Consumer Reviews and Complaints

26%
  • 3 stars4
  • 2 stars0
  • 1 stars0
American Home Guard has fast and reliable claims services that will ensure you and your family’s appliance or system replacement/repairs are taken care of.
American Home Guard has three different service plans to fit your specific need and they also offer their customers a comprehensive referral and rewards program.
We provide the most comprehensive and flexible warranty on the market and offer a full 30-day Money Back Guarantee.

Call today for a free quote and ask about our military and veteran discounts!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The expense of everything breaking down made me decide to get a home warranty and my sister recommended American Home Guard to me. The sales representative was very helpful and nice. I haven't got to use them yet, but so far I would recommend them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've never had a home warranty. We've had our home since 2009 and now own a second one but we haven't even thought of having home warranty until this year. One of my co-workers said she called her home warranty company and they'll gonna come over and take a look at their air conditioner. I thought you could only do that when you sell your home as part of purchase for the new people buying the house. She said, "No, you can get it anytime." I didn't even know about that. So then that's when I started checking out home warranty companies and chose American Home Guard. I spoke to a representative, I told them that there was a specific person that we like to use or a company that we would like to use. They said most likely they'll be on their list. He checked and they said they were not on there. But he would put down that they would be our preferred company that would come over because in the past they have done great work for us.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live in a condo that was built in 1975 and I already replaced all my appliances a couple of years ago, and I figured they’re going to break down. I had been with different home warranty companies for a dozen year and had some decent service. However, I had a bad experience with the last one I was with, so I did some homework on the internet to find another company. I found American Home Guard and spoke to one of their sales reps. The coverage was comparable to what I had and a few dollars more, but I wasn't satisfied with the previous company, so I got American Home Guard. The sales rep told me what was going on and emailed me the particulars. The warranty won’t be active ‘til the end of the month.

Hi Jennifer,

We are so glad to hear you are so happy with us. It's loyal customers like you that keep us doing what we do best. Being that you met our qualifications we were able to offer you an exclusive rate. American Home Guard strives for excellence and customer service is our number one priority. Happy we can help!

Customer Relations,

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

My previous home warranty was not willing to work with me. I just bought a house last year and they increased their insurance rate from $345 to $487, so that is not acceptable. I called them to let them know that I was looking into getting another policy and they didn't care. I then went to American Home Guard and they're willing to work with me. I spoke to a sales rep and he was very good. I told him that I could not afford to pay everything all at once, so I asked him if I could break the payment in two instead of one and he was willing to do that. They went out of their way to work with me.

When I told them what I wanted, I was able to lock in the rate for another five years or for the life of the policy. And my service call is going to be $45, instead of $65 like American Home Warranty wanted, and my annual rate for the insurance is $350, which is very good. I recommended them to my girlfriend. My policy is not going to be active yet though until my other home warranty is up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I decided to get a home warranty for the house that I'm renting because it's a wise thing to protect my appliances. American Home Guard had the best price and according to different consumer websites, they're rated pretty high. I've just started with them and I haven't had any issues. It was a positive experience purchasing the warranty from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Home Guard?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to have a home warranty with American Home Shield then I switched to American Home Guard because their price was cheaper than the rest. The sales rep was knowledgeable and he answered all my questions. It was really good customer service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I recently purchased an American Home Guard policy for a home I’m selling. I’ve had them before for myself and when the one that I have right now expires, I may switch over to them again. They have a 14-month plan which is two months longer than the one-year plans for less money so that's a good thing.

Hi Andre,

Thank you so much for the review! We have gone over our archives and review the phone call you had made. The gentleman was knowledgeable and has been her for quite some time. There was no sign of him being "cryptic" on the phone. We are truly sorry you feel that way. You can ask to speak to another representative in the future and we would be glad to assist you.

Customer Relations,

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I heard some people talking about home warranties then I purchased one over the phone from American Home Guard. Their rates and the coverage were a little better than other providers. The purchase was a fairly easy process and I've been with them for about a month now. I called their customer service this morning because I have an issue with my air at my house. I called to get an understanding of what to do and what needs to be done and the guy I spoke to didn’t make me feel very secure about the service. He was very cryptic in what I needed to do and I had to pull teeth to get the information. When there's a new customer, they should be willing to and be ready to make them feel comfortable and walk them through the steps.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a bad experience with the First American Homeowners Insurance, so I wanted to change. I found American Home Guard online and they were one of the companies that were in the area and that serve the Washington State. They were very friendly on the phone and their rate was very competitive.The sales rep was very helpful. I called back the second day and got the same person. They made sure that I understood everything that’s covered and not, and gave me a good discount on the policy and two months extra on the whole year.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been with AHS for 17 years and recently, I had a problem and they've sent out a bad vendor. Because of that, I decided I've had enough of them so I started looking and decided to switch to American Home Guard. I chose them because everything that they advertised was equal to or better than American Home Shield. I am in the one month exclusion period with AHG and haven't submitted a claim to them yet, but their sales rep has been very helpful and seemed glad that they have us come on board. All communication with their salespeople went fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have some components in our house that are older, so we wanted to make sure coverage was adequate in case things did happen that we don't want to happen, and American Home Guard was listed among the top ten home warranty companies. Their local coverage seemed a bit more adequate for what we were looking for in Georgia, and they were a little less pricey. The service seemed decent from the rep we spoke with, and they were offering a 15-month contract in two payments. That probably saved us $50 to $100. I was a little surprised, though, that no one seemed to be aware of them. Also, right before we purchased, we had a call from another rep at the same company, who had a similar name and voice, and it threw me off a little bit.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A relative recommended American Home Guard and I found it through the internet. We discussed the various cost of the different plans with their rep and we followed his recommendation. The only caveat is we would have liked to have seen the policy in its entirety before we had to purchase it, which we did recently.

Hi Minnie,

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to see you did your research and chose the best company out there. Hopefully you never have to use it. If something comes up you can feel confident we are right there behind you. We look forward to servicing you for years to come.

Management,

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

I was looking for another company because I wasn’t happy with the one I had. I looked online and also checked the BBB, and I liked the reviews I saw for American Home Guard. I went ahead and did it online because it was quicker and I got the contract over e-mail. They sent me all the materials and I printed them out and then sent back them in. I haven't submitted any claims so I'm waiting to see how they will handle my first claim.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had been using somebody else, and periodically I check to see if there’s anything better or more reasonable out there. So I did some checking around, saw American Home Guard was pretty good and decided to go with them. The sales rep was nice enough and he gave me a discount for multi-year purchase.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's good that American Home Guard services Hawaii while other companies do not. Also, I was able to negotiate the price with them and move the time up from 30 days.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of my neighbors was talking about American Home Guard and I went with them because of their reviews. Though I haven’t had to use them, they were really good when I purchased my policy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was thinking about owning multiple properties so having a home warranty was the best thing for me. For what I wanted to get covered and the price, American Home Guard was the best one to go with. Their rep was very nice and very professional. He let me know what I needed to do and what they actually covered. He gave me the ins and outs of the complete package.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There were a lot of different options for what we wanted but I liked American Home Guard's cost. Their sales rep was extremely polite and helpful, and explained everything really well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

American Home Guard's website was really good. I'm impressed by their top rating and they were also relatively price competitive. They weren't the cheapest but they seemed to be of good value. I started the purchasing process online and someone called me to finish it up the next day. Everything’s going good.

My home warranty had expired so I looked online and liked American Home Guard's price. It was easy to purchase the warranty over the phone. Their sales rep was very nice, well-informed and helped me a lot. I signed the contract and sent it back to them on my iPhone. They said I'll get a paper copy though I haven't gotten it yet. Aside from that, everything went well even if I am yet to use them. But I'm looking forward that when I call them, they come out and fix a problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I decided to go for American Home Guard because I understood what they were saying and also because of their promotions that I saw online. Some other warranty providers were more expensive and I didn't understand all the stuff they were saying. Their sales representative was really nice. He answered all my questions and then he gave me more information on American Home Guard. He sent the contract by email. I called three times and every time I called and gave them my name, they could tell who I talked to and everybody was really nice. Having American Home Guard I look forward that if any of my appliances break down, they will repair them and I don't have to spend a whole lot of money to have them replaced.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have American Home Guard for two months now but I haven't used the service yet. I was able to purchase it over the phone and that was convenient for me. It was easy and I liked it. The sales guy was nice and helpful. He explained the services and was able to answer the questions that I had for him. He said that they would do the things that I ask them. There wasn't anything in small print that it was trying to hide anything from somebody. If they cover them, they will cover them. I work in the customer service business myself and I know that honesty and all time quality is the best policy so I know. And until they have come out to solve some problems, what he said and what I read is all I could go by.

I was dissatisfied with what I had previously so I started looking at different warranties. I purchased from American Home Guard over the phone and it was easy. The sales rep was good, accommodating, and helpful. I received a copy of the contract they sent via email already, but the real copy is still on its way.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My home is getting older and I figured I should get a home warranty. AHG was more competitive than some of the other companies I was talking to at the time so I purchased the warranty from them and so far so good. Hopefully if anything goes wrong, it'll be something that will be easily taken care of and I won't have to go through the hassle of trying to pay for a warranty and pay out-of-pocket for everything else. Their sales rep was very informative, personable, persistent but not pushy, and willing to give discounts on the pricing. He sent me the contract by email but I haven't received anything in the mail yet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My home is eight years old now, and I wanted to be on the safe side so I looked into getting a home warranty. American Home Guard's price was good. I bought my warranty over the phone, and the process was smooth. The sales rep was very courteous and helpful, and he sent my contract by email. I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I usually have a home warranty in place and the original one that I had lapsed. American Home Guard's price was better than the other ones I saw online. I then bought my warranty over the phone, and it was pretty easy. The sales rep who helped me was really good and efficient. He listened to what I needed and chose a plan that was appropriate for me. He sent me everything and I had a chance to look at the plan then chose to go with it. I received my contract by email but did not get hard copies, so I have to talk to them about it. Additionally, I have an issue about the yearlong policy because when I signed up, I was supposed to get three extra months and I only received one. So, I have to resolve that. Other than that, I am happy with AHG, and I'm looking forward to being able to call a contract person out to my house without going through the process of getting them trying to see who is a good plumber and who is not.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a home warranty for the rates and payments I would have to make if I put in a claim. The individual from American Home Guard that helped me was fine. If a problem occurs, I’m looking to have a fully qualified licensed contractor that will do a good job and if there are replacements of parts, they should be original or better than the original parts that are being used.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've lived in the house a while and know things are going to start to break so I perused a bunch of warranty providers and American Home Guard gave me the coverage that I wanted. The sales representative was very accommodating, helpful, and answered all my questions. I am looking forward to be satisfied with their response and customer service and have peace of mind.

I've always had a home warranty and since I moved into this house, I hadn't gotten one. But I'm single and when things break in my house, it's a good thing to have. The guy from American Home Guard that I talked to negotiated with me and gave me a good deal. He came down on the price and on the service fee and that's what made me decide to go with them. Also, the purchasing process was easy and everything so far has been okay. I'm looking forward to having help from them when I need it. However, they've sent me my policy with the wrong address on it. I called the guy who signed me up for it and he said he was going to get it taken care of. But they sent me another one and it still has the wrong address on it. So I just emailed him about it and I haven't even signed and returned the contract yet.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 22, 2016

I never received a copy of my contract. I asked to have one mailed by snail mail and American Home Guard did. Thank you!

David,

We have worked diligently to provide you with excellent service. We are not responsible for USPS time frames. In addition to the hard copy that we sent out, you have a policy in PDF format located in your e-mail. That was emailed the day that we set you up. Feel free to print it that would be the same copy of what we sent out. We take our rating's very seriously and request you to give us a new honest rating.

Original review: July 19, 2016

American Home Guard have good ratings. I purchased my warranty online, which was pretty easy. They are supposed to mail the contract to me, but I haven't received it yet. Other than that, my experience with them has been okay so far. With American Home Guard, I know I have somebody to call if I'll have a problem.

Expert Review

Michele LernerMortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.    More about Michele→

American Home Guard is a home warranty company that offers three levels of protection for homeowners, depending on their needs. They sell plans to homeowners, home sellers and realtors. With a national network of service providers, American Home Guard is capable of having a technician sent to your home fast so your problem is solved in less than 24 hours. Their services include warranties for major home appliances, major home systems and a combination of both major appliances and major systems.

• Versatile: With three levels of protection available, you won’t pay for warranties you don’t need. In addition to providing warranties for home systems and/or appliances, you can add-on protection for your pool, sump pump, lawn sprinkler system and more.
  • Discounts available: American Home Guard has several discount options for active and veteran military, seniors and government employees.
  • Transferrable warranty: Home sellers can easily transfer their warranty to homebuyers, which can make your house more marketable. Transferred warranties are valid for one full year of coverage beginning on the date of closing.
  • Fast claims processing: When you need something fixed, call American Home Guard anytime, day or night. They will send out a technician to assess the situation and provide a solution, whether that is repairing or replacing the appliance or system, all for one low flat-fee service charge.
  • Free, easy quote: Fill out a short form online to get your free quote on an American Home Guard warranty plan. Best of all, your plan comes with a 30-day money back guarantee, so you can sign up risk-free for the first 30 days.
  • Best for American Home Guard is best for homeowners, home sellers and realtors.

American Home Guard Company Profile