2. Homeowners

Anchor Hocking Cookware

3.9/5 (202 ratings)

About Anchor Hocking Cookware

Anchor Hocking Cookware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anchor Hocking Cookware?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anchor Hocking?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I would rate a zero if I could, had bought cookware set for my mother. She said how much she and grandma always have used and love cooking out of glass. I told her of experience when I was seventeen and making spaghetti the pot blew up, she didn't remember. How ironic we went to make dinner together using what I had bought her, could you believe it did it again. Drained the noodles, and put back in and yep it exploded, thank God none of us got injured. Then today about 6 months later since the first incident, another one cracked and shattered after all three grand girls made macaroni and cheese, we were starving then that happened. They were so sad.

Extremely disappointed! However, if we did not learn our lesson, mother used yet another and this one did not explode but the whole bottom cracked. So, I introduced her to what I use which is ceramic and she can't be happier. I wrote this due to trying to find how to contact them, I saw all these other reports and how no one has ever heard back, and that alone upset me. I don't do these reviews, but buyers beware and start looking for better furthermore, food is expensive nowadays and can't afford to lose that either.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I would love to give Anchor Hocking no stars. I purchase two glass measuring cups from them. The first time I used one of them, I put one cup of water in it and heated it for 45 seconds (it was labeled microwave safe). I then put chicken bouillon in it and gently stirred it. Suddenly, with a loud bang, the glass cup exploded - covering me with small shards of glass. I actually had to pick glass out of my arm, but fortunately I was not seriously injured. The glass covered my entire kitchen, even going into the food I was preparing for dinner, which I had to throw out. The next morning I emailed Anchor Hocking, explaining what happened and asking how they planned to resolve this matter. I received an automated response that I would be contacted within 48 hours. One week later, I still had not been contacted by them. So I called their customer service number, which went to a voicemail. I left a message asking them to call me back. Absolutely no response.

Finally, I contacted Oneida by email, as they are the parent company. I again received an automated response that they would call me within 48 hours. Tomorrow will be one week and again, no response. I grew up with Anchor Hocking glassware but be assured they are not the same quality they used to be. I am disgusted by their lack of concern for their customers. I immediately threw away the second cup I had purchased from them. I simply do not trust their products. I’m sure they are well aware that there’s nothing I can do to be reimbursed for the cups or my food that had to be thrown out if they don’t contact me - so they are waiting me out. But I will make sure to warn anyone I can of the dangers of their products and their lack of customer service.

Get buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2021

I partially melted 1/2 cup butter in a 2 cup measuring cup - (aprox.40 seconds) and set it on the counter while I measured other muffin ingredients. About 3-4 minutes later it literally blew up. It hadn't been moved or touched. Glass flew everywhere, into my other ingredients, even into the dining room. I was very grateful that I was the only one in the kitchen. I have a second similar measuring cup - says microwave safe on the bottom. Ha! I don't think so. I have since looked into the problems and will purchase borosilicate products from now on.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Sat down to dinner with guests after taking a casserole out of the oven. 350 degrees for 30 minutes. We had just nicely taken some out and placed on our plates when this shotgun sound occurred. It took a minute to digest what happened. The entire dish exploded. There was glass and hot food everywhere. Big chunks of glass landing in our plates. I have never been so shocked in my life. What a scary situation. I was in total disbelief. After reading these reviews what is shocking more is that this product is still being sold. Shame on you. Thankfully no one was hurt but it sure could have been a lot worse. Like others have said, what was the point in making a call to this company, they obviously don't care. I will never buy their product ever again and will go out of my way to tell people why.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I set to cook a typical baked dinner at 400 degrees set for 30mins. At 25min I heard a loud sound from the oven. When I checked on the food, I found that the dish had exploded in the oven. I have never experienced anything like this. This is not safe for customers and should be taken off the shelf.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Tonight I was making turkey rolls. Dressing wrapped in turkey with gravy on top. Put them in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes. 20 minutes into baking them I heard this loud explosion and went into the kitchen to find that the dish had exploded in the oven.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I bought this glassware at Wal-Mart after I couldn't find a comparable Pyrex brand. There is a defect in the product. When I felt around the bottom of the glass dish, there are imperfections, like bubbles or Mars in the bottom of the dish. I cut my hand on it & I bled while washing the pan after using it once. After careful inspection, there is a rough knife-like appearance close to the edge of the glassware. I tried calling customer service, after being on hold for a couple minutes a recording came on and I hung up. I'm going to try to take this back to Walmart, I ripped up my receipt already. We'll see how far I get with this.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I placed some vegetables in one of my clear glass Anchor Hocking bowls placed in the microwave. The bowl melted down one side. I removed the bowl from the microwave and let it rest on top of my room temperature gas stove. I left the room and returned later to see glass shards all over the stove and kitchen floor where it had apparently exploded. I am glad I wasn't in the room when that occurred. I am stunned by this event I have always trusted Anchor Hocking and Pyrex.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

-Glass, food storage containers with cracking plastic (red) lids. Many other people have complained about the cracking lids too. I finally decided to get replacement lids only to find the cost of them ridiculous. They cost more than when I bought the set which included the glass containers. Very disappointing and shame on Anchor Hocking for producing a low quality item AND gouging the consumer.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I was baking a lasagna on father's day. When removing the pan from the oven, it exploded all through the oven and kitchen. I tried calling the company and got a voice mailbox that was full. I could not find a way to speak to a person. I sent them an email. Five weeks later I received a response asking me to send them the pan and to please clean it first. I'm not happy with their customer service.

Anchor Hocking author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since 1805, Anchor Hocking has made bakeware and kitchen prep tools. The company's products are sold in major retailers nationwide and online. Its tempered soda-lime-silicate glass bakeware is designed to be durable and safe, virtually eliminating the chance of the bakeware breaking or scratching under normal conditions.

• Oven safe: Anchor Hocking Cookware is designed to be used exclusively in the oven to bake desserts, casseroles or other items.

• Heat conductive: Made of either glass, silicone, or ceramic, all pieces by Anchor Hocking are designed to conduct heat evenly.

• Dishwasher safe: Consumers can safely clean their products in the dishwasher.

• Portable: Most items come with silicon lids that seal securely for safe transportation and storage.

Anchor Hocking Cookware Company Information