Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 131 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Standard upholds a longstanding history of excellence. For over 140 years, we have been a leader in providing bathroom product solutions. Through our quality engineering and innovation, we help our customers preserve their safety, comfort, and independence. Our walk-in baths come equipped with a RevitaJet™ hydrotherapy system, Quick Drain® system, and 44 strategically placed air and water jets for the ultimate in therapeutic comfort. We also offer a lifetime warranty for the tub, installation, and labor. With a strong legacy to support us, we raise the standard for all walk-in tub needs. Contact us today.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 12, 2018

141 American Standard Walk-in Baths Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018
24x48 tub, 16 water jets, patented door system, 28 air spa massage jets, in line Whirlpool heater, quick drain, revitaljet hyrdotherapy system, neck pillow, premium faucet w/ handle-held shower wand, electronic controls chromatherapy, tub extender, aromatherapy. Could not get hot water and could not get more

water than to cover my feet.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

We're getting older and our health situation is a little iffy. American Standard Walk-In Tubs' guarantee was good forever and they would come fix if something goes wrong. Their installers were really awesome. Installation was done in just one day. Our house was very old and they ran into some problem but still got it all done. They even put wood where the wood was not so good on the floor. They're very efficient and they clean up everything. They explained how everything works, so when they left we're all comfortable with it. Also, the tub is sealed and I don't have to worry that my husband is going to fall.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I didn't have a great experience with American Standard Walk-in Baths. My wife is handicapped and it looked like American Standard will work for us. But if I headed to do it over, I would just have one very similar to that from Lowe's or Home Depot. My brother did that and it only cost him about $2,500 to buy the tub and get it installed, but it cost me about $15,000.

The salesman was knowledgeable and he helped me out with the details of the product. The installation team put the tub in okay but I had a problem when they did the caulking around the tub. The installation started out with three guys. The third guy was really good but he was only here for one day. The other two guys were here for two days and the guy who did the caulking didn't know what he was doing and made a real mess. I have a professional carpenter that has done other stuff for us and I paid him to come and clean up the mess. I let American Standard know the issue I had and I got a phone call asking me about what went on. I told them exactly and they were going to take care of it but I never heard anymore about it. I use the tub more than my wife and it is okay but the tub was too expensive.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

We love our tub. The problem is that in the wintertime the tub takes two cycles of hot water from the heater to fill the tub. The salesman, John **, my wife and I checked the capacity of the heater (40 gallons) before sale and it was deemed sufficient. I am a 78 year old senior on fixed income with diabetic neuropathy who has spent sixteen thousand plus on an appliance that is difficult to use. Rest assured that I will tell my friends and not recommend your product because a salesperson needed a commission or to meet his quota. In effect you have sacrificed a few sales so that one salesman could meet his quota.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

The installation was very good and I was very impressed with the installer. I'm 76 years old and the American Standard walk-in tub helps me. It's a lot better than trying to get in and out of the tub. And my legs are better than they were before. It's a great tub and I'm very satisfied with my experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I decided to get a walk-in tub when I got older and since I have some problems with my knees, I would need to soak my knees in. I had been looking at American Standard for a couple of years. I had gone to a company over in San Rafael to look but backed off. Then, we made an appointment with the in-home sales rep from American Standard and a nice gentleman came to make a presentation for me and my wife. We stay in a Victorian and we had a concern if the tub would fit in when getting it up the stairs or when it enters the house. The guy took the measurements and talked about the way I wanted it to go. We then decided that it could be done.

I had someone come in and prepare the room for them to do the demolition. The installation team came and handled their business for two days. Everything went fine after. However, since I’m a big guy who is 6’5 and weighs about 350, I have an issue where the water doesn’t come as high as I thought I would. Getting in and out of the tub is fine, but if my wife gets in it, it comes up much higher on her than it does to me. I would have preferred to have gotten a tub that was higher where the water would come rather than around my waist. American Stand should also take into consideration the size of the individual getting in. Also, they were supposed to bring a toilet as part of the sales. I made several calls to the home office to find out why the toilet wasn’t delivered, and they eventually brought it.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

The American Standard sales rep was real nice and I like the way he explained the product. The installation team was fine, too.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I checked out three companies and American Standard had a better designed tub and came out the best. The sales rep was really nice. He was also very polite and kind to my mother. He talked to her and I felt very comfortable about getting the tub. The installation team was also very professional. The guy took his time and installed the tub. He broke up the old tub and made sure that we were not being inconvenienced. They closed the door so we wouldn't hear all the cracking and breaking. American Standard is a great tub and my mom loves it. She uses it three to four times a week. The only thing she complains about is that the smaller holes in the tub blow cold air. They tried to fix it several times but it didn't work out. I'm going to have them keep trying and see if they can fix it.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I’ve had a knee replacement, and my only shower was upstairs. So, I had American Standard put in a shower for me, but I can’t use it because the back shelf that they added to extend it to the wall is not leveled. So, when I turn on the shower, all the water goes down and comes around the tub and goes on the floor. So, I haven’t been able to use the shower at all.

The first time I called them and told them about the problem, they said that they’d take care of it. Two and a half weeks went by and I realized that they hadn’t called, so I called them back, and all they said to me was that they’re not going to do anything about it. It was really crude of them to say that they’re not going to help me at all when they first said that they will send somebody. They didn’t pay attention to the levelling when they installed it. The first guy that put the tile in said that it was not leveled, and he didn’t know what to do about it because he didn’t put it in. So, he went ahead and tiled.

I’ve had two or three different companies come in and tell me that there’s something wrong with it, and that the shelf is not levelled. So, the water hits it and runs down the corner and then down the back of the tub and on the floor. Now, I can’t take a shower and wash my hair because I can’t go upstairs. So, I’d have to go to a beauty shop and get my hair done.

When I was looking around for a shower, I found one at American Standard. I then called the number, and the salesman came and I decided on this shower rather than going to Home Depot. The salesman was nice and obliging, and he helped me a great deal. American Standard even called me every week during the first two weeks to see how I liked the product, and I kept telling them that I couldn’t use the shower yet, so I couldn’t tell them. Then when I found out what the problem was and I called the salesman about the it, he didn’t want to talk to me. I had more than three people come in to work on it, and the first three said that the back ledge has to come out. So, I had to put the walling twice. But I told them that there was no reason for that, and that they just had to take the ledge out and put one that fits in, and is leveled.

I also had much lower bids from other companies, but I decided to take this one because it sounded right and clear. But I found out later that I paid several thousand dollars more than the thing sells to other people for. So, they play about that, too. I’m really disgusted with American Standard Walk-in Baths, and would never recommend their products.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

American Standard has a good, solid reputation so we bought a walk-in tub from them. Their sales rep was excellent. She was so professional and knowledgeable. She didn’t push us. She wasn’t smart alecky. She was too good. Fact is, I don’t know if we ever bought anything over TV like that before and we’re 72 years old. It’s not customary for us to buy anything we saw on TV. The installation guys were courteous and professional as well. There was no drawback at all. We didn’t feel any problem with having them in our house. The only thing was the price was higher than I thought it would be.

My wife and I both are beginning to have some mobility problems. In my particular case, if I’m maybe feeling kind of bad and I feel like I need a little recharge, I don’t have any problem with just going and getting in the tub. Whereas with the old tub, it was hard to get in and hard to get out. And it’s nice not have to use that one anymore. I would definitely tell my friends that they ought to look into this product before they look any further.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

My parents are old, and they come here often and stay with me for a few months, so the tub is for their convenience. They can sit down and take a bath on it. I'm getting old now as well and it's good to have a walk-in tub so I can sit down and take a bath. In 2015, I had a walk-in tub installed by American Standard and spent $14,000. However, I had a very bad experience. I don't like the walk-in tub at all. It's damaged and though there's a lifetime warranty, nothing is good. The water is coming out from the top of the edges and I don't like how they fixed it. The slope is not right and on the edges, they put crack to join the wall and the tub. The level is not in the proper way so whenever I take a shower, the water goes over there and comes out from the tub.

I've told American Standard to properly fix it since four people use it every day, taking a shower and sometimes using the bath too. It's been only two years and I'm not happy with it. And now, I can't replace the tub again since the tub is expensive to replace. The tub is good for older people and it is helpful if they properly install it. I love the tub and I'd tell my friends to make sure they get the right installment people who do the labor work properly.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I’ve been thinking about getting a tub for a while, and I saw the ad of American Standard on TV. We called them and someone came to our home. The setup process worked fine for us. The installation was efficient, and the tub is what we thought it would be. It’s quite an expense, but we need it so we put it in and we’re happy. As you get older, it’s harder to get in and out of a regular tub. With this tub, you’re not as fearful of falling and that’s the big thing. Along with the tub, came a new toilet. We like the idea that it doesn't use as much water, but when you flush it, it's not as complete as it should be.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

