Call toll free
Based on 64 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

Ascent Mobility Solutions

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ever since its opening in 2008, Ascent Stairlifts has been striving to provide the highest quality straight stairlifts at affordable prices. We focus exclusively on straight stairlifts which work great for clients with straight staircases or staircases with a flat landing in the middle.

At Ascent Stairlifts our customers are our top priority. We understand that every customer is different which is why we listen to your accessibility needs and recommend a solution that best works for you. With a variety of stairlifts, Ascent Stairlifts is ready to assist you in your journey to independence. Contact us today to learn more about our stairlifts.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 16, 2018

82 Ascent Stairlifts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

My wife has neuropathy and some days are not as good as others though she still walks the stairs as much as she can. In anticipation of needing a stairlift, my daughter did some research and I looked at the reviews. I had Acorn come out but Ascent's stairlift was lower priced and so we had them put a stairlift in. Their consultants were very good and they answered all of my questions. The installers were knowledgeable and did a good job too. We got a standard stairlift and it gets the job done. Everything went smoothly with Ascent and they were very easy to work with.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

We chose Ascent based on its reputation. The consultant we dealt with was very helpful, knowledgeable and professional, and so was the tech during the installation. He also showed us how to use it with no problem. Our stairlift is perfect for our applications and it gets the job done. It gives my wife much more mobility in the house. I’d recommend them

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

The consultant from Ascent Stairlifts was very thorough and I appreciated her input. And the installers were very cooperative and very accommodating. The stairlift made my life much easier. I like the ease of going up and down the stairs. I had a very nice experience with Ascent and they answered all my questions to my satisfaction.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I had a foot operation and I'm not supposed to put any weight on the foot for six weeks, which is very difficult. This is a two-story house so we need to have something so I could get upstairs. My neighbor had a stairlift put in and she suggested Ascent Stairlifts. We went down and their people were very pleasant and helpful. They had a variety of different lifts that I could use and try, and different prices for different locations. Their rep anticipated questions that I might have and she was very knowledgeable. They got the stairlift in within a couple of days after we bought it. The installation was fine and it took an hour. The stairlift gets me up and down the stairs. It's great and very easy to use. It doesn't take up a whole lot of space too. Plus, it has made my life easier. I would recommend Ascent Stairlifts.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

The consultant of Ascent Stairlifts answered all my questions and she was very nice. She did all the measurements and discovered that I had a bookcase at the bottom of the stairs that had to be moved over because we needed an extra seven inches so the chair would go all the way down and I could get off without having to step down an extra step. It was mounted on the wall, the kind that you put up three of four boards with holes in them and then you snap the shelf in. The installer was very good. We talked about the bookcase because I was concerned. I almost said, “If we’re going to have to take that out I don’t want to do it because I like it there.” But he just said, “No. We’ll move it over.” And their cost was very modest to move it over. I’m sure glad I went ahead and put it in.

Half of my house is downstairs -- my laundry room, my guest room, my office, and my family room are all downstairs. So if I want to do a little laundry I had to carry it down but now I can sit on the chair and put the laundry in my lap and go down. And I have a room under my garage, which has my extra refrigerator and a deep freeze in it. It’s at the bottom of the stairs too so I can get right down and grab something out of the freezer and ride right back up. It has only been a week but it makes everything easier and I don’t get so tired. I don’t know what I did without it. My three daughters wanted me to do this so much and now they’re all happy.

I had all kinds of things that had to be repaired and I wanted to ride down and see what the contractors were doing when they got through and to be sure my washing machine was working. And then they had to adjust something on my furnace and the stairlift made it so easy for me. I would definitely recommend them. I was at Kaiser and the lady standing there with me was saying her son had fallen and damaged several vertebrae. And I said, “Are you thinking about getting a stairlift? I sure recommend Ascent Mobility.”

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you Betty! Glad you are enjoying your new stairlift!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ascent Stairlifts?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Ascent's cost led me to go to them instead of over others. The purpose was to have something to help my mom to get up and down the steps. We looked at Acorn and they were extremely expensive. We were to go with them, and then I did a little bit more research and found Ascent. It was a no brainer. The accessibility consultant was very knowledgeable about my needs and what we wanted as far as the stairlift. Site survey went really well. However, the person that came out initially told us the left side, but when we had talked it was the right side. My 90-year-old mom was a little confused because they just had the wrong side when the person came out and looked at it.

It was a one-year warranty, but I wish there was another warranty on it. A lot of places sell extended warranty. With my mom being almost 90, she definitely can't fix it herself, if anything would happen to the battery or anything like that. Also, my mother was hoping for the stairlift to move a little faster. She made a comment once that she could have walked up and down the steps twice. They also lack follow-up after they installed it. The light continues to blink and I'm not sure if it's supposed to. But we were well pleased with Ascent. I will tell friends to do research and consider them.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you for your business Sharon!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I read reviews online and Ascent Stairlifts had the best reviews. Virginia who was our salesperson made everything simple and I had no hesitation after we met with her because she was thorough and she was friendly. Plus she knows exactly what she was talking about. The consultant came to the house, sat with my husband and I, and was very thorough in telling us what they would do and what it would look like and discussing options. She was also on the stairway with us, looking at the stairs and making her recommendations. It felt like we knew exactly what we needed by the time she left. They took us through the process carefully and answered our questions and made sure that we got a product that worked for us.

The installation team took longer than we expected. They had a difficult job drilling through some tile but they did a fine job. They let us know that it was going to take longer and they did a good cleanup afterwards. We also knew exactly how to use it and troubleshoot it before they left. The stairlift is very helpful for us. We have a greater sense of safety and ability to use all the levels of the house.

Thanks Donna!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

The Ascent Stairlifts was put in for my parents and they're happy with it. Everybody was tickled to the death. Though there were other stairlifts that were cheaper, we chose it for its features and price. We dealt with a gentleman named Greg. He was the guy that we talked with over there in Colorado. And since we're in Michigan, I just gave him the measurements over the phone. There wasn't a site survey. I told him how many steps there were and how wide they were, and he was very accommodating. We negotiated hard and he came up with a good price and we're very happy with the outcome. It took them about three hours to install it and it went smoothly. It's working well for my mother who's 88 years old. It's convenient for her when she goes down the stairs to do the laundry. It's also compact and it does close up against the wall, so it doesn’t impede the use of the stairs. It works out good for everybody.

Thanks Charlie!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

One of my cousins had used Ascent for his father-in-law. He said they are a good company and raved about the salesperson who wasn’t there anymore, but I called them first and they sounded good. I've heard of other names, but since my cousin had used them and it's a good product, I figured they would be a good choice. My mom is 95 and we've moved her into our downstairs, so she needs to use the chair multiple times daily because she goes up and down a lot.

They installed it quickly, however, we were unsure about how well the chair turned at the top. The push-down or pull up on the lever felt like it was difficult for my mom to handle, but she's been able to. A guy came back as well to check on it and said that’s the way it is. Also, we had an issue with the battery when they installed it. One of the batteries needed to be replaced because it wouldn’t go more than once without having recovery time in between. If you stop in the way, the chair wouldn’t go further.

I called the girl in the office three times and nobody came. We were getting close to when mom was coming but we still hadn't got a battery. Then one time, I called and the saleslady answered it and said she would get the guy right out which she did. He came back and replaced it and everything worked out well. So, my mom has been really happy with it. She feels safe to go up and down and it helped us tremendously because there was no way we could move at all if we didn’t have the chair. I like it and would call Ascent again. We trusted them and they did a good job. I would recommend them.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you for the feedback. We are sorry for the minor issues but very happy to hear your mom is enjoying the lift.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Ascent Stairlifts was cheaper and everything from the consultation to the installation of the unit went fine. I like the stairlift, it’s perfect.

Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

The person from Ascent came out on very short notice. He’s the boss and owner, and he’s a very nice man. He did the installation himself the next morning. He was on time and it only took him one hour to finish the installation, which was faster than I thought. The stairlift goes up and down and it has helped me tremendously because my wife can’t get upstairs without it. I’m happy with it.

Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

When we went looking for a stairlift, the people at Ascent were the only ones who responded. We asked for them to send out a representative and they sent out Virginia. She was there quickly and showed us what they had and so we bought it right there. We asked for a used one so Virginia said she’d have to look in the factory and she called back the very next day to say they had one and asked if it would be all right if they schedule it for the following week. It was a few days before they came in and those two guys who worked were very efficient and polite. They had it done in probably an hour total, from the time they started and then finished. We like everything about our stairlift from Ascent. It gets me up and down like it’s supposed to work and it seems to be working just fine, and that's what we needed. Ascent is excellent and we had a great experience with them.

Thank you for your business!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

We got Stairlifts for my husband, who is still in rehab. We've used two Ascent Stairlifts inside for going downstairs and going upstairs and then we had one put outside but he hasn't gotten to use it yet. But they're fine. The consultants who worked with us were great and the installation didn’t take long. I don't use it all the time. But when I use them, I like that I can go up to my bedroom with a cup of coffee in my hand.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Glad we could be of assistance!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

The Ascent Stairlifts reps were excellent and they explained everything very well. Plus, I found the price is right. The stairlift was installed perfectly and they explained how it works and what we have to do. They showed us every old trick about it. It’s working fine, safe and smooth to ride. My mom is pleased with it. At the beginning, she was a bit not used to it, but now, she’s very comfortable with it and she goes all the way up and down. I recommend everybody to consider Ascent Stairlifts. It’s an excellent service and the chair is of good quality.

Thank you for your business!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Ascent Stairlifts was professional and cost-effective. Their reps were also helpful and provided great follow-through. I made contact directly with their people at the Denver office. I reached out with an email initially, then had several conversations. We sent them photos and dimensions then they gave us their pricing. We also researched different providers, checked the reviews and pricing, and we thought that Ascent might be a better way of going. They explained the process fully, scheduled a quick ship of the product and arranged for an installer to be on site within three days after we talked. The guy who did the installation was knowledgeable, thorough and careful. We got the chairlift for my mother in law and it gave her access to the second floor of the house. She’s now had it for nine days and she likes it. She texted me this morning saying thank you very much and that she doesn't get on the lift without thinking how happy she is about it.

Glad we could help!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Some internet reports were better than the others so I chose Ascent. Having their stairlifts is good. It's my favorite feature when it's time to go up and down the stairs.

Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I got the stairlift for my husband who had trouble going up and down. I called Ascent Stairlifts and the lady told me how much it was. Then, a guy came out and spent a couple of hours here. He nailed it on the stairs so if we move and want to take it with us, we could just take it off the stairs. He was nice and friendly. He explained to my husband what to do and not to do. He even helped me on the chair and taught me what to do as well. It was a wonderful experience and the stairlift made things a lot easier for my husband.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Glad we could be of service!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I liked how Ascent Stairlifts responded to my inquiry. I got a callback right away from somebody and I didn’t have to wait to hear from them. I talked to a person named Virginia, and she was very helpful and knowledgeable. Their prices were very reasonable by comparison to some of the others that we had looked at. One of them was ripping us off and wanted $800 dollars for a used hinge track and that’s crazy. Ascent’s was $300 dollars and it's new. I liked how they did business and I liked their product. It was supposed to be installed last Thursday, but one of the track sections was damaged in transit. So, they had to send a new track in, and that’s here and they’re putting it in right now. They give great service, have great turnaround time and excellent communication. From what I can see in the product, it looks like it is first rate, so we’re pleased. The experience was very positive.

Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I have Parkinson's, I can't walk, and I fall to the ground always. My room is on the second floor and I have to go through several stairs. I chose the lift to get me up and my son looked at the directory of stairlifts then we chose Ascent. The installation team was very good. The stairlift has saved me several trips and it's safe. I had to go up and there is no rail on the other side so it's helping me a lot. I'm very pleased with it.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Glad to hear the new stair lift is helping!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

In the 50’s, laundry rooms were placed in the basement and that’s how houses were built in the ranch houses. Everybody has it and there isn’t any place to bring it upstairs so I knew that eventually, I would have to have a stairlift installed when I got older. But I got held up with my leg and knee problem so I had to have it done sooner. I got on the internet, clicked on Ascent Stairlifts and read about them. I contacted them and everybody at Ascent has been terrific. They called me back and set up an appointment. Then their consultant came to the house and we went over their products. We agreed on what I wanted and we wrote it up. Then they made it and she sent the installers out to install it.

A guy came out with a kid that he was training. he was really good and fast. I was sitting in the living room while they worked and I could hear him giving all the training. He explained it all to the trainee and that really impressed me because he was putting himself out that extra step to train the boy. I told the boy afterwards that he’s very fortunate that he had somebody training him. I also told him that I was listening to the installer and I almost got to the point where I thought I could go in and install one myself.

Since I got the stairlift, I use it all the time and I’m really satisfied with it. Everybody was really happy too that I went ahead and got it for safety’s sake. Now, I don’t have to depend on anybody else to get down to the laundry room. I can just sit there, set my basket on my lap and down I go. It worked out great for me and for my laundry. Also, everybody that has come and to whom I showed it to was really impressed with it.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you for the nice review!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

We have a two-storey house without bedrooms or bathroom facilities on the first floor, and my wife had a knee injury so we decided to get a stairlift. I went online and looked at Ascent Stairlifts first and it looked like they have what I was looking for. I called them on a Saturday and the office was closed but they called right back. The guy came out on Monday morning on his way to work and looked it over. We talked about it and he said he has one in stock. He took a couple of measurements and said he’ll prepare it and bring it over on Tuesday and put it in. He came back on Tuesday and installed it without any difficulties. All I had to do was provide a plug at the top of the stairlift which I did on Monday. He also showed me how to use it and talked about maintenance and if I needed repairs so, it’s very satisfying.

The stairlift is perfect for our house and it fits nicely on the stairs. We have a landing at the top and a lining at the bottom, and it’s a straight shot and it fits along the wall nicely. It’s a good and well-engineered product and it doesn’t impede people that are using the stairs. It is very safe and works flawlessly, and it’s very simple to operate, too, so my wife likes it. It met all the needs that we have for mobility on our two-storey house, and I love it. If we will move to another house, we’ll take it with us.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Happy to hear the new lift is working well for you!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Ascent Stairlifts had a terrific review, high rating, and I like their prices, too. I have some problems that are going to probably get worse as I get older. So, I was planning for the future and purchased a stairlift from them. Ascent's people in Sacramento sounded very professional and friendly, and I had nice interchanges with them. They answered all my questions both over the phone and via email. The installer went about his business and finished his work. And I had a request that he was glad to take care of. Ascent Stairlift is very responsive, helpful, and they’re inexpensive compared to the others.

Thank you Sal!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

When I was comparing a bunch of companies from Consumer Reports, I called three different companies and got the best response from Ascent's salespeople. They sent somebody out to talk to me who provided me with literature on their stairlift. They even brought in a model to show me what would be installed. That was really helpful because I am in a brick house that has metal girders and it's not that easy to attach things to metal girders. Plus, the floor is concrete, but thankfully, the staircase is wooden and since everything was going to be installed in the wood itself, that was going to make things a lot easier.

When the installers came, we discussed on which side of the staircase to put the stairlift on. I wanted it on one side, but they showed me that installing it on the other side made more sense and I agreed with them. They also gave me a booklet and I'm happy that they went over the things I should and shouldn't do to make sure that the stairlift keeps running. I have to watch out for the codes on the chair so I can make sure that it mostly has code C1 and C4 to ensure that the battery is charging or is charged. I was impressed with them and they did a good job.

I like that I can go up and down the stairs without having to actually climb up them myself. I have MS and my right leg and right arm don't work as well as they should. In the past, when I go downstairs, I had to sit there and wait down sitting in a char. I also had to rest up for half an hour to an hour to get enough energy to pull myself up the stairs and when I walked up the steps, I had to swing one leg over. So it's like I was slowly creeping up the stairs. I am very happy that I don't have to do that anymore.

Now I can go down the stairs in the morning and start the laundry. Then, depending on my energy levels, I can come back down later to get everything done. If I don't get it all done that day, I can go ahead and leave stuff in the washer and come down the next day and hang it up on the line. Occasionally, I also go downstairs and do some various other projects. So I’m happy with the stairlift. My husband is also very happy because once, I was three steps from the bottom then I tripped and fell down into the basement. He was worried about things like that happening and now that I have the stairlift, that's not going to happen anymore.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you Elizabeth. Enjoy your new stairlift!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I was in a time crunch and when I talked to Ascent they could give it to me so I chose them. The stairlift is operating really nicely. The only problem we had was the seatbelt. It would get jammed quite often. You have to constantly tug at it before it releases. It's like inside where it winds, gets stuck or doesn't come all the way out. But I like the remote and being able to carry it up and down. It does pretty much what I thought it would do.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you for the review. The seatbelt does have a locking function to hold the rider in place.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

My neighbor referred me to Ascent Stairlifts and the person who came out to see me was very nice. They helped me figure out what would work best with my stairs and we had them redo the whole stairs. The whole thing was done including the installation of the chair in one day. Having the stairlift certainly improved our mental state since my wife is very weak and she goes to dialysis and I've always been afraid that she would fall having to go up the stairs after dialysis. I would highly recommend them.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you Bob! Glad to hear the new platform/stairs in the garage along with the new stairlift is working well.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I had installed a couple of stairlifts with some help for neighbors, so I was familiar with them. So, Ascent Stairlifts just shipped the stairlift to me and I put it in. It shipped quickly and the gentleman I dealt with was very good. Also, it's fairly simple design and it works well. It enabled my mother to come and live with us because she can no longer live alone, and the stairlift helps to get her up and down.

However, the only issue I had was they sent me the upper portion of track. And it must have been a reject because the wire was mangled and broken inside, so I had to rewire it to make it work. At that point, it was not worth sending anything back. I had a timeline I had to deal with. So my suggestion would be a little bit more quality control before they send it out because it looked perfect from the outside. But it made me nuts trying to figure out why it wasn't charging on the bottom and when I started to pull on the lead that it comes out of, the wire just kept coming and it was totally cut. There was no hole drilled on the top portion of it either and I had to drill my own hole for the exit wire. But other than that technical problem, it's been working perfectly.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Apologies for the wiring issue. That must have happened at the factory. Glad to hear it is working great!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

The consultants of Ascent were very helpful when they came and did a site inspection. They gave good advice about accessibility and which size the stairlift should be. The installation team did a good job, as well. They showed us how to work the stairlift and answered any questions we had. Our experience was easy and no hassle. We got the stairlift mainly for my 88 year old mother-in-law and she uses it occasionally. She still goes up and down the stairs, but I anticipate that she's going to use the stairlift more. The remote is also good because sometimes we call it down from the upstairs or vice versa. I'm happy and satisfied with Ascent.

Thank you for your business!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I Googled Ascent Stairlifts and found that they carry multiple kinds of products. And when I called, the consultant was very helpful, easy to talk to and she answered all of my questions. Everybody at Ascent Stairlifts was very pleasant and professional. As far as the measurements and the pictures, I just did what it said online. The stair lift was for my mother but I'm the one that ordered it for her. Ascent had recommended and sent out an installer from Kansas City. I was there for the install and the gentleman was very kind and helpful and he did a great job. He set up in the garage to do all of his cutting and he cleaned it up spotless. Also, he made sure that my mom was comfortable with her knowledge of how to use it and he had her give it a test drive. So it was a great experience as well. The stair lift was working well for her. It's a necessity so it's improved things for her for sure in the best way possible.

Thank you!!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

We did some research and looked at some of the consumer reviews, read them with cost and Ascent Stairlifts seemed to be the best fit for what we were looking for. We did it all over the phone and sent them the measurements since they're out of state from where we're at. They were also able to answer any questions we had. The installer was great and awesome. He was efficient, he cleaned up after himself and answered all our questions. He was on time. Another thing is that the warranty was appealing to us when we originally were looking at getting a used stairlift. We found out that for a little bit more we could get a new one and Ascent had a decent warranty with it. That was important to us too. Especially if we're not using it daily, something is going to go wrong and we have more than a couple of weeks to figure it out.

We have a house where we pull into the garage and walk up to the main level. We are pretty young and able-bodied, but my husband’s mom is 84 and my dad is 80 and walks with a heavy limp. There's no way into our house without going through a lot of steps. So, we put the stairlift for somebody who can't get up the steps and it has been great. For my dad, he doesn’t have a good bend to his leg because it shattered and so he can only bend so far. With the stairlift, he can sit on it and ride it up without getting his foot completely bend back onto the footrest. He can hold it out and position one foot on the footrest. It's a steep stairwell and the stairlift can get him up safely. We would also put a crate on the stairlift, then put the groceries on and send it up. I have two-year-old twins that ride on it too. Overall, everything has been great.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Ascent Stairlifts was one of the companies that were recommended to assess the living place. The interaction with the consultants was amazing. They really went above and beyond to help us out. The person that came out help me set up the stairlift and to see if it works for the house. She was very knowledgeable. We also had a tight a timeline on getting it installed. The installer changed the schedule and came out on the weekend, so they were very accommodating. It was nice not having to worry about the stairs. Overall, I was really happy and thankful for all that Ascent did for us. They were a great company to work with.

Glad we could help!

Ascent Stairlifts expert review by Shelley Webb

Ascent Stairlifts has been providing stairlift products since 2008. It offers a variety of lifts to meet users' needs and services the entire United States.

• They offer 24/7 tech support: Users can contact a technician at any time of the day or night to help resolve problems with the stairlift.

• Straight stairlift experts: Users who have straight staircases can choose from several straight stairlift options, allowing them to choose the model that best meets their needs.

• Quality products: All of Ascent's stairlifts are high quality and meet safety standards. The lifts come with two remote controls, safety edges, seat belts, diagnostic capabilities and parts and labor warranties.

• Reconditioned lifts may be available: Users can save money by purchasing a lift that is reconditioned rather than one that is brand new. Reconditioned lifts are subject to availability.

• Payment options: Users have a variety of payment options, including credit card, check, electronic check, Paypal and Paypal Credit.

• Best for: people with limited mobility and people with heart or lung issues.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Ascent Stairlifts Company Information

www.ascentstairlifts.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use