Anchor Hocking Cookware
1.26/5

Looking for new cookware?

Anchor Hocking Cookware

Looking for new cookware?

Anchor Hocking Cookware Reviews

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I just put three peppers in my pan to grill at 400 degrees turned them twice next thing you know I hear an explosion. The whole entire pan exploded into pieces in my oven. Thankfully no one was hurt but glass pieces hurt the inside of the oven door...I’m trying to find a consumer number to call and complain but cannot find one. If someone knows of one please write it to me. I have pictures but I can’t seem to upload...I did research the pan and it does not say specific degrees so I’m very upset.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Recently purchased an Anchor Hocking 9x13” casserole glassware dish at Walmart. Baked in dish. All was well. Cleaned dish and put in dishwasher. Dishwasher ran in early evening and finished cycle by 8:30PM. Next morning, I opened dishwasher to air dry any dishes that may still be wet. After airing dry, my daughters were unloading the dishwasher and pulled a bowl out that was next to the casserole dish. The bowl barely tapped the dish and it exploded. No other words for the sound and mess that happened. Thankfully no one was hurt, but the mess was unbelievable.

The whole piece shattered to many pieces and smaller pieces continued to “pop” and shatter more, 10 minutes after the initial burst. I have vacuumed the dishwasher twice as well as run it twice, but still finding shards and glass dust everywhere. Called customer service and said a ticket would be filed without any of my contact information. I was able to give my information before getting off the phone, but doubt anything will happen. Because no one was hurt, it seemed that the company didn’t have any concern about the product. I’m appalled that this product is still on the shelf after seeing all these reviews. I’m furious that I may have to replace my dishwasher, but that my children were at risk.

Get expert buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Made a strawberry topping, and after allowing it to cool I transferred it to a room temperature dish. About three minutes later I heard an explosion and ran to the kitchen to find glass shards and strawberry sauce all over my kitchen!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Using this cookware as intended... Baking acorn squash in a water bath in oven. After 20 min of cooking light green dish explodes... Glass and water everywhere. I reported to company..They finally called me after three weeks. NO REAL ownership or even to replace my lost food or dish??? VERY POOR. DO NOT USE!!!

Original review: May 28, 2019

I just purchased this set from Canadian Tire. When I proceeded to wash the first piece, 7cp size, it literally exploded in my hands. The water was warm, not hot and the bowl was room temperature. I called customer service and gave up after 40 minutes on hold. I have used Pyrex for over 40 yrs with no issues. Now I am afraid to use or purchase it. I will be returning this set today. So sad as I am trying to move away from plastic.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anchor Hocking?

Original review: May 21, 2019

My son was baking chicken in large glass baking dish by Anchor. He opened oven to pull out the dish and it exploded. He had several cuts but fortunately the large glass pieces missed him. I heard a loud bang and glass pieces on counters, tables, drawers, floor and a lot in the hot oven. Looked like hail all over my kitchen. I am blessed my son was not seriously hurt. So very scary.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Warming up mac and cheese and heard a pop. When I opened the oven I saw that the dish had shattered. Thankfully no-one was hurt. I did end up with a few cuts cleaning up the big mess and head to figure out something else for dinner.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I bought canning jars on Sat. Used them today Monday and the sides deformed and cracked. I called customer service to report it and got their parent company and told her what happened. She told me to take it back where I got it. I asked why as that was an inconvenience. I also told her that I would leave a review about their customer service. She said OK and did not offer any any help. I told her I will never use them again, and she just said "Ok". No concern or apologies.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have 3 nesting glass bowls with lids and I cannot for the life of me figure out an easy way to remove the lids without breaking a nail lol or spilling whatever it is that I have put in the bowl. I find the lids next to impossible to open and I have short nails. I'd like to return them but I've had them for a while and don't have the receipt any longer. :(

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I had baked a casserole in the anchor 9x13 glass baking dish. Removed it from the oven. Set the table and put the dish on a cork hot pad on the table. We sat down to eat. Dished up our food and the dish exploded shooting glass all over the table, food and people. Luckily no one got hurt but we had to throw away All our food. I am throwing away the other anchor products I have. They are very unsafe.

Anchor Hocking expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since 1805, Anchor Hocking has made bakeware and kitchen prep tools. The company's products are sold in major retailers nationwide and online. Its tempered soda-lime-silicate glass bakeware is designed to be durable and safe, virtually eliminating the chance of the bakeware breaking or scratching under normal conditions.

• Oven safe: Anchor Hocking Cookware is designed to be used exclusively in the oven to bake desserts, casseroles or other items.

• Heat conductive: Made of either glass, silicone, or ceramic, all pieces by Anchor Hocking are designed to conduct heat evenly.

• Dishwasher safe: Consumers can safely clean their products in the dishwasher.

• Portable: Most items come with silicon lids that seal securely for safe transportation and storage.

• Best for: Beginner cooks, home cooks, home chefs and professional chefs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs