services. They're very prompt and courteous. They come when they say they're going to come, and they do an excellent job. They leave everything in really better shape in terms of cleaning up what any messes that have been made, but sometimes they even clean things that they haven't made. They're very reliable, they do what they say they're going to do. I've been satisfied with Connecticut Basement and I have not used anyone else. And I have recommended them to other people.

I had water leaking and a wet basement. I got three estimates for the work and the cost of Connecticut Basement Systems was in the middle so I got them to do the work. They said, "It looks like this would take care of it." One other company that came in at the same price had said, "It looks like you have water here at another spot," and that I needed more expensive work to be done, and I thought that their estimate was overkill. But in fact, that other company was right and that's exactly what I needed to do.

Basement Water Systems was wrong in their initial estimate and wanted another $1,000 or $2,000 to do the additional work. I've regretted selecting them. The installation team was professional, clean, and very hardworking, and what they did works fine. Unfortunately when it's very wet, which we haven't been for two summers now, I have water entering in two areas now. They took care of one area, but I still have water coming in at another area.

I’m a home builder and I’ve used Basement Systems five times. I’ve used more than a few companies and Basement Systems is absolutely the best. They are service oriented and explain what goes on. They are five-star rated in my book. When they do a job, they do it right. If there are issues, they come back. They’re clean, fast, and they guarantee their work. They know what they’re doing - that’s the best of all.

I had a bad basement mildew problem. We had a couple of other people come and look, but Connecticut Basement Systems were more thorough with their questioning and what they were about. Their price wasn't more than the others considering the amount of work that they had to do to fix it. It wasn't cheap, but it was reasonable. They dried the entire basement with the sump pump, dehumidifier, and a trough that they cut around the perimeter of the basement. We had them so some finishing too.

I spoke to Vin, who was really knowledgeable about everything that was done. We had to do it in stages and he helped us out as they did some financing for us. Most of the crew who came out were professional. They knew what they were here for and did their job. I would recommend them to my friends because they were fair, thorough, and had everything. They did the whole deal - from tearing the basement up, the walls, the ceilings and floor, to fixing it back up.

Our garage had standing water anytime it rained hard from the hill behind us. Connecticut Basement Systems came in and solved the problem. They did waterproofing in the garage. They built up the trench around there and put a sump pump in. We also got a basement that was damp, and we brought them back and they redid the whole basement. They did waterproofing, they put in a new patented flooring and they did the chair rail half wall all the way around.

Their installation team was great. They said it would be done in a week and they did it. They did two days to tear up the basement, took a day off and then two days to repair. The garage was done in one day. They were very professional and what they did worked. My garage and the basement are nice and dry now. It was an excellent experience from start to finish. They come back every year to service the sump pump system, and it’s very good, very complete.

About 10 years ago I had a leak so I purchased waterproofing service from Basement Systems. Then I had a recall about three years ago as we had an additional leak and they fixed the problem. Their installation team did what they were supposed to do.

Basement Systems Company Profile