2. Homeowners
  3. Windows and Doors

3.6/5 (49 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Andersen Windows

Andersen Windows offers windows and doors in a variety of types, series and materials. Andersen’s products are ENERGY STAR-certified and have warranty options available. You can request quotes and find Andersen Windows dealers through the company’s website.

Pros

• Various warranty options
    • ENERGY STAR windows sold
    • Numerous window and door types

Cons

• Warranty durations are limited
    • Popular products are pricey

Bottom Line

Andersen Windows products are a good choice for homeowners looking for affordable window and door options with a warranty. Self-installation is available, but partnering with a professional is recommended for all products.

Top Andersen Windows Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Our experience with Andersen and their track record over a number of years made me choose them… The nice thing is that I can do a customization based on where I'm putting a specif...

Verified

We picked double-hung windows from Andersen Windows as part of a renovation of the whole house. The contractor ordered them from a store that he works with and he put them in when...

Andersen Window types

Andersen Windows manufactures and sells multiple window styles, including:

• Awnings
    • Bay & bow
    • Single-hung
    • Double-hung
    • Casement
    • Specialty shapes

The company also offers window options and accessories, including energy-efficient windows, smart home windows, blinds, shades and window hardware.

Andersen Windows installation

Andersen Windows does not provide installation services. Instead, customers can install the windows themselves using Andersen Windows’ online instruction manuals or utilize the services of a local contractor.

While do-it-yourself installations are possible, it is recommended that customers partner with a local contractor to ensure the process is in compliance with all town and state codes in their area.

Andersen Windows prices

The cost of Andersen Windows’ products is based on the style of window and the means of purchase. For instance, custom-shaped windows are more expensive than standard single- or double-hung windows.

In addition, purchasing products directly from the manufacturer typically costs less than ordering through a certified Andersen Windows retailer. If you plan to have a professional install your new windows, factor the cost of labor into your total price.

Andersen Windows FAQ

How much do Andersen patio doors cost?
    The cost of your Andersen patio door will vary based on the style and quality you choose. The customizable E-Series hinged patio door is among the highest at around $4,400 to $7,000 with installation. The 100-Series Fibrex patio door ranges from $1,000 to $1,800 without installation.
    Where can I buy Andersen windows?
    Andersen Windows' products are available for purchase around the United States at certified retailers. Search for a retailer near you on the Andersen Windows website.
    Are Andersen Windows good?
    Yes. Andersen Windows is known for using quality materials, including the Fibrex composite material made from thermoplastic PVC polymer and reclaimed wood fibers. This blend is two times stronger than vinyl, according to the company. The company’s multiple warranty options also factor into its reputation for quality products and service.
    Are Andersen windows good quality?
    Yes, Andersen Windows use high-quality materials, including its Fibrex material, wood, vinyl, aluminum and fiberglass.
    Do Andersen windows have a lifetime warranty?
    Specific Andersen Windows products, such as the vinyl windows and patio doors, come with a limited lifetime warranty.
    Can Andersen windows be repaired?
    Yes, Andersen Windows can be repaired.
    How much do Andersen Windows cost?
    Andersen Windows range from approximately $250 to $550 or more, depending on the window type and frame material.

Are Andersen Windows worth it?

Andersen Windows is a well-known manufacturer of residential windows and doors. Its products can be found at retailers across the country, making it easy to order locally or direct from the manufacturer. In addition to the company’s reasonable prices, the materials used are high-quality and include warranty options. Homeowners searching for quality windows and doors will likely find Andersen Windows meets or exceeds their expectations.

Andersen Windows Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Andersen Windows?

Original review: May 7, 2021

We have a three-piece window over our kitchen sink looking out into the backyard in the kitchen and we needed to replace it. We went with the Andersen Windows and they were very conscientious and proficient. They did what they said they were going to do, and they were responsive. I was very happy with the whole process. The windows look beautiful. It works beautifully. The old windows that we had, had a lever at the top and the bottom of the sides that you had to lift up to release the window, to unlock the window, and then you would turn it. That was always difficult because the upper latch would be much too high for me to reach. I'd have to crawl onto the counter to do it. But with the Andersen windows, the latch is on the bottom and I like the way the handle on the windows folds closed.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2021

I have a condo association and the colors had to match what everybody else has. So to get the right colors, I've ended up having to go with Andersen and paying a lot more. But it is beautiful. Plus, I wanted the shades between. So then that brought me up to another level. I have the shades in the windows. It's a far more expensive door but you get what you pay for. It's two different colors, inside and out. But the handle for the outside was the wrong color. So JB Doors & Windows is gonna be bringing the correct color.

The guy from JB Doors & Windows has worked with people who have associations before. My association has given me such a hard time and I was just ready to order something, but didn't quite fit their qualifications. They could have easily just said, "Okay. Fine." But the guy told me not to do that and to wait until I got the approval. He didn't want to put in a door and then have the association insist to take it out. It was the right thing to do. I was just getting very, very disgusted with the association. He calmed me. I'm very pleased. I've already talked to him about later in the year replacing the window in my den.

