1.25/5
  • 1 star
Based on 170 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 13, 2017

241 Appliancezone.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Ordered a part, didn't hear anything for 2 weeks. I finally contacted them only to learn it was back-ordered and they had no idea when it would be in. Offered to sell me another version of the part for more money! The old bait and switch! My first clue that this company won't adequately communicate should have been this line in their order confirmation e-mail: If you do not receive an email with tracking information within 3-4 days please contact us for updates on your order.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I ordered two different types of replacement shelves for my refrigerator. A week later they notified me that one of the parts wasn't in stock and that they would have it in 7 business days. I contacted them and told them to ship me the part they did have in stock. They told me then, that they had none of these parts in stock. I asked them to cancel my order. 3 weeks later I noticed I had never received a cancellation notice. I contacted them and found out the order hadn't been canceled and the parts still had not come in. I told them to cancel. I got an email back asking me why I wanted to cancel. I said I no longer had a need for the parts and asked them to honor my cancellation request.

The next day I got an email saying they found one of the part numbers in stock and would mail the order out immediately. I sent them an email saying I had canceled the order. I received two more emails telling me that they could mail out half the order immediately. I HAVE JUST EMAILED MY 5TH REQUEST TO CANCEL THIS ORDER! Under no circumstances will I ever have anything to do with this company again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Ordered a hinge for a 10 or so y/o Whirlpool washer, $70. March 5 2017. First it was waiting shipment from the warehouse, then on back order from somewhere, then farmed out to be fabricated from scratch. Finally gave up on October 6th after being strung along for six months with intimidating messages from AZ that we'd "lose our priority position if we cancelled". Finally realized that the part would never materialize. Which is also true of our refund. It has not materialized either after 2 weeks. Next step, contacting the Indiana attorney general's office for some help.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Ordered a controller for a washing machine from ApplianceZone.com. Arrived and didn't function. LED light would not come on. Didn't want to wait another week for a replacement part so took a store credit and purchased locally. Later ordered a dryer part along with some hand cleaner. Hand cleaner was backordered so they DELAYED THE ENTIRE SHIPMENT! Meanwhile I have a mountain of laundry piled up. NO ABILITY TO EXPEDITE THE SHIPPING. NO OVERNIGHT SHIPPING. Poor customer service. AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Ordered replacement parts for appliance. Spent extra for expedited shipping. My appliance is all taken apart with parts all over my kitchen and I'm watching for delivery which is now overdue. I contact them to track it only to find that it's been back ordered. No live person to talk to but their live chat function seemed to work, but only with canned responses. We'll see if I get my refund. Back to square one for me.

Updated on 11/08/2017: Order was canceled. No refund in over 30 days. Requested again through their chat service. Will post if refund given.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Appliancezone.com?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Ordered part on August 8, 2017. Funds were withdrawn on August 10, 2017. Today is September 4, 2017 and I have not received the four replacement knobs for my stove. Their website is like the first one to show up, DECEIVING the consumer of their business with false advertisement. No way to talk to anyone other than filling out an inquiry on their website. You don't receive a confirmation email with an order number. That was my first suspicion. After reading reviews, realized that's what this company do.

Sounds like they're just one big scam. If they get 50 - 100 people a day to spend $20 a day, I can only imagine the money they are scamming. WOW! I don't understand why they are able to still be in business with all the supposedly big brother internet supervision we supposedly have. Looks like this is the business to get into. Making a $1000 a day scamming consumers without anyone looking into it. That mean I can make an easy $360,000 plus a year. WOW! SOMEBODY MAKE IT STOP PLEASE!

Original review: July 25, 2017

I ordered one Samsung filter for my refrigerator. The price was $42.50. They immediately charged my bank account $42.50 TWICE. They have no phone number or any way to get in touch with them. Now I have no merchandise and no money. What can I do to get my money back? They sent an order number ** but no way to get into with them. I am very sorry I ordered from them.

