Avanti Wine Coolers

Compare Wine Refrigerators & Coolers

Research top Wine Refrigerators & Coolers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Since I always have my wine selection in the right temperature I would say that they are Highly efficient. Depending on the wine I can place them in three different shelves. They have the right temperature. If you care about your wine I would recommend my Avanti Koldfront has enough room and is very affordable. Looks very nice in my Florida room. So far I have had no problems with my Avanti Koldfront. I truly recommend you have a surge protector, not only for the appliance but to protect your wines. Avanti has many options from the more affordable to the connoisseurs type. They are a really good choice. You don't have to spend a million to have a great wine cooler.

It was a gift. It works very good! Keeps my wine nice and cold, you can see the temperature on the side and adjust according to how you like it which is really neat. It is very well built. You can tell by how heavy it is that it's quality work and will last for a very long time, great work. It is great value, totally worth the money if you're looking to buy! It is built to last forever. In my opinion it's a great fridge!! Keep up the good work.

There are plenty of options to choose from making the process of picking them out a more enjoyable time for all, alone or with a group. The amount of wine bottles it can hold is a great feature. Also how chilled the cooler will stay. Being energy efficient is a great plus for anyone. It has held up through normal wear and tear and a few moves. It has a few dents and scratches but that is to be expected. I think it could be just a bit better made to handle a little more. I am pretty happy with how much I paid and the fact that it is still going strong. I would not mind paying just a little more if it would hold a few more bottles.

It holds plenty of bottles, both top and bottom. The bottles end up resembling a wave pattern. It's not super customizable, but it looks great on display. I would recommend this to others. It allows plenty of bottles to be placed inside, and also allows for several to be placed along the sides. It also includes a few drawers, allowing for additional storage. It is built very strong. It should hold up through years and years of wear and tear. It heavy and built out of quality wood. I expect it to last a lifetime. It's not the cheapest wine cabinet on the market, but it is certainly one of the better values for the money. It's price point, I feel, is one that should be affordable for most people.

It had no special options but kept the wine at a constant temperature and the motor was quiet. It had a great door that opened and closed smoothly. It kept the wine at a constant temperature and was able to fit into a small space under the bar. This machine lasted 10 years before needing to be replaced. What more could one ask for a simple wine chiller. It was brown in color and was lightweight so it could be lifted and moved by one person.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avanti?

The fact that it can accommodate more than one bottle as well as different size ones. Makes it easier to transport various brands as well as sizes. Has multiple features that come in handy for the different types of wine. Because of this you are able to enjoy and bottle you so choose. I have had this for a few years now and have had no issues. I have heard of other brands not being as well built but this one is great! At first I felt the price was a little steep but then after some time of using it have found its well worth the money. Great price for the product.

Perfect size to hold the amount of bottles we typically have in our home. Fits right under counter out of the way. Convenient and works wonderfully. So many size options. Cooling options are wonderful. Comes in different sizes and holds enough bottles. Fits under counter out of the way and does not take up more room in the kitchen. Frees up room in my refrigerator. Last long time. I have had mine for a few years with no problems. Worth the investment. Keeps wine chilled. Love it. Great gift for any wine lover. Worth every cent. It is such a space saver in my refrigerator and conveniently is under my counter out of the way of the foot traffic in my kitchen.

They allow you to customize how many wine bottles you want to be able to store and cool. The features of this wine cooler work great. So far I have been very happy with them and have had no problems with how they work and function. I have had this brand wine cooler for a few months but you can tell just by looking at it that it is of great quality. I can trust that this brand will be with me for years and years. The value of this wine cooler is totally worth it. You get a great built wine cooler with the functions that you expect from a more pricier item.

Can be used to hold as much or as little as you need it to within its capacity and can be kept at the temperature that you would like it to be kept at. Customization temperature, storage capacity, size, adjustable shelves and shelf sizes, digital thermostat control for temperature, environmentally friendly. The product has a very highly durability level and can withstand high outside temperatures. It is very high quality and made from indestructible materials. It has brought much value into my life as a wine drinker and has allowed me to further my interests in wine and in wine storage. I have broadened my horizons in the different types of wine that I can try.

The only thing you could customize was the temperature only. Although that was the only feature it still was a decent feature and one that was appreciated. Not too many to make it hard to use. It was simple enough for the technology impaired and she is loving it. The younger crowd would probably want more features but for someone her age (60s) it was perfect. I got it for her two Christmases ago. It has never had any issues and she uses it daily. It still maintains to correct temperature and still runs like a champ. No issues to report. It was one of the more budget friendly options so I was very happy with that. I also was able to catch it on sale so that also helped. I was able to pick a product I would have paid more for and stay on budget.

Was a great size and work very well and was a good value for the price. Also good for resale value. They work forever. Cooling unit excellent. Convenient to use. Always running. A great value for the money and people will really enjoy it. Also is very good. It was a lot of wine bottles. Is very strong and has a great body and the wonderful viewing door. They accepted payments until I had a pain. All it took 3 months. They were very kind and courteous and I would recommend it to anybody at all.

We have had our Avanti wine cooler for 10 months. It was making a loud buzzing noise every couple of hours. I called the customer service number to get some help, giving them the purchase date and asking about the warranty process. They gave me the number of local service provider... who never returned my voicemails. I called back to Avanti and went through the same thing again - asking what is the warranty process. They apologized for giving me the previous number - it apparently wasn't even an authorized provider and I was given a different number. I asked again - what is the process for payment under warranty - no payment required I was told. The service company showed up, fixed the buzzing noise and then asked for my credit card details. I explained what I had been told by Avanti and they said they always require payment and I would get reimbursed.

Neither the service guy or I could get through to the Avanti customer service number - it went to voicemail. When I called Avanti the next day to request reimbursement with the invoice as proof, they said that isn't their warranty process. They had no records in their system of me calling in to request a warranty request and don't record calls - so there was no way to verify what I had been told and they refused to reimburse me even though the unit is clearly under warranty. I paid $180 for a 20-minute repair call when I made it clear that I wanted the warranty service. Avanti have been extremely unhelpful at every step - I would never purchase any other appliance from them again.

I bought the Avanti 160 bottle WCR682SS-1 wine cooler from a floor model distributor and have had nothing but trouble. After the purchase, I ordered some of the larger Burgundy shelves and a replacement charcoal filter directly from Avanti. Avanti sent the wrong parts on both occasions. I still have not received the correct shelving after 3.5 weeks and 5 phone calls. Then, unit's compressor stopped working this week. I called Avanti and they referred me to their GA authorized repair shop. The repairman was able to come out in about a week and told me that it was best that I ship the unit back to the place where I bought it which I have done. I have subsequently bought a different large wine cooler from Costco. It should ship this week and I hope that I get a better result.

Bought an Avanti 85-bottle dual-zone wine cooler in May 2015 and in early July it quit cooling in the lower zone. Found out today that it has a blocked evaporator that will cost $1000 to replace. You can see the ice build up inside the cooler. Their website shows that it is a discontinued model. Ridiculous to pay $1400 for it and it quits after a little over a year. Worked fine until now. The only units available are either 30-40 bottle units or 146 bottle units.

Paid over $1000 and after 4 years the compressor is down. Cost of repair over $600. Very disappointed.

We purchased an Avanti Wine Cooler for $1,000.00. Not too long out of warranty, the unit stopped cooling... This was in May, 2015. The service department told us month after month that the part was coming from China for the past 6 months. During this time, they refused to give us a "loaner" or anything whatsoever to compensate us for the fact that their product not only broke down so quickly, but that they were completely unable to secure any repair for the cooler. After six long months of waiting, their receptionist informs me that the part is never coming in, and that I may want to check Amazon for a part for it... Seriously?

I spoke with the manager, Dan on several occasions whom always promised to call me back, which of course, never happened. When I finally did speak to him today, he stated there was absolutely nothing he could do, and that "I was out of luck"... His total disregard and lack of any form of professionalism was amazing. I asked if there was any type of "deal" he would be willing to work out on a new replacement unit, and once again was told, nope... Nothing... I agree that if I was purchasing a $199 unit, I would probably expect it to last a little over a year... But to pay over a $1,000 for one is completely unacceptable to have it break so soon, and be told, "sorry... You're out of luck" is just poor business on every possible level... This product should be banned from future people being scammed into thinking they are buying a reliable product from a company that stands behind their products as I was...

Called the Customer Service. They gave two numbers of businesses who could service them in Chatham, NJ area. Both businesses said they do not service the area. Called a couple local appliance service businesses who also do not service this wine cooler. So, called the Avanti Customer Service again and the only answer they had was "keep trying as we cannot help you." To me, that is not called 'service' and as a customer, it is not my job to try and figure out who can service this cooler which is useless to us but is relatively 'new'.

I wish I could have selected three or four stars: while it worked, it was a great wine cooler/canned drinks fridge. Very handy under the counter in the kitchen bar area, nice glass doors in the two zones, with great flexibility in the wine cooler section temperature. Bought from BeverageFactory.com in early 2010 for under $225. Late last summer, it stopped cooling the wine, then the fridge went right before the holidays. Nearest fridge repair company (not affiliated with any manufacturer or retailer like Sears) won't touch it because, as our contractor emailed me: "They don't repair them because their suppliers can't get parts. They had no idea who might." Too bad, was a great product before it failed, and it was a good price. Replacing it with higher quality is going to cost a lot more.

