4.0/5 (179 ratings)
$34.99 to $124.99
Availability
50 states
Labor guarantee
30 days (60 days for parts)
Service fee
$55
Call Center Open

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

About ARW Home

ARW Home provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with AIG, Asurion, and Amynta to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

We know how important it is to have your appliances, electronics and systems covered in case something happens. ARW Home has four home warranty plans and a three-in-one bundle to fit all your needs. Call us today to learn more!

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans near you

Pros

• Select your contractor
    • Electronics plan available
    • Nationwide coverage
    • Long-term contract not required

Cons

• Some systems have limited caps
    • Homeowner is responsible for contacting approved contractor

Bottom Line

ARW Home offers nationwide coverage and ample protection for your home. While there are some limited caps, ARW provides coverage for items many home warranties do not plus flexible contract terms.

Top ARW Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ARW Home?

Verified

Could not have asked for a more comfortable, seamless and efficient experience. More proof that ARW was a very wise choice and a sound investment. From the courtesy of the ARW rep...

Verified

When I called in after having trouble with my stove ARW responded with no problem. They were so great. I stared recommended people to join. It's well worth it. The monthly payment...

ARW Home plans

ARW Home is a national company that serves customers in all 50 states. The company offers a full range of products, including home warranty plans, electronics protection plans and home security systems. Homeowners can choose from the following plans to best fit their needs.

• Heating and Cooling: Covers three major home systems.
    • Kitchen Plus: Covers major kitchen appliances, plus your electrical system
    • Platinum: Covers major appliances, plus three major home systems.
    • Platinum Premier: The most popular and comprehensive plan ARW offers, covering 17 major appliances and systems.
    • 4-in-1 Bundle: Covers all appliances and systems covered under Platinum Premier, plus extended coverage, sewer and water line coverage and electronics protection.

ARW Home cost

Plans from ARW Home range in cost from $34.99 per month to $124.99 per month. The average cost for a combo plan is $60 per month. In addition to the regular monthly fee, customers will pay a one-time $39 enrollment fee regardless of the plan they choose.

ARW Home has flexible payment plans, and customers can choose whether they’d like to pay annually, quarterly or monthly. ARW Home’s service fees run $55 per visit, which is one of the lowest fees we’ve seen in the industry.

PlanAverage monthly cost
    Heating and Cooling$39.99
    Kitchen Plus$34.99
    Platinum$49.99
    Platinum Premier$59.99
    4-in-1 Bundle$124.99

ARW Home coverage

The Platinum Premier package from ARW Home is their most popular plan and covers the following items

Covered appliances:

• Plumbing internal parts
    • Plumbing wax seals
    • Pool/spa

ARW Home coverage exclusions

ARW Home does not include coverage for known pre-existing conditions, cosmetic damage or damage due to misuse or abuse of covered items.

The warranty doesn’t cover costs associated with refinishing walls torn down to obtain access to encased items like ductwork or plumbing, rust and corrosion, or costs to bring items up to code.

These exclusions are all standard for home warranty contracts. You can find a full list of exclusions for your home state via ARW Home's sample contract.

ARW Home coverage limits

ARW Home only specifies coverage limits for their optional (a la carte) items. These maximums range from $500–$2,500 per item.

ItemARW Home’s coverage limit
    Plumbing advantage$500
    Well pump system$1,000

ARW Home claims

How to request service from ARW Home:

1. Submit your claim by contacting ARW Home online or over the phone.
    2. ARW Home will assign a service provider to your claim and give you their contact information.
    3. You will call the service provider to schedule your service.
    4. A technician will diagnose and make the repair.
    5. You will pay your service call fee ($55).

Service recall period: ARW Home guarantees all work for 30 days on labor and 60 days on parts. In the event a repair fails within this period, ARW Home will send a technician to make additional repairs at no extra cost/service call fee.

Emergency service: Under normal conditions, ARW Home will try to get a technician to your home within 48 hours to make any necessary repairs. If your situation is deemed an emergency, they will make every attempt to rush the service to occur within 24 hours.

ARW Home contractors: ARW Home gives customers the option to use an ARW Home approved technician or pick their own contractors, unlike many other companies that only let customers use affiliated technicians. One benefit of going with an ARW Home approved provider is they are pre-screened by the company.

ARW Home FAQ

Can I choose my own service provider for repairs?

Yes. You’ll need to let the claims representative know in advance, and your selected technician will have to call ARW Home for prior authorization before starting work.

Can I get an ARW Home without signing a long-term contract?

Yes. ARW Home does not require long-term contracts. Monthly, quarterly and annual terms are available.

Is there a cancellation fee for ARW Home?

No. There are no cancellation fees for monthly, quarterly or annual term agreements. Cancel within 30 days to receive a full refund. All refunds will be made by ARW Home within 30 days of cancelling. If the refund takes longer to process than 30 days, ARW Home will add 10 percent to your refund.

Is ARW Home worth it?

ARW Home makes it easy for homeowners by allowing them to bundle protection plans and even choose their own service contractors. There’s a 30-day waiting period after you buy an ARW Home plan, but this is standard to most home warranty service providers. You can choose add-ons across many home-repair categories for a fully customized plan.

With their flexible plans, including a month-to-month plan, ARW Home may be particularly appealing to those opposed to long-term contracts.

ARW Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ARW Home?

Original review: July 5, 2022

The American Home Warranty was sold to me without the upfront verbal option to do the add on unit, as the representative inquired about my level of home (2 levels), including the number of units in my home (verbally informed of 2 units in home). At "NO" point did the representative educate/advise me of the add on unit option/cost, at which point would have allowed me the option to make the decision of the home warranty. This resulted in only (1) home unit being covered after 2+ years of having the coverage. Informed corporate, as advised to resolve matter by credit; add on to cover second unit (30) day wait period. Thank you for the resolution.

Hi Isia,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate you giving us the chance to make things right. Thank you for choosing ARW, and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

ARW Home

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2022

Sharlene in the billing department has been great to work with. She has helped with intermittent interruptions in payments due to stolen credit card information. I wish all of their employees were as good as she at their jobs. Due to issues/policies of ARW, we are considering cancelling our contract with them. Having to wait 5 business days before ARW would submit a work request to fix our HVAC during a heat wave here in North Caroline is unacceptable. Anyone reading this thinking about signing with ARW beware!

Hi Barry,

I’m sorry to hear that your claims handling has made you consider canceling your service. Our team always encourages our clients to provide their feedback whether positive or negative as we use both as a way to improve our services. If there is anything we can do to change your mind, please don't hesitate to let us know.

ARW Home

Original review: June 8, 2022

When I lost my debit card given to ARW for the purpose of automatic monthly billing, I missed my payment for the month. Joel helped me set up my newly issued card and set payment for two days out (since no funds had yet been added to the account since receiving the newly issued card). Joel also sent me immediately at my request a statement of coverage for the warranty which I had requested in an earlier telephone call with a different representative but had not received. Joel was knowledgeable, courteous, helpful, and professional throughout our interaction. Based on this call I would recommend ARW for its customer service/billing department. The content of my review is not influenced by the small incentive received to write a review.

Hi Fred,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that Joel was able to help with setting up your new card and providing your statement coverage. We appreciate you giving us the chance to make things right. Thank you for choosing American Residential Warranty, and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

ARW Home

Original review: May 2, 2022

I spoke to Matt, he was very helpful, gave me all the information I needed. He was very attentive and gave me the right help for my needs. Last month I called and spoke to someone else, I did not get the same service. I received a text message today saying that my subscription was due with the incorrect amount. I'm out of the country so I had to make a long-distance call. Matt was efficient, took care of business updating my chart and advising me properly. I'm thankful he answered the phone when I called. Thank you.

Hi Ortensia,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that Matt was able to help with your subscription issues, and we appreciate you giving us the chance to make things right. Thank you for choosing ARW and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 23, 2022

I called in to advise that I was canceling my service solely for the issue of an unauthorized automatic payment being debited from my credit card. I have manually called in my payments since I acquired your company 15 years ago. Needless to say I was beyond angry. I called in and the gentleman named Dominic answered the phone. He quickly advised me that there was an issue with this payment system after some type of an upgrade. With the upgrade he advised me that most of the customers were sent back to the reoccurring automatic schedule payment system including those who are not previously using the service.

I continue to vent and he continued to calm me down. After assuring me he will put a notation in the system that I will be back on the manual system next year, he sent confirmations and receipt to me by email. He then went on to advise me about a service for a monitoring system through ADT which I currently have. He asked me to reach out to the company to see about an upgrade to the monitoring system for a little to no increase to me. Wow what a difference that information made to me.

This gentleman was a GEM. He is truly an ASSET to your company. He literally stayed on that phone until he was sure that I was satisfied. I need someone to acknowledge that and let him know how he literally saved a customer from leaving your company and finding another for her needs. Dominic thank you thank you thank you. I hope I get you every time I call for payment. As a matter of fact. The company NEEDS to find that recorded conversation and use it for training purposes. Amazing customer service SIR DOMINIC.

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that Dominic was able to help with your payment issues, and we appreciate you giving us the chance to make things right. Thank you for choosing American Residential Warranty, and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

Somebody called me about upgrading and I said I have everything I need. They went over the plan again and I said "Well, that includes my ice maker." They said it didn't and I had a conversation to investigate it and get back to me. But they never did. They need to follow through. I would be cautious with them.

Hi Donna,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We reviewed your account and unfortunately, the plan that you chose did not have icemaker included. Upsell calls have the purpose of review the coverage with the customer, to make sure that the customer is satisfied, bringing the opportunity to add or remove any part of the coverage. We also provide a 30-day review period so you can read the terms and conditions to see if you agree with them. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us back at 888-808-8886.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

They had a pretty good package and the price was good. The reps were very knowledgeable. They're cheaper but they cover more things as well.

Hi Warren,

We appreciate your kind words! Please let us know what we can do to have a higher rating. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us back at 888-808-8886.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

My experience submitting a claim was horrible. I had an issue with my dryer. When I opened a ticket, the dryer man couldn't do it because he said he was not getting any power. I called the electrician, opened another ticket and paid another $55. They didn't even give the time for the electrician to come. They closed the ticket the next day. Then, the only thing they could do was give me a buyout and it's like they give you $300, and they said, "Go find your own electrician." I had to wait for the $300 for a another week.

Hi Shelly,

We apologize for the inconvenience that this situation caused you. I opened an immediate investigation from our claims department to find out the details on your claims. You will receive a call soon from them. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 888-808-8886.

Thank you for being a valuable customer,

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I let them know what the problem was. The first thing they asked was for my information to pay for the claim which was $55. But when the tech came, he could only work from the indoor and the warranty didn't fall to where he had to go to the back or the roof. He wanted me to go above American Residential and to their company where they can get paid for it. I paid money and American Residential didn't do anything. I let them know and I haven't heard from them.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

The rep was pretty nice and she treated me respect. We got the highest coverage there is so it covers everything in the house. We pay 56 bucks a month. They are the cheapest.

Hi Duane,

Thank you so much for leaving us a stellar review!

ARW Home Team

FL
      americanresidentialwarranty.com

Media

VIDEOS & IMAGES

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: