Basement Systems

Basement Systems specializes in "All Things Basementy". Providing solutions for waterproofing & refinishing, crawl space repair, basement finishing and foundation repair, Basement Systems is a leader in dry, below-grade space products whose network spreads across the United States, Canada and the UK. With the goal to provide a permanent solution, Basement Systems offers a competitive lifetime warranty that is transferable to the next owner of the home. Call or email them today for a free waterproofing quote!

Compare Basement Waterproofing

Research top Basement Waterproofing recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We had heard good things about Connecticut Basement Systems. We got them to fix a problem that we had in our basement about three or four years ago. We were extremely happy from beginning to end with their service and I would highly recommend them.

There was water in the basement of our previous house. And so, we had a sump pump and drains installed by Connecticut Basement Systems. Their installation team was courteous and they let me know what to expect. However, the service was noisy so they have to do something about that.

Five years ago, I had water coming into my basement and I got Connecticut Basement Systems' service since they've been in the business for a long time. They repaired cracks in the wall and put drains all over on the inside. They not only leveled the floor but separated out the spot on the floor where water is gonna come in and then it clears away really quickly. They did a really good job with respect to the drains and were really good. It was so professional looking and I was really surprised and amazed. The crew were quick and cleaned up really well. One wouldn't even know they were there because it was way better than when they left. We're very happy and now, I don't have to worry about water leakage coming in at all even in the heaviest of rains. I'd highly recommend them to anybody.

We had the worst floods in 125 years and got water in the crawlspace and Basement Systems did a very good job. They were very neat and clean and it was a very good experience. We were very happy.

I had spoken to a few other companies and I was very disappointed in their product and their service. Connecticut Basement Systems seemed far more knowledgeable and professional, and I was impressed by them. Their installation team was very good and completely professional. The work they did was fine and what they installed has formed properly. Everything is operating correctly. Their service was great and I was really pleased.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Basement Systems?

I had water in the basement so I bought Connecticut Basement Systems. The cost and sales rep were fine, and their technicians were excellent. It works and it's totally dry now. We haven't had a drop of water since!

We had basement flooding so we needed Connecticut Basement Systems' services. The cost and quality were what I expected. The technicians were fine and cleaned up first day. I'd recommend Basement Systems to some.

I had 2 feet of water in my basement. I talked to people then I went with the best and hired Connecticut Basement Systems. Their service was really expensive but it was well worth it. The techs were excellent and I'm very pleased with their work even now.

We had a crack in our basement five years ago and we had somebody else give us an estimate but we went with Basement Systems. The technician was thorough and offered some suggestions. There were some other works I was thinking about doing and he gave me estimates within a couple of days. I did the crack in the basement wall and Basement Systems put a French drain in around the basement on that side of the house and then we ultimately did sump pump with them. I have recommended them to other people.

I had a flooded basement, so I got Connecticut Basement Systems to provide the sump pump with drainage around the perimeter. Their cost and quality are very good. Their technician has been fine and professional, too.

I had a leak in one of the basement foundation walls about three years ago. We got the services of Connecticut Basement Systems and we were happy with it. The price was reasonable and the work was done as stated. It has not leaked in the basement since then.

I had water in my cellar and I put in a sump pump through Connecticut Basement Systems. Then I had them put in a drainage system on the exterior of my basement. They were very efficient and they rapidly respond to requests. They came in the morning, and when I asked the lead man when they were gonna get it done, he said they were gonna finish it that day. My cellar is much drier. I would recommend them.

We live in a 115-year old house and the basement was wet all the time. Aside from Connecticut Basement Systems, I talked to at least one other company to get a quote but the guy that Basement Systems sent out to give me the estimate for the basement waterproofing was so professional. He explained how it would be done and why it would keep the basement dry. It's been amazing. Their installers were great too and they did the work quickly and very effectively. The basement is cleaner than it's been since and it's now dry even after we've had some torrential rains. The sump pump works great when there is moisture. We've been very pleased with it and should we ever decide to sell this house, that will be a big plus. Basement Systems showed professionalism and excellent quality. I have recommended them to other people.

