Armstrong Moving & Storage

Since the mid-1940's, Armstrong Moving and Storage has provided residential and corporate moving services becoming what is known today as one of the most experienced cross-country movers in the market. With over 50 trucks and 206 employees, we are well-equipped to handle your moving and storage needs.

Ask about our complimentary 30-day storage program, and find out how we can make your move stress-free.

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had a moving company come to my house and do a walk-through for my residential moving. They told me how much it would cost based on what I had. Armstrong asked to see a copy of that and they matched it. The movers came but it was a bait-and-switch. They put all my stuff on a truck and then proceeded to tell me that I was way over the estimate. I'm pretty much held captive as I had already told my landlord I was moving out and there was nothing I can do about it. I ended up paying twice as much as what they bid the job at.

Then, they take all your furniture back to their warehouse where they wait to find other loads that are going in the general vicinity of where you live and then they put it all on a truck. If there are no Armstrong trucks, they put it on a dispatch board and shop it out to another trucking company, which is what happened to my load. My stuff wasn't delivered by an Armstrong truck despite paying twice. If I knew that they were going to be that kind of company, I would have continued looking elsewhere. So they come in, pulled up, unloaded every box from the truck and I never heard from anybody ever again. I had a box full of broken dishes. There were no instructions on how to place a claim on damaged goods. I would not refer them to a friend and I would not use them again. Disappointing.

Armstrong Moving & Storage was referred to us by a relocation company, and I've had two moves with them, one of which was horrible. I can’t get a hold of anybody to tell them about my television that got a bit broken. I called three different numbers over the course of a couple of weeks and nobody got back with us. I was very dissatisfied.

Armstrong Moving & Storage had the best rating for the Better Business Bureau. When I used them for interstate moving, my moving consultant and their team were very professional. It took a little longer than I had hoped but overall, my experience was positive. I’ve already recommended them to a friend.

I was moving cross-country and I looked for a moving company who had a good rating. I called and spoke to maybe six of them to get an estimate. The person from Armstrong was more direct about what things would cost. It ended up costing three times as much as I thought however but it's because we had more material or household goods than I estimated. My original estimate was about $7,000, but I combined my move with my sons and he did have so much things and they charged me by how much basic stuff could fill the truck. My move ended up costing $19,500.

The initial person I spoke to, Deanna, was very nice and called me back when she said she would. We discussed my move and when I had a question, I was able to talk to her directly. The movers were also very nice and helpful. They worked really hard and they did whatever was asked of them. They dropped a box of glass plates during delivery but they were old plates which really weren't worth anything. So I just threw them away and I didn't file a claim for that.

My only issue is that once something was missing, it was difficult to get a response from someone. Armstrong Moving & Storage's Customer Service has been awful in getting back to me. They lost a piece of my table which is used to connect the top to the base. The mover said they packed it and the customer manager suggested we look through everything and call her back in a couple of days. We did look through all our things but it's not there. When I called back to the manager, she said I could file a claim and then gave me the information for a place to file a claim online. Once I told them my information, the claim company called. A representative called me and said they don't even represent Armstrong. So I called and left a message for the customer service manager at Armstrong two days ago and she still hasn't called me back.

For that money we paid Armstrong, I expected a bit more customer service. At some point I expected them to buy me another table. I don't want a high-end table, just something similar to what I have which I got from Pier One 13 years ago. I'm not really sure how this is all gonna end. I guess they'll have to figure out who takes care of their claims, and I have to find out who that is and go through the process again of filing a claim online. Hopefully, they'll give me the right information this time.

I understand that things happen during a move. But I can't recommend them to anyone just based on what happened with the customer service end of it, which still has not been resolved after almost a month. I regret that since up to that point, everyone was very nice and helpful. I judge businesses by how they resolve issues or difficulty, that's where I think they're failing on my end. They could have asked the worth of the table, sent a check to buy another, and apologize. But that didn't happen. And even if I claim and they pay me per pound, it's just gonna reach $6.00 - I can't get my table together for that. I also didn't buy extra insurance because the price of the move was way out of my budget.

