Ascent Mobility Solutions

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for the nice review. Glad to hear the lift is working well for you.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

We were looking at Ascent and another brand. Someone from Ascent called first and he was very easy to deal with. The man who came to install the stairlift was excellent. I got it for my husband since our bedrooms are upstairs so he has experienced extreme difficulty. Within the last three weeks, his physical ability has deteriorated considerably so the stairlift has been a godsend. It is wonderful and we've been very pleased with it. I was looking at a different brand that said it had a padded seat. I thought it might have been nice but when I stopped and reflected, mine is washable, won't wear out and if it gets dirty I can clean it. So really we got the better deal.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for your business!

Original review: April 14, 2017

We chose Ascent Stairlifts because we went to Consumer Reports and saw what they had to say about various chairlifts. Their accessibility consultant seemed efficient and competent. She answered our questions and dealt with us in a friendly and efficient way. Then the installation team came and installed the chairlift, showed me how it worked and talked about it. Installation went well and the chairlift is working and we’re pleased with it. The chair was installed in time for my husband to come home who needed to use it. If I had questions I called and asked and Ascent answered. Overall, there wasn’t any problems that arose that needed dealing with. It was simply ordering the stairlift, waiting for it to come, waiting for it to be installed and it went like clockwork.

Ascent Stairlifts

Glad we could be of assistance!

Original review: April 13, 2017

My son, Doug bought the Ascent Stairlifts for me. The Ascent people surveyed my stairs first and they were very helpful. That was part of the reason that Doug decided to get this company. Their installer was very efficient, too. He explained everything, told us to call if there was any problems and gave us the book to know what to do if there was a problem. The lift is a very smooth ride and is wide enough that if someone is on the stairs, they can walk up and down while it’s in use. It has totally helped because the reason Doug was staying with me is that I couldn’t go up the stairs. But now, he can go home and I could go about my life. We’re totally satisfied with Ascent and it’s certainly in use.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for your business!

Original review: April 12, 2017

Everything was set up in the Ascent Stairlifts showroom when I went there. Their consultants gave a good demonstration and answered all my questions, so everything went extremely smooth. Then Virginia came out and looked it over. We had some questions on which side of the stair to put it on and where the electricity was gonna be. She gave us a lot of good pointers and we changed a lot of things. But when they went to install the chairlift, they're used to going into wood to put the anchors down. So they had to come back over the weekend with a different drill since we had a ceramic tile with carpeting on top of it. There were some scheduling problems, but the installation went very nicely and smoothly.

When we first moved in the house I used to take the stairs two at a time but now, I have a hard time getting up and down. So that stairlift works very nicely and I don't have to help my wife up and down the stairs. Some of our friends, who are starting to get in our age bracket, looked upon it very favorably. Also, having the grandkids might be a problem because they're usually swinging from the chandeliers. But overall, we're very satisfied with our experience with Ascent.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for the nice review!

Original review: April 11, 2017

Ascent Stairlifts has been working great. Their consultants were very knowledgeable, polite and helpful. They were able to answer any questions that I had. With the stairlift, I like that the user doesn’t have to go up the steps and try to walk. It has been a smooth ride for him. I would recommend them.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for your business. We appreciate it!

Original review: April 3, 2017

Ascent Stairlifts were the ones that had all the best reviews. Their accessibility consultants were great. They came out and had a lot of good information. It’s easy to understand and they came back with some good stuff. We're able to get it installed a day or two. Had no problem with the installation team. The actual owner came out. It was installed maybe one or two days later and then after we got the first one installed, we had a second one installed about a couple of days after that. It was such a good device. Its design seems very nice, compact, and very reliable. It made dramatically easier for my father to access the entire apartment so it’s been a huge change.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ascent Stairlifts?

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you Charmaine! We are happy to hear the lift is working well for you and your husband.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I was doing some searches online and Ascent Stairlifts was reasonably priced. They were very easy to get ahold of and also, they were very responsive. Their accessibility consultants were very helpful and were able to give me the information that I needed right away. It was very easy to follow what I needed to do on their website. And also, I was able to take a picture and upload that to their site, and they look at it and gave me an approximate cost right away. The installation people were very good and they installed it really quickly. The stairlift is for my husband and now, he’s able to go up and down the stairs. He has been back to normal activities, which was really good. We haven't had any problems with it. Ascent Stairlifts was really helpful, very quick to return my call, and they were very easy to talk to. Overall, our experience has been awesome.

Ascent Stairlifts

We are happy everything worked out well. Enjoy your new stairlift!

Original review: March 1, 2017

I went with Ascent because after doing a bit of research on the internet, I found that they were the number one seller of stairlifts. It was a really good experience with the people I ordered it from. They wanted to deliver the stairlift on the day my wife was coming home from the hospital. Their accessibility consultant, Virginia, said, "I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll turn it around and we'll send it to the installer". That helped out quite a bit because my wife didn't get dismissed from the hospital until between 4:00 to 5:00 in the afternoon and I would not have been home to take the delivery. She did an outstanding job of explaining everything to me and it was real easy to understand.

The installation team did an excellent job. They informed us and gave us the book which was easy to read and understand. We're really happy with the stairlift and we've used it quite a bit. It has been a great help to my wife who suffered a stroke and cannot walk up the stairs. It's an outstanding product and so I'd recommend Ascent Stairlifts. I've talked to a couple of people about it and they said they were going to go online and check it out.

Ascent Stairlifts

We apologize for the miscommunication. The Brooks stairlift is handed so it can only be installed on side of the staircase. We will try to be more clear in the future and ensure we send the correct side to be installed.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I talked to the Ascent Stairlifts people about three times and I talked to about two other companies. Then I picked Ascent Stairlifts because their installation price was $100 cheaper. However, no one came out or asked for a picture of our stairs. And I was sort of misled into thinking that if the thing came, it can go to either the left or right side of the stairs, and I'll leave it up to the installer to put it on the right side. But that's not the case. The device ended up being on the rail side of the steps instead of the wall side because they sent me the one that's mounted on the left side. It shortened the width of the steps because of the conflict with the railing so I have very little clearance left on the steps because of where they had to put it. I was coming home from the rehabilitation hospital and didn't have time to mess around, send it back and get the one that was on the wall side. But other than the miscommunication, I'm completely satisfied and happy with my stairlift.

Ascent Stairlifts

We appreciate the positive review. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Ascent Stairlifts was one that I ran across and I decided to deal with. I like the way that the whole thing was presented and a survey of the stairs was done before the installation too. Their staff was very nice. The installation was done when I needed it and the fellow who came and installed it was very professional and he did it in a fairly short time, too. We are happy with the way it went and with the installation. The staircase is not meant to be fast, but it's sufficient. My wife likes it and it's been great for her. She can go up and down the stairs without any problem now.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for the feedback. For safety purposes, the lift will not work when it is in the swiveled position.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

We had a few stairlift providers within the Chicago area. I checked Ascent Stairlifts out online. I looked at their video and saw the lift and how it works, and that's how I decided to buy my stairlift from them. Another thing is that I called quite a few of these companies, but they were the first to respond and tell me about their product, and then asked me to look at the video online. I checked their product out and liked it. The sales rep was very good and nice.

I like everything about the stairlift that I got, except for only one feature that I wish it would have, which it does not have. Whenever a person goes up, he will turn the chair to 45-degree angle to get out of it. Then, if a second person wants to come upstairs and he tries the remote control, it will not work because the lift will not work when the chair is in the 45-degree angle, and the second person cannot go up. This is a very basic flaw and nobody ever talked about it, and I am surprised why. It's not such a big thing, but the lift should have the feature in the remote that can turn the chair to a 90-degree angle so it can come down.

This was what happened when I went upstairs on the first or second day after the lift was installed. I had two steps, one in the front and one in the back. The one in the front is the spiral and the one in the back is the straight one where we installed the chair. I have a habit of coming down from the front stair because that's where my bedroom is. So I came down from the front step and then when I had to go up, I remembered that the last chair had lifted upstairs. So, I tried the remote control, but it wouldn't work because the chair was in the 45-degree angle. Nevertheless, the stairlift is very good overall.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for the kind words. We really appreciate your business!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

A friend of mine who had researched Ascent Stairlifts told me about it. And we had looked into others but I very much liked this one when we went to see it. We also had a neat and very good experience with the accessibility consultants and I was real pleased with it.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for choosing Ascent Stairlifts!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

A lady came over to explain everything and she was nice. They were easy to work with. And then the installation guy came out and put the stairlift in without a problem. My parents and I are really happy with it. It's working very well.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for the nice review. I apologize for the few issues during installation. That is very rare. However, I am happy our installer was able to get everything handled. Please don't hesitate to call us with any questions.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I had the Ascent Stairlifts installed in October and I liked the people who did the installation. One of them had indicated that the chair was not properly put together for him. He had to do all the wiring, so it took him all day. At first, he didn't tell me about it so I grew impatient. I wish he told me earlier so I could've sent the unit back and got another one so we're done. When I got home, it worked okay, but then the seatbelt doesn't hook. I couldn't get it to work so I couldn’t have my mother use it. Then there was a piece that didn’t work as well and he had to order that piece, so I had to wait another two weeks to get that done. But once it got installed, there hasn't been any issue of it stopping and my 93-year old mother is comfortable with it. It has given my mother the independence to get upstairs safely. And, it is quiet and I like it being that.

Ascent Stairlifts is a company right here in Franconia, New Hampshire. They were very good and they were very prompt. They came when they said they were coming. They have very good communication and I didn't have any issues there at all. I like the lady I spoke to. When I asked how much it was, she just told me how much it costs and what the product was. She answered all my questions and didn't leave anything out. Most places that I've called were all excuses. Then she sent me the information email to look at what the stairlift looked like and how it worked so I pretty much knew what I was getting, and I didn't feel they needed to do any assessment. I would recommend them.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for the positive review!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I contacted Ascent Stairlifts then they contacted me back, gave me everything I needed and they didn't hound me at all. They had a guy local in the area that came and installed the stairlifts and he did a great job. There was absolutely no problem.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you! We really appreciate your business.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

The salesperson of Ascent Stairlifts was personable. The installation team was courteous and they also cleaned up after themselves.

Ascent Stairlifts

We appreciate the positive review!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Ascent Stairlifts' the only way my husband could get up and down the stairs because he's paralyzed. I chose them because they were a lot less expensive and were efficient on how quick the stairlift was able to be installed. My husband was in the hospital coming home when we decided, "Oh, no. We got to get from the top level all the way down to the basement." I like that it was one unit since we almost went with two. But it's so much smarter just to do one because he's not like an elderly person that could just get up and transfer to the next one. He needs to be transferred being paralyzed. So the smoothness is great and I like that it levels itself out. I just wish it was faster.

Ascent Stairlifts

Glad everything went smoothly and our price was the lowest!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

We've had good luck with Ascent Stairlifts so far and we are pleased. We submitted three bids to the long-term care insurance, and they selected Ascent Stairlifts mainly because their price was the lowest. The guy that came out for the installation was very efficient and we did not have any problems.