Original review: July 15, 2017

Ordered two Pur Water Filters for my KitchenAid fridge. After 3 weeks with no delivery contacted customer no-service through their Chat line. (I can see now why they don't want to talk to people). They said filters were on back order so I decided to order from someone else and canceled the order. Then they emailed me back and advised that I would be out at the back of the line if I canceled the order and I emailed them back and confirmed I wanted to cancel the order.

Then two weeks later I get an email confirming they had shipped the order. Tried to stop the shipment through their virtual customer no-service department but you can guess how that went. Knowing their RETURN POLICY is a bunch of CRAP I decided to just keep them and not go through a coronary trying to send them back. Opened the box and found they had shipped some CHEAP generic filters that it could have purchased from a dozen places for $15.00 a piece instead of the $44.00 I paid. Stay far away from this company.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Lost AC window kit for LG portable AC. Found Appliance Zone online and decided to order a new kit to replace mine. The good thing that to order was easy because I paid by PayPal Credit. The price was very high 130 USD but it was a free shipping. After 7-8 days package came by FedEx. Immediately open and trip to put on and hook up with my LG AC. The hole for pipe is fits perfectly but I could not fix and stabilize the window slide to stay on the window because it was something missing maybe screws or similar to keep panels stay and not to slide down.

Next day immediately contact seller by annoying emails that I have missing hardware. Took pictures, send it, model and other info. The customer service online were nice but sooo limited. No phone to contact available. Took a few days them to finally responded to me back. All I wanted to get a missing pieces or something but instead they told me that the whole window kit was bad which is not true. After I decided to return what I got the worst problem that some rep told me that I get a store credit which I did not wanted to go back to them again and finally I sent it back.

Paid 28 bucks for return and they got it back last Monday. I sent email asking, "Where is my refund?" and they responded back that refund will take 5-10 days to get it back. Bad experience. Bad, limited communication and very slow response to partial replacement only for the hardware and not for a whole kit. But apparently it was not available. Right now just waiting for my refund and item they got back on Monday and today is Friday June 15 and still nothing is back. All my order experience was such a hassle and I cannot recommend this type of service.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I ordered a idler pulley for my dryer that broke down. When I inquired about when it would arrive I was then told that it was out of stock and it could be 2 weeks or more before I would receive. I told them that if they would show that it was not in stock on their website like other businesses do I would not have ordered it in the first place. Who is going to wait 2 weeks or more for a simple part with a broken dryer? The said they could cancel the order and I told them to do that. They said that they would "process the request".

After more than a week and no refund I checked my account on their website and it showed I had never placed any orders with them let alone anything about having it canceled or refunded. I then contacted the credit card co. and filed to have the charges reversed. Stay away from these people. No ethics, no customer service. The other reports on here are well founded. After more than a week and no refund I contacted the credit card co. to get the charges reversed.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I have ordered a timer for my Maytag washer, I didn't even used it because I changed my mind and ordered a new washer. Sent part back and no money was refunded to me. I emailed them and they claimed that part was used. They kept my money and also part. These people are thieves and ripping people off. I just wished I had read reviews before I ordered from them.

Original review: March 15, 2017

DO NOT BUY FROM APPLIANCE ZONE! They sent me a heating element which was faulty (had a hot spot at the front of the element) and it melted the inside of my dishwasher, causing it to leak. I now need to buy a new dishwasher because their part ruined my perfectly working, 2 year old dishwasher. They are refusing to comp me for a new dishwasher in exchange for the return of the faulty part (so they can run some tests). This part is very dangerous and could have caused a fire. It's not worth the risk of buying a part from Appliance Zone (or ERP, the part manufacturer) if it may destroy your appliance, or worse, set your house on fire. Go elsewhere. (Note: I have also filed a complaint with the FTC as this is a huge safety concern and they aren't addressing the problem properly.)

