toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

American Home Guard has been good so far. I went with them because of their pricing and the services they offer. We've only had the service for about 60 days and we haven't had any issues with it. Setting it up was quick and easy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

American Home Guard was cheaper than other home warranty companies. Also, their rep was fine when I was signing up. However, they are supposed to send the information but I haven't got any yet, and it's been over a week now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

American Home Guard's offerings were comparable with the other companies but as far as price is concerned, they were considerably cheaper and they offered me a mix that the others couldn't at that price. The rep I spoke with was a little high-pressure. He didn't have to as I am perfectly capable of figuring out the deal. But the fact that he worked it as hard as he did resulted to me coming away with a much better deal so it balances out. I told my ex-wife about them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I chose American Home Guard because they had what I was looking for and they were from Utah. They had a good deal too compared to everybody else. It was really easy to deal with their reps during sign-up. I recommend this company and in fact, I've already got two friends that signed up with them because of me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I signed up with American Home Guard because they said they were going to add the roof in so if I have a roof leak, they'll patch it up. They also said they gave me three months extra. The person who signed me up was good. I just hope that everything he told me is true.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Home Guard?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I checked Consumer Reports and American Home Guard was high-listing there. I also liked the deductible on their home warranty program. The reps treated me very well and my experience has been so far, so good.

Whirlpool microwave was a few months over a year old when it broke. (This machine was actually a replacement for one that quit working within a week of installation... it was replaced by Home Depot, out of customer goodwill, when Whirlpool was dragging their feet on repairs and not amenable to replacement.) This time, Laura talked directly to Whirlpool and got them to extend our warranty and fix it--they actually ended up replacing it, as they could not provide service due to flooding in Baton Rouge, which is the nearest service point to us. We really appreciated her working with them and don't think we would have had this good an outcome if she had not. It was beyond the call of duty!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found American Home Guard on Consumer Affairs website and chose them because of the reviews I saw. When I signed up, I had questions and they resolved them. I'm glad I read the fine print. We're all happy. They were responsive to my inquiries and we came to an agreement quickly. So far, I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

American Home Guard serviced the location in Atlanta so we got them. Their sales rep told me they were going to send me some documentation, but instead of sending me the documentation, they continued to try to upsell me before we even got the initial contract going. Hopefully, I won't need it. But when I do, hopefully they're there to provide the service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

American Home Guard had the add-on provided for roof coverage and also the six years for the electrical and plumbing stuff so I chose them over other home warranty providers. I had good interaction with their customer service when I signed up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went for American Home Guard because of the rates I've seen that were given by other consumers. The sales representative was very helpful. As a first time home buyer, you normally don't know what questions to answer so he provided everything that I needed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was referred to American Home Guard by a friend. They are honest and their prices are fantastic. The technicians are very respectful, take their time to explain everything to you and make you feel at ease. There's a time when my fridge and washing machine needed a fix. I spoke with the claims lady in the department and they took my information right away. I had a technician later that same day and he was very well endowed in his field. He introduced himself and was very polite. He knew what he was doing and told us how it would work. After he made the repairs, he made sure everything was working and up to par. I've never been happy with a home warranty company the way that I've been happy. So overall from working with the sales people and their claims department, I've been nothing but satisfied and being that I was referred, I'm going to pass that on and refer the company to other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found American Home Guard on the top ten list while I was doing my research online. They gave me a great price. Their service is excellent and the process wasn't too hard. There was always somebody available to take my call and I'm very happy I purchased their service. The reps were very informative about anything that we asked them and they told us the time frame. I had my oldest son call them a few times and they were perfect.

I used American Home Guard twice so far since I purchased the policy. One time it was for a refrigerator. They scheduled the time and it was within a day or so. My wife was able to just give the guy the service fee and he took care of the refrigerator. When I had another problem with my AC as it stopped working this summer, I called American Home Guard. The AC went out for about a day but within 48 hours, it was fixed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a warranty before, but I'm switching companies for better service. I came across a website that had the top 10 companies. I set up my warranty with American Home Guard over the phone, and it was a good experience. So far, I'm extremely satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased a home so we purchased a home warranty. We researched on the internet and American Home Guard had the better price and seemed to have complete coverage. So far, we don't have any issues with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just joined American Home Guard last month. The sales rep I talked to was professional and trustworthy. He was totally honest about everything and answered questions I had straight up. As long as I have their coverage every month and they honor it, I'm good to go.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend told me that his washing machine broke and called up American Home Guard for service and everything worked out. So I went ahead and gave them a shot. They were helpful. In fact, I had registered two properties with them and it’s been good so far. One time, my wife was having trouble with the garage door. It wasn't opening so I called them up. That day, they sent a mechanic out and we paid the service fee. I had him order the part and he shipped it overnight for me which is good. They were very professional and very good. All I had to do was call them, give them my policy number and my address. We don't want to let anyone in the house we don’t know but my wife told me the mechanic was great, very respectful and a pleasure to deal with. He came, diagnosed the problem and came back the next day with the part and installed it. The garage door worked ever since.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw my neighbor out three months ago and I saw a heat and cooling truck in his driveway. He was having trouble with their air conditioner and they're putting a new one in that day. His out-of-pocket looked like $140 and so I asked how he was getting that done. He told me about American Home Guard and about how he's had a couple of claims and how smooth it's gone. It got me thinking and I started researching companies, and I was really impressed with the feedback I got on AHG.

I live in a fairly new house and most of my appliances like my stove and refrigerator are brand new. So, I didn't anticipate anything going wrong with them. Then, my dryer went bad and I had to call American Home Guard. I dreaded making that call but they treated me like a million dollars so I've been real happy. I know there are cheaper companies out there and I've gotten cheaper beds on supposedly the same protection, but price doesn't always mean the best deal. I even checked with the Better Business Bureau and there have been some complaints, but American Home Guard had no unresolved complaints that I could see.

Resolution In Progress

Hello, Mr. Vyas

Thank you for choosing American Home Guard.

We take great pride in providing excellent service to all of our clients.

According to our records, your policy went out within the stated time of 24-hours from the sales transaction of the purchase. Our Sales Team worked to offer the best incentives available on the market to tailor the coverage to your needs.

We thank you for sharing your perspective of your experience with us and look forward to continued success.

Client Services,

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

I called a couple of companies and American Home Guard responded very fast. I got a call and a couple of emails in which the policy was given in the initial email. The person I dealt with walked me through everything and told me that if I bought the service right then, I can do 15 months instead of 12 and they can add some extra coverage. He also told me that I can cancel it if I didn't like it and it would not be a problem. I agreed and he said he would update everything and send me the whole contract. I saw the bill but I never got the contract in my email or mail. So I was not very happy with that. But American Home Guard provided a very good deal with a very good plan and coverage.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Oct. 21, 2016

We had difficulty connecting with someone, but a rep finally called us back. All went well and we would highly recommend this company. Thanks to Laura for your help.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

American Home Guard offered us a good deal at a good price. The guy I talked to was very nice and we saw what worked for us but at the moment, I'm not too happy with them. I can't get anybody to answer me. I had been trying all day to get a hold of them about my bills because a little over a month ago, we did a two-payment plan. We paid the first payment and they're supposed to take the second payment out a week ago today, but they haven't taken the payment out. I wanted to make sure if my policy is in effect. I have left five messages now with different people. They said they'll call me back but nobody's ever called me back. This company sucks because there's no customer service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Submitting a claim with American Home Guard is simple. We called in, filed the claim, had somebody come to the home and they went ahead with the repairs. The technician was a gentleman and it was a good experience. I've had a home warranty before and with the amount of stress and nonsense that I had to deal with, I'm glad I came up with American Home Guard. I'd definitely recommend them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I switched to American Home Guard because I wasn't happy with AHS. Their price was excellent. I call their sales rep regularly to follow up. Last week, I called them up to file a claim for my dishwasher. Then they sent somebody out after I got off of work the next day. The contractor said that the rinse speed wasn't working so the detergent was all filled up. They unclogged it and all I had to pay was a service fee for $45. They're one of the best companies I've had.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I received an email from American Home Guard saying they were going to fix all the systems or appliances in my house. I called and they told me exactly what would be covered and how much it would cost me out of pocket if I needed a contractor to come out. They answered all my questions and signing up was very easy. I've only had them for a few months and I have yet to file a claim.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a home warranty, and I saw a lot of good reviews about American Home Guard. The guy that I spoke with was really great in explaining everything and in getting me signed up. He was very knowledgeable, courteous and helpful, which really helped me make my mind up. I haven't had any experience yet on the service itself, but it has been a pleasure to have become an American Home Guard customer. The experience was really great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The expense of everything breaking down made me decide to get a home warranty and my sister recommended American Home Guard to me. The sales representative was very helpful and nice. I haven't got to use them yet, but so far I would recommend them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My brand new appliances had ran out of warranty and appliances today don't last long like they used to. I’ve always had a home warranty but I wasn’t happy with the other insurance company I had so I looked for a new one. American Home Guard's prices were more reasonable so I took a chance and took them at face value - whatever they said, they would do. I haven’t had to use it yet and I really haven’t had much time to look into the contract but so far, I’m happy with it. I suspect they would live up to what they say they’ll do. After all, Better Business Bureau recommends them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've never had a home warranty. We've had our home since 2009 and now own a second one but we haven't even thought of having home warranty until this year. One of my co-workers said she called her home warranty company and they'll gonna come over and take a look at their air conditioner. I thought you could only do that when you sell your home as part of purchase for the new people buying the house. She said, "No, you can get it anytime." I didn't even know about that. So then that's when I started checking out home warranty companies and chose American Home Guard. I spoke to a representative, I told them that there was a specific person that we like to use or a company that we would like to use. They said most likely they'll be on their list. He checked and they said they were not on there. But he would put down that they would be our preferred company that would come over because in the past they have done great work for us.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live in a condo that was built in 1975 and I already replaced all my appliances a couple of years ago, and I figured they’re going to break down. I had been with different home warranty companies for a dozen year and had some decent service. However, I had a bad experience with the last one I was with, so I did some homework on the internet to find another company. I found American Home Guard and spoke to one of their sales reps. The coverage was comparable to what I had and a few dollars more, but I wasn't satisfied with the previous company, so I got American Home Guard. The sales rep told me what was going on and emailed me the particulars. The warranty won’t be active ‘til the end of the month.

Hi Jennifer,

We are so glad to hear you are so happy with us. It's loyal customers like you that keep us doing what we do best. Being that you met our qualifications we were able to offer you an exclusive rate. American Home Guard strives for excellence and customer service is our number one priority. Happy we can help!

Customer Relations,

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

My previous home warranty was not willing to work with me. I just bought a house last year and they increased their insurance rate from $345 to $487, so that is not acceptable. I called them to let them know that I was looking into getting another policy and they didn't care. I then went to American Home Guard and they're willing to work with me. I spoke to a sales rep and he was very good. I told him that I could not afford to pay everything all at once, so I asked him if I could break the payment in two instead of one and he was willing to do that. They went out of their way to work with me.

When I told them what I wanted, I was able to lock in the rate for another five years or for the life of the policy. And my service call is going to be $45, instead of $65 like American Home Warranty wanted, and my annual rate for the insurance is $350, which is very good. I recommended them to my girlfriend. My policy is not going to be active yet though until my other home warranty is up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I decided to get a home warranty for the house that I'm renting because it's a wise thing to protect my appliances. American Home Guard had the best price and according to different consumer websites, they're rated pretty high. I've just started with them and I haven't had any issues. It was a positive experience purchasing the warranty from them.

American Home Guard Company Profile