Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Amish Miracle Fireplace

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

89 Amish Miracle Fireplace Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

Piece of junk. Oh yeah, the wood is beautiful. But if I wanted something made out of wood by the Amish I would have bought a chair. The fireplace insert is defective and dangerous. We have plugged ours in several outlets in various rooms and after about 2 min it shuts off. It does not work and we can not get our money back. It was a gift and the person who bought it for us can not get any help either from the company. If you value your life, home, and those you love, do not buy this. Something ain't right with this thing, Piece of junk.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2015

I paid 600.00 for an Amish heater. When I got, I was well pleased so I only used it for one winter. When the next winter came it didn't work. I nearly froze as it was in my bedroom and the only source of heat. I called the company and they sent me out a new insert. This also lasted me one winter so I called them again and was told, "Well we replaced it once and we don't replace it again unless you pay us 150.00." So here I sit with a pile of money invested and no heat. Needless to say I was shocked when I read on the back MADE IN CHINA. How misleading. Very very pissed.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2015

I purchase the Heat Surge Roll-n-Glow with much excitement. After getting the unit and turning it on I noticed it will shut off after a few minutes regardless of the heat setting. Simply put it doesn't work. To return it you have to get a box that it will fit in, make sure you keep the box, and pay for shipping. I feel bad for the Amish. They created a nice product but the heat surge unit is pathetic.

Original review: April 13, 2015

Would be a miracle if the flames worked, still! This Amish Miracle fireplace is, I believe, "false advertising." Really, a trusted name, not at all! Why hasn't something been done to take this off the market??? Why has there been NO Recall??? Or did I miss it, please inform me, if there is a Recall. Shocked, after trying to figure out why ours stopped working, and saw all the BAD Reviews on this site! Fire Hazards, Wow, does someone have to die first? Let's get real here, be realistic, if this pertained to a baby, why, it would have recalled after just 1 or 2 mishaps! I'm reading tons, wow, a disappointed owner in Calif. Please spare yourself grief, and DO NOT BUY AMISH fireplace. Photos are available, but, why, this was cute, but, not worth losing sleep over.. I'm over this Amish non-miracle fireplace, made in China, not made in USA, as advertised.

Original review: April 8, 2015

Bought this product six years ago and had a great experience. The heater went out after six years and we bought another one. Our new one is works fine. However, the sales/operations people are, based on my experience, borderline fraudulent. We bought our new fireplace on sale and it took a month for it to be delivered (they finally admitted that they oversold and did not have the product. A UPS label was created to make us think that it was sitting in the warehouse. No one who was supposed to call us back ever did).

We received the credit card bill a week after the fireplace arrived and they billed us for another $270, claiming that we bought it off sale. I disputed the bill before I called Heat Surge and they wanted us to fax the credit card statement and have a supervisor review it. When I told them that the bill was already being disputed and they would receive a call from USAA they agreed to issue a credit in three to five days. We will see if in fact they follow through. The sales practices of this company should be investigated by the Feds.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amish Miracle Fireplace?

Original review: March 1, 2015

I have 2 Mini Heat Surge Fireplaces... One of them I kept on consistently for 4 months during the coldest months of the year, and yes, it saved me $200 in heating costs over 2 months. However, the Heating Element burned out. I purchased 2 Heating Element/Blower units on eBay -- exact units (thinking I would have one for a year from now), and upon replacing the 1st element instantly smoked and burned out, and the 2nd one heats up, but with very little heat. The blowers work fine. It is the Heating Element that burns out.

This little fireplace is cute, but way too expensive to only use 1 season and then have to start replacing heating elements. I have spent $50 on heating elements, and it is still not working correctly. Parts are IMPOSSIBLE to find. The Company does not Support its product with offering replacement parts, or replacement part numbers, or diagrams for replacing parts.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2015

We have had the mini heater since August 2014, plugged it in for the first time this winter and only used it two to three times and it caught on fire. Contacted the company and have had no response. Luckily, my husband was sitting right beside it. Do not use if you have one!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2015

I received a Heat Surge electric fireplace as a gift. It was great at first - kept the room toasty. Within a short time the unit stopped working. We tried all the troubleshooting steps to no avail (the "reset button" did nothing - not even click). When I called the company to inquire about replacing the unit I was told they didn't sell the insert so I'd have to buy a whole new unit. The unit itself is only 2 years old. Of course, it's "Made in China" so what did I expect. Well, for starters, I expected better support and service. Won't be buying that again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2015

I noticed smoke coming from my house. I ran to it and opened the door. I could see that the Amish heater was on fire in the back but the smoke was so thick I could not go into the room. The lights were out and I could hear water spraying.

The heater was in the entry to the bathroom and at the end of the wire circuit the wire was burning up the wall and across the ceiling then down to the utility tunnel for the wire and pipes. The wire burned through the pvc and started the water leak. The heater was on low and was the source of the fire that was obvious my home was only partially built.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2015

The reason I gave this product 1 star is because I had to leave a comment. I wish I had checked this business before I purchased. Light bulbs went out first. Then tried putting in on a higher setting and it shuts off which was a good thing. I looked at my wall socket. It is burned. Going to have a electrician look at it before using this socket again. What a waste. No help from the company.

Amish Miracle Fireplace Company Information