American Home Guard

American Home Guard has fast and reliable claims services that will ensure you and your family’s appliance or system replacement/repairs are taken care of.
American Home Guard has three different service plans that can be tailored to fit your specific needs.
As an industry leader they provide the most comprehensive and flexible warranty on the market and offer a full 30-day Money Back Guarantee.

Call them toll free today for a free quote make sure you ask about the senior citizens, military and veteran discounts!

Compare Home Warranties, Service Plans

Research top Home Warranties, Service Plans recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I canceled my American Home Guard service contract on Feb 2, 2017 and was told that I would receive a refund. Literally 15 phone calls and 3 emails later, I still do not have the refund. I have been told several times that it was mailed, but I still have not received my refund (which I agreed I was due). This cannot be an ethical practice, I would warn everyone to not do business with American Home Guard.

HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!! I called on 7/1/2017. They told me they would have someone at my house within 48 hours which I thought was great. But I heard nothing so I called on 7/5/17. They told me they would call me that same day. I told them to make sure they call my number as it is the primary number. But I did not get a call so I called back on 7/6/17. And they told me the same thing so I patiently waited again and called back on 7/7/17. They told me they called me on the 6th but they could not get a hold of me. I told them that I did not receive a call from them and that my shower head is leaking over 1 gallon a day. They told me that they were going to put it as a priority because of that. But it was Friday and where they are located it was already 5 o'clock. But that I might still get a call that day since it is such a big issue. But once again I received no call. No email. Nothing. I figured since it was the weekend I was going to let it go until Monday.

So I called today and asked to speak to the manager. He said he tried calling me on the 6th but used the secondary number even after I told them to specifically call my number. He then tells me that they apparently don't cover it and that they don't cover any shower head, valves, faucets, or anything like that. I asked why wouldn't they tell me that when I first called or at least call me back to tell me that. All he said was sorry... That is all after 10 days of trying to get a hold of them. He says sorry that doesn't help my situation at all. I am now afraid of something In my home going bad because I have no idea if they will decide not to cover it when it is convenient to them. I wish I didn't go with this warranty company and I hope nothing goes wrong in my house in the next year so I don't have to deal with their horrible customer service!!!

Worst experience I ever had. Unprofessional, horrible customer service, can't get through to anyone if needed, they don't do what they say. They took out more money from my account and I had a hard time getting it back only because I had proof. They hardly ever returned an email or call, claims cover almost nothing. Ended up spending more of my money, time and fixing my own repair with no help from them. Complete waste of money and time. They should not be trusted. Don't take my word for it. Call repair companies and ask them what they think of America Home Guard before spending your money. It will be worth the call. Good luck!

I called to sign up for a policy for my home on 5/26/2017. I was told I would receive an email with a copy of my policy. However, I did not receive it. After at least 6 phones calls over the course of a week I was assured the email was on its way. No one tells the truth at this company. As of 6/7/2017 I still have not received my policy. I sent an email to the company informing them I was cancelling my policy! If they can't send an email what makes me think I will be able to get service for my home. I also called my credit card company to make sure the charge on my account is reversed.

Paid $799. 45 days later needed service, waited over a month. Called appliance repair personally. Cost me over $700. AHG offered $150, but never sent money. I canceled, one month still no refund. Spoke with a Cheryl, Stephanie, Jim, Warren(?), and more. This is a ripoff.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Home Guard?

To all the consumer that are looking for help with their household appliance and to add, added comfort and insurance, this is not the company for you... There are multi companies out there and you might be confusing this one with American Home Shield! Our recommendation is do your homework before signing anything with this company because unlike Veterans... They do NOT have your back! We have submitted three claim and we were denied for all just because at one point of the component it holds or water runs through, which in return, they says it LEAK and it not cover! From one consumer to another CONSUMER BEWARE! Look elsewhere for coverage.

I bought a policy with American Home Guard on 12/10/16. My Air conditioner broke and I called to file a claim. We were asked to give a description of the item which we did. We never received a response. We finally called in March inquiring about the claim. Apparently they do not have technicians and could not send anyone. After a series of complaints they called and told me that they will send a technician. No technician called or showed up. We followed again with phone calls. No technician. They offered to make things better when we threatened to cancel but still no services.

They told us to write an email to cancel the policy which we did on March 25, 2017. They never responded to the email. After another phone call and email, they sent us a cancellation acceptance email using some else's name. I questioned the email. They send another email apologizing about the name. Our air conditioner is still not repaired.

In May I spoke to a supervisor (Stephanie) who sounded like she is willing to resolve the issue. At the end of our conversation she promised to refund all our money and waive the fees. She also promised to look into the company associates to evaluate why this happened and correct it for future clients. This was ok.

On May 8, 2017, I received a cancellation request with a fine of $375.00. What shocked me is that we had this company for four months, they did not honor the contract by not sending a technician, they breached the contract, and then charged us a lot of money for cancelling. I will be calling the Department of Consumer Affairs to help us with this fraudulent company. If anyone else would like to call please do so to help many people who are going to fall into this scam. Very dangerous!!!

This company is nothing but trouble. I purchased this warranty, and they did all they could to avoid processing a claim. So I cancelled my policy - in Nov 2016. It's April 2017 and they haven't sent the refund.

American Home Guard's package deal seemed like a good deal for three years and they extended it. One of the things I really was interested in was that they told us that it was all inclusive. If the furnace breaks down, there's no cap so if it's $5,000, they'll fix it. I was on the phone for a long time with the rep because I wanted to make sure that there were no caps. I had Sears package before which had caps on it. But the rep treated me well on the phone and answered all my questions. I made the decision to have coverage on my house. If two systems go at once, I'm gonna have a problem. But so far, so good though I haven't had to use it. The material they have given me is great and hopefully, they'll live up to their word. The company has just extended the coverage and I'm wondering if they're gonna be taking $200 this month.

I purchased an older home so I decided to look into acquiring a home warranty. American Home Guard was the first one to return my call. I liked the cost and what they offered so I went with them. I've been with them since February. My interactions with their sales rep were all done over the phone. When I bought the policy, I spoke to someone then and I had a little trouble getting a copy of it. I spoke to someone a couple of times after that. All in all, I'm very pleased with the service that I got so far.

I’ve signed up for American Home Guard and so far, it's been fine and I've had no problems.

We have a rental house in Florida and we want to make sure things were covered. We researched and got American Home Guard. The representative told me everything about the warranty.

I was searching on the web and I came across American Home Guard and decided to go with them. I liked the offer that they offered me, with the discounts for being a veteran. However, I did one claim yesterday and I was on hold for 15 minutes. I had to leave a callback number and I have not received a callback yet from the claims center. In most other places I had, if you’re put on hold, they’ll give you a wait time whenever you call. You can expect 5 to 15 minutes rather than sitting on the phone waiting. They need to staff a few more people so a person’s not put on hold so long just to find out that they’re supposedly going to call you back.

I liked the price of the American Home Guard warranty as well as the price to be paid when they come out. And signing up with them was a great experience overall.

American Home Guard sucks. Every time that I want a claim, they couldn’t fix any of the problems so I closed the account. My fridge broke down one day but I didn’t know that I had to wait 30 days before the warranty takes effect. And the guy was very sarcastic and that's where it pissed me off even more. If he could’ve been understanding and explained it differently, I would’ve done it differently, too. I searched over the internet about their reputation and the customer service they provide and there’s a lot of negativity from them. It’s better to look for someone else.

I had American Home Shield and I got very disgusted with their service. We choose to always have a home warranty put in so I needed to replace them. I looked at American Home Guard's website and a representative called me and he is customer service quality. He was 80% of the reason why I chose to go with them. Moreover, American Home Guard was in the top range based on the Consumer Reports.

American Home Guard called me, insured my appliances and I paid them. I told them my address and they took a payment. Then they took another payment. I called them twice during that time and said, "I never got a contract with you." They said to me, "Oh, okay. We do it email." I said, "Well, it's not in my email. Send it to my email and slow mail."

Two or three months later, I needed service on an appliance. Suddenly they didn't service my area. I asked for a refund of my money. I really wanted my appliance service placed through. I said, "You have my address and had it for so long. And you took it when you gave me the contract and said you definitely do take it." And with that, they said, "No, that was an error.” I said, “But two other times you had the chance to turn around and know my address, since I gave it to you, if you don't service the area.” I asked for my money back. She told me she wouldn't give me my money back 'til I went online and cancelled the contract. I don't want to look like I cancelled the contract. Fact of the matter is, I didn't have a contract. But they dipped their little hand in my checking account twice for the payments. So, they owe me two.

I think it's a scam. I don't think there's any Guard. You think your home is insured and you just keep paying them. Generally, you don't need them. Then something comes up and then they tell you that was an error. There's no service.

I Googled home warranties and American Home Guard is on the list of 10 best. Their sales representative on the phone was very nice and excellent. Also, since I've got two units that's an owner-occupied rental, and with the discount, I was able to insure both units. All in all, the experience was excellent. I have recommended American Home Guard and gave their number to a friend of mine.

I’ve had American Home Guard for three weeks. The guy that I dealt with was good and very helpful. He was nice and answered my questions. The only thing is it took a little while getting the contract paperwork to me. It took four days.

We got American Home Guard for the house that we’re selling. Their sales rep gave me a good deal. I told them what I was doing and they sent me over to another division and gave me a decent price with three months extra. Overall, their service is good.

Good evening Alan,

American Home Guard wants to thank you for your review and hope that you continue to be happy with the services provided.

We are proud to offer our Buyers and Sellers program where our clients can take advantage of discounts and/or promotions that may be available at the point of sale.

Our sales teams and client service specialists look forward to assisting our clients with the best of customer service. We look forward to referrals of buyers and sellers and to offer the best home warranty rates in the industry.

We appreciate your business!

Client Services

We had a home warranty with another company before and it made sense to have that type of security around the house. American Home Guard came up as the best company for me in a Google search. I talked to a guy on the phone to sign up. He called, took my information and told me what would benefit me best. I've discussed with my husband what would be best for us. We decided on the program that suited and benefited us and signed up. We included the pool in the coverage, military discounts and different stuff that factored into the process. We signed up for a one-year contract and we had the option to pay all at once at a discounted rate. That's what I wanted to do but we ended up paying for it monthly. Also, they're very prompt. I called them late one evening and the next morning, they were on it. They had everything fixed up and ready for me to sign. I had no problems with it and I'd recommend them.

American Home Guard's price is good and they are the least expensive. A service call is $45. They did include an additional part of the house that wasn't on the original policy. But sometimes you get what you pay for. And I was wondering of paying a little bit more. I'm trying to get a copy of my policy to see what it says and that's been a little difficult. When I called back, the guy was kind of snippy. I said, "I'm calling regarding getting a copy of my policy." He said, "Well, I show that we did send it to you. And you didn't sign the email on such date." I said, "I didn't sign it 'cause I responded back to you by email saying that there was nothing attached. Just send me in the mail. Forget all this." My policy is not in effect until I sign something. And they said you have to wait 30 days before starting anything. So, they're supposed to send it in the mail. I still haven’t received it. It's sketchy.

I had two home warranties and I was looking for a little bit of a cheaper co-pay because the two other ones that I was paying went up to $75. I went online, keyed in the 10 top home warranty providers and American Home Guard was one of them. The gentleman I spoke with from there who signed me up was quite knowledgeable and very kind. He listened to what I was looking for and he made it quite pleasant.

Everything was good but the only drawback that I have a problem with was their customer service. If you dial in to get service, it takes a while. I filed a claim with them and tried to describe what was wrong with my refrigerator. When I pushed the icemaker, the ice dropped down then the little sleeve wasn’t shutting. This was causing frost to go in my freezer. The rep told me that she'd put the claim in and they'll notify me if they were going to service me or not. I got an email confirmation, but nobody called me back to tell me that they weren’t going to service me. It wasn't covered under my plan so no one was ever coming out. This was probably weeks and weeks ago. The rep was very helpful but she should have followed up with me to make sure what the status was. I was a customer service rep and I would probably have done it within three days or 72 hours to see how it is.

When I called it in with my previous warranty company, they were on it within 24 hours. My other issue was when I went to their website it asked if I wanted a free quote. I had to go to the internet to get the 1-800 number because it would automatically push me to a quote. The rep told me to go on the internet and do things there with regard to my issues. I called the girl back and told her that I was not internet savvy and that I wanted to speak with somebody who can handle my concern. The other company I was with had really good customer service compared to that of American Home Guard. I thought about cancelling with American Home Guard but I thought I’d give it some more time because maybe it was just this one issue. American Home Guard is good but questionable. However, everybody needs a chance and I would still recommend them. There are always good service reps too.

Somebody set up an automatic withdrawal from my account but I didn't sign up with American Home Guard for automatic deductions. I was telling them not to withdraw from my account because I got money from a different account and I thought I deduct from my checks when I make my payments with them. I also sent them an email but no one emailed me back. It's all good now because I only got one more payment left anyway and I'm gonna make them get the last one. Also, I'm very dissatisfied with American Home Guard because no one would return my calls when I call them. And that's not good because what if something is wrong with my house and I'm calling, trying to get something fixed or somebody out there, no one would answer or no one would even return the call.

My home's warranty had expired so I searched for a home warranty company online for protection and chose to go with American Home Guard. The price which was comparable to what I current had in place and the reviews that I saw online helped me make that decision. When I signed up, I called a couple of times and the male rep was so professional. He worked with me in order to fit my needs and I got the package that I liked and the price I wanted. They were very compliant when I had called with some questions, too. I've had a pleasant experience so far though I have not submitted a claim as of yet.

Our house is getting a little old so we wanted to have peace of mind and buy a warranty for our house. I talked to a couple of American Home Guard sales reps, asked about the plan and they told me about it and the deals they have going on. Based on that, we decided to buy for three years instead of one. It was easy to make the purchase and the price is right. I'm hoping that the service they provide will be good as well.

American Home Guard was the only one that had an extremely positive rating on the Better Business Bureau. I called them on a Sunday and they were able to sign me up on the same day. It was a pretty positive experience. The sales rep was extremely helpful and he gave me a discount that I couldn't get online helping myself. I was extremely happy. I've recommended them to my father-in-law and he's going to be using them too.

Hi John!

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our home warranty services.

We are very pleased to hear that the your sales representative was able to offer you an outstanding rate as we look forward to be able to offer many newly enrolled clients in the future.

American Home Guard welcomes referred home owners to enroll in any one of our 3 plans which can be customized with additional coverages.

We hope that you are able to take advantage of our Referral Program and be offered incentives by one of our sales reps.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to submit your review about us.

Best,

Client Services

You were very helpful, and friendly. The only problem was the phone number for the electrician was not right. I call 3 times and got the same number. It kept telling me no longer in service. I didn't want to call a 4th time. If you can e-mail the name and phone number it would be appreciated.

This is my first year with this warranty company. I originally filed a claim for my pool pump the first week of March. There was paperwork I needed to send in before the claim could be started and we emailed back and forth a few days until they were able to open a copy of the scanned pages on their end. That's ok, technology is not so great all the time. My biggest problems with AHG right now are as follows: Emails where I ask a questions, or for a confirmation they have received it, are not responded to. AHG was unaware of my distance from major cities and unable to locate a technician in my area and therefore, I had to recommend and then coordinate the service call. After the technician spoke with them on the phone he sent both of us an emailed copy of the estimate.

Later that same day they sent me the following email: "We are following up regarding your service call with (co. name omitted) for the above mentioned claim submitted on March 7, 2017. Please respond to this request via email so we may update the status of your claim or let us know how else we may be of assistance." I responded... "Well, I guess I don't understand. I heard from my pool company and they said they spoke with American Home Guard. They sent me a copy of the email they sent with the estimate. Aren't we just waiting for approval now?"

As of March 20th neither I nor the pool company had received a response. Phone calls resulted in 11 to 18 minute waits and then the phone would just beep and leave me with dead air. Finally, on March 29th, I spoke with an agent at AHG and was told that a decision had just been made regarding my claim. I was told an email was scheduled to be sent and I would receive it either the 29th or 30th. I never received the email, even though I was told it was sent to 2 of my email addresses.

After 2 of the aforementioned type disconnected phone calls, I finally reached an agent and told her I hadn't received the email. I was questioned about whether I had really checked everywhere in my email. I asked her what email address it would be coming from and explained I had received all the other emails from that address and had searched that email address in both emails, to no avail. She then offered to resend it. Additionally, during both phone calls, the agent said she could not tell me what the decision was. The phone call today, the 30th, occurred at 4:07 pm AHG's time, which was an hour ago, and I still have not received the email.

I searched online for a home warranty and I liked American Home Guard's copay, warranty cost, and coverage so I went with them. They have the best price from my total price standpoint and deductible. Their reps were very informative and any questions I had, they got answered. Overall, I had a very good experience.

American Home Guard Company Profile