2. Homeowners
  3. Windows and Doors

4.1/5 (60 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Andersen Windows

Andersen Windows offers windows and doors in a variety of types, series and materials. Andersen’s products are ENERGY STAR-certified and have warranty options available. You can request quotes and find Andersen Windows dealers through the company’s website.

Pros

• Various warranty options
  • ENERGY STAR windows sold
  • Numerous window and door types

Cons

• Warranty durations are limited
  • Popular products are pricey

Bottom Line

Andersen Windows products are a good choice for homeowners looking for affordable window and door options with a warranty. Self-installation is available, but partnering with a professional is recommended for all products.

Top Andersen Windows Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Our experience with Andersen and their track record over a number of years made me choose them… The nice thing is that I can do a customization based on where I'm putting a specif...

Verified

We picked double-hung windows from Andersen Windows as part of a renovation of the whole house. The contractor ordered them from a store that he works with and he put them in when...

Andersen Window types

Andersen Windows manufactures and sells multiple window styles, including:

• Awnings
  • Bay & bow
  • Single-hung
  • Double-hung
  • Casement
  • Specialty shapes

The company also offers window options and accessories, including energy-efficient windows, smart home windows, blinds, shades and window hardware.

Andersen Windows installation

Andersen Windows does not provide installation services. Instead, customers can install the windows themselves using Andersen Windows’ online instruction manuals or utilize the services of a local contractor.

While do-it-yourself installations are possible, it is recommended that customers partner with a local contractor to ensure the process is in compliance with all town and state codes in their area.

Andersen Windows prices

The cost of Andersen Windows’ products is based on the style of window and the means of purchase. For instance, custom-shaped windows are more expensive than standard single- or double-hung windows.

In addition, purchasing products directly from the manufacturer typically costs less than ordering through a certified Andersen Windows retailer. If you plan to have a professional install your new windows, factor the cost of labor into your total price.

Andersen Windows FAQ

How much do Andersen patio doors cost?
The cost of your Andersen patio door will vary based on the style and quality you choose. The customizable E-Series hinged patio door is among the highest at around $4,400 to $7,000 with installation. The 100-Series Fibrex patio door ranges from $1,000 to $1,800 without installation.
Where can I buy Andersen windows?
Andersen Windows' products are available for purchase around the United States at certified retailers. Search for a retailer near you on the Andersen Windows website.
Are Andersen Windows good?
Yes. Andersen Windows is known for using quality materials, including the Fibrex composite material made from thermoplastic PVC polymer and reclaimed wood fibers. This blend is two times stronger than vinyl, according to the company. The company’s multiple warranty options also factor into its reputation for quality products and service.
Are Andersen windows good quality?
Yes, Andersen Windows use high-quality materials, including its Fibrex material, wood, vinyl, aluminum and fiberglass.
Do Andersen windows have a lifetime warranty?
Specific Andersen Windows products, such as the vinyl windows and patio doors, come with a limited lifetime warranty.
Can Andersen windows be repaired?
Yes, Andersen Windows can be repaired.
How much do Andersen Windows cost?
Andersen Windows range from approximately $250 to $550 or more, depending on the window type and frame material.

Are Andersen Windows worth it?

Andersen Windows is a well-known manufacturer of residential windows and doors. Its products can be found at retailers across the country, making it easy to order locally or direct from the manufacturer. In addition to the company’s reasonable prices, the materials used are high-quality and include warranty options. Homeowners searching for quality windows and doors will likely find Andersen Windows meets or exceeds their expectations.

Andersen Windows Reviews

1 featured review

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Jason and the Sightline Builders, Inc team, stepped up to the plate with our new door installation. We purchased a home that has four existing Andersen standard and sliding doors. Your team contacted sightline Builders as an authorized installer. Jason came out, measured our existing doors, matching the same model. With the new door ordered, Jason installed two of the three new Yale keyless locks. With our door finally received from Anderson, our installation date set, we were excited to get this door installed. Unfortunately, the Sightline Builders didn't order the door correctly, assuming we had the same door frame as the others. This door was from before the initial remodel twenty years ago.

Jason readily admitted his mistake and went above and beyond making the installation right. A new door frame had to be built along with a matching threshold. The amount of detail that Jason and the team did to make it right exceeded our expectations. Jason installed the new door and locks perfectly with professionally done drywall, stucco, caulking, and finishes. All that is left is for us to paint! We highly recommend Jason and Sightline Builders, Inc. for going above and beyond to complete our project!

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

When the Andersen windows are shut and they're locked, you can't hear anything. There's no wind, the noise from outside is blocked. They're really good windows. The other thing I liked about the windows is that the exterior is very weather resistant. The harsh sun and the wind in Colorado make it really hard on windows. Then, on the inside, with the wood finish, because of the way manufacturing is delayed right now, we ordered them with a pre-color or pre-stain. But they were able to get the windows and they weren't finished, which I was fine with that because the contractor that installed them has a staining team. The staining team came out and took care of everything and matched them to the color that my mom wanted, and they did a really good job. Everything turned out well.

They also told me everything that they were going to be doing. They had a little bit of a challenge 'cause it's a log home, so it wasn't the standard installation like you just rip them out and put new ones in. They had to do a little bit of additional work. But they told me exactly when they were going to start and they got done ahead of time. They also did a phenomenal job cleaning up.

Original review: April 22, 2021

I have a condo association and the colors had to match what everybody else has. So to get the right colors, I've ended up having to go with Andersen and paying a lot more. But it is beautiful. Plus, I wanted the shades between. So then that brought me up to another level. I have the shades in the windows. It's a far more expensive door but you get what you pay for. It's two different colors, inside and out. But the handle for the outside was the wrong color. So JB Doors & Windows is gonna be bringing the correct color.