Avanti Wine Cooler I bought is a cheap junk. 1.1 year of ownership and the evaporator is gone 1 month after the expiry of the warranty. The part cost is $575 plus labor. The unit came in a torn box that I should have taken note. Probably someone else's return. Buyer beware. Cheap Chinese junk. I will never buy an Avanti product again.

Coolant started to leak after 2 years. It was repaired, had a leak.....then the digital board went out 4 months after that. Bought the cooler from AJ Madison on May 13, 2012. Avanti was not very helpful. Will never buy another.

We owned the 18 bottle refrigerator for two years. It worked well for that time then no longer cooled the wine. We fortunately had purchased it from P.C. Richard and had a service contract. They honored it and and gave us a new refrigerator. It was sealed and in the box - when opened it was damaged. We brought it back. They gave us the same model - this one did not maintain the temperature. It didn't respond to any adjustments. We returned it for a store credit. I noticed that these models were made in China and obviously by others complaints are not a reliable product, despite the time our first one worked I would not recommend this product.

I purchased 72 beverage coolers from Avanti and gave them the specifications of our cabinets. We were assured that the unit they suggested would work for our purposes. None of them get cold enough - most don't work at all. I sent back two that were hot and were told we weren't supposed to put them in cabinets (despite the fact they sold it to us knowing that was what we needed). Less than a year later, they will not replace the non-working units and offered no compensation. They demand payment by check for large purposes for just this reason. They don't want charge backs. Do not purchase from Avanti products. They will rip you off, lie to get a sale and then not honor their product warranty. Avanti sells defective merchandise and then lies to make a sale.

I bought a new wine cooler that did not work made by Avanti Products. After sending three repair persons, Avanti agreed to replace the unit. However, they refused to pick up the defective unit and wants me to pay for them to process the replacement paperwork. I am unable to take the defective unit to a trash dump in California and it will cost me fees to have someone pick up the unit and haul it to the trash dump.

This Co sells a Wine Cooler called Avanti. Bought it in 2007, needed a new compressor in 2008, there was no charged for that, now the same problem occurred. I left an email on their website 3 days ago, did not receive anything back. It seems these compressors only last one year and of course that is totally absurd. Thank You.

Model WCP8 - 8 bottle countertop wine cooler

Bought the product in September 2005. 11 months later, in August 2006, came home to find the wine cooler at 84 degrees! Had to throw out 6 bottles of wine, 2 of which we'd brought back from Italy in June that year. Called Avanti in August 2006, no response from anyone at the company for almost 2 months! Left several messages, sent several emails. Finally got a call back in October. Their excuse: they were backlogged. Was told they'll get in touch with me about sending out a replacement. No calls came for 2 weeks.

Called back again, found out that the person who was in charge of the replacement didnt work there anymore. Had to go through all the explanations and proof of purchase paperwork with new rep again. A replacement wine cooler of the same model was sent to me in November 2006 (more than a week late from the promised date). Now, only 2 months later, the new unit has the same temperature control problem. Now it wont go under 72 degrees! Had to throw out 4 bottles of wine this time. Called Avanti today, 1-31-07. When customer service rep pulled up my account, right away she said my warranty had expired and there was nothing they could do...I hadn't even had a chance to explain what was wrong with my unit yet...shows how programmed they are in their responses.

Anyway, I told the rep that I was calling NOT to get a replacement unit - at this point, I wouldnt take anything with an Avanti logo on it even if they were giving them away for free - but that I was calling to make sure Avanti knew that their product sucks and that their customer service sucks. The reps response: transfer me to the supervisor's voicemail. Maybe they'll call me back, but knowing their track record...I'm not holding my breath. [Side Note: In trying to be fair to them, never once did I ask them to compensate me for all the lost wine...so much for being nice.]

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Avanti sells a variety of refrigeration units, including apartment-sized refrigerators, upright and chest freezers, water dispensers, beverage coolers and wine chillers. Their wine chillers hold between 12 and 160 bottles of wine.

• Wide availability: With over 7,000 retail partners across North, South and Central America, it is easy for consumers to buy an Avanti wine chiller at local retailers and online. See their list of authorized internet dealers on Avanti’s website. Those interested in commercial sales can find their nearest distributor on Avanti’s website.
  • Online product manuals: Don’t worry about keeping track of your Avanti product manual. Find manuals for both current models and discontinued products on Avanti’s website.
  • Warranty service: Call Avanti’s service number for warranty repairs on your product as long as it is still under warranty.
  • Other products offered: Avanti makes a variety of refrigeration products that are designed for small spaces, including homes, apartments, dorms, hotel rooms and offices.
  • Wine coolers for small spaces: Avanti’s compact countertop wine cooler stores up to 12 bottles of wine without taking up your refrigerator space. The design allows for up to four open bottles of wine to be stored without spilling a drop.
  • Best for Avanti wine chillers are best for small home dwellers.

Compare Wine Refrigerators & Coolers