Appliancezone.com

Compare Appliance Stores

Research top Appliance Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Ordered a timer for GE washer. Website claimed an O.E.M. # (WE4M533). Part lasted all of 10 minutes. Chat with the rep and once part is installed they won't refund or replace. Said to mail part back so a tech can check it out. After reading this site, have to believe just another scam.

Our refrigerator broke down & there was a buzzing from the capacitor, so I ordered from Appliancezone.com because with expedited shipping they had the best price & fastest turn around time. Since our fridge had to be emptied into several coolers & iced down, I paid extra for 1-2 day shipping. I ordered it on Tuesday afternoon; it was not even shipped until Thursday. By the time it finally arrived on Saturday, I had been able to get a repairman out to look at the fridge. To my surprise, he found no problem with the existing capacitor. I contacted Appliancezone & requested return authorization. From reading another review out here, it seems that they have a canned response that they give people telling them that if it's not in the original packaging & if it was plugged in (even if it was just plugged into the start relay, but not plugged into the wall) that it was "used" & they would just have to throw it away.

The lady also said that because it was shipped on the 10th & arrived on the 12th, I received 2 day shipping & I couldn't get a refund for the shipping. Then they offer me $5 store credit as if I would do business with this company again! I'm a business owner, so I know as well as anyone that refunds suck. Sometimes, though, I believe you just need to do what you have to in order to take care of your customer. Unfortunately, they don't agree.

Wish I had found this site before ordering parts through ApplianceZone.com. I have the same problem as many others have reported, got the wrong part and when I emailed them they said return it in the original package and if their technician says it was not installed they would refund the money. If it looked like it may have been installed they would throw it away! This part was not installed but to play it safe (don't want my $197.00 tossed in the garbage) I had 3 local technicians look the part over and was told by 2 that it looked new to them and the other said it may have been installed before. That was enough to let me know how subjective the return policy is at ApplianceZone, that it is left to an opinion.

Still needing the part I ordered one from Partsimple, got a better price, delivered on time, was actually able to talk to someone on the phone, and was told before ordering that if there was any problem with the part it could be returned for a full refund. I will never attempt to do business with ApplianceZone again and would highly recommend that others look for another company to do business with.

I want to start off by saying I have had many positive purchases online over the years. This is one company, however, that I recommend staying away from. I purchased a dryer timer, which was comparably priced with other online companies at the time that I purchased it. I discovered, while waiting for the part to arrive, that my problem was not the timer but another part that was causing my problem. When the timer arrived, I did open the box but repackaged (without installing) and sent it back to the company requesting a refund.

They denied (without contacting me, I had to contact them) the refund saying that I installed the product. This is very dishonest and obviously they will turn around and resell this product. I returned this item in good faith but didn't realize I was dealing with dishonest people. A last note: because you state over and over that returns will not be given on used or installed items does not give license to deny all returns regardless. Again, my item had not been installed or used! BUYER BEWARE!

I purchased a remote for my air conditioner from them. When it didn't work I suggested that it might be because the battery was dead. Encouraged by them to do so, I purchased a new battery costing me $4.76 and requested a refund to my credit card. They would "only" give me an "In Store Credit" which is totally "useless" to me as I most certainly will never do business with them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Appliancezone.com?

Most parts listed on the site are out of stock. The thing is they leave them listed as 'In Stock'. It's intentional. Do NOT expect your part any time soon!

I ordered a part online and it showed that the item would ship within 1 week. The weird thing is I did not receive an email confirmation of my order. Well 6 weeks went by and I still did not receive my order. I looked through my Paypal transactions and found that I ordered the part through Appliance Zone. I contacted Appliance Zone customer service and canceled the order as they informed me it was backordered. I expected if they could not meet their obligation shipping my order within a week that I would have been contacted and notified that my part was backordered and given a heads up. That never happened. The good thing is when I contacted them and canceled the order they immediately refunded the amount I paid for the item.

I ordered a part from Appliance Zone back in July 2015. The part was wrong so I ordered the correct part. Got authorization to return unused part. Said they would send me a refund. Provided proof of tracking number for carrier, (lucky that I kept it handy) and kept promising to send me a refund. After 8 months of promises and no refund I decided to go through my credit card to get my refund. Guess what today I got the credit on my credit card. Don't send cash, check, or money order or debit card. When you expect a refund don't expect it to happen so just go through your credit card and get your credit immediately. Luckily my credit card took my complaint seriously and I had proof in several emails where they promised to issue a refund but never did.

I had put in my appliance model number on google and this company came up. When I ordered the item the wrong size came and now they wont let me return it. The customer service is very rude. Would not recommend buying from them.

DO NOT buy anything from this company. First off I ordered a replacement part for my microwave on the site, which did arrive promptly, however it was the wrong color. When contacted, I received the run around asking *me* to prove I received wrong part, then without my knowledge they mailed me the correct part (2 weeks after the fact) instead of issuing me a refund as demanded. At the present still awaiting a refund. Do not buy from them!

Do not purchase from this company if you are not sure you got the right part. No one will talk to you on the phone. They send you a list of requirements to follow if you want to return the part and then tell you, "you will not get a refund." They might as well steal our $$$$. Return Policy: No part(s) may be returned without the Return Authorization obtained by contacting Appliance Zone. Authorization does not guarantee a credit. Any parts returned without obtaining a Return Authorization will be charged a 50% restocking fee. Appliance Zone has the right to refuse any unauthorized package. An unauthorized package is any part return that has not been given an RA number or any part found to have been previously installed/used.

Unauthorized packages may be refused at the warehouse and returned to the sender. Customers may incur the cost of shipping the unauthorized package back to the sender. For items cancelled or returned due to reasons other than an error on our part, the actual cost of shipping will be deducted from the refund and Appliance Zone is not responsible for return postage. Parts in non-OEM packaging will be declined for a refund. I will never do business with this company again.

I needed a part for my water heater and was unable to get it locally. After searching the internet and comparing prices and shipping costs Appliance Zone had the best price and would ship with next day delivery. They also said that if you ordered before 4pm it would ship the same day. So being in need for the part, I ordered it thinking that I would get it the next day. It is now the next day and I just got a shipping notice that it has just shipped and I will not get it for 5 days. I contacted them on chat, which is the only way available other than email and I was told that there was trouble with the shipper (UPS) sending it overnight and that when I got it I should contact customer service and they would refund the difference between overnight shipping and the cost of regular shipping.

I then said to send me another one overnight and I would send the original back. They refused. They did finally agree to refund my shipping cost but I still must wait 5 days for the part. The only reason that I ordered from this company was because I could get the part the next day. I will never use this company again and recommend that you do not either.

I ordered the electric board for my dryer but changed my mind about repairing the appliance. I bought a new dryer instead and returned the part to ApplianceZone.com per their return instructions. After waiting for a while for the refund, I contacted them to inquire on the status. They claimed the part was installed and told me that their warehouse "disposed of it." I told them the part was NEVER used -- product was in the exact condition it was received and that I would report to the BBB. They sent me an email back saying they will email their warehouse for more information. Never heard back from them. This is a scam.

Appliance Zone accepted my order, charged my card $379.50, provide a confirmation, waited 4 days to inform me they did not have the parts in stock. When I cancelled the order, they said it would take 8-10 days for a refund. After 18+ days, I still don't have a refund. 8-10 days to process a refund??? Are you kidding me??? Somehow you have the ability to take my payment immediately, but it takes you almost 3 weeks to give it back??? Are they using customer monies to operate their business, or what?

I ordered a part for my GE range from Appliance Zone on Oct 22, 2015. The part appeared to be in stock (there was no information to the contrary). I received an order confirmation the same day. On Oct 26 (4 days later), they informed me they actually didn't have the part in stock, that it was back-ordered, and would be filled in November. I cancelled the order (not easy). Upon cancelling, I was informed that my money would be refunded in 8-10 days. 15+ days from cancelling, I still don't have the refund, although I did get an email this morning claiming that the refund had processed. This was after contacting them regarding the matter for the 3rd time. I don't see it in my bank account yet.

I'm unhappy that they charged my debit card without informing me they didn't actually have my parts in stock. My assumption is that they use customer's money to fund their inventory. I don't like working with vendors that take my money to operated their business, do not communicate clearly with me regarding product availability, have excessively long refund periods, don't refund when they say they will, and require constant nagging in order to compel them to actually issue the refund. I won't do business with Appliance Zone again.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Escalating this complaint to the President of the company allowed for a quick resolution. A complete refund was issued right after Jim ** got involved. Thanks very much, Jim!

Jerry of San Diego, CA on

Original Review

I ordered online a recommended repair part for my Whirlpool Cabrio automatic clothes washer using their link. After paying for the item, I noticed within 5 min it was the wrong part, and contacted Customer Support supplying the invoice #, incorrect and correct part numbers, and model # of my washer. I was told they can't add/alter an order after placement since it is immediately routed to their warehouses to be filled. But the warehouse is closed on Saturday! They asked me to request an order cancellation using another link, which I did, but this link clearly specified that, "We can cancel your order only if your item(s) is on BackOrder." I have never had this level of bad customer support with their ridiculously unfriendly policy regarding order cancellations or changes. I will initiate a dispute of their credit card charge with VISA after the order is placed. Beware dealing with this company.