Our move was very large. It was 1,000 cubic feet and the cost was a total of $5,700. I was shopping online, getting quotes from different companies. The gentleman from Armstrong I spoke to was friendly, the quote and the reviews looked good, and the website looked legitimate. I know there are experts like Texas Relocation coming out of Texas, but I chose Armstrong by good review and instinct. However, I was quoted about 500 cubic feet and then I was over a 1,000, so the quote was double the price. I wanted a quote where they can come in my home and guarantee me a rate and then pick all my stuff up, and that wasn't done that way. If I would've known it was like that, I would have left so much stuff behind.

My pickup wasn't easy, and the house has a second and third storey. But the guy at the pickup was so nice. He really took care of me and went the extra mile for a lot of the stuff. The labelling system on the boxes was very good. In addition, the delivery experience was very good and it was better than the pickup. It took the delivery crew four hours doing the delivery. We're happy because the delivery was fine. There was a holiday in between the Fourth of July and things got a little delayed by a couple of days, but the move was really good, and Armstrong communicated properly. Plus, my goods were handled pretty well although some things were broken, but that happens in any move - it's just minor things that can be broken, and everything else was intact. The time, the communication, and the rate were good. Armstrong Moving was courteous, friendly, and gave excellent service. It was a positive experience, and everything went well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Armstrong Moving & Storage?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I was Googling moving storage companies and came across Armstrong's website. I called them up and they gave me a quote. I used their packing and moving service. The guy I worked with over the phone, Armando, was very helpful. He gave me a quote based on what I told him over the phone. The moving guys were very professional and courteous, and they came on time. Everything that they moved out of my house was packed up really neatly, and they jotted it down. They gave me a price on how much the move would be. I paid a portion of it up front, and then I paid the rest once they delivered my stuff to the place I’m living at now. It has been an awesome experience. If I will be moving out-of-state again, I will use them again.

Armstrong Moving Company did a pretty fantastic job of moving all our items from our first home to the final destination. Their staff was professional and very meticulous in the planning and with the information they took down. They gave us an itemized list, a very clear upfront pricing, and an estimate of how much space it would take. They gave us an education about the cubic feet in each truck and how they normally pack and how they will put our things into the truck based on the cubic feet. They gave us a good idea about their service before hand. The movers were on time and were very easy to interact with. It was a rainy day and they did a pretty good job. I highly recommend them to my friends.

We moved from New Jersey to Florida and we used Armstrong Moving because of its price and availability. I had to use their packing services towards the end because I couldn’t do the packing on time. However, they may have been inexperienced with packing pictures. I had to help the guys so they wouldn’t hurt my photos. Then one of the brackets in the cabinet sewing machine is broken. They didn’t wrap it, they just packaged it up and took it, and just shook all over the place.

They also told us that they ship by weight, so there were a lot of things we didn’t take. But then when they came, they told us they ship by space within the van, and that was a big problem because I got rid of a lot of stuff I would’ve brought. Then when they brought things off the truck, there was no way to check it off as they brought everything as fast as they could. I am missing a big picture and I didn’t know where it is and you can’t prove anything because they didn’t check the things.

But everything was fine and they were very pleasant. The packing guys were very nice and kind and the delivery guys were excellent too. It cost a lot more than what we thought it would be, probably because we had them pack some stuff. I would also recommend that they should at least send someone out before the move so they can go over what we’re shipping. They do everything over the phone so they relied upon the homeowner to tell them what they were shipping, and that’s not always accurate. They were a typical moving company.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Armstrong Moving has been in business for almost 50 years, and opened their New York headquarters in 2009. They specialize in cross-country residential moves. They have offices in New York and Texas.

• Free quote: Interested consumers can visit Armstrong’s website to get a free quote for a move. If they would like an immediate quote, they can call the company’s toll-free number.
  • Moving coordinator: Armstrong provides all customers with a free moving consultant to help them prepare for their move. Moving coordinators have multiple years of experience in the long-distance moving industry.
  • Available services: In addition to general transportation services, Armstrong offers full-service packing options. This service includes all necessary packing materials.
  • Storage options: Customers who will not be immediately ready for their items to be delivered to their new home can utilize Armstrong’s storage options. All moves include 30 days of free storage, and customers can pay for storage for lengths longer than one month and up to one year.
  • Payment: Customers can easily pay for moving services using PayPal. They accept all major credit cards.
  • Best for Armstrong Moving and Storage is best for individuals moving across the country and/or in New York or Texas.

Compare Moving Companies