The guy from JB Doors & Windows has worked with people who have associations before. My association has given me such a hard time and I was just ready to order something, but didn't quite fit their qualifications. They could have easily just said, "Okay. Fine." But the guy told me not to do that and to wait until I got the approval. He didn't want to put in a door and then have the association insist to take it out. It was the right thing to do. I was just getting very, very disgusted with the association. He calmed me. I'm very pleased. I've already talked to him about later in the year replacing the window in my den.

Original review: April 13, 2021

I was doing research online. And then when I wanted to learn more about it, I looked at one of the certified installers in the area, and it was a group that I was familiar with and knew that they did quality work. We had a problem because one of the bay windows that was either ordered or delivered wasn't the right size. So, they got all the windows in except that. And then they put that in. Now, they are coming in five minutes to work on the trim. There was a little delay, but that happens. They had to reorder the bay windows. But I'm not in an urgent situation, so all was good. I'm pleased with the group that did the install. I'm thinking about hiring them for other jobs in the house.

The real issue that I'm having is a basic issue with the depth of the windows for window treatments. That's not a function of the windows themselves. But I wish I had a bit more information about some of that. And that's what I tried to get when I called in about the warranty, about whether Andersen could install interior mounted shades and stuff. Other than that, I like the choice. I wanted to get nice wood windows because I have wood interior all around. And I know what happened with the old ones. These will not have the same rotting issues from the outside. I've been happy with this.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

We have a large home and we're doing additions on it. We’re directly on the ocean, so we got a product that is one step below hurricane impact grade. There were a lot of different kinds of openings and there were very large casement and picture windows, sliders and fixed windows. I did a lot of research on cost versus efficacy. We lived in the northeast and used custom Marvin windows because they were better for up there. Down here on the oceanfront, in the research that I found, Andersen performed better than Marvin, so we opted for that. We did 11 openings out of almost 30 and we're going to continue with Andersen. We didn't want to do anything off-brand because it's a considerable investment in the end. We felt confident with their brand as well.

This is going to end up being almost a quarter of a million dollars’ worth of windows that we're going to end up buying for a single family home and that's going to be because their corporate office was willing to put me in touch with a supplier when I called them. When I got one of their main distributors near me, I called that distributor and I asked who they felt most confident with or who they had the longest track record with. That's how I narrowed everything down and it's what really helped me and what will help me move forward with the rest of the house. I interviewed the individual the supplier gave me along with lots of other people, and that's the individual that came and did the work. He and his crew were absolutely fantastic.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I purchased a 15ft Anderson 400 series doorwall. The material is very cheap -- even the handles fall apart due to poor screws. The worst part is that Anderson customer service is useless. They cannot get replacement parts -- the first time they sent a french door part and then again put the part of on backorder. Why do they continue to sell doors when the repairs parts are on backorder. A $8,000 doorwall should not be falling apart.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for your message. Andersen is currently experiencing longer than usual lead times on orders and select parts. We apologize for this temporary inconvenience. Thank you for your patience as we work to fulfill all orders as quickly as possible.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

As part of our kitchen renovation, we needed a new window roughed in and installed in a 50's rambler. Our contractor was Three Rivers and man are they great. I thought I was detail oriented until I met these guys. From Window selection to install, the whole process was seamless and perfect. I would highly recommend Shawn and his crews to anyone considering this type of work.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I was redoing our kitchen and remodeling the floorplan and Ultimate Remodelers in Lombard, Illinois, the contractor that I worked with, recommended the Andersen brand. There were so many options. I was able to look at different options between a bay window or a standard window, and then the custom sizing of the windows was really quick as well. The kitchen window was put in a week and a half after I ordered and it was installed in one day. The handles that were on the new window seem to have had an issue though. They broke off on both sides. There's a weird little metal piece that's different in them. It’s different from the original Andersen windows that I had with the house. I reached out to Ultimate Remodelers about that issue earlier today, and they said they're going to try to take a look at it. For right now, we just got one window, but I'm happy with the brand and in the future, I’ll probably get more windows done.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

We bought an Andersen French door and it was put in by an Andersen subcontractor. It was an outswing French door patio door, with built-in blinds. The quality of the door is outstanding. Everything from start to finish was outstanding and the installer was fabulous.

Resolution response: Sept. 22, 2021

Upon viewing my initial review I was contacted by Andersen corporate office and said that the window should not of been in question and will be replaced. They contact at Home Depot immediately who in turn contacted me and they will be out tomorrow to remedy the situation. I was caught off guard with this one as I have never had a problem with Andersen before. The confusion came with one person telling me it was under warranty and would be ordered and then somebody else overriding that decision three days later. I greatly appreciate them taking responsibility and providing resolution to the problem in a timely manner.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Purchased two storm doors and they were installed at the end of June 2020. August 2020 I noticed the glass on the back door following out of gasket creating about a quarter inch gap. In a recorded call to Home Depot and Andersen they both told me it was under warranty and Andersen would replace it. Several days later I received an email saying it was not under warranty and I would have to pay. They are calling the window a component which is under one year warranty and not structure which is five years. The main purpose of the storm door is the WINDOW! I sent an email to the CEO of Anderson and I’ve had no response. Even if they want to consider the window a component and a one-year warranty who is going to be happy when they find out one month after the warranty the product fails and they won’t support you. No I would not buy from Anderson again and I would not recommend them.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for writing in. Andersen was able to find your case and a representative will be reaching out on the issues. If you have further questions please contact us at 855-337-8825, hours are Monday-Friday 7am-5pm Central.

Andersen Windows Company Information