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I wish I would have found this place before making an order from Appliance Zone. I made my order 2 months ago and I still haven't gotten it. My order was for a part that I need for my dishwasher, a silverware holder. They also stink at updating you on your order especially if it's not there. When I made my order I waited the two weeks, nothing happened. So I sent them an email asking where it was. They didn't respond till a week after saying that they were out of stock and are sending me one from the main company. I checked in every week, and it's the same answer.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

Ordered a timer for GE washer. Website claimed an O.E.M. # (WE4M533). Part lasted all of 10 minutes. Chat with the rep and once part is installed they won't refund or replace. Said to mail part back so a tech can check it out. After reading this site, have to believe just another scam.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

Our refrigerator broke down & there was a buzzing from the capacitor, so I ordered from Appliancezone.com because with expedited shipping they had the best price & fastest turn around time. Since our fridge had to be emptied into several coolers & iced down, I paid extra for 1-2 day shipping. I ordered it on Tuesday afternoon; it was not even shipped until Thursday. By the time it finally arrived on Saturday, I had been able to get a repairman out to look at the fridge. To my surprise, he found no problem with the existing capacitor. I contacted Appliancezone & requested return authorization. From reading another review out here, it seems that they have a canned response that they give people telling them that if it's not in the original packaging & if it was plugged in (even if it was just plugged into the start relay, but not plugged into the wall) that it was "used" & they would just have to throw it away.

The lady also said that because it was shipped on the 10th & arrived on the 12th, I received 2 day shipping & I couldn't get a refund for the shipping. Then they offer me $5 store credit as if I would do business with this company again! I'm a business owner, so I know as well as anyone that refunds suck. Sometimes, though, I believe you just need to do what you have to in order to take care of your customer. Unfortunately, they don't agree.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Wish I had found this site before ordering parts through ApplianceZone.com. I have the same problem as many others have reported, got the wrong part and when I emailed them they said return it in the original package and if their technician says it was not installed they would refund the money. If it looked like it may have been installed they would throw it away! This part was not installed but to play it safe (don't want my $197.00 tossed in the garbage) I had 3 local technicians look the part over and was told by 2 that it looked new to them and the other said it may have been installed before. That was enough to let me know how subjective the return policy is at ApplianceZone, that it is left to an opinion.

Still needing the part I ordered one from Partsimple, got a better price, delivered on time, was actually able to talk to someone on the phone, and was told before ordering that if there was any problem with the part it could be returned for a full refund. I will never attempt to do business with ApplianceZone again and would highly recommend that others look for another company to do business with.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2016

I want to start off by saying I have had many positive purchases online over the years. This is one company, however, that I recommend staying away from. I purchased a dryer timer, which was comparably priced with other online companies at the time that I purchased it. I discovered, while waiting for the part to arrive, that my problem was not the timer but another part that was causing my problem. When the timer arrived, I did open the box but repackaged (without installing) and sent it back to the company requesting a refund.

They denied (without contacting me, I had to contact them) the refund saying that I installed the product. This is very dishonest and obviously they will turn around and resell this product. I returned this item in good faith but didn't realize I was dealing with dishonest people. A last note: because you state over and over that returns will not be given on used or installed items does not give license to deny all returns regardless. Again, my item had not been installed or used! BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: July 14, 2016

I purchased a remote for my air conditioner from them. When it didn't work I suggested that it might be because the battery was dead. Encouraged by them to do so, I purchased a new battery costing me $4.76 and requested a refund to my credit card. They would "only" give me an "In Store Credit" which is totally "useless" to me as I most certainly will never do business with them again.

Original review: June 26, 2016

Most parts listed on the site are out of stock. The thing is they leave them listed as 'In Stock'. It's intentional. Do NOT expect your part any time soon!

Original review: May 31, 2016

I ordered a part online and it showed that the item would ship within 1 week. The weird thing is I did not receive an email confirmation of my order. Well 6 weeks went by and I still did not receive my order. I looked through my Paypal transactions and found that I ordered the part through Appliance Zone. I contacted Appliance Zone customer service and canceled the order as they informed me it was backordered. I expected if they could not meet their obligation shipping my order within a week that I would have been contacted and notified that my part was backordered and given a heads up. That never happened. The good thing is when I contacted them and canceled the order they immediately refunded the amount I paid for the item.

