Amish Miracle Fireplace

Compare Heating & Cooling Systems

Research top Heating & Cooling Systems recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have recently purchased another heat surge fireplace and cannot get it to operate. I have followed the troubleshooting procedures and have attempted to contact Heat Surge customer service for assistance.. I have been continuously been put on hold for over 1 hour without my call being answered. This product is JUNK in my opinion!

I now have 3 electric fireplaces that do not work. I have spent $1800.00 and I can't get customer service or call in doesn't work, told to call back when not busy? Very frustrated... After reading all the complaints by other customers, I told can be added to this endless list. I need compensation for these electric fireplaces that do nothing! This was not what I hear and read from Heat Surge tv ads, completely false... I would like my name added to the many complaints about these heaters.

Piece of junk. Oh yeah, the wood is beautiful. But if I wanted something made out of wood by the Amish I would have bought a chair. The fireplace insert is defective and dangerous. We have plugged ours in several outlets in various rooms and after about 2 min it shuts off. It does not work and we can not get our money back. It was a gift and the person who bought it for us can not get any help either from the company. If you value your life, home, and those you love, do not buy this. Something ain't right with this thing, Piece of junk.

This heat surge product shuts off on the high heat setting. It must be set on low and at the 3:00 position for continuous on and off heating. I purchased it through HSN 2009. Needs cleaning every winter and fan needs lithium grease to prevent squeaking. Absolutely terrible product and dangerous.

I paid 600.00 for an Amish heater. When I got, I was well pleased so I only used it for one winter. When the next winter came it didn't work. I nearly froze as it was in my bedroom and the only source of heat. I called the company and they sent me out a new insert. This also lasted me one winter so I called them again and was told, "Well we replaced it once and we don't replace it again unless you pay us 150.00." So here I sit with a pile of money invested and no heat. Needless to say I was shocked when I read on the back MADE IN CHINA. How misleading. Very very pissed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amish Miracle Fireplace?

I purchase the Heat Surge Roll-n-Glow with much excitement. After getting the unit and turning it on I noticed it will shut off after a few minutes regardless of the heat setting. Simply put it doesn't work. To return it you have to get a box that it will fit in, make sure you keep the box, and pay for shipping. I feel bad for the Amish. They created a nice product but the heat surge unit is pathetic.

Would be a miracle if the flames worked, still! This Amish Miracle fireplace is, I believe, "false advertising." Really, a trusted name, not at all! Why hasn't something been done to take this off the market??? Why has there been NO Recall??? Or did I miss it, please inform me, if there is a Recall. Shocked, after trying to figure out why ours stopped working, and saw all the BAD Reviews on this site! Fire Hazards, Wow, does someone have to die first? Let's get real here, be realistic, if this pertained to a baby, why, it would have recalled after just 1 or 2 mishaps! I'm reading tons, wow, a disappointed owner in Calif. Please spare yourself grief, and DO NOT BUY AMISH fireplace. Photos are available, but, why, this was cute, but, not worth losing sleep over.. I'm over this Amish non-miracle fireplace, made in China, not made in USA, as advertised.

Bought this product six years ago and had a great experience. The heater went out after six years and we bought another one. Our new one is works fine. However, the sales/operations people are, based on my experience, borderline fraudulent. We bought our new fireplace on sale and it took a month for it to be delivered (they finally admitted that they oversold and did not have the product. A UPS label was created to make us think that it was sitting in the warehouse. No one who was supposed to call us back ever did).

We received the credit card bill a week after the fireplace arrived and they billed us for another $270, claiming that we bought it off sale. I disputed the bill before I called Heat Surge and they wanted us to fax the credit card statement and have a supervisor review it. When I told them that the bill was already being disputed and they would receive a call from USAA they agreed to issue a credit in three to five days. We will see if in fact they follow through. The sales practices of this company should be investigated by the Feds.

I have 2 Mini Heat Surge Fireplaces... One of them I kept on consistently for 4 months during the coldest months of the year, and yes, it saved me $200 in heating costs over 2 months. However, the Heating Element burned out. I purchased 2 Heating Element/Blower units on eBay -- exact units (thinking I would have one for a year from now), and upon replacing the 1st element instantly smoked and burned out, and the 2nd one heats up, but with very little heat. The blowers work fine. It is the Heating Element that burns out.

This little fireplace is cute, but way too expensive to only use 1 season and then have to start replacing heating elements. I have spent $50 on heating elements, and it is still not working correctly. Parts are IMPOSSIBLE to find. The Company does not Support its product with offering replacement parts, or replacement part numbers, or diagrams for replacing parts.

We have had the mini heater since August 2014, plugged it in for the first time this winter and only used it two to three times and it caught on fire. Contacted the company and have had no response. Luckily, my husband was sitting right beside it. Do not use if you have one!!

I received a Heat Surge electric fireplace as a gift. It was great at first - kept the room toasty. Within a short time the unit stopped working. We tried all the troubleshooting steps to no avail (the "reset button" did nothing - not even click). When I called the company to inquire about replacing the unit I was told they didn't sell the insert so I'd have to buy a whole new unit. The unit itself is only 2 years old. Of course, it's "Made in China" so what did I expect. Well, for starters, I expected better support and service. Won't be buying that again.

I noticed smoke coming from my house. I ran to it and opened the door. I could see that the Amish heater was on fire in the back but the smoke was so thick I could not go into the room. The lights were out and I could hear water spraying.

The heater was in the entry to the bathroom and at the end of the wire circuit the wire was burning up the wall and across the ceiling then down to the utility tunnel for the wire and pipes. The wire burned through the pvc and started the water leak. The heater was on low and was the source of the fire that was obvious my home was only partially built.

The reason I gave this product 1 star is because I had to leave a comment. I wish I had checked this business before I purchased. Light bulbs went out first. Then tried putting in on a higher setting and it shuts off which was a good thing. I looked at my wall socket. It is burned. Going to have a electrician look at it before using this socket again. What a waste. No help from the company.

I have one that I have had for 2 years and when I plug it in it smells like something is burning so they are not worth the money you pay for them.

I really loved my Amish Fireplace until it almost burned my house down! Lucky we were right there when it malfunctioned. After having someone look at it I would not purchase another. I was told it was electrical and the circuit board burned.

I love my Amish Heater Fire place; however, it seems impossible to find replacement parts.

I received a promotion through the mail to order another Amish heater because I have purchased 4 of them. I sent them a check on November 3, 2014 and it is now December 3, 2014 and I have not received my order nor have I received a reason why I have not received the product. I called today and they said they were on back orders. WHAT? No one had contacted me about this. I am getting ready to leave the state and asked if they could deliver the heat to another address. They said maybe. MAYBE? No guarantee. It is winter. Where is my heater? The check has cleared the bank. I am very disappointed.

I saw an ad in the US Today article about Amish manufactured heaters. You had said you would get a heater for $386 w/ one free. Bought the heaters on the premise that they made by the Amish in the USA. On the back of the heater you see conflicting information, one stamp on the electrical portion/box of the heater reads Made in China. A stamp on the wooden portion reads Made in the USA. Sounds like false advertising to me. First they said I didn't qualify for the free heater for some reason then the lights on, the heater go out and they say I need to repair and pay for it myself. I got scammed.

I run a space heater repair center and get these 'Amish' fireplaces in for repair, at least one per week. These have very cheap construction, poor wiring, and cheap parts. The biggest problem with these is that the wiring connectors fail and burn off. The fans also fail repeatedly because there is no air filtration whatsoever and the fans collect all the dust from room and eventually can't blow anymore. The cabinets do not look handmade at all.

I have not had any problems with overheating and fire. Not really sure if saves me any money because I only use at night when watching TV in my basement. I received a rebate for a heart surge touch because it has been determined that I am eligible to receive a rebate because my unit that purchased on 11/28/2011 was not equipped with a combination of all the new advanced technology. I have to pay $296 to them to receive the new one and I can keep the old one. Not sure if good because of all the problems I have been reading here.

