2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.34/5

American Residential Warranty provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with The Warranty Group to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

We know how important it is to have your appliances, electronics and systems covered in case something happens. American Residential Warranty has four home warranty plans and a three-in-one bundle to fit all your needs. Call us today to learn more!

American Residential Warranty Video
American Residential Warranty Gallery (1)

BOTTOM LINE

American Residential Warranty offers nationwide coverage and ample protection for your home. While there are some limited caps, ARW provides coverage for items many home warranties do not plus flexible contract terms.

PROS

• Select your contractor
  • Electronics plan available
  • Nationwide coverage
  • Long-term contract not required

CONS

• Some systems have limited caps
  • Homeowner is responsible for contacting approved contractor

Top American Residential Warranty Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Could not have asked for a more comfortable, seamless and efficient experience. More proof that ARW was a very wise choice and a sound investment. From the courtesy of the ARW representative to the service provided, it gives me all the more confidence in ARW should I need help in the future.

When I called in after having trouble with my stove ARW responded with no problem. They were so great. I stared recommended people to join. It's well worth it. The monthly payments are affordable especially when repairs can be so costly. Get it and you won't regret it!

American Residential Warranty Call Now Toll Free (217) 281-0462 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

American Residential Warranty plans

American Residential Warranty is a national company that serves customers in all 50 states. The company offers a full range of products, including home warranty plans, electronics protection plans and home security systems. Homeowners can choose from the following plans to best fit their needs.

• Heating and Cooling: Covers three major home systems.
  • Kitchen Plus: Covers major kitchen appliances, plus your electrical system
  • Platinum: Covers major appliances, plus three major home systems.
  • Platinum Premier: The most popular and comprehensive plan ARW offers, covering 17 major appliances and systems.
  • 4-in-1 Bundle: Covers all appliances and systems covered under Platinum Premier, plus extended coverage, sewer and water line coverage and electronics protection.

American Residential Warranty cost

The average cost for American Residential Warranty is between $40–$60/month depending on the plan you select. In addition to the regular monthly fee, customers will pay a one-time $39 enrollment fee regardless of the plan they choose.

Their most popular plan, Platinum Premier, runs $59.99. This is on the higher end of typical home warranty costs, which generally range from $30–$60/month.

American Residential Warranty has flexible payment plans, and customers can choose whether they’d like to pay annually, quarterly or monthly. American Residential Warranty’s service fees run $55 per visit, which is one of the lowest fees we’ve seen in the industry.

PlanAverage Monthly Cost
Heating and Cooling$39.99
Kitchen Plus$34.99
Platinum$49.99
Platinum Premier$59.99
4-in-1 Bundle$124.99

American Residential Warranty coverage

The Platinum Premier package from American Residential Warranty is their most popular plan and covers the following items

Covered appliances:

• Plumbing wax seals
  • Pool/spa

American Residential Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Original review: July 1, 2020

We had a leak around the roman bathtub and we placed a claim with American Residential Warranty, I did this online on their website which was very user friendly. They contacted me promptly the next morning and were going to find a local provider ASAP. They called a couple of days later to let me know they were having problems finding a provider in the area. After a few more days, they decided that they were going to send me a check for $350 so I could get a plumber myself. I took care of it and was very satisfied with the result. Thanks for being on top of the claim and following up the way you did.

Hello Carlos,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2020

The dryer technician arrived early on the day of the appointment, I explained the problem of high heat smelled like the dryer was over heating, he found the problem in less than 10 minutes, put his test meter inside the dryer. He said it was working and it has been working better than when I called them. My washer technician came the following week. He was very polite. He asked me the problem. I told him and He knew the problem which it needed new parts. He ordered the parts to come to my house, schedule the an appointment to have a technician to come on June 8th to install the parts. The technician arrived on time, polite, friendly, got right to work, finished the job, cleaned up where he was working and left me a sample of tide pods. I had to call the company that ARW sent twice to check on the parts and they were very friendly and understanding.

Hello Barbara,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 6, 2020

My dryer was not getting hot and blowing out cool air. I explained the problem and the person in charge took care of it with their next opening. It was not hard or long to get an appointment. What I really like about the service is they call to confirm if You are pleased with the service. If they felt you were not pleased with the service they will have the service tech return and explain what was done and whats the next step. I'm pretty please with this warranty. I just dont like to feel like I'm paying two bills..When I'm paying for this warranty and giving them an additional $50 before they are scheduled to come out, I just think that's too much.

It just my opinion, and I've always said, we all have a voice and a choice, we just need to learn when to use them. I would recommend this warranty service to many. Thus far I have nothing to complain about. It's a real headache and can be very stressful when and if you have an appliance that just won't work correct and you know you've done what was needed and all options are gone on your end. To have this warranty and this must need plan is great.

Hello Emelda,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I have had a warranty with American Residential going on 2 years and I can't say enough positive things about it. When I first moved into my home I went with a home warranty suggested by my realtor and it was a complete hassle to set up a claim and the contractors were slow to come out and not extremely competent. Also the final price after what the warranty covered was high so it didn't really offer me any peace of mind. I am a single mom of a toddler who works full time and doesn't have any extra time, money, or peace of mind to spare. I researched all the home warranties available and saw the high reviews so I thought I'd try it and see.

I have had amazing customer service with American Home Warranty. It's easy and fast to make a claim and they are very responsive. The contractors who they send out are professional, competent and fair. If there is an extra charge over the $50 fee for each service call it is totally fair and reasonable. The contractor who have been called out have come quickly and resolved the issue quickly. I am so very happy with this company. Thank you so much for giving this single busy mom some peace of mind. I would highly recommend them.