We live in an old house, and in all those years, we had a lot of problems with flooding and we had another company who did some assessment a couple years before. They did some outside excavation work and put in a wall under the ground and an additional grain to the tune of $5,000 that ended up being down the toilet because it didn’t really do anything. So we began to research again and read up and Consumer Reports, articles, and decided that we needed a different system and perimeter drains. We started calling plumbers who supposedly did that kind of work and they weren’t what we wanted. Then we began talking to and meeting with Connecticut Basement Systems. They weren’t the cheapest but we felt that the references, the person that we met with, the information that they gave, and the research that we had done were probably the company that we wanted to go with in terms of experience with this type of house.

We had the perimeter drains installed and then they put up some kind of product all around the walls as well. They also changed the drain, dug around the perimeter and then they put in a sump pump. Everybody was great and everything worked out well. We’ve had them here at least once for routine check and maintenance. Now we had no flooding. It’s great and it’s perfectly outside where it’s supposed to. They were very professional and we didn’t see them as high-pressure. The only piece that I haven’t liked but I understand it as a business person is that they’re calling us very frequently for the so-called routine maintenance and our research indicates we don’t have to do it quite as often as they call. But we would definitely recommend them and we were satisfied. It was excellent and on task. They did what they said they were gonna do and it worked.

We used to have water going, mold problems and smell across our basement several years ago. We had spring water going across the floor and we couldn’t stop it. I was doing laundry and I had to put Styrofoam on top of the water just to go and do my laundry. It was that bad. We had been so fed up with the water situation and the fire department coming here. We got a flyer in the mail from Connecticut Basement Systems and a coupon that said so much off which got our attention. We heard reviews about other people and we decided to go for it because we had no choice so we had the entire floor in our basement done.

They even did two pumps instead of one because my husband had designed a pump that he showed them so that water wouldn’t be running in and running the pump all day. It would fill the first pump and then run into a second pump but it never would reach the second pump. So it worked out great. They replaced everything and we paid for two pumps. We even had a cable going across the floor from the tank. And while the floor was getting done, we had that done, too. We couldn’t believe how are they'd stop water in this old house from the 30’s but they did. It really was the most excellent job. Their reps were really good. At first, they were a little stubborn and didn’t want to accept my husband’s idea, but they were paid for and it was done and we never ever heard the pump run. It’s amazing. It just flows out.

We have absolutely no mold anymore and no water on the floor. We are just amazed. I could put boots down there and not have them go moldy. We even have a stock shelf down there with groceries on it now. We never could do that before. They taught us to keep the windows closed and not to open them in the summer to let humidity in. For 30+ years, we opened the windows and let all the humidity in. So after we got this whole thing installed, we never opened them again and we used a dehumidifier all summer. They did a great job. They cleaned up and we never ever got a drip of water since they did it. Our most difficult thing was to come up with the money to pay for it but we did. We had to because it was a health situation. It was amazing that it worked. We’ve always had issues with everything else with this old house and this was the first time something really worked.

I love Connecticut Basement Systems. They were the best. They did everything they said they were going to do on time and at the cost that they said. Also, they were clean. I would hire them if I had a problem again. In fact, they’re one of the few contractors around that I brag about.

I bought a new house and wanted to dehumidify the basement. I got the dehumidifier from Connecticut Basement Systems and I had them install it. They recommended several options for the installation and I said yes to what I preferred. The dehumidifier made the basement more usable because we saw molds before and we were worried about it but we eliminated it. The reps were professional, courteous and got the job done. Overall it was good service and a good product.

Connecticut Basement Systems installed a product in the crawl space for prevention against molds and they did a great job installing it. They had very good people who are knowledgeable and pleasant. On an annual basis or if there are concerns, we call them. Recently, we were getting a very small amount of water in the crawl space, so we needed them to come and review that. They did something but there wasn't anything broken. Connecticut Basement really provides exceptional service and product. They're always respectful and give me proper information. When I call customer service, they're very responsive. They're a good group of people who deliver what they say they're going to do.

When I want a project done for the house, I usually get several people out. It's not necessarily just about the price for me. It's about knowledge and how they're treating the customer and professionalism. With Connecticut Basement Systems, I was blown away and very impressed. They did waterproofing with the triple sump system for me 5 years ago. The installation team was great and everything from start to finish was just absolutely remarkable. I referred them to other people as well.

