Call toll free
4.75/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Residential Warranty provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with The Warranty Group to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

We know how important it is to have your appliances, electronics and systems covered in case something happens. American Residential Warranty has four home warranty plans and a three-in-one bundle to fit all your needs. Call us today to learn more!

American Residential Warranty Video
American Residential Warranty Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

American Residential Warranty lets customers choose from four plans or opt for a 3-in-1 bundle depending on their needs. Satisfied customers appreciate the company's efficient service and fast claims processing.

PROS

• It's easy to submit a claim
  • Friendly and knowledgeable reps
  • Timely and efficient service
  • Quick response time for technicians
  • Technicians provide long-term fixes rather than patching a problem

CONS

• Customer service wait times can vary
  • Some customers experienced communication delays

769 American Residential Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

My experience was excellent. I always love to make my payments on time because I love my service. You guys provide an awesome service. I recommend you guys to any and everybody! Every time you guys tell me you're going to do something you guys always provide that service. That's why you guys are number one in my book.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

My power went out and they got someone out to our house as soon as possible. Thanks to American Residential Home Warranty. I would have been lost because my husband had just passed away and he always made sure that we had the best to take care if something happened.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Great service, tech was on time. Customer service great, and I have offer service to my co worker. I have been a customer for about 5 years and they have always came through for my family. The pricing is great and they have always came through on fixing my problems. One of my friends used their service and they said the same things, you can not go wrong with purchasing their service. Thanks a lot. It take something off my plate.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have a failing water heater in my home. They said it was a pre existing problem even though this problem just started occurring. So after a $80 service fee, 3 days of waiting and a lot of headache and we are back at square one. This warranty is a scam. Don't look at all the high star reviews they have to be fake. Customer service is rude and not helpful as well. Save your money and steer clear of this company.

Steve,
Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. We will review the claim and one of our corporate customer care supervisors will be reaching out to you today.
Warm regards,

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

The wait time was extremely long when calling. Otherwise, representatives were excellent. Were very polite and helpful. Returned calls in a prompt and timely matter. Pleasant and kind voice to be. Took time to listen and ask questions to keep conversation flowing. Connected to appropriate departments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I have been a customer since 2013. There is a reason why. Always prompt to respond and fix the problem whatever it is. The techs they send are polite and knowledgeable about the product or the kind of service that is needed. They always clean up after themselves. I would highly recommend this warranty company.

Vicki,
Thank you for being a long-time customer and for taking the time to review the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. Any time we can help, please give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We have used this company for the last year on 1 of our rental properties. We are happy with the service and the call back followup. They have repaired the items each time. I highly recommend them. Their deductible has been reasonable for our budget.

Jessica,
Thank you for your kind review of American Residential Warranty. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the service. If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to give us a call.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I like the idea of them asking what company we want to do the repair. This was our first time we had to use this warranty service. The Tech was very knowledgeable and helpful. Point out something we need to keep up with to keep our unit working properly.

Ernestine,
Thank you for taking the time to share about the experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We have a great team of contractors and we appreciate you acknowledging their great work. If there is anything else we can help you with please give us a call and we look forward to continuing to provide warranty protections for your home systems and appliances.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Great service. It all worked out perfectly. The technicians were able to get to my home the same day. I would suggest to other homeowners that they obtain a plan with American Residential Warranty. Best service! Best value! Don't look any further!

Hi Chinita,
Thank you for taking the time to review the experience you recently had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to learn that the service was performed quickly and professionally. If there is anything further we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serves all of your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Wash machine - The repair was prompt and inform me about everything he was doing and how long it would take. And they also let me know how long it will take to get the part back and inform me when the part came in. I really appreciate that.

Good Morning Charlotte,
Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent service experience with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that our service technician was able to complete the repair to your satisfaction and restore the washing machine back to its normal working order. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

My hot water heater "exploded" on a Saturday. Six days later I'm still told a provider in my area can't be found. Reimbursement will only be $300. Several times I was told "If we can't fix it we'll replace it." That doesn't even begin to replace a hot water heater and then there's installation expense. Is it even legal to sell something you "don't have"? Not at all impressed this time.

Thom,

One of the managers at our corporate office has reached out to you regarding this review. Please return their call at your earliest convenience. They will be reaching out to you again as well. We would like to learn more about what happened and help proved a resolution.

Please give us a call so we can learn more about your experience. We would like to make sure that your receive all of the coverage you are eligible for.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

My microwave oven door latch broke. I filed my claim and in minimal time I had an appointment for a service call. The tech was on time friendly and was able to repair the microwave oven. This warranty saved me hundreds in replacement cost. As an owner of a new house I would recommend getting a homeowner's warranty before the builder's warranty runs out.

Isaiah,
Thank you for taking the time to review the service experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased that the technician provided was able to complete the job to your satisfaction and restore the functionality of your microwave. If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.
Kind Regards,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Did not receive full costs of replacement, apparently due to age of system. I had originally understood I was to receive full replacement reimbursement. Later experiences have been satisfactory, including washing machine replacement and icemaker replacement in refrigerator. I received a new washing machine; however, it was not the quality of my original machine. The company has been prompt in responding to my calls for service.

Hi Ann,
Thank you for your review. While we are pleased to hear that for the most part your experience has been satisfactory, we would like to review your claims to verify you are getting the most out of your coverage. One of our customer care team members will be reaching out to gather some information and preform an audit on any claims you have concerns about.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Everyone is so very friendly and continues to work on all issues until the problem is resolved. For example I never follow up with my electric issue but the staff continues to call my cell phone and reminded me that this issue need to be resolved.

Sheryl,
Thank you for you kind review of American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that we provided you with a 5-star experience. If there is anything else we can do for you please give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

The experience of getting a service contractor was smooth and easy! The customer service agent was professional and courteous. The service contractor was prompt, knowledgeable and professional! He was able to quickly pinpoint my refrigerator’s problem and fix it. He even gave me pointers on how to avoid the problem again!

Camilla,
Thank you for taking the time to share about the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that our technician provided you with excellent service. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Your Customer service was Outstanding. I was extremely impressed by my Service. The representative was very helpful and informed me of my Service and what I needed to do to file a claim. Also what I needed to do to add my new washing machine.

Charlotte,
Thank you for your kind review. We have a great team of customer care representatives and we appreciate you acknowledging their hard work. If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Updated on 11/03/2018: Alexia contacted me today to rectify the situation. She said unfortunately the company is still in the process of notifying their customers there was a change in contract bylaws in which the deductible is paid upfront. That’s because they get your money give you an appointment in which is BOGUS!!! The service company said they don’t have any appointments for a week being the 13th of November instead of 7th.

I called to see if they had another company. The supervisor Nate doesn’t have that type of information available. He doesn't have the extension number of Alexia that called me this morning. He can request dispatch (again none available) to see if they have another service company. (He doesn’t have that information either.) It takes a few days for dispatch to get back to me so a new service company would probably not get out to service the refrigerator until the following week (the 13th or so again). Why am I paying this company every month for a service contract they CAN'T SERVICE? That’s why they demand the deductible paid upfront because their service is SO SLOW. Once again a HUGE disappointment in the integrity of this company!

I'M RETHINKING HAVING THIS CONTRACT. I'M THROWING MONEY AWAY EACH MONTH. Don’t waste your time talking to a supervisor because they give you the same answers: "I don’t have that type of information available to me", "I can only leave them a message", or "I think." I inquired about getting the name of another service company they have. He doesn’t have that information. I was going to call myself!! I asked if they would reimburse me the cost of another technician. Again I could submit the receipt for POSSIBLE reimbursement. Whatever. Next time I’ll do better checking the reputation of the company. FYI: Yes they did get back in a couple of days after writing my first complaint, however apparently that doesn’t help getting your appliance serviced. All she did was transfer me to service (FOR NOTHING).

Original Review: I have unfortunately attempted to utilize their services too. The first experience was regarding a plumbing issue in which the serve tech NEVER SHOWED!!! I’ve been attempting to obtain service on my refrigerator. However first you need to pay them BEFORE the technician comes out. When I explained my concern as my first experience turned out that the tech never showed it doesn’t matter. They changed the terms of the contract WITHOUT notifying the consumers. I asked for a supervisor. The reply was they don’t work at night. Asked for corporate number. They gave me the same number I just called. I am concerned with their business ethics. Beware.