Wow, I wish I could have put zero stars. Check this out. Yesterday morning I order a seal for my washing machine. A couple hours later, I get an email that they don't even have the part I ordered. So terrible experience and shows me a website that can't manage their inventory, but it gets worse. As a business owner, I know how easy it is to void an order at the merchant account interface the same day it was placed. They tell me the credit department will process my refund - odd 'coz I didn't buy anything, but ok.

So today I check and sure enough, they took my money! Support tells me to read the terms and conditions that state 7-10 days on refunds. But wait... I didn't buy anything so you want to take my money and keep it for 10 days? Are you fricking kidding me? Holy crap, any company with decent support would recognize the inconvenience they caused by not having the product I wanted and take care of me? Not this place. So I'm literally waiting and the last email I was told to be patient by Brittany ** in the support team. Well I'm patiently writing bad reviews on this company until I get my money back.

I placed an order for an blower fan as their website came up first on a google search for the part number. Pricing was competitive so I continued on. When I emailed to check the status of the order a couple days later, I was told that the item had been on a "slight back order" from the manufacturer, but to rest assured knowing that it was on its way to them to be shipped to me. At that time I requested that the order be cancelled. They responded that the item was on a "true back order" and did not qualify for cancellation.

I filed a claim with Paypal and again requested that my order be cancelled. The claim service on Paypal allows the sender 10 days to provide a true tracking number for the item. They were able to provide Paypal the information so my claim was denied. I am truly disgusted that this company was able to make financial gain from me. I will do all I can to discourage anyone from using Appliancezone.com and please learn from my mistake.

I have ordered several replacement parts from ApplianceZone.com for my Frigidaire refrigerator. They always had the parts I've needed and shipping was incredibly fast. I've never had to deal with customer service or return any items. I don't expect much from a parts department, except to know if the part is in stock and how long will it take to arrive.

Ordered some things for my dying fridge that has mere hours left to live without the needed parts to save its life. Made the order online. Paid for overnight shipping and received only a partial order of the parts I ordered the next day. Shortly after I placed my order online, I receive an email stating my parts have been shipped. Oh' but wait... The packing slip that came with my parts was the first to inform me that the fan motor I ordered would be shipping from a different vendor and would be arriving 3 days later.

Needless to say, it was too late and my fridge is DOA. They are refusing to give me a shipping refund. I feel I should have been warned before checkout that they didn't have the part in stock but that would have meant no sale for them. The ApplianceZone.com took advantage of my generosity and trust that they would come through for me in my time of need. Instead they took my money and did not deliver my goods on time as I expected and blamed this on me for not calling them to make sure they had the parts in stock even though I ordered the parts after their business hours.

On September 9 2015 I ordered a Refrigerator Tank Assembly - 4838JA2002A (OEM) @ $31.78 = $31.78 + $6.95 s/h. On September 17, 2015 I received a product different than what was described and pictured on the product site. Instead of a plastic water tank assembly I received a coil of tubing. I wrote to customer service line to request return RMA and return shipping. After more than 10 email transactions this request is refused on the grounds that the supplied tubing will perform as a substitute for the tank. This is not what was advertised, not what I ordered and does not fit my needs. The product delivered is not what was described or pictured, and the vendor has repeatedly denied my request for return RMA with return shipping.

Two weekends ago I ordered replacement parts for my Samsung clothes dryer and paid for 1-2 day shipping. There was no disclaimer on their website indicating that the package might arrive 1-2 days after they get around to shipping it. Anyway, on Wednesday I was notified that USPS delivered my package; however, they didn't. When I contacted Appliance Zone the customer rep advised me that I have to contact USPS to track down my package. I had to spend my time trying to track down a package that they sent. USPS stated that they show the package was delivered; however, that the records didn't look right as the package was never scanned at the Mt Dora post office prior to delivery. They advised that I had to wait 24-48 hours before they track down the package.

I promptly told Appliance Zone this information and asked for their assistance, to which they stated that there wasn't anything they could do. On Friday the package finally showed up on my front door. I advised AZ this news and asked for reimbursement of the premium shipping costs I paid. They stated that I have to go through USPS. USPS stated that they can't refund me money as I need to go through AZ since I paid them with my card. AZ stated that there's nothing that they can do because USPS stated that they delivered the package on Wednesday. Even if USPS did deliver on Wednesday, it's still 3 days from when I ordered the product. AZ refuses to refund me my money and I'm left extremely irritated and disappointed in this company.

I order the part DC64-02144A a glass door, another item came. Under the same part number they sent a door safety grace pet T2. They are using the same part number for different items.