I have purchased 4 Amish fireplaces. I gave one as a gift. Two of my fireplaces are shutting off shortly after being turned on. My other fireplace I had to take to an electrician and get the cord replaced, it kept overheating. Since that fireplace is in the basement I am not sure if it is functioning normally, I haven't turned it on this year. After reading some reviews I hope the one I gave my son doesn't act up. He has 2 small children and I would hate for a fire. At that point I would wholeheartedly deem Heat Surge responsible and not have a problem suing them for selling defected items. I WON'T buy another one, certainly a waste of money.

Just plugged in my Heat Surge fireplace to use on these cool days and it's not working. Had it since 2010. I used it last year and it worked fine. Going to call them tomorrow and see what's going on. Maybe they will send me a new one or used one. It really helped me heat up one of my rooms that stays cold. They sent me bulbs cause they notice that the ones wasn't putting out enough heat. That's one problem they figured out. But I would love to know why mine's not working.

My Amish fireplace started kicking the breaker when used on high within a month of purchase. After contacting the company, I was sent to a repair shop 45 minutes from my home, in another state. My heater has been in the repair shop for 5 months. The shop just call and said they are no longer doing business with them because they will not sent parts. Please do not buy this product. My unit has Multiple defects, after one month's use.

Did not use the fireplace last year because it was moved into a room not used very often, but had a direct plug in from the electric box. This was decided as the plug heated up when in use (do not know what happen if just plugged in as we never checked it then), however, when we plugged the heater up and tried to use it this past winter, nothing doing. No lights no bells, no nothing. Residing in the Deep South, we did not use the heater for any long period of time during the time we have had it. Apparently the Amish People may have built the cabinet (as was advertised mostly to get our respect and confidence), but the supplier from China took advantage of their lack of business sense and sold them faulty heater and equipment. This does not justify them not standing behind the equipment as it was their choice to do business with the supplier and should have checked everything out before offering the heater to the trusting consumers. The Amish can count me out and anyone who will listen to me...

The first winter we tried to use this heater, the heating element quit working. WE took it out of the heater and mailed it to you. WE have yet to hear one word from you guys. Thanks.

I had actually purchased two of these to help lower my heating bills. I have had nothing but trouble out of them. They won't run. They beep constantly, shut off and there is no reset. When you call customer service, they will provide ways to get it to run momentarily then you end up sending it back after warranty is out. This is definitely not a product that I would purchase again. I paid $500 apiece for these things and didn't work six months!

While sitting in the living room watching the news, my heat surge plug melted at the outlet. The thing wasn't even running. When I called customer service, they offered to sell me a new one. I bought three of them in 2011 and gave one of them as a gift. I read some of the complaints filed and the individuals claimed the same problem. Do we have to wait for someone's house to catch fire risking lives to put an end to this problem?

Last night, our second heater stopped working. We purchased one several years ago and was very satisfied with it so we ordered a second one for the dining room. About 3 weeks ago, heater #1 stopped working and then last night #2 stopped working. Reset button worked for # 1 for about 2 hours, then it died completely and # 2 the reset button would not work at all. I love the appearance of the cabinets but the heating elements should last longer than 2 years. Of course, they are out of warranty and they will sell me a new one with a rebate coupon and more money. We had just bought one of the mini ones for our motor home so I guess we can expect it to go out in a year or two. Should have went with Bob Villa and his heater. Guess I will take the heating units out and make some book shelves.

I have had a Miracle fireplace for several years. It has suddenly started overheating the electrical outlet. At one point it was burning the outlet when the power was not on even on, but it was still plugged into the outlet.

Worst purchase I ever made!! Kept getting hot and turning off. Customer service said they were sending a new one and to return the old one in the box they were sending me. It never arrived. Then when I called them again, they suddenly had no record of me as a customer. But today I receive an instant rebate on another one because of my original purchase. How did I get this rebate if they have no record of me? This company needs to be shut down!

Amish Miracle Fireplace Company Profile