Good Morning Jacquie,

This experience does not reflect the way our company does business.Our supervisors are always available to speak with customers regarding issues with service or even just for a friendly chat. So if you were unable to speak with one, we are sorry and will certainly look into what happened.

Yes, we did make a change and do collect the $55 service fee up-front, but that is to protect our technicians and our customers. We did send a notification to every customer informing them of the changes. So we are very sorry that you were unaware of the changes.

One of our corporate customer care managers will be reaching out to you to learn more about what happened, explain the changes, and help provide you with a resolution.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I have in the past have had good response from the company, but now it seems my area where I live has been Red Line. The company does not service my MidWest City where I live. I do not appreciate getting a call from their dept, stating they will solve the problem with my hot water heater, and in reality the company cannot. I pay the fee each month and now they ask for the ded of $55 to be paid upfront which I have done. I would like someone in Corp office to assist with this problem.

Good Morning Joyce,
Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention and we are sorry to hear about this experience. One of the managers from our corporate customer care team will be reaching out to learn more about what happened and to assist you with a resolution.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I've used their services three times refrigerator, dishwasher, dryer. They answer the phone in a timely manner. And have recommended a qualified technician that has resolved the problem. The repairman has arrived probably and has reasonable product knowledge.

Peter,
Thank you for taking the time to review the recent experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that we provided great service on all the items you have had serviced with us. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

My first time using them was to repair my fridge and they were able to sooner than originally scheduled. They were very professional and answered all of my questions. I have recommended them to friends and family and will definitely use them again. Customer Service is professional and very helpful.

Hi Gloria,
Thank your for your kind review. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if we can be of assistance and we look forward to continuing to protect your home.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Updated on 12/04/2018: Had an issue with my electricity in my home. No lights in several time, called American Residential for service. They sent a technician out after some time and my home in danger of catching fire, after several attempts and calling the tech finally sent his diagnostic to the company after claiming they never got it, did not get a response for about two weeks with the issue being as serious as it was, only to be told they would only offer me a payout of 300.00, and the cost to fix the issue was 1,100 dollars, and was later told that it was because my home was over 10 years old. This was not in the contract when I first purchased the plan but they made every excuse not to pay the claim. Don't be fooled and pour a lot of your hard earned money into this company. You won't get the help, and don't be fooled by the good reviews. Those are the only ones they publish.

Original Review: I have paid for home warranty service for about 2 years, never filed a claim until Oct 23, 2018. My electrical system have an issue that's threatening to burn my home that I can't afford to pay. I filed a claim, paid 55.00 deductible with American Residential, contractor sent the diagnostic they requested. I called to check the status. They said they never received the contractor information but later admit they had, and that they sent my request to an adjuster and that he would call me the next day. Never got the call. Been calling back everyday twice on 24. Try 26 because of the nature of my issues with my home in jeopardy of burning because of the issue. Was told to expect a call in 25 minutes on Sat 27th. Never received it and they're still stalling and making excuses. Terrible company, how can I get help. My home is in danger of catching fire.

Jesse,
Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. One of the managers from our corporate office will be reaching out to you to learn more about what happened and to work with you to provide a resolution.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

They ate very helpful and I am happy that I am using Amercian Residential Warranty especially when certain things in the house is expensive to get fix. I pay a fee every month and pay low fee for them to fix whatever I need fix.

Shatia,
Thank you for your kind review. We are please to learn that you are happy with the service provided by American Residential Warranty. If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your warranty.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

The technician was punctual, friendly, and knowledgeable. He explained that we were low on freon. He acted professionally. When it leaks out, refilling to a specific level is required. He chose to refill it. My son was home that day and described the whole exchange as very good service. Thanks.

Good Morning Mary,
Thank you for taking the time to review the recent experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to learn that we provided you with a 5-star experience. If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

The time inspection delivery was very Timely and efficient, I had no problems afterwards. I am very thankful and grateful for making the experience stress free. I would gladly recommend American Appliance to my friends and family. Please keep doing oh well very good job.

Anthony,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with American Residential Warranty and for recommending our services. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

American Residential Warranty is good for homeowners. For the most part, the company has been good to work with and resolve my claims. They have replaced things like my microwave, washing machine and plumbing issues. I would recommend American Residential Warranty.

William,
Thank you for taking the time to share valuable feedback about the experience you have had with American residential Warranty. If there is anything we can do to make your experience 5-star, please let us know. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve your warranty needs.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Very satisfied with warranty so far, good experience with technician that did an exceptional job with the repair. I hope you would cover more items, such as my sewer system is. I wish your company would do 1 preventive maintenance inspection on all items covered under the warranty.

Larry,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased to hear that we have provided you with great service. We do have an option to cover your sewer system. Give our customer care center a call to learn more. If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to give us call.
Kind Regards,

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

This company doesn't even deserve one star. I contracted with this company in Nov 2017. Never made a claim. Made a claim a few weeks ago (Oct 2018) and they couldn't even find anyone in the area to service the home. Finally found someone weeks later. Finally got the problem diagnosed; however, then they would NOT cover a plumbing issue, saying I needed to have purchased the deluxe package, which was never even offered at the time of contracting.

Paid them for a full year coverage, over $600 dollars and now they are holding back for $110??? Called corp to ask if they would make a consideration, but they won't because their policy won't let them, even though I wasn't told I needed to purchase more coverage to be FULLY covered, thinking the Premiere package I purchased WAS the full coverage; even offered to add the coverage to my plan, if they would cover the toilet handle replacement this one time, and they basically told me to eat it. NOT TO MENTION, I was on the phone for up to one hour to get to anyone who could tell me NO definitely not covering your issue. I own my own company and I have never treated a vendor or customer like this. Outrageous! The plumber even said he would never work with this company again. OMG the worst company EVER. Don't contract with this company, BIG MISTAKE.

Dear Jody,

We apologize for the recent issues you experienced when submitting a claim. Please expect a call from our customer care team.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Call to report problems. Have to wait 45 mins to hour. After FINALLY talking to agent somehow you get disconnected so have to start over. They have NO problem taking payments. My garage will not open and I keep getting the run-around saying claim Dept would call me but it's been 3 days and STILL NO call and now it's the weekend. IF they call it will be 6 days of waiting. What am I suppose to do? They say they would MAIL the Liftmaster to me after claim Dept will call so it's NOT 24hr service cause still waiting.

This is ridiculous! This is a rip-off and not professional! I need my garage fixed to get my car out. For this to be a business the calls are dropped and they will NOT call back so you have to start over and get a DIFFERENT agent then explain the problem. The policy has changed so you pay the warranty deductible to company not to provider before service is provided then hopefully they can find someone to do repairs if not you have paid for no service. This is NOT right.

Dear Michael,

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

My experience with American Residential Warranty has been awesome! They went above and beyond to resolve my dryer issue. They basically replaced my older non-working dryer with a new dryer. My blower wheel on my old dryer was on back order for over a month. This really was an inconvenience to me and my family. The Replacement Department stepped and sent me a new dryer for the inconvenience.

Perry,
Thank you for taking the time to share about the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We have a great team of customer care representatives and we appreciate you acknowledging their hard work. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.
Best regards,

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

While I was canning great juice the disposal in the kitchen went out. Call American Warranty to file a claim. Very easy to do and within 72 hours a plumber was out installing the new disposal. I have used this service mostly in my kitchen is appliances tend to go out and break.

George,
Thank you for being a long-time and loyal customer of American Residential Warranty. We appreciate you taking the time to share some feedback about ARW. If there is anything else you need, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to continuing to provide protection for your home.
Best regards,

American Residential Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

American Residential Warranty (ARW) sells home warranties, home security systems and more to give homeowners piece of mind about paying for costly repairs or damage. The company serves all 50 states and is headquartered in Florida.

• Plan options: ARW offers multiple plan options so homeowners can choose the coverage that they want. The company offers additional plans to cover electronics and add-ons to covers things like faucets or external plumbing.

• Contractor choose: Homeowners can choose the contractor or repairman who they want to work with. They do not have to use a professional selected by ARW.

• Home security: ARW offers home security systems and plans to help homeowners feel safe and secure. Packages include free installation and free activation.

• No contract: Homeowners who choose an ARW home warranty are not locked in to a long-term contract. They can cancel their coverage at any time.

• Special discounts: ARW offers several types of special discounts for new customers. Homeowners can receive discounts for bundling multiple services, buying their plan online, paying in yearly or quarterly timeframes and more.

• Best for: first-time homebuyers and home sellers.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

American Residential Warranty Company Information