It's that easy Request Information
4.77/5
Based on 407 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Residential Warranty provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with The Warranty Group to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

We know how important it is to have your appliances, electronics and systems covered in case something happens. American Residential Warranty has four home warranty plans and a three-in-one bundle to fit all your needs. Call us today to learn more!

American Residential Warranty Video
American Residential Warranty Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

653 American Residential Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I called them and ask them what day did they have open in the morning the day I took and I asked them to give me a call when he was on the way and he did here and said the name of the company he was with and took care of it and I was very satisfied.

Terry,
Thank you for taking the time to share about the recent experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear your are satisfied and that you were able to rate the service as 5-star. Please do not hesitate to give us a call anytime we can assist your.

American Residential Warranty

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

The customer service is prompt, understanding, and extremely courteous. They were extremely helpful in aiding my aging grandparents who have been longtime customers. They value loyalty and keep the customer first. I recommend them for great customer care and service.

Jamaar,
Thank you for taking the time to review the recent experience you have had with American Residential Warranty and we appreciate you acknowledging the great work our customer care representatives do everyday. If there is anything else we can help you or your grandparents with, please let us know and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

The guys were very cordial and very professional. They knew what they were doing. They found the problem and corrected it. They were adamant in solving the problem and if I have any problems I would like to have the same two people working on the project at hand.

Tyrone,
Thank you for taking the time to review the recent experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We appreciate you acknowledging the great service our technicians provide. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Very great company, took very good care of me and helped me solved all my problems! Told everybody about them! Very happy!! With a smile!!! Going to stay with them until I die and never ever leave them! Talked to my family in South Carolina and North Carolina about this company and told them how they treated me!!! Isral and Jennifer are the people that helped me! And for them I am so grateful!!!

Hi Patricia,
Thank you for your kind review of American Residential Warranty and we appreciate you recommending our services to others. We have a great team of replacement specialists and we appreciate you acknowledging their hard work. Anytime we can assist you, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your warranty needs for life.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

We have had a great experience with them and we have recommended them to friends and family. The technicians are professional and very friendly. They are always helpful and kind when we call to put in a new claim. We appreciate your business.

Carl,
Thank you for taking the time to review the recent experience you have had with American Residential Warranty and we appreciate you recommending our services to others. As always, if there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Donna was very helpful telling me how the policy of American warranty lets you get your own technician to come work on the item that is broken and we pay and then get reimburse. Very kind and helpful and she took care of all my needs.

Hi Villarreal,
Thank you for taking the time to share about the experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We have a great team of customer care representatives and we appreciate you acknowledging their hard work. As always, if there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

My washing machine was broke it was late in the week when this happened. They came out, identified the issue and got me up and running again! This happened some months ago and the washer is still running perfectly. Thank You!!!

Hi Terry,
Thank you for taking the time to share about the washing machine repair you had done through American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that the washing machine is once again running perfectly. If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Service was good and polite people. Sears was very accommodating. The people at American warranty were very professional and Sears were very helpful. As my husband is sick and I need the dryer every day, they really did their best at getting out to fix it.

Hi Carolynn,
Thank you for sharing about the recent experience you had with your dryer claim through American Residential Warranty. We are glad to hear your dryer has been repaired and that we provided you with a great customer experience. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call on us.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I was completely satisfied with the service. From when I called in request for service everything was handled in a very professional manner, and it did not take long for the technician to perform the repair. So happy I chose American Residential for home warranty.

Hi Loretta,
Thank you for taking the time to share valuable feedback about the experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to learn that we have provided you with 5-star service. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Washer service and replacement was done in a timely fashion! Great Service! Service personnel did a great job! We did not know what to expect! However we were overall pleased with the service and performance. The service person came out and the unit has a part that could not be replaced, the service dept called back and stated they would need to replace the unit!

Hi William,
Thank you for taking the time to review the experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased that you are satisfied with the replacement and service provided by ARW. If there is anything else we can help you with, please give us a call.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I am very disappointed with the service this company providing. After I call with the issue I have with my refrigerator, they gave me my claim number and assigned to some local repair shop. Technician came to determine the problem, and told me will submit report to American Residential Warranty for approval. Week later nothing happen. I called to American Residential Warranty to get the status of my claim, and they referred me back to local repair shop. Finally, after spending hours on the phone, most of the time on hold, American Residential Warranty told me my case now with adjuster. There is impossible to get him on the phone to get status update.

Finally, after being 35 minute on hold, adjuster came on line and told me the issue with my refrigerator is improper operation and they do not cover this. I explained that technician showed to me the issue with rubber sealer, so now they have to again contact technician for clarification. I already spend close to $500 on coverage, just to order. Regular repair would cost me much less. This service is complete ripoff.

Boris,

Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. We our sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Our records indicate that you have been working with a manager at our corporate customer care center to have these issue resolved. A new tech has been scheduled to service the fridge. We have also credited your account a free month of service for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if there is anything else you we can do for you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Placed service request on 07-23. Still do not have a washer. First company, ATR Electronics, scheduled and rescheduled 3 different times providing excuses (computer deleted my appointment, water pump on truck broke and then 3rd time just never showed). Called service again while on the phone with a nice gal. She put me on hold, called Sears and returned to the line providing me with the date and time Sears would be out.

Sears came 08-09 and left a note at the front home “sorry we missed you”. I’ve told everyone every time “rear Home”!! Today Sears makes it to my door, nice guy BUT when he looks at his computer it says “collect call” stating they never received a service ticket from ARW!! Called ARW while the tech was here and explained all. Got transferred and informed that because it’s a Saturday, the dispatch department at Sears is closed So there is nothing she can do. I’m instructed to call again on Monday and told to speak to an adjuster!! What about the service tech? Well I was informed to pay him and that I would be reimbursed! Wow do you think I have any faith in that statement? NOT! Guess I’m going elsewhere to do my laundry! Grrrrrrr.

Hi Sandie,
We are very sorry to learn of this concerning experience and thank you for bringing this to our attention. A manager will be reaching out from our corporate office to learn more about this and to assist with a resolution.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Me using American Residential Warranty was convenient for me. They were always on time, phone wise and physical. American Warranty made sure that my problem was solved. They would not leave my premises until the problem was fixed. I've been with American Warranty for several years and I have nothing negative to say about them. All I can say is job well done. I have referred American Warranty to several of my friends and family members. If you want good service go with American Warranty. They won't fail you...

Catherine,
Thank you for taking the time to review the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are glad that you were able to rate the service with 5-stars. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I had a plumbing issue over the weekend. First of all they don't have any emergency weekend plumbing contractors. Second of all the contractors I was referred to does work for American Residential Warranty and they still had the contractor on their list. After he called me back to tell me he don't work for them anymore, anytime I called for a new contractor I was given the same person. No one ever tried to call me back to follow up to see if I resolved the issue or help me locate a contractor.

I had to find one myself and pay out of pocket, after I called to get reimburse I was put on hold for 30 mins then when I hung up and called back they was closed. The representative told me to hold and never came back. Obviously she knew it was closing time and didn't want to handle my call. I'm very dissatisfied and want to cancel my account ASAP. Never would I recommend American Residential Warranty to anyone. Bad customer service and no good resource for plumbing.

8/9/2018
Roderick,
Our record indicate that you have worked with one of customer care managers and have come to a amicable resolution. Thank you for working with us and we look forward to serving you in the future.

8/7/2018
Roderick,
Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention and we are sorry to hear about this experience. We would like to learn more about what happened and try come to an amicable resolution. A manager from our corporate office will be calling you today.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Very pleased with the customer service. From the first experience until the purchase of my washer. The price was affordable and in my budget. I was not pressured or pushed into my purchase. I had the allotted time to go and look. Thanks.

Hi Lee,
Thank you for taking the time to review the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased that you were able to rate the us with 5 stars. As always, if there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Good customer Service, also call to follow up. After Technician leave, I feel secure when appliances, electric e.t.c. not working properly. That one call do it all. Less stressful. I rest in peace. I just love it. Affordable. Every homeowner should have A.R.W. for security.

Clarence,
Thank you for taking the time to review the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that we provided you with 5-star service. As always, if there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I opened a claim for my refrigerator which stopped working - had an appt set-up with a company they work with, service on site. I look up the reviews for the company and they are horrendous. Anticipating there will be issues, and to save time, I call American Residential and ask them if I can use ANY different provider which has better reviews, and they say no.

