Get a Free Quote Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.53/5
Visit Website

American Residential Warranty provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with The Warranty Group to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

We know how important it is to have your appliances, electronics and systems covered in case something happens. American Residential Warranty has four home warranty plans and a three-in-one bundle to fit all your needs. Call us today to learn more!

American Residential Warranty Video
American Residential Warranty Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

American Residential Warranty offers nationwide coverage and ample protection for your home. While there are some limited caps, ARW provides coverage for items many home warranties do not plus flexible contract terms.

PROS

• Select your contractor
  • Electronics plan available
  • Nationwide coverage
  • Long-term contract not required

CONS

• Some systems have limited caps
  • Homeowner is responsible for contacting approved contractor

Top American Residential Warranty Reviews

Could not have asked for a more comfortable, seamless and efficient experience. More proof that ARW was a very wise choice and a sound investment. From the courtesy of the ARW representative to the service provided, it gives me all the more confidence in ARW should I need help in the future.

When I called in after having trouble with my stove ARW responded with no problem. They were so great. I stared recommended people to join. It's well worth it. The monthly payments are affordable especially when repairs can be so costly. Get it and you won't regret it!

American Residential Warranty plans

American Residential Warranty is a national company that serves customers in all 50 states. The company offers a full range of products, including home warranty plans, electronics protection plans and home security systems. Homeowners can choose from the following plans to best fit their needs.

• Heating and Cooling: Covers three major home systems.
  • Kitchen Plus: Covers major kitchen appliances, plus your electrical system
  • Platinum: Covers major appliances, plus three major home systems.
  • Platinum Premier: The most popular and comprehensive plan ARW offers, covering 17 major appliances and systems.
  • 4-in-1 Bundle: Covers all appliances and systems covered under Platinum Premier, plus extended coverage, sewer and water line coverage and electronics protection.

American Residential Warranty cost

The average cost for American Residential Warranty is between $36–$55/month depending on the plan you select. In addition to the regular monthly fee, customers will pay a one-time $39 enrollment fee regardless of the plan they choose.

Their most popular plan, Platinum Premier, runs $54.99. This is on the higher end of typical home warranty costs, which generally range from $30–$60/month.

American Residential Warranty has flexible payment plans, and customers can choose whether they’d like to pay annually, quarterly or monthly. American Residential Warranty’s service fees run $55 per visit, which is one of the lowest fees we’ve seen in the industry.

PlanAverage Monthly Cost
Heating and Cooling$35.99
Kitchen Plus$29.99
Platinum$46.99
Platinum Premier$54.99
4-in-1 Bundle$114.99

American Residential Warranty coverage

The Platinum Premier package from American Residential Warranty is their most popular plan and covers the following items

Covered appliances:

• Plumbing wax seals
  • Pool/spa

American Residential Warranty Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I have had a warranty with American Residential going on 2 years and I can't say enough positive things about it. When I first moved into my home I went with a home warranty suggested by my realtor and it was a complete hassle to set up a claim and the contractors were slow to come out and not extremely competent. Also the final price after what the warranty covered was high so it didn't really offer me any peace of mind. I am a single mom of a toddler who works full time and doesn't have any extra time, money, or peace of mind to spare. I researched all the home warranties available and saw the high reviews so I thought I'd try it and see.

I have had amazing customer service with American Home Warranty. It's easy and fast to make a claim and they are very responsive. The contractors who they send out are professional, competent and fair. If there is an extra charge over the $50 fee for each service call it is totally fair and reasonable. The contractor who have been called out have come quickly and resolved the issue quickly. I am so very happy with this company. Thank you so much for giving this single busy mom some peace of mind. I would highly recommend them.

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

My wife contacted ARW because the dishwasher would not run and our previous tenant told us it was not draining properly. When we came back to the house, the dishwasher would not run. ARW sent a plumber within 48 hours and he determined that the sump, heater element, and drain pump were all broken and needed to be replaced. We had originally asked that the dishwasher be replaced since so many parts had to be replaced - but ARW said it was more cost effective to replace the parts and see if it worked first. The plumber returned and was fantastic - he had all the parts replaced and the dishwasher is running like new. I wanted to thank the Corporate Office rep (J.R.) who helped us coordinate the Claim since ARW is rarely able to find our account, but corporate office is always able to locate our account.

Hello Anthony,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: July 22, 2019

I really would recommend American Residential Warranty Company to anyone I know who is need of this type of service for their home. As a matter of fact, I have recommended them to my family and friends already. I chose them due to the fact that my brother was already a client and was quite happy with them so it was a no-brained for me to give them a try and have been very happy I have done so.

My last service event was my air conditioner, which was having issues during 90 degree weather, of course, and it was taken care of to my satisfaction all for the cost of my deductible only; because you know these things always happen when you just don’t have the spare money, but the deductible is usually pretty easy to come up with. In short, I definitely recommend American Residential Warranty for their response time, customer service on the phone and if there is any issues that do come up, they are very helpful and friendly in taking care of it.

Hello Karen,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 20, 2019

I called to submit claim for AC one week ago. AIG did good job placing request with Kirkland. I looked them up on line and they had a 5 star rating. The tech Matt and his partner Josh came out the next day. They added refrigerant and determined leak with evaporator coil. They took their time did not rush and explained the details to me when I asked questions regarding my AC unit. Thank you Matt, thank you Josh. thank you Ms ** who answered the phone at Kirkland and a shout out to Paul ** with the AIG claims team. Thank you for making this experience stress free.

Hi Monica,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your AC was repaired and that your experience with our company and the technicians were stress free. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Kind Regards,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have no long wait when calling in for a problem to be fix. When the company they recommend comes out, they do their job professionally. All I pay is my fee for coming out and I do not have to put out extra money. The company that comes out does their work right the first time which last for years.

Hi Betty ,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your plumbing issue was resolved. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

American Residential Warranty

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Our heater went out. Was told we needed a new motherboard costing $1000.00. With our coverage from 2015 it only cost us $200.00. Will keep with American Res. even when we downsize to our final home. Great Job, company they recommended were helpful on our needs as my health isn't the greatest.. Had every thing fixed and running with in 2 days. Had to order part.

Hello Margaret,

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

The plumbing was very good. He was on time and did everything the correct way and there wasn't no issues. Got the job done in a timely matter. He needed to get a new faucet and I had to wait to get the information from American Home Residental to see if I was insured for him to go get it and put it in.

Hello Anthony,

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Requested service for hot water tank leak. The same day within an hour of request contractor contacted me with a work order and a request for appointment. I asked when they had an opening. I stated ASAP. They had someone at my house within couple of hours. The problem required for replacement of the pressure relief valve. That was accomplished in a very short time, part was on the truck. Great job.

Hello Charles,

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Please with service of sink being unclogged. Service tech was knowledgeable of his job. Only thing wasn’t pleasing had to go with sink being clogged during the holidays. Service company that provided service was there after holidays. Warranty company should have someone to provide service during holidays.

Hello Marilyn,

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

My unit broke in the middle of a very hot summer. American Warranty was able to have a technician here the very next day and they took no time to get it fixed. The service provider they used covered their shoes before they came into my house which I appreciated considering it was raining that day.

Hello Talibah,

American Residential Warranty coverage exclusions

American Residential Warranty does not include coverage for known pre-existing conditions, cosmetic damage or damage due to misuse or abuse of covered items.

The warranty doesn’t cover costs associated with refinishing walls torn down to obtain access to encased items like ductwork or plumbing, rust and corrosion, or costs to bring items up to code.

These exclusions are all standard for home warranty contracts. You can find a full list of exclusions for your home state via American Residential Warranty's sample contract.

American Residential Warranty coverage limits

American Residential Warranty only specifies coverage limits for their optional (a la carte) items. These maximums range from $500–$2,500 per item.

ItemAmerican Residential’s coverage limi
    Plumbing advantage$500
    Well pump system$1,000

American Residential Warranty claims

How to request service from American Residential Warranty:

1. Submit your claim by contacting ARW online or over the phone.
    2. ARW will assign a service provider to your claim and give you their contact information.
    3. You will call the service provider to schedule your service.
    4. A technician will diagnose and make the repair.
    5. You will pay your service call fee ($55).

Service recall period: ARW guarantees all work for 30 days on labor and 60 days on parts. In the event a repair fails within this period, ARW will send a technician to make additional repairs at no extra cost/service call fee.

Emergency service: Under normal conditions, ARW will try to get a technician to your home within 48 hours to make any necessary repairs. If your situation is deemed an emergency, they will make every attempt to rush the service to occur within 24 hours.

American Residential Warranty contractors: American Residential Warranty gives customers the option to use an ARW approved technician or pick their own contractors, unlike many other companies that only let customers use affiliated technicians. One benefit of going with an ARW approved provider is they are pre-screened by the company.

American Residential Warranty FAQ

Can I choose my own service provider for repairs?
    Yes. You’ll need to let the claims representative know in advance, and your selected technician will have to call American Residential Warranty for prior authorization before starting work.
    Can I get an American Residential Warranty without signing a long-term contract?
    Yes. ARW does not require long-term contracts. Monthly, quarterly and annual terms are available.
    Is there a cancellation fee for American Residential Warranty?
    No. There are no cancellation fees for monthly, quarterly or annual term agreements. Cancel within 30 days to receive a full refund. All refunds will be made by ARW within 30 days of cancelling. If the refund takes longer to process than 30 days, ARW will add 10 percent to your refund.

Is American Residential Warranty worth it?

American Residential Warranty makes it easy for homeowners by allowing them to bundle protection plans and even choose their own service contractors. There’s a 30-day waiting period after you buy an American Residential Warranty plan, but this is standard to most home warranty service providers. You can choose add-ons across many home-repair categories for a fully customized plan.

With their flexible plans, including a month-to-month plan, American Residential Warranty may be particularly appealing to those opposed to long-term contracts.

American Residential Warranty Company Information