It's that easy Request Information
4.80/5
Based on 338 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Residential Warranty provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with The Warranty Group to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

We know how important it is to have your appliances, electronics and systems covered in case something happens. American Residential Warranty has four home warranty plans and a three-in-one bundle to fit all your needs. Call us today to learn more!

American Residential Warranty Video
American Residential Warranty Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

557 American Residential Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

When my refrigerator went out the service I received was prompt. They made sure that there were several recommendations for technician to come to my home. I also appreciated that American Residential Warranty returned a follow up services call a week later.

Curtonia,
Thank you for leaving valuable feedback about the experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are glad we were able to provide you with 5 star service. If there is anything else we can help with please give us a call.

American Residential Warranty

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I had a great experience with your company. My washing machine broke and within a week it was repaired. The customer service agent was extremely patient and helped me out too. I would recommend all my friends and family to use your service.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I feel the assistance received was rectified within a timely manner. I did receive follow up calls and once I was able to reach the correct department I was accurately informed about the status of my repair. I would recommend service to others.

Hi Lakesha,
Thank you for recommending our services to others and for providing feedback about your experience. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: June 13, 2018

Very Pleasant, professional and punctual! I would refer to all my friends and family. I was a little skeptical at first and then when they arrived and explained the problem and took care of everything, my refrigerator worked and all was well.

Hi Wanda,
We appreciate your feedback and thank you for recommending our services to your friends and family. We are very please that we were able to resolve the issue with the refrigerator. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I love the service I receive with you guys so far. The technician are very professional. I only have problems with the customer service side very unprofessional. Spoke with a representative about the problem. Hopefully they can resolve the problem on the customer service side.

Hi Sharon,
Thank you for taking the time to review the experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We value your feedback and will certainly review the experience you had with customer service. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us.

American Residential Warranty

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have never had a bad experience with this company. If something breaks they have someone come out very soon after to fix it. My washing machine broke and they replaced it without a problem. The first one they picked I wanted to change to one with an agitator and it was not a problem they changed it. I will continue to recommend this company.

Karol,
Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are so please that you we were able to help get you a new washing machine and that your service with us has been five star. As always, if there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: June 11, 2018

Great response time, good service. Very satisfied. The technician was really well informed on the repair of the freezer. Would recommend American Residential to all my family and friends. The tech was very friendly and definitely knew his trade. Well. If I were to have him again it would be a pleasure.

Rose,
We are glad that you are highly satisfied with the warranty and thank you for recommending our services to friends and family. If there is anything else we can help your with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to provide warranty services for your home.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: June 9, 2018

Great service. If they can’t fix it they replace it. It is amazing. I am glad that I have this warranty. Something will break in the house at some point. That’s when you need help. I had problems with my garbage disposal and dishwasher they installed brand new for almost free. Thank you???

Galina,
Thank you for taking the time to share about the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased that we were able to replace your broken garbage disposal with a brand new one. As always, if there is anything more we can do for you, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to protect your home.

Original review: June 8, 2018

The customer rep. I spoke to, was kind and helpful to me. Answer all question. They help me understand the claim. It was enjoyable speaking to them. After giving me the answer they call back see if everything was ok.

Jerome,
Thank you for taking the time to share about the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are glad that we were able to provide you with 5 star service. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to serve your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Very good on replacing my disposal. I would recommend them to my friends. The customer service I received was top notch. The vendor was very prompt and knew what he was doing when he got to my home. The install only took about 10 min to do.

James,
We are very pleased to hear that the replacement of your garbage disposal went smoothly. Thank you taking the time recommend our services to your friends and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 8, 2018

We Purchased an Extended, Full Coverage Warranty on our new home purchase in FL, yet upon numerous attempts to file any routine claim, ARW Customer Service declined opening any Claim, whether it was large or small and also Denied us any service assistance under our contract. Furthermore, when requesting a supervisor in Corporate, the calls ALL LOOP back to customer service with a Recording indicating they are closed no matter what time of day receive the recording. After months of this nonsense we gave up though continue to receive 10+ Sales calls daily, exceeding 2 months now, harassing my employees.

We are now sending this case to our Legal Department to file suit against this company for Scam/False Advertising, Breach of Contract, Refusing Terms of Service and Conditions and Harassment, along with Reportings to the BBB, ACCC, Business and Professional Services, etc. Our legal dept also requested us to post warnings on FACEBOOK, Instagram, Twitter and such to notify the Public. This is not normal business practice as we have had Home Warranty Policies for the past 28 years without any problems. Our experiences with this company are outrageous. We suggest to get referrals and not to rely solely on ratings of a business. Hope this helps.

Christi,
We apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding you have experienced. Our records indicate that your account became past due on May 29th, 2018. We would like to help you with any claims that you need to file, but the account must be up to date before we can take any additional claims. You do not have to continue as an annual customer, we can covert your account to monthly payments if you would like and we do provide a 10 day grace period to make a payment.
Two managers from our corporate office have tried to contact you and have left messages. We have also emailed you in effort to make contact. We apologize for the calls, but our billing department has been trying to make contact to ensure your account is not cancelled for non-payment and to help get your claim filed and resolved.
A manager will be reaching out from our corporate office today. If you would like to call us our hours of operation are as follows:
Monday- Thursday 8:30AM to 6:00PM
Friday - 8:30AM to 4:30PM
Saturday- 9:00AM to 3:00PM

Original review: June 7, 2018

Thank you for being prompt, professional and genuinely concerned. The phone operator was pleasant. The technician that came out found the problem and ordered the proper equipment immediately. Now my stove is in tip top shape. Thank you so much!!

Dawn,
Thank you for leaving valuable feedback about your American Residential Warranty experience. We are very pleased that we were able to prove 5 star service. If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to provide you with warranty protection for your home.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Because they set a time for them to receive a call and they come out to fix the problem and if they can't they come out as soon as they got the parts. I was very pleased that they gave me the choice to choose my own repairman or to use theirs and I decided to use theirs. I only had to call them out twice and they did the repair in a timely manner. I really was grateful that the repairman called before coming out and also they called a few days later to see if I was satisfied with the work that they had done. I would recommend their services to others.

Della,
Thank you for taking the time to review the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are very pleased that we were able to provide you with 5 star service. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Plumbers came out to service my hot water heater in a timely manner to find it in fairly good condition. Friendly and great service. Home Warranty Services always come through at all times and follows through with whatever needs to be done. Home warranty's services are satisfaction guaranteed!

Hi Brenda,
Thank you for taking the time to share about the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased we were able to provide you with five star service. Please do not hesitate to call us anytime we can help and we look forward to continuing to provide you with home warranty protection.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I have had nothing but a great experience with this company. As soon as I called to get my air conditioner fixed, they gave me the information I needed so I could get that done. By the next morning we were enjoying nice cold air again.

Good Morning Kelly,
Thank you for taking the time to share about the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty and we a very glad we were able to provide 5 star service. If there is anything else we can help you with, please call us and we look forward to providing you with home warranty protection for a long time to come.
Kind Regard,

Original review: June 6, 2018

Very reliable service. Allows you to find your own service person if none is located in your area. You can select the services that you want covered within your contract. That will determine how much you pay each month. When service is rendered, the price is always $55.00.

Alicia,
Thank your for taking the time to review the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. As always, please do not hesitate to call us anytime we can help and we look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home.
All the best,

Original review: June 5, 2018

We had two separate issues with our dishwasher after we purchased our home. We felt like American Residential was fair with their response. The first issue was repaired promptly and the second found that the unit could not be repaired. ARW gave us a reasonable amount to apply to a new unit.

Bill,
Thank you for taking the time share valuable feedback about the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are glad we were able to provide you with 5 star service. If there is anything else we can help your with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to be your home warranty provider.

Original review: June 5, 2018

The service we received from American Residential Warranty was professional, true to the contract, smooth in and out customer service and overall a great experience. We would recommend to anyone. We have no complaints. If we ever need their service we would come back without a problem. Have shared our satisfaction with family members and have recommended American Residential Warranty to them as well.

Yvonne,
Thank you for your business over the years and for taking the time to share the positive feedback about the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are sorry see you go, but understand circumstances change. If you find yourself in a position where you need home warranty protection again, we will be ready to serve you.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I would definitely recommend ARW to family and friends. It's worth the money you pay, compared to what you would potentially spend even on one home repair. Because it seems as though home repairs happen when you can't afford them, and the raw warranty comes in handy when money is tight.

Good Morning Jeff,
Thank you for recommending our services to friends and family and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with American Residential Warranty. We are glad that we were able to provide you with 5 star service and that you got to experience the value of our home warranty services. If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to give us a call and we look forward to providing continued warranty protection for your home.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I had great experience. He very nice. He did a great job. I would recommend you all to all of my friend and families. To you - all thanks and have a great day. The next time I needs more work done I hope I can used the same person.

Hi Earline,
We are very glad that you had a 5 star experience with American Residential Warranty and thank you for taking the time to share about that experience. We appreciate your recommendation. If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 4, 2018

American Residential Warranty has been our home warranty company for 7 years. They have always been responsive to our phone calls and have connected us with selected technicians within the hour. When their technicians have a scheduling problem, they allow our own technician to service us with preclearance. Their deductible is fairly low. Some years we have had multiple claims and they have never dropped us or wriggled out of servicing us. I have recommended them to family members and friends who have purchased homes recently.

Lori,
Thank you for being a long-time customer of American Residential Warranty and thank you for taking the time to share about the experience you have had with us. We are glad that we have provided you with 5 star service over the years. As always, if there is anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to provide you with home warranty protection for many more years to come.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: June 3, 2018

We were having issues with our air conditioning unit. The service rep came to our home the same day we contacted him. They completed the job and the issue was resolved. So far there have been no further problems as of today's date.

Johnny,
Thank you for sharing about the experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We are glad we could get the issues with the Air Conditioning resolved and quickly too. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to continuing to protect your home.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Best service and experience ever. Courteous. On time. Best results. At least a 1000 score. They did all appts. Called the accredited service companies to service my appliance. Service company also courteous and on time. American Residential called me to make sure I the customer was completely satisfied. And I certainly was.

Juan,
Thank you for taking the time to review the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are very pleased that we were able to provide you with an exceptional overall service experience. As always, if there is anything else we can help you with please call us and we look forward to providing you with continual home warranty protection.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Received quality service from the provider who was assigned to our order. He was very professional and exhibited a wealth of experience. Would highly recommend him or request him for future jobs. Thanks Mr. **.

Anthony,
Thank you for leaving valuable feedback about the experience you had with American Residential Warranty. We have a great nationwide team of service technicians and we appreciate you acknowledging their hard work. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please give us a call and we look forward to continuing to provide protection for your home.
Best,

Original review: June 1, 2018

When my oven failed it was concluded by the technician it could not be repaired. The failed part was not available for replacement for our model. In accordance with their agreement ARW paid us the full amount allowed by the warranty agreement. They are an honorable company.

John,
Thank you for taking time to leave feedback about the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are glad we were able to provide a 5 star experience. If there is anything else we can help you with please call us and we look forward to continuing to provide protection for you home.

Original review: June 1, 2018

None I would recommend them to anyone that needs a great home warranty. I feel that they were great pick. They were very fast and efficient. They called within the next day or hours in making the arrangements. I just feel comfortable with this home warranty.

Cindye,
Thank you for reviewing the services you received from American Residential Warranty. We are very glad we were able to provide a 5 star experience. If there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to call us and we are pleased to be continuing to protect your home.
Best,

Original review: June 1, 2018

After reviewing ARW we cancelled the warranty that we had. We have had two claims and the first one was settled promptly and we are waiting for the billing on the second claim but have received 2 calls giving us the email where to send the billing when it comes. We rate them a 5 star!!

Hello Patricia,
Thank you for taking the time to share about the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty and we are glad you made the decision to protect your home with us. If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to call.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I am very disappointed with American Residential Warranty service. I have to wait a long time to speak to a representative and then they give you a choice for a callback if you do not wish to hold. I still have to wait an hour or more for a callback. I have been waiting over a week to have my central air unit fixed. They give me several repair places to call. When I called one repair service the technician said he couldn't get to me for 5 weeks. I called another place and their voicemail was full. When I did get a technician to my house he couldn't fix my unit.

I called American residential and they said they couldn't do anything until they received the technician’s report. I tried to get through to American Residential later to see what the status was. I decided to see how long it would take for a representative pick up. I put my phone on speaker so I could hear if anyone would answer my call. I took a shower, blew my hair dry and curled it, put my make up on and still no one was available. It's ridiculous. It's been over a week and I can't get my air conditioner fixed.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Thank you to ARW for replacing our washer that literally blew up! I was so stressed out and concerned that I wouldn't have a washer but within 3 days of the incident I had a brand new washer! With a full house of kids & dogs, I could not go without a washer and I didn't have to for long thanks to ARW! We are so thankful for our warranty!

Samantha,
Thank you for taking the time to review the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are glad that you were happy with the service and that you like your new washer. If there is anything else we can do, please do not hesitate to call us and we look forward to providing you with home warranty protection into the future.

Original review: May 31, 2018

When Lowe's delivered the refrigerator they were nice and courteous. We like the fridge and we want to stay with you. Thanks, they set it up with no complications, took all the plastic off and they explained a little on the functions.

Hi Norma,
Thank you for taking the time to leave valuable feedback about the experience you have had with American Residential Warranty. We are pleased that you are happy with the new fridge. If there is anything else we can do to help, please do not hesitate to call and we look forward to continuing to protect your home.
Regards,

American Residential Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

American Residential Warranty (ARW) sells home warranties, home security systems and more to give homeowners piece of mind about paying for costly repairs or damage. The company serves all 50 states and is headquartered in Florida.

• Plan options: ARW offers multiple plan options so homeowners can choose the coverage that they want. The company offers additional plans to cover electronics and add-ons to covers things like faucets or external plumbing.

• Contractor choose: Homeowners can choose the contractor or repairman who they want to work with. They do not have to use a professional selected by ARW.

• Home security: ARW offers home security systems and plans to help homeowners feel safe and secure. Packages include free installation and free activation.

• No contract: Homeowners who choose an ARW home warranty are not locked in to a long-term contract. They can cancel their coverage at any time.

• Special discounts: ARW offers several types of special discounts for new customers. Homeowners can receive discounts for bundling multiple services, buying their plan online, paying in yearly or quarterly timeframes and more.

• Best for: first-time homebuyers and home sellers.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

American Residential Warranty Company Information