2. Homeowners

Anchor Hocking Cookware

Anchor Hocking Cookware
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.26/5

Anchor Hocking Cookware Reviews

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I was using the baking dish in the oven and heard a loud explosion. The dish completely shattered and ruined my oven and our dinner, contacted the company. Still have not heard anything from them! Don’t buy Anything from Anchor.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I would never suggest anyone purchase Anchor Hocking glass cookware. After having our dish explode in the oven right before our Christmas dinner and, ruining a most wonderful evening - I was going to contact the company. However, after reading all of the similar events other people had and, the lack of concern of Anchor Hocking - why even bother. I will purchase another brand and move on with my life. I will certainly never recommend Anchor Hocking.

Get expert buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Bought two sets of these containers. Followed instructions for use. All covers have broken. I contacted the company and was told covers are not under warranty!! Containers are not much good without covers. Thought getting away from plastic wrap would help the environment instead I'm creating more waste because of a trashy product. By the way the company did say I could go on their site and purchase more covers. Really!! Not good enough.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Very disappointed with your glass storage containers. All of the plastic covers crack along their edges making them useless. We end up using Saran wrap to keep a seal. Is there a recall or return program for replacing these defective covers? I will add that we do not use a dishwasher, or use them in a microwave oven. We are extremely disappointed with this product... We got rid of all plastic storage containers in our home, going to glass. BUT, the covers being made of plastic will prevent us from further purchases.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

This is what I get for trying to support Anchor Hocking at Oneida.com instead of going through Amazon! I ordered a really cute 70 oz glass pumpkin jar for a pumpkin themed baby shower. I ordered with plenty of time to receive the item before the shower, and did in fact receive it a week prior to the party. Unfortunately, all that was shipped to me was the lid. The lid! I immediately sent a message to the company, yet hadn't heard anything back two days later, so I called and had the "pleasure" of speaking with Danielle in customer service. With an irritated tone in her voice, she informed me that they would be more than happy to ship me the dish portion of the pumpkin but that it would take 7 to 10 days, with no option to rush it.

As my party was 5 days away, and with no possible way to get the bowl portion of my product in time, I inquired about returning the lid. I was informed that I was able to return it and would be refunded for the order once they received it, with the caveat that I would have to pay for shipping. Asking for an alternative solution to their error that didn't penalize me, Danielle repeated the previous options, with her already irritated tone getting ruder with each word. If companies like Oneida and Anchor Hocking would like to compete with Amazon, they should at least attempt to adopt similar shipping and return processes. Unfortunately, this situation reiterated why I continue to send my money to Amazon, even though I'd rather support individual companies directly. Sorry Oneida.com, this order was a failure all the way from shipping to customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anchor Hocking?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I just put three peppers in my pan to grill at 400 degrees, turned them twice, next thing you know I hear an explosion. The whole entire pan exploded into pieces in my oven. Thankfully no one was hurt but glass pieces hurt the inside of the oven door...I’m trying to find a consumer number to call and complain but cannot find one. If someone knows of one please write it to me. I have pictures but I can’t seem to upload...I did research the pan and it does not say specific degrees so I’m very upset.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Recently purchased an Anchor Hocking 9x13” casserole glassware dish at Walmart. Baked in dish. All was well. Cleaned dish and put in dishwasher. Dishwasher ran in early evening and finished cycle by 8:30PM. Next morning, I opened dishwasher to air dry any dishes that may still be wet. After airing dry, my daughters were unloading the dishwasher and pulled a bowl out that was next to the casserole dish. The bowl barely tapped the dish and it exploded. No other words for the sound and mess that happened. Thankfully no one was hurt, but the mess was unbelievable.

The whole piece shattered to many pieces and smaller pieces continued to “pop” and shatter more, 10 minutes after the initial burst. I have vacuumed the dishwasher twice as well as run it twice, but still finding shards and glass dust everywhere. Called customer service and said a ticket would be filed without any of my contact information. I was able to give my information before getting off the phone, but doubt anything will happen. Because no one was hurt, it seemed that the company didn’t have any concern about the product. I’m appalled that this product is still on the shelf after seeing all these reviews. I’m furious that I may have to replace my dishwasher, but that my children were at risk.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Made a strawberry topping, and after allowing it to cool I transferred it to a room temperature dish. About three minutes later I heard an explosion and ran to the kitchen to find glass shards and strawberry sauce all over my kitchen!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Using this cookware as intended... Baking acorn squash in a water bath in oven. After 20 min of cooking light green dish explodes... Glass and water everywhere. I reported to company..They finally called me after three weeks. NO REAL ownership or even to replace my lost food or dish??? VERY POOR. DO NOT USE!!!

Original review: May 28, 2019

I just purchased this set from Canadian Tire. When I proceeded to wash the first piece, 7cp size, it literally exploded in my hands. The water was warm, not hot and the bowl was room temperature. I called customer service and gave up after 40 minutes on hold. I have used Pyrex for over 40 yrs with no issues. Now I am afraid to use or purchase it. I will be returning this set today. So sad as I am trying to move away from plastic.

Not sure about Anchor Hocking Cookware?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Cookware Brands for you.

Anchor Hocking expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since 1805, Anchor Hocking has made bakeware and kitchen prep tools. The company's products are sold in major retailers nationwide and online. Its tempered soda-lime-silicate glass bakeware is designed to be durable and safe, virtually eliminating the chance of the bakeware breaking or scratching under normal conditions.

• Oven safe: Anchor Hocking Cookware is designed to be used exclusively in the oven to bake desserts, casseroles or other items.

• Heat conductive: Made of either glass, silicone, or ceramic, all pieces by Anchor Hocking are designed to conduct heat evenly.

• Dishwasher safe: Consumers can safely clean their products in the dishwasher.

• Portable: Most items come with silicon lids that seal securely for safe transportation and storage.

• Best for: Beginner cooks, home cooks, home chefs and professional chefs.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team