Thank you!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Ascent Stairlifts is great. It's working fine and has been a lifesaver for us and for my mother-in-law. I definitely would recommend them.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for the very nice review. We are very happy to hear you are enjoying your new stairlift!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I got quotes from a couple of people and the salesperson that came out from Ascent Stairlifts that day was awesome. She was friendly and helpful. My dad wasn't real sure he wanted one but she helped him understand how important and helpful it would be. And then the installer was also awesome. They cleaned up everything and I was really impressed. My dad got the hang of it now and he zips up and down. I would refer them to anyone, anytime.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for the positive review. The manual hinge does have some flex at the very bottom. It sounds like what you are experiencing is perfectly normal. Feel free to call us with any questions! 888-380-7227

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

There were two incidents where I almost fell down the stairs and there were about nine steps there so I would've been injured. We decided to get a stairlift and our son told us that he knew Ascent Stairlifts. He told us to go to them and order it. We did and he paid for it. Now that I've got it, I use it two or three times a day, coming up and down the stairs. It's come in real handy and I'd be lost without it. The installation team did pretty good, however, I was thinking about calling them back. Our stairlift functions very well but we've got one of those fold-down extensions at the bottom of the lift and sometimes it doesn't seem like it's got enough support. That last section dips about four inches and it's like it's going to twist. They might stick another brace under there but I imagine that's probably the way the thing is designed.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for the nice review. We hope you are enjoying your new stairlift!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

The Ascent stairlift is very good from my point of view, but my husband hated it because he didn’t like doing it. The machine itself is fine and it does everything it is supposed to do. It blends in well too. When my husband went to an assisted living facility, I unplugged the stairlift but it kept beeping at me. I plugged it back in and now it’s all quiet. Other than that, it was all excellent.

Ascent Stairlifts

We are glad to hear you are satisfied with your purchase. Thank you for the positive review.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

The Ascent Stairlifts installation team was very nice. They came in and blew through it in a very short period of time. The stairlift looks good. It was as we expected it to be and we're content with it.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for the nice review. We are happy to hear you are satisfied with your stairlift purchase.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I enjoy the Ascent stairlift I got. It’s awesome. Ascent's customer service rep was really nice and accommodating so I went with them. She answered as soon as I talked to her. She answered my questions and, if she didn’t know, she went and got an answer. The other ones didn’t get back to me or took a long time doing it. It was annoying. When taking pictures or trying to get everything together, I like a quick answer and I couldn’t get them to respond. Ascent's installer did a great job. He took very little time doing it. He was awesome and a really nice guy.

My mother-in-law moved in and on days when she says she can’t make it, I put her on that stairlift and smile. My stairlift is durable, looks great and fits like a glove. It does exactly what they say it would do and Ascent made sure that it fits. I sent them pictures and they talked to me about it, and when the installer came, there were no questions. He knew exactly what he was supposed to do and knew what he was facing. I’ve had people come to install things and they don’t know what they’re doing. The left hand doesn’t talk to the right hand and they have no idea what’s going on. With Ascent, everything is working as promised. It's great because I got exactly what I paid for. I’m very pleased.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for the nice review. We are glad you are happy with your purchase. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

The Ascent Stairlift has been working fine but I've noticed the last couple of weeks when it gets down to the bottom it gets bumpy and I don't know if that's supposed to be like that or not. We had to have the remote replaced but other than that, it's been working well.

Expert Review

Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.    More about Shelley→

Ascent Stairlifts has been providing stairlift products since 2008. It offers a variety of lifts to meet users' needs and services the entire United States.

• They offer 24/7 tech support: Users can contact a technician at any time of the day or night to help resolve problems with the stairlift.
  • Straight stairlift experts: Users who have straight staircases can choose from several straight stairlift options, allowing them to choose the model that best meets their needs.
  • Quality products: All of Ascent's stairlifts are high quality and meet safety standards. The lifts come with two remote controls, safety edges, seat belts, diagnostic capabilities and parts and labor warranties.
  • Reconditioned lifts may be available: Users can save money by purchasing a lift that is reconditioned rather than one that is brand new. Reconditioned lifts are subject to availability.
  • Payment options: Users have a variety of payment options, including credit card, check, electronic check, Paypal and Paypal Credit.
  • Best for people with limited mobility and people with heart or lung issues.

Ascent Stairlifts Company Profile