I had Connecticut Basement Systems do a basement waterproofing for me and the installation team was perfectly fine. They came when they said they would and did what they said they were going to do. There's been a couple of annual kind of maintenance deal that is part of it. The only issue I had with them was that they had a lot of sales going on which kind of push me to do more things.

I needed to get sump pumps put in my basement, and the salesman that I dealt with was very nice. Basement Systems' quality and cost were very good. I ended up putting two pumps in my house. There is no humidity in the basement and the pumps take care of any kind of water as it rains. Their yearly check on the system is fine. Overall they did a good job. I'd recommend them.

I had water in the basement. Five years ago, Connecticut Basement Systems put in a sump pump, dehumidifier, and a grid. The installers were good, and there's no more water in the basement. However, the salesman oversold us on the package, which was a little unnecessary. I've had to replace a pump already, which sucks, but other than that, all is good.

I had water in my basement and we had it waterproofed by Connecticut Basement Systems. They came, gave me a price, and it was within the budget. One time we got water, they came out right away and fix that. There was something else that needed to be done and they fixed it too and no problem since. That's been three years.

We got five quotes before we decided on Connecticut Basements. We needed service after hurricane Irene, and we liked their price, quality, and timeline of project completion. We purchased the floor, the walls, and everything else that came with it. The crew was on time, accurate, and courteous. The team that we worked with on site, the installers, the people who did follow-up, and the office were absolutely perfect.

I had flooding in my basement at one point, and my neighbor was using Connecticut. So, they dug up and put a drain at a pump in my basement to pump out any water that might come in. I've been pleased with their installation team. They were fine, did their job, cleaned up and left. Plus, they usually come, and check the system once a year. Everything seems to be good, I would recommend Connecticut Basement Systems.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I was contacted by the company and we were able to work out a resolution to my problem. I am satisfied with how the issue was handled and would now recommend this company to anyone.

Bruce of North Ridgeville, OH on

Original Review

Had Ohio Basement Systems come in and install new battery backup sump pump. They ran a new discharge line to outside of house. They just used a green 10' above ground pipe and left it. I was under the impression the discharge line would be buried and run away from the house to back of property. Not happy! I am investigating other companies to come out and perform the work that should have been done in the first place.

We needed to dehumidify the basement and we bought the SaniDry Dehumidifier from Basement Systems. They were Connecticut-based and were located really close to us so that was a big selling point. I like the product and the guy that installed and serviced it. What I didn’t like was when I had a problem four weeks ago, they came out to service the unit and found there’s something wrong with it. The tech took it with him back to Connecticut Basement Systems. He said we were going to get it back within a week but it took three weeks.

I called in a week and they told me they didn’t have information. I called several days later and still had no information. While there were no problems, everything was great. But the minute there was a problem, it took forever. And they were not very good with information, as to what was wrong with it, when it would be fixed, and I was very surprised with that. We just got it repaired and put back in today so hopefully, everything’s going to be working fine without any issues. The guy that came to reinstall was a wonderful and great technician. He explained everything. I’m happy with the unit but not with the process on how long the repair took and how long just to get information.

We were having some water come in through the back door so we wanted to get a sump pump. We saw the advertisement for Connecticut Basement Systems and decided on them. Since they installed it, the basement has been nice and dry. Also, we have a crawlspace under our kitchen and they put a cover on it. Everybody was wonderful and helpful and the men that they've sent out have been excellent.

I got a tour of Connecticut Basement Systems' facilities as part of a program I was in and I was impressed with their operations. I also happened to know the owner, Larry, as we've done some business in the community together. So when I needed some work done on a sump pump in my basement, they were the first people I went to. Everything was top-notch and amazing with their service team. I got a double sump pump backup system that was put into my apartment. They completely replaced the one that was there and put in a beautiful system that was fantastic.

It's a couple of years ago now since that was done and it has been working beautifully. Each year I get a phone call and they come in and they check it. I like that they do that and that's the biggest thing for me. I always find their people to be very nice. They're willing to take their shoes off in the apartment and they're willing to work with me. I've always had great experiences with them. I would definitely recommend them.

My basement was leaking so I had Connecticut Basement Systems waterproof it. I liked their price and what they offered more than other brands. The installation was as clean as it could be. Now, the basement doesn’t leak anymore and the water goes to where it's supposed to go.

Basement Systems Company Profile