Original review: April 13, 2021

I was doing research online. And then when I wanted to learn more about it, I looked at one of the certified installers in the area, and it was a group that I was familiar with and knew that they did quality work. We had a problem because one of the bay windows that was either ordered or delivered wasn't the right size. So, they got all the windows in except that. And then they put that in. Now, they are coming in five minutes to work on the trim. There was a little delay, but that happens. They had to reorder the bay windows. But I'm not in an urgent situation, so all was good. I'm pleased with the group that did the install. I'm thinking about hiring them for other jobs in the house.

The real issue that I'm having is a basic issue with the depth of the windows for window treatments. That's not a function of the windows themselves. But I wish I had a bit more information about some of that. And that's what I tried to get when I called in about the warranty, about whether Andersen could install interior mounted shades and stuff. Other than that, I like the choice. I wanted to get nice wood windows because I have wood interior all around. And I know what happened with the old ones. These will not have the same rotting issues from the outside. I've been happy with this.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

We have a beautiful sunroom that I could practically live in 24/7 and we love the Andersen Windows that are in there. We have two large sliding window doors that go out two steps onto a beautiful patio that we also put in the backyard. It's picturesque. The one window never closed quite right and never fit quite right. Even Al, who is the co-owner of the Smith construction and a master carpenter, had trouble with it. Now, because of it being getting colder weather and not closing quite right, we were a little concerned about losing heat through that.

According to Al, Andersen had this policy to some extent that you needed to wait six months or a year because of something policy-wise before they would replace that. But eventually it did get replaced. They put the new one in and it fits perfectly. It's all been resolved. But we were a little bit frustrated with the length of time with something that was absolutely nothing on our end or the Smith brothers' end. We would have been a little happier had that been taken care of a little bit more expeditiously.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

We have a large home and we're doing additions on it. We’re directly on the ocean, so we got a product that is one step below hurricane impact grade. There were a lot of different kinds of openings and there were very large casement and picture windows, sliders and fixed windows. I did a lot of research on cost versus efficacy. We lived in the northeast and used custom Marvin windows because they were better for up there. Down here on the oceanfront, in the research that I found, Andersen performed better than Marvin, so we opted for that. We did 11 openings out of almost 30 and we're going to continue with Andersen. We didn't want to do anything off-brand because it's a considerable investment in the end. We felt confident with their brand as well.

This is going to end up being almost a quarter of a million dollars’ worth of windows that we're going to end up buying for a single family home and that's going to be because their corporate office was willing to put me in touch with a supplier when I called them. When I got one of their main distributors near me, I called that distributor and I asked who they felt most confident with or who they had the longest track record with. That's how I narrowed everything down and it's what really helped me and what will help me move forward with the rest of the house. I interviewed the individual the supplier gave me along with lots of other people, and that's the individual that came and did the work. He and his crew were absolutely fantastic.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Everything was as expected. We're happy with the quality of the windows.

Original review: June 1, 2021

We got a storm door and a patio door and the installation was completed much quicker than I thought it was going to be. Everything seems to be working fine, so we're very happy with the doors that we have. Based on the windows that we have in our house and the home I grew up in, we had very few if any issues and they seem to last a long time. We're happy that Andersen Windows manufactured the doors and that we just had them installed, so we know we're not going to have any issues with them.

Original review: May 31, 2021

We did a renovation on our house four years ago, and the new windows we put in were all Andersen. They have much better selection than what Pella was offering. The most outstanding part of the experience was the licensed Andersen contractor that we used. It’s an old house and there was no header from the original windows holding up the roof. He saw all of that. His bid was $10,000 less than Pella and the price never went up. It was all built-in. The windows look great. They worked fine.

Original review: May 27, 2021

When we built our house, we put all Andersen Windows in. We have two picture windows. And we replaced the little ones on the outside. My son-in-law put in a couple of little replacement ones. It took them an hour for the two windows. Everything was neat, and the tech did a wonderful job. The new ones fold down so I can wash them. We built our house in '78. We replaced all the windows in the house except for those little ones on the side of the picture windows and we got double-hung windows that crank open.

I'm happy with the windows and with the service, but opening them and closing them to wash, the fall down is a bit difficult. I'm 66, so it's getting harder to do that. My son-in-law had to push the button to get them to come down. The windows we have now, the buttons are on where the locks are. And you just push the buttons in towards the lock and the window comes right down, which is so much easier. My son-in-law has shown me twice how to open the windows and I still couldn't figure it out.

Original review: May 18, 2021

JB Doors & Windows did a wonderful job removing and installing a new patio door. This Andersen patio door is built very well and should last for many years. JB Doors kept my yard clean and took the old doors with them when they were finished. The new patio door is beautiful and we are very happy with it. If you live in NW Indiana do not hesitate to call JB Doors & Windows. They do great work and are very professional. If we need anymore windows or doors Andersen Windows and JB Doors & Windows will get our business. Thank You.

Andersen Windows Company Information