Call now
4.80/5
Based on 230 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call now

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Residential Warranty provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with The Warranty Group to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

We know how important it is to have your appliances, electronics and systems covered in case something happens. American Residential Warranty has four home warranty plans and a three-in-one bundle to fit all your needs. Call us today to learn more!

American Residential Warranty Video
American Residential Warranty Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 20, 2018

388 American Residential Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I would recommend American Residential Warranty to my family and friends and neighbors, far exceeded my expectations great customer service I have been with American Residential for a short time but I am so very pleased, we are so very pleased with the completed work by staff. Thank you!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

My switch to ARW (American Residential Warranty) from AHS (American Home Shield) was pretty much a blessing in disguise. I had become fed up with AHS because of the customer service interaction that was very much lacking! Signing on with ARW made me feel like my business was appreciated and that I would get the proper services again.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Once you call them they come out in a decent time. They do the job and the not they leave. They came out and did my ac first because it was missing a piece then they came out to fix my electric. They did a wonderful job and I will recommend the service to other people.

Hi Nadine,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear the program is working for you and has taken the headache out of home repairs. Please contact us anytime.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I have been a highly satisfied client for more than 11 years. Unlike my previous home warranty company ARW stands by their work and is very eager to ensure that your problem is resolved the FIRST time. Their customer service personnel really impressed me by not being afraid to admit that which they did not know. They were quick to put you in touch with whomever could solve your problem.

Hi Craig,

We thank you for your loyalty. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to the continued opportunity to be your home warranty company!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Friendly and efficient staff. Knowledgeable regarding problem. Problem solved. Within first 15 min. Employee relates first name Israel. Company true to policy of fixer repair as stated in contract. No hassle. Company follows up with customer to ensure customer satisfaction.

Hi Stella,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with our company and staff. We appreciate the feedback and the opportunity to protect your home.

American Residential Warranty

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

My experience from the time I filed my claim until completed was very good. They were very professional and prompt in sending out a technician. When my dryer could not be repaired American Home Warranty was quick to replace it.

Hi Sharon,

We are happy to hear the service with your dryer went well! Please contact us anytime you need assistance, we are here to help.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

The warranty company has serviced my services. I have been pleased with the response of my repairs. I would advise home owners to have a warranty service agreement. If I had not had this service I would still have a headache. Thank God for service warranty.

Hi Marilyn,

We love taking the headaches out of the home repair process! Please contact us anytime, we are here to help.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We a service call to fix the AC unit. The service was great, friendly and timely. At the time of the call the customer service who took my call the work orders was very friendly and give me all the information that I need it. I recommend that to anybody who needs home warranty service.

Hi Juan,

Thank you for sharing feedback about your recent experience with ARW. Please call us anytime!

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Very professional company. I have had two claims in the past year, one being my central heat and air conditioner unit and the other being my dishwasher. Both claims were fixed in a steady time. I would recommend this company to everyone. I have no problem paying American Residential Warranty Company a small premium monthly for this added peace of mind knowing when something breaks I am covered.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with ARW. Please contact us anytime.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I had to use ARW recently when my microwave caught on fire. They handled everything for me. They sent someone out to check my microwave and when we found out it could not be repaired, they found me a microwave similar to the one I had and had someone deliver and install it. It took a few days because I had to wait on the repair person to come out, but I am pleased they resolved my issue.

Hi Sheila,

Thank you for sharing the recent service experience you had for your microwave. We are happy to hear the service met your expectations and that the microwave was replaced. Please contact us anytime.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Dryer stopped working Called American Residential Warranty. They immediately gave me a claim number and the name of a repair company. I called the repair company the next day and scheduled a appointment. Upon their arrival the following day they determined it was not worth fixing. American Warranty contacted me within days and made arrangements for a new dryer to be delivered at my home. American Warranty was very professional and gave quality service. I would recommend American Warranty to any homeowner anywhere.

Hi Ron,

We are thrilled to hear the service experience went well for you. Please contact us anytime, we are happy to help.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Alexia your customer representative did a wonderful job. This LG washing machine had been work on since original warranty run out. Sears had requested on numerous occasions to replace this unit, because the same parts had been replace numerous times. I have been a customer for many years with a Premium policy and your claim service agent would not honor my policy. I request a supervisor call me. Alexia call my husband, he explain the problem. She told us she would look into the problem and get back to us the next day. Your company is very lucky to have a employee that does a great job. Alexia call us back within 24 hours and settle our claim to our satisfaction. Please thank her again for a great job.

HI Charles and Nancy,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are happy to hear the claim was settled to your satisfaction, and we thank you for the continued opportunity to protect your home.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Issues with stove & ARW paid $200 to replace the stove which was nowhere near the price of a stove. Another issue was the A/C that was not working properly and the technician sent out was very unprofessional and ARW did not fix the problem, but he did place the wires on the outside of the unit which caused more problems. We went another avenue to have it replaced.

Hi Beverly,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent claim experience. Our records indicate you have spoken with our customer care team about these issues. Please contact us anytime, we look forward to providing a better experience on your next service request.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I was very pleased at work they did on my washing machine. The repairman was on time. The reply and did a very good job. I was very pleased with the work today. Then I would recommend them to anybody that there was interested in your or any warranty.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience on your most recent repair request for the washing machine. We are thrilled to hear it went well. Please contact us anytime.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

My experience was great. The contractor was very professional and prompt. He got the job done and explained everything so that I understood. My family is warm and very happy again. I would and did refer you to my sister. Thank You!

Hi Edna,

Thank you for taking the time to share valuable feedback regarding your most recent experience with American Residential Warranty. We appreciate the opportunity to protect your home!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

They were Excellent with their service when my heating system went out. The person was very friendly and he Explained everything to us. When he was done he worked on the paperwork and then he explained the problem and work orders.

Hi Dorothy,

We are glad to hear the issue with your heating system was resolved quickly. Please call us anytime!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

In a timely manner when l need something Done they fix everything that I need to be done. Their work is excellent with good quality so I tell my friends about American Resident Warranty. They are good people for getting thing done so thank you for your service.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with ARW. We are happy to hear the appliances were fixed quickly for you. Please contact us anytime.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Let me start off with, I hired this company to do a job as my home warranty company. I had to find my own repair person, had to call to get approval for the work, paid the contractor for the complete job, and then submit a receipt for work done. $236.00 later I am told my claim was denied because something got jammed in the garbage disposal. If it not working and I need a repair person to fix it, a repair is a repair. I think this company sucks at what they do. If you have to do all the leg work and pay only to get denied, you're with the wrong warranty company. I'm going back to the company I left for this one.

Hi Deborah,

Thank you very much for taking the time to speak with me this morning regarding your recent experience with us. Feedback is extremely valuable to us so that we can understand where we fell short during your experience and allows us the opportunity to evaluate and improve.

As we discussed, I have gone ahead and taken care of the garbage disposal for you - the check will arrive in 7-10 days. Additionally, the washing machine replacement funds will arrive any day now as that was processed and sent on 1/29/18. I am also going to check into the issue with your TV claim so we can understand better what happened and hopefully come to a mutual resolution.

Again, thank you for sharing your time with me today. Please look for an email from me with my contact information in case you have any further issues. We thank you for the opportunity to protect your home, please call us anytime!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Woke up w/ no hot water. Gas company checked hot water heater. Said it needed replacing. Turned off gas to house. Called American Res. Got someone up there right away. Then came all the phone calls and confusing questions that were answered once before. Spent the night in a very cold house due to gas shut off. Next day, hot water replaced, gas turned back on. Life's good :).

Hi Charles,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave valuable feedback regarding your recent claim experience. We are sorry to hear you were asked for the same information twice. Sometimes our agents will re-verify information prior to dispatch or during the claims process to ensure all information is accurate in order to help expedite the claims process. It sounds like once the issue was called in, the item was repaired quickly and hot water was restored to the home. Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I would Highly recommend all my Friends, to use American Residential, they stand by their service, on every claim I file, if the item can not be repaired, they worked with you toward a new purchase. I'm very pleased with American Residential Warranty.

Lynnett,

We appreciate the feedback and thank you for sharing the experience with your family and friends. We are happy to hear that we are meeting your expectations. Please contact us anytime.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I was very satisfied with the follow up I receive today, very caring, making sure I was satisfied with the service that was received. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. I Recommend American Residential Warranty to anyone .You can't go wrong. If you own your own home or business American Residential Warranty is the way to go.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We value the opportunity to protect your home. Please contact us anytime.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Fast and reliable service. American Residential is by far the best residential warranty company around! When I called, I didn't know what to expect. American Residential Warranty took my claim and got the right people to come and look at my problem!

Hi Marquis,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are thrilled to hear we were able to take care of you problem so quickly.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Fast & pleasant service. The wait was not long at all. I would recommend this service to everyone. I rate this service very high. You don’t find people who are so kind and willing to assist with no problems. Thank you!!

Hi Don,

We appreciate the feedback, it helps us affirm we are doing things the right way. Please contact us anytime.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

The worker was on time. They gave me a 4 hour window (11 am-2 pm) and arrived 5 minutes before 11 am. Fixed the upstairs toilet. The stoppage in the basement and repaired/replaced the garbage disposal. All in less than 2 hours. Awesome. I would recommend them and would prefer to use them in the future. The only reason it took that long is because he had to wait for authorization from the company.

Hi Lydia,

We are glad to hear the plumber arrived on time and fixed the issues in less than two hours. We apologize the authorization process took some time, and we appreciate you letting us know so we can see where improvements can be made.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

This is a very good company you have. I only used it a few times but it was well taken care of. Tery were very expedite in getting someone out to take care of the problem. The service people were very knowledgeable and very courteous in taking care of the problem. Would highly recommend.

Hi Well,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with American Residential Warranty. We are happy to hear our service is meeting your expectations.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Had an issue with garbage disposal which I called into American warranty. They put me in contact with local vendor who was at my house within 24 hours who professional installed a new one. I’ll was very happy with the prompt service.

Hi Carl,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience using the service during your garbage disposal issue. We are happy to hear the vendor arrived promptly and corrected the issue for you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

My experience with American Residential Warranty was awesome. I call in a plumbing claim, within minutes a Rep from the plumbing company was calling to schedule an appointment to come out. The very next day they was at my home and provided excellent service. Their contractors even come out on weekends too, at no additional cost. I’ve tried the rest, now I have the best!!

Hi Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback ab out your recent experience. We are thrilled to hear the service went well. We appreciate the opportunity to protect your home.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I had my kitchen sink stopped up over a weekend and I called ARW and they gave me the choice of waiting until Monday for them to set it up or I could call a plumber of my choice and get reimbursed less my deductible. They handled my claim very efficiently with no issues and paid for my new garbage disposal! Great company so far!

Hi Kimberly,

We are glad to hear that the claim was handled efficiently for you and the problem was resolved quickly.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

BOBBY GARAGE DOOR COMPANY - Bobby was right on time. He did a superfine repair and he showed me how to maintain the maintenance. I will definitely call Bobby if my garage door need repairing, and I would recommend a friend if they ever need a professional garage door company.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the assigned service provider. Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Yes I would recommend a friend and family member. The best thing I invested in getting the cost of repairs is very costly by investing in home warranty. Saves me a lot money and I feel safe. I am glad I got it.

Hi Floyd,

Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family. We are happy to hear the plan is working out for you and providing peace of mind for you and your family.

American Residential Warranty Company Information

901 Yamato Road, Suite 100E
Boca Raton
FL
www.GetaHomePlan.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use