My wife had been looking at walk-in tubs for years. We’d had some people to come out here and the American Standard rep was super. The installers were efficient but they didn’t want to come back the next time to finish the job because it’s too far from where their headquarters are. But they were back out the next day. My wife uses the tub and she loves sitting in it and the warm water. Plus it looks great. I’ve already recommended them.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Our interactions with the sales representative who came to the house were fantastic and he was very friendly. We just called the 800 number and they arranged for a gentleman to come talk to us. The installation team was pretty good. They were tired as they did have an awfully long trip, but they got the job done. I had to call them back because I had a little problem and the guy came back to fixe it.He was also nice.My wife uses the tub all the time. She's a stage four cancer survivor and her joints seem to get sore and stiffen up. She uses it nearly daily and the massage works extremely well for her. I also like to do massage baths and Jacuzzi type of deal, but it’s just not big enough for me. Only half my family can use it. I also don’t need to be put in a mood with its aroma, and mood lights, so I’m already in a bad mood when I get in it. So, they need a model without all the frills. The bubbles and the jets are fantastic if I could just get in there to enjoy it.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

My husband got in touch with American Standard and their representative was very convincing. Also, everything went fine with the installation team. In other tubs, we can lean back and relax more. But with the American Standard walk-in tub, we have to sit up in it, so we don’t use it that much.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

We had a stroke so we looked into walk-in tubs. The American Standard’s sales representative was good at his job. My son was watching the installers and he thought they were quite good. It was an easy installation because they put it in our basement bathroom. However, the tub isn't deep enough. We've had a lot of hot tubs and we wanted our whole body almost down to our neck to be submerged and there was no way we could get it done. Even the seats were not comfortable, which is where we slide down. It’s more like an upright chair, which was not good. It would be better we could be on the end of the water on the shoulders since that would be the needed massage as we get older. What we get were massage from the middle of the back and the legs. But otherwise, the drain of the tub was very good. The tub does what people say, then it drains itself quite fast, so I don't freeze to death.

My husband has therapy every about four times a week and none of the therapists will put him in there because he can't stand, but he's beginning to be able to maneuver a little bit with his arms. Overall, I would recommend American Standard Walk-in Baths, but they won't fit everybody. I'm glad my husband and I were short because then, we can’t go down far enough in the water. My grandson and sons-in-law are all about 6'2" and I'd love to see how they're going to fit in there.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I had a knee replacement and the orthopedic surgeon that I had said that if I ever ran across some money that I put myself in one of those walk-in tubs. My insurance company paid part of the cost of the tub. We love the sales rep. He came out here and did an okay job. Now the installation, my husband and I disagreed totally on that. I thought the guy that put it in was a baboon. My husband thought he was great. But he's not a follow-upper. I had places on my wall and my hallway that were never fixed as a result of bringing the tub in. We live in an older house and older neighborhood, and some of those hallways and some of those doorways are not especially made for the tub. So, they ruined the paint on my hallway wall and there was nothing said about it.

The tub is still not properly installed. It wasn't shored up properly. They replaced the gasket on the tub and what they did on the gasket wasn't correct. So, it's a big thing to get service on this tub, although we were told it had a lifetime warranty on it. I even talked to the man that owns the company and he sent people out here. But they're sitting in one place and I'm sitting someplace else.

It's a good product and I've enjoyed many hours in it. I like the tub part but there are definitely some design flaws in it. I find it extremely difficult to clean, like where the door closes. The method of cleaning that we were told to do is not sufficient to me. I feel like there are some design issues that someone should have taken a little closer look at before they let it out on the street. It even got a hole in the part where the door slams. There was a hole in the bottom of that material. Now, that came from American Standard. It's poor material to me. That was not the people that I bought it from or the installation, that was the company, American Standard.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I like my American Standard walk-in tub. It looks good, has more jets and the water runs out close to three minutes which is fast. it costs a little bit too much money, but I'm not really paying for the amount. My mother is 80 something years old and I don’t want her to be walking into a regular tub. I would prefer her to go into a walk-in tub where I wouldn't be worrying about her slipping, falling, and hitting her head. Other than that, the sales rep that I talked to was pretty good and knowledgeable. Their installers were excellent as well. After the installation, I turned on the water and it was pouring at the valve. The installers were already almost 90 miles away but they came back to fix the problem and I've had no problem since. But if I did, American Standard has no representative in El Paso that could take care of the problem right now. I would be waiting for two or three days for a person to come out.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