Original review: May 25, 2016

I ordered a part from Appliance Zone back in July 2015. The part was wrong so I ordered the correct part. Got authorization to return unused part. Said they would send me a refund. Provided proof of tracking number for carrier, (lucky that I kept it handy) and kept promising to send me a refund. After 8 months of promises and no refund I decided to go through my credit card to get my refund. Guess what today I got the credit on my credit card. Don't send cash, check, or money order or debit card. When you expect a refund don't expect it to happen so just go through your credit card and get your credit immediately. Luckily my credit card took my complaint seriously and I had proof in several emails where they promised to issue a refund but never did.

Original review: May 16, 2016

I had put in my appliance model number on google and this company came up. When I ordered the item the wrong size came and now they wont let me return it. The customer service is very rude. Would not recommend buying from them.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2015

DO NOT buy anything from this company. First off I ordered a replacement part for my microwave on the site, which did arrive promptly, however it was the wrong color. When contacted, I received the run around asking *me* to prove I received wrong part, then without my knowledge they mailed me the correct part (2 weeks after the fact) instead of issuing me a refund as demanded. At the present still awaiting a refund. Do not buy from them!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2015

Do not purchase from this company if you are not sure you got the right part. No one will talk to you on the phone. They send you a list of requirements to follow if you want to return the part and then tell you, "you will not get a refund." They might as well steal our $$$$. Return Policy: No part(s) may be returned without the Return Authorization obtained by contacting Appliance Zone. Authorization does not guarantee a credit. Any parts returned without obtaining a Return Authorization will be charged a 50% restocking fee. Appliance Zone has the right to refuse any unauthorized package. An unauthorized package is any part return that has not been given an RA number or any part found to have been previously installed/used.

Unauthorized packages may be refused at the warehouse and returned to the sender. Customers may incur the cost of shipping the unauthorized package back to the sender. For items cancelled or returned due to reasons other than an error on our part, the actual cost of shipping will be deducted from the refund and Appliance Zone is not responsible for return postage. Parts in non-OEM packaging will be declined for a refund. I will never do business with this company again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2015

I needed a part for my water heater and was unable to get it locally. After searching the internet and comparing prices and shipping costs Appliance Zone had the best price and would ship with next day delivery. They also said that if you ordered before 4pm it would ship the same day. So being in need for the part, I ordered it thinking that I would get it the next day. It is now the next day and I just got a shipping notice that it has just shipped and I will not get it for 5 days. I contacted them on chat, which is the only way available other than email and I was told that there was trouble with the shipper (UPS) sending it overnight and that when I got it I should contact customer service and they would refund the difference between overnight shipping and the cost of regular shipping.

I then said to send me another one overnight and I would send the original back. They refused. They did finally agree to refund my shipping cost but I still must wait 5 days for the part. The only reason that I ordered from this company was because I could get the part the next day. I will never use this company again and recommend that you do not either.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2015

I ordered the electric board for my dryer but changed my mind about repairing the appliance. I bought a new dryer instead and returned the part to ApplianceZone.com per their return instructions. After waiting for a while for the refund, I contacted them to inquire on the status. They claimed the part was installed and told me that their warehouse "disposed of it." I told them the part was NEVER used -- product was in the exact condition it was received and that I would report to the BBB. They sent me an email back saying they will email their warehouse for more information. Never heard back from them. This is a scam.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

Appliance Zone accepted my order, charged my card $379.50, provide a confirmation, waited 4 days to inform me they did not have the parts in stock. When I cancelled the order, they said it would take 8-10 days for a refund. After 18+ days, I still don't have a refund. 8-10 days to process a refund??? Are you kidding me??? Somehow you have the ability to take my payment immediately, but it takes you almost 3 weeks to give it back??? Are they using customer monies to operate their business, or what?

