toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I can not complain. American General have great service with my plumbing in bathroom. Plumber come and fix issue in less than 1 hour. Very good company. I will tell my coworkers to sign up and they give me free months.

I live abroad and have a few homes that I rent out in Florida. Although I have a management team, I purchased coverage for all the homes. And thank goodness I did! I had one of the homes' ac go out and needed replacement in the middle of July and everyone knows how Florida is at that time of year. American General came and replaced the unit within 2 days. Can't begin to tell you how happy I am knowing I have a company like them especially because I am always traveling for business. Will definitely recommend American General Warranty!

Our most recent experience with American General was having a technician have to come back to the house to fix the lack of cool air coming from our air conditioning. The repair guy determined the unit had a issue with compressor. I called American General to ask them what to do. While still on the phone with them, within 15 min, I got an approval to replace the entire compressor at no extra cost to me besides for the 45 dollars I paid for my service call.

In extremely warm weather, the repair guy worked hard and long to repair the unit. He was soo nice. He realised that my husband and I with our newborn and 2 girls needed a cool house right away. After like 6 hours He had to leave for 2 hours or so to pick up his kid from school, he asked if we would mind he would be right back! Sure enough with a smile he came back the same day fixed our whole unit. The whole time he was nice and very professional. He cleaned up after himself and was very gracious for the bottled water we gave him.

I was so so surprised, shocked and grateful to him and American general for really standing up to the plate and going to bat for us and making it look so easy throughout the whole process. I can even imagine having to pay for all that out of pocket for the repair right now with the holidays coming. All I paid was my service fee! Glad I had them doesn't quite cut it. They were godsend. I can't say enough good things about them and their staff! I will definitely be sending them a holiday card. :) Thank you guys so much for really caring. :) God bless you and I hope you can bring the same holiday joy to others just like you did with us. Thank you American general. :)

I have 2 investment properties that needed coverage. I contacted American General and was surprised how comfortable I felt speaking with the representative. He was very informative and he found a plan that fits my needs. I got the Combo package which covers most of the items in the property as well as the pool. He wasn't a typical sales guy ‘cause he wasn't pushy, unlike some of the other companies I have called. If you ask me, It didn't sound like he was working on commission. So I chose American General Warranty because they made me feel like they actually cared for my concerns and I'm confident I made the right choice.

I recently placed a service call for my fridge and the process was simple and quick. Took less than 48 hours to get a repair guy out to me. The customer service rep was very nice and friendly and the best part about it was it was not time-consuming. I am a busy man and it only took 3 minutes from when I called to put the claim in. I already referred a couple of friends. Keep it up American General!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American General Warranty?

American General Warranty Company Profile