American Standard is a brand that I've known that all my life. My mother always thought that was the best company so I grew up knowing that was a good brand. My son got me their walk-in tub because he thought it would be helpful to me, but I haven't had the best of luck with it. I got in to take a bath one time and I forgot to get my towel and washcloth. I couldn't reach them. I'll be 92 the 20th of this month and at this age, I don't remember a lot of things. It took a while to drain the tub. There's no fault in the tub though but it was not what I wanted. I wanted just the tub and a small one. This walk-in tub is big. Other than that, the installers were really nice and very helpful. I talked to them when they were installing the faucets and things and they were telling me about that.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I got an American Standard Walk-In Tub for my wife after she had a stroke. I knew what I was getting and the rep that talked to me was nice enough and he didn't push. The installation went in very nicely. My wife loved the tub and used it quite a bit. But about a year later, she had another stroke and now she is bed bathed. I used thetub a couple of times too and I enjoyed it. My nephew has one too.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I would recommend American Standard to my friends. I was very pleased because their salesman came out more than one time to accommodate my decision-making process which took a while, three months. He was pleasant and when I asked him to come back, he did and told me things that I needed because my electric box needed adjusting to accommodate the tub. It was helpful. Now I can sit down and take a bath. But I wish the tub is a little longer because we're tall. I'm 5'6" and my husband is 6'1/2" so he doesn’t get to stretch his legs out. I wish the tub is a little higher because by the time we fill it with water, the water doesn’t come all the way up above our chest.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

The American Standard sales rep we dealt with was very good on how he presented himself and just about everything. It was a positive experience. The installation team was very professional and they did a good job too. Since using the tub, I've been more relaxed. I’ve enjoyed it very much.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

American Standard Walk-In Tubs is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I cannot believe I ever have anything that would turn upside down. It started out last September and they just finished last week. When their salesman came, he was very polite, kind, and very informative. He got pictures of my electric panel and he told me right there that it didn't have enough power available. They had to put a sub panel in. We went for the deal with the Jacuzzi tub then they came to put it in.

When the installers came, they told me they can't put it in and my sub panel wouldn't work. It can't get electricity to my tub. So I asked why it wouldn't work when I get electricity everywhere else in the house and I did that for a new furnace, and so they did it. Then, we made an agreement that I would take my Jacuzzi. That let them for $5000 off but they didn't want to write a new contract. They wanted to charge me the whole boat, for the subpanel, the jacuzzi, the whole thing. They wouldn't refile about it. So, then I told them to put the soaker tub in and they came to put it in. But they got the wrong tub. It wouldn't fit, but put it in anyhow so it wouldn't work.

Then, there was a big hole in my floor. Bugs and everything else came in the house and so called and cried and screamed until they finally sent a guy back and he put foam in the hole. But then, the tub wouldn't drain, so they sent a guy again and he came out and fixed it. They blamed it all on the salesman. But they can't do that. He was honest about everything he said. He took a picture of it and they told me what he had, and then they went on doing the deal and I ended up paying $8000 for a stupid walk-in soaker tub and I’m paying $100 a month and it's not what I wanted.

I needed a walk-in tub. My wife and I are both handicapped, and I can't afford to fall out of here and break another hip. I fell out of the regular shower once, and then from there, it's one catastrophe after another. I was there taking a bath and I couldn't get off because the drain wouldn't drain so I tried to crawl over the side of this walk-in tub, and then I fell, backward out on the floor because I'm wet. My wife helped picked me up and she told me that I shouldn't crawl out. I asked her if she wants me to sit in there for five hours because I couldn't open the door. The tub was full.

I was very unhappy with the way I was treated. They don't even understand me. In fact, when I called about the drain after the second time I fell out of the tub, trying to crawl out. They told me to take the little butterfly at the bottom of the tub, then followed up that I should take out the screw there. So I said it's not at the bottom of the tub and I would not be screwing anything around. I picked up a tub that was supposed to work and I want the tub to work. So I told them that I don't care what they do, but nobody is going to get paid if I don't get my tub to work. For the price I paid for the tub and the months I went without a service, I'm not touching anything.

Also, they put that hot water and cold water faucet backward and the guy that came and fixed the drain laughed. He noticed the faucets are backward and changed them. Overall, I'm very dissatisfied. For a supposed to be a big company, I've had to fight from Day 1. I agreed to do a $14,000 installation, which is absolutely stupid.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

My wife is 72 years old and I figured that a walk-in tub would be something good for her to use. It would be easier for her to get in and out of it. We had a redwood tub with a shower, but she had to raise her legs to get over the bathtub. That wasn’t happening. I wish I would have just gotten the walk-in shower instead of the walk-in bathtub, because she’ll have better access to the shower in and out. She still has to raise her foot up a good bit just to get in and that’s the problem she’s having since she has a problem with her legs. With a rolling shower though, there is hardly any lift.

Three years ago, she had circulation problems in her legs. I got the tub so that she can sit in the hot water with the jets to help comfort her legs. It was feasible at the time when I bought it, however it's not working now since she has got more circulation problems than that. Another reason why I got the tub is so my wife could sit in it and would adjust everything. But now, when she's getting up in age, it's getting hard to raise her leg high enough to get in it since she needs access and help to raise her leg to get in it. She won't use the tub unless I'm there.

Other than that, the sales and the service were terrific. Everything was good. They did what they said they were going to do and explained everything well. They had an electrician come in and hook up a special outlet for the tub since it needs its own circuit. I would recommend the tub to others if they ask me about it, but first I would ask why are they getting it. I would tell them that American Standard Walk-in Baths is okay down the line, but they should look at this before they make a decision.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I love the bathtub. It's for my dad and he loves it, too. We couldn’t be without it. We had a little issue with it and American Standard sent someone right away to fix it. The only issues I had were with the installers. It took six months to install and that was lengthier than I was told. The installation process was a nightmare but other than that, I’m happy and satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I looked for walk-in tubs and Kohler and American Standard were the only two highly rated ones. I got estimates from both and felt like American Standard gave me more input and information than the representative from Kohler, so I went with American Standard. The rep spent quite a bit of time going over what they do and how they do it in which the competitor would just blanket over everything.

Apparently, when they got ready to go, they found out that their permit hadn’t been processed properly. That threw them back so they had to do that. It wasn’t a big deal, but it cost them a couple of weeks, but once they got in, they were very professional about it. They had to remove the old tub and a lot of stuff and ended up having to build a facade around it so it would fit into the area that the old tub was in. They also had to do some tile work that had to be taken out to get the tub, and then they cut it and put it back in, which I’m sure they really didn’t plan on doing. It was all done under the roughly $16,000 that the tub and the installation cost.

I got it for my wife because I was having to lift her physically out of our tub. She didn’t have the strength to do it on her own. She could have crawled out, but I didn’t want that. I also knew sooner or later that my back was going to go out and I needed to do something. Once the tub got in, I found out that we had to put her in an assisted living situation, so she really never used the tub. I used it once and I was disappointed, but it was because of my misunderstanding of what hydrotherapy meant.

I was looking at my hot tub outside where I turn on the jets to touch my back at high. They work my muscles over and I was expecting the same thing with the tub. The jets came out, but it was not at the force that massaged the muscles, it was the heating. I was stupid to think that I was going to get jet propulsion. I called and asked them to put a higher horsepower motor, and I was told that they don't recommend doing that because it would possibly blow out all the other connections in there.

So, I’m living with it and I wash my dogs in it because they can sit on the seat and I don’t have to bend over the tub when I wash them. The dogs don’t like bathing there any better than they do on the tub, but it’s easier on my back. So, I’ve got a very expensive dog-washing area. Other than that, everything American Standard did was exactly what I expected them to do. I love that the toilet they installed was part of it. It’s a very fast flush toilet which has saved a lot of water. I have recommended them to a friend of mine whose wife has MS.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

We made contact with the American Standard rep the day he came and he was very cordial and informative. Plus the warranty was an attractive selling point. The installers were very nice. They kept the house very clean and were very efficient in their work. Now it feels safer taking a bath with the tub. I like the way it’s installed in the bathroom, and I also like the Quick Drain feature on it.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I have knee problems and with the American Standard tub, I can get into the tub, sit down and take a shower. Whereas before, I had to lift my leg over the edge of the tub, hold on to a shower and not be able to sit down. The team who installed it was late because we were having a bad weather, but that made no difference. They were very courteous and thoughtful in all the things they did. Overall, the tub has been very convenient and my husband enjoys it also. It was better than he thought it would be. For that, we would recommend it thoroughly.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

American Standard has been around forever. Their walk-in tub is very good but I have questions about the care of it which I need to talk about with their customer care. Other than that, everything is just like it's supposed to be. My husband and I are safer and we are very pleased. Others should try it too.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

The rep who spoke with us about American Standard Walk-In Tubs was courteous and nice. My daughter ordered the tub for us and the installation team did a good job. They were courteous, watched what they were doing, were careful about the house and cleaned up after themselves. It took them a day and a half to put it all together and they worked efficiently. I like everything about the tub and I use it a lot.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information

855-858-5417
www.americanstandardbaths.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use