toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Sagar!

American Home Guard wants to thank you for taking time to submit your positive review regarding our service as most customers don't take time amidst their day to express their opinions.

We value your business and look forward to servicing you for more years to come.

Client Services

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I am pretty happy with the service provided by them. My Heating broke in the middle of the night, I called them the next morning. Though the claim entry process is a little difficult than the other companies I had worked in the past but they were able to find a local technician and schedule the repair promptly.

Hi Rani!

American Home Guard appreciates your business and is happy to see that you are pleased with our services. We look forward to enrolling any referrals to us and will make sure it will be worth their while with any of our home warranty plans.

We are proud to be able to offer any client to become part of our Referral Program and look forward to servicing you for many years to come.

Thank you again!

Client Services

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

We are happy for their service and quick respond. Just one and half month ago only I took the policy even though they respond very fast for my claim and now it's working well. l recommend my friends to buy this insurance. We can lock the price by taking two years policy.

Hi Jean,

Thank you for your review and for choosing American Home Guard. We are very glad to see that you are pleased with our services.

Our claims specialists work diligently in an effort to strive for utmost customer satisfaction and will continue in doing so for current policy holders as well as any new ones who enroll in any of our home warranty plans.

We appreciate you taking time to submit your review and look forward to continue to service you!

Best,

Client Services

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I have just recently had to file a claim on my dishwasher which wasn't draining properly. After filing a claim online I was called by a claims representative who was extremely helpful. She coordinated the entire claim from start to finish. By the next day the appliance technician came to fix the clogged drain and waived the service fee. As you can imagine I couldn't be happier and told Christina I would write a positive review.

I had American Home Shield and I got very disgusted with their service. We choose to always have a home warranty put in so I needed to replace them. I looked at American Home Guard's website and a representative called me and he is customer service quality. He was 80% of the reason why I chose to go with them. Moreover, American Home Guard was in the top range based on the Consumer Reports.

American Home Guard called me, insured my appliances and I paid them. I told them my address and they took a payment. Then they took another payment. I called them twice during that time and said, "I never got a contract with you." They said to me, "Oh, okay. We do it email." I said, "Well, it's not in my email. Send it to my email and slow mail."

Two or three months later, I needed service on an appliance. Suddenly they didn't service my area. I asked for a refund of my money. I really wanted my appliance service placed through. I said, "You have my address and had it for so long. And you took it when you gave me the contract and said you definitely do take it." And with that, they said, "No, that was an error.” I said, “But two other times you had the chance to turn around and know my address, since I gave it to you, if you don't service the area.” I asked for my money back. She told me she wouldn't give me my money back 'til I went online and cancelled the contract. I don't want to look like I cancelled the contract. Fact of the matter is, I didn't have a contract. But they dipped their little hand in my checking account twice for the payments. So, they owe me two.

I think it's a scam. I don't think there's any Guard. You think your home is insured and you just keep paying them. Generally, you don't need them. Then something comes up and then they tell you that was an error. There's no service.

I Googled home warranties and American Home Guard is on the list of 10 best. Their sales representative on the phone was very nice and excellent. Also, since I've got two units that's an owner-occupied rental, and with the discount, I was able to insure both units. All in all, the experience was excellent. I have recommended American Home Guard and gave their number to a friend of mine.

I’ve had American Home Guard for three weeks. The guy that I dealt with was good and very helpful. He was nice and answered my questions. The only thing is it took a little while getting the contract paperwork to me. It took four days.

Good evening Alan,

American Home Guard wants to thank you for your review and hope that you continue to be happy with the services provided.

We are proud to offer our Buyers and Sellers program where our clients can take advantage of discounts and/or promotions that may be available at the point of sale.

Our sales teams and client service specialists look forward to assisting our clients with the best of customer service. We look forward to referrals of buyers and sellers and to offer the best home warranty rates in the industry.

We appreciate your business!

Client Services

Original review: April 8, 2017

We got American Home Guard for the house that we’re selling. Their sales rep gave me a good deal. I told them what I was doing and they sent me over to another division and gave me a decent price with three months extra. Overall, their service is good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Home Guard?

We had a home warranty with another company before and it made sense to have that type of security around the house. American Home Guard came up as the best company for me in a Google search. I talked to a guy on the phone to sign up. He called, took my information and told me what would benefit me best. I've discussed with my husband what would be best for us. We decided on the program that suited and benefited us and signed up. We included the pool in the coverage, military discounts and different stuff that factored into the process. We signed up for a one-year contract and we had the option to pay all at once at a discounted rate. That's what I wanted to do but we ended up paying for it monthly. Also, they're very prompt. I called them late one evening and the next morning, they were on it. They had everything fixed up and ready for me to sign. I had no problems with it and I'd recommend them.

American Home Guard's price is good and they are the least expensive. A service call is $45. They did include an additional part of the house that wasn't on the original policy. But sometimes you get what you pay for. And I was wondering of paying a little bit more. I'm trying to get a copy of my policy to see what it says and that's been a little difficult. When I called back, the guy was kind of snippy. I said, "I'm calling regarding getting a copy of my policy." He said, "Well, I show that we did send it to you. And you didn't sign the email on such date." I said, "I didn't sign it 'cause I responded back to you by email saying that there was nothing attached. Just send me in the mail. Forget all this." My policy is not in effect until I sign something. And they said you have to wait 30 days before starting anything. So, they're supposed to send it in the mail. I still haven’t received it. It's sketchy.

I had two home warranties and I was looking for a little bit of a cheaper co-pay because the two other ones that I was paying went up to $75. I went online, keyed in the 10 top home warranty providers and American Home Guard was one of them. The gentleman I spoke with from there who signed me up was quite knowledgeable and very kind. He listened to what I was looking for and he made it quite pleasant.

Everything was good but the only drawback that I have a problem with was their customer service. If you dial in to get service, it takes a while. I filed a claim with them and tried to describe what was wrong with my refrigerator. When I pushed the icemaker, the ice dropped down then the little sleeve wasn’t shutting. This was causing frost to go in my freezer. The rep told me that she'd put the claim in and they'll notify me if they were going to service me or not. I got an email confirmation, but nobody called me back to tell me that they weren’t going to service me. It wasn't covered under my plan so no one was ever coming out. This was probably weeks and weeks ago. The rep was very helpful but she should have followed up with me to make sure what the status was. I was a customer service rep and I would probably have done it within three days or 72 hours to see how it is.

When I called it in with my previous warranty company, they were on it within 24 hours. My other issue was when I went to their website it asked if I wanted a free quote. I had to go to the internet to get the 1-800 number because it would automatically push me to a quote. The rep told me to go on the internet and do things there with regard to my issues. I called the girl back and told her that I was not internet savvy and that I wanted to speak with somebody who can handle my concern. The other company I was with had really good customer service compared to that of American Home Guard. I thought about cancelling with American Home Guard but I thought I’d give it some more time because maybe it was just this one issue. American Home Guard is good but questionable. However, everybody needs a chance and I would still recommend them. There are always good service reps too.

Somebody set up an automatic withdrawal from my account but I didn't sign up with American Home Guard for automatic deductions. I was telling them not to withdraw from my account because I got money from a different account and I thought I deduct from my checks when I make my payments with them. I also sent them an email but no one emailed me back. It's all good now because I only got one more payment left anyway and I'm gonna make them get the last one. Also, I'm very dissatisfied with American Home Guard because no one would return my calls when I call them. And that's not good because what if something is wrong with my house and I'm calling, trying to get something fixed or somebody out there, no one would answer or no one would even return the call.

My home's warranty had expired so I searched for a home warranty company online for protection and chose to go with American Home Guard. The price which was comparable to what I current had in place and the reviews that I saw online helped me make that decision. When I signed up, I called a couple of times and the male rep was so professional. He worked with me in order to fit my needs and I got the package that I liked and the price I wanted. They were very compliant when I had called with some questions, too. I've had a pleasant experience so far though I have not submitted a claim as of yet.

Our house is getting a little old so we wanted to have peace of mind and buy a warranty for our house. I talked to a couple of American Home Guard sales reps, asked about the plan and they told me about it and the deals they have going on. Based on that, we decided to buy for three years instead of one. It was easy to make the purchase and the price is right. I'm hoping that the service they provide will be good as well.

Hi John!

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our home warranty services.

We are very pleased to hear that the your sales representative was able to offer you an outstanding rate as we look forward to be able to offer many newly enrolled clients in the future.

American Home Guard welcomes referred home owners to enroll in any one of our 3 plans which can be customized with additional coverages.

We hope that you are able to take advantage of our Referral Program and be offered incentives by one of our sales reps.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to submit your review about us.

Best,

Client Services

Original review: April 1, 2017

American Home Guard was the only one that had an extremely positive rating on the Better Business Bureau. I called them on a Sunday and they were able to sign me up on the same day. It was a pretty positive experience. The sales rep was extremely helpful and he gave me a discount that I couldn't get online helping myself. I was extremely happy. I've recommended them to my father-in-law and he's going to be using them too.

You were very helpful, and friendly. The only problem was the phone number for the electrician was not right. I call 3 times and got the same number. It kept telling me no longer in service. I didn't want to call a 4th time. If you can e-mail the name and phone number it would be appreciated.

This is my first year with this warranty company. I originally filed a claim for my pool pump the first week of March. There was paperwork I needed to send in before the claim could be started and we emailed back and forth a few days until they were able to open a copy of the scanned pages on their end. That's ok, technology is not so great all the time. My biggest problems with AHG right now are as follows: Emails where I ask a questions, or for a confirmation they have received it, are not responded to. AHG was unaware of my distance from major cities and unable to locate a technician in my area and therefore, I had to recommend and then coordinate the service call. After the technician spoke with them on the phone he sent both of us an emailed copy of the estimate.

Later that same day they sent me the following email: "We are following up regarding your service call with (co. name omitted) for the above mentioned claim submitted on March 7, 2017. Please respond to this request via email so we may update the status of your claim or let us know how else we may be of assistance." I responded... "Well, I guess I don't understand. I heard from my pool company and they said they spoke with American Home Guard. They sent me a copy of the email they sent with the estimate. Aren't we just waiting for approval now?"

As of March 20th neither I nor the pool company had received a response. Phone calls resulted in 11 to 18 minute waits and then the phone would just beep and leave me with dead air. Finally, on March 29th, I spoke with an agent at AHG and was told that a decision had just been made regarding my claim. I was told an email was scheduled to be sent and I would receive it either the 29th or 30th. I never received the email, even though I was told it was sent to 2 of my email addresses.

After 2 of the aforementioned type disconnected phone calls, I finally reached an agent and told her I hadn't received the email. I was questioned about whether I had really checked everywhere in my email. I asked her what email address it would be coming from and explained I had received all the other emails from that address and had searched that email address in both emails, to no avail. She then offered to resend it. Additionally, during both phone calls, the agent said she could not tell me what the decision was. The phone call today, the 30th, occurred at 4:07 pm AHG's time, which was an hour ago, and I still have not received the email.

I searched online for a home warranty and I liked American Home Guard's copay, warranty cost, and coverage so I went with them. They have the best price from my total price standpoint and deductible. Their reps were very informative and any questions I had, they got answered. Overall, I had a very good experience.

Hi Dallas,

Thank you so much for your positive review, it is highly appreciated.

American Home Guard is happy to offer our Red, White and Blue home warranty plans for systems, appliances, and systems & appliances, respectively.

Any plan selected at the time of purchase can be customized to include additional coverages to suit the homeowners' needs. We look forward to any referrals from you and will be glad to enroll you in our Referral Programs where we can offer you incentives to be added on to your purchased plan!

We look forward to servicing you for many years to come and value your business.

Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Client Services

Original review: March 29, 2017

American Home Guard offered a good policy at a good price and I got a discount when I signed up with them. Also, I was able to customize my policy. I only needed the system part and I didn't need the appliance coverage because I just bought new appliances. I would recommend them.

The people that sold American Home Guard and the lady that helped me work on getting the houses into the system was extremely helpful. I have no complaints. We listed a lot of property and it went well. We made the sale on Saint Patrick's on the 17th and then followed up with getting the addresses taken care of.

I was looking for a home warranty which is better than what I had. I got American Home Guard but it does appear that it's not very good because the time frame in getting something fixed is much longer than what I had. It's has been over a week now since I have heard from anybody. They keep telling me the same story about the priority levels and that they'll get back to me sooner or later. I'm still waiting for a call. Also, they are hard to get in touch with, especially on Sundays when there's nobody around. They don't work and that's a big problem. It's not a very good experience right now with American Home Guard.

I did a Google search to find something a little cheaper than the home warranty we inherited when we bought our house since it was pretty expensive. I went with American Home Guard mainly because of two things. The cost was really good and the reviews that I found on the internet were excellent. They're one of the best reviews I saw. It's been only a little over a month since I signed up and I'm a bit of a computer nerd so signing up was pretty easy. I logged on their website and filled out a quote. The few conversations I had with their representatives have been good so far.

American Home Guard's pricing was better and they gave me a good deal for being a Federal employee. I spoke to their guys when I signed up and they were very friendly and honest. They didn't sound gimmicky.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I WANT my REFUND back! I applied AHG for my son and used credit card on 3/06. Was told I will receive an email confirmation in 24 hours and the policy will start 30 days after approval, which I never got the email confirmation nor any letter send to my home. Tried to call sale Adam ** few times but was unable to reach him. I sent out my cancellation on 03/12 by email and by priority mail. Adam called and I request him to cancel my application. Still not hear anything after that. I called on 3/20 and spoke with Kim from billing. She wanted me to re-send the cancellation email again. I did. And I tried call and ask Mr. ** if he did cancel my application back on 3/12.

A sales person name Bryan answered my phone and was VERY RUDE. Told me they did receive the email and why I was keep on calling. He said "we are busy and many customers on the line now and it's Monday morning." I would not have to try to reach them if I heard ANY confirmation or anything regarding my cancellation. Normally when a company received your cancellation request, they will send you a confirmation with their cancellation procedure but not AHG. I will follow up if I do receive my money back.

My initial contact with american home guard has been excellent so far!! !

Just had to file my second claim on my furnace this year. The first time the contractor came out he repaired it and had it running well until last week. I called in to have them send out the same gentleman as the last time as he was extremely helpful. Turned out it was the same issue as the last time. Glad he fixed it again. He didn't even charge me the service call.

My previous home warranty upped our monthly rate by almost double and our per call thing was gonna go up by $35 out of the blue. I wanted to change companies and I did a little Google search on the top home warranty companies. I started calling around and I got what I wanted from American Home Guard. Setting up with them was easy.

We had a different home warranty company and it didn't work out for us, so I tried something new and more local. I looked up American Home Guard online and their customer service has been great.

Poor customer service. I submitted a claim with American Home Guard on the 6th and I wasn't happy with their claims reps. The very first time I signed up, they never confirmed my membership and never sent me the underwriting papers that I was supposed to sign yet they charged me the monthly fee. When I was waiting for them to send me something, I had compared them with American Home Shield. I couldn't remember who I signed up with because I assumed when we got off the phone, the guy was gonna send me the information. He told me he was the manager and that he would send me the information but I didn't get it.

When I was looking for the information, I called both companies. When I called American Home Shield, they looked me up by name and they said, "You're not with our company." So, I was like, "Okay." And then I called the other company. I said, "Okay, I'm confused. I signed up with somebody." They said, "No. You're not signed up with us." So then, I went on my bank statement to look and sure enough, American Home Guard had charged me the monthly fee on February 29. I called them back and told them that they charged me. "Well, let me transfer you to this person" and finally, they said, "Well, I'm reading the notes and it says that you just called and you don't have an account with us." And I'm like, "Why would you guys be putting notes in the system if I don't have an account with you?" So, that was a little interesting.

I don't know if it's the Philadelphian way of doing business or just the company culture but I'm not happy with the service and every time I called they were rude. When I filed the claim, the lady told me immediately what I was calling for wasn't covered. And I said, "Well, I don't know what the problem is. I'm just kinda throwing some things out there." And she said that she can give me referrals. Then I called the referrals and the guy was like, "We're not affiliated with them but this is how much it will cost to get your problem fixed."

I called American Home Guard back and spoke to someone else and she said, "Did you fill out a claim for it?" First of all, I said that they never sent me a claim form and I didn't know I had to fill out one. I was just given referrals and then she said, "Well, okay." We were talking through it and she said, "Well, it says here in the notes that you said it was because your water heater was leaking due to corrosion." I said, "I didn't say that. I was just asking questions." I was just calling to report it and it seems like going through American Home Guard seems more of a hassle than it's worth.

My experience was very good. My electrical panel on the outside of my house was faulty. The Insurance staff took excellent care of me and Reynolds electric was there when they stated. Technician excellent. It was taken care of to my satisfactory. Technician was very personable. Asked a lot of questions.

I did a Google search for home warranties in January and I went with American Home Guard primarily because of the cost, the service fee, and the network they covered in Orlando. I did an inquiry then somebody called me and I signed up over the phone. It was an easy process. They sent me a contract to sign and send back.

My daughter-in-law is a realtor agent and she has some properties that she manages. And she told me about the American Home Guard insurance, that it was good and that I should do it. So I did it. But then they were not answering her phone calls. She had a property that she was renting and she had trouble with them. Then I had a problem myself with my dryer and I called them. I got a recorder and they made me wait and wait. They said they were going to get in touch with me and I also wrote them a letter and I said, "If you don't answer me in two days, I want a refund." But up until now, I haven't heard anything from them.

I also took a policy for a rental that I have. I have a renter there that has been there for 15 years and if she calls me and tells that the toilet is not working, I cannot leave her for 10 days without a toilet, in a one-bathroom house. So I have to cancel that policy because it doesn't work. I'm an architect and I was ready to recommend them but I can't.

I had a home warranty on a house that I had purchased last year and I wanted to get another warranty because I’m renting another house. I looked at four different ones and I went with American Home Guard because of their price. Over the phone, they were nice enough and answered my questions. When I purchased the warranty, I also talked to one of their guys and interactions went okay and without any problems.

American Home Guard Company Profile