I ordered an air conditioner part beginning of July. After numerous inquiries (I had to contact them), they never notified me. They kept pushing the availability of the part back. When projected date came and went I would have to notify them again and they would push the date back saying it was a nationwide overwhelming demand and the mfg couldn't keep up. After I told them I was contacting Consumer Affairs, they said the parts manufacturer are out of their control. There isn't a phone number so you have to chat live, and they finally stopped promising dates so I guess they are keeping my 17.00. I should have read the reviews first. It seems to be a pattern with them.

We ordered a stovetop and paid for and have yet to receive our product. They attempted to deliver in faulty, improper packaging and arrived twice shattered and third time UPS caught and sent back because it arrived shattered. They are refusing to give our money back! So we have no product and have not received a refund and I see they have done the same thing to many others! Someone needs to stop them from this unethical and illegal practice! Class action!

I ordered a part for my Bissell carpet cleaner in April. Since they have flat rate shipping I threw another part in I didn't really need. It is now August and they have still not shipped the Bissell part I ordered AND they cancelled the order and won't refund my shipping. They are stating that because they shipped the small extra part it's non refundable. I have patiently waited for a part and now have to order elsewhere and pay shipping AGAIN. They have no phone number to call. Please save your time and money and do not order from them.

I ordered a part on July 1st and was told delivery is 3 to 5 days. I had not received the part as of July 6th so I live chatted with them. Come to find out the part is on nationwide back order til at least July 14th. So my question was, when were you going to tell me that it wouldn't be til at least the 14th. They said they notified me on the 4th. The only thing I received on the 4th was a happy 4th of July and nothing more. As this was an AC part I told them that I would just as soon have a refund because I did not want to wait another 2 weeks. I was told refund normally take ABOUT 1 WEEK (BALONEY). After about 18 emails I was then informed that it takes 7 to 10 business days. Finally on July 20th I received my refund but not without another email. This is a terrible company to deal with and would NEVER order anything from them again. BEWARE. STAY AWAY.

First of all I did a live chat with them. I asked if they had the part in stock and if it was new or remanufactured. They responded with: "Yes, it is in stock and all of our parts are new." So I ordered the part. The time they estimated my part to arrive was the time I got an email that the part was on backorder. So I cancelled my order, stopped payment with my credit card. They kept lying about when it was going to be there. I saved all of the live chats with them. Resent the cancellation two times and wrote them. Bought the part somewhere else, fixed my washing machine. A few days later, I get a tracking number for the part. I refused the part and sent it back. I just looked at my credit card statement and they shorted me 12 dollars. I'm guessing for the shipping that I didn't ask for in the first place. What a joke. I'm a very easy going guy but I will fight to get that 12 dollars for the principle. One thing I hate is getting lied to.

Be warned....use this company at your own risk!! I too wish I had researched this company before I ordered. My story is a lengthy one, so I'll keep it brief. The biggest problem is that their only form of communication is live chat or email (apparently due to costs!! More like purposeful avoidance due to their extremely bad service!). I ordered a part to be shipped to the Caribbean, got charged extra for the privilege! USPS messed up, sent it to the completely wrong country and ended up sending it back to ApplianceZone.

They re-shipped it using FedEx... I had to pay again. I was told I would get the original shipping charges refunded, as soon as USPS refunded them (up to a month). Didn't happen... Why, because I got my own address wrong, which I hasten to add, I didn't!! So do ApplianceZone want to know? Of course not.. Fork out from their own pockets... Not a chance. They just say fill out forms or send an email, so that we can prolong the situation and you'll eventually give up, cos we don't give a damn. So the part ended up being the most expensive spare part I've ever bought. Never again!!!

I ordered a part for my RV toilet. They withdrew the money from my account. They shouldn't of taken the money until the part was shipped. Then I receive an e-mail that my part was discontinued and that I could buy the same part in a different color for an additional $22. According to their website the part I ordered was in stock in the ivory color like I wanted. They sent me a PayPal invoice for the white colored part that was also in stock according to them for $22. I pay that and proceeded with my order.

About a week goes by and I haven't heard anything about my part being shipped after they told me 5-7 days. I had to email them back. Got a response saying that now my order was back-order. They could of at least contacted me. After reading all the bad reviews I decided to ask for a refund. I told them they had until Tuesday to have the money back in my account (this was on a Sunday) or else I'm going to the BBB. They refunded me my money the next day. The phone number they provide doesn't allow you to talk to anyone live. All in all I wouldn't even bother with this company!!

I ordered a glass top for my range. Ordered the part on the 1st of May I received it today. Fair prices and customer service is good. I was a little worried after ordering and seeing all the bad reviews. I'm just glad it worked out.

Compare Appliance Store