Amish Miracle Fireplace

89 Amish Miracle Fireplace Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

My father purchased two of the Amish heaters in 2010. We have used them, every winter since, and they still work beautifully. I would like to say, that the advertisement we saw, did say that it was “Amish Inspired” and that the heating system was built and imported from the “Far East”. So, I’m not surprised, that it wasn’t actually crafted by the Amish, or that the heater was made in China. However, they do have an Amish spokesperson. So I can see why, many of you, believe it was supposed to be crafted by the Amish. I think it sucks, that so many of you have had, what sounds like horrible experiences. But don’t blame the Amish, even the spokesperson, I doubt he even knows about your experiences.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I was given this fireplace while out of work to help with my electric bill. It worked for 3 weeks and now keeps tripping off. Will not run more than 15 minutes and then cuts off. Waste of money, I'll just have to put more blankets on me.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We purchased a heater and it never worked. They sent a refurbished one. It worked for 5 min. Have been trying to take care of this for almost a month. They say they will not refund the money that they will send a return label so we can send it back and never have received anything. The last guy we talked to was very rude and ignorant. We want our money back.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Amazing... No customer service… I have called their number every day for a month and NO ANSWER (they just put you on hold or don't answer!!!). I have sent emails and no answer!!! Terrible and frustrating and with the three fireplaces I purchased I have spent approx. $1,000. This company does not deserve to be in business.

Original review: May 7, 2017

We purchased our fireplace (Amish Heat Surge Electric Fireplace) a few years ago and after and the first season the flame drive motor started making noises and after a few days it started smoking. I tried to call the company for customer service and each time I was put on endless hold. I tried to contact them on five different occasions with no luck. Hence I started send emails but they never answered. I feel this company is ripping people off by offering a product that they won't back up. I can't even order parts to repair it. My advice is don't buy it for the heater. The cabinet looks nice and will give me heat if I burn it in my conventional fireplace.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amish Miracle Fireplace?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I purchased a Heat Surge Fireplace on Jan. 28th 2014. As I spend my winters in Florida it was only used for probably no more than 10 to 15 hours over 2014 and 2015. This season in Dec of 2016 we had a few cool days, so I turned the fireplace on. It started up just fine and after two minutes it shut off. I tried it again and again with same results. I called the company in Canton OH and was put on hold for an hour before I gave up and sent them and email. I received and answer stating that my inquiry would attended in the order it was received. I was given a Ticket number **. Then nothing.

I sent three more emails and got the same answer and the same ticket number. Looking at the size of the ticket number I'll be long dead before they get to me. Judging from reading the number of complaints on your site many others have experienced the same problems. The "catching fire" was a new on me. If you have any influence with the government you should ask it to put a recall on these defective products. It's also very obvious that the company is using deceptive advertising by stating the fireplaces are made in the U.S.A. when actually only the wooden box was made by "Amish" people. I can't believe that Amish people would actually lie. The electronics are made China which would explain the poor quality. Please add me to your list of complainees.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I got the rebate info and ordered 2 more heaters... They are terrible. Don't heat up... You have to be standing in front of them for the remote to work... Tried to call 5 times they put you on hold. I waited up to hour each time. Horrible company. Don't buy from them. I guess I'm stuck with these 2 terrible heaters. Heard so many stories about fires. Scared of them now.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2016

I have recently purchased another heat surge fireplace and cannot get it to operate. I have followed the troubleshooting procedures and have attempted to contact Heat Surge customer service for assistance.. I have been continuously been put on hold for over 1 hour without my call being answered. This product is JUNK in my opinion!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2016

I now have 3 electric fireplaces that do not work. I have spent $1800.00 and I can't get customer service or call in doesn't work, told to call back when not busy? Very frustrated... After reading all the complaints by other customers, I told can be added to this endless list. I need compensation for these electric fireplaces that do nothing! This was not what I hear and read from Heat Surge tv ads, completely false... I would like my name added to the many complaints about these heaters.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

Piece of junk. Oh yeah, the wood is beautiful. But if I wanted something made out of wood by the Amish I would have bought a chair. The fireplace insert is defective and dangerous. We have plugged ours in several outlets in various rooms and after about 2 min it shuts off. It does not work and we can not get our money back. It was a gift and the person who bought it for us can not get any help either from the company. If you value your life, home, and those you love, do not buy this. Something ain't right with this thing, Piece of junk.

Amish Miracle Fireplace Company Information