Hello Elizabeth,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

My wife contacted ARW because the dishwasher would not run and our previous tenant told us it was not draining properly. When we came back to the house, the dishwasher would not run. ARW sent a plumber within 48 hours and he determined that the sump, heater element, and drain pump were all broken and needed to be replaced. We had originally asked that the dishwasher be replaced since so many parts had to be replaced - but ARW said it was more cost effective to replace the parts and see if it worked first. The plumber returned and was fantastic - he had all the parts replaced and the dishwasher is running like new. I wanted to thank the Corporate Office rep (J.R.) who helped us coordinate the Claim since ARW is rarely able to find our account, but corporate office is always able to locate our account.

Hello Anthony,

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

ARS has been very good to us and responded right away to our claim. Very happy to be with them vs other warranty companies. The technician they sent really helped fix our system the correct way. The process was very streamlined and hold times were not that bad under the circumstances.

Hello Jeff,

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

When my washing machine stop working, I called my insurance company, American Residential Warranty to see if it was covered. Customer service let me know that it was. She was very nice and helpful in working around my schedule. American Residential Warranty also called me back to let me know the technician would be out on this certain day and time.

Hello Patricia,

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Have been trying to get in touch with them for a week and it’s not letting me through... The claim has been submitted and we’ve been without an AC for over a week.. They have not contacted me or the service provider!! Been calling and no use... Starting to think I got scammed! DO NOT PURCHASE THIS WARRANTY.

Hello s a,

Our records show that a member of our claims team has reached out and provide you with an amicable resolution. Please feel free to reach out should you need anything else!

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

ARW was quickly responsive to my needs. They showed up on time and one time they were early. The men who came to my house were helpful, thorough, and knowledgeable about my issue. I would use them again. I have had several of their technicians come to my house over the years and they were honest, prompt, and quickly assessed the issue that I had and then explained what the problem was and the fixed it quickly and left. I found them to be helpful and kind. I highly recommend this company.

Hello Sharon,

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 30, 2020

I purchased this warranty thinking it would be better than others based on their AD on TV. The hold time is awful I held for 2 hours and was told wrong department transferred held another hour to be hung up on. I informed them that my Central air went out. Paid $55 to file a claim still no results. The company they sent out said the unit has to be replaced after reading these others reviews I think I am out of luck. I told them that my daughter has epilepsy and has autism and I have COPD and amputee. Due to COVID I was really concerned about going to hotel. I been waiting a week now.

Hello Nell,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to turn your experience around and look into this issue. Please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. as we would be more than happy to initiate a full review. We look forward to hearing from you.

American Residential Warranty coverage exclusions

American Residential Warranty does not include coverage for known pre-existing conditions, cosmetic damage or damage due to misuse or abuse of covered items.

The warranty doesn’t cover costs associated with refinishing walls torn down to obtain access to encased items like ductwork or plumbing, rust and corrosion, or costs to bring items up to code.

These exclusions are all standard for home warranty contracts. You can find a full list of exclusions for your home state via American Residential Warranty's sample contract.

American Residential Warranty coverage limits

American Residential Warranty only specifies coverage limits for their optional (a la carte) items. These maximums range from $500–$2,500 per item.

ItemAmerican Residential’s coverage limi
    Plumbing advantage$500
    Well pump system$1,000

American Residential Warranty claims

How to request service from American Residential Warranty:

1. Submit your claim by contacting ARW online or over the phone.
    2. ARW will assign a service provider to your claim and give you their contact information.
    3. You will call the service provider to schedule your service.
    4. A technician will diagnose and make the repair.
    5. You will pay your service call fee ($55).

Service recall period: ARW guarantees all work for 30 days on labor and 60 days on parts. In the event a repair fails within this period, ARW will send a technician to make additional repairs at no extra cost/service call fee.

Emergency service: Under normal conditions, ARW will try to get a technician to your home within 48 hours to make any necessary repairs. If your situation is deemed an emergency, they will make every attempt to rush the service to occur within 24 hours.

American Residential Warranty contractors: American Residential Warranty gives customers the option to use an ARW approved technician or pick their own contractors, unlike many other companies that only let customers use affiliated technicians. One benefit of going with an ARW approved provider is they are pre-screened by the company.

American Residential Warranty FAQ

Can I choose my own service provider for repairs?
    Yes. You’ll need to let the claims representative know in advance, and your selected technician will have to call American Residential Warranty for prior authorization before starting work.
    Can I get an American Residential Warranty without signing a long-term contract?
    Yes. ARW does not require long-term contracts. Monthly, quarterly and annual terms are available.
    Is there a cancellation fee for American Residential Warranty?
    No. There are no cancellation fees for monthly, quarterly or annual term agreements. Cancel within 30 days to receive a full refund. All refunds will be made by ARW within 30 days of cancelling. If the refund takes longer to process than 30 days, ARW will add 10 percent to your refund.

Is American Residential Warranty worth it?

American Residential Warranty makes it easy for homeowners by allowing them to bundle protection plans and even choose their own service contractors. There’s a 30-day waiting period after you buy an American Residential Warranty plan, but this is standard to most home warranty service providers. You can choose add-ons across many home-repair categories for a fully customized plan.

With their flexible plans, including a month-to-month plan, American Residential Warranty may be particularly appealing to those opposed to long-term contracts.

American Residential Warranty Company Information