I ordered a part for my GE range from Appliance Zone on Oct 22, 2015. The part appeared to be in stock (there was no information to the contrary). I received an order confirmation the same day. On Oct 26 (4 days later), they informed me they actually didn't have the part in stock, that it was back-ordered, and would be filled in November. I cancelled the order (not easy). Upon cancelling, I was informed that my money would be refunded in 8-10 days. 15+ days from cancelling, I still don't have the refund, although I did get an email this morning claiming that the refund had processed. This was after contacting them regarding the matter for the 3rd time. I don't see it in my bank account yet.

I'm unhappy that they charged my debit card without informing me they didn't actually have my parts in stock. My assumption is that they use customer's money to fund their inventory. I don't like working with vendors that take my money to operated their business, do not communicate clearly with me regarding product availability, have excessively long refund periods, don't refund when they say they will, and require constant nagging in order to compel them to actually issue the refund. I won't do business with Appliance Zone again.

Resolution response: Oct. 15, 2015

Escalating this complaint to the President of the company allowed for a quick resolution. A complete refund was issued right after Jim ** got involved. Thanks very much, Jim!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2015

I ordered online a recommended repair part for my Whirlpool Cabrio automatic clothes washer using their link. After paying for the item, I noticed within 5 min it was the wrong part, and contacted Customer Support supplying the invoice #, incorrect and correct part numbers, and model # of my washer. I was told they can't add/alter an order after placement since it is immediately routed to their warehouses to be filled. But the warehouse is closed on Saturday! They asked me to request an order cancellation using another link, which I did, but this link clearly specified that, "We can cancel your order only if your item(s) is on BackOrder." I have never had this level of bad customer support with their ridiculously unfriendly policy regarding order cancellations or changes. I will initiate a dispute of their credit card charge with VISA after the order is placed. Beware dealing with this company.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2015

Wow, I wish I could have put zero stars. Check this out. Yesterday morning I order a seal for my washing machine. A couple hours later, I get an email that they don't even have the part I ordered. So terrible experience and shows me a website that can't manage their inventory, but it gets worse. As a business owner, I know how easy it is to void an order at the merchant account interface the same day it was placed. They tell me the credit department will process my refund - odd 'coz I didn't buy anything, but ok.

So today I check and sure enough, they took my money! Support tells me to read the terms and conditions that state 7-10 days on refunds. But wait... I didn't buy anything so you want to take my money and keep it for 10 days? Are you fricking kidding me? Holy crap, any company with decent support would recognize the inconvenience they caused by not having the product I wanted and take care of me? Not this place. So I'm literally waiting and the last email I was told to be patient by Brittany ** in the support team. Well I'm patiently writing bad reviews on this company until I get my money back.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

I placed an order for an blower fan as their website came up first on a google search for the part number. Pricing was competitive so I continued on. When I emailed to check the status of the order a couple days later, I was told that the item had been on a "slight back order" from the manufacturer, but to rest assured knowing that it was on its way to them to be shipped to me. At that time I requested that the order be cancelled. They responded that the item was on a "true back order" and did not qualify for cancellation.

I filed a claim with Paypal and again requested that my order be cancelled. The claim service on Paypal allows the sender 10 days to provide a true tracking number for the item. They were able to provide Paypal the information so my claim was denied. I am truly disgusted that this company was able to make financial gain from me. I will do all I can to discourage anyone from using Appliancezone.com and please learn from my mistake.

Appliancezone.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2008, Appliancezone.com is one of the fastest growing retail companies in America. They are one of the leading suppliers for appliance parts.

• Quality customer service: Their website guarantees a 10 minute response time when customers fill out the online contact form.

• Low cost parts: Appliancezone.com offers a low price guarantee on all of their products.

• Inexpensive shipping: Thirty warehouses nationwide allow Appliancezone.com to ship packages flat rate and still offer fast delivery times.

• Discount programs available: Get parts even cheaper with a membership in the AZ Member Advantage plus program.

• Big catalog: Appliancezone.com can help identify the parts customer's need part and may have it in stock.

• Best for: Frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs