toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I am pretty happy with the service provided by them. My Heating broke in the middle of the night, I called them the next morning. Though the claim entry process is a little difficult than the other companies I had worked in the past but they were able to find a local technician and schedule the repair promptly.

We are happy for their service and quick respond. Just one and half month ago only I took the policy even though they respond very fast for my claim and now it's working well. l recommend my friends to buy this insurance. We can lock the price by taking two years policy.

I have just recently had to file a claim on my dishwasher which wasn't draining properly. After filing a claim online I was called by a claims representative who was extremely helpful. She coordinated the entire claim from start to finish. By the next day the appliance technician came to fix the clogged drain and waived the service fee. As you can imagine I couldn't be happier and told Christina I would write a positive review.

American Home Guard's pricing was better and they gave me a good deal for being a Federal employee. I spoke to their guys when I signed up and they were very friendly and honest. They didn't sound gimmicky.

My initial contact with american home guard has been excellent so far!! !

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Home Guard?

Just had to file my second claim on my furnace this year. The first time the contractor came out he repaired it and had it running well until last week. I called in to have them send out the same gentleman as the last time as he was extremely helpful. Turned out it was the same issue as the last time. Glad he fixed it again. He didn't even charge me the service call.

My previous home warranty upped our monthly rate by almost double and our per call thing was gonna go up by $35 out of the blue. I wanted to change companies and I did a little Google search on the top home warranty companies. I started calling around and I got what I wanted from American Home Guard. Setting up with them was easy.

We had a different home warranty company and it didn't work out for us, so I tried something new and more local. I looked up American Home Guard online and their customer service has been great.

My experience was very good. My electrical panel on the outside of my house was faulty. The Insurance staff took excellent care of me and Reynolds electric was there when they stated. Technician excellent. It was taken care of to my satisfactory. Technician was very personable. Asked a lot of questions.

I did a Google search for home warranties in January and I went with American Home Guard primarily because of the cost, the service fee, and the network they covered in Orlando. I did an inquiry then somebody called me and I signed up over the phone. It was an easy process. They sent me a contract to sign and send back.

I had a home warranty on a house that I had purchased last year and I wanted to get another warranty because I’m renting another house. I looked at four different ones and I went with American Home Guard because of their price. Over the phone, they were nice enough and answered my questions. When I purchased the warranty, I also talked to one of their guys and interactions went okay and without any problems.

My wife researched online and because of the price, we chose American Home Guard. Enrollment was easy.

I just signed up for American Home Guard, so I haven’t used it yet and haven’t even received my hard copy, but the sign-up process with their rep, Adam, was good. So far, I'm satisfied with it.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Stephen,

We have thoroughly went over your review as it has been brought to our attention. Our customer relations management software and phone logs show a recorded phone conversation within the last week confirming the duplicate charge has been reversed to the method of payment due to a clerical error. You have agreed this issue has been taken care of and are ultimately satisfied with the terms as well as the discounted pricing you have been offered. We value and appreciate your business and request a revised review seeing as this matter has been resolved.

Client Services,

Original review: March 8, 2017

I was with American Home Shield and my premiums went up to almost $100 a month because I had some claims after 50 years with them, they had very little claim. So I got on the internet and looked at American Home Guard and a couple of others. AHG was the first one on the list. Then I took a look at the reviews and the price was good, the reviews were okay and better business bureau did not have any adverse complaints.

However, I have bad luck with AHG. I paid for five years worth of service but I don't know what service I'm entitled to and I'm starting to get a little bit perturbed. I haven't received any hard copy that tells me who to call, what is covered and what my obligations are. As a matter of fact, I dialed a number that American Home Guard told me to dial and I keep getting a menu. I punched the right button, it goes back and gives me the same menu all over again, ad nauseam.

Then, I made some calls and gave the customer service rep another credit card number. Lo and behold, credit card A came up twice as a bill and credit card B came up as another bill all for the same amount and the same service. My goodness, it took me about a month-and-a-half to straighten up the credit card stuff. As far as I know right now, I have paid Chase the amount of money I owe them and I'm still awaiting some information from AHG.

My house was built in the 80's and its warranty already expired by a couple of months so I figured I might as well get a home warranty for the time we're going to live here. I was comparing rates and deductibles so I called three other companies and found out that American Home Guard had the best plan for my family. I got a phone call the next day and the rep who I talked to wasn't pressuring me. He asked if I was in the military and offered me some discounts. We worked with the budget that I could afford and we ended up making a two-year deal instead of just a one year.

I was Googling home warranty companies and they were all the same as to what they cover. So, it just came down to price and American Home Guard was a bit better so I went with them. I signed up for their service over the phone. Their reps were great. I went over some of their coverage things and then they sent me a copy of the form.

I put in a request on HomeAdvisor.com that I needed a home warranty program, so several companies called me. American Home Guard's offered price was lower than the one I'd already set up so I went with them. I just signed up with them not too long ago and the experience was fine.

We needed coverage on stuff that we might have, so we looked into acquiring a home warranty. American Home Guard seemed very reasonable, so we went with them. Signing up for the service was easy, and the salesman I spoke with has been good. At this point, I'd recommend them.

I wanted to have some kind of backup in case something doesn’t work. I requested quotes for a home warranty and American Home Guard was on the list of home warranty providers on one of the websites I followed. Based on my interaction, they were not that great when I entered it online. But there was a guy who was ready to call me back and explained American Home Guard's offers. That helped me to make the decision. Their rep was pretty good and he explained all the details, although he made me a little hasty and finally taking the decision.

An X mark for Home Guard, though, is there’s no online form where I can submit a claim or request for a service. Had I known this earlier, I might have had second thoughts. But now that I signed up, I want to give them the benefit of doubt and see how their phone service works out. If it doesn’t work, I’ll cancel the service. But I'll be okay if it does. It’s a compromise for me, but it’s big thing.

I did a search on the internet for home warranties, looked at reviews posted by people and the price. American Home Guard was among the top, so I picked them. I bought a warranty for the new homeowner from them. My signing up for service with them was all done online. I just filled out some basic paper for the initial inquiry. They sent something back, and then I said, "Okay, let's go." The whole application process took 15 minutes.

I had a warranty with American Home Guard years ago. In the past, I had used them for a claim and they were very good. They let me use who I wanted to use and they came out and fixed the problem quickly. The technicians were good, too. And since I knew that they were good, I decided to get back to them when I got a new home. From my last experience with them, I'd recommend them.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Lainey,

We do not know what phone number you have been trying to reach us through. American Home Guard has representatives on call 24/7 either by phone or e-mail. Since this review we have attempted to contact you multiple time and have left you numerous messages to address your concerns and to follow up about your missed payments. Had you called the right number we are quite sure this review would have never made it here. Please do not hesitate to call or e-mail the correct number located on your policy should you need service.

We look forward to servicing you.

Client Services,

Original review: March 3, 2017

I tried to call American Home Guard last week because I needed some service and it said the phone extension is not operating or available. But the number worked before. I'm very dissatisfied. I couldn't reach the company.

Compared to other home warranty companies, American Home Guard is pretty good in terms of the pricing and what they had offered. I signed up with them in January, but I bought the warranty on a home that I didn't end up purchasing because it's all through the last minute. But now I purchased a new home, so I needed to make sure if the address is updated. But when I've tried contacting them using their number in my email and on their website, I end up getting into a voicemail service.

I purchased a new home and searched home warranties online. I chose a different company initially, but because I had done an online search and put in some information, I was contacted by American Home Guard. They offered me not only a more affordable price but included more than what I had already selected. I had a few questions in the process of getting their plan and they were easily accessible. They were also courteous and even if they couldn’t answer all my questions, they would always at least point me in the right direction or get back to me with the answer. So far, my warranty is fairly new and I’m still in the process of getting to know them.

My girlfriend uses American Home Guard. She told me about it and that she has a good experience with it. The price is right and is better than some of the other places that I’ve looked at. The enrollment process was very simple and I just talked to the representative on the phone. He filled out the offer and the paperwork to when I was involved, they sent me something that I had to sign and be sure to send back, and then they sent me an email confirmation for everything.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Hi James,

We understand your frustration. However mistakes happen and as a top rated home warranty provider clerical errors do take place. Our representative were always available to take your call and have addressed all of your concerns. Your policy has been revised and e-mailed and mailed out to your home address via USPS. We would hate to see you compare us with another company in which you were ultimately unsatisfied with and kindly you take into consideration the reduced rate and customer service we have provided you with so far. AHG proudly looks forward to providing you with the best service out there when you need it most.

We Welcome You To Our Family.

Client Services,

Original review: March 1, 2017

Our contract with American Home Guard was written wrong. For extras, we added a well pump in our septic pump but what they sent us was a sump pump. We don't even have a sump pump. We called about two weeks ago but we couldn't even get through and get a "leave a voicemail." We waited for the beep but the phone went completely dead like they hung up.

Today was the third time I've called them about sending us a correct hard copy of the contract. The rep said they're going to take care of it all today and mail it out. We should have it by Friday or Saturday. I told the gal that we're with American Home Shield for 18 years and I’m getting the same vibes from AHG right now that I got from AHS from the past two years. I haven’t even had a claim and they’ve already held two months of pay out of our checking account in automatic withdrawals. From the time you first call them that you’re interested in their service, it was like you’re lovebirds on the phone. Now, they got that rudeness and they talk over you and won’t quit talking. If I don’t have a copy of that contract with the corrections by Friday or Saturday morning, I’m canceling.

I wanted to change home warranty from the ones I had before and I found American Home Guard through Google. Their reps were all nice to me. They broke everything down to let me know what was covered.

When we closed on the house, we offered American Home Guard to the buyer for free. The rate was good and they offered me two months free, which was beyond what we expected, and they dated the policy to start on the date we needed. We got the policy that we wanted and it covers everything we needed it to cover. The co-pay is low too. The guy I talked to over the phone was a professional. He told me exactly what I’d be getting and what all the plan would cover, which is the reason why I went with American Home Guard. We will purchase a home warranty policy with them when we build our home because we were very satisfied.

American Home Guard's customer service reps were cooperative and they give a better payment option. We had a little bit of a misunderstanding as far as what was coming out during payment, and the effective dates, but that was just a lack of communication between salespeople. They seem like a reputable company plus they have a local office in Downtown Philadelphia.

I have a rental and a home and I did American Home Guard for both of them. A couple of my friends from work have gone through them and they like them. So far, I've been with the company for almost two months but I'm not liking American Home Guard 'cause I still haven't received any of my paperwork in the mail which should have been sent right away. I paid them over $1,000 and called them twice.

The first time was when I first enrolled and they said my paperwork would be right out. I called back again a month later and they emailed me something. I told them I wanted the paperwork to put in my file so I can read it and not online. They apologized and said they'll get it right out to me. They still haven't fixed the problem so I can cancel at any time. But I’m going to at least talk to them one more time. If it doesn't work out this next time, then I’ll cancel and get my refund. That's the only complaint that I have with them. Otherwise, they've been really nice and if I get my paperwork, I'll be really happy.

American Home Guard Company Profile