Well, as I predicted, they send a guy out, takes a look at the fridge for about 30 seconds, then confirms it's broken and tells me I'll get a call the next day to schedule a specialist visit. It's been a week with no calls. I follow-up with the service company, and the owner picks up. He appears disgusted that I am even calling him to check the status. He says he's going to send to my case to another company, Warrantech, and I should call them next week to follow-up. "Just tell them your story next week" is the exact phrase he uses.

If American Residential was better about who they pick, or at least allows their customers to provide some reputable suggested companies, everyone will be happier at the end, but for some reason, they don't want to do that. Not to mention they would actually save a bunch of money, by using a legitimate service company who gets to the issue quickly.

Magdy,
Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. Our records indicate that one of the managers in our corporate office has made contact with you and is currently working on this case. We apologize for any inconvenience and we will do everything we can to resolve as quickly as possible.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

After our Hot Water Tank went out for good which was when we found out that ARW could not cover it because it was more than 10 years old, we became sad because we had been without Hot Water in our home for sometime, and we had to take our 2-year-old to his Grandma house to bathe on a day to day basis which became very frustrated. But with the help of one of your employees he assisted us, which made everything so much better, knowing that we had to borrow monies that we did not have to purchase a new one, which cost quite a bit.

Your employee Mr. James **, assisted us when no one else would. Everyone else that we spoke to basically said that they would buy me out of my contract which I had just renewed it again, plus with upgrade the service for a better plan, which one of your reps talked us into buying, just to find out that they would not be able to help us. So after being so disappointed with everything at this point, Mr. ** made me feel at ease, because at this point I was almost ready to have been done with this company, but Mr ** went on to assisted us, which made me have second thoughts about sticking with this service.

Therefore you all can thank your employees for giving us a change of heart about ARW. I feel that he has went above and beyond the call of duty, when everyone else during this process has failed us. Therefore I give kudos to that young man. His Supervisors / Managers need to know, and realize how lucky they are to have individuals like him. Cause to be honest it's easier for customers to walk / run away from companies where the customer service at times aren't helpful, but I tell you, that you all need more individuals like him and Ms **, who has always assisted our Dad (Ed **) in the past. He was also the one to talk us in keeping the plan, because he has always said great things about ARW. He's an ARW advocate, lol. Again thank Mr. J. ** for everything he has assisted us with. Have a great weekend...

D'Andre & Kristen,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience with American Residential Warranty. We have a great team of customer care representatives and we appreciate you acknowledging their hard work.

We are pleased to hear that this water heater issue was resolved and we provided 5-service. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to service all of your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The employees acted courteous and professional. They did a very good job getting to my house in a timely manner and fixing the air conditioner. They are nice people and were there when I needed them the to help me in the summer heat.

Carolyn,
We are pleased to hear that your Air Conditioner is now fixed and that you are satisfied with the service. Thank you for taking the time to share about this experience. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to provide warranty protections for your home.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The serviceman was very helpful in explaining to me about the sum pump and how it is suppose to work and the reason why it was not letting water out into the drain but backing up in the house. The serviceman was excellent.

Jaquelynn,
Thank you for taking the time to review the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The repair person did a great job. Thank you. I would recommend, American Residential Warranty to other homeowners. Also my problem involved water leaking out on the floor. The repair guy fixed it very fast. I would recommend the company to a friend.

Genora,
Thank you for taking the time to review the recent experience you have had with American Residential Warranty and we appreciate you recommending our services to other homeowners. We are pleased to hear that your water leak was repaired quickly. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know and we look forward to providing continued warranty protection for your home.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Have had several occasions to deal with this company, all have been very satisfactory. Customer service, explanations, information concerning my problems have all been taken care of in a very professional, courteous, timely and understanding manner. Sheldon, Rebecca, Talya and Donna are folks I have had dealings with and all get 5 stars across the board. I have recommended this company to several people already and will continue to do so with others that are looking for this type organization.

J.,
Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the hard work of our customer care team and we appreciate you recommending our services. We are pleased to provide a 5 star customer experience. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have had an excellent experience using American Residential Warranty to repair my home appliances. They have been helpful and informative on next steps and the procedures necessary to complete my services. I will be renewing my contract for a fifth year next month and couldn't be happier with this service.

Doretta,
Thank you for taking the time to share about the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty and for being a long-time customer. We are pleased to hear that we have provided you with a 5-star service. If there is anything we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I am 100% satisfied with the way my claim was handled with American Residential Warranty!! My microwave could not be repaired and a cash out check was sent to me right away and I was able to purchase a new one and have it installed right. As life happens my washer went out the same time and it was repaired and is now working great! The customer service representatives were friendly and professional!! I will be recommending this company to all my family and friends!!

Doris,
We are very pleased to hear that you are 100% satisfied with the experience you had regarding your recent microwave and washer claims. We are glad that you were able to get a new microwave and that the washer was repaired successfully. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I had a great experience. I called in a claim. Customer Service Department told me to call the merchant and schedule a time to come out and repair the appliance. After the merchant completed the job, I gave the person a co-payment, signed and delivered. Easy as pie!

Charles,
We are glad to hear that you had a great experience with your most recent service request and thank you for taking the time to share. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Well trained tech. Very courteous. Did good job. Never stopped working. Did job quick and good. Called ahead of coming. Showed up on time. Like to have him come back anytime for a repair. He knows what he doing. Thank you for the good service.

Walter,
Thank you for reviewing the recent experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We have a great team of service providers and we appreciate you acknowledging their hard work. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Our garbage disposal stopped working on a very important event that we had coming up. We called American Residential Warranty and within five days we had a brand new garbage disposal installed!! American residential warranty was very efficient and fast resolving our problems. THANK AMERICAN RESIDENTIAL WARRANTY‼️?

James & Jennifer,
Thank you for taking the time to share about the recent experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased that you are happy with the garbage disposal replacement and that it was completed in a timely manner. If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to provide warranty protections for you home.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: July 29, 2018

The air went out and American Residential took care of the problem. My mother is 91 years. It did take some phone calls to get the issue resolved but it was resolved. There was one man who was extremely nice to me; Mr. **. You should have more agents like him.

Schuwan,
Thank you for taking the time to share about the experience you recently had with American Residential Warranty. We appreciate you acknowledging the hard work of our customer care representatives. We are glad to hear the problem is resolved. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to provide protection for your home.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I will recommend this company to all homeowners. The customer services accident, they handle they claim quickly and efficiently and with no problems. Is a great insurance to have. They provide coverage for everything inside of your home when you can rest assure that you'll be secured.

Good Morning Benjamin,
Thank you for taking the time to share valuable feedback about the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty, We have a great team of customer care representatives and we appreciate you acknowledging their hard work. Please let us know any time you need assistance and we look forward to continuing to protect your home.

Original review: July 27, 2018

When I filed a claim a technician came out promptly. He was very knowledgeable. He immediately knew what the problem was. I was very pleased with the technician & with American Residential insurance. When my appliance could not be repaired I received a check in just a few days. Hooray American Residential insurance.

Augustine,
Thank you for sharing about the recent experience you have had with American Residential Warranty regarding your appliance repair. While it is unfortunate your appliance was unrepairable, we are pleased to be able to assist with the purchase of a new one. If there is anything else you need assistance with, including help with purchasing and discounts on new appliances through Lowes Home Improvement, please feel free to contact us.

American Residential Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

American Residential Warranty (ARW) sells home warranties, home security systems and more to give homeowners piece of mind about paying for costly repairs or damage. The company serves all 50 states and is headquartered in Florida.

• Plan options: ARW offers multiple plan options so homeowners can choose the coverage that they want. The company offers additional plans to cover electronics and add-ons to covers things like faucets or external plumbing.

• Contractor choose: Homeowners can choose the contractor or repairman who they want to work with. They do not have to use a professional selected by ARW.

• Home security: ARW offers home security systems and plans to help homeowners feel safe and secure. Packages include free installation and free activation.

• No contract: Homeowners who choose an ARW home warranty are not locked in to a long-term contract. They can cancel their coverage at any time.

• Special discounts: ARW offers several types of special discounts for new customers. Homeowners can receive discounts for bundling multiple services, buying their plan online, paying in yearly or quarterly timeframes and more.

• Best for: first-time homebuyers and home sellers.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

American Residential Warranty Company Information

901 Yamato Road, Suite 100E
Boca Raton
FL
www.GetaHomePlan.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business